Sharp Reflexes

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Big Blue » Mon May 16, 2011 1:44 am

Pain's screwed
I would if I could

but I cant

So I wont

---------------------------------
DeviantArt account: BiggBlue
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:34 pm
Location: like im gonna tell you
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby GIGA-XISBASS » Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 am

You know, it's funny that Lord Pain says Her is in a World of Pain and that Her is the one with the Meat Tenderizer ready to girlslap him in the head with it and show Lord Pain a World of Pain which is ironic cause his name is Pain and he's about to feel Pain very badly.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Imosa » Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 am

GIGA-XISBASS wrote:You know, it's funny that Lord Pain says Her is in a World of Pain and that Her is the one with the Meat Tenderizer ready to girlslap him in the head with it and show Lord Pain a World of Pain which is ironic cause his name is Pain and he's about to feel Pain very badly.

So pretentious. I've been thinking. Isn't Pain a seasoned fighter. I assume so if he's the head of the guard. Just because Mimi took out the guards so quickly means little when shes about to fight the boss at the end. It would not be surprising in the least if Pain proved to be more handy with his mace then Mimi is with hers (hammer, mace, same difference).

Of course Pain does seem to be more comic relief then anything but now I feel like I want him to maintain some dignity.
Last edited by Imosa on Mon May 16, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Andres1994 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am

cool. :mrgreen:
but I expected more than kitchen knives. :unsure:
seems that Mimi loves her dental igiene.
and it seems that much pain pain awaits.
:twisted:
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:36 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Love you Mimi. you make me so proud. :sosad:

Imosa wrote:
GIGA-XISBASS wrote:You know, it's funny that Lord Pain says Her is in a World of Pain and that Her is the one with the Meat Tenderizer ready to girlslap him in the head with it and show Lord Pain a World of Pain which is ironic cause his name is Pain and he's about to feel Pain very badly.

So pretentious. I've been thinking. Isn't Pain a seasoned fighter. I assume so if he's the head of the guard. Just because Mimi took out the guards so quickly means little when shes about to fight the boss at the end. It would not be surprising in the least if Pain proved to be more handy with his mace then Mimi is with hers (hammer, mace, same difference).

Of course Pain does seem to be more comic relief then anything but now I feel like I want him to maintain some dignity.


Supposedly, yes. Pain is a seasoned fighter. He does hold some sort of position like Captain, but I believe it was Nergal Jr who held the title of Captain of the Guard. Of course I can't remember if the comic said that, and it could be that after the affair with Mandy, that he was released from that duty.

Now, being a seasoned fighter doesn't mean shit. Just because you are a vet, or something along those lines means that you basically have a ton of experience behind it, but that doesn't mean that you can't get owned by a demonic little girl. I'm not saying that seasoned fighters aren't bad asses. Just that anyone could make a mistake, and that there is also someone better than you.
Mimi has been through a lot, and is very skilled, and very powerful. The fight with Pain is either going to be very, very short, or somewhat lenghty.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19024
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby OWA » Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm

ok i gotta admit pain is a dumb ass if a small red demon girl just crush all-not one-all of your army you might wanna reconsider charging like a mad bull.
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 11:09 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 16, 2011 1:06 pm

See? This kid is using his brain.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19024
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Rhapsodna » Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm

dental hygeine is important....
Ah, Sarcasm......

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ CONTRACT?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 am
Location: rocking out with the poptart cat
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby GIGA-XISBASS » Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Pain is in big trouble.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:11 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Neferius » Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 pm

LOL at the Bleach reference :grin: ...but seriously, what a weird time for dental hygiene o.O
Eternally Seeking,
Neferius.
Mage of Void
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 4:18 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:32 pm

OWA wrote:ok i gotta admit pain is a dumb ass if a small red demon girl just crush all-not one-all of your army you might wanna reconsider charging like a mad bull.

Pain doesn't strike me as that type of character really, I've always seen him as exactly the kind of guy who runs in to get as much of the violence as he can.

Also, depending on what he is, he may just be over-confident in his abilities or underestimating Mimi's, or trying to show off in front of his boss's kids.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15208
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Imosa » Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Supposedly, yes. Pain is a seasoned fighter. He does hold some sort of position like Captain, but I believe it was Nergal Jr who held the title of Captain of the Guard. Of course I can't remember if the comic said that, and it could be that after the affair with Mandy, that he was released from that duty.

Now, being a seasoned fighter doesn't mean shit. Just because you are a vet, or something along those lines means that you basically have a ton of experience behind it, but that doesn't mean that you can't get owned by a demonic little girl. I'm not saying that seasoned fighters aren't bad asses. Just that anyone could make a mistake, and that there is also someone better than you.
Mimi has been through a lot, and is very skilled, and very powerful. The fight with Pain is either going to be very, very short, or somewhat lenghty.

First of all, thank you for the correction.
As for Mimi vs. Pain, let me start out by agreeing that anything is possible, a little girl in over her head can be owned by a seasoned warrior.
Now, you say being a vet doesn't mean shit but I believe it means a lot of shit. There is a difference between learning how to fight and actually fighting. The ladder taking a certain level of internal strength in the face of a deadly situation. Now, assuming Pain is a seasoned fighter, both Pain and Mimi have that level of internal strength. So in that sense they are equal.
However, something else that an experienced fighter has is a natural feel for fighting. That is a level of understanding for how you work and how your opponents work during a battle. If Pain is a seasoned fighter and Mimi is not, then she will louse in this department. An example is Pain might anticipate that Mimi is holding a concealed Meat Tenderizer behind her back and already taken it into account. Mimi in her ignorance might not think that opponents think this far ahead.

Now, here is one last note. I don't doubt Mimi is crazy powerful. All I'm saying is not to write off Pain like hes nothing.

OWA wrote:ok i gotta admit pain is a dumb ass if a small red demon girl just crush all-not one-all of your army you might wanna reconsider charging like a mad bull.

Maybe Pain feels he is much better then his guards. I wouldn't doubt it. Besides, what would you do? Not like there is anywhere to fall back too.

MQuinny1234 wrote: or trying to show off in front of his boss's kids.

That doesn't seem like him either though. He doesn't need to impress anyone, expect for Mandy.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby omega92 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Maybe she is planing to plant a kiss on someone..........
Who likes to have stuff in there teeth when there kissing?
Answer: no one......
P.S good page
"googleyeyes" :happy:
Omega92
Imagination Is The Blueprint Of Creation.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Dream Land
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Littlisk » Mon May 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Mint flavored aye? My head keeps saying cinnamon for some reason...
"It takes the smartest people to admit theres always more to learn"

- Not a Know-it-All
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: United States of America
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue May 17, 2011 12:27 am

I dunno why, but I have an odd feeling Bleedman uses Saladmaster kitchen knives at home...
http://www.saladmaster.info/Cutlery.jpg
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:13 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby grimfan620 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 am

Wanna know something funny? I just went through the comics again all the way and realized that when Jr first sees Mimi as red demonness he calls her hot. Lol. Also I just realized Minnie might just remember mimi as the girl who kidnapped her for Him and then tried to help Him when her and the angel were leaving till Jeff stopped her, it never really says if Jr told Minnie what happened when she left, so that could lead to a heck of a fight. Also, I just realized that Minnie and Jeff are cousins three times removed so she might be kinda pissed at Him too. I think I'm just punch drunk from not sleeping but does anyone agree with any of my theries? Also, I think, (on a less relevant note) Billy will not turn out to be jrs dad because to add to the weird factor of there relationship Minnie and Jr won't only be brother and sister but second cousins too.. awkward.. (Sorry if I'm a little late commenting or being too irrelvrent but I've been awake for three days now x3 so I'm a little nutty.
offline
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Imosa » Tue May 17, 2011 6:54 am

grimfan620 wrote:Wanna know something funny? I just went through the comics again all the way and realized that when Jr first sees Mimi as red demonness he calls her hot. Lol. Also I just realized Minnie might just remember mimi as the girl who kidnapped her for Him and then tried to help Him when her and the angel were leaving till Jeff stopped her, it never really says if Jr told Minnie what happened when she left, so that could lead to a heck of a fight. Also, I just realized that Minnie and Jeff are cousins three times removed so she might be kinda pissed at Him too. I think I'm just punch drunk from not sleeping but does anyone agree with any of my theries? Also, I think, (on a less relevant note) Billy will not turn out to be jrs dad because to add to the weird factor of there relationship Minnie and Jr won't only be brother and sister but second cousins too.. awkward.. (Sorry if I'm a little late commenting or being too irrelvrent but I've been awake for three days now x3 so I'm a little nutty.

I interpreted him caller her hot as awkwardly saying "Is it getting hot hot in here or is it just me? Oh no it is getting hot in here because there is a demon exploding over there" I dunno I don't feel like Junior would have his mind on women. I could be wrong.
Does Minnie remember Mimi. Well, while she was being her lustful and angry self, Him said that he didn't have any kind of spell on her, just releasing her feelings (and probably suppressing others) so I feel like she would be of sound mind... just crazy... ya I could see her remembering. One of the annoying things about the time skip is we really don't know what happened in it. Or even how long it was. I'd really like to know how much Junior told Minni and his parents.
Minnie and Jeff are not related because Mandy is not related to Billy. It would be hilarious if Minnie and Junior were related twice and we had double incest.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Did... did she just summon giant shanks from the ground? Damn.

And this is the second time I've seen someone use dental floss as a weapon. Seriously, in the right hands ANYTHING can be a weapon.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby DJ4U » Tue May 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Think about it, the truth is it was most likely a believable power sense she appears to make objects out of thin air at will to beat the hell out of things. just putting it out there
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Omniczar » Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm

DJ4U wrote:Think about it, the truth is it was most likely a believable power sense she appears to make objects out of thin air at will to beat the hell out of things. just putting it out there

No comment. I know, it is suprising.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Alopunk » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

LIKE A BOSS. Nuff said.
Lord Soth: ^ That one does have a fascination in making people more sparkly.
Sable: And here I thought the sparkles you added to everything was cocaine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not much of a punk.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be.
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Omniczar » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

. . . Alright then.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Xi-1 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 pm

I am fascinated by the fact that Mimi's kitchen knives impaled and possibly neutralized a division of skeletal warriors, and yet they did not have any magical or spiritual aura. Is it possible the skels are not down for the count?

Whether or not Pain is fast enough to avoid being tenderized does not change the advantage Mimi has with her prehensile tail. I doubt Junior or Minnie see it either, although they may have to move in support of Pain to try to stop Mimi. That is, once Junior accepts there's going to be a fight.

I want to play Prototype, but I don't have it. That suit reminds me of Venom.

EDIT: Dental floss is also strong enough to be used in place of a chain on a chain-weapon. Maybe Mimi plans on using it so she can go wild with the tenderizer and still recover it.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby Omniczar » Wed May 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Not all magic spells need magic auras. And if they don't they can't be noticed until it's too late; which is a real help to the caster.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 pm
Location: Beyond a Mortal's reach...
Gender: None specified

Re: Sharp Reflexes

Postby grimfan620 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Imosa wrote:
grimfan620 wrote:Wanna know something funny? I just went through the comics again all the way and realized that when Jr first sees Mimi as red demonness he calls her hot. Lol. Also I just realized Minnie might just remember mimi as the girl who kidnapped her for Him and then tried to help Him when her and the angel were leaving till Jeff stopped her, it never really says if Jr told Minnie what happened when she left, so that could lead to a heck of a fight. Also, I just realized that Minnie and Jeff are cousins three times removed so she might be kinda pissed at Him too. I think I'm just punch drunk from not sleeping but does anyone agree with any of my theries? Also, I think, (on a less relevant note) Billy will not turn out to be jrs dad because to add to the weird factor of there relationship Minnie and Jr won't only be brother and sister but second cousins too.. awkward.. (Sorry if I'm a little late commenting or being too irrelvrent but I've been awake for three days now x3 so I'm a little nutty.

I interpreted him caller her hot as awkwardly saying "Is it getting hot hot in here or is it just me? Oh no it is getting hot in here because there is a demon exploding over there" I dunno I don't feel like Junior would have his mind on women. I could be wrong.
Does Minnie remember Mimi. Well, while she was being her lustful and angry self, Him said that he didn't have any kind of spell on her, just releasing her feelings (and probably suppressing others) so I feel like she would be of sound mind... just crazy... ya I could see her remembering. One of the annoying things about the time skip is we really don't know what happened in it. Or even how long it was. I'd really like to know how much Junior told Minni and his parents.
Minnie and Jeff are not related because Mandy is not related to Billy. It would be hilarious if Minnie and Junior were related twice and we had double incest.

Yup I agree with a lot of what you said and yes that "Is it getting hot in hers" panel but right after he thinks that he seems to be looking at her and repts the word hot. Also I know Billy and Mandy are not related, I was talking about her dad nergal Jr, he is billys cousin. I agree with a lot of that thou haha. Also this is random but I love your aviator nerdgal demon heart thingy.
offline
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests