The Doctor Who Thread

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Doctor Who Thread

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Hahaha, I like it.

Oh god, I've found a challenger for Slender Rave:

WORK IT, BABY.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Tuor » Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 am

Why does Rose get knocked out/locked in rooms so much?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Tue May 03, 2011 5:01 am

I feel bad for Rose's mom :(
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 03, 2011 11:39 am

Rose's mum deserves a medal for putting up with all that shit.

And why Rose? Probably because she's a companion, and also, just bad luck.
It does happen a lot though, now that I think about it.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Tue May 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Ya, I wasn't questioning why it was Rose that got captured or whatever, just why it happened so much. I watched the first 4 episodes last night. It happens to her twice.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Wed May 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Yeah, you'll find it happens quite a lot to the companions. Not just Rose, but quite a few others have that happen to them as well.

On another note: http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-doctors-wife-previewed-18230.htm <<<Sneak peek but no major spoilers, this is all officially released information.

This has really caught my interest. This is supposedly going to be the episode after the next one, which is 'The Curse of the Black Spot' (hurr hurr, Oh god Pirates of the Carribean references!).

But 'The Doctor's Wife'...that really intrigues me.
The way they've described it...   a telepathic distress signal from a 'good Time Lord'? Outside of the universe in a 'bubble' universe? It makes me think of Romana in the pocket universe, Espace. As far as canon goes, we never got to find out what happened to her after she stayed in Espace - no mention of what actually happened to her during the Last Great Time War, whether she stayed in Espace and survived, or whether she died or what. Out of everyone it could be, she is actually the most likely candidate. Which scares me a little :x

Also the writer for 'The Doctor's Wife', Neil Gaiman, has said that the woman the Doctor meets there could be "somebody who may turn out to be an old aquaintance of the Doctor's with a new face".   

o____o
Hmmm...!

Some people are speculating that it could be River Song, but to be honest I don't think that sounds right. I can see how people would jump to that conclusion though, due to the episode title. It's possible...but if it does turn out to be River, I'm going to crawl into a hole and cry.

Although, maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a sort of 'The Next Doctor' vibe from 'The Doctor's Wife' episode...I have a feeling that not everything is going to be as it seems with that future episode. That's what I'm thinking, anyway.

But it is very interesting. I wonder what the twist to that episode is going to be.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Thu May 05, 2011 3:42 am

Hey, Doc.

Do you have a website where I could watch the rest of the first season?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 am

Doctor Who Classics The Seventh Doctor #4

I'll try to find the rest if you folks are interested.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Thu May 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Tuor wrote:Hey, Doc.

Do you have a website where I could watch the rest of the first season?

Try this.

That website has links to almost all the episodes from series 1-6.

EDIT:
The quality of the video uploads on there varies, but it's still watchable. I've watched quite a few of the episodes using that website, so it should be okay.
If you have any problems with any of the links, let me know and I'll try to find that episode somewhere else.

And thank you Hiryu <3 If you could find the rest, that would be brilliant.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Thu May 05, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Lady

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh no!
More old stuff!

Must. Get. Away! Time. Killing me!
Memento mori

Postby Tuor » Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks, Doc! <3
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Well, I found this torrent. According to the info on it I'm not sure if it's all the issues, but it says that the one I gave earlier is just a recolour from the ones published by Marvel. So enjoy.
http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/1626219/39985119/
This torrent is a hodgepodge of various Doctor Who comic books. It stems from a request made in the forums.

First off is the US Marvel Comics "Doctor Who" series that ran 23 issues from 1984-1986. Also included in the file is "Marvel Premiere" #s 57-60 that served as a testing ground for the series and preceded it by a few months.

Next is issues 1-10 of the ongoing IDW "Doctor Who Classics" series that started in 2007. This series (thus far) reprints the same stories that can be found in the Marvel books but the art has been re-colored.

The final regular series is the new 2008 IDW "Doctor Who" series that showcases the adventures of the 10th Doctor and Martha Jones. Issues 1-6 are included. I think that these will be the only issues of the series and that it will be replaced by a series of minis (could be wrong though).

As a bonus feature (I love bonus features!) I have included "Powerman And Iron Fist #79" and "The Avengers Annual #02". These two stories feature a character that goes by the name of Professor Justin Alphonse Gamble of the Time Variance Authority and a group of antagonists called the Dredlox who roll around threatening to "Incinerate!" everyone. Not quite Doctor Who per-say but definitely inspired by the Time Lord. A second bonus feature is a portion of MAD Magazine (UK) #161 entitled "Doctor Ooh".
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 am

Rose, I know what you're thinking. Don't do it, you're dumb.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 am

Ugh Rose, worst companion in my opinion
Signature Under Construction

Postby Tuor » Fri May 06, 2011 3:08 am

Ya, I'm thinking she's pretty dumb and I'm only 6 episodes in.

It's encouraging to know they get better from here though.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Archrival » Fri May 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Donna is dumber, Martha is cleverest, Amy/Rory are middle ground while River stands on her own.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Unlimited » Sat May 07, 2011 5:35 pm

The "Curse of the Black Spot" has to be the worst Doctor Who episode I have ever seen.

Of all time.

I hope the Weeping Angels return for a scare.
They are just that okay.
Memento mori

Postby Doctress Who » Sat May 07, 2011 6:25 pm

How so, Unlimited?
I thought it was okay. Not the best episode I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst.

@Hiryu: Thank you for the torrent link, btw. 8D
Time Lady

Postby Unlimited » Sat May 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Doctress Who wrote:How so, Unlimited?
I thought it was okay. Not the best episode I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst.

The entire episode had that "meh" feel. It was also plain at best.

And    the Siren turned out to be a virtual doctor?! (Plus mute) Come on, that sucked!   
Memento mori

Postby Kkeellaacc » Sat May 07, 2011 7:19 pm

I thought it was clever, definitely not the worst episode, and I'm sure I won't skip it on future series watchthroughs, but I like how even though it's self contained it still has seasonal arc elements in it
Signature Under Construction

Postby Doctress Who » Sat May 07, 2011 7:32 pm

I've got to say, I agree with Calek.

I thought the concept was very interesting.    Yes, the fact that she turned out to be a doctor took away a lot of the fear factor, but to be honest, even at the point when we knew what she was, she was still pretty terrifying.

Just look at the fucking way she reacted to the Doctor's tissue. Fucking lethal.   

And Rory...oh god, I loved Rory in this episode.
Also RORY ON DRUGS = INSTANT WIN.

Also, at the end,    I fucking cried when it looked like Rory was going to die. Considering how many times they've done the 'oh shit they're dead' thing, they timed it so well, I was honestly on the edge of my seat wondering if he'd make it or not.   

In fact, on the whole, Rory made this episode worth while.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm

I'll be watching Episode 7 of Season 1 tonight, hopefully Rose doesn't either a)get knocked out/shut in a room or b)do something stupid
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Archrival » Sun May 08, 2011 5:57 am

Did everyone spot    The woman with the cyber eyepatch this time?   
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:10 am

Aye,    who   ever the heck    she is.   
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter