[INDEX] Tutorials, Contests, Requests and Crits

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: [INDEX] Tutorials, Contests, Requests and Crits

Postby Frostmork » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm

I got one question on that, are we talking photoshop or flash or...?

Postby BlackGargie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:26 am

I may be a little ambitious, but I was thinking of having my comics listed up there just like how Bleedman and everyone else have their comics like PPGD, Ever After, Naruto, Grim and Soul Frontier did. How would I get to have my comics posted there?

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 am

In a nutshell, get Dave to like you. He's the one who administrates the site and decide what comics get put there. Email him your stuff and see what he thinks about it.

But yeah, you're right, it is ambitious. I'm sure Dave gets a lot of comics sent to him, begging for a spot.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby BlackGargie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:38 am

Vegedus wrote:In a nutshell, get Dave to like you. He's the one who administrates the site and decide what comics get put there. Email him your stuff and see what he thinks about it.

But yeah, you're right, it is ambitious. I'm sure Dave gets a lot of comics sent to him, begging for a spot.

Any chance I could get his email. I can't seem to locate it anywhere

Postby Vegedus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 am

Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

photoshop

Postby josefina » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:54 am

How do you make text in photoshop look written on your skin? Similar to a tattoo but like on a face.

Re: photoshop

Postby Deena » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:20 am

http://psdtuts.com/photo-effects-tutori ... ic-tattoo/

Also, this sort of thing should probably be posted in the Index thread rather than in its own thread.

Postby Acktoo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:21 am

Merged thread.
Too good for you.

Postby Zelosse » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm not looking for anything really special. Just a good picture of the 'awesome smiley' with a poofy chef's hat.
references to the smiley can be found Here.

Webcomic question

Postby futurecreature » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 pm

I am working on a web comic and I was wondering are there any coloring tutorials or lineart tutorials
for gimp. because I want to know how bleedman gets those crisp , clean lines

P.S. I know he uses photoshop but I only have gimp

Re: Webcomic question

Postby Riz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:05 pm

just google it.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby futurecreature » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:08 pm

I have googled and sadly non give tips on pen pressure

Postby Riz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:10 pm

then google "pen pressure gimp"

it was even a suggestion when I typed it in google. you'll find something.

Postby futurecreature » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:19 pm

I maybe binging picky? but I have a bamboo fun and and I need to know what settings to have to get good lines sorry if it seems like Im trying to argue

Postby Riz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 pm

you should find out more about the equipment you use.

Postby futurecreature » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm

please help

this is the character I want to draw but I always have trouble

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... apture.jpg
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... flint2.jpg

one problem is how I draw the head and hair because I always feel Im not capturing the character very well
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab23 ... nthead.jpg

and I also have trouble with the bodys shape and Ive searched google and the tutorials for drawing a chibi
like flint is hard to find because the tutorials make the chibis too big or too small

Postby Garsna » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm

futurecreature wrote:please help

one problem is how I draw the head and hair because I always feel Im not capturing the character very well

and I also have trouble with the bodys shape and Ive searched google and the tutorials for drawing a chibi
like flint is hard to find because the tutorials make the chibis too big or too small

Basically....look at the head and body as a series of circles. I can probably come up with a little something to help show you what I mean if you want.

Postby futurecreature » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Garsna wrote:

Basically....look at the head and body as a series of circles. I can probably come up with a little something to help show you what I mean if you want.

yes that would be great, I'd appreciate it very much

Postby Garsna » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 pm

futurecreature wrote:
Garsna wrote:

yes that would be great, I'd appreciate it very much

Alright! I'll try to have it up within the next day or two. ^^

Postby Garsna » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Here ya go.

Since you said you were having trouble with the hair I showed a simple way too look at it. Since the character designers gave him spiked hair it's easier to think of it as a series of triangles. I drew the triangles in a purple pen to show ya.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll try to explain the best I can.

Postby Strike-art » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:50 am

Excuse me, I'm maybe new here, but I aim to have my fan-art up there officially on the site.

I've been working on this fan-art since September, so I have 30 pages of pre-made comics to spare ( I've only inked 5 though, and since I've started on the 3rd page instead of the first, I need to start on my first and second page)

If you like, I can tell you the plot of my fan-art.

"There is a realm far-far away. It's denizens terrorized by a man only known as the DARK LORD :devil: . Together with his corrupted army, the DARK LEGION; which by the way consist of the realm's warriors twisted by the DARK LORD's influence, his reign of terror seems endless o.O . Then one day, as he was sitting on his throne, he realized that to achieve his goal of total destruction of the realm, he needed generals to boost the immense power of the legion. However, all those peons seem utterly useless. He then decided to summon heroes from faraway universes and galaxies (e.g, Buttercup, The Mask, Jenny/XJ-9, Phineas and Ferb). He open a vortex to kidnap them and corrupt them under his influence. At first, he wanted to summon all of our heroes into one spot. However, someone interrupted the spell from afar, and the heroes start popping up in different places. Cause of this, he couldn't corrupt them all till the remaining heroes realize what they must do; defeat the DARK LORD, save their corrupted friends and get back home in one piece (sounds like alot of work to me :eek: )

:gun: :brickwall:

Do you like it? Well, to spice up this comic, I need a few request:
1) Need a good guy/gal with a huge amount of photoshoping experience, coz I don't.
2) Need additional ideas and plots (though the story is already set, I can change the script a bit if a good idea comes around. Script writers, this is the job for you ! :happy:)
3) Need all the support I can get, no-one likes being put down :'( (unless it's for improvement).
4) Does anyone know any more characters to add in? The following conditions is that they must come from either disney, C.N, or nickelodian ( great characters from other channels will be only for side-stories and comic relief), animation or 2.D cartoons can do, no real-life shows like Hannah Montana.

I would appreciate if you would quickly reply to my message. Thank you and pls take care of me.
"No matter how many times you smack me and bring me to the ground, I'll always have the strength and guts to get up and smack you back twice."

Strike-Art

Postby Tartaurus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:07 am

Garsna wrote:Image

Here ya go.

Since you said you were having trouble with the hair I showed a simple way too look at it. Since the character designers gave him spiked hair it's easier to think of it as a series of triangles. I drew the triangles in a purple pen to show ya.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll try to explain the best I can.

Flint the time detective! I used to love that show!

Location: Somewhere dark, I'm bound to what I think is a chair. I can still smell chloroform...

Postby Zera16XZ » Thu May 05, 2011 2:57 am

Yeah I can draw a bit -_- ALOT :D. ehh as a Drawer I think of myself from 1-10 maybe a 6-7 I'm going to
take art classes to perfect my Dream and while at it I'd like to invite people into my Dream So one last thingHow do I do it? I'm a bit confused on posting up and finalizing my work I have many
Hand drawn sketches and final drawings but I don't really know where to go from there please help
ZERA 16 XZ

Postby Belwicket » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:35 pm

I would like a couple characters drawn for my brother. He is working on a story with some of his friends and asked me to find him an artist. No, we cannot pay. Sorry. It will be 4 people at most in the picture, I will have to talk to him about that, and we would like it drawn in the style of JSRF. Please PM me if you would like to take a shot.
Last edited by Belwicket on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Notice that this thread is over a year old in reply. No one will likely respond to your request in public in this thread, being that it has been "dead" for a year. This is referred to as Thread Necromancy. Please do not practice it.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Seeking Artists For a Team Of Writers

Postby DisturbedLeader » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm currently seeking illustrators of both Manga and western art styles, because I have a few writers who have handed me scripts in need of artists.
If you need the samples of the scripts, here what I'm working with:

Page One (Four Panels)
Panel 1
The reconstructed streets of Washington DC, several stage-coaches pass before the Supreme Court Headquarters of Washington DC. The skies are partly clouded as the Victorian dressed individuals pass by the home of the US Supreme Court.
SFX: Clop-Clop-Clop
Panel 2
Three men sit at a table before President Grant and his Provost Marshal Jeremiah Rucker.
Grant a Caucasian man wears his typical Victorian dressed business suit he smokes a cigar before the three men. Jeremiah Rucker a black man stands on the left side of President Grant wearing a Union Blue Army officer dress. The three men wear common business suits for that day. The shortest man has a Z like scar on his right side of his face and seems to be Tex-Mexican. The taller Caucasian man has wind-burnt skin and shows a look of justice in his steel blue eyes and the final man built like a lumberjack from the Pacific NW is albino and has a white handlebar mustaches and pale blue eyes. He wears a red business suit displaying a badge of the new Canadian NW Mounted Police.
President Grant:
Thank you for attending this meeting, Gentlemen
Chris Hinrichsen AD-7: 1874 #0 page 2
President Grant:
Provost Marshal Rucker has spoken highly of you.

This script is in need of a western art style.

Same goes for this one:

Muddy River Space Invaders #1
“Modern Love”
Page 1
• We are looking down on a vulture flying over Muddy River. Caption: “Yesterday” 2. The vulture sees a dead rabbit. 3. The vulture lands near the rabbit. 4. While the vulture is eating, a beam of light engulfs him. 5. Only the dead rabbit remains.
Page 2
• JODIE is laying on her bed, sleeping. Caption: “That Night…” The radio plays “Ev-ry-bod-y wants to…” 2. Jodie is dreaming. She and Curtis are in a small room in the back of the bowling alley that kids use for birthday parties. Jodie is singing karaoke on a stage. In back of her in a sign reading “Happy Birthday” She is singing the same song that is on the radio. It is about five years ago. “… rule the world”. 3. Curtis is the only one watching Jodie’s performance. “Bravo! Bravo! Tears for Fears would be proud.” 4. Jodie, off the stage, and Curtis face each other. Curtis says “Um…hey…I didn’t really get you a birthday present so…here. I won this on the claw machine.” 5. Close-up of a large toy ring that Curtis gives Jodie.
Page 3
• Curtis’ face, smiling. 2. Curtis’ face, dissolving in a bright light. 3. Jodie wakes up. We see the toy ring on the dresser next to Jodie’s bed. 4. A bright light shines through Jodie’s window. 5. Jodie’s P.O.V.: Looking out the window, she sees three bright lights in the sky.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on

Previous

Return to Art