Who Are You?

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Who Are You?

Postby Yoshi » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:04 am

So, let's make this another "post your picture" thread! I'm always interested in seeing what people on the other side of the screen look like.

I'll start with me, because why not! So it goes here. Excuse the weird chin effect, it was taken at a funny angle while I was trying not to laugh.

Also excuse the general ugly, if you would.

For some info, I'm a 21 year old uni student studying Physics and IT. I work as a computer technician when I'm not at uni. I like to try and find time for friends, but unfortunately I don't as much time as I'd like. But I'd say I'm happy with my life at the moment, and I have a tonne of little hobbies to keep me amused, like drink-mixing, cooking, music and the like.

Anyway, what do you look like?
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Re: Who Are You?

Postby Grey » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:31 am

There is no general ugly in you, Yosh.
we already have a pictures thread in the spam forum, and it's pretty big now
i thought from the thread title it would be more about the forum-goers current situations in life sort of answering the "who are you" questions with a short "blah blah i'm 22 i go to college/whatever" and a picture.

so i shall do that:

i am 19 years old, i turn 20 in august, i left finished school a couple of months ago and am looking for work. i got a job interview at some stock trading banking thing next week, along with a couple other interviews. i try to be friendly and accommodating and if i say so myself i'm pretty good at charming complete strangers. i like to go out to raves on occasion but spend most of my free time hanging out with friends, getting stoned in the sun and crackin jokes. if the sun's out that is. if not, there's never any shortage of things to do in London.
Also, I was recently on television in the UK (view here) and the USA, taking part in a documentary. I go by the name of Robert in the documentaries.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Yoshi » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:43 am

Always full of great ideas Grey. I've amended my first post with some info and I'm actually watching that documentary now. Documentaries are fun!
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Mathias » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:42 am

I, on the other hand, take horrible photos. So unless someone demands one, I will renege on my right to post it. But I will say that I am 26 and that I am studying creative writing at Central Michigan Univ. and that I am a president of a writing club on campus.

Postby Kris » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:15 am

This is the most recent photo of me. Actually, it's really recent; I took it last weekend.

I'm 27 (UG), a UNT grad with a BA in Theatre and an English minor. I write for ComicAttack.net and edit/proof the posts of our 20+ writers. I write manga and anime reviews, with the occasional comic book review. I work from home, and the site keeps me pretty busy. As does housework and taking care of my ferret, Pippin. Aside from devouring manga, I also enjoy playing video games and reading novels. Currently I'm reading Glen Cook's The Black Company series (I'm on book...four). I'm also involved with a weekly D&D gaming group. Currently I am playing...Final Fantasy XIII, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Lord of the Rings Online, and some random stuff here and there. Um, that's about all I can think of to share. :)
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Mathias » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 am

Nice Totoro plush.

Postby Mr. Froggy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:26 pm

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/49150_100001598564689_6964_n.jpg

I'm 25 years old, I'm currently in the Navy (accelerate your life) and I work as an air-framer. I work on everything in a plane/jet except on the engines and electronics. I don't have a lot of friends despite my efforts, so I'm usually doing stuff alone. I mostly just go on the interwebs and read comics; I'm trying to get a D&D group together and I'm also looking for people to play Magic the Gathering with, no luck. Despite my crushing loneliness, I'm pretty happy about my lot in life and I'm always looking for adventure and friends. My future plans are to move permanently to WA and go to university here, when I get out of the Navy that is.
Last edited by Mr. Froggy on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An honest man is one who knows that he can't consume more than he has produced"
Ayn Rand -Atlas Shrugged-

Postby Malumultimus » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm 45 years old and I have two kids but I haven't seen them since they were babies. I always thought I'd be a pilot or engineer when I was a kid, but I ended up joining the military, and while I sustained permanent damage to most of my body, my wife died during labor. I was able to survive thanks to the wonders of modern technology, but I was still unfit to raise my children -- they were taken in by people my wife would have trusted. Since then, I've had a heavy hand in politics and have been doing my part to steer our government in the right direction, but every day I wonder if my children are still out there...and would they want to meet me? I want to meet them, for sure, so any advice is welcome.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/9467/chrisum.jpg
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby zepherin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Awesome vador reference.

I'm 29 finishing my MBA this month (2 weeks and I'm done). I work as a construction supervisor for a GSA contractor. I always though I would go into computers when I left high school, and I worked retail for a bit before I went to college. I did the Van Wilder plan of 6 years for a 4 year degree in Social Science, turns out that while I like tech stuff alright, programing is terrible so a Computer Science degree wasn't for me. During that period I did another 6 months of retail for a grand total of a year of shit work. I did 2.5 years of admin work for a seafood wholesaler which was kind of a fun job, but it didn't pay well. When I got my undergrad I did a year and a half of work as a property inspector for foreclosed houses. I currently live in Alexandria Va in a bitching apartment with a good view.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Mr. Froggy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 pm

I wasn't aware that Alexandria was the murder capital of the world.

Postby zepherin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Mr. Froggy wrote:I wasn't aware that Alexandria was the murder capital of the world.

DC was for a while and Alexandria is a DC suburb...although it is rich and white and low crime where I live.

But

"The number of homicides in Washington peaked in 1991 at 479,[2] and the city eventually became known as the "murder capital" of the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Vegedus » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:46 am

21 years old, studying for civil engineer in IT & Communication technology. No real work experience in that field because... I dislike work. Overall geek, I go to my fair share of anime conventions (Imperial Guard in the foreground, me talking to marijuana hat friend in the back) and such, being interested in anime, video games, roleplaying, all the works. When I'm bored I get into sub-geek hobbies, the currently most prominent of which being actually designing roleplaying game systems.
I do also do my fair share of partying, this being the most recent pictures of me. Not stoned, just drunk enough that I do not remember these events.

Mr. Froggy wrote:I'm trying to get a D&D group together and I'm also looking for people to play Magic the Gathering with, no luck.

I can relate. I only play 2-3 times a year when my old group of geek friends get together for conventions, and assembling a new group has been an uphill battling. Except that it's not a DnD I'm looking for, since I'm adamant that DnD is one of the worst RPGs out there, followed closely by every other system people have actually heard of (WoD, Gurps, etc...). I've yet to find anyone to indulge me in this flamewar. Instead, I'm litterally in love with Wushu, thinking about it every day.
Mathias wrote:26

Holy fuck, you're old. I have you on facebook and hadn't even noticed that.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mathias » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 am

Yup, I'm a geezer. Time flies and I haven't matured into my age, yet.

Postby Grey » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 am

veg, i dunno if you realise but your picture linked to the word "this" goes back to that one with the imperial guard

kris looks like my cousin. how tall are you kris?
am i taller than you?
Suave Brit

Postby Kris » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:44 am

Grey wrote:
kris looks like my cousin. how tall are you kris?
am i taller than you?

Depends. How tall are you? I'm 5"10'.
Kris: that's Han Solo
Nix: That guys always smoking foo's
Nix: He be all "Nigga Vada please!"

Darkstar Studios
----------------------------------------------
Wildcard: Kris is the most beautiful man alive
Kris: aww, thanks Wayne

Postby Grey » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:49 am

yeah i'm taller

my cousin cathy in california looks a lot like you but she's like obscenely tall
and married some really short mexican

the big family photo from the wedding is like -----------------¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ with my side of the family on the right
Suave Brit

Postby Vegedus » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Grey wrote:veg, i dunno if you realise but your picture linked to the word "this" goes back to that one with the imperial guard

Goddammit, I even double checked it. It's the most handsome of me too. Fix'd now.

Postby Mathias » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Vegedus wrote:
Grey wrote:veg, i dunno if you realise but your picture linked to the word "this" goes back to that one with the imperial guard

Goddammit, I even double checked it. It's the most handsome of me too. Fix'd now.

You look like Frankenstein's monster in that photo.

Postby Vegedus » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:19 pm

I can see where you're coming from. The hair even exasperates the effect.

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:37 pm

so ya this thread was a huge success guys good job
Suave Brit

Postby octodexy » Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 am

That was me... like two months ago? No, earlier than that. Anyway. Me.

I'm twenty-five years old. I work with the foster children of the state of Nevada. I'm currently enrolled in school to get my BA in Social Work. I am the eldest of three, and will probably be taking in my youngest sibling to beat the ornery out of her. I am my mother's favorite. I own a dog, he is like my child. I spend obscene amounts of money on his happiness.
Motherfucker, I used to be somebody.

Postby zepherin » Wed May 04, 2011 1:56 am

Spooky has a monopoly on ornery in her house.

Postby Archrival » Wed May 04, 2011 4:51 am

Grey wrote:Also, I was recently on television in the UK (view here) and the USA, taking part in a documentary. I go by the name of Robert in the documentaries.

Oh shit, why did I not spot that, I watched every one of those shows.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Grey » Wed May 04, 2011 6:51 am

spooky if life ever goes completely down the shitter for me i'm just gonna hope over to nevada and let you look after me

i do need looking after, i haven't eaten in like a day
Suave Brit

Postby octodexy » Wed May 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Grey wrote:spooky if life ever goes completely down the shitter for me i'm just gonna hope over to nevada and let you look after me

i do need looking after, i haven't eaten in like a day

<33 I will smother you in as close to love as I can manage. I will also make you too much food. I am like a Jewish mother, except, not Jewish.
Motherfucker, I used to be somebody.

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion