The Doctor Who Thread

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Doctor Who Thread

Postby Archrival » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:51 am

Hana wrote:Who's your favourite Doctor, and why?
Ten.

You never forget your first Doctor.

Actually you can, my first was 9 but I love 10 more because the craftsmenship of his acting.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:58 am

Aw, how could you forget good old nine? :P

Just thought I'd post this.
Oh tumblr you~

Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:00 am

Doctress Who wrote:Aw, how could you forget good old nine? :P

Just thought I'd post this.
Oh tumblr you~

Easily when he left after only a singular series, I remember him more for 28 Days later than Dr. Who. Lol least someone attended the wedding :P.

Saturday edit: Ok so the second part to the America story is today, any predictions? Any thoughts? Any wishes?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Just watch Day of The Moon:

WHAT. THE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK??

I CAN'T EVEN---

She regenerated? The girl's a Time Lady? Fuck, I didn't see that coming.   
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Just watch Day of The Moon:

WHAT. THE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK??

I CAN'T EVEN---

She regenerated? The girl's a Time Lady? Fuck, I didn't see that coming.   

I fucking didn't either!!!!!

Oh wait.....shit me!!.....I know how the series will continue!!    She will take over the Doctors legacy after she kills him in the suit!   
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Unlimited » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:13 pm

That image can't be real, can it?
Memento mori

Postby nicomon » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Unlimited wrote:That image can't be real, can it?

I suppose Tennant could have attended the wedding dressed up as the Doctor.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:33 pm

I did not like that episode.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Kkeellaacc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:49 pm

I liked the episode, only bad thing I can say about it is that we maybe got one or two answers, then eleven thousand more questions. I personally won't critically judge the episodes until the entire season is over, as I believe that one episode isn't just one story. The Silents aren't gone, we're obviously gonna see them again, and once the season is over and we have a clear picture of what happened, that's when I feel I can safely judge on how well a story was done.
Signature Under Construction

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 pm

The doctor's plan normally has more style. This one seemed too...lucky.

If it wasn't for that wounded Silent's choice of words, then what? I dunno, it seemed to have pushed the limits of disbelief.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Kkeellaacc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:57 pm

It was definitely one of those famous corners writers tend to get themselves in, but honestly it's just something you have to do. Have it where the main character gets lucky and just run with it, despite how it makes you feel as a writer.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm

I guess. Anyway, I'm guessing    the girl is definately Amy's daughter and maybe, in the future, River.   
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby goggy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Archrival wrote:
goggy wrote:I hate River Song. :[

I can't wait for next week.

River is my absolute fav in terms of who she actually is, I mean her backstory is so touching compared to any other companion. I know there are better characters in terms of personality such as Sarah Jane or Donna/Rose/Martha but in terms of what the character is about you can't top River. She is like a backwards Doctor, I mean she knows every little detail about him to the point of being a Doctor in her own right but sadly it ends for her just as we meet her and by the time we actually find out who she is she knows nothing of who the Doctor is.

Don't get me wrong; I think her story is very interesting. I just don't like her personality. :/
Awake but Confused

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm watching and I'm very confused.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm

What the hell is this space suit?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Tuor wrote:I'm watching and I'm very confused.
Yeah, reading what you've said in spam, I can understand that.

It's the second part of a two-parter episode.
It will make a lot more sense if you watch this episode first, since this is the first half of the story.

Or, if for whatever reason you can't watch that episode first, I can give a quick recap?
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:32 pm

How come you're talking like you've seen this episode? It says it's a new one :unsure:
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 pm

It is a new one. I watched it about....7 hours ago?
Don't forget, different timezones. It was broadcast in the UK at 6pm GMT.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Ah, I would have thought they'd show it at the same time.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:37 pm

But ya, a recap would be stellar.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Plus some of us have other ways of watching it before it reaches our time zone

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Tuor wrote:But ya, a recap would be stellar.

Riiiight, let's see if I can explain this...

Basically...you know what, screw it, I can't explain it very well, so I'm going to give you the synopsis from wikipedia (Spoilered for the sake of the people who haven't watched the episode yet and don't want to know the plot):
Wikipedia wrote:   After a two-month break from their travels with the Doctor (Matt Smith), Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) and husband Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) receive a "TARDIS blue"-coloured envelope providing a time, date and set of coordinates leading them to Utah. They arrive to meet River Song (Alex Kingston), who also received an envelope, and the Doctor, now 1,103 years old, nearly 200 years older from when he last saw them. He takes them to a picnic at a nearby lake, telling them he is taking them on a trip to "Space 1969". Amy catches a glimpse of a mysterious figure from a distance, but appears to immedietely forget about it after she looks away. Later, a figure in a space suit emerges from the lake; the Doctor approaches it but warns his companions not to interfere. His companions are horrified to witness the astronaut killing him before he can fully regenerate. The three are met by Canton Everett Delaware III (William Morgan Sheppard) who also received an envelope and was intructed to bring a can of fuel to give the Doctor a water-bourne Viking-style funeral.

Regrouping at a diner, Amy, Rory and River dicuss the sender of the envelopes when they are shocked to see the Doctor walking in, 200 years younger again. He reveals he too was given an envelope, but does not know who sent it to him. Reluctently his companions decide not to tell the Doctor about his death and that it was his future self who sent the envelopes. The four do a search on Delaware and "Space 1969." The TARDIS ends up cloaked in the Oval Office, where President Richard Nixon (Stuart Milligan) converses with a younger Delaware (Mark Sheppard) about a series of phone calls he received from a young girl asking for help. The Doctor quickly gains Delaware's trust, convincing Nixon to give him a few minutes to locate the girl.

While the Doctor works, Amy sees the mysterious figure again, and excuses herself to the restroom. There, the figure, a member of a species known as the Silence, waits for her and destroys an innocent woman despite Amy's pleas. Realising the alien is wiping her memory of their encounter, Amy takes a picture of it. When she leaves however, she yet again forgets the encounter. By then the Doctor finds the girl's location, a building near Cape Canaveral, Florida at the intersection to streets named Jefferson, Adams, and Hamilton. The Doctor and his companions leave in the TARDIS, followed closely by a curious Delaware.

Upon arrival, they find pieces of a space suit and alien technology. River and Rory explore a vast network of tunnels that have apparently spread across the planet for centuries, unnoticed by the human population. The two find a control room with a similar design to one seen in "The Lodger" but are unaware they are surrounded by the Silence. Meanwhile, Delaware hears the screaming girl and gives chase. As Amy and the Doctor follow, Amy tells him she is pregnant. When they find Delaware unconscious an astronaut appears. Without thinking Amy picks up Delaware's gun and shoots at the suit. However, she realises too late that the visor opened to reveal the girl.   

Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 pm

ok…
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kkeellaacc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Should probably watch previous seasons first

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Me, maybe. We'll see.

Amy is cute.
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter