Hunter X Hunter RP IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Hunter X Hunter RP IC

Postby Geomancer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Monstrous animals, rare species...
Buried riches, hidden treasures...
Worlds of demons, unexplored lands...
The wore "unknown" seems magic...
And some men are attracted by this force...
They are called "Hunters"!

The world is not what most people see. There is a deeper world, some of it steeped in shadow, some of it brilliant with light. The people who explore, and survive, this world are known as hunters. These people are skilled beyond measure and even seem to wield some kind of supernatural force. Each is ready to die for their goal, for death is a constant danger in many hunter's lives. Some enter the world of the hunter for money, others for a specific goal. Some seek to simply explore the endless world that is beyond the reach of most people. However, few people are actually fit to be hunters. Most of them fail to even find the starting line. Many more die, quit, or fail during the brutal test that is taken to become a hunter. The ones that are left are the cream of the crop, the elite. You are one of these elite. You have successfully passed the test and have just received your hunter's license. However, the inkling feeling that the world beyond is still out of your reach filled your minds. Eventually, you found out about the force called 'Nen'. You have developed your own techniques and now are ready to venture out into the world. It is your time to stand on your own two feet and make a name for yourself!

Username: Accepted
Password: Accepted
Hunter Number: Accepted

Hunter information database accessed:

Current Events of Interest:

Bounty: A hunter known as Tomeru D. Lucca has been attacking high profile hunter and collecting their heads. He is a two-star rank hunter. Be wary if you cross his path, especially if you are a hunter. He is known for carrying a large, black sword and wearing plate armor. Several parties have offered a reward for his capture/death.

Tomeru D. Lucca has been a hunter for several years. He only takes jobs that involve killing someone. His physical strength is exceptional, as is his endurance.

Bounty: A group known as the Arcana has caused trouble for several officials. A reward has been offered for each group member. The reward is doubled if they are brought back alive.

Each group member is identified by a code name. There are an unknown number of them, as they lose and gain group members quickly. It usually holds at around 14. They often work together, although some prefer to work independently. This information has been gathered by a hunter using a specific ability; attempts at gathering information from the group members has been futile. There has never been a hunter among them but they have all demonstrated the ability to use nen and hatsu.

Exploration: A hunter has recently found a lost city. Groups sent in have not returned. Niccolo Gillan, a collector of ancient items, has offered a reward for any relics found in the city.

Hunt: A rare beast known as a melog has been spotted near Whirlpool city. A reward has been offered for a safe capture.

Bodyguard: A business man has has received a threat that he will be killed soon after he completes a merger. Protect him at any cost.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Hunter X Hunter RP IC

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Darastrix looked over the available requests on the laptop he had stolen from some poor wretch down on the street below. He was now on top of a building in some city he had not cared to learn the name of (OOC - if someone else wants to come up with a name for the city be my guest). The fellow he had robbed had vehemently objected to Darastix's thievery (who wouldn't?), and even went so far as to chase after Darastrix as he used his Hatsu to climb the nearest building. The man had not taken the same route as Darastrix of course. Darastrix guessed he was taking the stairs at the moment. Darastrix had taken a moment to clear his head after using the Dragon Cloak. He had only materialized the arms and legs to climb the building, yet even that had clouded his mind slightly, slowly filling him with a beserker rage he had no control of. He had then logged into the Hunter database and checked the missions. He looked closely at the one pertaining to the group known as Arcana. It was entirely possible that they were harboring, or at least knew the whereabouts, one or more of the shaman from his own clan, the Bahamuti. (OOC - Which shall be the name of his clan now XD) He would accept this particular mission. He doubted that he would receive the "bring back alive" bonus, but he did not care for money. All he cared about was finishing off his clan, and preventing the rebirth of the Great Dragon. As long as the lead shaman had the Great Dragon's crystallized soul they could still revive it. Darastrix would not allow it.

Just thinking about his clan made him clench his fists in rage, and narrow his blood red eyes. He would have his revenge, nobody used him. Nobody. Suddenly a door leading to a staircase burst open, and the man he had robbed ran up the stairs. The man doubled over panting. Once he had regained his breath, he looked at Darastrix and yelled "Gimme back my laptop you creep!" Darastrix shut the laptop and smirked at the man. His determination and lack of fear in the face of lethal danger was impressive. His rage evaporated just like that. Perhaps there was hope for the future after all. "Forgive me, I just needed to borrow it for a moment. Here, have it back." he explained, throwing the computer to the flustered man. The man looked at Darastrix, shock evident on his face. "Um...thanks. You could have just asked y'know." the man said. Darastrix laughed. "Yes I suppose I could have." Darastrix chuckled. "So long." Darastrix exclaimed before leaping off the building.

He was falling close to the side of the building. He focused his Nen, letting the familiar feeling of the Cloak emerge around his arms. To those who could see Nen, the rapidly descending man in black scale armor would have a purple cloudy substance forming around his arms. It then solidified into a draconic claw. Darastrix reared the arm back, then shoved the claws into the side of the building, slowing his descent, breaking windows, and scarring steel. His fall halted about 12 feet from the ground. He dropped the rest of the way, focusing his Nen into and around his legs and feet to soften the fall. He looked around, glad only a few people had seen his escapade. He wondered where he should begin his search.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Geomancer » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 am

Soon after leaving, another bounty popped up on the list:

Wanted: Darastrix Navnik for wanton destruction
Reward: Minor
Rules: Take back alive

Darastrix might notice this when he consulted the computer to find out where one of the Arcana had been last seen. They hadn't been identified by their appearance but rather by the card left after destroying a rather large and valuable statue that was enroute to a distinguished businessman. The reason is unknown. However, the head was taken, rather than destroyed, for some reason. That might be a way to locate them. When the hunter arrived, he ran into something unexpected: a man carrying around a head of a statue. He was hitting it with a hammer and having very little luck. He had blue hair that was tied back in a ponytail, a white and orange tunic, a sword at his side, a necklace with a blue, yin half of the yin-yang symbol, and a companion. For some reason, he looked familiar.

The companion was a very tall, lanky man with brown, messy hair that should have blinded him. He was wearing a green robe with yellow and red trim in addition to sandles and had a asian-looking sword with him. He was carrying it instead of wearing it for some reason. He was watching the other man with interest.
Last edited by Geomancer on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:51 pm

William lent back in his chair as the computer began to load up, sitting over in a quiet corner of the internet cafe staying out of sight... typically it wasn’t a good idea to let people notice you were a hunter for many reasons, one of which being the card which thieves often tried to steal... he had actually almost lost it once to a little kid who had ran into him in the street, that wasn’t a trick he would fall for again.

Finally the page loaded though giving him access to a variety of missions set up by the hunter association. He realised he would have to make his own contacts before he could get the best missions directly from the customers so for the moment the hunter site would work. Seeing the advert about Tomeru worried him... he seriously doubted that he could take the man down at the moment and just memorised the description so he could avoid him..

He was tempted by the bounty hunting mission though after considering it for a bit he realised that they wouldn’t be likely to have his target... and with fourteen people in their group he might have trouble running into any women they had. The hunting and the guarding just seemed a bit boring... however exploring an ancient ruin to search for long lost treasures... that would be just perfect, he looked at the information concerning its location and Niccolo then logged out and set off to see them.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Geomancer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Getting directions to the mansion was very easy, though it took a few days to get there. When he arrived, William found himself at the bottom of a large hill. The hill was surrounded by a large, metal fence with spiked tips. It was crafted very well, however, and he didn't feel threatened by it for some reason. The fence had a gate at the base of the hill and in the middle of the gate was a symbol: a small seed. It was very plain and looked out of place. Next to the gate was an intercom. When William pressed it, a voice said "Are you here about the job?" After getting an affirmative the gate swung open and William was invited in. After entering, the gate snapped shut. At the top of the hill was an enormous mansion. Oddly, the road leading up to it was a simple, dirt path. As he climbed the hill, he noticed that there were side paths leading around the mansion. When he approached the door, he saw the seed again. This time, however, it was cracked open and a small, green stem had forced its way out. A voice said "Come in!"

When William entered the home, he found a rotund man with a shrewd look. He was wearing a green and blue pancho-thing and sandals. "Welcome, I am Niccolo Gillian. I assume you are here about the job?" Despite his rather eccentric appearance and girth, William had a feeling that Niccolo could handle himself in a fight.

GMancer

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Darastrix walked towards the duo with statue head, who had not yet noticed him it seemed. Apparently the head of an important statue had been stolen, and the members of Arcana had been responsible. Well here were two people with a statue head, what more evidence was needed? Still, Darastrix would not outright attack (the last time he had done that had cost him the mission). He would ask questions first. Now easily within earshot of the pair, Darastrix called out "Hey, you there with the statue. The calling card of the Arcana group was left with a statue that had its head removed, and lo and behold, you have a statue's head. I am not one to jump to conclusions (a blatant lie), but it would seem like you are the culprits, and therefore members of the Arcana."

Darastrix did not want to reveal that he was a hunter just yet (the fact seemed to make people nervous). His attire, however, was a bit of a give away. Not too many people wandered about in black scale armor. "Can you confirm all that I have said?" he asked. He felt the flow of his Nen change slightly, preparing to form the Dragon Cloak at his command. If these people were cultists, then it seemed quite likely that he would have to fight.

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:12 pm

~ Takai ~
~ Near Darastrix & the pair ~

Takai frowned softly from where she was leaning, just around the corner from the men Darastrix had found. The spot was carefully chosen after having taken wind direction and light sources into account so that neither scent nor shadows would give her away.

Aware as always, she analyzed the information that was presented to her. The clink of armor had been unmistakable, and although his approach was so straightforward as to be idiotic, some people would definitely admire the 'courage' that was behind it. As for her, she was quite certain that he was a hunter. She could only hope that he really was as doltish as he seemed so that she could convince him that he needed to leave and let her take the bounty. If not, then she hoped that at least he wouldn't waste too much of her time when it came time to fight.

This bounty had a bonus, and she would be damned if she was going to letting someone else take that bonus away.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Geomancer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm

The one with the hammer looked up briefly. "Arcana? Never heard of them. I just found this head on the side of the street. I think something is inside so I'm trying to open it up. So if you will excuse me." When Darastrix saw his face, he was sure he knew this person. The person obviously knew him as well, because a flicker of recognition appeared in his eyes before disappearing. He bent back over and continued hammering on the statue head. A bit of it fell of to reveal the tip of something square and metal. "I thought so..." He started on another part of the head, seemingly ignoring the hunter.

GMancer

Postby Draken30000 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:55 pm

This man.... Darastrix thought. I....know him! He was from his clan, the Jennu! (the name I have decided for the clan) He clenched his fist at the thought of his clan. He remembered this man from before the clan's betrayal....before his escape. He and his two near identical brothers had lived within the clan's village, and had had very little interaction with Darastrix as he had grown up. The one in front of him had even showed him some small kindness before. However, this was irrelevant. All of the clan members had known about him, what was in store for him. They all had to pay. All of them! Darastrix's left eye twitched slightly as his rage grew. To all Nen users in the area, a thick purple aura of Nen could be seen forming around Darastrix's arms and torso. The cloud was currently shapeless.

"You...." Darastrix hissed through clenched teeth. You are from my clan! I remember you and your brothers! he started yelling. His posture adopted a feral appearance, hunched over with his elbows pointed out slightly, and his hands bared like claws. The purple Nen cloud solidified along his arms, forming into draconic claws and arms. These arms encased his own. The cloud around his torso remained indistinct. Darastrix could feel his mind eroding as he let his anger form the Cloak. It took all the rapidly diminishing restraint he had to not outright attack the two men. "You have ten seconds to tell me where the members of my, no, our clan are hiding. You know full well what I can do. Darastrix growled. It was true, this man had seen him train in using the cloak. He did not remember his name, only that there had been a small uproar over his departure.
Last edited by Draken30000 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:07 pm

The man next to Darastrix's clan mate stepped forward. "My ability requires me to warn you that if you attack my protected in anger or unprovoked, my abilities will be at their maximum. Therefore, I suggest you stop. You have been warned." He moved to grab his sword but stopped as the man stood up. "Scias, this is family business. I know you won't like it but you need to stay out of this." He stretched and said "You know, Darastrix, you were the special one. You were the one everyone waited for. But, you know, some people weren't that patient." He grinned and tilted his head "You aren't the only one with a connection with the dragon. Now, step down before I have to hurt you."

GMancer

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:16 pm

~ Takai ~
~ Near Darastrix & the pair ~

Darastrix? That made Takai's eyebrow quirk and she leaned over to peek around the corner. Sure enough, the armor-wearing idiot looked just like the picture of Darastrix Navnik. The reward was minor, but...Hell, these two obviously weren't going to get her her paycheck anymore.

She slipped from her hiding spot, the wind tossing her hair behind her as she revealed herself. Her face was a mask of calm as she spoke to Darastrix's clanmate, although her ruby-colored eyes were for the other Hunter alone.

"That won't be necessary. Darastrix Navnik, I'm going to have to ask you to come with me." Her voice was even and almost peaceful as she spoke, but her right hand strayed down to rest on the hilts of the two swords that hung comfortably at her hip.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Darastrix clenched his fist tighter, the Nen claws mimicking the action. First his clan mate refuses to answer his question, then has the nerve to threaten him. Darastrix felt his grip on his mind slip a little further as his rage grew. However, there was an underlying emotion, curiosity. What did this man mean, saying that he too had a connection to the Great Dragon? Had there been another infused with its spirit? No, that would not make sense. He pushed the thought aside. The man's companion had been told to step aside. This was good, a one on one fight would be much easier.

"What is your name." he growled to the member of his clan. After the man answered, Darastrix snarled "Well ..., if you will not answer my question, then I will have to beat it out of you!" He crouched slightly, preparing to lunge. However, at that moment Takai stepped out from her hiding place. "Stay out of this, girl. Like my clans mate said, this is a family affair." the girl's appearance had caused him to pause.

Postby Geomancer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 pm

"Yeah. Scias, please make sure she does not interfere." The lanky man nodded and stepped in Takai's path. "I'm sorry but this seems to be fairly important to them. Drink?" He pulled out a gourd and two strange, very shallow cups. He poured clear liquid into both of them, offered one to her and drank his own.

Darastrix's clansmate stepped forward "Don't worry, Scias is very competent. Now, shall we get down to business?" He pulled out his blade and looked at the busy streets. People had begun to either gather or scatter in response to the coming fight. He pulled out a cell phone and pressed a button. Then he dropped it. He gathered nen into his legs and jumped backwards onto a roof, somersaulting as he flew over the heads of the passersby. "Even if you are foolish enough to reveal your hatsu skill from the get go, I'm not going to show you mine unless you force to me to do so. I doubt you will, though."

GMancer

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:20 pm

"Its not a good idea to doubt that which your entire clan fears." Darastrix retorted. With that, he too gathered Nen into his legs and leaped after the man, who had still not revealed his name. When he landed in front of the man, he pulled back with his right arm and let fly a punch. The thing is, he was much too far away to actually connect with said punch. This was not a problem. The Nen Dragon arm extended as he punched, hurtling towards the man. The Cloak was strong and should the blow connect it would likely knock the man off his feet. Whether or not it did connect, Darastrix would follow up with a horizontal swipe using the claws on his left Nen arm. This man would give him answers, willingly or not!

Postby Geomancer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 pm

The man sighed. "A straightforward attack like that will never reach me." He sidestepped the attack easily. "My name is Rei, by the way. I hope you will remember that. My brothers are Yosa and Uryuu. If you find them, tell them your name. They probably won't kill you." His hand glowed and a ball of energy launched from his open hand toward his opponent's face.

GMancer

Postby Huang Long » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Daniel~ Checking in

It had a wonderful couple of days. With Sakuya now free, Danny had now plenty of time to unwind and sun himself, like he used to. He was in the middle of a rather nice nap, when his cellphone rang.

"Why does that contraption always ring when I'm napping?" said the feline as he hoped down the tree he was in and reached the bag. A bit annoyed, he opened the bag and pulled out the phone. It was text message from Sakuya. She wanted Danny to get to a computer and sign up for the Hunter mission ahead off them. She also wanted him to save spots for her and Dimitri, and that if another hunter was participating, to ensure they didn't break anything.

As he picked up his things and transformed into his human self, he received a message from Dimitri, Apparently the reason for their delay was snowstorm and Sakuya's "Attempted Assault" of the pilot.

In the time it had taken the cat to reach the nearby cyber cafe, Dimitri had sent him a picture file ... of Sakuya in a jail cell. Honestly, sometimes that child was more trouble that what she was worth. Loging in to the hunter database, Danny found the mission, the ruined city exploration, that Sakuya had her eye on. After confirming the details and texting them to Dimitri, Daniel head toward Niccolo's estate. Hopefully either Dimitri would arrive with Sakuya or some other hunter would have taken the job. He had a feeling this mission was not the kind you could do by yourself.
Mastery of magic is when telling time means telling time what to do.

In Honor of a true warrior: Quotes from Dinobot

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- Honor does not need to be won, but it must never be lost.

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby Draken30000 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:49 pm

As the ball of energy hurtled towards Darastrix's face the cloud of Nen surged up to cover him. The energy ball connected with the cloud, harmlessly dissipating. Darastrix's basic attack had not worked, he had not expected it to. Time to step it up a bit. The shapeless Nen cloud around his torso and head spread down to his legs. The cloudy Nen around his legs and feet then took shape. He now had Draconic legs in addition to his Draconic arms. At this stage he was at his fastest. Stiffening the Nen hands so that the deadly talons were bared and ready. He then pushed off, virtually flying towards Rei. He once again swiped, but this time repeatedly and changing the angles of the attacks so that his chances of connecting with one of the strikes was increased.

Postby Geomancer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Rei watched his clans-mate bear down on him. He blocked the first few blows with his sword but was quickly overwhelmed. He soon bore wounds of Darastrix's attacks. Eventually he managed to find an opening and used that to get some distance. He looked at his bleeding limbs and winced. "Guess it's time to get serious then."

The air around his body began to shimmer. His hair bleached to a pure white and his skin darkened. Objects began to form around his body. Red items, looking similar to scaled armor, appeared and descended onto Rei's body, encasing parts of his arms, legs, and back. His back now sprouted two wing 'frames'. It was as if most of his wing has disintegrated, leaving only the skeleton. His hands and feet were equipped with items that replicated Darastrix's nen but in 'real' form. A tiara-like item settled around his forehead and sprouted horns. Both his elbows and knees now sported small spikes.

Rei cracked his neck. "Are you sure you want to continue this? I can't guarantee I won't hurt you." He smiled condescendingly.

(Name: Dragon's Limbs
Type: Materialization with transformation cosmetics
Effect: Summons a kind of armor that moves independently of the user's body, allowing them to seemingly gain enhanced strength and speed. )

GMancer

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:26 am

~ Takai ~
~ With Scias ~

She sighed, the corners of her calm mouth tugging downward into a soft frown for a moment as she watched her bounty and his cousin of whatever distance bound away.

She drew her crimson gaze back to the lackey. It would be rude to refuse the hospitality, so she took the cup and sipped at it, assuming that it was alcohol.

"He won't kill him, will he? I do need to turn him in to get paid, after all." She was pragmatic. If Darastrix's clanmate would only wound him, it would make the fiery idiot easier to deal with without her having to expend more effort. It could turn out to be a win-win situation.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Darastrix's confidence grew as his attacks quickly got the best of Rei, inflicting several wounds to his arms and legs. However, he grew too confident and let Rei slip away. Instead of immediately pursuing his foe, he paused to watch Rei form his hatsu. Interesting, this is what he meant by having a connection to the Great Dragon. The armor looked akin to that worn by the Shivi, those chosen by the Great Dragon to be its personal warriors. They wielded great strength and speed, and there armor was of the sturdiest build. There had only been one recorded event where a Shivi's armor had been broken and that had been by the Great Dragon himself. Darastrix's eyes narrowed. Things had become interesting and dangerous. Would he have to rely on the full strength of the dragon within him? No, he could not, there were too many innocent people here. They had done nothing to him. But maybe he could use a bit more of its power.

"Very well, if you are getting serious, then I will too! You may have a connection to the dragon, but you left before you could witness my destruction of our clan's home, and many of its members. You don't know what I am capable of." he snarled at Rei as the Dragon Cloak began to solidify around his torso now. The cloud of Nen began to sprout at two points on his back, pushing out to form wings. Unlike Rei's skeletal ones, his showed the full majesty of a dragon's wings. The cloak now showed draconic limbs, torso and wings. All that was left was the tail and the head. If he had to resort to those....he may not be able to keep a grip on his mind. He was struggling as it was. The dragon showed no mercy to anyone, and he did not want to kill this particular clan mate. Not yet anyway. "Lets go." he calmly stated before spreading his wings and launching himself once again at Rei.

He was not too concerned about the sword, the Cloak should prevent it from reaching Darastrix's body. Weapons had penetrated the Cloak before, but they had been enhanced by the shaman and had not gone deep. His only two concerns were attacks that could penetrate Nen easily, and his loss of mind. He would have to finish this quickly. He launched a flurry of punches and kicks at Rei, defending himself from counter attacks accordingly. He would see what this Shivi could do.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:47 pm

The people who had been watching had only seen Rei's ability, as Darastrix's could only be seen by those who could see nen. However, they did get the feeling that something big was happening and backed up quite a bit.

Rei watched Darastrix's change and shook his head. "You really are thick. Just because you are potentially more powerful doesn't mean anything now." With a quick motion, he grabbed both of Darastrix's nen arms and flipped them over his head, throwing Darastrix on the ground. His wings were below him so he couldn't fly until he actually got up. Rei followed after him and his feet slammed down on his opponent, driving Darastrix into the ground. It didn't do any physical damage to him, of course, but the hunter felt the great strain on his ability and it actually cracked. Rei then jumped backwards. "Just stay down."

Scias shook his head and poured another drink for both of them. "He won't kill him. He probably won't even seriously injure him. In fact, Rei and his brothers have been looking for this guy for a while." He drank from his cup and poured himself some more. "Are you after the Arcana as well or did you just come for Darastrix?"

GMancer

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:01 pm

~ Takai ~
~ With Scias ~

"Both would be ideal, but I will take what bounties I can get. Money is money, no matter how little it is," she replied with a hint of a smile. She was nothing if not pragmatic.

After another sip from the cup, she looked to the statue head which had been all but forgotten. "How did your friend know that it contained something?"
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Darastrix hit the ground hard, but felt nothing but a soft impact. The Cloak had cushioned what would have been a painful landing. He tried to get up, but was quickly slammed down into the ground again by Rei's attack. The Cloak actually buckled slightly at the impact! It quickly repaired itself, but the fact remained that perhaps Rei was powerful enough to get past the Cloak. It was a worrying thought. Darastrix would not let Rei get way that easily. As Rei was jumping, Darastrix's Cloak arm shot out to grab him around the ankle. Using the physical power of his wings, Darastrix pushed off from the ground. Then, with the Cloak arm extending to compensate for any distance between them, Darastrix swung his arm over his head, bringing Rei with it. The arm slammed Rei into the ground. A slam for slam in this case.

Darastrix retracted the arm to its normal length. As the arm returned, Darastrix felt a pain in his head. He raised a hand to his face, covering the right side. The dragon in him could feel its bonds slipping, and it wanted out. Darastrix mentally tightened those bonds as much as he could, but he could feel hi grip further waning. Soon he would not be able to stop the dragon from coming out. "Guh....grrr....Rei! If we are going to continue this fight, lets do it elsewhere. Please. These people should not suffer from our quarrel." he growled. Many of the people had cleared the area, but if the dragon came out, then Darastrix was sure that many would lose their homes, if not their lives.

Postby ViviGlow » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:09 pm

William cast his gaze around the grounds as he walked up to the extravagant place... he couldn’t deny he felt a little jealous of the man who had this kind of cash. Still he had other goals in life so money was only a side interest really, he pressed the button and gave a simple affirming “Yes” before heading in... despite the size of the place and the security it was pretty weird to have a dirt path leading up to the door... probably just an eccentric. When he got there however and noticed the second seed William got a little curious about it concentrating his aura and activating Gyou to examine it in more detail before heading inside.

Definitely an eccentric... the weird getup made it fairly obvious and that mixed in with the dirt path and the seeds made it just straight forward, still it didn’t really matter to him what the client was like, all he needed was the money and the opportunity... “Yes I am here to explore the ruins, though I have a few questions, firstly, is there any specific thing you’re after inside there that I should look out for? And secondly, what is the pay?”
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Geomancer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Scias emptied his cup and refilled it. "Basically, one of our group is good at locating groups of things. Depending on how specific the group is, her power could indicate an area of fifty miles to fifty feet. This one was easy enough. This specific artist had hidden items in two of their items. We couldn't get the first or the item of the second but we managed to get the second piece of art. She used that to find this one. The group was: A piece of art by the same artist that also contains a hidden item. Pretty specific, right? It was easy enough to locate the item." He swallowed another cupful, looked at a watch, and stood up "Well, it's time to go. If we fight any longer, we may risk everyone in the area, including ourselves." He pulled out a radio and said "Garland, it's time to get out of here. Help out Rei and pick us up." He looked at the woman he had shared a drink with "Garland will take him out easily enough. Better be ready to grab him, though."

Rei was also looking different. He gave a cold smile. "I don't plan on fighting that long. Garland, help me out!" A huge man stepped out of the shadows behind Darastrix. Before the dragon user could react, a spear was thrust at him. The moment it touched his barrier, his entire hatsu shattered and the spear pierced him. He felt like all of his nen had been trapped inside of him. Rei dispelled his ability. "Unfortunately for you, Garland has an ability that perfectly suited to fighting people like us. I'll let you try to figure it out." Garland pulled back the spear but Darastrix still felt weak. They left him there and ran for Scias. As they passed his, Scias joined them.

Niccolo scratched his chin. "Well, there should be an old sword somewhere there. It's called the Sword of Spirits. 1 million jenis for the sword, 10 thousand for anything else of interest. Of course, it can't just be a rock. Art such as a vase that is still intact, gadgets that could be repaired, or an unusual weapon are good choices. The sword should be on a pedestal somewhere and should have the image of a huge tree wrapped around the blade. Any other questions?"

GMancer

Next

Return to Role Playing