RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Belwicket » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm

The year is 2013 and, after the horrible happenings of 2012, demons have begun to walk amongst mortals. Humans have become a rarity, only very small villages and nomadic tribes remain. Demons age at 1/10 the rate of mortals.

However, there are 3 species that live as mortals and helping those in need. They are the Primals, the Astrals and the Elementals.

Primal- beast-like demons that resemble animals, they are the friendliest to mortals. They help with anything and often defend from other demon species. Although rare, there have been occasions when a Primal has gone rogue and would hunt mortals for sport.

They have quite a few classes that they could be sorted into including, but not limited to, Feline, Canine, Rodent and Reptile.

Astral- they are the most human in appearance with the exception of the weapons they pull from nowhere, or so it seems. Their weapons are hidden in the half realm, a realm that is neither material nor astral, neither demonic nor angelic, and often have special powers. They are about the same size as mortals.

Each Astral's weapon has something that separates it from others, whether it is its appearance or its power.

Elemental- this species is more self explanatory. Each of the Elementals has 1 or more element they control. Which element it is depends on where they came from, such as water Elemental would come from the sea or ocean and wouldn’t go too far from it.

Some of the possible elements include:

• earth (bears with dark brown fur, often being five foot tall or more)
• air (they resemble angels with silver wings, close to human height)
• fire (foxes with flames covering their paws and the ends of their tails, normal sized)
• water (larger versions of octopi or squids, up to ten feet)
• ice (pure white wolves, three to five feet tall)
• nature (snakes of green scales, one to ten feet long)
• lightning (birds of bright yellow, seen with sparks around them, five to ten inches tall)
• sound (monkeys with extremely long arms, up to three feet tall with seven foot arm span)
• metal (scorpions of metallic color, three to five feet long with tail flat)
• shadow (zebras of five to seven feet in height)

However, there are 3 species of demon that absolutely despise mortals and would kill large groups of them. They are the Devils, Aerils and Merils.

Devils- red-skinned monsters with goat-like horns and a tail that just speaks demon, these merciless murderers roam the land, searching for every victim they can ensue. They are normally about five feet tall but have been seen taller and shorter. (one foot most in either direction)

Aerils- giant birds, black as night, that swoop down to grab their prey, whether it be large, such as a deer, or small, such as a dog, yet their favorite meal is mortals. They range from seven to ten feet tall with a ten to fifteen foot wing span.

Merils- often confused to be merfolk, these beautiful demons often cause wreckages of boats in which they claim their victims of feast. They are the same height as humans.

CS

Name:
Race: (any demon race not listed above must be granted access by me)
Appearance: (keep in mind this is a post-apocalyptic world)
Personality:
Weapons/Supplies /Abilities:
Other:
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:58 am

Okay, so I've narrowed my options down to two things. The first is SPN, since that was the best-received of the original 3 options, and the second is Air Gear, because I've had multiple people privately show interest in that.

So...which of the two? These are both still very much in progress, but I don't want to do double the effort and fully develop them both. Which would fare better?

SPN

"Now listen here, son. You wanna hunt, that's fine by me, butcha gonna get yourself killed if ya rush off half-cocked. Whatcha need to do is research. One, how ya gonna deal with the ghostie? Bullets won't hurt it. Iron'n salt'll make em poof away, but that ain't gonna solve the problem. Naw, whatcha wanna do is find out where the bitch's buried, dig'er up, 'n salt'n burn'er bones. Now if ya wanna thank me, buy me a damned beer."

The supernatural exists. Ghosts, vampires, spirits, malicious gods...All of them are real, and most of them eat people, or at least kill them. Most people don't believe in the things that go bump in the night, but a few, usually those

who've lost a loved one to something's dinner, know very well what's going on. These are the people who've forsaken their homes and jobs to take on a more righteous occupation: Hunter.

This is a personal horror game featuring a healthy amount of comedy. It's based on the TV series Supernatural, but a complete knowledge of the series is not required. In fact, all PCs will start off with extremely basic knowledge, so even if you are a fan of the series, be prepared to have your character bumble around a bit. It's part of the formula.

Allusions to pop culture are a must, as are one liners and snarky comments. Collaboration between players to create family units is very much encouraged.

Character Application

Name:

Appearance: (Hunters are usually pretty scruffy-looking, but can be either suave or wholesome. Details are really important here. Jewelry, scars, tattoos, whether your forehead crinkles up all weird like Sam's does when he's worried, etc. Get into the minutia. Most characters in the show have a appearance schtick, like Bobby's trucker hats or the fact that Sam and Dean rarely change clothes.)

Personality: (Self-explanatory. Be thorough. Anger issues, dislikes, likes, often-used nicknames for others, etc all goes here.)

History: (Keep it short and concise. How did you become a Hunter. Are you grouped with any of the other PCs in a hunting or family unit?)

Theme Song: (Read the second paragraph here to understand the weight of classic rock. You don't have to use a classic rock song, but it would fit with the musical themes of the show if you did.)

Do you mind if your character is/becomes something supernatural? (Yes/no question here. Examples include being one of the Special Children, becoming possessed for a long period of time, turning into a vampire or other creature, becoming a vessel, etc. You as a player cannot actively CHOOSE to be any of these things. You can just tell me you don't mind it and see where the game goes.)

RP Example:
(Pick TWO of the prompts below and write. Write in the same writing style that you will use for the RP. Don't pare down or conflate anything. Just write how you would if you were already playing the game.)

RP Example Prompts
(You can delete this section of the sheet after you've completed the Example.)
Short list of prompts goes here.

New Tricks: An Air Gear Game

"Higher. Faster."

Not too far in the future, technological advances allow for the miniturization of a motor up to 4 kilowatts. No larger than a small gear, extreme sports fans began to utilize these motors in their rollerblades, creating a whole new way to ride.

Now faster than some cars, these people call themselves Stormriders and have a subculture all their own, with their own rules.

Moar description here, but I think most people are familiar with either the anime or the manga.

Complete AU of the manga. No canon characters or analogues of canon characters allowed. All PCs will start low-level without a major Road and grow during the course of the game.

Character Application

Name: (Japanese, please. Last name, first name)
Class: (1, 2, or 3. Corresponds to Sophomore, Junior, and Senior)

Appearance: (NOT in Stormrider gear. Please be thorough.)

Team Name: (Unless you want to coordinate with a group of PCs to come up with a team, leave this blank for now. If so, you need 5 members.)

Stormriding Gear: (Describe their outfit and AT's please. If you coordinated to make a team, your uniform goes here.)

Riding Style: (Speed, manueverability, brute force, etc. Gimme something to start working with for your Road.)

Stats: (You have - points to spend in each of the following categories. Be mindful that this describes your character's true potential, NOT how good they are at the start. Stats cap at -)

Strength:
Speed:
Flexibility:
Jump Height:
Reaction Time:
Stamina:
Precision Control:
Tuning:
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:03 am

Supernatural. Oh yeah. +1
Hopefully I can actually get a Character made.

Yes. Supernatural. :3

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:06 am

... Air Gear.

Nuff said.
Demon of Elru

Postby Musicmac » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:19 am

I CAN'T DECIDE. D:
Listen.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:21 am

Musicmac wrote:...
I CAN'T DECIDE. D:

SPN!..

<_< I just kinda want to shit people around by being a vampire.. if possible. >_> I love vampires.

Postby Keiran » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:46 am

Musicmac wrote:...
I CAN'T DECIDE. D:

WHETHER YOU SHOULD LIVE OR DIE! OH, YOU'LL PROBABLY GO TO HEAVEN, PLEASE DON'T HANG YOU HEAD AND CRY!

Also, Supernatural.

Postby Bolts » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am

I'd say go with the Supernatural one.

Postby Karo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:06 pm

I'd prefer the Air Gear one myself.

I miss my Wheel Wars character.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 pm

3-2, in favor of SPN....Hmm...Need moar votes. That margin is too close.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:03 pm

SUPERNATURAL
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Villain » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Supernatural! I WANT ME SOME VAMPIRE HOG DEMONS RIDING MOTORCYCLES! WOOOOO!
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Ryute » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm

I like the Air Gear one best, I loved that anime!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Supernatural! Too bad I'll be playing Marshal in another game. heh heh. Ah well.

Postby Garethcool » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Supernatural is mine choice.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 am

Supernatural by far. o3o

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:14 am

You already voted on that, Ali...
Demon of Elru

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:27 am

I know I did. I was just... Looking at everyone else's. Nevermind.

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 pm

After thinking and thinking again, and then having a friend that doesn't watch SPN read over what I had, I decided that to include more information would be futile. For those that know the series, it would be redundant, and for those that don't, well...It would be a disservice, because their characters will learn anything they need to know in-game.

So, here goes. Bright and shiny for official votingses.

SPN

"Now listen here, son. You wanna hunt, that's fine by me, butcha gonna get yourself killed if ya rush off half-cocked. Whatcha need to do is research. One, how ya gonna deal with the ghostie? Bullets won't hurt it. Iron'n salt'll make em poof away, but that ain't gonna solve the problem. Naw, whatcha wanna do is find out where the bitch's buried, dig'er up, 'n salt'n burn'er bones. Now if ya wanna thank me, buy me a damned beer."

The supernatural exists. Ghosts, vampires, spirits, malicious gods...All of them are real, and most of them eat people, or at least kill them. Most people don't believe in the things that go bump in the night, but a few, usually those who've lost a loved one to something's dinner, know very well what's going on. These are the people who've forsaken their homes and jobs to take on a more righteous occupation: Hunter.

This is a personal horror game featuring a healthy amount of comedy. It's based on the TV series Supernatural, but a complete knowledge of the series is not required. In fact, all PCs will start off with extremely basic knowledge, so even if you are a fan of the series, be prepared to have your character bumble around a bit. It's part of the formula.

Allusions to pop culture are a must, as are one liners and snarky comments. Collaboration between players to create family units is very much encouraged.

Character Application

Name:

Appearance: (Hunters are usually pretty scruffy-looking, but can be either suave or wholesome. Details are really important here. Jewelry, scars, tattoos, whether your forehead crinkles up all weird like Sam's does when he's worried, etc. Get into the minutia. Most characters in the show have a appearance schtick, like Bobby's trucker hats or the fact that Sam and Dean rarely change clothes.)

Personality: (Self-explanatory. Be thorough. Anger issues, dislikes, likes, often-used nicknames for others, etc all goes here.)

History: (Keep it short and concise. How did you become a Hunter. Are you grouped with any of the other PCs in a hunting or family unit?)

Theme Song: (Read the second paragraph here to understand the weight of classic rock. You don't have to use a classic rock song, but it would fit with the musical themes of the show if you did.)

Do you mind if your character is/becomes something supernatural? (Yes/no question here. Examples include being one of the Special Children, becoming possessed for a long period of time, turning into a vampire or other creature, becoming a vessel, etc. You as a player cannot actively CHOOSE to be any of these things. You can just tell me you don't mind it and see where the game goes.)

RP Example:
(Pick at least TWO of the prompts below and write. Write in the same writing style that you will use for the RP. Don't pare down or conflate anything. Just write how you would if you were already playing the game.)

RP Example Prompts
(You can delete this section of the sheet after you've completed the Example.)
Death
Revenge
Chocolate
Johnny Walker Blue
Impala
Sunshine
Separation
Obsession
Religion
Out of Ammo
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Keiran » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

+1 Hana

Postby Geomancer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I like it.
+1
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:17 pm

*puts a crown on Hana's head with a silver +1 at the front*
Demon of Elru

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 pm

+1 For Realz.

Postby Garethcool » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:58 pm

And for the fourth fifth consecutive post....

Plus one to Hana! +1

(fucking ninjas)
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm

I NINJA'D YOU! I'M AWESOME!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing