The Thanatos Effect OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: Sign Ups Open!!!

Postby Zako » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:51 am

[Never existed]
Last edited by Zako on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Asmodai » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Hey Bolts, this has been bugging me since... well for a long time now and I probably shouldnt ask this because of plot spoilers... but meh, I'm me and I always ask. But I'll use spoiler tags just in case

But whats up with Eutavia? You mention them in your history that they've been free of both the republic and the dominion since 1940. But you never divulge more about them afterwards. Thats triggered my interest, I've played enough Tom Clancy games to know that that never goes well.

Also, Snape killed Dumbledore.   
Last edited by Asmodai on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Asmodai wrote:Hey Bolts, this has been bugging me since... well for a long time now and I probably shouldnt ask this because of plot spoilers... but meh, I'm me and I always ask. But I'll use spoiler tags just in case

But whats up with Eutavia? You mention them in your history that they've been free of both the republic and the dominion since 1940. But you never divulge more about them afterwards. Thats triggered my interest in the first place, I've played enough Tom Clancy games to know that that never goes well.
Second time my interest was triggered, was when I made Ren super racist, and you mentioned that perhaps in the future she may have to work together with Maldova. Meaning there'd be a third power threatening both super powers.

Sign onto MSN and I'll tell you more about it. For future, reference, any questions involving plot spoilers should be asked through PMs.

Postby Erina » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Asmodai wrote:Hey Bolts, this has been bugging me since... well for a long time now and I probably shouldnt ask this because of plot spoilers... but meh, I'm me and I always ask. But I'll use spoiler tags just in case

But whats up with Eutavia? You mention them in your history that they've been free of both the republic and the dominion since 1940. But you never divulge more about them afterwards. Thats triggered my interest, I've played enough Tom Clancy games to know that that never goes well.

Asmo, you can't really expect him to just reveal all the plot twists in the OOC. ^^; That would totally suck.

Also, Bruce Willis was dead the whole time.   
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Asmodai » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:57 am

I can always try :3

YOU RUINED THE MOVIE FOR ME!
Mephobiac

Postby Hana » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Okay, so...I hope this is better...

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Corporal Melani Engleton
Sex: Female

Appearance: Often mistaken for younger than she actually is, Mel racks in at an unassuming 5'1", and her semi-tanned face is peppered with freckles. Her dirty blond hair is usually pulled back into a messy ponytail, but when left free falls to just below her shoulder blades in random waves, pretty in its own way but unruly enough to never look intentionally styled.

She sports a lithe build that with the right clothing looks like no build at all, with a small waist, only slightly larger hips, and a chest small enough that is easily hidden under a size L shirt.

Clothing: When on duty (and not required to wear an actual uniform) Melani usually wears overalls that she doesn't mind getting dirty, paired with old beat-up black tennis shoes. Her ensemble is completed by two large duffel bags, one white with a red cross emblazoned on either side and a second made of an oil-stained canvas.

Personality: Sickeningly bubbly: Melani overcompensates for many, if not all, of her flaws by being irritatingly happy and reminding others to always look on the bright side.

Beneath the veneer of cheer, Mel is often scared and unsure, especially where it concerns herself. She has little self-esteem outside of belief in her skills. Her appearance and how she is perceived by others are two of the greatest sources of concern for her. She is moderately religious, but finds little comfort in belief in a higher power or prayer.

She is an emotional young woman who wears her heart on her sleeve, often falling victim to crushes on coworkers. These invariably lead to heartbreak.

Skills: Field Mechanic/Field Medic

Background: "I'm not a little girl anymore! I'm going to be of legal age soon!" The voice was accompanied by the angry stomping of feet as the Engleton's front door was swung wide open.

"I don't care how old you get, you're always gonna be my little girl, Melly!" The gruff voice of her father followed her into the comfortably messy living room.

She turned on her heel, her freckled cheeks flushed with frustration. Unlike her brothers, she'd been kept on an extremely tight leash as long as she could remember. Maybe it was because she was the only girl in the family, but she was increasingly inclined to think that it was because her father was just a biased neurotic bastard who didn't really care about her at all and just wanted more hands in his stupid machine shop.

"You can't stop me! If you won't consent, then I'll just go down to the office and enlist on my birthday!"

"Melani Agnes Engleton! You wouldn't dare!" her father exclaimed, his eyes widening even as he clenched his meaty fists at his sides. His already reddened faces

"YES, I WOULD!"

The giant of a man sat heavily on the outdated paisley couch, the breath rushing out of him. His lack of reaction made Melani look up and blink rapidly in confusion. She expected more argument from him. She'd been rehearsing this 'discussion' for the better part of three weeks, and this was most certainly not how it was supposed to go. He was supposed to throw up a wall of reasons why she wasn't going to be allowed to enlist, and then she would counter with her well-remembered lines.

Instead of the carefully-planned dialogue, though, her father was trembling and holding his head in his hands. She had never seen the man cry, not even at Matt's funeral...

"D-daddy?"

"I can't lose you, too, Melly. I can't...I just..." His voice cracked as he trailed off, and Melani felt compelled to move to him, sitting beside him and circling him as much as she could with her thin arms. She rested her forehead against his shoulder and bit her lip for a long moment as the strongest man in her life wept in her embrace.

"Daddy, I have to do this. I have to do what I can to make sure other families don't lose brothers...sons..." Her eldest brother's death in the line of duty had stolen something integral from her, left an empty hole where a piece of her heart belonged. She couldn't let that happen to someone else, not when she could even try to prevent it.

"Melly...."

"Engleton! Ten-HUT!"

Melani's head snapped up from where she was sitting, very nearly in a puddle of oil, on the floor of the motor vehicles bay. The carburetor slipped from her black-stained fingers as she scrambled to her feet, snapping to a salute with wide eyes as the man with stars on his shoulders stepped into the garage. His shiny black shoes clicked on the pitted cement as he walked to her.

Her mind raced for a moment, trying to remember if she'd done anything wrong...She wasn't about to be court-martialed, was she? No, MPs would be coming to get her if that were the case, not a general. She pasted on a stiff smile, her eyes still widened with surprise and more than a little trepidation.

"S-sir, yes sir?!"

"You are Corporal Engleton, yes?"

"Yes, sir!"

"At ease, then, soldier." The breath she let out was audible, and she dropped her salute, although she wasn't precisely relaxed as she moved to clasp her left wrist at the small of her back. The man looked her over as he closed the rest of the distance between them. It wasn't just his shoes...His entire ensemble looked like it had been freshly pressed and polished, with not a single ribbon or medal even a centimeter out of place.

"Permission to speak, sir?" Melani inquired, becoming ever more curious as this general looked her over as if she were some kind of show dog.

"Granted."

"Why exactly are you here, sir?" the question was tentative, her eyes still wide as she watched the man.

He chuckled and reached up to fidget with his tie. "I am General Lee Fitzhugh, Corporal, and I am interviewing prospects for a new, very special division. You happen to be one of those prospects." Seeing the way her brows knit down in confusion and the way her mouth slacked open a touch in preparation for a breath to ask another question, he cut her off with a snorting chuckle. "What, exactly, do we see in you? Well, firstly...You're a medic, aren't you, Corporal?"

"Ah, yes General."

"Then what are you doing here?" he asked in a very manner-of-fact tone, the plainness of which made Melani's speckled cheeks flush with embarrassment, as though she'd been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

"S-sir, my father's a mechanic...He taught me how to work on cars and stuff, and well...It's sort of my hobby now, I guess...General, sir."

The man smiled, and although she knew it was supposed to set her at ease, it only served to make Melani more nervous. What did it matter what her hobbies were?

"Corporal, there is a list a mile long of mechanical engineers that are being considered for this position. Do you know why you rank on that list with them?"

"Um, sir...Is it because I can fix a carburetor five times faster than any of the mechanics in this unit, all do respect to them?"

That made the general laugh, which caught Melani a little off guard but strangely blunted the edge of her nervousness.

"I think I've seen all that I need to...I'll be in touch, Corporal."

She snapped to a salute as his hand moved to his temple, wrinkles around his eyes more prominent as he smiled. She didn't relax as he turned and walked out of the garage. She didn't relax until she'd counted 200 heartbeats thudding in her ears.

What theheck had just happened?!

SIREN Profile
Name: Asclepius
Type: Assault
Physical Description: Asclepius is a blindingly white well-armored suit marked on each shoulder with a black Rod of Asclepius and on the back and chest with a prominent red cross.

Specs:
Max Speed: 35 MPH
Strength: Low
Defense: Moderate
Agility: Moderate

Customized DART:
1. All Purpose Medical Tool Kit - Contains: bone saw, cautery, cannula & trocar, Kelly forceps/hemostats, retractor, scalpel/Laser scalpel, scissors, surgical stapler, syringes, laryngoscope & endotracheal tubes, IV tubing, tourniquets, nasal trumpets, oropharyngeal airways, splints

2. All Purpose Medical Supply Kit - Contains: IV fluids {saline, hetastarch/hextend, LR}, emergency trauma bandages, hemostatic agents and hemostatic bandages, muslin bandages, gauze bandages, gauze packing, medical tape {assorted sizes}, chest seals, denatured alcohol, idodine, burn dressings, splints, morphine, ketamine, antibiotics, narcan, phenergan, epinephrine, paracetamol, naproxen, ibruprofen, diphenhydramine, psuedoephedrine, guaifenesin, loperamide, atropine, diazepam

3. All Purpose Mechanical Supply Kit - Contains: multi-tip ratchet screwdriver {3 sizes}, all-size socket wrench, multi-size crescent wrench, oscillating metal saw, revolving metal saw, sledge, pliers {needle, grip, cutter}, circuit tester, clamps, drill bits {all standard sizes}, angle grinder, pneumatic hammer

4. Avtomat Kalashnikova 47 (AK-47) - The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62x39mm assault rifle.

Specs/history: Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-46 was presented for official military trials. In 1947 the fixed-stock version was introduced into service with select units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS-47 (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact.

The original AK-47 was one of the first true assault rifles. Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of its durability, low production cost, and ease of use. It has been manufactured in many countries and has seen service with regular armed forces as well as irregular, revolutionary and terrorist organizations worldwide. The AK-47 was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms. More AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined.

Firing the 7.62x39mm cartridge, the AK-47 produces significant wounding effects when the projectile tumbles and fragments in tissue; but it produces relatively minor wounds when the projectile exits the body before beginning to yaw.

Weight: 9.5 lb with empty magazine
Length: 34.4 in folding stock extended / 25.4 in stock folded
Barrel length: 415 mm (16.3 in
Cartridge: 7.62x39mm M43/M67
Action: Gas-operated, rotating bolt
Rate of fire: 600 rounds/min
Muzzle velocity: 2,346 ft/s
Effective range: 330 yd full automatic / 440 yd semi-automatic
Feed system: 10, 20 , 30 , 40 or 75 -round detachable box and drum style magazine, also compatible with 40-round box or 75-round drum magazines from the RPK
Sights: Adjustable iron sights, 100–800 metre adjustments, 378 mm (14.9 in) sight radius

Emergency Firearm: MODIFIED Browning M1911 - Kimber ICQB with Surefire IMPL (Integrated Military Pistol Light), Dawson Precision Light Rail, Tritium Novak LoMount sight, Gemtech TRL Tactical Retention Lanyard, modified Safariland 6004 holster, and Wilson Combat '47D' 8 round magazines.

Specs/history: The M1911 is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, and recoil-operated handgun chambered for the .45 ACP cartridge. John M. Browning designed the firearm which was the standard-issue side arm for the United States armed forces from 1911 to 1985. The M1911 is still carried by some U.S. forces. It was widely used in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. Its formal designation as of 1940 was Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911 for the original Model of 1911 or Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 for the M1911A1, adopted in 1924. The designation changed to Pistol, Caliber .45, Automatic, M1911A1 in the Vietnam era. In total, the United States procured around 2.7 million M1911 and M1911A1 pistols in military contracts during its service life. The M1911 is the best-known of John Browning's designs to use the short recoil principle in its basic design.

Marine Expeditionary Units formerly issued M1911s to Force Recon units. Hand-selected Colt M1911A1 frames were gutted, deburred, and prepared for additional use by the USMC Precision Weapon Section (PWS) at Marine Corps Base Quantico. They were then assembled with after-market grip safeties, ambidextrous thumb safeties, triggers, improved high-visibility sights, accurized barrels, grips, and improved Wilson magazines. These hand-made pistols were tuned to specifications and preferences of end users.

In the late 1980s, the Marines laid out a series of specifications and improvements to make Browning's design ready for 21st century combat, many of which have been included in MEU(SOC) pistol designs, but design and supply time was limited. Discovering that the Los Angeles Police Department was pleased with their special Kimber M1911 pistols, a single source request was issued to Kimber for just such a pistol despite the imminent release of their TLE/RLII models. Kimber shortly began producing a limited number of what would be later termed the Interim Close Quarters Battle pistol (ICQB). Maintaining the simple recoil assembly, 6-inch barrel (though using a stainless steel match grade barrel), and internal extractor, the ICQB is not much different from Browning's original design.

Weight: 2.44 lb empty
Length: 8.25 in
Barrel length: 6 in
Cartridge: .45 ACP
Action: Short recoil operation
Muzzle velocity: 835 ft/s
Feed system: 8-round custom detachable box magazine

Explosives: Chaff, Anti-Personnel Sonic Device

Theme song: "Fix You" - Coldplay
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Asmodai » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Oh god please accept her... she's like the complete opposite of Ren! Thats bound to make some interesting stuff happen in the actual RP :3

Also, if you're going support, wouldnt a HEAVY class be a better idea? That way you can carry lots of stuff around, even spare ammo for the rest of the team. Even take a Heavy Machine Gun to lay down suppression fire.
Not sure if DART works with non-weapons... especially kits like that.
Mephobiac

Postby Hana » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:48 pm

An Assault should be strong enough to carry along extra stuff that the DART doesn't provide while still maintaining enough speed that people don't always die before medic arrival, ehehe.

I would have gone with the lighter, faster class if I didn't think that more armor was a good idea.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

She's using a different type of DART than we are, Asmo.

Liking it so far, Hana. Going to read it over again when I get home.

Postby Hana » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Updated histoire + added picture.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Asmodai » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:46 pm

pwetty picture :3
Mephobiac

Postby Hana » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Wish I could take credit...Original art is from Air Gear. I just stole'd the picture of Kururu from DA and recolored some schtuff to fit my needs.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Mmk, so.

Hana: You have one too many types of grenades it looks like. You can only carry two types of grenades of up to three each.

Zako: Same problem and you haven't added the paragraph of traditional background like we asked.

As of now, Hana is accepted. Just fix the grenade thing as soon as possible.

WOOHOO!!! WE HAZ AWESOME MEDIC PEOPLZ!!!

Postby Erina » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 pm

By the way Hana, Bryan really liked your CS. =] He was gunning for your CS's approval during our application review.

(<3 you Bubba)
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Hana » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Bolts wrote:Just fix the grenade thing as soon as possible.

D-u-n, done. Sorry 'bout that. I misread.

Erina wrote:By the way Hana, Bryan really liked your CS. =] He was gunning for your CS's approval during our application review.

.......I blush nao.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Erina » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Asmodai wrote:Oh god please accept her... she's like the complete opposite of Ren! Thats bound to make some interesting stuff happen in the actual RP :3

Yeesh, you said the same thing about Sharline. Ren is gonna have like no friends at all. ^^"

Postby Bolts » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:28 pm

I was not!! I AM A TYRANICAL DICTATOR!!! A TYRANICAL DICTATOR I SAY!!!!!

-AMERICA!!!!

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:24 am

Has there been a date set yet for start of game? If so, I'd like to put it on my calendar so I can budget in some time for it if it happens to fall on one of my busy days. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:29 am

.... Ohhh, you just had to use an AG pic...

Blasted woman, spiking my interest all the sudden... And I still need to get around to finishing that sheet for Sam's P. XP

.... *sighs and goes to read the RP's first post, gumbling about thinking of doing something to reference Kazu to pay her back*
Demon of Elru

Postby Bolts » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 am

We've mostly just been waiting on enough CSes. The limit of characters is 10 and so far we have six accepted characters and three prospects (MM, Mac, and Zako).

I'd like it if MM and Mac would give me something of an update on when they'll have their CSes done.

But as far as setting a start date, I PERSONALLY would like to get started by the end of next week. But for now I want to make sure that everyone who wants to join has a chance to and I need to finish documenting the latter portions of the plot.

@Ro: OMG IT'S RO!!!! *bows* HOW MAY WE SERVE YOU MIGHTY ONE!!!?

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:33 am

Sorreh! I didn't even have Kururu in mind when I came up with the description. It was just that she was the only character in all of animedom that I could find that fit my vision!

No prob, Bolt. I await the open with baited breath, hee hee.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:38 am

Rise, young one. I prefer my greatness be witnessed in casual silence. It helps me humble myself.

But, really, I'll look at that first post later... *looks at clock* ...today. I've been keeping myself up too much. And I have to be rested for a game I'm buying tomorrow to play online with a certain flowery someone. *looks aside and arches eyebrow* .... If they smell what the Ro is alluding...to... lol
Demon of Elru

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:40 am

Dynasty Warriors 7, for those in complete confusion, lol
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:42 am

And I do hope you're still into wrestling (your manly soap operas lol) enough to catch my last line. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Hana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:45 am

Psh. Don't make me bring the Flowery Elbow down on your Candy Ass, Jabroni. (If you're referring to something specific that happened tonight, no...I missed it. ;_; )

Now I'm going to stop jacking this thread and go to bed to have nice dreams of Jiang Wei in his Strikeforce 2 character design. Damn, I wish they'd bring that game here...
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing