Prime Time

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Prime Time

Postby mintcream95 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:27 pm

pwned-by-twilight wrote:

... I miss Jesus...

So do i..... D ' :
May be adorable in the outside but Dangerous on the inside. O3O

http://stormsurge98.deviantart.com/

Postby BlackEve » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 pm

And we all want to know what he's doing right now. Did he really lose interest in snafu forums that fast?

Postby Maru » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Ehh, He's Jesus Christ. He's got other things goin' on.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat singing of Vocaloid songs)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:11 pm

BeeAre wrote:krypto the super dog is not a furry. bullet the squirrel from PpG is not a furry. they are merely animal demigods like the pegasus or manticore: they are superhero animals.

that is the distinction.

Okay, so animals with superpowers are the loophole in this since superpowers aren't human either? On a side note though, I remember Krypto had his own kid show some time ago, so did he take the jump to furry then with being able to talk and had his own personality and sidekick?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:03 pm

furry is not just making the rather broad action of anthropomorphizing merely animal behavior and contextualizing it emotionally for humans (since that is done in even fairy tales to make comparisons between an animal's methods of survival and a trait sought after to inspire human survival in both the physical and the emotional); furry is the specific and precise action of seeking out the mixture of emotions that humans, uniquely and distinctly among any species that we are aware of, have when we experience the animal instinct to have sex. We as people rationalize our animal body to our thinking mind, our emotional being that treads the gap between these two states the act of interplay, and furries take a singular path in equating their emotions to the fairy tales of yore and putting it into a sexual context. And pointedly, not merely one of metaphor as such a fairy tale was generally aimed, but a direct 1:1 "I must yiff you in my fursuit" pursuit.

Equating animal behaviors to aiding in that emotional endeavor, implying that the function of the animal fulfills a human sexually, that is the precise mechanic at work that makes furry boner up. I'm not going to say that all of the range of that mechanic strictly pertains to furridom, but all furridom does pertain to that mechanic. :\
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 am

I don't agree with that entirely. Yes, it is a part of the fandom to take it to a sexual level, but the true fact of it all to my understanding is that part of the fandom is only about 10% of it. And only a fraction of that is what is infamous to the internet masses that makes furries what they are presumed to be. This is because the fanbase is greater than most people know. Heck, every single one of us here who are a fan of FiM is one, since the whole cast are technically furries.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:49 am

pwned-by-twilight wrote:I don't agree with that entirely. Yes, it is a part of the fandom to take it to a sexual level, but the true fact of it all to my understanding is that part of the fandom is only about 10% of it. And only a fraction of that is what is infamous to the internet masses that makes furries what they are presumed to be. This is because the fanbase is greater than most people know. Heck, every single one of us here who are a fan of FiM is one, since the whole cast are technically furries.

See, this is an SAT analogy question at work. "Are all anthropomorphized animals furries?" vs "Are all furries anthropomorphized animals?"
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:39 am

That is a lovely question that I wish I knew the answer to... Why can't everyone on the net settle on a concrete definition for this word <_< Not saying Wikipedia's wrong with theirs, but so many people keep saying it's either more specific or broad then that. I've even been told someone is a furry for just having an appreciation for anthropomorphic characters.
An Optimist

Postby kimmemour » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:08 am

so in other words BR your saying STFU these are animals

Postby mimezinga » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:57 am

well... ok, but Bo IS furry or i'm missing something?

anyway, i guess anything can be furry if you look at it in that way, from what i've seen on know your meme image DB someone is deep into the mlp furry side of the show... but it's just rule 34, don't want? ignore...

if you ask me, and i note you didn't, i'd say that a monkey in a superhero outfit is not furry, but i find it funny, ok maybe if it saves my sorry ass from a beating i'll see it more heroic and less funny, but at the moment i can't help it, it's funny
hey come visit us compare!
my deviantart page http://mimezinga.deviantart.com/
my fanfictio.net page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2868541/mimezinga

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:47 pm

I did state that I saw why he's not an actual furry, not showing any real anthro characteristics for being a monkey, letting him be able to understand speech and walk on two legs. Yet the definition of what a furry is is still something we're trying to staple down.
An Optimist

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Dexter dialed 'M' for monkey, yes? And the purple bot got primed without a Prime. That means there are two posibilities: (1) the Cluster encountered the Transformers or (2) purple bot watches Earth TV.

And yes, Sam is Lurking. She appears to have increased her Stealth, or perhaps Buttercup and Dexter simply failed their Spot checks. I don't know how it works, except it lends to suspense. Sam may turn Dex's smile upside down. Or Buttercup's. It's a coin toss. But no Gir this page? I must go back one for more Gir randomness.

Does purple bot have a name? Does he warrant getting one if he doesn't have one? Or is he saving it for when his life is on the line?
A Page Flipper

Postby BeeAre » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:57 pm

pwned-by-twilight wrote:That is a lovely question that I wish I knew the answer to... Why can't everyone on the net settle on a concrete definition for this word <_< Not saying Wikipedia's wrong with theirs, but so many people keep saying it's either more specific or broad then that. I've even been told someone is a furry for just having an appreciation for anthropomorphic characters.

I just TOLD you the answer.
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:25 pm

You answered my question with another question...

But now thinking about it, neither is 100% true since a furry can be a person too.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:51 pm

pwned-by-twilight wrote:You answered my question with another question...

But now thinking about it, neither is 100% true since a furry can be a person too.

No! NO!

A furry IS a person, by definition! Not "CAN BE". What in the world is wrong with you.

Read my post again. I wasn't making a case, or an argument, or a position.

I was TELLING YOU the answer! Not the statement of the questions, but the logic involved.

The analogy of the questions is a logical condition. TWO logical conditionS.

You tell me which condition makes sense based on what you know about those conditions!
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Huh... I guess I was looking at it the wrong way. But it doesn't really matter anymore since we got the fact Monkey isn't a furry out there, so my first post in this long strain of comments was null. I'll try and get what you meant though. Maybe it's just how I figure out things keeping me from seeing what you want to express.
An Optimist

Postby Meander » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:04 am

Xi-1 wrote:Dexter dialed 'M' for monkey, yes?

I do believe that Dexter would be the only person in this universe to have no knowledge of Monkey.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!