the OOC for Snarks' Academy

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

the OOC for Snarks' Academy

Postby BobSagat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Milton Snark had a dream that one day little girls and boys could come to a school that appreciated the gift of snark. As a boy he felt the cruel sting of lesser intelligences blinking stupidly as clever witticisms went soaring over their bulbous heads. Milton recalls the majority of his school years being reprimanded for pointing out a crucial mistake in the most sarcastic manner. Twas not fair, Snark declared, how could he not use the gift of gab when it was so sorely needed in these times of crisis and giant blunders?

So Milton Snark graduated with a PhD in Snarkology from Columbia University and moved to Britain where he was able to gather enough funds to open up

Snark's Academy

A school where a student can say anything, claim anything and do anything so long as it's witty enough. Typically news programmes and parent's associations were outraged by such a school opening up, they declared it a setback to the education system. Such a school would be encouraging youth to become hooligans or delinquents, they said, it was the end times for law-abiding youngsters. Amid all the criticism Milton calmly stated, "I am a man who has been persecuted his whole life for being incredibly smart or at least for making others around me feel incredibly stupid. I made this school to end the discrimination of people who are really smart and also pretty good-looking. I made this goal because if there is anything I hate in this world it is intolerance. Also the French."

After that speech, the hearts and minds of England were won by Milton and his school opened up without a hitch.

The application process to Snark's Academy is extremely selective and very complicated. To be admitted some tough questions must be answered, here they are:

Name:
Age: (True snarking must begin young so only 13-14 year olds will be admitted)

Circle your preferred Snark (Only one):

Deadpan Cynical Goofy Biting

Short Answer Questions
Questions One:
You have been abducted by aliens in the middle of the night, dressed only in your jammies. The aliens (cow-like beings who stand on their hind legs) confront you and demand to know mankind's leader otherwise there will be much anal probing. What do you tell them?

Question Two: (references to Question One)
The aliens return you home at dawn with minimal anal probing. As you walk through the front door gently rubbing your abused bum, your mum (who is cooking delicious omelettes) demands to know where you've been all night. What do you tell her?

Question Three:
Say something witty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

An average day's curriculum:

English (intense vocabulary)
English (ranting: the art of run-on sentences)
Snarkology (the study of snark and its uses)
Midday Snark-Off
Lunch
Math (2+2=fuckyou)
English (cusses: when to use them)
Openhouse Snark-Off

After-school Activities include:

The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Girls Club
"Debate" club
Scorn club

Please send in your application forms before the beginning of April~!
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Re: the OOC for Snarks' Academy

Postby sam4books » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Name: Zorath Oseph

(Deadpan) Cynical Goofy Biting

Short Answer Questions
Questions One:
You have been abducted by aliens in the middle of the night, dressed only in your jammies. The aliens (cow-like beings who stand on their hind legs) confront you and demand to know mankind's leader otherwise there will be much anal probing. What do you tell them?

The irony is astounding.

"You missed him in the produce aisle."

The aliens return you home at dawn with minimal anal probing. As you walk through the front door gently rubbing your abused bum, your mum (who is cooking delicious omelettes) demands to know where you've been all night. What do you tell her?

"I've had an amazing and eyeopening experience in the farm today. You should've seen what the cows were doing.

Speaking of which, I hope you're not serving milk today."

Question Three:
Say something witty.

I believe you mistaken me for someone else.

Theme: Nirvana - "Smells Like Team Spirit"
Last edited by sam4books on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:19 pm

wait, you were actually serious about this one. The last rpg, you posted, something about it involved hell and las vegas, and tracking down souls, got all four votes, but you never brought it into existence.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:22 pm

HOLY JUMPING CRUMPETS RESERVED.

Oooh...now what snarky character to play...

(Based off a much loved OC of mine...He was actually a cat, but I’ve humanised him especially for this :3)

Name: Edan Flamer. “Flame” to his friends close associates.

((Deadpan)) Cynical Goofy Biting

It's such a crime to choose between them. Really.

Short Answer Questions
Questions One:

Oh great, something disturbing my fucking sleep, that’s all I need. Seriously, alien abductions? How original.

Anyway, I ‘guess’ I’d have to say something along the lines of:

“Sorry mates. You missed the boat. The little green men from planet Zog already took him away...you’ll have to go all the way out to Zog to speak with him. Give me a small sum of a million pounds and I’ll give you directions...and now please take me the fuck back home so I can sleep in peace, preferably before I lose my temper, thank you so kindly and goodnight, gentlemen.”

The complete truth, in a dry tone with a deadpan expression. What can I say? I’m a straight forward honest guy.

And you people shouldn’t lie. Everyone knows there’s no such thing as delicious omelettes. Omelettes are disgusting.

And I better have got my million pounds, or I’m calling those aliens back.

Question Three:
Say something witty

...No.

[Theme:: "Poker Face" - Blowsight]
Last edited by Doctress Who on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby BobSagat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Mastermind001 wrote:wait, you were actually serious about this one. The last rpg, you posted, something about it involved hell and las vegas, and tracking down souls, got all four votes, but you never brought it into existence.

Probably because the idea never existed to begin with.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
2pro

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Can't be a Bob RP without me making some flamboyant character to screw with everyone.

... Maybe. I gotta read this thing first. (After I cut myself from reading tropes. Addicting shit...)
Demon of Elru

Postby Keiran » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:29 pm

This spot is reserved.

Name: Matthew Williams

Deadpan Cynical Goofy {Biting}

Short Answer Questions
Questions One:

Oh yeah? And who am I, the Secretary? How would I know where he is, Sparky?

I went with an ever so pleasant walk with new friends with electrifying hobbies. It was incredibly fascinating, you should try it.

Question Three:
Say something witty.

And what would you like me to say, oh master of the universe?

Last edited by Keiran on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Bob, a question: can we make more than one character?
I was thinking of making two good friends from a story of mine.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 pm

BobSagat wrote:
Mastermind001 wrote:wait, you were actually serious about this one. The last rpg, you posted, something about it involved hell and las vegas, and tracking down souls, got all four votes, but you never brought it into existence.

Probably because the idea never existed to begin with.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

This one. I had such a great character idea for it.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby BobSagat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:56 pm

i deny everything

Doctress Who wrote:Bob, a question: can we make more than one character?
I was thinking of making two good friends from a story of mine.

HRMMMMMMMMM.

No.

With two characters I fear it will be too easy to fall into a comedy routine. I seek verbal dueling between opposing forces!
2pro

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Alrighty then.
Hmmm...
Time Lady

Postby Keiran » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Anyone heard of The Snark Handbook: A Reference Guide to Verbal Sparing by Lawrence Dorfman?

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Nope. Sounds interesting though.

I'm British, so I just rely on my own dry sense of humour and natural snarkyness. ;D
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:18 pm

I rely on my irl sarcasm and my tendency to dog people irl during art classes xD

Even the teachers are surprised.

Which is why most of my characters are either cynical or deadpan snarkers :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Wow Sam, what a delinquent you are! :x

I'm too nice to use sarcasm that much.

I mainly just use it on my little sister :) Me and her are terribly sarcastic to one another, if only to show how much we really love hate love each other...anyone outside of the family would wonder why we're so cruel to one another.

And I do love your cynical characters, Sam :3
Time Lady

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Name: Alice Sapphire Strom (Yes, my initials spell ass)

Deadpan Cynical(Goofy)Biting (such a comedian)

Short Answer Questions
Questions One:

"Oh, he lives down the block in the big black house. Go probe him, he loves it."

"I was captured by aliens who wanted to take over the world and probe the leader's ass. Can I have ham and cheese in my omelette?"

Question Three:
Say something witty.
Something witty
Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Outside of a dog, a book is probably man’s best friend, and inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.
Sorry, once I start going, I can't stop.
Last edited by Belwicket on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby sam4books » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Wow Sam, what a delinquent you are! :x

I'm too nice to use sarcasm that much.

I mainly just use it on my little sister :) Me and her are terribly sarcastic to one another, if only to show how much we really love hate love each other...anyone outside of the family would wonder why we're so cruel to one another.

And I do love your cynical characters, Sam :3

You'd be surprised ;D

And thanks, I love them too :3

But yeah, being cruel just 'cuz can be fun. But I'm only sarcastic towards people I know well enough to insult without hurting any feelings. Whenever I despise someone I'm usually very blunt in my comments if they irk me enough. Otherwise I pretend to be nice.
In passing

Postby Keiran » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm surprisingly snarky, I'm just really quiet about it, and then people stare because they realize 'OHSHITSHECANTALK!!'

Postby sam4books » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Lol, for me it's OHSHITSAMSWORE.
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:13 pm

The cutie panda avatar might be what throws them off. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby sam4books » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Lol, maybe.

Or the fact I was completely innocent during the first few years of high school xD

Oh, and guys, I just got prank called o.o

Lol.

The guy almost had me going too, until he started snickering near the end.

Apparently he found a phone at an airport or something.

But it could also be true since my dad recently lost his phone on a cab and who knows where those things end up.

But I'm calling bullshit until I show him the caller's number.
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Call back.

Really, prank calls are kinda just great moments of idiocy these days with all the call-back features and ways to check numbers. XD

Unless you use a pay phone on the street. *taps chin*
Demon of Elru

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Ro, I'm gonna prank call you!
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby sam4books » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Ro Wong wrote:Call back.

Really, prank calls are kinda just great moments of idiocy these days with all the call-back features and ways to check numbers. XD

Unless you use a pay phone on the street. *taps chin*

I'm tempted to. But I'm going to wait until my dad calls me on the pay phone and I'll ask him the phone number of his cell just in case.
In passing

Postby Garethcool » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Reserved. So much reserved.

Name: Percival T. Snatzworth

Deadpan Cynical ((Goofy)) Biting

Short Answer Questions
Questions One:

"One would be led to believe that earth has no leaders, but believe them not! We hail those one the machines in the room with a large squishy seating device. The one known as 'Just-in Bee-fur' is the lord of all females ranging from 10-18 and he would be a wise choice to take."

"I was out with my mates playing a rather joyous game of handegg when a rather strange occurrence happened. In the wee hours of the morning I was taken from the field at which we participated in aforementioned sport and I was just released recently. Are those delicious omelettes I smell?"

Question Three:
Say something witty.

The term 'Something Witty' comes to mind, but I prefer much more... mature forms of comedy. Two men walked into a bar, the third man ducked.
Last edited by Garethcool on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Next

Return to Role Playing