where is everyone?

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: where is everyone?

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 am

Well you guys are older than me after all, I'm just 16 year old who still a sophomore in high school.

I feel out of my age just posting this. Kind of like the way you are right now, having so much netiquette and all. I'd prefer to think of my peers as small brained, dim-witted dumbasses who try to be fucking mature, which happened today.

At least it feels good to be different. Still it sucks that all the other older people are becoming adults and eventually become too busy with whatever's in front of them or something. I would say it would be impossible to have a 2nd-Gen Snafu forum with members that succeed the last, so I doubt this place will ever be alive soon should it happen that everyone here left the forum for good.
"Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust the little inner voice when it talks to you." ~ unknown
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 am

You don't know how much I relate to that. I always felt like the odd man out of a pack of self centered dolts in high school... It only occurred to me during my junior year though, and it became apparent how childish plenty of the people around me were. Comparing myself then to me now, I was nothing though... I think over the past 5 years, I've grown up (figuratively) by leaps and bounds.

Hey, I'm an adult and try not to have a care in the world :D I worry about stuff like nobodies business, but it doesn't stop me from feeling good. And it's definitely fun to be different. I would know. I have hope for a next gen of Snafu-goers though. If not me, who else would? We just gotta make sure Bleedman keeps pulling people in and Bloodlord and the gang stay entertaining until they know how to do it themselves! It's how I got here and stayed.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 am

pwned-by-twilight wrote:We just gotta make sure Bleedman keeps pulling people in and Bloodlord and the gang stay entertaining until they know how to do it themselves! It's how I got here and stayed.

Eh that's more talking about the site in general. This particular section was never(historically) particularly keen on Bleedman, nor was Blood Lord someone associated with the Snafu section. BL is more a Bleedman and Everafter section guy.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby DaCrum » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 am

I always think of him as a spamite. Once and always right?
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:48 am

DaCrum wrote:I always think of him as a spamite. Once and always right?

Yeah true, he was quite active in Spam, too.

His "farewell" post was in EA section though, so that says a bit about how he identifies himself.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:36 am

Rival wrote:
pwned-by-twilight wrote:We just gotta make sure Bleedman keeps pulling people in and Bloodlord and the gang stay entertaining until they know how to do it themselves! It's how I got here and stayed.

Eh that's more talking about the site in general. This particular section was never(historically) particularly keen on Bleedman, nor was Blood Lord someone associated with the Snafu section. BL is more a Bleedman and Everafter section guy.

I suspect quite a few people came to the Snafu section after "growing out of" Bleedman. I know I did, I vaguely remember some other people, and suspect some others.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:16 am

I was one.

Growing out of Bleedman was made even easier considering that long hiatus he went on right around that time lol
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:26 pm

I still follow the comics, so don't know if I can say I've "grown out" of them. But I did, in the sense, that I don't particularly care/look forward to what happens with the stories/characters in most of his comics. GT especially just doesn't work for me.

I won't deny I joined the site in 2004 cause of the PPGD. 18 years old, dumb as fuck, horrible English, googly-eyed idealism. Don't particularly like remembering how I was back then.

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:35 pm

i was definitely worse. i was - what - 14?
i reckon my grammar was better back then, though, because i gave more of a shit. i was an annoying little faggot till, like, 2 years ago. and i mean in general, too, not just on the forum.
thank god i'm so awesome now.
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby BobSagat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 pm

OH MY GAWD GUISE, CAN YOU IMAGINE, DEXTERxBLOSSOM! SQUEAL
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 pm

@Grey Well you had young age as an excuse. You were a good member for a 14 yeard old.

Holy shit, i just noticed I used the words "particular and particularly" 4 times in just 2 posts. I really have to step-up my vocabulary.
BobSagat wrote:OH MY GAWD GUISE, CAN YOU IMAGINE, DEXTERxBLOSSOM! SQUEAL

Even in my worst days I was not a shipper, thankfully.

Postby Jay » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Yeah, that ship's just silly.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Vegedus » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

I sometimes consider starting reading the comics again, but ehhhh...

And considering most of us joined at a way younger age than you, pfff, pfff, I say to you, Rival. It'd be weird for me to look down upon me at 18, considering that was just 3 years ago, but I guess I did get in a lot of discussion shit storms at that time.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 pm

I rarely grow out of things, even with delays like that comic hiatus a lot of people had a while back... I'm still into all the old shows I used to watch when I was a kid, I hold onto all my old systems (like my precious Sega Genesis), and I still have my old kids hair cut... I'm sorry, but this Beatles hair NEVER gets out of style! The only thing I got tired of was Gaiaonline, mainly because deviantART proved t give me ten times more fun than any avatar could.

I remember getting into Bleedman back when I was a freshman-sophomore, so about 4-5 years ago. He's even half the reason I joined dA, so I could watch him! But then I saw Endling's work, then everyone else's. I got into making comics, but mainly for OCT contests like Endling was a part of, and even hosted.

Rival wrote:Eh that's more talking about the site in general. This particular section was never(historically) particularly keen on Bleedman, nor was Blood Lord someone associated with the Snafu section. BL is more a Bleedman and Everafter section guy.

I only put it in those words because they're the reason why I came and stuck around for the beginning of my stay here. They made it fun, and when things slowed down here on the site, I hung on. Maybe this sort of thing only applies to me though. I hate just abandoning something when I'm not done with it. I feel there's so much to experience here, and still more to come. Heck, this is the first real site where I've been a part of the boards.
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:17 pm

pwned-by-twilight wrote:You don't know how much I relate to that. I always felt like the odd man out of a pack of self centered dolts in high school... It only occurred to me during my junior year though, and it became apparent how childish plenty of the people around me were. Comparing myself then to me now, I was nothing though... I think over the past 5 years, I've grown up (figuratively) by leaps and bounds.

Hey, I'm an adult and try not to have a care in the world :D I worry about stuff like nobodies business, but it doesn't stop me from feeling good. And it's definitely fun to be different. I would know.

I find my presence neglected for awhile back in middle school, but it's becoming more apparent. Eventually, I'll have to take action. Also, I'm outspoken, so I'll need more willpower and a louder voice. Being different is fun like you said. And you're lucky you don't have to worry about all of this anymore as an adult because there are more juvenile delinquents attending my school, which causes me to keep my guard up.

And yeah, I guess I can't understand how much you can relate to this stuff. It sucks being a teen now for me. Have ever worked alone sometimes?

Rival wrote:
BobSagat wrote:OH MY GAWD GUISE, CAN YOU IMAGINE, DEXTERxBLOSSOM! SQUEAL

Even in my worst days I was not a shipper, thankfully.

I couldn't agree more 5 years from now. First post, never started at the Bleedman forum. With all the noobs making dumb threads in the Bleedman forum, I see all these locked threads then which makes the forum look like someone puked AIDS on it since the Xs reminds me of those HIV cells.
"Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust the little inner voice when it talks to you." ~ unknown
Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:I find my presence neglected for awhile back in middle school, but it's becoming more apparent. Eventually, I'll have to take action. Also, I'm outspoken, so I'll need more willpower and a louder voice. Being different is fun like you said. And you're lucky you don't have to worry about all of this anymore as an adult because there are more juvenile delinquents attending my school, which causes me to keep my guard up.

And yeah, I guess I can't understand how much you can relate to this stuff. It sucks being a teen now for me. Have ever worked alone sometimes?

I never really had a middle school experience. I was a bit of a troubled child, despite being very bright, so... remedial class and such. Still, when I got to High School, I breezed through classes, even though I never got all the learning everyone got in regular classes. I was actually supposed to skip three grades anyways, so it made sense why. I also learned to be more outgoing in high school as well, even one of those guys that joined clubs and partook in competitions like talent shows. I was way more quite before then, but I magically came out my shell one day...

And don't talk to me about delinquents... Half my school was just that. Some didn't even speak English. I was big though, so not a lot of people messed with me that way. Heck, I'm more scared walking home than I ever was going to school. I sort of live in the ghetto...

Yeah, I ended up being a lone wolf for most of my time in school. I made plenty of more "eccentric" friends, or even with people others would call the "cool kids", but I never hung out with just one group. I didn't need to be around people, but I could if I wanted to.
Rosso Rose wrote:I couldn't agree more 5 years from now. First post, never started at the Bleedman forum. With all the noobs making dumb threads in the Bleedman forum, I see all these locked threads then which makes the forum look like someone puked AIDS on it since the Xs reminds me of those HIV cells.

Well, I think it's a lot easier for the younger or less knowing of good netiquette to squirm their way into that forum with the style of art that section it entails. Weeabo-fun is okay in moderation, but sometimes people just don't know when to quite. I started there though, so it shows there's potential... I hope... maybe? I don't really know how people here think of me here, so...
An Optimist

Postby zepherin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 pm

My school had a zero tolerance policy on bullying that it actually enforced. Essentially Hazing, Harassment, sexual harassment, intimidation, hate speach and a slew of other things were expellable offenses and in some cases the police officer at the school would arrest the kid and charge them with a felony. And after Columbine which was about ten miles away. They put security at ever entrance and every intersection for the last two years I was there.

There wasn't a lot of bullying as far as I could tell. Also we had a nerdy school which helped. football team had 40 people, and the band had 115 people. With the choir kids and theater people the nerdy kids were about a quarter to a third of the school depending on which year I was there.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:59 pm

i live in london
there are many different schools in this city
i went to one filled with thugs and hoodlums
the run-up to fireworks night required you to run from class to class to avoid getting a roman candle in the face

but i thrived after i was done in that school
you just gotta not be lame and then you're awesome
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Pretty much just that at my school too. There were plenty of kids that got pranked, canned, etc. here. Once the entire school was vandalized and we missed 2-3 days of school. Messed up door nods unable to be opened, tagged walls, toilet paper, smashed toilets, the works. I got a few things done to me too until my Sophomore year. By then I lived up to the legend of our school. Basically everyone who has this specific name there automatically was considered cool. True fax. Everyone one of them who shared my name at my school were awesome people to hang with, ranging from football to chorus. Just all around good people.
An Optimist

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 pm

SUPER sorry everyone. SharkRobot is owning my life right now. But it's a good thing promise. Business is booming and it's getting bigger every year. But I'm REALLY failing on making comics. But I'm in the process of hiring another artist so hopefully we can get some more of my comics going soon.

As for forums I SUPER miss being on them all the time. But forums were fun to hang out in when I was drawing the comics all the time and on the computer anyways. Now I'm working in the "real world" with t-shirts and things and not necessary so digitally all the time.

The upside is things really are starting to not need me so much at SharkRobot so hopefully I can focus on Snafu again soon. Sorry again for neglecting my Snafu duties. But they're being neglected for really good reason. We've never been doing better. But managing several companies at once is stressful and time consuming.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Oh shit, it's Dave. O___o

Good luck with everything, though.
Don't lose your way.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Stufflikehearts wrote:Oh shit, it's Dave. O___o

Good luck with everything, though.

I had the same exact reaction...

And I'm glad I was able to be here to see this post... It brings me so much hope... Good to here you the possibly positive new Dave! ... Just saying "possibly" so I don't get my hopes too high up...
An Optimist

Postby BobSagat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 am

oshititsdave

Middle school was a fucking horrible place for me. It was a pretty divided school with smart kids in the "advanced" class and the dumbass bruisers in the "regular" class. There was always a fight or something going on, glad to say I only got mixed up in that crap a few times and usually on the better off.

Then high school came and it was like ponies everywhere. Cleanest, most respectable, dandy place you can imagine. Tiny too so everyone knew everyone. It was really jarring how big the difference was.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Rival » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 am

pwned-by-twilight wrote:The only thing I got tired of was Gaiaonline, mainly because deviantART proved t give me ten times more fun than any avatar could.

Eww, sorry but both Gaia and DA are some of the most rabid, fanboyish, circlejerking and generally horrible communities on the Internet. Gaia especially produces some of the worst Internet dwellers in existence.

Still admitting you were part of Gaia, in this day and age, requires some balls so I'll give you some respect for "keeping it real".
Dave wrote:SUPER sorry everyone. SharkRobot is owning my life right now. But it's a good thing promise. Business is booming and it's getting bigger every year. But I'm REALLY failing on making comics. But I'm in the process of hiring another artist so hopefully we can get some more of my comics going soon.

As for forums I SUPER miss being on them all the time. But forums were fun to hang out in when I was drawing the comics all the time and on the computer anyways. Now I'm working in the "real world" with t-shirts and things and not necessary so digitally all the time.

The upside is things really are starting to not need me so much at SharkRobot so hopefully I can focus on Snafu again soon. Sorry again for neglecting my Snafu duties. But they're being neglected for really good reason. We've never been doing better. But managing several companies at once is stressful and time consuming.

That's fine mate. Most of us understood as much anyway.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:54 am

Yeah, dA does have its share of trolls, sparkledogs, attention whores, etc., but it's still a respectable art site where even big time programmers, cartoonists and such post their work and where I can get my OCT action on! Then the fact most of the comic artists are there makes it hard to knock entirely. It can't be any worse or unorganized than 4chan, can it? *feels a sense of foresight that that last sentence is inviting a lecture*

And thanks, mate. Never been a man to tell it any other way.
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion