A Touch of Evil v2 OOC. Sign-ups Open.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: A Touch of Evil v2 OOC

Postby Keiran » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Finished and posted in my spot.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 pm

What exactly are the effects of being possessed? What type of demons are there? would being possessed by a fire demon let me shoot fireballs out of my eyes so to speak? And would it be possible that certain demons take an interest in a demonologist and start "following" them (i.e. talking to them, whispering stuff)?
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:16 pm

@Asmodai: Do you intend to be a ranged character or a melee character, Asmodai?

And yes, they do, but they only do that in an attempt to woo a naive demonologist to allow them full access to their body and eventually kill the demonologist and take their body permanently. Demons are not nice to those who dabble in their magic.

@Keiran: Accepted, but I'd like to talk to you a little about your character before the game starts.

Postby Keiran » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 pm

Alright, PM me anytime.

Postby Glacier » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 pm

This looks interesting. I'll have something up tomorrow.

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Character Sheet

Name: Victor V. Vance
Codename: Mask Rider Pluto

Character Type: Gadget

Specialization: Stunt Driving.

Appearance:

Victor

Victor has platinum blond hair, short hair. He wears tinted rose colored spectacles. For clothing, Victor wears a white short sleeve dress shirt with a red tie hanging loosely around his neck with tan color dress pants. The shoes, he has on are causal sneakers, black and white are their color, and for laces, their black as well.

The Armor

The Armor, whenever Victor activates the BMA process, main color scheme is silver and black. The shoulder's have spikes, two, pointing towards the farthest corner. The knuckles are rounded bumps so that their is no piercing or cutting. The helmet's shape is similar to a knight's. The eyes, they are an electric blue, with a narrow look to them. The roman symbol for Pluto is black and is on the right breast of his armor.

Weaponry:

Victor V. Vance is one of the nine specially chosen Operatives for the Mask Rider Project. The reason being, is that they use two percent more of their brains, thus surviving the BMA process without losing their sanity or transforming into hideous monstrosities. The BMA process mutants the body of the user and forms a bio armor of a sorts for said user. Each BMA varies from person to person much like a person's genes, so each Operative under the project have a different alternate form and abilities.

---> Slot 1 PSP <Changer> : They have actually managed to shrunk the huge machine into a more portable hand held device for the BMA process. The hand held device in question is a disguised PSP. To transform Victor into his alternate form, all he needs to do is select a certain mode and place it on his belt. Now in this transformed state, Victor is quite protected within his armor. It handles explosives, ice blasts, and impact damage from cars to steel bars. He has more endurance than regular soldiers in the armor.

--->Disc 1 <Phantom Fighter> Once the disc is inserted, Victor's armor changes color scheme. Purple and Black, are the colors, the fingers become circular shaped and look like little nozzles. He's even able to spray different types of gases, from something acidic to something noxious. For a short time, Victor, can even transform his physical solid body into a gaseous state to escape out of traps or to move with quick speed, for example. It was also useful for stealth missions, as in the gaseous state, Victor makes no noises as he's basically smoke or mist and is able to hide virtually anywhere in a room.

--->Disc 2 <Explosive Gladiator> Once the disc is inserted, Victor's armor changes color scheme. Dark Green and Blue, are the colors and is the most defensive disc compared with the Phantom and Robo. In this mode, Victor is able to withstand explosives at close range and is armed with the M32 Grenade Launcher and the H&K 40mm Grenade Pistol. Despite the protective armor, its considerably lightweight allowing Victor to move around freely. This mode comes with robotic spider drones and heli-drones for spying on the ground and air. For close combat, a sledge hammer, made out of the same alloy as the armor.

--->Disc 3 < Robo Warrior> Once the disc is inserted, Victor's armor changes color scheme. Red and Yellow, are the colors. His gauntlets are bear claws, hidden until Victor triggers them. For a weapon, Victor is armed with the 50 Beowulf, and a fully automatic AA-12 shotgun, and both are especially dangerous if Victor is in this mode. In this mode, Victor has an advanced targeting system, allowing him shoot off a fly's wing at 150 yards and scan his enemies and pretty much anything else to find flaws or weaknesses to exploit, all with the incredible reflexes to match it.

--->Slot 2: Motorcycle w/ a side car attached to his ride. The motorcycle and the sidecar are fully automatic as they can be driven, using the PSP. The tire treads of the motorcycle wheels alter with a press of an button for different road conditions. Attached to the side car is a powerful weapon, the XM 307, known for its low recoil, rapid fire, and explosive smart rounds. Great for taking care of snipers, a lot of targets, and very big targets. The XM 307 on the sidecar can also be controlled by the PSP.

--->Slot 3: UND3R W0R1D Memory Stick <Finisher>: Thanks to the booster, Victor become invisible, able to blend into the surrounding area and wields the Ether punishment, scythe and chain. The scythe and chain, is a hammer and scythe, which hammer explodes into more chains, chains that black with each link has spikes, bind enemies by ripping into them, the spikes can pierce the toughest demon skin. Once the enemies are bound by the hellish chains, its drains them dry out of their magical power to empower the scythe so Victor can decapitate the enemies with it.

--->Slot 4: Cerberus, the hell hound of Pluto <Robotic Companion>: Ceberus is Victor's robotic hell hound, summoned by a command on the PSP much like his ride. It is much like the mythology, a three headed dog, however, its able to claw and bite through the toughest materials for attacking or to get to Victor. It's only weapon, seems to be housed its mouths, a M110 sniper rifle, which it has to base for recoil before shooting. It also functions as Victor's Ether Censor, there by tracking an enemy unit.

--->Slot 5:

--->Weapon --> Tavor Assault Rifle, a smaller automatic rifle, made for urban warfare. It's as accurate as a sniper rifle and matches firepower with a machine gun. Attached to it, is a laser sight, which helps the shooter, Victor, hit a target at 300 meters.

Background:

The masked rider project's sole purpose was to developed a special force to handle out of uncontrolled situations. To be the heavy artillery, when super humans aren't enough to contain a problem. Only a few selected applicants were chosen to be one of their riders, Victor was among them and the final selection.

To Victor, he couldn't imagine why he was selected in the first place. He's not gun-ho or a hardcore operative like some of the others. A standard agent, who follow orders and does basic field work. Certainly, Victor was trained to shoot and to fight, but he is pretty much average to everyone else.

Additional Training:

-Marksmanship
-Close quarters combat
-Advanced Training ( A gift from Soul)
    Thanks to the Advanced Training from his organization and an upgrade was made to his PSP. By a press of a button, he can inject himself with a dose of adrenaline or painkillers for quick healing.

Notes:

BMA --> Binary Mutation Armor
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Karo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

Character Sheet

Name: Aureli Valerin

Character Type: Demonology

Specialization: Plague

Appearance: Aureli is a thin, short girl with deathly pale skin and a sheet of long black hair. She looks almost like a vampire, like there is no blood running through her veins, an apt appearance for someone who uses their blood to fight. She also looks almost as if she were malnourished, standing no higher than 5 feet tall and weighing a meager hundred pounds, she looks like skin and bones with nothing in between. In contrast to that her hair is a deep vibrant black, hanging in a straight shining sheet to the middle of her back, revealing that she is much healthier than she looks. Large dark blue eyes are the most striking feature on her face, her high, sharp cheekbones and small nose seem to vanish when staring her in the eye. Her clothes are relatively simple, she wears all black, generally a plain black tanktop, a slightly frilly black skirt that ends just above her knees, with a slightly large studded belt looped loosely around her waist. She likes to wear heavy-looking knee high leather boots with thick silver buckles all the way up with this outfit. Other than that, the only other thing that covers her is soft linen bandages that wrap all the way up both her arms. She covers her arms for the safety and comfort of others, as her arms are covered in scars and scabs.

Weaponry: Aureli has two weapons she uses, one is a small obsidian knife that hangs from the back of her belt. The stone knife has only one use, it is the blade she uses to cut herself open and to unleash her plague magic on others. The blade is razor sharp, the tip is almost like a needle, and the only time it comes into contact with anyone other than herself is if she manages to catch them unawares. The chiseled blade is pockmarked on both sides, perfect for catching and holding blood, so Aureli cleans it meticulously between each use, so as each magic she uses will be pure. Her other weapon is a plain broadsword with a blood channel down the center. The blade is brightly polished, but the simple crossbar hilt is a burnished bronze, with no decoration whatsoever. Unlike her knife, this weapon is merely a tool to extend her reach in a fight. She generally smears her blood down each side of the blade before using it, and uses a white cloth pulled from inside the many frilly folds of her underskirt (she has several pockets full of bandages hiding there, to give more volume to her skirt) to clean the sword when she is done with it.

Personality: Aureli is a quiet and serious girl, if not for her large boots she would be able to easily sneak up on people like a ghost. She rarely speaks to people she does not know, and her light and somewhat cute voice is at odds with her appearance. She is not unfriendly, she just has trouble putting her thoughts into words. When she does speak, she generally relies on hand gestures and pointing to get her ideas across. She has a bad habit of staring at people, which generally unnerves people who do not know her well. The few that do know her well enjoy her company, mainly because she listens without interrupting or judging the speaker. She enjoys just taking things in and contemplating things in, and takes life at a slow pace. She genuinely cares about the people around her, and will go out of her way to make sure that she never comes into physical contact with others, just to be positive that she never accidentally spreads her magic around.

Background: Aureli was from birth a very quiet child, and much smaller than most other children. Her skills with plague magic came to her easily, as both of her parents were plague demonologists as well. Her father was just as quiet as she was, and it was he who taught her that her blood was special, if combined with the right magic. She learned the theory quickly, and soon her mother began to teach her how to put the theory into practice. FIrst her mother would show her what the magic would do on one of the many small rodents that infested their backyard, then she would have Aureli copy the technique until she passed out or mastered the technique. They started with small effects, building a solid understanding of the demon magic in the girl. She had several small scars by the time she started school, and came home with new cuts every day. She had no problems with the material, or her teachers, and had a rather small group of close friends that she helped when they were having trouble with their homework. She was given her first weapon, her obsidian knife was given to her by her parents for remaining the top of her class for several years in a row.

When she was about 8, her friends began disappearing, one by one. When she asked her parents where her friends went, and when she could see them again. Her parents sat her down and explained to her about the shadow mages, and how they kidnapped and killed children to increase their own powers. This made the level-headed girl so angry that she began to cry, swearing that she would hunt down every shadow mage she could and stop them from hurting other kids in memory of her friends, who were quite likely already dead. Her parents were quite surprised, the girl had never shown that much emotion about anything so easily before. And after that night, she never did again. The studious girl worked even harder, plugging away at memorizing techniques she had no hope of using without killing herself, and ever widening the gap between herself and her classmates. After school, instead of playing with other children her age, she went to various instructors, learning to fight with both knife and sword, as well as a mixed form of martial arts for unarmed combat. She spent ten years following this routine, and graduated at the top of her class, ready to begin her promise

Additional Training: She uses a combination of Tae Kwon Do and Karate to protect herself. She is roughly a red belt in both forms of martial arts. On top of that, she is trained in basic sword form and knife fighting. She augments these fighting styles with her plague magic to weaken, disorient and distract her opponents.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Soul » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:42 am

Karo and MM are accepted.

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 am

I may need to update, Vance's weaponry.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:55 am

SoulScavenger wrote:@Asmodai: Do you intend to be a ranged character or a melee character, Asmodai?

And yes, they do, but they only do that in an attempt to woo a naive demonologist to allow them full access to their body and eventually kill the demonologist and take their body permanently. Demons are not nice to those who dabble in their magic.

Well going either melee or ranged kinda depends on the demon possessing me, right? But for just my character, I'm going for melee.
One Demonologist that hears whispers and sees a creepy lady, coming up
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:06 pm

For what you're going to be doing you could be both, the main attribute of the demon you get, and you get it by type, is what you recieve.

For example if you wish to steal power from a fire demon you will gain the ability to control demonic fire for a limited time. If you want to bind a fiend then you'll gain a lot of muscle, and become very durable but slow.

Since we have three characters and are about to get two or three more we will most likely start tomorrow or friday before I go to work, but definately this weekend if neither of those days. Unlike last time you will all be starting together. Keep in mind if we start without you finishing or posting a CS you still can finish your CS and get in. Sign-ups will be open in the beginning but will most likely close later in the game.

Also, I can't remember if I said this in the first post, but you will all need to work together, bosses in this RP are far from easy and will require teamwork to defeat.

Postby Keiran » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:18 pm

No problem dude, my Adalrich is very empathetic.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Yeah I'm working on my CS either tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow... I wanna try and write out an insanely long history again, like I did in Just Between You and Me :3
Mephobiac

Postby Glacier » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 pm

So much for today. I'm going superhuman though. I'll dream up a gadget tonight or at work tomorrow.

Postby Garethcool » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 pm

I've got 2 in the works and they should be up tonight if the creative spark sticks around.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Villain » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 am

Hey Soul, I'm nearly done with my character I should have him up tommorow if everything goes according to plan.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

Victor V. Vance is updated. Damn, I was hoping to rider it up with Muse, maybe someone else, I hope.
More Robots

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:17 pm

One last question (seriously, why am I always asking so many questions with every RP? It always seems like I'm the only one >.>), does the demonologist pick the demon they want to be possessed by? Or is that all a matter of random luck?
I.e can I choose to sap a fire demon if I were pitted against a ice user, or would there also be a chance to get something useless?

And how does one get possessed? Is it a ritual that involves a certain chant, a focus item, or just simply closing ones eyes and wish?

I want to be thorough, and not make stuff up that the GM didnt had in mind.
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Well I was going to PM this to you when you finished your sheet but I guess it'd be good information for everyone to have.

You choose the type, but you can not choose the specific demon. Keep in mind that even if they are the same type of demon they may specialize in different things. So if you choose fire and take from a fire demon it will be random on if you'll be: Melee or ranged, elemental fire, hellfire or baleflame, color of abilities, and physical attribute increased.

When you entered the school and proved that you could easily summon demons they decided to take a knife and carve a bunch of runes into your body that would allow you to control the demon's power once you summoned its spirit into yours. Of course these runes were also traced with tattoo markings so they don't look like hideous scars or your character could cover them with some basic cosmetics. Instead of using an actual spell to summon demons you essentially force them into your body with your will. If you had to relate it to something they'd be most like a sorcerer or ur-priest from DnD 3.5 except with DEMONS.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Also, MUST your character be a student? I was kinda hoping for my character to be a teacher, since I had him planned on being at least 45 :3

sorry about all these questions >.>
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I would really prefer if you were a student. IF you were a teacher then the beginning would be to easy, and would have to make things harder to compensate for the years of experience your character would have making it unbalanced for the other magical players.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:37 pm

okidoki, just a small change then... I'll have my sheet up by tomorrow
Mephobiac

Postby Musicmac » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Gah, too tempted by MM's PM for making a Kamen Rider. D:
WIP.

Character Sheet

Name : Tashoku 'Terrence' Nisei, prefers the name Terrence or occasionally, Nisei.
Codename: Masked Rider X

Character Type : Masked Rider Operative
Specialization : Gadget

Appearance :
Normal
Terrence stands exactly at 6ft for height with an average build. His chestnut brown hair is the only common trait which he shares with his relatives and parents. He often wears a simple black trench coat with similarities to a military jacket. Inside, he wears a simple purple dress shirt. His pants and leather shoes are both also black in color, and he sometimes has on a white scarf of average length. One of the few things that make him stand out is his modified Walkman X, which hangs comfortably on the right side of his waist on a metal clip.

MRX Battlearmor
When the MAD card is inserted into his XReader, his MRX Battlearmor is brought out of his body and materializes itself automatically to protect his body. It consists of a suit made of an indestructible and almost skin-tight material, a helmet and the main armor which protects him. The helmet is round and has a large X shaped pattern on it. The X extends into small fins on the top, which acts as antennas used to communicate with headquarters. White glass which acts as a visor fills up most of his face, except for a quarter at the top of the helmet. A silver plate covers his jaw and mouth, with patterns resembling shark teeth on it. His chest piece is almost the same, white with a large black X in the middle and extends to the shoulder plates which point slightly upwards. Two white lines run across both his legs and arms downwards where it splits into five lines at his knuckles, with protective gloves and boots which are white in color.

The standard equipment which comes into use when he is in his default form of armor, Terrence is given the Xslasher, an elegant sword which slices his foes with a blade made of concentrated energy and Xblaster, a small modified Desert Eagle Mark XIX which fires shots made of pure energy capable of dealing good damage against average opponents. The Xspeed card allows him to boost his running speed for effectiveness in battle, lasting only a short 30 seconds before wearing off its effects. These are normally used by Terrence until he feels the need to switch forms and weapons.

Weaponry :
Himself.
An alternative to the Masked Riders who form their armors through the BMA process, a new type of Masked Rider was created and added a new member to the team, Terrence himself. Picked out of a long list of candidates for his outstanding results gathered from his records, Terrence was offered the chance to train himself into the first Rider to use the MAD process where they would store data inside of Riders rather than outside. As they went further down the road, they discovered that Terrence had far more potential than they had expected, causing them to skip the unneeded steps and quicken their project. The final stage of the project, used Superhuman facilities to genetically alter Terrence's cerebral cortex, enhancing his senses, thought process and giving him the ability to store his armor inside his own DNA. An obvious side effect stemmed from this unfortunately, giving him cross-shaped pupils whenever brain activity increased more than a normal human's. Proof that he was a MAD Rider.

Equipment 1 - XReader, Card Deck and Master Activation Data card
Having already managed shrinking down the equipment used for the BMA process, the MAD process required even less space due to the fact that most of it was already inside Terrence himself. The XReader is actually Terrence's modified Walkman X, which is actually a cassette player with touchscreen functions. When summoning his armor, a large belt appears around his waist with a slot in the middle. Having inserted his XReader with his MAD card, the armor appears and materializes on his body with the proper information received from the MAD's barcode. The cassette player itself transforms into a much more sleeker object with a small slot for putting in his cards. His Card Deck, a small black object which opens when needed, stores all his cards.

Cards Set 1 - Flame's Edge [Dragonblade and Dragontongue]
When inserted, Flame's Edge changes the MRX Battlearmor into a color of red and gold. Terrence is granted incredible strength and speed, letting him take on foes more easily. He is also granted the Dragonblade and Dragontongue weapon cards, which give him access to a large sabre of unrivaled burning sharpness and a flamethrowing gauntlet which can literally incinerate foes into a pile of ash. The flaws in this mode however, is his lack of defense and reflexes for the more trickier and long-ranged variety of enemies.

Cards Set 2 - Storm's Edge [Thunderclaws, Gaussshooter, Windbreaker and Illusion]
When inserted, Storm's Edge changes the MRX Battlearmor into a color of blue and silver. Terrence is turned into a human lightning rod along with being granted a sixth sense called the 'Gyroscope' which gives him incredible reflexes and manipulation in movement, letting him dodge enemy attacks and easily counter them. He is also granted the Thunderclaw and Gaussshooter weapon cards, which give him access to a pair of large metal claws capable of delivering shocking attacks and a modified H&K MP7 capable of firing bolts of electricity to fry his enemies. The Windbreaker and Illusion cards are used to further his versatility in combat by creating a dome of wind capable of deflecting almost any attack and creating 8 mirrored copies of himself respectively. The flaws in this mode however, is his lack of strength and defense which leaves him extremely weak against the more resilient and larger variety of enemies.

Cards Set 3 - Mountain's Edge [Shatteraxe, Harbinger, Scorpion]
When inserted, Mountain's Edge changes the MRX Battlearmor into a color of purple and gold, with large iron plates layered on his shoulders, back and legs. Terrence is granted a godly amount defense and durability to attacks, letting him shake of bullets as if they were BB pellets. He is also granted the Shatteraxe, Harbinger and Scorpion weapon cards, which give him access to a large axe capable of smashing through even the most thickest of shields, a modified arm-mounted M134 Minigun which fires bullets made of ionic energies, and a pair of shoulder-mounted missile launchers which fire high-impact explosive pulse rockets. The flaws in this mode however, is his lack of speed, which makes him a sitting duck for the more sneakier of enemies.

Final Card - Final Edge
The Final Edge card is used to finish off foes with a concentrated form of attack. Whichever form or weapon he uses in conjunction with the Final Edge card will make a large difference in results.

Equipment 3 - MRX Assault Bike
The MRX Assualt Bike is Terrence's form of transportation, a sleek motorbike which changes colors depending on his MRX Battlearmor's current form. It also has a weapons and defense system consisting of a pair of compact quad cannons which fire armor-piercing bullets meant for use against vehicles and enemies in cover. It also has an advanced tracking system which utilizes a small disk-shaped tracker.

Background :
Born in the land of the rising sun, Terrence lived in the quite countryside of Hiroshima with his father and mother. He was a single child back then, an average student going to an average school and living an average life. He had simple dreams and goals, deciding to always stay by his parent's side and pursue a good honorable career, law enforcement was a good example.

The turning point of his life came soon however, when his father was killed in a crossfire between a possessed Demonologist and Priests of the Vengeful Father. He was already in his early 20s by then, working hard as a local policeman to support his family. The worst of it was the fact that he had seen it with his own eyes, as his father was ripped to shreds by a monstrosity his gun was unable to take down. He cried for two straight nights after the incident, with his mother shocked to the point of going into a state of coma. The peaceful life he once had was shattered and completely lost.

At the day of his father's funeral, Terrence looked over the grave of his American father with a grim face. He was gone forever from his life now, nothing but a distant memory. A gloved hand placed itself on his shoulder and a voice spoke to him, of regrets and pity. Terrence didn't bother looking back, his sadness was too heavy for him to even talk. But then his ears caught the whispers of an offer, one that would be able to help him leave it all behind.

Additional Training :
-Technological Engineering and Systems Cracking
-Skilled in urban warfare with amazing skill in Close Quarters Combat, Marksmanship and Swordsmanship
-Fluent in both Japanese and English
Last edited by Musicmac on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 am, edited 10 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:32 am

Soul, I took a few liberties on the world. Let me know if I've overstepped any bounds here, or if I need to change something before you will accept me.

Touch of Evil v2 Character Sheet

Name: Samuel Gately

Character Type: Priest

Specialization: Healing

Appearance: 16 years of age. 5'6". Pale skinned, handsome and unblemished. His hair naturally grows light brown but it fades black toward the tips; people usually think he has died it but that is not the case. He trims his hair a little every other day to keep it at roughly the same length, long enough to cover his eyes and ears, but not his nose. With his eyes covered he looks quite gothic. If he moves the hair away from his eyes, they are sharp, and bright purple, which is one of the reasons why he hides them. He wears a fine, black, cotton, long-sleeved, ankle-length robe, a charcoal shirt, sweats, and special dress shoes. He wears a hand-sized sterling silver rosary on a regular steel chain with an amethyst in the center. His shoes look like dress shoes but are made of a carbon-steel alloy (black) with rubber soles. In essence, he looks like a Goth priest.

Despite his appearance, he is athletic, and very good at close-quarters combat, but he is by no means a master.

Weaponry: His robes hide an extendable baton in the sleeves, and a pair of studded leather gloves in one of the breast pockets.

Personality: A thinker, very observant. Hardly ever talks unless he needs to respond to someone or warn someone of harm. When he does talk, it is usually to ask pointed questions or give direction. Sometimes this comes off as rude, though he does not mean it to. He hardly ever employs sarcasm or deception.

Background: The son of a private detective, Sam was born naturally curious and inquisitive. His mother, a humble housewife, neither of his parents knew of any magical lineage in their bloodline. He and his family grew up at the edge of the Government district, near the Temple district. Sam was always very interested in the work his father did, and as he grew older, started tagging along on some of his dad’s jobs. Sam learned how to connect the dots with only the barest traces of clues, and what to look for when interrogating someone. He learned to read a person’s expression and minute traces of facial movements to determine if they were lying or withholding information. It grew into a habit, and his parents soon learned they could not keep secrets from him or he would become overly suspicious and start investigating them.

When he was 8 years old, his parents noticed his hair had started to change color at the tips. The roots would be brown but the tips would fade to black. His parents were concerned and took him to a doctor. The doctor, having no magical background, told them it was probably nothing more than a mutant genetic trait, and did not appear to have any ill side effects. They weren’t completely placated by this idea, but they accepted it and forced themselves to be at ease. Sam seemed happily curious with his hair, so they saw no real cause for alarm.

That is, until a few months later when Sam woke up and his eyes were completely purple. His parents were baffled and alarmed and rushed him to an Emergency Room. The triage nurse referred him to one of the hospital chapel’s priests.

The priest knew at once that a strong magic flowed through this boy, as only those with a very strong magic talent saw such a distinct physical change. The priest assured Sam’s parents that there was no cause for alarm, but that the boy was a natural mage.

As it turns out, his body absorbs residual magic from the environment around him at an alarming rate. Excess magic burns off as a purple light from his eyes and changes his hair from brown to black. Conversely, using up the majority of his magic would turn his hair back to normal and his eyes would stop glowing, but so far he has never needed to expend that much, and has forgotten what the original color of his eyes was. The absorption of magic is completely transparent to him; he cannot feel a change of magic, though he might notice some light-headedness if it got too strong.

He also discovered that magic attacks would not be absorbed quickly enough by his body to prevent being harmed by them. Additionally, it was discovered that the effects of healing magic are greatly reduced (or else require more magic output to be as effective) unless he casts them on himself, and any enchants that are applied to him or his weapons are not as effective and do not last nearly as long.

Even though his parents sent him away to become a priest, Sam never stopped being curious, and learned everything he could about being a priest... but it didn’t stop him from also being interested in criminology. As a hobby, he kept reading books on this topic and found a deep interest in mystery novels.

Additional Training: Hand-to-hand combat, close-quarters combat, defensive fighting, escape artistry (self-taught), criminology (self-taught), speaks five languages (self-taught but conversationally fluent in all of them) including English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Japanese.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Villain » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Finally finished my CS, did the same thing as Keiran and posted in my spot to save the trouble of having another post.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing