Rift anyone?

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Rift anyone?

Postby Remni » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:45 pm

So I'm very surprised to not have seen a Rift topic up.. or if there was I must have missed it. Game comes out next week, headstart begins either Weds or Thurs (I forget which). I have a Boxed CE preordered for it already, goodies in it are real nice.

Anyways, I've been playing in every beta so far, and I have to say this is the most well polished MMO I've ever seen or played and it is so beyond fun. I hope other people are getting into it too. If you are, lemme know. I'm joining a server with my guild, so I could let you know which server we'll be on also.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Re: Rift anyone?

Postby Asmodai » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 am

Looks like every other MMO I've seen so far, a dime a dozen. Just with slightly flashier graphics
Mephobiac

Postby Remni » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:42 pm

You should try a trial version of it. It's actually got a few different things that separate it, namely the Rifts themselves. I know that's been done somewhat in WAR, but no where to the extent they take it. Imagine an area-wide event where 20+ Rifts open up in the zone all at once and spew out rows and rows of Elites for you to defend and push back against. Those are the biggest parts of the game and they're the most fun. You end up traveling around with sometimes 30 people in the area to push them all back and close up the Rifts and then continue on to the boss that started it.
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah buts its an MMO... so it's mostly going to be grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grins grind grind item grind grind grind grind grind grind grind another item grind grind grind grind grind grind grind, etc

Which is why I loved Guild Wars so much, it was so much more story driven
Mephobiac

Postby Remni » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Try looking up some vids for the endgame content. It is pretty story driven as well actually, no it doesnt have the massive amount of cutscenes that GW has, but the Story quests in the game are actually pretty fantastic and the lore is really good.
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:12 pm

meh, it's a pay-per-month game... that already kills it for me. When I buy a game, I want to be done with it.
Mephobiac

Return to Snafu Gaming