Panty and Stocking Toys!!!

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Panty and Stocking Toys!!!

Postby Mathias » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 am

Rival wrote:
Mathias wrote:The statue of David isn't painted. Who would want that?

Mathias when you play "the devils advocat", as you like to refer to it, you tend to write horrible analogies. Like really, really, really attrocious analogies, this is like the 3rd one that was written by you, that has me seriously scratching my head over how you could actually think this demonstrates a point.

So if this was intentional trolling, more power to you. But if it was meant to convince someone that those figurines shouldn't be dissed because the statue of David isn't painted either, then you fail rhetoric for life. Try comparing things that are somewhat, you know, analogous.

This wasn't me playing devil's advocate. This was me trolling. It was supposed to be an exaggeration. Thank you for not giving me any credit and assuming that I am a complete idiot.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 am

Nah, the thought crossed my mind that it is possibly trolling. I did even mention it.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:55 am

Most statues of yore actually were painted.

The paint just did not survive time as well as the marble did. Archeological and scientific observations and experiments show that they were likely painted very garish, bright colors too.

As for the huge head, small body ones, they're from the Nendoroid series. They occupy a lower price bracket (20~40 dollars), come with interchangeable faces, hair, arms, items, etc. that are universal across Nendoroid (so you could shove say, a the face of your Panty being a slut onto Miku's body, or w/e).

They're posable and quite popular as picture subjects, and generally is equally marketable to both genders. Not that it matters with PSG, considering they essentially look like that for most of the cartoon.

Produced by Good Smile Company, they are probably the least niche PVC product available in the market. Literally a PVC success story.

Closest follow-up would probably be the Revoltech and Figma series, which occupy the $20~ bracket, with no distortion of body size, etc., and are essentially just action figures of many things. Doll joints on these are much more noticeable than in Nendoroids, where they're hidden fairly well.
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby DaCrum » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 pm

David was never painted because Michelangelo thought the Romans didn't paint their statues so he wanted to be like them.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Ace of Flames » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm

DaCrum wrote:David was never painted because Michelangelo thought the Romans didn't paint their statues so he wanted to be like them.
But the truth was Roman statues had very tacky colors until time licked it all off.

I love Cracked.
I am Michael the Dick-Stabber; I seek out rapists and other such perverts to stab them in the dick!
(Inspired by Twilight Princess)

Postby Gundam » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Play-asia has the Nendoroids up for preorder now

Panty
http://www.play-asia.com/Nendoroid_Pant ... -45mp.html
Stocking
http://www.play-asia.com/Nendoroid_Pant ... -45mq.html
hopefully they get the rest soon

*goes to make preorder!!!!
One weird Snafu

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:18 pm

You might get a better deal through amiami or otacute or hobby link japan.
みんなのモデレーターToastCrustだよ★
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | Tumblr | MAL

Postby Glahardt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah, HLJ is generally cheaper, and usually has pre-order discounts.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion