Highschool Hell IC - Oblivion Tournament

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Highschool Hell IC - Oblivion Tournament

Postby Regalus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Mamoru

It was officially, Mamoru liked Epalm. Even with the knowledge that they'd be fighting soon he still treated them all with respect, as both friends and soon to be rivals. As for Ver and Lysander...well. To him Lysander seemed to be like a puppy tossed into a pound. He was shy and seemed to lack self-confidence; Mamoru worried about him deeply. From what he'd seen, it didn't seem likely that he'd last long, but the bard was human and, if he heard correctly, a priest of the moon goddess; both were known to surprise people. Perhaps Lysander held some great power or skill that he was not aware of that would aide him in the coming battle.

He had mix feelings about Ver, it might be his kirin nature, but he just had the urge to try to eat his face; though the demon had acted in a rather well mannered fashion, even if he took offense to somethings he said. Even when rolling his eyes at Ver's amusement at his unicorn description, while annoying, seemed more playful than malicious in nature. He'd have to try and restrain his instincts during the battle, at least until he found out more about him.

Mamoru fretted over the coming battle; he wasn't all to happy with the ensuing free-for-all. He'd have to hurt people, and given how hard it'll be to tell humans apart from other supernatural creatures, it would be quite hard to keep himself from hurting others too badly. Oddly enough it was Ver who brought a rather important detail to light; unicorn comment aside, it seemed directly aimed at him.

"Rivals indeed," Mamoru grinned with a wry smile as a plan hatched inside his head. "Well, I have a proposition for you gentlemen...if you'd care to listen," He paused for a moment to organize his thoughts before laying out his plan."The trial to come is battle royal, in which only one of use may come out victorious. Granted, with so many other students like ourselves here, it'll be quite the long brawl. However, there is one we can improve are chances dramatically," he took a deep breath to calm his voice.

"I propose an alliance of sorts; we aide each other against the mass of foes we must face, and once their are no other challengers we can then freely test our mettle against each other. By combining our strengths we can shield each ones weaknesses, thus increasing the chances that one of us will be the winner of this little game. So, what do you boys say? he asked in the most sincere tone he could manage. He wasn't quite sure about joining an alliance with a demon, but any aide would be welcome. Besides, if Ver betrayed them or did something of the sort he'd no longer have to struggle against his instincts. In addition he'd be able to keep an eye on Epalm, and perhaps aide Lysander, atleast a little. So in truth it was win-win for him.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:49 am

-Lanz-

Disappointed with the loss of his loot, grudgingly entered the crowd. His hands were in his pockets as he walked through the dumb crowd. They don't look interesting, he thought. In the middle of the crowd, the conversation of a small group caught his attention. Getting closer, he heard them talking about banding together. Lanz thought it was a smart move.

"Hey," he said to the group, trying not to sound like a punk, even though his voice was. "I heard you guys banding together? I can be of some help."
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Garethcool » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Lysander - Utility Bard
~~ and Part-Time Priest of Elistraee ~~
"This may not be the best thing to say..."

Lysander raised his voice slightly "I believe that's against the spirit of the entire premise of a battle royal, isn't it? The point is to see who is the most diverse, the toughest... the best. I won't participate in this... alliance. But if part of the deal is to spare the life of others in the battle I'll agree to that much. I don't wish for blood to be on my hands... And if I were to sully my blade with the blood of an innocent..." Lysander shivered violently, remembering the stern teachings he had received upon getting his blade. The first and foremost rule of wielding a songblade to was not to ever wield it with anger in your heart. It was an instrument of peace. Lysander smiled at the group "I will agree to a pact of life."
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 am

-Epalm Phoenix-

Epalm turned to Ver as he spoke, correcting Epalm on his comment about the teachers having them try to kill each other. "Very true Ver. He mentioned nothing of killing. However, do you think everyone else in this room agrees with that statement?" he said to the demon, with almost a look of disappointment in his eyes at his comment. "We need to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best." he said before turning to Lysander. He gave a thumbs up, before he attention was back on Mamoru.

Mamoru had an interesting point, teaming up would have been a good option in most situations, and even another classmate, who hadn't spoken to them at all, wanted to join in on such an idea. Epalm even considered agreeing with him, until Lysander spoke up. It seemed he was getting over his shyness rather quickly, and was even able to put his thoughts together. Best of all, Epalm agreed. "Lysander's right. It goes against what indeed a battle royal is all about. Every man and woman for him or herself. Proving they can best anyone." he said before focusing his attention to Mamoru.

"Besides. They revieled we need to gather one of the three scrolls they showed us. Even if we teamed up, with our new friend here, and found all of them. Two of us would be left to fend for ourselves in the jungle while the others rested up." he laughed before continuing. "I doubt any of use would be willing to give anyone else an edge, so it'd be rather difficult to divide up the scrolls, wouldn't it?" As he finished, Epalm turned back to Lysander. "I agree. Being a Paladin, I shall not kill anyone else from our school. However, in the name of survival we may need to kill a few animals, if you're alright with that Lysander." he said with a smile before turning back to the rest of the group. "Anyone else?" Epalm asked.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Regalus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 am

Mamoru. Dang it!

Mamoru breathed out a heavy sigh. It seemed that his plan had ha gone up in smoke just as quickly as it had come to him and much to his surprise Lysander had proved his undoing. The shy little bard was the last person he expected to have a problem with the plan; heck he expected the young bard to be all for it and glad to have some company in what ever pit they were about to be tossed into.To worsen matters his words turned Epalm against the plan as well, who even added his own reasons against the matter.

"I was of the opinion that we would have saved whatever scroll we found for an emergency and give it to the one who needed it the most, rather than use it right away," he replied with a slightly dispassionate voice as his previous grin vanished from his face. "In any case, it is as Ver'talzeer said. The headmaster never once said that we had to kill each other. Just that only one of us may be victorious of us would be victorious, but I digress. While I had no intention of doing so before I too will cast my own oath besides yours; I will not take lives of any of so long as you repay me in kind,

It looks like things will be more complicated than I first thought. Oh well, such is life. he thought to himself with a light shrug before turning towards the boy who had approached them. "Sorry man, looks like there's not going to be much of a fellowship forming here. he replied with a hint of frustration in his voice.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:35 am

-Headmaster-

As the noise in the room began to simmer down after the librarians introduction, he got a telepathic message alerting him of some problems with the arena. He had to postpone for a little bit.
Standing up tall in his chair he hummed softly and clapped his hands together while barking out a sudden indecipherable phrase that caused the room to shatter like glass only for a large arena with many seats overlooking it seemingly formed around them. He didn't really need to speak for the message to become clear but he did so anyways.

"Preliminary round to test your skills, we the teachers must see what you as a student need to learn in order to defend yourself in the field. First match, Epalm versus Lanz."

-timeperiod 2- (If you are this time period, please put a t2 at the top of your post.-

Lysander vs Elissa

-Time period 3-

Ver'talzee vs Mamoru

Postby Garethcool » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:49 am

Lysander - Utility Bard
~ Time 2 ~

Lysander made a noise rather like a yelp as he dove out of the way. "What the heck?! I hoped for more polite banter first! I'm no good at fighting!" Lysander began to run rather swiftly, taking his lute from his side. "Come on... Heightened Reflexes..." Lysander grinned and began playing a rather happy little tune, focusing on the chorus as he sang along.

"Faster than a bullet from a gun
He is faster than everyone
Quicker than the blinking of an eye
Like a flash you could miss him going by
No one knows quite how he does it but it's true they say
He's the master of going faster.
"

Lysander continued playing, waiting for Elissa's next move. He hoped the extent of his spell had worked, and hadn't left him high and dry. He stopped singing, putting his lute at his side. "Let's keep this going. I'm excited now.
Last edited by Garethcool on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:21 am

The sound of his name, alerted Lanz. A fight already? The game hasn't started yet. Great, a long intermission was going to happen, he thought.

Lanz searched for this opponent in the group. He noticed the man wearing a priestly robe. Through his gut feeling, he thought the guy in priestly robes was his opponent.

"I'm guessing you're my opponent?" he asked Epalm.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:32 pm

-Epalm Phoenix-

Epalm was happy Mamoru wanted to join their oath. He also wasn't surprised that Ver and the new guy didn't want to join in, but it was their choice after all. His attention was drawn to Lysander though after Mamoru spoke, something about being a burden. "What are you..." he started to say before the area they stood in seemed to shatter right before their eyes. "Well this just got more interesting." he said as the new arena appeared around them, all of them in the center of it of couse.

Epalm looked all around as the headmaster announced who was fighting first. "Impressive. And I'm up first? Cool." he said with a smile and a laugh to Lysander and Mamoru. Shortly after, the newbie to the group approached him, asking if he was the opponent. "If you're Lanz, then yes I am. Epalm Phoenix, pleasure to meet you. I look forward to a good fight, but I warn you, I won't take it easy on you." he said with a laugh, and carefully looked over Lanz. He looked agile, not a good matchup for Epalm, or perhaps it was. Strength verses speed, he was liking the idea of this fight more and more. "I'll be ready once everyone leaves the arena. Don't want to cause harm to anyone else now." he said with a smile as he patiently waited until they filed out.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 am

- Elissa - T2

She looked across at the lanky bard. "Well Lysander, was it? I won't go easy on you, that would be against the rules of this challenge. I, however, can promise I won't kill you if it comes to that." She bowed slightly after she spoke, then drew her blade. Her skin turned black as her defences raised. Taking a small step forward, she studied him. Well over a foot taller than her, she felt his reach would be the biggest problem.
Suddenly, blazing forward, she charged at him or more beside him. Rolling past she slashed at his lower leg then continued on past him. Although it was just a test, she half hoped the strike would at least skin him, although she doubted it.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Lanz faced the priest, sizing him up. The priest was more buffed that he was, and was towering him about a few inches. The match up amused him.

"Same with you, father," the thief replied jovially with a mock bowing of his head. "The sooner we get to fight, the better. I hate waiting."
Not-an-animator

Postby Garethcool » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:55 am

Lysander - Utility Bard
~ Time 2 ~

Lysander made a noise rather like a yelp as he dove out of the way. "What the heck?! I hoped for more polite banter first! I'm no good at fighting!" Lysander began to run rather swiftly, taking his lute from his side. "Come on... Heightened Reflexes..." Lysander grinned and began playing a rather happy little tune, focusing on the chorus as he sang along.

"Faster than a bullet from a gun
He is faster than everyone
Quicker than the blinking of an eye
Like a flash you could miss him going by
No one knows quite how he does it but it's true they say
He's the master of going faster.
"

Lysander continued playing, waiting for Elissa's next move. He hoped the extent of his spell had worked, and hadn't left him high and dry. He stopped singing, putting his lute at his side. "Let's keep this going. I'm excited now.

Previous

Return to Role Playing