The Way of the Sword

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Way of the Sword

Postby Nick_And_Stuff » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:06 pm

The Evil One wrote:Welcome... and for the love of God, shrink your avatar >_>

I'll shrink it...maybe :?

The Evil One wrote:Who dies, Jack or the robot? If it's Jack, I'd be glad to take you up on that bet ^_^

Jack will die. No non main character in anything can make a soliloquy and live ;)

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Jack's special, being a canon protagonist. He gets points simply for being a samurai out of time. Also, the robots seemed to have had their own soliloquy. How's that for fair?

What's Samantha from, anyway?
As the saying goes, 'ask and ye shall receive.'

To use Molten Man's words, Jack vs nameless robot is a sucker's bet -- as long as you bet on the one with the name. Of course, if the robot pulls out a name that might save him from an explosion following a single slash.
A Page Flipper

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:34 pm

Samatha is from... Medbots, I think.

Postby konata5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 pm

i hope jack can foresee that girls attack and do a dodge jump and slash her arm clean off i loved it when buttercup punched her tooth out jack cant die when he gets epic samurai can sense evil even from behind from the darkness within

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:43 pm

I don't think Jack will die, but I am curious to see what Samatha will do, or be like. She was being "upgraded" last time we really had he in for a while, except that part with Bell's "reflecting" period (Lol). she looked normal then.

Postby WildNeko » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:00 am

konata5 wrote:i hope jack can foresee that girls attack and do a dodge jump and slash her arm clean off i loved it when buttercup punched her tooth out jack cant die when he gets epic samurai can sense evil even from behind from the darkness within

Learn to use periods in your sentences. <--- that little dot that can make quite a difference.

So far she hasn't done a thing except sneak Gir in. I'm curious as well to see what her upgraded self can accomplish. As for Jack, I don't really care. He's a cool guy and all, but death can always make a story interesting. Especially when it's unexpected and sudden.
Meow~

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 am

To fathom glory, to attain perfection, in an effort to reach that pivotal goal of the brightest of sheen this sword can bring on the unjust is that what to be sought.

To pierce the heavens and part the ever growing sea made from that which would decay our very souls must be brought to fruition to further one more step on a path most often tread.

Let this blade shine true and cleave the very earth and thrash asunder in the hopes of forever bringing the nay sayers a new sight to behold in the mind's eye for how the blade can be mightier than the pen...

I love swords THAT much...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby bell_100 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Bleedman hear, if not please could add another character, which is called lizzy, she would use a bun hairstyle, bangs and brown hair, green eyes, and a Powerpuff girls dress like the bombon.
And the girl would be overpowering but strong, intelligent, clever and beautiful.
Would have powers: lightning from his eyes, fly, super strength, a field for cover, ice breath. Admitted to the school of the Powerpuff Girls, and gradually get to know. She has no family that died in an accident. And Dexter falls for her.
PLEASE I beg you.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:05 pm

bell_100 wrote:Bleedman hear, if not please could add another character, which is called lizzy, she would use a bun hairstyle, bangs and brown hair, green eyes, and a Powerpuff girls dress like the bombon.
And the girl would be overpowering but strong, intelligent, clever and beautiful.
Would have powers: lightning from his eyes, fly, super strength, a field for cover, ice breath. Admitted to the school of the Powerpuff Girls, and gradually get to know. She has no family that died in an accident. And Dexter falls for her.
PLEASE I beg you.

lol.

Sweetie, I'm Bleedman's writer for this comic. :) I make the story.

Tell me, what makes your character interesting?

Also, is English your first language? :)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Wow, asking for an Overpower-type to be added. That would demand an equally powerful Overpower villain to act as her nemesis. Also, I think of Dexter as the one-girl type, and he's already with Blossom. What say we make Lizzy's nemesis the EXACT opposite of her and call him 'Yzzil?'

Just out of curiosity (and fresh out of sarcasm), BeeAre, does Bleedman accept any sort of character design requests to add to his stories? Not for the sake of my characters since I doubt they would be appropriate choices. I did Overpower some of them (not at the outset. That would be cheating and not very interesting), which means they get to face some of the most powerful beings in their universes.
A Page Flipper

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:33 pm

he offers one-ish character to each member of the team.

Griddles has Mindsnare.

Seiryuga has Naga and Brave who were originally one.

I believe the placement of mine is nixed with the development of Sugar Bits being changed.

DMajor hasn't planned including his yet.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby DaCrum » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 pm

BR: Can I have a character?
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:40 pm

No, you may not.
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:45 pm

BeeAre wrote:he offers one-ish character to each member of the team..

I'm curious though, how DO people get onto Team Bleedman? I know how Seiryuga and Bleedman started out, but not anyone else... And I'm not saying I'm anywhere near as worth as anyone else, just mostly curious. The only thing I got going for me is a mutual friendship with Grids, an often lack of lacking ideas, a good amount of advice Seir's given me over the years, and an appreciation for Hamlet-esque speech ^^'
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:48 pm

lol griddles will just use you. if you want on team bleedman you deal with seiryuga when Bleedman and him aren't fighting over stupid shit.
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:00 pm

... Ouch. But your saying Seir is the mastermind then? It makes sense though... If it weren't for him Bleedman would probably have gone so many different ways with this and that and such. But thanks. I'll hit him up and ask about it. The only thing I could possibly offer though is storyboard ideas and maybe just a guy to bounce thoughts off of, or other such thought involved proceedings.

Also, I wanted to know how you got onto the team? One day you were just on my screen and involved with SB's script, and I've always wanted to ask.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 am

i'll PM it to you.
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:36 am

In short of being overly excited... HUZZAH!!!
An Optimist

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 am

I'm an idea/story guy myself, since I do not have any ability whatsoever to draw. Okay, I have SOME ability. It just wouldn't be interesting if I drew it.

From what I see, your team is doing very well. The discussions are very lively as well, making them good places to get or test ideas that could be in doubt. It also looks like if writer's block struck you could use guys like pwned-by-twilight to kick-start a brainwave. If you didn't get someone else for the same purpose first.

Okay, next curiosity-fueled question: if you have a place where you do most of your thinking/plotting (that's not at your computer, because that's my default), where is it?
A Page Flipper

Postby BeeAre » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm

I don't get writer's block, in terms of ideas. I get waves of despair from my horrible experiences that suck my will to do anything. Thank God I have Seiryuga around to say "SHUT THE FUCK UP RETARD ARR FEEL BETTER YOUR ASS SUCKS ARR ARR ARR"

I do my best thinking when I am thinking about a lot of things at once, so I can pull them apart and put them back together in ways that I hadn't believed before. I spend a lot of time in bed, in the bathroom, at the computer, on the sofa, in cars, in waiting rooms, in doctor's offices. All of these places are meditative to society. My life has been forced into an isolation of thought. I'm very good at it, but I try to distract myself sometimes, because too much thinking over the same variables gets you stuck on them, and you become temporarily stupid with sadness.

I am an idea guy, so any information fed to me can be reinterpreted an innumerable variety of ways based on what I already know. As long as I remember that like any computer, I can get caught in a logical loop, it usually is enough to keep me going.
BR

Postby Princess » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 pm

BeeAre wrote:i'll PM it to you.

^o.o

I wanna know.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DemonFlower » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm interested as well.

I'd like some experience working with a team.

I'm not expecting to do anything too big though since I'm busy with school and other stuff.

Something small will work.
Beware of Chibi Taurus. O_O

Postby SMELLYCHOCOLATE » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I would love to see courage do something hilarious and heroic in the next seen. :D

Postby lilJack » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:51 pm

i know i just had to be a noob and ask this but first let me say that i really enjoy your comics and the way you you draw your comics very kool sooo... let me get back to the question well i was wondering what program you used to make your comics cause i really want to start one :o and if any1 els knows it would be great to know ^^ and sorry for the long comment i bet there is some forum on here thats for this question lol but im a noob so sorry any have a good day :grin:

Postby epicninja123 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 am

liljack welcome to te community

and please don't beat on yourself. :)

also have a great day yourself too bud

and, FINALLY!!!!

thank you bleedman!

Jack is going to slice up those robots like in season 1, episode 3!!!!
YES!!!!!YES!!YES!!YES!!!

*breaths deeply* *exhales* i'm ok now.
HA! signatures are stupid.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!