Dreamscape IC: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Dreamscape IC: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

Postby Karo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

It was a quiet afternoon in Kansas City, the local high schools were just getting out for the day, and ominous thunderclouds were rolling over the city. It was the perfect sort of day for the local dreamsphere arcade, Sphereholics. Their teenage customers were more likely to want to hang out somewhere with a roof to avoid the incoming rain, and the crowd there should be bigger than normal for that. For the moment, however, things were quiet.

"How do the machines look today Arty?" Jack asked from behind the ticket counter, which doubled as a snack bar, stuffed to the brim with candy, chips, soda and energy drinks, all of the junk food varieties that teenagers found necessary to survival. Jack was a pleasant looking fellow, thin and tall with dark hair, dark eyes and an ever-present smile. In addition to making sure everyone paid for their playtime, Jack had a rather large computer screen before him, split up to show all of the game hubs for the dreamspheres, as well as the camera that kept an eye on the players and their condition. Jack kept an eye on everything, not only to make sure that no one abused the dreamspheres or behaved badly in the games, but also to make sure that no one had some sort of medical accident while in the game. It was a system they added early on in their business days, when someone had behaved quite inappropriately, and someone else had a seizure because of the game they had chosen to play.

"They look fine Jack, the new batch of games will all run perfectly smoothly." Arty said as he walked up to the counter, wiping grease from his hands with a dirty rag. Arty was the technician of the two-man team, he prided himself for keeping the dreamsphere's clean and well-maintained, as well as finding and destroying any game glitch that the developers might miss. Arty, a short and stout guy with curly brown hair, bright green eyes and glasses, was the reason why Sphereholics was one of the top dreamsphere arcades in the county, and game developers across the world sent their software to him for final testing before it was released to the public, games that Arty tests while the arcade is empty during school hours.

It was because of the dreamsphere's creation in 2015 that arcade gaming was able to make such an amazing comeback. Home consoles had dominated the market for years, until a group of incredibly smart and talented gamers got together in 2012 to create the new gaming company Dreamnet, promising the world they would be the next big thing in gaming. While all the other gaming companies were perfecting their motion-controlled 3D gaming, Dreamnet released their first console, and blew them all out of the water with a virtual reality system. Developers all over hopped on board to making games for the incredible new system, but Dreamnet wasn't done there. Three years later they released the Dreamsphere total immersion arcade system, and a landslide of amazing games to go with it. The system was able to appeal to all ages, from elementary school kids to soccer moms, the Dreamsphere could make anyone's fantasy a reality.

Then, in January of 2018, Dreamnet released what in just a few short months, has become the undisputed king of all the Dreamsphere games, the party RPG called Broken Will. The medieval fantasy game linked what until this point had been a solitary gaming experience together, asking for friends and strangers alike to defeat the complex, non-linear plot.

It didn't take long for the expected droves of people to enter the still small arcade, each person passing by Jack, paying him for a few hours worth of playtime. One by one they were directed to their dreamspheres, bringing the quiet arcade humming to life as eight very different people logged in to Broken Will together. Once they finished their character creation, they would find themselves beginning the game.

As soon as the final character was finished, the loading screen around each player faded away, and a beautiful forest clearing was brought into focus. They would also find that they were no longer alone, which was a very jarring experience for anyone playing Broken Will for the first time. There was one trail leading out of the clearing, but this space was quite obviously meant for the players to get some sort of familiarization going with each other before they jumped into the game.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Re: Dreamscape IC: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

Postby Keiran » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Raivis dropped to his knees, the transition almost frightening. “W-wow,” stuttered Raivis, startled at the change, “It’s so real.” He stepped forward and could feel the uneven ground beneath his feet. “Way better than the other games.” He pulled up the hood of his cloak, feeling the softness of his hair. He pulled out his twin daggers and started to play with them. He looked at the others and asked, “H-have any of you g-guys played before?” His voice was timid, but calm. He was not afraid, just cautious; he smiled, his cloak covering his face to his nose.

Postby Villain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Lying on the floor Tyler repeatedly grunted and strained, wheezing for a moment, as he tried to stand up in his bulky armor. Soon his body became adjusted to the machine and he drifted his hand onto the grass, clutching at it and using the ground to push off of. Seeing a fellow player he dizzilly walked over to him, nearly tripping on the way there, and about half way through his body had fully gotten back into the swing of things. "Yeah this is my twelfth time here, you never really get used to it, your body just adjusts faster and faster to it." he let out a grin as he looked around. He couldn't help but let out a sigh and say mostly to himself "Man, they were not kidding when they said it's the best to date, the place is so beutiful it looks practically real..... So I take it you haven't played Broken Will before, or the Dreamsphere at all?" turning his attention back to the hooded figure at the last part.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Keiran » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 pm

“I only played the Dreamscape system a few times,” he said with a grin and tossing is dagger in a slow arc. “And never Broken Wills. This will be awesome. Like the old D’n’D.” He rubbed the vambraces. “Do things always feel this real? And do we feel pain when we get attacked? I can’t remember.” He flipped the hood back and walked easily to the warrior and stuck his hand out, “Raivis, nice too meetcha. Need a trap fiddled with or a pocket picked, I’m your man.”

Postby Villain » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 pm

Well it's my second time playing Broken Will, it's really a great game though I haven't played as a Warrior until now. Tyler said back to Ralvis before shaking his hand "Names Tyler, you want bones broken, or souls drained then you holler for me. As for the whole pain thing I was kicked out of the game before I was impaled by a spear so I wouldn't really know.". He adjusted his helmet so that it fit snug on his face, rotating his shoulders he began to stretch his arms a bit before unsheathing a Falchion on his side. He began to examine it, fascinated at how many details the game had to offer, taking out his shield he tapped the sword against the shield before practicing with them, trying his hardest to get a good feel on them. After a few strokes with the machete like sword and cutting a patch of grass with it whole he made rigorous shield positions, he loosened up and put his Falchion back into it's sheathe before turning back to Ralvis "You have to admit, the amount of detail and customization in the game is unbelivable." he said with a small smile on his face before he turned his head trying to look for others getting up or appearing, after a few seconds of trying he shrugs and simply turns back to Ralvis "Well I hope we have a great game you and I and that you'll find Broken Will to be worth the cost."
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Zelosse » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:00 am

-Zelosse-

Initiating login sequence....

Verifying game terrain...

Loading character...

"yea yea, hurry up." He heard himself speak aloud as his senses mingled with the game like usual to create a more realistic experience, something felt different but eagerness overlapped his judgement and simply lubbed it with a bit of delay on the servers from so many people logging on. Common stuff.

As the game loaded there was a custom explosion of small ring of harmless flames erupting around the mage that materialized in the middle of the forest, his robes were still momentarily before everything hummed to life with excitement, his chest breathed the air (according to how the game dictated) and his robes fluttered in the robes briefly before they were idle save for his movements.

Holding his staff he went into an easy lift with it then brought it to point at a nearby tree before invoking one of his first simple spells. Fireball. The small pea launched out at a decent speed and erupted on the tree but no flames clung to it as he had predicted. Starting area was immune to defacement.
He had no intention of torching the area, he just wanted to see if there was any tricks to the fireballs cast like pointing or targeting. There wasn't. On to his next skill with the short cooldown.
Pointing his hand out he invoked the fireball spell directly up and let fly. It flew out a few feet before he invoked fire blast on his small fireball, the resulting explosion was far bigger than the other with wind pressure enough to shake the nearby trees a little.
Impressive. I'll need to remember that later. He though while leaning upon the smooth staff he carried, wearing a contemplative look upon his face.

Postby Keiran » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 am

“I think we can work well together,” said Raivis, grinning and putting his daggers away. “And I do think it will be work the pay.” He dug his longish nails into his palm, and felt the soft sting, whispering, “Amazing.” He saw a fireball go by out of the corner of his eye. “Whoa!” he muttered, turning to the mage, “So cool.”

He bounced on his feet as he watched to mage’s second attack, and muttered, “What’s the physics like here?” He looked to the warrior and grinned. “Let’s see, physics is gunna be important, especially for you, Tyler,” [/color] he said easily, “Hmm.” Raivis jumped a couple feet off the ground, testing gravity, “That’s about the same as normal,” he muttered, “Maybe a bit lighter pull, but that could be the strength of the body…” he pulled out his dagger again and threw one of them into a nearby tree, “Easier to aim, like our bodies already know what to do.”

He walked over and pulled it back out with a bit of a struggle. “Density is about the same too…” He grinned and looked to Tyler, “So realistic,” he said aloud, and then he dragged the dagger across the back of his hand, hissing in pain. “Pain is the same too,” he said, “So cool. It’s going to suck to get hit, eh?”

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Tobi materialized steady on her feet, this wasnt the first time she'd play this game. She took a quick gander around, sizing up her new allies. Most of them looked new to this. Especially the rogue character. With a smug smile on her face she stepped forward "So you people are new to this game, right?" She placed her free hand on her hip, as she set her staff beside her. "Well, you're in luck. I've had plenty of experience with this game. So just stick with me, and you'll do fine."
She tried to make herself look taller, cursing her fondness for short characters. She noticed a shadow looming over her, but failed to react in time.
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Vodsky Boozehound, The sun... it burns...

Welcome, Vodsky Boozehound, To Broken Will
The world of Broken Will, a world where players could explore, a place where they could be heroes and try to reach new heights just because they want an ego boost. A land of make belief, a land of wonder! A land where the first five seconds of playing and you're already completely drunk.

As Vodsky Boozehound, the self proclaimed threat to all barkeepers of Broken Will, materialized he was already was taking a swig of his booze. This wasn't the first time he had played as a Drunken Fist fighter, in fact he rather enjoyed the first play through as him however this time he was planning on doing things differently.
Taking an unsteady step forwards he peered around to look at the group in front of him... or was it next to him? Vodsky wasn't too sure about who they were but the drunk fighter did recognize a rather short character and could already guess whom that was. "Hay thar Tob*hic*i, how'z tha nyw charakter goowing" The man said drunkenly taking several unbalanced steps, dangerously swinging left to right with every step.
"Come *hic* gyves ol' Vodsky a-" The drunkard stepped on his cloak causing the character to fall forwards and in a tumbled motion he landed on top of his partner Tobi.

Postby Garethcool » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Sven stumbled. He always lost all feeling in his legs when he entered the game. He got up and stretched, glancing around. "Really? The only healer in the group again? I'll do my best to help you all." He bowed quickly, glancing around. He looked at tobi and chuckled as Vodsky fell on her. "Oh dear. f you're our veteran we're doomed..." He chuckled again, covering his mouth. He walked over and lifted Vodsky off Tobi "I hope you're alright. I'm Sven. You're... erm... Tob... ee?"
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Glacier » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Brian was your typical FPS junkie, but a recent burglary left him console less and pretty bored after school. He was a new kid and had few friends, but he hung out around the arcades to pass the time and see if Arty would let him near the dream spheres. He would even cut some days of repetitive home room bs just to see what new games they had in stock. He was hooked from the first time he'd gotten into a sphere, but Broken Will was new to him. He chose the only class closest to what he knew best and that was shooting at stuff.

After creating his character he was anxious to see what what this world had in store. The view was amazing, everything felt so real, but this was no surprise to him. He essentially ignored the people standing around conversing. He took note of them though so he knew what not to shoot, but true to his class he started to wonder off and explore the world while checking his inventory, stats, map, and skill list. He took the time to practice on a nearby tree while the players got situated. He'd need to know how the aiming system worked if he wanted to be a good archer and what his current skills did if he wanted to out level the others. He hated being weak or sucking at games. Easiest way to get booted was being crap at your job, so he took dps to heart in games like this.

Postby Keiran » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 am

Raivis watched the girl get squashed by a drunk man. He tried very hard not to giggle at them and at the White Mage. He walked over and gave a spacy look, “Are you alright?” he asked quickly, “Of course not, being squashed sucks. I would know, from school and all. Why would you pick a short character if you knew he was coming? But maybe you didn’t.” He helped the White Mage get the Vodka-man off the poor little girl.

“You’re an Alchemist right? I can help get stuff for you,” the blonde said with a smile, “’Cause we’re supposed to work together, eh?” He bounced happily and seemed to shake slightly.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:32 am

Tobi crawled back up from underneath the lumbering man. Of all the people she could meet, of all the people that were online right now, he just had to be here as well? If it wasnt so impossible, she almost thought it was stalking.
"Hello Vodsky..." she said with little enthusiasm in her voice "How nice to see you again." again in a very monotone manner.
She turned to the two people who had lifted the drunken man off her "Thanks." she muttered softly. "And yes, my name is Tobi. Thats Tobi, with an i at the end. And the reason I picked a short character is because it lowers the chances of getting hit. Thus increasing my chances of survival." This wasnt really her reason, she just liked the look of short characters, but they didnt need to know.
She knew the importance of first impressions, and knew she had blew it. With help of Vodsky of course. She gave the drunken man a cold look, but he didnt even seem to notice.
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 am

Vodsky, hoz et goowing.

The fighter looked with bleary eyes at the two people trying to get him off Tobi, at first he thought they were talking blobs but as his eyes managed to focus for a moment or two, he realized they were just other players.
Allowing himself to be nudge off his friend, Vodsky slowly got up listening intently to Tobi's introduction and with a grin he replied to Tobi's cold look by blowing a kiss to her.

Of course that was the intention, unfortunately Vodsky managed to make the romantic gesture look as if he failed at facepalming and somehow poked himself in the eye with the palm of his hand. The whole movement made him sway even more as he introduced himself, "*Hic* Heyllo all, tha namez Vodsky Boooooozehound. Ima fighta class, Drunken-fist too I addz. Hoz every*hic*one liking za game...."

Postby Villain » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:45 am

Tyler watched the rogue test out the laws of this game and he had decided to make an experiment for himself. He looked at the nearest tree, balanced his Falchion in his right hand, and lobbed it at a tree going an inch or so inside. He ripped the machete like sword out only to quizzically see the hole dissapear. He backed up and threw it again, only harder and with more force this time and landing three times deeper into the tree. "Interesting, so the amount of force determines the amount of damage it can do. No auto hits with certain ranges of damage based on stats I guess....". Placing his hand on the hilt he had decided to check out the powers he had so delicately chosen. Taken a breath in a black aura surrounded him before rising up like mist to be diluted by the air. He could feel his very life being drained from him, but at the same time he could move easier, was faster in reflexes, and seemed to be physically superior to his older self. Throwing the Falchion one last time he watched as it pierced almost to the hilt itself when he threw it with all he could. Stopping his aura dead in its track he placed his hand on the hilt and was met with surprising resistance. Soon he had placed both his feet on the tree and sideways yanked at it until he fell back and landed on his head, triumphantly taking the sword out. Flopping onto his stomach he looked at the drunken man fall on the short women and smiled as he watched the man speak. Dusting himself off he pushed himself up and walked over to the three people congregating around the small women ”Nice to know we have a guide here, albeit one easily snuck up on.” he grinned as he said the last part before turning his head towards Sven ”You’re a healer right? Might as well stand behind me now and spam heal minor wounds, seeing as how I waste my own health faster than fire wastes napalm.” snickering at his own joke, not caring whether or not no one else was.

Postby Glacier » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:17 am

Nathyne was content with his current Inventory as it were, and after finding the tree that suited him, he reached into his virtual quiver and readied an arrow. He squinted an eye as he took aim, opening it a few moments before release. With out much force behind it, the arrow barely scratched the surface of the tree. After firing a few more practice shots, he checked his quiver to see that it was still as full as when he started. Hit arrow stock said infinite, so he figured regular shots were always on hand. A few things he took from the first round. After taking aim, he could fire the next few shots on precision alone and hit the same general area and the longer and harder he pulled on the string, the farther, more powerful and more accurate a shot would become.

For round 2 he chose to test his skill. First he activated Rapid Fire. He felt a wave of energy course through him and he felt a bit warmer. His vision got broader, but he couldn't see as far down range and not quite as clearly while standing still. He took a few step in this mode to see that he went back to normal while moving and every time he stopped, he could feel the technique at work. He found himself unable to take aim for longer than a second and the shots lacked any stopping power, but he put about the same amount of arrows in the tree, in nearly half the time. They were quite scattered though, and a few even missed the tree altogether. When he activated his escape shot, a single arrow was pushed up in the quiver like take this and even if he reached for a different one, he ended up grabbing it anyway. He found that the Rapid Fire also dissipated when he activated the special shot, but was ready to be reactivated before he finished taking aim. Upon contact with the tree, the arrow bounced off like a rubber bullet and a giant cloud of smoke exploded from the white ball that served as the arrow head. The cloud was dense, and stepping into proved for extremely limited visibility and a stinging sensation in the nose and eyes.

Having familiarized himself with what he could do for now, Nathyne went back to the group to introduce himself.

"Greetings All, I'm Nathyne Hawkstrider and I'll be serving as your archer for the next few hours. I only have two rules of thumb: 1 if you need something shot at, say so. 'Cause I'll be scouting and trying to help where I can, but I can only do so much. Communication is key. 2 If you get shot from behind, it's cause you stepped into my line of fire. I don't shoot at things in melee combat unless the angle is clear or you're about to take a killing blow, so don't worry about that... and please don't set off a trap of mine cause they don't discriminate. That's all I've got for now. Good Luck to everyone!" he said with eyes still a tad watery from the smoke cloud.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Tyler cracked his neck as he entered the game and became Ralun, the elemental swordsman. He had created the character in his head but hadn't actually gotten around to playing the game for a while. He had heard how great it was and had learned the basics of creating a character so he had hashed it out at home. Now he closed his eyes and remembered what he had created. He fiddled with his character model for a while, then looked at the weapons he could use. He found the hook swords and choose to use two of them. He customized them, then entered the game.

As soon as Ralun saw the group of people, he stashed the cloak. He had thought ahead and knew that it wouldn't take any effort to simply store the outer wear somewhere else. Sure, his base clothing might look plain but that was fine with him. He walked over and said "Hello, everyone, I'm Ralun. I'm a swordsman. These are my weapons. They may look strange but, I promise you, they are extremely useful and dangerous." He smiled brightly.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Keiran » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Raivis grinned at Tobi and nodded, “That’s the reason I picked a short character too, I am tired of being hit.” He stood up with a small smile, “I’m Raivis. Nice to meet you too, Tobi. And you Vodsky. I like it so far, never been able to afford it before.”

He watched the shooter, he seemed a bit self-absorbed. “No worries, dude, I am not goin’ near you.”
Raivis looked to the newbie and stared slightly. “Ralun, or whomever you are, we’re not four, we know the weapons are useful. The question is, are you useful.”

Postby Villain » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Tyler looked at Raivis and then at the noobie before saying "Doesnt matter if he's useful, I can always pick up his slack seeif as we're two sides of the same coin. No ,what I want to know is if you can properly aim with that thing. Last thing I want is some hook gutting my back like a fish because you mis swung. Not that I have anything against your skills it's just that your choice of weapons is rather.... strange to say the least."

Postby Glacier » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:06 pm

"That's the thing though, I'll be setting the traps ahead of us when I learn em. This class of archer is like an early warning system. Scouts ahead and retreats to the party when something gets close. so unless you stay near me, your in trap range with the enemies they're made to kill."

He listened as they harped over the dual sword warrior. Brian had thought about making a guy like that, but the Ranger class won out. Still he liked that one of them chose it. He could actually see one in action and still fire at will from a comfortable range.

"Hook swords are pretty awesome still. If you don't want to get hooked, don't fight the same stuff. that's pretty simple and obvious." Nathyne interjected. "Besides, we've got mostly death dealers in this group. I doubt killing will be a problem. Healing wounds and staying in normal status should be our main worries, but if we kill quick enough this session should be a breeze either way." he pointed out.

Postby Garethcool » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 am

Sven chuckled."You worry about your ass, and I'll keep your health up, sweetums. It's my job to keep you alive, and I've played a helluva lot more MMORPGs than you have." Sven casually spun his staff around, making sure to show off a bit, before a small wave of sparkles flew over his own head. "Tadaa. See? I'm so damned magical I can take care of all of you. Now let's get moving, this area is tres lacking in action."
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Geomancer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:13 pm

"Alright, time to move. Just don't get in front of me and you'll be fine. If we are surrounded, I'll shout 'duck'. You might want to duck, then, unless you can dodge this." Ralun walks away, then stops, and connecting the blades, swinging them, and cutting a thick branch from a nearby tree. "That's the power of these weapons. I've got a few more tricks up my sleeves. I subclassed as elemental swordsman."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Soul » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 am

The final character had finally loaded into the game, the feeling of lightheaded feeling from the weed he had been smoking faded. Upon entering the game world the player had been immediately sobered, causing him to grumble angrily as he stood up, examining his clothes and spells. He quickly summoned a basic undead to his side and examined it closed, tapping its frame as if it were a doctor giving a physical.

The zombie, like most other fleshy undead creatures, was rotting. It was covered in chain and had a wooden shield with a basic wooden club. It almost looked as if it were a freshly dead adventurer raised around them. Lothian smirked and stepped forward to the other group, not minding the smell of rot that trailed behind him. He stared at the other members of his party for a moment, wondering who exactly would be the most useless and get away with killing over and over on accounts of "misfires". He shrugged and remained silent, not speaking unless one of the other players spoke to him. In his experience he shouldn't try and explain anything to new players, especially when they assume he's a newbie too. Of course, it was also his experience to get frustrated and start a whole new character when things got dicey later on.

Postby Karo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Not long after the final character made it into the game world, a sharp wind blasted up the path leading out of the clearing. With it came the smell of smoke, and the faint sound of distant screaming. The game had begun, and of the few different beginnings, this group had gotten the most violent one right from the start. While some would be glad for this, others would find it disconcerting that the pace of the game was so fast. But their adventure was beckoning, and it was unlikely anyone would stay behind. As they wound their way through the forest, the woods grew less vibrant, and the trees thinned out. Soon they would see a village on fire, with townsfolk running and screaming every which way, some sobbing for the loved ones still trapped in the fire.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Tobi held her staff over her shoulder. "Really now? They had to give us this start?" she looked at her group. Most of them were newbies, and this could proof to be a bit too much for them to handle. But it was probably better to weed out the bad ones at the start. The whole throwing yourself into the deep end blah blah blah.
She tried to put on her most commanding sounding voice, but lacked the heavy tone needed "Okay, so this is a pretty heavy start. If you're the squeamish kind of guy... or girl, I'd advice you to log out now." She saw nobody doing so, so she assumed they were up for it. "I personally havent played this start, yet. But I've heard the rumors of it. So be on your toes, and call out anything that looks weird." she placed her hands in her sides "Do not move on your own. Do not leave the group for whatever reason. Think you see something? Tell us." she looked explicitly at Vodsky "Do. Not. Leave. The. Group. Think you got that?" probably not, but she could pray for a miracle. Or at least updated codes on the drunk status.
Mephobiac

Next

Return to Role Playing