My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Noble Atomic » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

About

Redeye of Ponygoons wrote:In 2008 a woman who had been trying for years to break through into a strongly male-dominated field finally got a break. She was placed in charge of the latest iteration of one of the longest-running and most heavily merchandised franchises in the industry, which no man on earth would have ever expected to change in any way, except maybe for the worse.

That woman was Lauren Faust, probably best known for her work on the Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. And the new show she would produce would eventually be named My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

And through satanic pact or voodoo ritual, it would quickly take the Internet by storm.

Lauren Faust wrote:I was extremely skeptical at first about taking the job. Shows based on girls' toys always left a bad taste in my mouth, even when I was a child. They did not reflect the way I played with my toys. I assigned my ponies and my Strawberry Shortcake dolls distinctive personalities and sent them on epic adventures to save the world. On TV, though, I couldn't tell one girl character from another and they just had endless tea parties, giggled over nothing and defeated villains by either sharing with them or crying–which miraculously inspired the villain to turn nice. Even to my 7-year-old self, these shows made no sense and couldn't keep my interest. No wonder the boys at school laughed at my Rainbow Unicorn Trapper Keeper.

From what I've seen since I've grown up, little has changed. To look at the quality of most girls' cartoons, it would seem that not one artist really cared about them. Not one designer, not one background painter, not one animator. Some of the more well-meaning, more expensive animated productions for girl audiences may look better, but the female characters have been so homogenized with old-fashioned “niceness” that they have no flaws and are unrelatable. They are so pretty, polite and perfect; there is no legitimate conflict and nothing exciting ever happens. In short, animated shows for little girls come across as boring. Stupid. Lame.

This perception, more than anything, is what I am trying to change with My Little Pony.

Basically, MLP is great because of the writing and characterization, overall moral outlook, and decent flash animation thanks to a crew of veterans founded by Faust herself. Don't believe me that MLP is good? Watch this.

----

NEW EPISODE DAYS

By all means, do share downloads & YouTube links to new episode if you can. Don't post spoilers without using the spoiler tags [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ] (at least until an episode link is posted). The mods are authorized to defend this point, and have done so in the past.

Episode Streams Tune into the following streams when the new episodes air!
basil34 on Justin.tv
Midnight Run
BronyState
jo0wz

----

Links!

Official Sites
MLP at Hasbro
MLP at HubWorld (US Only)
MLP on Twitter

Community
Equestria Daily
Derpy Hooves News
The Round Stable

Games
Equestria Gaming
MLP Steam Group
MLP Xfire Group
PonyCraft Ponies & Minecraft

Media
Videos at HubWorld (US Only)
Season 1 on iTunes - Apple sucks, but it's a good way to support the show!
Season 2 on iTunes
Season 1 DVD at Amazon.com!
FiM Episode Guide - All episodes available in 1080p do download!
Celestia Radio

Art & Stories
MLP-FiM on deviantART
FiMfiction
MLP on FanFiction.Net
Derpibooru Image Repository
Bronibooru Image Repository

Other
MLP Wiki
PonyCountdown

----

Other Important Stuff

- The GLOBAL FORUM RULES still apply here, so keep that in mind!
- Try not to post content that may have been posted in the thread already. If it's something really old, it was most likely shared here. If you want to share new content, then try tuning into Equestria Daily and Derpibooru.
- If you want to post an image, make sure it's not too big. If it is, then please link it instead. It saves bandwidth and helps people dealing with bad internet connections.
Last edited by Noble Atomic on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Re: MLP: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Princess » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:25 pm

W...what?
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Noble, i am PRETTY sure that, when a comment was made including the ponies you speak about, it was posted as SATIRE.

This means we don't really like ponies and what beeare said about including them was meant to be taken the same way you would take it if someone said "i'm going to spit in your soda".
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

fuck you mir@k i love ponies

oh my GOD I CAN'T STOP HUMMING THE WINTER WRAP UP SONG

*prances about with Noble Atomic giggling like a school girl*

oh man when Pinkie Pie starting one-pony banding against the little reproduce by barfing up a child Navi fairy things

I was like "hell yes" up in this bitch

Pinkie Pie 2012

but Rarity sucks what a harlot. Applejack is a little grating too I would like her better without the FUCKING HAT.

Rainbow Dash is clearly gay. Twilight Sparkle has Assburgers. Fluttershy is one-trick (pony) hohohoho.

Pinkie Pie owns. Owns.

and another thing: The Unicorn Harmony Song Thing Is A Great Song That Should Be The Theme Instead Of The Boring Trash Theme They Have Now. ...or the winter wrap up song.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Noble Atomic » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Whatevz. I bet there's others around Snafu that have taken interest in the series. IMO It's almost like watching Foster's again.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Noble Atomic wrote:Whatevz. I bet there's others around Snafu that have taken interest in the series. IMO It's almost like watching Foster's again.

dude. i watched the entire series up until now because i agree with you.

i keep saying this why does no one believe me: Pinkie Pie Fuscking Ownz.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Noble Atomic » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 pm

doh.

Brb, I have to go hunt and kill Osama Bin Laden.
Last edited by Noble Atomic on Sat May 14, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Noble Atomic wrote:Image

doh.

i say again: Twilight Sparkle must have been raised by fucking Pony Nuns because she is like borderline Rain Man retarded socially.
BR

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I've seen some fragments of it, (more or less inadvertantly) but tuning into Hub a bit too early (I'm trying to fill in all of the Atomic Betty and Fraggle rock episods I missed as a kid, and keep forgetting that the latter isn't shown on Mon. and Fri. in it's slot. I won;t claim I like it, but as least this version isn't so cloyingly sweet it makes me want to rub my skin off with a microplane and then take a bath in salted vinegar (like the orginal did).

Based on what little I have seen, One thing I like about this version is that unlike the original (as far as I know, given the fact that 1. I'm a guy and 2. I have a terrible memory I honestly don't know if this is actually the case) This version admits the fact that there do exist male ponies. Granted they're bit players but at least they are there. I was also amused by thier attempts (in one but I sat through) to try and do something I actually would have thoght impossible, try and make a manticore cute. If one day I see a bit where they try and do a cute cockatrice, I'm going to have a conniption! Or maybe a Bonnacon (actually that woulb probably make for a hilarios plot, the MLP version of "Everyone poops"!)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm

I get irritated when the solutions to problems are "WE JUST DIDN'T CARE AND SHARE HARD ENOUGH" but most of the time the show avoids this. I always mute or skip the theme song, barf. But Winter Wrap Up? ~oh my god~
BR

Postby Alkatae » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 pm

HOLY-
Holy shit.
Holy mother of god I have never seen this show. Hi, I'm someone nobody knows. But I love My Little Pony. So. I must post here. o:

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Alkatae wrote:HOLY-
Holy shit.
Holy mother of god I have never seen this show. Hi, I'm someone nobody knows. But I love My Little Pony. So. I must post here. o:

Welcome to the Foal-d.
BR

Postby Alkatae » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 pm

BeeAre wrote:
Alkatae wrote:HOLY-
Holy shit.

Welcome to the Foal-d.

Why thank you. Now then, I am going to hunt down this show and make love to it.
And get some random avatar thing because the rules want me to. o uo

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Don't get a random avatar. Get a PONY AVATAR *_*
BR

Postby Alkatae » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:36 pm

.. Amazing idea, Miss/Mister Beeare.
I just finished that second episode part thing.
..... YES. THIS SHOW IS EPIC.
Now then, I must get this PONY AVATAR. 8D

Postby Dibullba » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Last edited by Dibullba on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:39 pm

btw the "Bronies" group is one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.

the image of beer drinking exclusively rap and country listening popped collar ponies as avatars for real people who like all that stuff and also my little pony just gets me.
BR

Postby Twist3d » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:20 pm

whoa!!! theres a thread about this!!!! i thought it was a joke!!!

Hey! twilight sparkle is awesome!! though to me all their names sound like some kind of desert or pastry.

- On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Postby BeeAre » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Rarity? Would you eat a Rarity? Or a Fluttershy?
BR

Postby Kaseykockroach » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Dibullba wrote:Do not trust ponies and here is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbYUVn27M9E&feature=related

I have to wonder if that made even a tiny bit of sense in context...

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:46 am

In context it makes all the sense required for the context, so yes. o_o what a terribly pretentious thing to wonder.
BR

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:49 am

I'm actually tempted to watch this show now.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:54 am

Doctress Who wrote:I'm actually tempted to watch this show now.

do it. DO IT. DOOOOO IT.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pensivepony

all the episodes.
BR

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:58 am

ilu BR. I'm going to start watching them right now, thanks for the link.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 am

Doctress Who wrote:ilu BR. I'm going to start watching them right now, thanks for the link.

fast hints:

rarity is a bitch, rainbow dash is so gay, applejack is grating but tolerable and much cuter without her hat, twilight sparkle is a nerd, fluttershy is um cute but boring and PINKIE PIE FUCKING RULES.

also 90% of that magical stupid crap plot in the pilot 2parter? mostly ignored which is good.

also there is an african lady zebra lol

edit: okay okay, i hate rarity much less after seeing the latest episode put up today.

but here is a link to the second half of the best episode, wherein Pinkie Pie fucking cements her position as THE My Little Pwny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htd9KEbNAh8
BR

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)