Totem IC: New Beginnings.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Totem IC: New Beginnings.

Postby Mathias » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Koin (Koh-win) sat in a wooden chair in the foyer of the orphanage. His arms were crossed and his eyes were closed in serious contemplation. He sat and considered something that had bothered him for all of his seventeen years: finding his father. All he had to go on was the name “Roth,” which he adopted into his surname: Rothschild. But this was something of which he had pondered every day with less regard before now. This time, his focus was more serious. He was tired of questioning and wanted to find answers. He decided that he would approach Madame Faren and request to leave the home he had known for all these years to quest for a name.

His cougar totem, Yarn, lie beside him upon the floor. Yarn knew what Koin was thinking, but although he did not necessarily approve, he would not object and would go along with any decision his partner would make.

Surrounding the both of them, the other orphans dashed about the room, playing and carrying on, as they did day in and out. Koin did not get along with most of them because he wasn’t interested in playing or studying. All he ever did was brood over his father, whom had abandoned him at birth when his mother died in labor. This was what he had been told by Madame Faren and the idea filled him with simultaneous anger and curiosity as to who this stranger was.

Koin thrust his eyes open in resolution. He stood up and unfolded his arms in the process. He made his way toward the foyer exit, which led into the hall. He was hampered in this advance when a young girl stood before him in the doorway.

“Move, Adily.” Koin clenched his fists in annoyance.
“I know what you’re going to do, Koin.” The girl, Adily, crossed her arms and stood firm. “It’s a stupid idea.”
“How do you know?” Koin’s brow furrowed. “Can you read my mind?”
“Like a book. You’re the most predictable person on the planet.” She curled her lips, revealing that her response should have been obvious, even to him.
“You’re so annoying, get out of my way!” He moved to push her aside, but she grabbed his wrist and held it fast.
“Don’t try to get past me or I’ll have Fris give you a lesson in charred clothing fashion.” She smirked; she felt that her threat was clever and effective. Her fox totem hopped into view from the hall behind her and plopped down, gazing its head up at Koin.
“Oh, yeah? Well I’ll have Yarn maul him.”
“What a cruel thing to say!” Her jaw was agape. “I know you won’t do it.”
“Won’t I?” A devilish smirk crossed his face.
“Well, maybe you would, but I know that Yarn wouldn’t.”
“I would not,” Yarn affirmed. Adily smiled in satisfaction.
“Grr…you’re supposed to be on my side,” Koin grumbled to Yarn, who only batted his nose in response. “I have to get to my room, Adily.”
“Why? There’s nothing to do in there.” She adjusted her stance a bit and tipped her head back. “There’s a full day ahead of us with plenty to do in here.”
“I need to take a piss,” Koin blurted as the thought came into his head.
Adily raised her left brow and shifted her jaw as she considered his statement.
“Is that true, Yarn?” she asked.
“No, it isn’t,” Yarn replied, shaking his head in disappointment.
“Of course it isn’t.” Adily raised her right brow this time, expressing her dissatisfaction with Koin’s lie.
“Well, what if someone else needs to get by?” Koin asked in frustration.
“Then I’ll let them pass.”
“Well, then.” Koin straightened himself and folded his arms. “I’m gonna stand here until someone wants to get past.”
“Suit yourself.” Adily stared him sharply in the eyes.

Yarn moved over to the wall and laid against it. Fris took this time to scratch behind his left ear with his rear paw.

Re: Totem IC: New Beginnings.

Postby Glacier » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 pm

- Drake Kaiser -

Mid way through the the lover's quarrel between Adily and Koin, a familiar sound could be heard in the back ally behind the orphanage. Someone was dropping in for a visit as the sound of wing beats and trash shuffling about signified the landing of one Drake Kaiser. He spent sometime at the orphanage before he got too old to need to stay there, but the door has always been open to him and he helps out by bringing wayward children and war orphans to Madame Faren when he can.

This particular visit was for both business and nostalgia's sake. He had been out for much longer than usual this time around, but with good reason. He was training his new mentee in the fine arts of women wine and combat. He promised to teach Koin some techniques when he was old enough, but has yet to get around to actually doing it and the year and a half away didn't help much either. If the sound of them landing wasn't enough, Angelus release a joyful roar, Telling all the totems, "I have arrived!" in their own telepathic wavelength.

Drake's mentee took a little coaching, but in time the front doors where flung wide open and in walked the man himself. "So guys, did ya miss me!" he yelled to anyone in ear shot as he took a few steps into the orphanage. He looked back to see his young protege looking on from behind the door frame. "Its ok, these guys are alright, they wont mess with you too much. I have someone I need you to meet though." Drake gestured to the boy to come in and follow him as Drake proceeded to the Madame's usual chambers. "Madame!" he spoke, "Where are you?"

- Randall Betton -

Randall had spent the last year under the care and tutelage of Drake Kaiser and along their journey picked up quite a lot from the man from his style of dress to his courting techniques and wild style of combat. He had yet to visit the famed rune-crafter Drake promised to take him to, but he gave him the directions and told him to go asap even if he couldn't take him. "Just mention me" he said "and the guy should be giddy to help you." After Angelus landed, Randall dismounted the wyvern and petted her one last time before saying his good byes. It wasn't forever, but he knew it would be sometime before they crossed paths again. Syrius nuzzled a spot on Angelus' back before getting off and thanked her for all they'd been doing for the pair. He promised to make it up to her, but their next chapter beckoned.

As Randall looked on from outside while Drake made his presence known, he felt a gentle nudge at the back of his neck. Syrius was standing right behind him wanting them to enter together. It wasn't until Drake looked back that Syrius took it upon himself to crawl under his partner and stand up. They Great wolf was used to being ridden in such a manner and Randall accepted without trying to get off the totems back. Rather than follow, the young man went exploring in his own and came across a girl and a guy in the door way. He didn't speak, but he waved as his totem greeted the others. "Hi, I'm Syrius and this mime on my back is named Randall."

Postby Mathias » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Yarn looked up from his resting place at the sound of Angelus as she alerted him telepathically. Fris also perked his ears up. The two of them looked toward the door as Drake burst in. This caught Koin's and Adily's attention and the pair looked back at him.

"Oh, my, it's Drake!" Adily exclaimed.
"Well, aren't you gonna go greet him?" Koin grinned fiendishly.
"Oooohhh..." Adily grew flustered.
"It would be rude not to."
"Oh, it looks like I won't have to; he's coming this way and he's bringing someone with him."

Koin grumbled a bit, but was happy to see Drake, at any rate. While he was looking forward to Drake's promised lessons, Koin was still conflicted with the desire to venture off on his own.

"Hi, Drake! It's been so long!" Adily waved. "How are you and how's Adenda? Who's your little friend?"

Syrius approached and introduced himself.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Syrius." Adily propped her wrists to her waist and turned her head slightly as she bent over to greet him. "My name is Adily. This is Koin. The fox is my totem, Fris, and the cougar there is Koin's totem, Yarn."

Postby Glacier » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:01 am

"Pleasure to meet ya. He's pleased to meet you too, just too shy to say something." the wolf totem said partly howling with excitement over the new faces, but to that Syrius received a swift kick to the side which hurt them both. "I'll talk when I damn well please to." Randall snapped to his totem. "Just remember the pain only works from me to you. So play nice and I wont have to nip you any more" Syrius replied in thought.

"Hey Adily, Koin, Yarn, Fris... This guy is your new roomy. We're great, just stopping through though. I got another war zone to scour, but Adenda was fine when we left. It's beautiful this time of year by the way. Could either of you point me to Madame Faren? I need to talk to her... about him." Drake said as he walked over to pet the totems and hug Adily and shake Koin's hand with their own hand shake. He saw them as younger siblings and it had been a while since big brother was home. Meanwhile Syrius and Randall looked on quietly, knowing Drake didn't have much time to linger and he'd be spending the rest of his teenage years here or so he thought.

The conversation was interrupted by the loud simultaneous stomach growls of the two famished young men. They both spoke in tandem. "Got any grub around here, I'm starving..." Each looked to the other with a scowl as if to say stop copying me.

Postby Mathias » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:34 am

Adily received Drake's hug graciously and Koin reluctantly shook his hand. Yarn purred a bit as Drake petted him and Fris stood on his tips as Drake stroked his back.

"It's nice to see you again, Sir Drake," Yarn asserted.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Randall and Syrius!" Adily smiled and closed her eyes while nodding. "I'm so glad to hear that we're getting a new face! I'm also glad to hear that Adenda is so beautiful. "Isn't that great, Koin?"
"I guess." Koin shrugged and turned his head away.
"As for Madame Faren, I'll gladly take you to h--whoops!" She quickly brought her hand to her mouth in a vain attempt to keep her words from slipping out.
"Oh, you will, huh?" Koin smirked and raised an eyebrow.
"Well, there's no use fighting it, now. At least I can argue my point to Madame Faren in front of you."
"You're such a nuance," Koin huffed.
"I think you mean 'nuisance.'" Adily sighed before smiling again at Drake. "Sorry, I'll take you to her. Then we can scrounge up some food for you."
Last edited by Mathias on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Glacier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 am

Randall stayed silent and nodded to the cute girl. He wasn't quite sure what to make of this place yet, but if Drake recommended it, he could hardly refuse. These guys didn't seem all that bad even if one seemed to have a major attitude problem and the other was a bit too talkative for his tastes, even though the girl and her totem were cute as a button. Syrius snickered at Randalls mental comments, but kept them to himself. He knew when thoughts were private and when somethings needed to be said, as was the understood bond between totem and human.

Drake was happy to be here, it was like he was home again. He didn't get this feeling a lot, so he chose to savor it whenever he could. "Alright..., lead the way" he said as he awaited her to take the lead. He was a bit curious as to what Koin had in mind, but he needed to stay focused. It was gonna be hard enough convincing the boy to stay put long enough to make friends, but Drake told him the roof was always there for the night if he chose to venture out during the day. He had yet to speak to Madame Faren, but he was hoping the rules hadn't changed much.

Postby Mathias » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Adily turned toward the hall behind her and quickly looked back, shooting a gaze at Koin. He had made and advance towards the hall and stopped and smiled as Adily looked back at him. Adily sighed once more and proceeded down the hall. On the way, she led them past several dormitories, each filled with lines of beds. A few of them merely housed bunk beds and dressers. Madame Faren's office was at the end of the hall. It was strategically placed so that anyone visiting would be forced to see all of the children as they came through. Adily stepped first into the room, which well-lit from the large window on the opposite wall. There was a desk near the western wall with a bookcase behind it. On the eastern wall was a door, which led to the madame's chambers. Madame Faren, herself, stood behind the desk, looking over her texts upon the bookshelf. Koin pushed his way past Adily and into the room, causing her to stumble a bit and leer at him mildly.

"Madame Faren," Adily spoke with an upwards inflection. "There's someone here to see you."

Madame Faren twisted around on her waist and looked out over her glasses.

"Oh, hello, Drake!" Madame Faren greeted him quite happily as she completely turned herself around and made her way to the opposite side of the desk. "It's nice to see you, again. I see you've brought someone with you. And Koin's here, too, I see." She made the last comment with a more discerning tone.

"Yeah," Koin spoke up. "I wanna ask you somethin'."
"Drake's business is more important, Koin." Adily snapped her head and glared at Koin.

Postby Glacier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Drake, Randall, and Syrius followed down the corridor with the two newcomers lagging a bit as they surveyed the dormitories and the people in the ones that were occupied. Drake took in a deep breath as they walked, remembering his time dwelling here. They were good times, but he was happy to see the world despite the constant fighting going on some where or another. The only thing that troubled him were the rumors of totem less bandits terrorizing out lying territories. They were only rumors from what he knew, so he didn't want to trouble anyone with baseless conjecture and bar conversation.

"Hello Madame, still as lovely as the day I left." Drake said. He still felt like a kid standing before her, but it helped him to complement her. "Unfortunately my trip was for naught. Most of the places I saw where scenes no man should set eyes upon, but as you can see I brought you a new ward to care for in my absence. He's a little quiet, but he shouldn't be trouble so long as the kids play nice." Drake said. "Here's the orphanages cut from the sale I made while I was out too. It should cover any immediate expenses for him." Drake said as he handed over a small coin purse. "You need anything else while I'm out Madame, I'll find those herbs someday though. Got some new leads near the place Angelus and I are heading next. I just hope the fighting hasn't wiped them out." Drake said awaiting her response.

Postby Mathias » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 am

Madame Faren took the coin purse from Drake.

"Thank you very much. We'll take good care of these two." She bent down before Randall. "I'm Madame Faren. It's a pleasure to have you grace our company."

She stood again and set the purse onto her desk.

"As for you report, Drake, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you not to speak of it in front of the children here." She gave Drake a sharp glare. Light reflected from the lenses of her glasses.

Is he talking about the rumors I've heard? Adily thought. There was a look of uncertainty upon her face.

"What are you talking about?" blurted Koin. "Look, Madame Faren, I got business with you, so could you hurry this up?"

Adily sighed and brought her fingers to her forehead in frustration.

"Koin, I am going to have to ask you to be patient." Madame Faren's tone was stern. "You two should wait outside." She directed to Koin and Adily.

"Yes, Madame. Come on, Koin." Adily grabbed Koin by the arm and tugged him along.

"But I'm not through, yet!" Koin yelped.

Yarn was last out the door and he promptly closed it behind him.

"Now, then. Tell me about these 'new leads' and who this young man is." Madame Faren directed as she walked around her desk and took a seat in the chair.

Postby DaCrum » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Amongst the sounds of the orphans and totems playing, Joseph sat. His veneer of 'jolly fat man' that so many kids bought into was rather thin right now, as the obtuse boy sat, thinking, pondering the ways of life, death, the movement of power and energy into the world. Sex, the glory of sex. The only use of women it seems., thought the misogynistic boy, still young in his thoughts, his hatred of his treacherous aunt lingering in the deep realms of his conscious, an echo of a voice, sneering, jeering at the once child. His jaded heart shown brightly, enough that any intuitive child could truly see the hatred in the eyes of the rotund near-man. He counted on the naïveté of the children to protect his inner feelings of anger. O fortuna, like the moon. Ever changing. Detestable. In various forms, the teenager was happy. He had a certain amount of bitterness, however, on the conditions that lead to his internment in the orphanage. He hated his aunt. She ruined his life. In one of the few moments of great sorrow in his life, he was so dastardly evicted from his proper estate. The lecherous woman had destroyed everything he had. The luxury of tobacco. The intellect of his uncle's ancient library. Who knows what changes she had done to the manor. What disgusting horrors she had wrought against his good name.

Sibelius flew in small circles around the boy. The darting eyes of the beast danced around the room, training itself on children of interest to him, investigating by flying closer, and finding the children boring, retreating once again to the proximity of his master. The raven was large compared to the larger children, and monstrous to the smallest of children. It was an intimidating black, its feathers shadowy tendrils glistening along the avian body. After its patrols, it rested its talons on the shoulder of Joseph, looking simultaneously sinister, and innocent.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Glacier » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Syrius wagged his tail back and forth as Madame Faren approached, he liked what he sensed about her, but all Randall was focused on was not staring at her chest as she bent down to great him. He nodded, "Um, yeah... this place seems well enough. I'm gonna explore a bit. chao." he said as he went into the hall after Adily and Koin. Syrius decided to stay put and got within petting distance of Drake. He knew the hand nearest him would start doing something and he rather enjoyed it.

"So, um what's it like living here?" Randall asked. He didn't care or mind what Drake was going to say about them, and Syrius was there so he had a set of ears in the room so to speak. For now he wanted to get a better idea of what he was getting into from the people who actually lived here now.

"Alright, I'm not sure how much you've heard, but the rumors are even spreading around here from what we picked up on a stop before coming here. Bandits without totems doing some pretty nasty things... I can't confirm it now, but the place I'm going to was supposed to have been hit by them recently and the people are still fighting them. I always seem to be one step behind them and there are never any herbs to be found, just dead soil where they once grew and desecrated battlefields. I mean like atrocities against nature, but I've only been able to catch the aftermath. I hope to get there before they move on this time." he said.

"About the boy though, I can't tell you much. I found these two on their death bed: bloody and beaten and starving. They looked like they were escaping from a nearby desert town, but neither of them have told me what happened to them." "We escaped a hostile environment by force!" Syrius quickly interjected. "We've got no home or blood family and that's all there is to it." he said before nudging the hand that stopped petting him to resume. "I've taught them basic survival and combat skills, but Randall doesn't open up easily. I can't really tell if he trusts me or not, 'cause he only started talking to me in recent weeks. I thought he was mute before that. He's a good kid, but I don't see him getting adopted.... I wish I could say more, but he's a puzzle you'll have to unlock yourself. Oh yeah, he loves meat and there's pain in his eyes... that's all I got." Drake said looking to Syrius, but all he got back was a blank stare.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 pm

-Town Square-

The town square of Refthelm was a busy place. The whole place bustled with the comings and goings animal drawn carts going to and from market, street vendors advertizing their wears and people just out and about simply enjoying another bright sunny day in the square. It was here in the street that Rana felt most at home. Here in the midst of the crowd she could be just another person, not an orphan or a runaway, a refugee, an outcast, or an outsider, or a halfmade mute. As long as no one bothered her, she could just be. The one title she wouldn’t begrudge them is thief. Rana was in fact a thief and a pickpocket and a fair one at that. A girl had to eat and Rana wasn’t ashamed of the fact, not too ashamed anyway. Roscoe always made sure to voice is concerns if there was ever another way to keep themselves fed and clothed. It was a thoroughly distasteful way to live, but there were times even he saw that there was no other way.

Right now though, the pair was thoroughly content. Rana sat in the shade of the big fountain in the center square, her cloak draped around her like a giant blanket. Roscoe sat comfortably curled up in Rana’s lap as she stroked his soft fur over and over. With her head down and oversized pillow hat obscuring her vision, Rana could believe for a moment that she just might have found a place to stay. It was a thought Rana never let herself dwell on for long though. It was only a matter of time before she would be caught and thrown into the orphanage or worse into jail. Madame Faren’s place was nicer than most. It was a miracle though that Roscoe had even convinced her to take in the occasional hot meal. Even so she never stayed. Just like everywhere else Rana just never felt that she belonged. As it was, it was only a matter of time before she would have to pick up and move on again. It was a shame really.

Rana bit contentedly into an apple she had pilfered the day previous. It tasted wonderfully. Heck anything that wasn’t half rotten was a pleasure to eat, but on a day like today, a fresh apple was a pure treasure. “I’m thinking we should be going soon. We’ve been here too long already.” Rana thought to Roscoe.

(“You don’t have to leave you know. I know I’ve said this before but you could stay with Madame Faren. She is a very nice woman.”)

“It’s not home though.”

(“Nowhere seems to be home for you.”) Roscoe thought to himself sadly. (“Just think about it, ok? You’ve always wanted regular meals and a nice warm bed to call your own.”)

Shut up Roscoe.” She responded, sounding hurt. Roscoe knew exactly how Rana felt. She wouldn’t accept anyone’s help in anything. Everything they had done had been on their own. They had survived and they had come a long way. If they couldn’t do it themselves she didn’t want any part in it. Roscoe also knew that if they didn’t accept the help and the kindness of others they might never find themselves a place to stay. Rana didn’t see things like that though. “Home is where my hat is, remember? You said that when we first ran away. Home is where I am right now. When I find somewhere I want to stay I’ll let you know, but it isn’t here. Tomorrow, or maybe the day after, we’re leaving. It’s time to go.” Roscoe dreaded those words but there was nothing he could to. When Rana wanted to leave, there was no stopping her.

Postby Mathias » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:51 am

"Koin, this is your last chance to think things through." Adily stood with her hands clasped around her waist.
"I've thought about it enough," Koin replied. "I know what I wanna do."
"You're so stupid! You won't survive out there, your grades are proof of that."
"Why is this such an issue for you?"
"Because you're my friend and I care about you."
"I never asked for your friendship."
"You didn't have to."

At this moment, Randall came out of the office and posed his question.

"It sucks."
"Koin!" Adily placed her hand upon Randall's shoulder. "Ignore him. This place is wonderful! There are so many interesting kids here and they have some amazing totems. Madame Faren is a great teacher and she's very friendly."
"I hope she's friendly enough to give me my wish." Koin remarked.
"Koin, quit being selfish." Adily's fingers clenched Randall's shoulder, hard enough to leave imprints.

Postby LEVIATHAN » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Alex had fallen asleep, Drowsy and tired, that's what you would find him almost always doing, sleeping until, that is, he heard a loud noise.The sound was a load Roar,and Blythe ran over to the sound, normally when something roars, you run away.All became clear to Alex when the doors burst open and one Drake Kaiser came into the orphanage. Alex lay there mumbling "Just what I need the big showoff!". Alex didn't really like drake because he thought the orphanage liked him better than everyone else. Blythe came back and looked at Alex (Alex why don't you go see Drake and Angelus ,they don't even know you...) "And that's how it's going to stay Blythe, I told you I don't like him!" (But why for what reason?)
"I have my own issues Blythe..." and after that Blythe returned to totem form,and Alex stood up watching Drake with squinted eyes.

Alex had planned to just stay there and watch Drake, but then he spotted a boy with him, after what looked like a boy whom Drake announced to everyone as Randall "Hmmm, well nows as good a time as any to make a positive impression on people, He followed both Randall and Drake down the hall eventually they stopped to talk to Madame Faren and Randall ran off
Alex was hiding behind a corner and came out following Randall, stopping only long enough to glare at Drake. He continued running down the hall towards Randall, when they stopped to talk, Alex stopped, but the walked up casually tapping him on the shoulder and startling him. He perked up and said "Hi, I'm Alexander, but you can call me Alex if ya want to"

Postby Glacier » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 am

The one thing Randall was hoping for was a lack of community or family atmosphere he'd heard so much about. He was hoping they would be normal orphans, like Koin, but the people were friendly. He knew he was a social being, but there were rules to engagement here that were in pieces all over the floor from his point of view. He was a tad nervous at the touch of a current stranger he just met, but a twinge of pain struck his face when the grip on his shoulder tightened. Syrius' ears twitched as he intercepted a thought crossing Randall's mind too loud to be ignored. it was a LET GO!! twinged with fury.

Little did his new housemates know, Drake and Randall had just finished an intense all out sparing match. Neither got off unscathed, but Angelus was a much more powerful opponent, so Randall was like a mummy under his clothes. He had a few scrapes and scratches that said he had it rough sometimes, but there was no way any of them could tell, but he didn't care.... his shoulder was in pain.

Randall calmly reached into his back pocket, while gripping the offending hand on his shoulder with the other. Two points he squeezed like a pincer to cause enough pain for the grip to loosen without leaving a mark or drawing blood. The girl might feel like she'd been pinched, but nothing too severe or long lasting. "Thanks" he said in reply with a slight smile. It was fake, but he heard it left a good impression. He was about to leave them to their business when he was tapped on the shoulder. The same shoulder, and he was still itching to get the stench of defeat off him, so he reacted like a trauma victim would. He drew his dagger on the kid as he turned around, placing the invisible blade to the kids neck as he turned in one swift motion. He held the handle in his fist in an nontraditional style, with the blade extending out from the bottom of his clenched fist as a rouge might of someone about to stab someone in the shower.

"Why are you following me?" were the only words to come out the kids mouth and he expected an answer whether the knife could be felt or not. As it was a product of totem magic and materials, the totems could see it plane as day. It was a humans eyes that were fooled by the trick of the light. So while it was completely undetected among those people who would be appalled, the totems would be reacting as if he just pulled a knife, which he did. He knew this, played the scenario in his mind like a flash when Adily put her hand on him. His personal space was being violated and he didn't like it one bit.
Last edited by Glacier on Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LEVIATHAN » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Alex laid there, pinned to the ground, by some boy he had just met.He seemed not only angry , but looking beyond that showed a small pinch of fear, the kind that doesn't let you trust anyone to quickly.Alex coundn't very well hope to beat this kid currently, and didn't want to,he also so the girl who was behind him, if he wanted to gain any friends without becoming a laughing stock, he'd have to choose his next actions very carefully. Fighting Randall would only wind up with everyone taking his side ,and getting beaten by this kid wasn't on the top of his to do list for today."Look I was just tryin to get...to know ya kid...Damn and would you get off !" Alex kicked the boy off of him."Yeesh I couldn't breathe oh, and gimme a break , I just wanted to meet ya. Give you a welcome yanno?"Alex stood there eyes tearing,probably do to the fact he was choking under Randall's weight.
"Apparently you never heard of manners from wherever your from , and why the hell is my neck bleedin?" Alex didn't like being attacked without a good reason.

Postby Glacier » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm

It was about the time that Alex started putting two and two together that Syrius pounced upon his human. Randall had seemed to calm down under the mass of his totem, but that hadn't changed the fact that he just attacked an unknown stranger. "I'm fine Syrius, now get off. You're too freakin heavy!" The knife fell to the floor in the scuffle, glimmering for a moment as it hit the floor with a clank, then resuming its camouflage.

Syrius put his oversized tail over the knife as he continued to lay upon Randall. "I swear I cant leave you alone for two minutes and you start picking fights.... Terribly sorry mate... I'm his better half, Syrius." the giant wolf said holding out a paw to Randall's would be victim. Syrius noticed the blood and without a second thought he licked the small cut closed with his icy tongue. Not one for the taste of blood since that accident, he twinged having to taste it again. He preferred cooked meat to raw any day. "I'm not getting up till you apologize by the way" said totem to human. to which Randall replied by sucking his teeth. "fat ass wolf is crushing me..." he thought.

Postby Reiu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

The smell of blood was intense, besides the smell of burning flesh. Smoke filled his eyes, causing them to water. He had to get out, despite what his mom told him. The door would move, and eventually his totem froze the door and it broke. The smell entered the hidden room, intensifying it to an intolerable level. He had to get out. He left the room, looking around, he saw his mom, lifeless with a pool of blood around her. He gasp, his soft voice echoing through the room, the smoke making him then cough. He then heard the sound of footsteps, and looking behind, he saw a man raise a blood stained blade, that soon fell to smite him...

"NO!!" his scream tore him from sleep. Orrin sat up, breath coming in short rasps as he gave a shudder. Cua, his totem, was looking at him, then proceeded to fly to him, curling around him. "hush, it's only a dream." Cua nuzzled him with her snout, her icy breath against his face. "Yes, I know." Orrin softly said, stroking Cua's soft fur that ladened her back. "I heard some new people have arrived, maybe we could go meet them." Cua said, uncurling herself and fly towards the dresser. Orrin smiled, getting off the bed, touching the scar on his chest, "sure, that'll help get the dream off." Putting his clothes on, Orrin left the room, Cua softly gliding behind him, rumbling softly.

Soon after, he heard some people talking, only to find a stranger and a wolf with another boy that stayed here. That's Alex, Orrin thought, looking at Cua. Yes, and there's blood on his neck too, she remarked, her serpentine eyes on the stranger. Gasping, Orrin ran to Alex, "Alex! You ok?" he remarked in his soft voice. Looking at the stranger, he pushed his longish hair back, curling it behind his ears. Dammit, forgot the clip, he thought. "What did you just do to him?" He demanded, looking at the stranger.

Postby Glacier » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:39 am

Randall looked up from under his totem and eyeballed the new comer. "None ya..." the kid said trying to squirm his way out form under his behemoth of a totem. "I'm hurt you bum, your only making this take longer.." he said to his totem. it was mostly muffled in his fur though. "My recovery.. that kick to my ribs wasn't soft. They were already throbbing, now they wont stop and your weight ain't helping Syrius..." "Serves you right. now apologize and you wont have to worry about it." Randall turned his head to the other side. As much as he hated to admit it, Syrius was right. They were supposed to be turning over a new leaf, not carrying baggage any more. It was just hard to wash off the past. Especially when he hadn't gotten closure. "I wanted to do it..." Yeah I know, but you met Drake afterward remember.... I did what we had to...." "Night... can't breathe..... Zzzz..." Randall closed his eyes and drifted off as if nothing was out of the ordinary was happening. Syrius stayed put slowly moving the knife under his tail as he curled it into a question mark...

Postby LEVIATHAN » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:02 am

Alex stood there for a moment watching the scene play out for a moment. The boy Randall's totem licked his wound clean and apoligized for Randall's behavior.Then Blythe appeared out to greet this new totem (It was partially his fault too, he shouldn't have stalked you like a murderer) she said to both of them. Then Orrin walked out with his totem Cua and rushed over to help him."Orrin, the one guy I like too see 'round here" . Now seeing as they were all around ,any thing he and Randall did near each other was suspect."Look, i don't know you and you don't know me, and I can tell you are in need of some friends so...let's just try talking this out without using our fists" he paused and turned back to orrin."As to what happened ,we were, let's just say...getting to know each other". Blythe wispered to Alex (What are you doing) he turned and smiled "Making friends".He then turned to the girl watching them,"Sorry for all the fuss,guess that's just how we guys are..."

Postby Glacier » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:56 am

"Not falling for it" Syrius replied to Randall. "See they are fairly reasonable. He just wants to befriend you and I like his totem... so dont f' this up... besides, his totem has a rune and I don't. It would be a no contest if you actually fought him right now"

"Yeah yeah fine, but we see Drake's friend first thing in the morning then. No hanging around your new friend till we get back..."

"pshh like your fit to travel, why not ask them to come! it's not far and we can be back before lunch if we make haste.
" Randall didn't respond mentally instead he just said what was on his mind. "Ok.." he wasn't really listening to the boy explaining himself, so whatever terms he spoke he pretty much agreed to. Syrius got up and after a moment to catch his breath, so did Randall. He pocketed the knife on his way back to his feet and bowed his head in front of Alex. "Sorry... I'm new at this, but care for a meat stick on me. I saw a vendor on the way in I want to check out." Randall said. Syrius was shocked, but proud his human was making his first steps toward friendship since he learned not to bite the hand that feeds him.

Postby LEVIATHAN » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Blythe looked over to Alex (I wouldn't trust them so quickly, Alex) Alex squinted and looked back "I don't,but it's only just because he almost tuned me into a human kabob ,he's got problems with meeting people, so I'll give him, a fresh slate.Although he has earned some points for offering a meat stick.." Alex turned back to everyone and replied to Randall "sure dude..although if Orrin or or those two behind you wanna come...I hope they have their own money.Cause I aint payin for em an you shouldn't have to, your new here aint ya?!" He said with a slight smile and a bit of a chuckle."And if you wanna I can show you the one cool I have left from...." Alex stood there silent and then perked back up " Nevermind, let's just go. Alex walked to the machine thinking about why his parents left him so easily and quick "Didn't you want me, neither you or my mom and dad...really...?" He said out loud as he walked.

Return to Role Playing