Character Sheet Template:
• Name: Sir* Rufus J. Firefly III
• Sex: Male
• Rank: Colonel
• Race: Human
• Age: 60
• Preferred Role in the Crew: Bridge Officer
• Appearance: Rufus stands 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs a whippy 165 pounds. He possesses no fat whatsoever, only muscle on his lithe frame. Which means he looks deceptively weak. He has a scar running from the right side of his jawbone to just below his right ear. There is a small puckered scar on his torso around his fourth rib on his right side. His left arm in bionic from the elbow down, though skin has been regrown and transplanted so that it’s impossible to tell unless the skin is gouged deep enough. Stony grey eyes peer out of a face which is a tad gaunt looking. His skin has a leathery look to it and is tanned quite a bit, sort of like an old boot. Rufus’ face is creased, smile marks showing in the usual places. He has a drooping white mustache that he is quite proud of. His hair is snow white and he is fundamentally bald on top and the front of his head with a handful of wisps remaining. The rest of his hair is in a fringe around the back and sides of his head. Rufus always wears the full dress uniform of his rank. Shiny black boots that come up to just below his knees, tucked into which are light blue trousers with a red stripe up the sides. His torso is clad in a royal blue tunic that buttons up the right side. The left breast has the emblem of the Galactic Federation emroidered in golden thread. The edges of the tunic have a crimson trim and the cuffs are the same colour. From his left breast, below the emblem, hangs three Medallion Crimsons**, three Macharian Crosses*** and an Honorifica Imperialis****. Two golden braids loop from his left shoulder blade to just below collar of the high necked tunic. One braid loops under his arm, the other across his upper arm, his shoulders have golden epaulets. He wears a forest green sash across his chest, from right to left, which is a sysmbol of his knighthood. Rufus then had a sturdy black leather belt about his waist, strapped over the sash.
• Brief Description of Personality: Rufus is a rather foppish old gent. He stands on a decorum that has not been seen regularly for centuries. The old man wears his experience prouldy and regularly relays tales of his exploits and the drop of a hat. He is bizarrely chipper and up beat, even underfire, and is likely to make a witty remark or deliver a joke in his polished British accent even under the direst circumstances. This comedic trait can be deceiving, high spirits and sense of humour aside, he is a deadly old man, tough as an old boot. He's seen more battles than any active officer and has the scars to prove it.
• Brief History: Rufus J. Firefly III was born to a Middle Upper Class family. The Firefly’s had a long history as officers of the Galactic Federation, all the way back to the first recorded in the Firefly family tree. Who rose to the rate of Fleet Admiral. So naturally Rufus was destined for military service. He was trained in etiquette and manners from a very young age. His father taught him everything he knew about gentlemanly conduct and the like as well as hand to hand combat, deeming guns for cowards. When he was old enough he embraced his enrollment in flight school. He excelled and passed his test and examinations on the first try. Rufus has taken part of some of the most brutal boarding actions and ship defenses that the Galaxy has seen in the past 50. He has encountered almost every race known to the Galactic Federation. He’s received many medals of distinction and valour. He now finds himself aboard the GFS Tycho.
• Choice Weaponry:
Rufus carries a power cane. It’s a power weapon that doesn’t look like one at all, it merely resembles a walking cane. A cane with a three foot length of a smooth black material, which is actually ceramite, and topped with a round golden knob. The knob is slightly oval to provide an easier grip when being used as a weapon. Twisting the knob just so activates the focused energy fields that runs the length of the shaft. He also carries an ornate and antiquated autopistol handed down through generations.
• Magical Status: N/A
* Rufus is a Knight of Medusa , an honorific title given to officers of the rank of a Colonel and above. It is given to those who have led their units 30 or more days of consecutive combat.
**It is given to those who did their duty despite being mortally wounded. As such many are awarded posthumously
*** Awarded officers to reward successful and intelligent application of the Tactica Galacticus in battle. Those who bear it have a chance to be included into the general staff of future campaigns where their skills can be of use.
**** The bearer of an Honorifica Galacticus is regarded as a genuine hero of the Galactic Federation and will enjoy the highest regards from his comrades and superiors.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."