Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Glacier » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:56 pm

CS

Character Name: Nathyne Hawkstrider

Character Gender: Male

Character Class: Archer – Ranger: Called by the wild, these adventurers venture into the unforgiving primal world. Masters of their environment, they are able to slip like ghosts through the trees and lay traps in the paths of their enemies.

Appearance: He stands at 6’0” even and has a slender yet well toned build. He has raven black hair and tanned skin. He wears leather armor with chain mail underneath for mobility and protection. His body is covered in a myriad of tattoos, each done in a different art style by many different artists. Several were done by him on the places he could reach to do them. Each represents something different, but all of them have their ties in nature

Each piece of leather is handcrafted , but no pieces are the same type of leather. His boots are tan with black embroidery going up the sides in a tribal design. He wears mail pants and a black leather jerkin. The leather is glossy, but has no markings. He also has a black hooded cloak he wears while traveling and scouting.

Special skills: Base skills and some in the list are progressions of the same skill. ie Flame Shot -> Burst Shot & Rapid Fire -> Arrow Time

1, Rapid Fire - This technique focuses less on the aim and more on the shooting allowing for a quick succession to each shot, but accuracy and precision suffer. Useful on large targets or larger groups

Escape Shot - An arrow with a pepper smoke powder bomb attached. The purpose of this shot is inherent to the name, by enough time to escape and leave no trace

2, Trip Wire - A simple trip wire trap connected to a log on a rope or vine. When the trap is triggered the log swings down upon the unsuspecting victim

Trick Shot - An arrow dipped in a vial containing a concoction that has multiple affects. The most common is a simple poison, but the affect can range from paralysis to spell silencing and petrification

5, Sleep Trap - This trap when triggered releases a fast acting sleeping powder. The smell is sweet and subtle, but if you smell a sweet scent in the air its already too late... Slumber is only a few breaths away.

Piercing Shot - An obsidian tipped arrow is fired with amazing accuracy, able to pierce a single target before getting stuck in the next. Causes a critical hit if the shot connects

10, Grease Trap - A grease barrel setup to explode when the trigger is tripped. Sprays grease on anything nearby and leaves a large puddle to slow and trip up enemies. Flammable!

Flame Shot - A flaming arrow capable of lighting things on fire including traps from afar. The torch is just behind the arrow head allowing the shot to stick then burn.

15, Rapid Fire Mk. II - The archer can shoot faster than before with lesser penalties to precision, but accuracy remains further impaired. Can use special shots now, but they suffer an additional penalty to accuracy unless the shots effect cancels it out.

Arrow Trap - An elaborate set up of mounted crossbows fire at random from different directions when triggered

20, Pitfall Trap - A spike bottom pit, any who fall in don't come out

Trick Shot Mk. II - A more potent concoction of the same strain. The effects last longer with a higher chance of variability from the usual poison effects

25, Pierce Shot Mk. II - The archers fires a poison coated obsidian tipped arrow. Capable of going through a small tree. Hard to pull out if it stops in you and does DOT through bleeding & poison. further range than normal

Multi-shot - The archer learns to fire 2 arrows at the same time. As a result the shots range & power suffer and the arrows go at a 45 degree angle, not straight

30, Burst Shot - An arrow with a bomb attached. Detonates after a short time casing splash damage

Razor Wire Trap - a complex web of razor wire is constructed to impede and cut flesh to ribbons. won't kill by the cut alone, the wire is coated in snake venom

35, Death Device - An intricate combination of traps that allows for many different setups. Only 3 traps can be combined successfully. Only traps up to lv 30 can be used by this skill

Rapid Fire Mk. III - The archer further increases his firing rate with smaller penalties. Able to move and fire with much larger penalties while on the go

40, Double Trip Wire - a second trip wire placed in proximity to the first. sets off a series of events, logs come swooping down from opposite direction to crush whatever is between them, then a boulder comes rolling down to sweep up

Flaming Multi-shot - Fires two flaming arrows simultaneously

45, Arrow Trap - Inferno - Flaming arrows are mounted into the cross bows, and oil set on slings. When the trap is triggered the oil launches first followed by the flaming volley

50, Trick Shot Mk. III - A very potent toxin is used with poison as the least of your worries. the effects are crippling and last a good while

Multi Shot Mk. II - Doubles up on the arrows. Capable of firing 4 arrows at a time in a wider fan pattern. 2 on each side. Require a composite bow

55, Pierce Shot Mk. III - One shot to pierce them all.. the distance and power increase from Mk. II
instant crit and poison / bleeding

Burst Shot Multi - Fires 4 bomb rigged arrows in a fan pattern

60, Arrow Time - The archer has mastered the Rapid Fire technique and as a result reacts and thinks much quicker in this state. A trance of sorts, the archer must concentrate to activate this mode. Can fire at peak human speeds, but must stand still to do so allowing for quick volleys before he relocates or retreats into the woods. Suffers little penalty to precision or accuracy, long cool down

Piercing Rain - A long range arrow trap. When triggered a full quiver / clip of bolts / arrows is launched into the air. X marks the general area they will fall. Single volley

65, Blast Shot - A more potent explosive is used causing a larger explosion than before

Death Device Mk.II - Able to combine 2 traps beyond lv.30 and 4 below. If mixing only 3. 1 from over 30 and 2 from under.

70, Escape Shot Multi - now the whole party can flee! 4 escape shots in a fan pattern.... they went that way or was it this way? ????

Death By Acid - A pit filled with acid lays in wait for the victim. a series of explosions guides the victim to their impending doom followed by an oil slick that sends them cascading to their demise. it's soon lit on fire leaving no choice but to head toward death at the center. A pendulum axe comes swinging down to maim or be dodged to switch open the trap floor which is fairly large and into the pit they go

75 Arrow Time Mk.II The archer has gotten familiar with the feeling and intense concentration required. As a result the mode lasts longer and the archer suffers no penalty to accuracy or precision. As he's firing as fast a he possibly can, He becomes a death sniper in this mode. Able to move and fire in this mode now, he will suffer penalties when moving.

Fireworks - Bombs attached to the arrows of a Piercing Rain trap. Deadly but not all detonate on time, some burst in the sky, others delay ignition till they hit the ground or someone.

Weapon: A Grand Oak long bow, a crossbow, and an obsidian skinning dagger.. His primary bow is crafted from the bark of an ancient tree at the center of the forest he grew up in. Much like himself, the wood is engraved throughout with various markings and designs carved/ burned into it from previous owners. The crossbow is a standard issue cross bow and only used when something is too close to require the long bow or to set off traps. The dagger is for skinning game, but he can use it for close range encounters to parry strikes, etc.

Fighting Style: As an archer he uses long range and diversionary tactics and prefers to pick off his opponents before they know they’re being watched. He’s a ranger which means he scouts an area and with his trap making abilities he sets the murder scene and lies in wait for his prey to take the bait. Quick and nimble, he’s able to avoid attacks for a short while, but must put distance between himself and an opponent if he wishes to survive. Luckily he’s a master of his environment.
Last edited by Glacier on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Villain » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:25 am

I know I should probably give a serious and well thought out critique of your CS but all I can think of after reading it is
Stop...... ARROW TIME!
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:28 pm

I got bored... thought of this... thought it fitted here... sorry >.>

The strange adventures of NPC Ann

The following recorded event started about 3 weeks ago. More of these cases are being reported all over the land.

Ann was what you would call a regular woman. She lived in the little village of Muckville and ran a granary she inherited from her husband, after he had died in last years Whippletail plague. She didnt mind though. She, and most of the village, always knew that Derrick would meet his end to something as simple as that one day. He wasnt really the smartest guy around. But she loved him nonetheless. And now she ran the Muckville granary with some help of her neighbors.

Ann felt a tingle in the air that morning, as she got up at the first orange rays of sun. As if a electric charge was floating in the air. Much like you'd feel when Zomzom's are around. But Ann didnt think much of it, she had work to do and it sure wasnt going to do itself. So she went to work, till it was finally in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the sky baby blue, the grassy hills green and the birds where chirping. So far she hadnt left the granary yet, and was glad to smell some fresh air. As she made her way to the city square she saw Tom standing still in the middle of the street. She'd known Tom for a long time now, so she moved a little closer to see what was troubling him.

She said hi, but he didnt respond. She asked if there was any trouble, but he didnt respond. A bit curious she waved her hand in front of his face, but again he didnt respond. He was just standing there, breathing and staring at some invisible point in front of him. Slightly worried Ann made her way into the town quickly, hoping to find the town' doctor Benny. Inside the town she saw little groups of people, all huddled around something. Upon closer inspection she saw that all these groups were surrounding more townsfolk that stopped moving.

She hurried to Benny, and quickly saw she wasnt the only one who had that idea. Townsfolk were questioning him as if he was the cause of this all. Benny never was a great speaker, so he just cowered for the mob. Ann jumped forward and tried to calm the mob down, before the torches and pitchforks would be pulled. She took Benny alone and asked him what was happening. Benny said that he had no idea, he'd never seen anything like it. The frozen people where perfectly fine, in fact they where in better shape then ever. He said he already send out a messenger that morning, to the nearby city of Lolendale, asking the local mage's guild for help. He told Ann that there wasnt much he could do about it.

And so the frozen people stayed where they where for the next few days. More townsfolk started to join them in their endless stare. With still no word from the mage's guild, Ann and some others started to worry. Strangely enough the frozen people didnt seem to need food or sleep anymore. But they where starting to creep out the remaining townsfolk, so all the frozen people where moved to a nearby empty barn until a cure could be found.

A week had passed now, and with Ann only 4 others had so far not 'turned'. Something weird had happened overnight that had Ann worried sick. All the frozen people had moved into places scattered around the town and where now doing... things. Normal everyday stuff. Like sweeping the floor or walking around town. But that was the only thing they where doing, looping even. As if scripted. Badly scripted though, as some townsfolk where even walking into walls.

Around halfway into the second week all the remaining townsfolk were 'turned' as well. It was a strange sensation, you kept full awareness of your surroundings, but your body was taken over by a invisible force. Ann soon found herself standing in front of her granary, with something strange floating thing above her head. She couldnt quite see it from her perspective, but she was sure it was a exclamation mark. A big golden, glowing exclamation mark. For the rest of the week Ann just stood there, staring off in the distance with her neighbor Margret standing next to her clipping away at the bushes, even though she was standing 3 feet away from it.

In the third week Ann finally saw something on the horizon. Even though it was still too far away to tell for sure, Ann knew it was an adventurer. They'd sometimes come by the village and help out with some minor problems, like last year's Whippletail plague in exchange for money. Soon the adventurer came into vision, and Ann could see that it was a female warrior. But Ann also saw that there was something wrong with this adventurer. First of all, she was constantly jumping. As if that made her faster or something. Secondly it was the way she was dressed. Now fashion for female warrior has always been about showing off skin, but at the same time maintaining functionality. She however didnt seem to have gotten that last part of the message. She was wearing a single mail shoulder pauldron with a single mail glove, both on her right arm only. Her chest armor consisted of two metal hands holding on to her breasts. She didnt wear any pants, sufficing with only what looked like a metal thong. At least her plate boots looked reasonable, Ann thought. Until the adventurer was close enough to reveal they had in fact high heels.

The adventurer has the same gaze in her eyes as the frozen people had, but her expression was fixed to that what probably resembled seduction or something. She ran straight at Ann, who was hoping she had a solution to this all. Instead she felt a shiver running over her body, almost as if somebody had touched her and was surprised to find she was suddenly talking! "Oh thank god you're here <xXFighterGirlXx>, our crops are being attacked by wild Whippertails and we cant do anything about it! Please help us out and kill those Whippertails. Bring me 10 tails as proof and I'll reward you." The adventurer jumped off to the fields, leaving Ann behind in confusion. The exclamation mark had gone gray.
Mephobiac

Postby Karo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:18 pm

It has the potential to godmod too easily, Arch.

Glacier, we don't have Tier spell, they need to be assigned to levels. Also, no drill bits. Also, I've already said that physical skills cannot transcend human potential. Otherwise it looks good.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Glacier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks Karo. I just needed something to group them in cause I couldn't list them in lvl format yet, dont want him too powerful or weak for his lvl. I'll tweak the descriptions, and probably make it Pierce Shot Mk. II instead of a drill shot then.

So long as everything else is in order I can have him finished either tonight of tomorrow.

Postby Nyc101010101 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Does anyone want to see if there is something I can change to make my CS better? I've read it over and Karo's suggestions. I don't see what I missed!
Holy S***! I... just lost my train of thought...

Postby Glacier » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm

It looks ok to me at first glance. I'd add more skills or actual moves / techniques, but I'm not the GM either so thats really between you and Karo. Just be as detailed as you can and I doubt you'll have a problem. I got to keep tweaking my own CS, so... good luck

Postby Villain » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Alright Karo, I changed it and added the second half of his appearance which sadly only brings it up to two paragraphs. I can see the god mod potential of it so I replaced them with more fitting abilitys (And got rid of the summoning powers).

@NYC Let me look back at it and see what I can say.

Edit: Her skills need a lot more adjustements. If you want a good idea of how it works look at mine or even Gareths for a public display of how skills can/should be set up. Or you can have 2 skills every level for 75 levels (AKA The hard road.) but either way skills need to be revamped. You can be creative with them, not all skills have to be <3P1C L33T F1R3 BA11> they can be like what glacier is doing in which some powers are traps instead of actual powers.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm

When's IC start?

Postby Glacier » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:49 am

I think we need a 10 man party which means we need 10 accepted CS. Also mine has been updated. I got lvls

Postby Garethcool » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Glacier wrote:Real Name: Brian Jenkins

BRRRRIIIIIIAAAAAAAN!

mmmJEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNKIIIIIINNNNNS!
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Correction:

LEEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEEENNNNKIIIIIIIINS!

Postby Villain » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Double Correction: THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Garethcool » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm

But Keiran. That's mah joke.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:36 pm

I know.

Postby Glacier » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:54 pm

So long as ya get the reference I'm happy :mrgreen:

Postby Karo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:30 pm

You got the levels wrong Glacier. It's 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, and 75.

And Arch, I haven't gone over all of those skills yet, but I still don't like the total number for Soul Siphon. Twenty is more than any amount of monsters you'll face in the game. And thirty is absolutely unacceptable. I don't want the max to be any more than ten, period. I don't like Feed me your life either. It's still a vampiric ability.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Villain » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Alright I'll go back and lower it down to 10 being the maximum and my first level soul siphon going up to 4 with the advanced version going to 4-7 and the final one from 7-10.

And I was running out of ideas so, does anyone have a power or something they could pitch for me to replace? I'm all out of dark powers that don't infringe on the Wizard's territory to much. (Unless I go with my Dark Tendrils bursting from his back thing and using them as weapons.)

Edit: Forget it, I simply went with my tentacle idea.

Postby Karo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Void Lash does too many things Arch. You need to pick one thing or another, not four abilities wrapped into one.

Postby Villain » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Alright, knocked it down to one thing. So, every complaint has been dealt with, no?

Postby Glacier » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:48 am

:| back to work then... I'll get it right and it'll be a masterpiece when I'm done I tell you!

Postby Karo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 am

Yep. Looks good now Arch.

Postby Keiran » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:30 pm

Karo, what characters are we missing?

Postby Karo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 pm

We're waiting for Glacier's Archer, then we can start.

Postby Keiran » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Alright, sweet.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing