Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Keiran » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:37 pm

... so many rogues...

May I make a second character?

Postby Garethcool » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 am

Done with skills. Finally.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Soul » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:17 am

Arch, I really appreciate you getting rid of the bard thing, all of my friends who play bard in my LARP group are useless at it, and I've been playing Assassin's Creed lately, so bards have a special hate spot in my heart right now. As for the Paladin subclass, their skills are more based on doing holy damage, whereas the main warrior class does nonelemental damage.

... Challenge accepted.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 am

Nyc101010101 wrote:edited it! I really think it's god this time!

Hey, Karo said no godmodding (yes, I know you meant "good") :D

I'm getting excited for this, especially since I just received Yahtzee' Mogworld a few days ago (if you dont know who that is, shame on you), and it's already one big parody on RPG's
Mephobiac

Postby Karo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:15 am

SoulScavenger wrote:
Arch, I really appreciate you getting rid of the bard thing, all of my friends who play bard in my LARP group are useless at it, and I've been playing Assassin's Creed lately, so bards have a special hate spot in my heart right now. As for the Paladin subclass, their skills are more based on doing holy damage, whereas the main warrior class does nonelemental damage.

... Challenge accepted.

You're going to make me sad, aren't you?

And Nyc, it seems you only take part of my advice and not the rest, so I think I'm done trying to help you fix your CS.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Iris » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 am

Karo mind if I ask how many of the skills you'd like us to link on our CS? Most of my skills tend to be paragraphs so I don't want to overload anyone by posting my entire skill list.

Postby Karo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 am

If you want to just send them to me and add them as you level up, that's fine.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Iris » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 am

Will do then, I'll send you the skills I've planned out so far shortly.

Postby Soul » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 am

No. I have no intention of playing the character. I just want to prove that bards aren't useless. All the bard hate thats goin on right now in the idea thread and in here is giving me an angry face.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:18 am

A bard/minstrel is an integral part of an epic guild--well, in Ragnarok Online, that is.

Be a support Bard where they need your steroids to boost their flimsy frames. :D
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Soul » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 am

I'm not playing the character. I'm just making one to prove bards aren't useless...

Postby Keiran » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Karo, may I make a second character?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll be good with one.
Last edited by Keiran on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Glacier » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey Karo, I want in, just need time to get a CS in order. I want a fighter, wait, I'll do an archer. Yeah, I get to snipe for a change.. *runs off to start on CS*

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm

This Dreamscape thing, is it a MMO or a "offline" LAN RPG?
Or a better question would be, would we meet other players as well? who logged in somewhere else.
Mephobiac

Postby Glacier » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 pm

we should be interacting from how the last one played. I think. I need to check the IC thread though

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Last one? There was one before this?
Mephobiac

Postby Keiran » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes, this is a remake because the old one didn't get as far as Karo would have liked. I don't think I was here when she had it open.

Postby Soul » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah there was. Its an online MMO that is located in arcades.

Postby Villain » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Just what I've built so far, a ways off of finishing but I have been tinkering around with the idea of a dark paladin, though I am not sure what exactly Paladins can and can't do this is mainly just the skills (Actually it's only skills and a name. I'm goin to make the skills first then graph the appearance around them.).

Edit: Added all the powers (Still unsure of how exactly they work.), weapons, fighting style, and a little bit of the appearance.

Double Edit: Alright I think i'm done with it. Should I add anything more? And I know it should be 3 paragraphs but I couldn't think of anything more and i'm stuck in a major writers block for him.

Character Name: Richard Hunter

Character Gender: Male

Character Class: Warrior (Dark Paladin)

Appearance: Richard has a dark grey helmet with a skull for a face on it. It lacks a jaw and instead has the top row of teeth blocking the top of his lips. The two teeth next to the two front teeth are vampiric and are tainted with blood on the bottom of them. At the top of the skull in the front are two small baby horns with a golden ring at their base. On the back of the top of the skull are two medium sized bat wings with small talons at the end of each narrow bone that makes up the bat wings frame and one at the end for the thumbs. They go out sideways with the front fleshy part facing forward where Richard is looking by about 7 inches. The wings themselves are a much darker grey, the front side, in-between the bone frame are a bloody red with the talons being golden.

His armor has two circular larger than average pauldrons with a curved spike on the front and a skull making up the back of the pauldrons with its mouth agape and a tongue lying slightly out of a gap of teeth on the bottom row. His chest has a strange symbol on it that looks like a skeleton dragon readying its claws to attack and having its head tilted up to roar. The rest of his armor is heavily built and bulky with a long black cape around his neck flowing back. His boot is like that of an elf boot but with a more jagged and squared curl at the end of the boot ending in a sharp point (The curl is blood red). The armor’s main color is dark grey with lines of gold running through it forming symbols and curls. His stomach has red lines that form a monster mouth with sharp teeth.

Special skills:
Level 1
Martyrdom: Slowly begins to lose health but gains a boost in strength and speed.
Soul Siphon: Drains a target of its health slowly converting it to his own. Can fire a soul siphon link from his fingers, giving him a maximum of 3. Starts with 1 and gains 1 more every other level until the max of ten.
Level 2
Dark Pummel: wraps hands in dark unholy energy increasing durability. Each hit with the fists now slightly drain from the punching bag.
Soul Flux: Charges up the energy from his targets and himself creating a mini explosion around him. Requires two Soul Siphon's active and Martyrdom activated.
Level 5
Curse of Honor: With his sword he draws a symbol in the air at a single creature. That creature now takes damage if it attacks anything that isn't Richard.
Aerial Evasion: Jogs forward before placing his feet on the air itself, temporarily hardening it with dark enrgy, and performing a somersault away from close enemys.
Level 10
Blood Letter: Sacrifices a portion of his health to increase the power of his sword. Requires Martyrdom is active.
Burning Sword: Ignites his sword on fire with the fiery souls of his enemies. Requires three soul siphons to activate.
Level 15
Eruption: Plunges his sword into the dirt and causes the ground around him in a large radius to crack and burst forth Dark energies.
Dark Chains: The ground bursts forward with chains paralyzing the target and anything near them.
Level 20
Soul Steal: Plunges his fist into the opponents chest and rips there soul, sending the physical target into a sleep before the soul can return to its body. Requires Dark Pummel is activated.
Life Taint: Richard coughs before spewing out his own blood to infect the target, poisoning the target and causing them to occasionally cough and spread it.
Level 25
Shadow Armor: Wraps his armor in a thick layer of unholy energy that flows with damaging energy hurting anything on the outside that tries to harm it. Requires Martyrdom is activated.
Fortitude: Grinds his feet into the dirt and holds his position with his shield in front, protecting anybody behind him.
Level 30
Death Roar: Lets out a loud blood curdling war cry, attracting the attention of nearby enemys while increasing the partys strength with the roar.
Bestial Wrath: Sends Richard into a gibbering frenzy, dealing a good amount of damage rapidly but is stuck in a confused state.
Level 35
Celestial Gift: Equips the user with a lance and light jousting armor made of the sky itself (That just means it has a space design and is lighter and slightly stronger.)
Improved Soul Siphon: Can Soul Siphon with 2 links a finger instead of 1 allowing him to Siphon from up to 7 people instead of 3. Much like soul siphon it gradually increases by 1 every other level.
Level 40
Terror Scream: Releases a banshee like scream, damaging anything that hears it and reducing the will to fight for those who hear it.
Face of Horror: Richard slowly takes his helmet off and shows a horrific abomination of a face in place of his human face, petrifying whatever see’s it.
Level 45
Curse of Movement: Richard draws a symbol in the air directed at a creature and lays a curse upon it. Whenever the target moves (Attacking doesn’t count.) it will take agonizing damage until it eventually is paralyzed or crippled.
Blade of Enfeeblement: Wiggling his free hand, Richard creates a sword made of shadow, dipped in a weakening poison.
Level 50
Tribulation Woe: Improved Version of Martyrdom that drains faster and more intensely but increases strength, speed, and durability tremendously.
Spirit Swap: Plunges fist into two enemys chest and rips there souls out before swapping the souls and forcing them into the others body. Confuses the target and parlyzing them as they get a grip on there new body. Reverts after an hour.
Level 55
Doom Armory: The floor beneath him cracks open and dark revenants and demons swiftly move around him attaching a forbidden set of armor that sends Richard into a bezerker rage, harms things near him, and grant him two claws on his hands. The armor only stays on for a short time before swiftly being stripped of him and Richard being sent into a deep sleep.
Mass Soul Siphon: Soul Siphon links no work up to 3 targets a finger allowing him to Siphon from a maximum of 10 targets instead of 8. Same rules apply as with the other Soul Siphons. Starts with 8.
Level 60
War Beast: Richards bones and body begin to distort and change, turning his body almost lupine but far more savage and brutish. In this state Richard is hunched over, cannot use his weapons, gains a more feral armor with five blades, one sticking out of each knuckle, is stronger faster and slightly more durable, but it requires Tribulation Woe to be activated first.
Nightmare Burst: Richard’s chest opens up with a monstrous mouth and attempts to eat the target before chewing and digesting them and finally barfing them out.
Level 65
Plague: Richard belches out a swarm of small black oval like beings that swarm around a target, poisoning it and quickly spreading to any enemy nearby while restoring a small portion of his health for each person that dies from it. Requires Tribulation Woe to be activated first with no Soul Siphons active.
Level 70
Void Lash: Richard's back begins to crack and soon 6 black, thorny, and dripping tentacles burst out of his back. They act as tentacles that will whip at people.
Hack and Slice: Manifests a hook made of dark energy and flings it at the enemy, if it hits he will either try and rip it out, fling them to him with a mighty tug (Or if there to heavy, drag), or fling them around and try to hit other enemies.
Level 75
Key of Death: Plunging his fist into his chest, he rips out his own soul and fuels his body with deathly energy. Floating away he allows his body to become an unstoppable killing machine, without feeling pain, fear, regret, remorse. Must eventually reunite with body in order to stop it from attacking allies and co tinuing on it's bezerker state.

Weapon: A black Falchion with strange purple symbols drawn on it for more defensive combat involving the shield or hack and slash crazy attacks. And a long, sickly light green broadsword.

Fighting Style: Prefers to attract as many enemies as possible before incapacitating a few and focusing on them one by one. Or if he’s in the mood, mindless hacking and bezerker attacks when faced with a formidable foe, enough enemies, or is again just in the mood of it.
Last edited by Villain on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Klyptomaniac » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:49 pm

David Key

Character Name:
Aeolus Maximus (aka The Master of the Winds (pretentious much?))

Character Gender:
Male

Character Class:
Archer – Hunter

Appearance:
Aeolus is very tall at 6’3’’ and has a lean, yet muscular, build, with a long European face, fair complexion, long brown hair, scruffy goatee, and piercing hazel eyes. He was a tattoo on the back of his neck of a blue endless knot with black outline:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... not03d.png

David, however, is a short husky high school sophomore with wispy, curly red hair, a myriad of freckles, pale skin and complexion, and blue eyes. Constantly harassed by his classmates, and scared of confrontation, his avatar in Dreamscape represents everything he wishes he could be. Kick a Ginger Day is his most hated holiday.

David very much appreciates the Robin Hood style:

Head - green velvet cap with a brown and black eagle’s feather stuck in the fold
Chest – green velvet tunic with a thin cuff of red fox fur on the collar and sleeves, over light leather reinforced armor. The tunic is decorated with series of Celtic emblems and symbols, sewn with silver embroidery, notably the endless knot on the front that resembles his tattoo.
Hands – leather combat fingerless gauntlets
Legs - brown cloth leggings with sewn-in leather pad covers
Footwear – light leather boots with red fox fur lining the top

He wears a rather scrappy-looking leather belt with a bronze square buckle, which holds several pouches with healing herbs and a couple of smoke bombs for sketchy situations. His dagger is sheathed on his right hip, attached to it’s own black leather belt with a circular bronze buckle.

Special skills:
Power Shot – given enough time to aim and concentrate, Aeolus can fire an arrow with much more precision than usual, almost always resulting in maximum damage to an enemy’s weak spot.

Carpet Bombing – Sacrificing power and accuracy, Aeolus can release a flurry of arrows towards enemies. Each arrow is less accurate, but all those arrows have to hit something, don’t they?

Assassin’s Throw
– With dagger in hand, Aeolus can throw it at enemies with incredible accuracy. However, just like Power Shot, needs a little time to be prepared if the target is several feet away.

Multishot – What’s wrong with shooting three arrows at a time? Aeolus can fire two or three arrows at once at a target. However, the more arrows he uses, the less accurate each becomes. Useful if unarmored mobs are bunched together.

Assassin’s Shot
– Given Aeolus is supplied with any sort of poison, he can dowse his arrowheads and add additional DOT or other debilitating affects. However, Aeolus cannot create poisons or potions himself.

This may extend to combustible liquids and even magical enchantment, if a party member were so inclined.

Weapon:
Lemonwood, purple heart and hickory laminated bow, which provides a flexible yet sturdy draw and excellent accuracy, and a 10’’ iron dagger in a leather sheath.

His quiver is slung over his back, reaching down to his hips. It is cast out of black painted iron, with silver iron linings and yet another lapis lazuli-blue-painted endless knot.

Fighting Style:

Prefers to dispatch enemies as far away as possible, but he can wield his hunting knife with surprising skill when a monster is just too close for comfort. Would like to think of himself as a powerful front-man, but is more of a support than anything. Incredibly efficient in accuracy and crit hits, which results in a lack of skill points placed in most everything else. This does not affect David, however: most enemies go down before they are within melee distance.

Postby Villain » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Appearance on the Avatar could use a little beefing up and I believe we are supposed to keep all things related to the actual people as far away as possible to keep it a surprise so you should get rid of that.

Skills should be level designated like everyone elses (Unless that's all he knows in which case bummer)
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Karo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:51 am

SoulScavenger wrote:Yeah there was. Its an online MMO that is located in arcades.

No. It's a party-based RPG.

Soul, I already know you can make a useful bard, I don't need you to prove it to me.

Arch, Paladins are holy warriors. They use lesser spells, lots of party buffs, and sacrifice themselves for the sake of the group. This dark paladin of yours seems rather interesting though. He can't have 10 soul siphons at such an early level though, so make it an upgraded skill, unless it's a single use stacking skill. Don't like the vampire skill. Paladin's can't summon. Don't like the other vampire skill. Don't like the third vampire skill. Key of Death must cause berserk status.

Klypto, not bad for your first try on the Cs. The paragraph about your player is unnecessary, we only need information, in paragraph format and not a bulleted list, about your player's Broken Will character. As for abilities, they need levels that they correspond to. Weak spots cannot be exploited unless known, so you're going to want your level 1 skill to be expose weakness (see my example CS that I did for Nyc.) For Multishot, you could use this ability multiple times as an upgradeable skill, so when he first learned it, he could shoot only two arrows. When it upgraded at a higher level, he could shoot three, though it isn't possible to really get off more than 4 arrows at once (I've done archery, it doesn't work.) Assassin's shot could be upgradable as well, it could start with a few status effects, and work it's way up to combustibles from there.

Postby Garethcool » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:29 am

Although it could be combined with a skill like 'fast reload' making it /seem/ like more arrows are being shot.

Also, my CS is all long and pretty and has 150 skills. :D
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 am

Charming, intelligent, enigmatic: These are just a few words that nobody ever uses when describing DeathSpank. He is a force of nature. A man of action. He is likely to shoot before he even knows there’s a question to ask.

For uncounted years the wanderer DeathSpank has been a Dispenser of Justice, a Vanquisher of Evil, and a Hero to the Downtrodden. Throughout his adventures DeathSpank has searched for a powerful artifact called… The Artifact. In his travels DeathSpank has brought justice to the downtrodden, faced the riddle of bacon and defeated evils so horrible they would put hair on the hairs on your chest.

Someone make me a Deathspank inspired warrior!
Mephobiac

Postby Villain » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks Karo, I'll make the changes as soon as I can.

Though I must ask, why specifically do you hate the vamp powers? Theme itself or is it the abilities? I'll still get rid of it, just my curiosity kicking in.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing