Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby RokkuHoshi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:35 am

i'll join but only because ToC won't get any more votes.

Character Name: Rokku Hoshi

Character Gender: male

Character Class: warrior

Appearance: He's a tall skinny man with a bald head. He wears a black outfit that leaves his arms bare and his legs below his knees. His shoes are geta style japanese wooden sandals, which were custom colored black, as well as his socks, that came just above his ankles.

Special skills: He's grew up in a Martial Arts family and began learning self defense as soon as he could walk. He's also skilled with a few small weapons, though he prefers the katana and occasional wakizashi.

Weapon: dual wakizashi

Fighting Style: Kung Fu
Because when I arrive
I-I'll bring the fire
make you come alive
I can take you higher
what the saint's forgot
I must now remind you
Let it rock!
Let it rock!
Let it rock!

Postby Soul » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 am

I can tell you right now if that is your completed CS it ain't gettin in.

Also I have provided a link to a reference picture for those of you who want to see a rough picture of what Lothian looks like. I will say this now it is not an exact replica. If you allude to his appearance at all use whats written in the text and not the picture.

Postby Keiran » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 am

Karo, are we giving an introduction where we're entering the game? Or will we just start in?

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:30 am

Are we, as players, aware that we're stuck in the game? And will we all start at the same place? Is the point of the game to play competitive, or cooperative? Seeing as it's a RPG game, how will leveling up, and items work?

Also, I'm saddened that I cant write a wall of text for this... there's no history or background section to go crazy in :P
Mephobiac

Postby RokkuHoshi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 am

well, soul, what am i missing?
Because when I arrive
I-I'll bring the fire
make you come alive
I can take you higher
what the saint's forgot
I must now remind you
Let it rock!
Let it rock!
Let it rock!

Postby Soul » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:52 am

I'll let Karo tell you. Its much more fun when she does it.

Postby RokkuHoshi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 am

I have a feeling you're being an a**hole.
Because when I arrive
I-I'll bring the fire
make you come alive
I can take you higher
what the saint's forgot
I must now remind you
Let it rock!
Let it rock!
Let it rock!

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Rokku, I'm still new here. So I dont know for how much my word counts yet, but you are one of the most uninspiring person I've ever seen
You cant even be bothered to think of a proper name?
Mephobiac

Postby Soul » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Personally I enjoy going crazy in the Personality section, ha ha I see what you did there me.

Postby Karo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Rokku, get the hell out of my thread. Soul was just trying to warn you of what was coming. That is the most piss-poor CS I have seen in my 6 years of being on this site. You have what boils down to ONE SENTENCE each of description when I stated on the page before that CSes needed to look more like Soul's, who had THREE PARAGRAPHS of information in his appearance alone. It's also stated in the rules, which you obviously didn't read, that I don't want and Japanese-based characters, since this is a medieval (AKA Europe) styled game. Also, quit bitching about your game not getting through. If it doesn't get voted in, that means it's not good enough, plain and simple. My game got in because it was good, and that attitude you have that your are going to deign to grace us with your presence because your shitty game didn't get in is going to get you nowhere fast. Get some manners, get some skills, and get the hell out.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Garethcool » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 pm

I've done some editing of my CS. Mind giving it a once over?
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby RokkuHoshi » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm

Calm down, don't be a b****. Yes he was warning me but he could've done a better job of it.
Because when I arrive
I-I'll bring the fire
make you come alive
I can take you higher
what the saint's forgot
I must now remind you
Let it rock!
Let it rock!
Let it rock!

Postby Karo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Apparently you don't think I'm serious. Get the hell out, you will never be accepted into this, or any of my other games.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Character Name: Brad Cayo

Character Class: Warrior

Character Gender: Male

Appearance: Clad in silver armor, this is how he will be seen most of the time. Under his armor he wears green pants and a Olive tunic. He stands at 6'4". He has brown matted hair and brown eyes on a pale face. His appearance is that of a very strong looking person. His armor is designed to look like any normal armor would, but matches his body. His helmet is designed to look like it has a small dragon resting on it. In his hand he uses his halberd as if it were a walking stick allowing him to quickly draw it out in battle.

Special Skills:(I'll add more later)
Lv1
Guard: take a melee attack for an ally
Sweep: hit all enemies in a small arc in front of you
Lv2
Jump: do a jump attack on one enemy
Push: push an enemy away with your weapon

Weapon: Halberd, the perfect mix of axe and spear

Fighting Style: When in melee combat he will demolish all enemies in front of him, while guarding his own allies. The melee tank of any group when in ranged combat he will try to move around till he is close enough for a strong hit.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Keiran » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Karo wrote:Apparently you don't think I'm serious. Get the hell out, you will never be accepted into this, or any of my other games.

I agree with Karo, Rokku. You aren't getting in mine either.

And for fuck's sake, if you're going to swear, do it.

So Karo, about my introduction question: are we roleplaying as our human selves first?

Postby Karo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Nah. We'll be going straight to the game. I want their original genders to be a secret this time.

Also, everyone needs to send me a PM of all of their skills if they aren't listed in your CS yet, so we don't have any ridiculous game breaking abilities snuck in.

Gareth: Looks fine now, but I'm not accepting anyone just yet.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:55 pm

updated my post with the CS
Mephobiac

Postby Garethcool » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Ah, sweet. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to edit anything. Much thanks.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:56 pm

May choose them as we level? I'd pm you before I level.

Postby Karo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Nope, send them all to me at once.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 pm

All skills? I dont know what skills I could have 10 levels from now, I think Keiran's idea was quite good
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Character Name: Vodsky Boozehound

Character Gender: Male

Character Class: Fighter

Appearance: Vodsky is a tall, fair skinned character that is often ragged or dirty due to his habit of falling down at strange moments. His character model is noted to have shaggy brown hair that at times can cover his blue eyes, at times this can cause some confusion. Physically Vodsky is well muscled and his forearms are noticeably somewhat hairy.

Vodsky’s clothing consists of a beer-stained, short sleeved tunic, ragged trousers, a tattered monk’s robes, leather bracers, a (badly tied) rope belt and muddied leather boots that stop just below his knees. There are at times leaves or twigs hanging off his clothing as he is rather careless.
The only items Vodsky has currently is a small pouch and a small flask normally filled with some form of liquor. Originally he did have a bag but in a drunken haze, Vodsky challenged himself to fetch it out of a river. After throwing it off a bridge, Vodsky attempted to dive off said bridge to retrieve it... Sadly he failed spectacularly and managed to knock himself out on the bridge.

Special skills:
Lvl 1:
(Passive) Drunken fighter: While under the status <Drunk> Vodsky has increased stats, this give him access to all his skills. However upon ending this Vodsky suffers from <Hangover> lowering his stats and causing him to become slower and has a loss in intelligence as he recovers.

(Passive) Unreliable actions: While under the status <drunk> Vodsky sways unpredictably making him somewhat harder to hit as well as giving him random sets of skills, ranging from devastating counter attack and heavy punches to less than effective ones such as, stripping, tickling or self-confusion.
Another downside is that Vodsky may sometimes dodge friendly support spells, such as heal or cure.

Drunk combo’s (Mechanic) : Regardless of how silly his actions may be, Vodsky is still a dangerous fighter. Combining quick evasive strikes with devastating grapples when the opponent’s defences are down, Vodsky can potentially deal significant damage. The higher the level, the more combo’s there are available to him. Combo's consist of strikes, grapples and finishers, with each level increase more moves become available to him.

Weapon: None- Apparently weapons drastically increases self-inflicted K.Os...

Fighting Style:
Drunken Fist- A rather strange looking fighting style that activates only when drunk. Using a combination of strikes, grapples and makeshift attempts, a Drunken fist fighter can potentially take out multiple foes... Assuming he or she does not knock himself out! This fighting style us more about countering a strike and remaining as unpredictable as possible.

How Vodsky met Tobi (His point of view):
Now to be honest, it was more luck rather than anything... His memory of the incident was somewhat hazy (being drunk does that to you) but he can remember some details, blurry as they are.
Between one of his quests and self-made challenges Vodsky was on his way back to one of the cities when he noticed another player in somewhat of a distressful situation, apparently the poor thing had gotten into a fight with several angry looking green mushrooms that were surrounding her. Being the gentleman that he is, Vodsky decided to aid the alchemist though she would at times regret it. Carefully selecting some wise words before he boldly headed into combat regardless if he was going to survive or not. For the next couple moments everything was a blur, he recalls kicking some of those green ‘shrooms and the occasional punt, he does remember that he at some point body slammed one rather unlucky mushroom. Which incidentally ended his rampage as he managed to knock himself out with that stunt.

When he woke up the Alchemist introduced herself as Tobi, and thanked him greatly for his aid though he doesn’t recall her ever telling anyone else that part. He just shrugs it off though. They make a pretty good team together and that’s all that matters in the end. He doesn’t say why they look out for each other, only that they do.

Themes: Vodsky singing
Vodsky personified!
Last edited by Iris on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keiran » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:45 pm

How many levels will I need? Are there specific ones that I will get skills from?

Postby Zelosse » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Will have my mage character up by the end of the day, I JUST found out I didn't click 'submit' when I edited a few days ago.

Postby Villain » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Keiran wrote:How many levels will I need? Are there specific ones that I will get skills from?

I'll take that off of Karo's already large load, the front page said level 99's the cap so considering that Soul's CS has 2 powers/skills a level I can guess that you'll need to at the least (or most) write up 198 powers/skills. Unless there are levels without powers but I doubt that. And unless we start ganging up and hunting weak opponets like crazy I doubt we'll even get to level 99, I'm guessing 55-68 but it's fully up to Karo at this point on how we level in the RP.

And just to even out the load here's my own question, is there any specific way black magic works or is it just your basic wizadry you'd expect from a wizard like fire balls and confusion spells?

Edit: Forget that top paragraph. I re checked it and the last skill you learn is at level 75 so you only need 150 skills (At most/least). But that still isn't much of an improvement......
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing