Dreamscape OOC Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Karo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 am

Dreamscape RP

In 2018, everything is pretty much as it is now, gas prices are high, criminals lurk in the alleys, people are addicted to videogames, etc. The console war is still going on, but all sides are losing to a game that is located in arcades. Multiple games actually, in the form of a revolutionary system called the Dreamsphere, a total immersion game system where the player goes into the Dreamsphere, and is hooked up to it via headset, temperal suction cups and nano-gloves.

The attention focuses on Kansas City, more specifically on a dreamsphere-only arcade. The hottest game for the dreamsphere on the market is called Broken Will, a revolutionary seven to ten person party RPG that took five years to develop, basically since the dreamsphere was released in 2013. It was kind of stormy outside but the dreamsphere arcade, Sphereholics, was still getting business. It always had business, because everyone wanted to play the dreamsphere. Arty and his co-owner, Jack were planning an expansion soon, once they had made enough money and demand was high enough. But it wouldn't be during this season, they didn't get enough business around this time due to most of their customers were in high school. But they didn't mind, they liked the quietness of the near-empty arcade sometimes. Right now it was just high schoolers who were getting in some after school gaming and everyone else was either at college or at work right now. They was worried about the storm though, they just hoped that the dreamspheres wouldn't be knocked out by a power outage, Arty had heard a rumor that there's a major glitch that could occur... but he shrugged it off and turned his attention to the set of dreamsphere's turned on for today, and looked at the screen above them, showing that everyone was playing Broken Will. He watched as the players began the medieval-styled game.

The RP.
So if you guys haven't guessed by now, you're going to get stuck in the game. No arguments, no whining. The objective of this RP is to basically escape. No I'm not going to tell you how, mainly because I don't even know myself. But even if I did I wouldn't tell you. Anyhoo, character sheet is as follows:

The Character Sheet.

Character Name:

Character Gender:

Character Class:

Appearance:

Special skills:

Weapon:

Fighting Style:

The Class List:

Warriors: Your typical, sword-weilding, spear-throwing, or axe-bearing heroes, they excel at melee combat, have a weakness to magic and long-range attacks, but do well against beast-type monsters. This class also includes things like paladins.

Mage: Typical spellcaster, can use white, black or red magic. White being healing, black being arcane, and red being monster magic (aka summoning.) Magic power is increased with wands or staves, but knives can also be equipped for a slight boost to strength for times when magic may fail.

Archer: Standard long-range attacker, this class is strong against magic but falls quickly to melee attacks. Weapons include shortbows, longbows and crossbows, with crossbows being most effective at close range. Archers are quick and nimble, able to avoid attacks for a short while, but not indefinately.

Alchemist: Potion brewer. Given the right ingredients, an alchemist can create a potion to completely heal a comrade, or to poison or otherwise impair a tough monster. These potion masters mainly rely on items for their attacks, but can deal a good amound of damage with a spear, rod or axe.

Rogue: The theif, these sneaky characters can swipe a pretty penny from monsters, as well as an assortment of items critical for use by a team alchemist. This technique-heavy class attacks well with swords and knives.

Fighter: The unarmed combatant, this class deals heavy damage with bare arms. Poles work well with this class, but specialized weapons such as gauntlets, while hard to come by, increase the attacking power of this melee combatant.

Status conditions:
Poison: steadily drains at your characters HP, can be healed with an antidotal herb.
Paralysis: Restricts movement and attacks, can be healed with a remedial potion.
Blindness: Inabillity to see, makes attacking difficult, can be healed with eyedrops.
Silence: Inabillity to speak, the inflicted cannot use spells, can be healed with a remedial potion.
Berserk: The inflicted becomes enrages, and can only attack it's target, can be healed with a remedial potion.
Confuse: The inflicted becomes confused and attacks team members, can be healed with a remedial potion.
Sleep: The inflicted falls asleep during battle, can be healed with awakening.
Petrify: The inflicted turns to stone, which shatters upon attacking, can be healed with soft.

Broken Will (The videogame): Broken Will takes place in a midevial fantasy country that has recently been plagued by a dragon. Rumor has it that a shady individual gave the king a dragon egg as a gift, and the gluttonous king ate the egg for breakfast, which enraged the dragon. It has eaten all the local heroes, and any fool brave enough to try and stand up to defeat it. A reward has been issued for the slaying of the dragon, which has been razing the fertile country, sending into a never-before seen poverty. Old legends tell of great and powerful weapons held by monsters who dwell in caves deep below the surface of the earth, weapons enchanted with powerful charms that would slay the dragon. That is when you arrive. You awaken in a peaceful clearing, surrounded by trees. Once clear of the forest, you chance upon a village under attack, and you have the weapons necessary to save the defensless villagers. Once the battle is over, they hail you as heroes, and inform you of the plight of the nation. What you do then, is up to you, but rest assured, you will be plagued with the title "Hero" wherever you go, and bad things may happen if you don't help the helpless people around you.

The Rules.
1. First and foremost, no godmodding, you get ONE warning and one warning only before getting kicked, no exceptions.

2. I will accept romance in game, if falling in love in a life-or-death situation is your thing. Keep in mind though, that the gender of the player might not match the character.

3. Be logical, don't have your character pull shit that will obviously get the group into trouble unless I have specifically PMed you to or your character is a complete dumbass.

4. Have fun! This RP is meant to be comical, so I don't want to see a whole lot of seriousness.

5. Respect the word of the GM. Failure to do so will again get you kicked from the RP after ONE warning. This is again not up for discussion.

6. No japanese crap. The ONLY thing I will allow is a japanese name, no skills or anything like that can have japanese names.

7. No ripoffs. I want to see ORIGINAL CHARACTERS people! That includes appearance, so don't just go grabbing pictures of your favourite hero from your favourite anime.

Accepted Characters (Note I might accept more than one of each class)

Warrior: Archvillain, Geomancer

Mages: Soul, Zellose, Garethcool

Archer: Glacier

Alchemist: Asmodai

Rogue: Keiran

Fighter: Iris
Last edited by Karo on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Re: Dreamscape OOC Open

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:41 am

Character Name: Zelosse

Character Gender: Male

Character Class: Black Mage

Appearance: Zelosse is your standard caster in height, standing at a proud 5 foot 9 inches with decently built features (Not that you can see from behind his robes) with tanned skin and a fair complexion, dark blue eye's with tints of red behind them along with short cut black hair.

His robe's are standard black sorcerer robes with blue trimming, as well as a hood with a silk mouth cover that conceals his nose and mouth but leaves the eye's to peer out. Despite it's look it is not limiting his vision in any way.

His robes reach down to just above his heel, a leather belt with a simple iron buckler attached at the front worn from use, across his shoulder and to his adjacent hip is a leather bag containing his spellbook. Inside of the robe are various reagents he may need for later.

Below his robes is a simple white silk shirt with gray baggy pants tucked neatly into his leather buckled boots. Fingerless silk gloves adorn his hands at all times to repel any cold (Their also stylish~)

Special skills:
Level 1 - Fire blast: Unleashes a small explosion upon an enemy target with a chance to stun
Fireball: Bread and butter of all wizards, this spell launches a pea-sized ball of flame that detonates upon contact.
Level 2 - Molten armor (Level stack): The user is given a protective layer of heat, repelling weak melee attacker's or dealing small damage to any attacker who makes contact.
Wind slash - The mage cunjures a stationary ball of air that absorbs effects from his other spells to be empowered. 2 seconds after casting it will launch at the target to deal physical damage +(effect)
(Wind slash has a 5s cooldown and a 1s cast time)
Level 5 - Ember-flame: Launches multiple fireball's in a cone for a short duration, cannot be used more then once every 5 minutes.
Level 10 - Blastwave: A rolling wave of flame erupts from the casters position dealing damage and knocking back his enemies a short distance, the sudden impact slows enemies by 50% for a few seconds.
Level 12 - Pyroclasm: The mage channels all his energies to empower all fire-based spells for a short period of time. Increases damage, AOE and projectile speed of his spells.
Level 14 - Dragon's Flame: Releases a blast of heat so intense it has capabilities of melting steel when used on objects. When used on players/npcs/monsters it will disorient for a few moments.
Level 20 - Takedown: The mage releases a lightning-fast projectile of flame that pierces a target before lighting them for fire damage over time.
Level 25 -

Weapon: A simple metal staff with dark leather hand grips in the middle.
Last edited by Zelosse on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Keiran » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 am

Character Name: Raivis

Character Class: Rogue

Appearance: Raivis is short and lean, a touch more thin than wiry, with violet eyes. His sandy-blonde hair is short and slightly curly. He is pale with slight circles under his eyes, with a tattoo wrapped around his right upper arm ‘Ir tumsa, ņemot vērā un gaismas tumsā.’

Raivis wears a white long sleeved shirt under a leather vest which reaches just above his knees and a belt cinched around his waist holding his daggers. His forearms are covered with leather vambraces. He wears dark brown pants and ankle-high leather shoes. He also has a bag in which he keeps items like potions and herbs.

He also has a black cloak with a hood, to hide in the shadows when he needs to. The hood can cover until his nose when up and the hem reaches mid-calf. It has a gold frog-clasp at the level of his collarbone.

Image {ignore clothing}

Special skills:
Level 1
Steal: Obvious
Minor Mechanical Knowhow: Understanding Easy Traps and Locks
Level 2
Stealth: Able to slip by inattentive others, easier to stab enemies first
Lethality: Keen eye for weak spots, attacks them even if it seems dirty to others

Weapon: Dual Iron Daggers

Fighting Style: Trickster Rogue
Weak spots, quick and accurate, not as strong as bigger people. Using his small size to advantage.
Last edited by Keiran on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Villain » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:13 am

Reserved bard warrior
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby PatienceGen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

Reserving Archer. Thankyou

Postby Keiran » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

Patience, welcome to the forum. I hope you have fun. Please get an avatar so people can easily tell who you are.

Postby Garethcool » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:56 am

Reserved Alchemical genius.

Character Name: Emanuel

Character Class: Alchemist

Appearance: An average height teen, standing at just over 5'9. He has short black hair that stands up just slightly, giving him an unkempt look most of the time. Small glasses with thin wire frames sit atop his nose, allowing him to read. His skin is fairly pale, compared to other students his age. He sometimes wears a pair of goggles around on his forehead or around his neck. They have incredibly dark lenses (grade 14, the same as welding goggles). His clothing is often a light shirt and pants, but they're often covered with a lead apron (in the workshop).

When out selling his potions or adventuring he uses a long leather belt that goes around his waist and across his torso with many pouches and places for flasks. The belt itself also holds the Rod he uses for close combat. He designed the belt himself, mostly to show off his favourite wares to people. Although the added benefit of having potions ready for battle became quite obvious after a small tussle in the courtyard where he was selling. His hair often obscures his eyes which are a deep shade of royal blue. His face (more often than not) is marked with smoke and charcoal, probably from explosions. An area around his eyes is always free of these blemishes, due to his goggles.

Special skills:
Level 1
1. Create Potion
2. Change Potion (changes Properties)
Level 2
1. Throw Potion
2. Alchemical Strike (weapon coated with potion)

Weapon: Thrown Potions/Rod

Fighting Style: Ranged and assistance-based
Last edited by Garethcool on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 am

Going for the thief. :]
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Regalus » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:14 am

Guess I'll make a fighter then.
________

WIP

Character Name: William
Character Class: Fighter

Appearance:

Special skills:

Weapon: Gauntlet

Fighting Style: Brawling style, focusing mostly on grappling and disabling the opponent (i.e. Disarms, knockdown, knock back, making the opponent lose his balance, ect).
Last edited by Regalus on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keiran » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 am

Done mine.

Postby Karo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 am

Kei, yours looks all good expect for one thing. His clothing is completely wrong for a medieval setting.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Keiran » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Right, sorry. I'll fix that. Is the cloak okay?

EDIT: Fixed. Better?

Postby RokkuHoshi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:42 pm

this is just like ToC, the idea i posted that got rejected, how did yours get accepted?
Because when I arrive
I-I'll bring the fire
make you come alive
I can take you higher
what the saint's forgot
I must now remind you
Let it rock!
Let it rock!
Let it rock!

Postby Keiran » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Because her's didn't suck.

Postby PatienceGen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Wait ToC? What's that stand for again?

Postby RokkuHoshi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Tournament of Champions
Because when I arrive
I-I'll bring the fire
make you come alive
I can take you higher
what the saint's forgot
I must now remind you
Let it rock!
Let it rock!
Let it rock!

Postby Karo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Because I've been around a hell of a lot longer and know how to present an entertaining idea with all the information people need to judge accurately whether it should be made into a full game or not.

Kei: Much better. I'm going to wait for a few more sheets before I accept anything yet though.

Gareth: Is that a wip, or is it done?

Postby Garethcool » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Other than a few additions and grammatical errors I wish to iron out, it is complete.

Postby PatienceGen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Character Name: Crimson Hood

Character Class: Archer

Appearance: Stands at about 5'10", wears a red hooded cloak that covers his pale face. He has a very freckled face and fire red hair. He isn't very physically strong, but is very witty. Under his cloak he wears a red tunic, a pair of ripped blue pants and a pair of combat boots.

Special skills: (more will be added as we go along)
Lv1
Snipe: makes it easier for him to hit enemies from far away
Quick load: allows him to load arrows and crossbow bolts faster
Lv2
Point Blank: allows crimson to shoot an enemy at a short range
Speed: allows crimson to move twice as fast for a limited time

Weapon: a Crossbow which Crimson has kept with him for a while. He usually keeps it at his side with a brown leather strap.

Fighting Style: In combat crimson will find a nice place to hide and fire at his enemy, if he can't find a place he will sit in one place and feather enemies from a far. In close combat he will kick his enemy to try and give himself enough room to shoot or run.
Last edited by PatienceGen on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Soul » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:52 am

I might add more to this later. Maybe.

Character Name: Lothian Veritath

Character Class: Red Mage: Necromancer

Appearance: This pale faced man stands tall and clad in red and black robes. His the hood of his blood red robe up at all times as he strides tall and confident throughout the world. In one hand he holds a staff, old and looks as if it is rotting yet seemingly more durable than a regular staff. His other hand hangs down by his belt, where a spellbook hands from a blackened chain. Black boots echo as he walks, clopping down with each heavy step this mage takes.

Lothian is one of the few players who specialize in Necromancy summoning, and it shows. His eyes glow a bright green color, seemingly darker in contrast with his pale skin. Tufts of black hair poke out from his hood, from behind his head. A vandyke beard is the only facial hair on his otherwise clean shaven face. When smiling, which he seems to do rather often, a player may see his seemingly sharpened teeth and snake like tongue. Due to his forked tongue Lothian tends to hiss every now and then when speaking.

Underneath and above his eyes is a tattoo; a jet of black runs over both of his eyes, further darkening the appearance of his emerald green eyes and seem to accent the pitch black iris and corona of Lothian’s eyes. Over his chest and the cloth of his tattered robe is a bandolier which carries potions and various other trinkets that he’ll be picking up over time. On his belt rests a pouch to carry his money and any small items. Lothian does not seem to carry a backpack himself but rather forces the dead he commands to carry his items for him, and only give them to Lothian himself.

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/userfile ... mancer.jpg

Special skills: (Will be added to as the game progresses… maybe.)
Level 1
1. Summon Zombie
2. Bone Shards
Level 2
1. Summon Skeleton
2. Unholy Strength

Weapon: If forced to engage in melee combat Lothian will use his staff to bludgeon things. Considering magi tend to have little to no martial combat training.

Fighting Style: Lothian tends to have his minions do the fighting for him while he throws bone shards at the enemies from behind. However he is known to dodge and run while hurling these deadly shards.
Last edited by Soul on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey can I get in as a warrior?
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Not the wall of text I imagined... but still a lot of fun

Character Name: Tobi

Character Gender: Female

Character Class: Alchemist

Appearance: (PICTURE WILL FOLLOW!)
Small, petite, slender. Those are a few words that would describe her stature. Tobi could be considered odd compared to most of the other female characters you’d see in a game like this, sporting a rather flat chest, rather than the back breaking ones you’d normally see. In fact, it’s quite common for people to mistake her for a girly boy, though the people who said that all mysteriously disappeared. Incidentally, toads where always found afterwards.

Tobi has shoulder length blond hair and green eyes, and is usually seen wearing a hat. She always carries multiple bags with her, a small backpack where she keeps her recipe scrolls, books and chemistry set and a shoulder bag where she stores her potions.

Dresses in simple cloth, since she never took the Leather Armor proficiency. It provides limited protection, but gives her no negative stats on agility. Her pants are puffy, giving her a rather cone like appearance. And she wears a corset like vest, giving her even less of a chest area. She also sports a rather fancy looking red scarf.

Special skills:

lvl
1. Brew Potion
Brews a potion. Strength of potion depends on character level

Potions available:
- Booze. Attempts to inflict <Drunk>
- Healing Potion. Attempts to heal target for 50 health
- Toxic Vial. Attempts to inflict <Poison>
- Firebomb. Area of effect fire damage.

Throw Potion
Throws a potion at target enemy/ally.

Herbalist - passive
Allows the gathering of herbs and spices for use in potions.

2. Potions unlocked:
- Flashbang. Attempts to inflict <Blind>
- Sleeping Beauty. Attempts to inflict <Sleep>. Damage breaks this condition.

5. Spread Condition
Magically spreads the current condition of a enemy/ally too all adjacent creatures. Including allies.

Potions unlocked:
- Nerve Toxin. Attempts to inflict <Paralysis>

10. Lethal Injection
Inject a target with a nasty concoction of different chemicals. Target will take damage and will be inflicted with <Poison>, <Confuse> and <Beserk>. When conditions run out or are removed, target will take damage again. Target must me organic. Must be within mêlee range.

15. Potions unlocked:
- Clarity Potion. Knocks enemies away from target location, and clears any negative effects from nearby allies, and removes positive effects from nearby enemies.
- Raging bottle. Will attempt to inflict <Beserk>

20. Potions unlocked:
- Freezing tonic. Area of effect ice damage.
- Medusa’s Blood. Attempts to inflict <Petrify>.

25. Potions unlocked:
- Tornado in a bottle. Area of effect wind damage.
- Silver tongue. Attempts to inflict <Silence>

30. Potions unlocked:
- Acid peel. Creates a puddle of acidic substance. Targets will be slowed by 20% and take continuous damage over the duration of the puddle. Lowers armor values of those caught in the puddle.

Weapon: A simple staff. But mostly her vast array of potions.

Fighting Style:

“I have a potion for that!”

Tobi has a potion for everything. Everything. You’re being plagued by goblins? Firebomb. A rock golem has made a new home in your backgarden? Transmogrifier potion. Found yourelf in a dead end maze? A Door Potion. A goblin has gotten off with your daughter, who’s now Queen of a goblin tribe? Legal Paper potion.

Tobi has become a tag team with Vodsky, reluctantly, who she provides with the necessary potions to keep up his drunken stacks. Though he seems to be abusing her abilities, since he’s always drunk. She doesnt really approve of his drinking, but it prevents him from entering his Hangover status. And thats when he gets really annoying.

History (How Vodksy and Tobi became perma members):

Became a permanent team with Vodsky, seeing how their skills synergize so well. Their personalities however dont synergize as perfect, and she is more often than not found embarrassed by the actions of the Drunken-Fu master.
They met outside the city walls where Tobi had taken on a mob of a higher level Goblins. She had figured she could easily beat them, but soon found herself horribly outnumbered. It was at that point that a Drunken-Fu master came out of the woods, with a battle cry “Drinks are on me!”. Or at least was how it was supposed sound, instead it came out as “Bwings aae ohh whee!”.
And against all odds the Drunken-Fu master managed to defeat the horde, not that Tobi needed the help according to her she had the situation perfectly under control, and they paired up. Which in hindsight she would say was an even worse idea than attacking the higher level mob, since Vodsky now stuck to her like a fly would to… well lets keep this PG-13.
Tobi is probably also the only reason Vodsky hasnt actually managed to kill himself. Managing (just barely) to keep him in check. Though the reason to why she does this she’ll never tell.
Last edited by Asmodai on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mephobiac

Postby Karo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:40 pm

BradaoOfCartha wrote:Hey can I get in as a warrior?

You can submit a CS just like everyone else.

Also, CSes need to look more like Soul's, skills are what your character learns as they level up. Level cap is 99, final skill is learned at 75.

Postby Garethcool » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:43 pm

I've edited mine. I do hope it's up to your standards.

Postby Keiran » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Will do. Using some Dragon Age skills.

EDIT: Fixed.

Next

Return to Role Playing