Highschool Hell IC - Oblivion Tournament

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Highschool Hell IC - Oblivion Tournament

Postby Zelosse » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:48 am

(DRUUUUUUNK)

Deep in the middle of what anybody would call 'nowhere' was a large school easily the size of a kingdom sporting a population of over a thousand people, yet inside dwelled 2 people of incredible power and fame. Their name's were spoken in the underworld as both Myth and Fact, creatures capable of sundering the world into the void itself but holding back just to watch it happen naturally.
Phauran was his name and his age was similar to the stone's he walked on, ageless.

The School structure was not truly what they saw, it was an area summoned for the purpose of Phaurans needs, whatever they may be. In the blink of an eye it's solid black granite walls could evaporate only to reappear halfway across the globe in an instant.
The outer wall was close to 20 feet thick and towered over everything in it's way. The stones seemed to shift in color subtly giving it a surreal texture, smooth yet jagged somehow. Magic was at play.

The school itself was a massive fortress with a large spire in the back connecting to the school, high atop that one room Phauran dwelled and oversaw everything in his domain like a vulture circling the dying waiting to pick them apart when they fell. Indeed that was what he had been known to do.
The windows were dusty yet plain, the linings inside were rich velvet floors and vibrant paint on the walls with plenty of illumination, a large dining hall smelled of rich meals from across the globe even though it had been inactive for close to a year.

Painting illustrating violent battles were seen everywhere yet all had the same theme, a battle raging between men and creatures while a victor stood high atop the field holding a severed head with a Golden crown in their hand. The winners of the school in past time.

The Academy was dedicated to helping keep those of 'magic' or 'power' in the loop of those who needed to know, always cautious of ones that would seek to destroy the vale covering demons existence of mortals thus creating anarchy and panic all through the world.
It was here that new student's were brought and trained to fight for their lives in service to upholding peace, what better way to learn then surviving the deadzone's the twisted headmaster conjured.

Deep in the school's twisting corridors our new students were assembling in a large audience chamber, Phauran sat upon a high seat with a crown of solid gold emblazoned with a firey skull on it. His eye's seemed to search your soul as they drifted from person to person. The time for fun and game's was almost over for the students, he gave them a few more minutes to get familiar with the one's they needed to kill.

Re: Highschool Hell IC - Oblivion Tournament

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 am

First post!

Arms crossed, Lanz looked at the faces inside the chamber. Not too shabby, he thought. The big guy over the throne meant business as he sat there like some big wig. Why he was sent here agitated him. He could live on his own. He's got more year to be called a man, but he knew he already is a man. Going to a school pissed him off. He's no kid--he's a thief for god's sake. The more he thought about it, the more infuriated he felt.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Garethcool » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 am

Lysander - Utility Bard
"Where there's a will, there's a way. Does anyone know a will?"

Lysander cautiously looked around the room. He had gotten so used to living in near solitude the pure culture shock of being with other people his age was driving him slightly mad. Lysander could feel words, thoughts, and ideas bubbling within him. They begged for release, but the thought of allowing such a thing to happen sent shivers down his spine. Lysander looked up at the headmaster, but quickly regretted the decision. He seemed so calm, sitting there watching all the students, but the way he looked at you left no secrets your own. Lysander looked at the ground, shivering slightly as e grasped the amulet held in his hand. He knew the stakes of going to the school. There had been stories of what had happened here, great warriors leaving when only runts had entered. Lysander rubbed the sapphire-like gem on the front of the amulet nervously as he looked at the other students. Would a bard like him even put up a fight if he had to? Perhaps he should find a warrior of sorts and help them. Lysander noted a few... candidates and made sure to attempt to speak to them later.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 pm

-Epalm Phoenix-

'Is there something I'm missing here?' Epalm thought as he looked up, down, and all around the room with the other first years. His shoulder guard bumped into a few people, drawing some glares, but he couldn't help it. He was still adjusting to the damn thing. At least his sword was on his back, out of the way. 'Why is everyone so nervous?' he thought finally watching the headmaster as he looked at all the students, seeming to look directly through them like a window. Everyone was nervous, or angry it seemed in the room, with the exception of Epalm and the headmaster of course. 'Why is everyone so nervous? Is highschool really this intimidating?' he thought as he thumbed through his father's journal one last time. 'I don't recall any bad things my father wrote about this place. So why's everyone so spooked?' he thought, almost growing nervous just because everyone else was.

Epalm quickly shook the feeling off. Even if there was a reason to be nervous, it would only hinder whatever they had to do later. But it still nagged him in the back of his mind. Shortly he grew tired of wondering and finally decided to ask one of them about it. He scanned the area quickly, looking for the perfect candidate. He found it, a bard no less, looking scared out of his mind as he thumbed an amulet. Epalm quickly walked over to him and spoke. "Hey man, why do you look so scared? Is there something we need to worry about?" he asked in a friendly tone towards the bard, hoping at least to start a conversation.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 am

Elissa Saito

Looking up at the headmaster, she stood quietly waiting for something to happen. She wasn't much for waiting, and socializing wasn't really her thing. She needed a clear mind for whatever lay ahead. She'd heard this was a vicious place, and the paintings reaffirmed that knowledge. The thought of it sent a tickle along her spine. It had been a long time since she'd fought for her life, and a physical battle seemed much easier than the mental one she'd fought with Lilith three years ago. A steely look crossed her face as her arms began to turn obsidian black as she thought of the past.

Postby Regalus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am

-Tendo, Mamoru-

With wide-eyed wonder young Mamoru ventured into the grand halls of the school alongside his fellow students. This was his first time by himself in the outside world, even if it was just in a pocket dimension. No maidens telling him what to do, no wardens watching his every move and correcting his every mistake. The feeling of his new found freedom was exhilarating to the young kirin; even if it would only last until classes started. Granted, while impressive, the school was no celestial palace; though its architecture and geomancy spoke volumes of the power and skill of the man responsible for it all.

He'd heard rumors about the founders of this institution; wielders of terrible an ancients magics, or so he had heard. He'd learned many years ago not to believe all the rumors whispered in the celestial halls. As he studied the various murals and portraits which littered the assembly hall a dark and foreboding feeling passed through him, sending a shiver down his spine. He almost called his horns, thinking that perhaps one of the gods had sent someone after him again, but nit wasn't so. When her turned all he saw was the cold stare of a man sitting upon a throne. He met eyes with him for only a moment before averting his gaze to the ground, thinking that there might be some credence to the rumors he'd heard; likening his presence to that of the eastern war god.

Mamoru shook his head, as if to shake off the man's very presence from his mind, and sighed. Their was much to be done before classes began, and if even half the things Rinoa told him about this place were true it meant that he'd need to work fast and find allies; and perhaps in his search he might even stumble upon his first candidate. Surely a school filled with wiccans, vampires, elementals and so much more must have someone worthy of him.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:39 pm

- Lanz -

The air was distasteful, full of anxiety and incompetence. Majority were intimidated by the paintings hanging around. He wasn't impressed. They're just paintings after all.

He pulled out from the crowd, and found himself at the back of the distraught crowd. Hands in his pants pockets, he checked both of his sides. Lanz had smug look on his face. He pulled his left hand out his pocket. Held by his left hand were a handful of jewels and trinkets; jewels of sapphire, a pair of pearl earrings and some necklaces chained with gold. These would do fine, he thought. He left guild on short notice that he forgot the booty he stashed in there.

Lanz, grinning ear to ear, hid his bounty inside the pockets of his jacket. It's high time he made a withdrawal. He pulled out his right hand. It wasn't a handful this time. He lift his fist and opened it, revealing a crumpled cloth. He dangled it in front of him. It was pink with a small ribbon on top. Lanz paused for a moment. He threw it away. It smelled bad. The thief went back to the crowd. He thought of getting another round.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Garethcool » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:01 am

Lysander - Utility Bard
"Please leave a message after the tone... ... ..."

Lysander looked at Epalm, his mind registering the questions he asked. Lysander opened his mouth, but no words came out for a moment. He tried to organize himself, his brow creasing from the effort of keeping everything together. "I've heard... Stories. They say that people... that... uh..." Lysander trailed off mid-sentence as his train of thought crashed. There was the sickening crunch and people lurched forward. Some caught themselves, while others were not as lucky. The sickening cracks of boned being broken was enough to send the passengers who had survived off the edge of their sanity, falling into a pit of despair. Lysander blinked and resumed his sentence "Ah... That students have died here because of the harsh courses." Lysander shrugged a bit, holding onto the amulet tightly "I don't believe them, but I'm not exactly the strongest person around... I'm Lysander, I'm a utility bard." Lysander held out his free hand (his left) and awaited Epalm's greeting.

Postby nekoneko » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:45 am

Caught in her own pace and in her own world; blissfully unaware of her surrounding piled by books on the librarians reception table, was Rielotte the teacher and librarian of Higschool Hell. Around her, was a fortress of paper and wood. Shelves stretching as far as the eye can see filled to the brim with books; all sorts of books in all known languages. It was her home and the only place she frequents. She was flipping on a particular book, which she have read for countless times. Regardless, it was an interesting book. Interesting enough for her to read it that many times to the point of memorizing it word for word. At some point, she would hope that her memory would fail on her on the right things. Apparently so, when she had been totally distracted by that particular book while there was an occasion going on today in this particular educational institution. It was the day where new students were to be admitted.

Postby Iris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 am

Ver'talzeer, My, oh, my

"My if that is true, I'd be somewhat disappointed." Came the voice of the demonic Ver'talzeer. He sat calmly with his back against his chair relaxed, as if he wasn't worried about his nature being revealed then again why should he be ashamed of what he was? The demon laughed, "Not the deaths of student but the harshness of the courses naturally" The way he added the last part of the sentence gave the feel that it was only there as an after thought.

Ver'talzeer's blade rested close to him, the strange mix of darkness and red danced within the blade while the demon toyed with it somewhat, constantly he turned it, the blade point rested on the floor creating a metallic grinding sound. "So you're a bard? Hmmmm, interesting, perhaps you might record some of my heroic actions in days yet to come!" The demon boasted with a smile, "Between one fight and the next, I can hardly keep up with how often my pride is questioned. Perhaps one of you mortals can help me remember the tally while I stay to learn and improve. Hahaha.

Postby Regalus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Mamoru: *HISS*

Mamoru had been content studying the various paintings in the room, as waited for the assembly to commence. At least he was until he over heard Ver's words, something about him just irritated the young kirin. So as a paragon of good, he couldn't just let words like his pass on challenged.
"Careful; you're ego's showing" remarked Mamoru cutting into the conversation as he leaned over the chair next to him.

"You really shouldn't talk down to your fellow students like that. From what I've heard, around here it could be the death of you, he explained in as calm a voice he could manage, in order to hide the disdain he was feeling towards him. "So try to be nice...if you can that is,"

Postby Cheesemore » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 pm

-Epalm Phoenix-

Epalm felt somewhat amused at the awkwardness of the bard. It seemed like he'd never spoken to anyone around the same age as him. Granted, Epalm didn't have much experience either, but still he was nowhere near as awkward as Lysander. After he mustered up the courage to finally speak his mind, he introduced himself to Epalm. "Epalm Phoenix, Pyarados prie...I mean paladin." he said shaking Lysander's hand and chuckling a bit, still getting used to the fact he was a paladin now and not a priest.

Epalm was about to say something else, but was interuppted by another student. Epalm's glance shifted towards him and instantly felt something was off about this one. As he talked, Epalm couldn't explain it, but the strangest feeling crept though him. The more he spoke, the clearer the feeling was, and when he finished, he knew what was wrong with that person. "Demon." he mumbled to himself as he adressed Lysander. Before he could speak again though, another student entered, saying it wasn't wise to make enemies so fast around here.

Epalm nodded in agreement with the newest member of the group, before turning to Lysander again."It seems we're somewhat popular, huh?" he asked the bard before turning to Mamoru. "And I'd have to agree with him on this. We should be trying to be nice to each other, if what Lysander says here is true." he said before turning towards Ver'talzeer. "We'll need all the help we can get if the teachers are trying to kill us left and right." he paused smiling towards them all before continuing. "By the way, adressing us as 'Mortals' is a bit odd. I take it you're not human if you adressed us like that, are you?" Epalm said as the tone in his voice grew more suspicious as he talked.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Iris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Ver'talzeer, Oh? Really?

The demon smiled happily as one of the students objected to his words, "My ego? Really? You'd be surprised how few tend notice that part of me." Ver straightened his clothing before continuing And actually ol' boy from my perspective. I'm talking up to you all. Kinda the reason to my being an' all. But if you require that I avoid certain words and mannerisms do tell."

The demon now listened carefully around, picking up words of interest as yet another spoke to him, "True, the term 'mortal' perhaps is a generalization but then, I can hardly go around announcing whom is human and whom is not. From how I'd see it, it would be far worse." Ver'talzeer laughed, the blade darkened beside him trying to whisper something yet the demon ignored it, "Yes, you are correct. I am not human, perhaps in form yet in actuality I am what you'd refer to as a demon.

Thus by this, it explains why I prefer to use the term 'mortal' as a form of adress. I am not of a time concerning nature for where I originate, time has little meaning for us. On that note as do the gods and angels, however they again perceive it differently... I cannot comment how they view it though, as I've yet to speak to one that is flexible and doesn't wish to 'cast me back'.
"
Again he laughed but now it sounded pleased by his wording, his pride and ego had been satisfied somehow, "Is there anyone who wishes to verbally dispute this? Merely on a philosophical bases?
Haha, ah... But I forget myself, I am currently known as Ver'talzeer. Ver to those who wish to save their breath.
"

Postby Garethcool » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:41 am

Lysander - Utility Bard
~~ and Part-Time Priest of Elistraee ~~
"Can I take a rain check on thinking?"

Lysander's thoughts scattered again as the first new person entered the conversation. He felt like they ran from the new person like bugs from a bright light. Lysander began to gather himself, composing a response for the request for him to record deeds. His response was to be along the lines of 'Fuck you, bards don't just write pretty poems.' but he was interrupted. He looked at Mamoru, his thoughts scattering like dust in the wind. He was getting rather frustrated at the constant interruptions. He was going to thank Mamoru for the comment, but was cut off by Epalm's conversing with the demon in front of them. Lysander sighed lightly and returned to examining the amulet, quickly touching the sword by his side. He always had to have his four 'artifacts' with him. The blade of his faith, his ankh, the small sapphire amulet, and his lute. The last was for purely self-based reasons, mainly being that he enjoyed having music for when he was alone or needed time to think. Lysander tugged at Epalm's robe gently, raising his voice slightly "I'm a priest too, kinda. I'm a firm believer in the teachings of Elistraee." Lysander motioned to the blade at his hip. "Worshiping Elistraee is interesting. It's filled with long nights and impossible odds." Lysander smiled and bowed to Epalm "I do hope we can be friends."
Last edited by Garethcool on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Regalus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

Mamoru. Eh?

I like him, thought Mamoru in approval of Epalm. It seemed as if he might have found a decent candidate. He seemed confident and had an air of respect to him, not to mention he managed to pick up on Ver's comment and went straight to the point; questioning his true race. Definitely, this young man showed potential. He'd have to try and keep an eye on him.

What happened next surprised the young Kirin. The person before them seemed to change from an air of arrogance to humbleness, his sudden subdued nature disturbed Mamoru a tad. Talking up to us? Mamoru meditated on the words, which only served to trouble him more. When he admitted to being a demon, Mamoru scracthed his scalp/ That was probably why he was feeling so hostile towards him, given the current circumstance he'd have to show as much restrain as he could.

"No need. Gods can be real idiots sometimes," he replied to Ver, if anyone was familiar with the ways of gods it was him after all. In his meditations he had almost forgotten about the other two present, taking notice of them once again upon over hearing that Lysander was a priest.

The mouse of a boy, seemed to be quite shy; though he seemed to have an air of kindness to him. Perhaps he would make a decent companion for the future, he mused as he watched Lysander bow courteously to Epalm. He thought it odd at first, thinking than only his people had that custom, but shrugged it off.

"Oh, silly me. My name is Mamoru," he said with a smile
And since we're all talking about ourselves here, I might as well come out with it myself. I'm a Kirin."

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:03 pm

-Epalm Phoenix-

Epalm smirked as his guess was dead on about Ver'talzeer. He was, in fact, a demon. Epalm contimplated what his next action would be, and he decided against fighting him. After all, despite the fact he was a demon, something that a priest was determined to obliterate, at the moment he ment them no harm, and Epalm needed to heed his own advice of sticking together with his classmates. He was about to respond to Ver's comments before he felt a tug on his robe from behind, it was Lysander.

Epalm thought it was odd, that he was hiding behind him when the other two approached them, but decided it was best not to ask that question, he was already spooked enough as is. Epalm listened to the bard and was taken back as he bowed at him. "No need to be so formal Lysander. Of course we can be friends." he said with motioning him to stop, and then he placed his hand under his chin as if to think about something. "And Elistraee you say? I believe I read a little on them. Goddess of the moon was it? No wonder the nights would be long." he said with a laugh. "I don't know how long nights compares to the training that I was put through, but neither would probably be to enjoyable." he said with a smile.

After his reaction he overheard Mamoru and his introduction. A Kirin, he claimed to be. Epalm hadn't heard of such a thing before, however it didn't sound demonic to him. He was curious as to what his true form was, but thought it best not to ask. After all, he was taking a human form, so either he felt the need to, or he didn't want to show off his true form, which were both understandable. However, it wouldn't hurt to ask him, would it? Epalm turned back towards Mamoru and asked "A Kirin? I don't think I've heard of that before. Are you some type of demonic or godlike being?" he asked causually. He didn't expect much of an answer from him. He just wanted a general idea of what he was exactly.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Regalus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Mamoru. Twonicorns

"Right, my kin never ventured that far into the west," he began before sighing a bit. How do I explain to a westerner what I am... he mumbled as he went into deep thought; sifting through what he had been taught to find something similar to his kind. After a few moments he began his explanation "Well, if by 'god-like' you mean holy or divine; then yes we are a holy race. I guess the best way to explain it would be that my kin an are like unicorn shaped angels." he paused shrugging "It's not the most accurate analogy, but I think it should give you a good enough idea of what we are,".

Mamoru wasn't quite pleased with his explanation, but given his limited knowledge when it came to western cultures, it was the best thing he could come up with. He made a mental note to check out the library at some point during the day. Hopefully he'd be able to find a better explanation, incase someone else asks in the future.

Postby Zelosse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 am

-Phauron-

Reasonably satisfied with what he had seen, both on the outside and the inside of students, he gave a snap of his fingers high above his head that deafened everything else out entirely. Yet as quickly as it started it ended with everyone staring at the robed figure sitting high upon his seat with a look of boredom on his face, not bothering to hide it at all.
It was time for his to address the new students about what they would face here for the next year of their life.

Standing up straight and with slow deliberate motions he crossed his arm's over his chest, the robes did little to hide the scars all over his fingers and wrist from anything as small as a slash wound to a severe burn scar, yet the most interesting of all was the long black-ish scar that spiraled it's way under his robes from the left arm. A story for another time perhaps.

Clearing his throat, his voice echoed out so that everyone could hear and understand him crystal clearly. His tone was softer then one would expect but carried a chill of the unnatural, far worse then any demon. "Welcome to the Academy, I am your Headmaster; Phauron. During your stay here we shall not become very close, instead look to your left and then right." Waiting as the student's did as instructed, then continued on.
"As soon as the bell ring's they will be your enemy, there can be only one king of the battlegrounds that you will be placed in so until then keep in mind that you WILL have to fight everyone in this room atleast once if you want to earn the prize."
Again he snapped his fingers but this time no sound erupted to deafen the gathered initiates, instead a small chest materialized infront of Phauron before dissapearing, his hand outstretched to catch it. Opening it up wide for everyone to see they would find nothing of particular eye-catching appeal but instead a bronzed key worn out from ages of use.
"This is the victor's key, with it you will be granted special training in a core aspect of your own unique battle style along with an item personalized to your abilities. They will give you an edge but will not make you invincible so banish the thought of such a thing from your minds." Closing the box it turned to whisps of smoke in a matter of moments and again Phauron simply stared blankly outwards.

"The battleground for the next few month's shall be the Plagued jungles, be wary for students are just one of the threats against your safety, but are also your most useful tool. Survive in the jungles, learn your skills and hone yourself to perfection. It is only through survival that you will ever truly learn what you are capable of." With that little speech done, he gave a loud clap and a new form appeared next to him.

Rielotte swirled into existence much like the box, but in her hand's were 3 sheets of paper specifically entrusted to the librarian of the school. Each had a different coloured hue to the paper: Bronzed and aged with a red seal on the rolled up scroll was the first, A very fine white parchment with a bright green seal was in the middle, finally there was the metal tube holding the last parchment inside.

"Each one of these scroll's can be found somewhere in the harsh terrain you will be enduring, finding them you must break their seal and recite the incantation on the front. It will temporarily summon you back to this area for close to a full day, depending on the scroll you find will determine how long you stay." Giving a nod of thanks he motioned for Rielotte to introduce herself and explain her job in the school.

Before Rielotte could speak he remembered a very important detailed he overlapped momentarily and apologized to his assistant for the interruption then turned to the students. "Be wary of "Judgement" for among you walk's the final say in all thing's. Cheat in my arena and the mist will find you, from it's depths lay only death." His cryptic speech done he lay back upon the large throne-like chair that served as his watch place for the moment.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 am

Lanz had finished his second run. It was a good haul today. At the back of the crowd, he stashed his good behind the hinges of the huge chamber door. He heard the headmaster speak. Lanz was surprised by the announcement.

"A royal rumble?" Lanz's brows furrowed. A grin slid his face. This was an interesting first day: beating the shit out of others. He loved it. Then something came up in his mind. "Cheat? What was he talking about?" This confused him, but he didn't care much think about it.

Lanz moved back, approaching the nearest wall he could find. Back against the wall, he melded with wall, waiting for the riot to start.
Not-an-animator

Postby nekoneko » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:38 am

"Ah, here comes the interesting part..."

Before Rielotte could continue reading her book, her physical body was suddenly jerked and sucked into a void of sorts. Apparently, it happened a little too fast before she could understand what happened - coupled by the fact that her understanding towards magical manipulation was rather, off. Within the next instance, she finds herself not in her safe haven; the library, rather in the midst of what seemed to be a gathering. As she looked around, she noticed that the headmaster, Phauron was simply just beside her. Her eyes then wandered about, collecting pieces of information through her visuals. It was obvious to her then at that very moment, while the headmaster began to speak at the very next instance;

"Each one of these scroll's can be found somewhere in the harsh terrain you will be enduring, finding them you must break their seal and recite the incantation on the front. It will temporarily summon you back to this area for close to a full day, depending on the scroll you find will determine how long you stay."

Today is the very day new students were to be admitted into the academy. Had she not been teleported by the headmaster personally, she would've forgotten about it - totally. To her amazement, within her grasps were three parchments of scrolls, those which she was supposed to have brought along while she should have originally attended the orientation. For some reason, she is rather dumbfounded to why the headmaster still keep such an odd individual like her as a working staff in that very academy itself. Regardless, she has arrived and understood what's next to come. The headmaster then gave a nod towards Rielotte, implying that she should introduce herself amongst the new students. But before she could say anything, Phauron stopped her and gestured an apology. At the next instance, the headmaster then spoke up yet again;

"Be wary of "Judgement" for among you walk's the final say in all thing's. Cheat in my arena and the mist will find you, from it's depths lay only death."

Now that the headmaster had done speaking, she glanced at him yet again; attempting to reaffirm that the headmaster had no more to speak of now. With any further doubts cleared, she then spoke up to the crowd, with all their eyes on her. It was rather daunting; so daunting in fact it meddled up with her facial expressions yet again. A rather angry face was shown; depicting a stern and angry individual up on stage. But when she voiced up, she spoke in her soft yet squeeky voice. Not entirely too squeeky to be uncomfortable, rather it was to a tone that was actually decent to listen to. A total contrast to her current facial expression.

"Greetings, students of Highschool Hell. I am Rielotte, the librarian and a teacher in this very education institution. I look forward to assisting each and every one of you in your growths any way I can."

She then gave a bow towards the students. Her opening speech was rather friendly, as compared to the headmaster. Perhaps it is of her personality to take it easy. She wasn't exactly an individual interested in chaos most of the time, ironically as she was born out of chaos itself. Not the element, rather an unforseen nor controlled event that simply occurred that triggered what is now known as Rielotte. As her facial muscles tensed up after quite some time maintaining the previous anger demeanour, she relaxed it unconsciously; returning it to her normal expression.

Postby Seirui » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 am

-Olphane-

With an ever-vigilant gaze behind his rather odd looking hood and clothing combination stood a man of no known infamy yet in his village was hailed as the demon king, a title deserved for his rather powerful attack style. Looking down momentarily at his hands he could not help but know that physical power was a huge problem; so much that it had actually taken a roll in bolstering his already impressive technique.

With but a subconcious flick of his will, the iron weapons that coated his shoulder-cape slithered out on their long silk cloth to dance like snakes as they pointed directly at him. Each silk cloth was dyed black but had a different symbol on it; what they meant only he would ever know. Staring at them as they pointed at his face, the man simply heard the whisperings of his own thoughts through the knives that served as a hive-mind for his other kunai that coated his clothing and cloak.
Recceeding back into his shoulder cape, with only their tips pointed outwards, the ninja continued to quietly watch the Headmaster for a few moments before he noticed a student stealing items of value from the other students assembled; items of sentimental value no doubt.

His movement's were ghostly, no sound no air no anything, as the boy made his rounds oblivious to his stalker and stashed them in the corner somewhere His iron kunai had come out of his cloak again to direct small threads outwards, ordinarily harmless but used for such occasions as this. With speed and silence they pilfered back the lost item's and then the man simply made his rounds through the area and returned the stolen goods to their owners without them even noticing it.

Where the stolen goods used to lay was now a small piece of paper, a kunai sticking it to the wall with scribbled lettering. It read; "Those who steal are doomed to be stolen from."

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:18 am

Lanz came out of the from hiding. I got bored when he realize the battle will start somewhere. The spur of the moment suddenly died like flame on a wicker. He sighed. The thief glanced at the door to check his loot. To his surprise, the loot was not there.

"What the--" He rushed towards the door. Nothing! There was a nothing in there, but a parchment of paper stabbed with a black knife. He ripped the note and read it.

"Those who steal are doomed to be stolen from." It sounded like an old fart lecturing. Lanz scowled, but grinned after. Speaking of old, he remembered the old man, the master of the thief guild he once was. Frankly, it was the old man's fault why was here in the first. He never understood the reason why he was here--might never will.
Not-an-animator

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 pm

-Epalm Phoenix-

Epalm tried to picture what Mamoru had given as a description. 'Eastern, huh? No wonder there was nothing in our library. And a holy being, similar to a unicorn, eh? Ironic that the demon and divine would seek each other out right away here.' he thought with a nod to Mamoru's comments. He was about to respond as well, but the headmaster finally spoke up. He followed his intructions carefully, glancing first at Lysander, then to Mamoru and Ver. 'A battle royal to start the year? Interesting choice. I would have suspected something, oh I don't know, more school like.' he thought as he continued to listen to the headmaster's explination of the victor's key and special training they would recieve. 'Specialized training would actually be kind of nice, considering I still don't know fully how to fight as a paladin yet. Sounds like I'm going to make a running at that key.' he thought again.

Epalm felt somewhat relieved when the headmaster mentioned they'd be fighting in a jungle as well. 'Thank god it's not a tundra. I can stand the cold.' he thought. Survival wasn't that big of an issue to him however. With his parents dead for a few years and the journey to even get to this school, he had to survive on his own, perhaps that would give him an advantage. The scrolls were an interesting idea as well. Three of them would be lucky enough to have an advantage to rest and heal before fighting. After they both finished their introductions, Epalm turned to his fellow classmates. "Sounds like we're starting out the year with a bang. Apparently they feel more content to make us try to kill each other then get their own hands dirty. However, I still won't go easy on any of you. May the best man win." he said to them with a smile. Regardless if they were going to be enemies soon, he felt it was only right to still be polite with them, since they were nice as well.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Garethcool » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Lysander - Utility Bard
~~ and Part-Time Priest of Elistraee ~~
"I'm a lover, not a fighter!"

Lysander sighed. It was the first day of classes and he already had to fight. He could wield his sword with a degree of confidence, but he had never been trained fully. He smiled a bit at the specialized training. There was still hope. If he could pull off a victory in the jungle he could get away with the training, or if nothing else he could avoid everyone else and defeat the last man standing. He nodded to himself. That was his best course of action. He could scout out everyone's locations and then wait until he was one of the last ones standing. He looked at Epalm, remembering that he was a paladin of Pyrados. Lysander wondered if the fight lasted long enough they would fight in his element. Lysander nodded once again at Epalm's words "Yes. Let the best man win."

Postby Iris » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Ver'talzeer

It appears that the mortal's do not fully comprehend the complexity of my kind. hehe, then again nor do I. Ver thought as he listened to what everyone had to say, carefully taking note of each individual's face and their potential value to give rise to his pride. The explanation of the 'mortal' Mamoru, nature as a Kirin intrigued the demonic 'student'. For the years he had been on the mortal realm, Ver had taken little notice of the other potential creatures of this world most due to his wish to fight his own kind. Unicorn shaped-angels.... hehe, how amusing
Perhaps his ignorance had blinded him to some interesting consiquences.

The demon listened eagerly to the words of the headmaster, the warning and potential threats. The thought of a battle royal set a warm fire inside the demon's 'heart', this would be fun indeed. "A most intriguing challenge, I look forward to see which of you will get to try their hand at silencing my mouth in the heat of combat." The demon laughed his face alight with a twisted happiness, "Yet you seem to think we must slay one another to advance this this trial by combat. The master of these grounds has not mentioned that blood had to be shed in order to achieve victory. Hahaha, no only that we were to defeat one another... surely one so holy as you would've taken notice of this. "
The demon grinned as he finished speaking, "But hey, what are rivals for? Aside from battling for a worthy prize.

Next

Return to Role Playing