Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Still Open

Postby Keiran » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 am

Lucien Kalen, owner of Harsh Pleasures, a civil monster.

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 am

Well then it looks like I've just been hired! Hope the boss has a strong stomach... same with them goods!

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 am

I wouldn't mind working with someone. I just need to come up with a character first. *flails*

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

hmm...How about a Snowy owl hybrid?

Or you could go for a hybrid and put it in the arena so your character and Nekos could meet up, maybe a komodo fighting dragon or some other nasty animal, like a tiger, or maybe some kind of bug hybrid since I don't think there's any of em yet.

Or something else, I dunno.

And I'm scared now.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:49 am

Why are you scared?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 am

Iris is in this now.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:51 am

=3 and Iris' character is awesome.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 am

He is pretty cool, good history too.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:03 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:
And I'm scared now.

*Glasses reflect the light off an over hanging lamp, as the rest of the head is covered in shadows. Only the reflection and his hands can be seen.* Just as planned.
Haha, but in all seriousiness thanks... I think?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:08 am

Three people make me nervous to be in the same RPs.

Ro
Slipslash
You.

And I'd take it as a compliment.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 am

Ro never made me nervous. Luckily we had plans. Awesome plans at that, though they never came to be.

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:14 am

Hehe, cheers bro. And Ro is an evil man at times with his creations... damn evil...

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 am

I love that. <_< I wanted to be evil with him.. We were going to in BG's Everafter RP =3

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:19 am

Were? Are you still planning on joining or has something come up?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:22 am

This was back in 2006/2007 Iris BG07's Everafter RP with his Mad Hatter, its different to what Aneri and Mastermind has now. That was my first RP I was ever in on this Snafu forum, I wanted it to continue.. but.. it didn't. *shrugs* I was very obsessed with it over the years, the first one, the remake wasn't as good. Funny though that some of the other original players wanted the first to continue too..

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 am

Ah ha. I see now, I forgot there had been several other EA's before the current two incarnations. Aside from the player change what do you think of them? (If you follow them anyway) When compared to the other older ones, or are they incomparable?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:31 am

Do you mean the setting and story? Well, I, personally will always think that the ORIGINAL was the best ever, although I did help Mastermind create his with the inmate experiments and was going to RP the Raven Queen, but since both of the newer EA RPs I haven't been able to think of a character as much as I would LOVE to RP my Inaiyah again.

Postby ViviGlow » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:35 am

I was wondering something about hybrids... not actually planning to make one, just curious.

If a hybrid has their eyes as their animal trait do they still have the red and black colours or would they have colours more suited to the animal?
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Keiran » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 am

They would have the black sclera, and the iris can be any color. The eyes cannot be their animal trait.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Say hello to epic wall of text. Iris and I plan to work in this so we worked together WELL with the CS and details.
Character Sheet
Name: Melanthe Fallon
Nickname: Mel
Species: Hybrid
Sub-species: Raven

Description: [Image Reference]
Melanthe is a rather tall for her age, just beyond average than human girls her age and slender and looks somewhat muscular through her upper torso where her wings are attached to her back with her pectoral muscles and her legs and arms, her inner anatomy suggests that her framework is very similar to that of birds which allow them to fly, she has fair skin and long black hair that reaches just above her waistline with slight waves to it, her eyes are the normal black orbs as trait to every other Hybrid in existence, although because of this she uses green colour contacts to hide the black orbs, her hybrid trait would be that of her pair of black feathered wings of which she hides by wearing a coat, her fingernails naturally pointed and sharp. Some would say that Melanthe, despite her hybrid nature she is a rather beautiful girl.

Clothing/Weapons: Melanthe chooses to wear clothes that are not only comfortable to wear but also non-irritable on her wings, the t-shirt’s that she chooses to wear must always be modified to allow her wings to fall through, whenever she is in public she knows that she must hide them and so she chooses to wear a long coat that would hide her wings and feathers entirely as comfortable as possible, she’d only choose to wear pants and t-shirts along with the coats. When she had met Arkamund, he had given her a switchblade in which she could conceal in a pocket of her coat.

Goal/Occupation: Legally adopted daughter of Arkamund Van Holt, a human ex-marine.

Personality: Melanthe is outwardly kind and generous to those of her own kind but when in public to the human world she is shown to be wary, quiet and shy. If and when she would be in danger, she will fight as a predatory instinct will set in or try to escape for fear of what might happen to her. She doesn’t like the way Hybrids are treated by the human world and much like her parents she too would like to see the day when Hybrids and Humans stand side by side in equality. Melanthe is also the kind of child who is rather free-spirited and likes to fly with the wind; there isn’t much that would stand in her way of being free-willed. Ever since she had been saved by the human ex-marine, Arkamund Van Holt, she began to think of him as a surrogate father figure in return of her being saved by him, he would be the only human she had come across that had the possibility of being kindhearted towards Hybrids and Melanthe had understood this, she does not fear him, although she sometimes doesn’t approve of his alcohol and smoking addiction, in a way she understands that this is his escape from the world.

History:
Melanthe was born to a Hybrid couple, on the run from their former tormentor and master. She could remember that both her parents were also raven hybrids, her parents were happy that she was born healthy and that even at a young age they could tell she would take after her mother’s beauty.
Yet this joy brought a deep fear of what would happen if they got caught again, what would they do to their daughter? In fear they began to avoid as much of society as possible, at times taking short flights to speed their journey across the dangerous land. Their hearts were heavy with the choice they made, they couldn’t trust many people in fear that they would be returned to that monster.
Melanthe began to grow up, her parents noticed that she was an adapt learner and so they taught her how to read and write or as best they could. They also began to caution her about the monsters known as humans, creatures that thought they were better than the hybrids, creatures that had forgotten the peace the hybrids once cherished. Now they were creatures that craved dark desires, doing things against the will of a hybrid, turning them into nothing but objects of their fantasies.
Her parents didn’t want to scare her too badly but they knew she had to understand not to trust every human. But somehow always Melanthe understood what they meant; she could see the marks left by humans on the body of her parents. Sometimes it was too much for her mother to bear but her father was always there.

Shortly after her 10th birthday her family had to make a stop by one the populated cities, a needed risk to gather enough food for themselves again. During their travels they were lucky enough to come across other hybrids who risked much by giving what they could, her father hoped this time they would have the same luck.

But tragedy finally struck, even after 10 years their former master had not ever stopped searching and what was worse he knew they had brought a daughter into this cruel world. While Mel was practicing how to fly properly her parents gently suggested that she play hide and seek. As Mel jumped for joy at the prospect she could tell they were hiding something, they told her they would always love her and that she should hurry.

Figuring it was important, Melanthe hid just far enough to see their makeshift campsite, at first she thought her parents were counting together but to her horror she saw a group of humans circle them. She couldn’t hear what they were saying, she’s thankful that she didn’t because what they would do would forever haunt her. They hit her parents, they kept hitting them. She could hear the humans taunting them as they rained down blow after blow, she saw her father fight off some of the kicks in a vain attempt to save his beloved wife but in the end the humans grew bored and finished them off in a hail of bullets.

Melanthe was in shock, she wanted to scream and run to them. But her parent’s had told her to hide, she heed to their last request, the tears that had built up during the ordeal vanished as she ran through the night trying to get as far away as possible from the monsters, because they knew of her existence.

For a week she ran, taking shelter where she could find it, trees, bridges, and abandoned rooms, everything her parents had taught her. Melanthe tried to endure her first birthday without her parents but then her luck ran out while she was out scavenging for food the following night, because while she was going through a dumpster several shadows emerged from behind and without warning she found herself staring eye-to-eye with the monster of her nightmares. The man had ghosted her into an alley and worse... he wasn’t alone.

Two other goons had come along with their boss to have some fun. At first they taunted her, asking Melanthe to reveal her mother’s wings, she tried to convince she didn’t understand what they meant, and she hoped they would brush her off as a case of mistaken identity. They didn’t buy it and before she could scream they forcefully took away her dignity, with the removal of her coat which had hidden her wings and partially her t-shirt.

Melanthe struggled continuously, biting, kicking, anything to break free but finally the monster had enough, telling one to hold Melanthe by her wings. Held high so her legs dangled fruitlessly by the ground they took turns beating her and tormenting her, taunting how her parents begged to leave Melanthe alone. Melanthe didn’t want to give them the satisfaction, she didn’t cry or shout, she only fought but the blows became too much.

Eventually the three humans grew tired, or at least with hitting her. They plucked out some of her feathers as trophies and it really went bad. They threw her to the ground without her dignity to cover her; they were going to teach Melanthe what her mother feared most. Exhausted, frightened and in great pain, she cried out but the bastards simply kicked her in the stomach before pinning her to the ground with their boots while their boss got ready.

Then something strange happened, a sound louder than any thunder she had heard erupted from behind the humans and the weight of the boots was lifted. The other two humans shouted in anger but she could hear them properly, she faded in and out of consciousness. One moment she saw one of the goons flung into the alley wall, his head a splattered mess. She remembered being lifted by her neck; her tormentor was using her as a shield. For the first time Melanthe would lay eyes on the ugly man known as Arkamund Van Holt, his scared and ruined face covered in blood, his mismatched eyes angry beyond anything a human should be able to portray and what’s more, he was standing over the bloodied body of the last goon, one of the bastard’s legs was missing. It gave her some satisfaction that he was suffering yet she was terrified of this man. If the human that held her was relatively good looking and had brutally used her as a punching bag... what would this man do to her?

Melanthe’s tormentor shouted something lifting the poor girl once again off her feet causing her to cry out in pain. The scared man didn’t hesitate as he raised his weapon and all Melanthe can remember was the flash of the muzzle and the warmth of blood on the side of her cheek. She fell to the ground and was once again lost in darkness for a moment, when she came to Melanthe saw Arkamund continuously punching the now dead human. The scared man turns to look at her with eyes she didn’t understand, she felt fear but before she could do anything she was finally embraced by the cold darkness.

When Melanthe woke up and she found herself in an apartment lying on a soft bed for the first time, the thing that caught her attention was that that her wounds had been treated they still hurt, a lot, but she was alive. The next thing she noticed the taste of porridge with honey on her tongue. Melanthe realized that while she was out someone had been feeding her, for what reason she asked herself bitterly. Stubbornly she tried to stand and flex her wings but cried out in shock from the pain in her ribs and pectoral muscles. As she tumbled out of bed a worn figure walked in, his scared face surprisingly showed extreme concern.

Melanthe wanted to fight the monster, he was going to hurt her. She knew it. But her wounds still ached and with grim anticipation waited for the beating. Her body was tense when Arkamund lifted her back into the bed with amazing gentleness. He tried to speak to her but she didn’t want to listen, she didn’t want to eat anything. After all he’d likely have drugged it so he would have his way with her. For two weeks she held out, only taking small sips of water from time to time, she scratched and clawed (or at least tried to.) at the man whenever he came close to her, she refused to take any food he gave to her.

She grew weaker and weaker until the man asked her a question, why didn’t she want to live. Melanthe responded hotly it was because human’s were all monsters, that they didn’t care about the hybrids, nothing to them meant anything save their own kind and their greed. Melanthe wanted to die but she let something slip, she was afraid of dying... alone and without her parents beside her. She didn’t want to die in pain.

To her surprise the ugly man knelt down with compassionate eyes and pulled out a switch blade. Melanthe wanted to scream but her voice didn’t obey, in silent horror she watch as the man gave her the knife and opened the blade. Then Ark did something peculiar, he guided her hand to his neck and offered that if she was afraid of dying alone, he would walk her to the gate of judgement and wait for her parents to bring her to the Promised Land. In a small voice Melanthe could only ask why, she would never forget the reason why Ark would give.

He too was afraid, not of death but the failure of saving a life that was in his hands, he said in an emotionless look that he had lost many friends, some human but mostly hybrids during a senseless war. That in his hands he delivered their souls into the warm embrace of the peaceful beyond. Ark told her of some of the trials he had face and what he suffered from now, the pain and illusions his mind played on him and the cruel comforts his past friends gave to him.

Melanthe numbly let the knife fall from her hands; she didn’t want to hear this, not from a human. Not from this ugly things called a human. Arkamund gently pressed on, telling her that he could tell Melanthe’s parents would’ve been proud of her. Strong, smart, brave and having a spirit like no other. That she must’ve brought them much joy. He said her tormentors were dead, that Melanthe and her parents were avenged. That they would’ve wanted her to carry out their dream with pride and not die so young.

Each word stung her, one after another her walls crumbled and after a month of holding it all in. Melanthe was finally able to grieve for her parents, for what had happened to her, thankful that Arkamund had saved her in the darkest hour of her life. Slowly and softly Arkamund lifted her and place Mel on his lap and embraced, giving her a shoulder to cry on and let everything out. Between the sobs and gasps of grief, Melanthe asked why Ark did all this, went through the pain and trouble.
The man placed her head across his heart and spoke softly, that he did that because she was a living person. Not a tool or doll, not something to be broken over and over again, that his heart beat was like hers, worn but steady.

After six months of slow bonding and dozens of awkward moments, Arkamund said something that changed her life. He offered to adopt her, to try and give her a life her parents wanted her to have. He offered to become Melanthe’s guardian, protector, surrogate father and someone to confide to. Hundreds of emotions played through her mind. And eventually she said yes.

Did we mention we like details?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:35 pm

AHHH, I don't wanna read it, i don't wanna, I don't wanna, I've read enough, It's too much, TOO MANY WORDS!!!
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Two small things Ali, she'll need to hide her eyes and Demons are extinct so you will have to change that to Humans in your history. Otherwise ACCEPTED.

Tomorrow I will send out pms to those who need to post.

Are you talking about the IC, Quinny, or Ali's CS?

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Alright, editing.

Postby Iris » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Actually those demon's are figurative. Not literal. We didn't want to use the word monster too often one after another.
If you want we could change them if needed.

And I'm editing my CS slightly to reflect Ark's life now with his surrogate daughter.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Keiran wrote:Are you talking about the IC, Quinny, or Ali's CS?

Both really.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing