Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Still Open

Postby Keiran » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:17 pm

High five, Bolts.

... Sorry Quin.

Postby nekoneko » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:30 am

Be churning up a CS soon :)

Postby Keiran » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Welcome to my RP, pleasure to meet you. Have fun, let your darkness free. :twisted:

Postby Jasthn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Sorry for not posting when I said I would. Anyway, Reiu, I hope the post works for you and the same for you Gareth.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Reiu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Works Jasthn!

I'll wait for Gareth to post whenever, and then I will.

Postby Garethcool » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:54 pm

It works quite well. I'll post in a few. Hours. Yeah, hours.
Last edited by Garethcool on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby nekoneko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:56 am

Name: Sarantsatsral

Species: Hybrid

Sub-species: Wolf

Description: Black and short with a messy bobbed hair with slightly tanned skin, a bright chocolate color. She has small almond shaped eyes, in the tint of bright amber with slightly chubby cheeks. She has a very small physique and seems to be very bony, almost as if you could see skin around bones. Her flesh could only be seen in ample amounts around her legs and her growing chest, although they are still relatively small. Her only trait that made her a hybrid would be her fluffy tail, almost of a Prussian blue tone. She is known to run very fast, with a keen eye for the bow.

Clothing/Weapons: She wears a simple ragged tunic of blue with tints of dirt all around. She has a bow made from the long, curved horns of the mountain goat and laminated to a core of soft birch wood and wrapped in animal skin. It was a bow passed down by her father during her times in the Northern Steppes.

Goal/Occupation: Hybrid Arena Combatant (She's too bony and savage to be used in the Brothels)

Personality: She is generally a girl who shows very much a tomboyish side, easily angered and rarely opens up to people because of what became to her. Often seen to be a silent person, she can be vocal if she needs to stand up for herself. One could say she is savage in a form like a cornered wolf.

History: Her family was a nomadic tribe living in the Northern Steppes as herders and hunters. She was found and raised by the nomadic family, just as if she was their own regardless of her being a Hybrid. She lived her life as a steppes resident for 14 years, learning the traditions and cultures from her tribe. Until a day where news reached the ears of raiders about the presence of a Hybrid amongst a nomadic tribe not too far from where they are, they set off to plundering. As Hybrids are often viewed more as a high-paying commodity, the raiders sought out to earn a fortune. The nomadic tribe of herders and hunters were no match to the raiders militaristic might, leaving a trail of a bloody battlefield while pillaging whatever they can grab.

After travelling for days through horse carts and ships bounded and gagged, the girl soon found herself brought to a place by her captives to what seemed to be a brothel. But due to her physique and her age, it would be too much of an expense to groom and train her; which she eventually found herself pitted into an arena; where Humans gamble and entertain themselves to a viewing pleasure of Hybrids fighting to their deaths.
Last edited by nekoneko on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Keiran » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:14 am

That, that is Brilliant. I never would have thought of an Arena!

ACCEPTED, Nekoneko. You may post at anytime, or I could start things off for you, your choice.
Will be on front page... eventually.

Postby nekoneko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:17 am

Ah, if you may, you could start things off for me too. I might be still relatively new to this new RP world, so I may take quite some time of reading to get a hang of it to start lol.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 am

I'm liking this more and more, I should make up a CS for this. O:

Postby nekoneko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:15 am

Perhaps you can join up also as an Arena combatant! Maybe we can pair up and escape or something lol

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 am

Perhaps... bad I had the other thing in mind... a while back. O:

Postby nekoneko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 am

Haha sure, don't let me manipulate your decisions here! Go and do what you wanna do :D

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 am

I'm not entirely sure yet. :V

Postby nekoneko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 am

I'm actually just waiting for someone to lead the way for me. Either Keiran or perhaps if I'm lucky, you lol

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:21 am

Hey Neo. You still want that doctor working for you? I've just reached that stage of the CS.

EDIT: See?

Name: Korbinian Stein, sometimes nicknamed Korbi but generally just Doctor Stein. A name with a prestige which he does nothing to contradict.

Species: Human

Sub-species: None, duh.

Description: Based on http://griffinwind.deviantart.com/art/K ... 26608&qo=4
Very tall, let us say….6 foot 4, so he really leans over people, because of this he sometimes walks with a bit of a stoop to bring himself down a couple of inches. He’s leaning towards thin and could be called skeletal if he wasn’t quite muscular underneath. His normal smile is quite timid, or small, nothing more than a small turn upwards at the right corner of his mouth which he has been told makes him seem more relaxing to be around. His skin though, is grey. It couldn’t be called any other colour truthfully, his hair is slightly lighter but a good bit more grey then white and he has quite noticeable scars over him, which overall gives him the appearance of a rather intelligent and active corpse that’s been taken apart and stitched back together, but contradictorily he also looks like the person who would be doing the cutting and stitching in the first place.

It is unknown exactly what he has done to himself but he does appear to be physically equal, if not superior, to others of a much greater build then his. This is the most popular theory of his assistants and support but is still uncertain as it’s said he was already an extremely competent fighter beforehand, but rumour has it, when the lab has gone quiet and dark, and there is just him, scratching away into his notes and journals, and if you listen as hard as you can… a faint sound, one you could swear you were imagining, a slightly muffled, ticking noise can be heard cutting through the silence.

Clothing/Weapons: Let’s see…pretty much the same as above or here for a more complete version. Long white lab coat which makes him seem even taller, it’s slightly baggy around him sideways but fits him very well vertically, reaching down to his shoes. Layered with pockets inside it and also stitched up with the same style as the rest of his clothes. His jumper also follows the same style and is split into three parts, dark grey, light grey and dark grey. His trousers are also dark grey and are made of the same tough material as his jumper, his clothes having been specially made to be resistant to damage and very strong.

And now for his very special glasses – Made in a way to reflect light back from them so you can’t actually see through them and makes them appear white. Very noticeable if he’s looking right into your eyes, as it just looks incredibly creepy that you can’t see his. Also equipped with night-vision and magnifying technology. A button is on each side of the glasses and turns one of the visions respectively, i.e. left is night-vision and right is magnify, the night vision gives the glasses a light green tint and the magnify a blue tint. Designed it himself for practical uses and he likes the eerie effect it gives.

He also is constantly smoking whenever he can; it also keeps him calm since his cigarettes are laced with benzodiazepines and other relaxation drugs which noticeably seem to affect the people around him more than himself now even though he swears to god he feels better for it. He’ll sometimes just blow it right in someone’s face if they’re beginning to panic, or if he just feels like being a dick and blowing unhealthy drug addled smoke at them, heh.

He’s also got tons of scalpels and little knives littered throughout his clothes, just for emergencies in case someone is hurt of course...or..in case, y’know, they’re definitely gonna die, there’s no point letting good organs go to waste anyway. So he’s got plenty of doctor’s equipment and medicines and the like throughout him and other small items like pens or spare thread and the like.

His last piece of equipment is more of a malfunction of himself than anything else, brought upon him when he was experimenting with the nature of electricity and its use as a power supply. He was trying to see if he could harness the power of lightning bolts and had placed up lightning rods out in the country. He was working privately on this as a side project so no-one else seems to know what happened or why, and those that he could have informed aren’t saying anything. Current rumour has it that he was struck by a lightning bolt or power surge during one of his more outlandish experiments and the side of effect has allowed to him to really shock people. Skin contact now seems to send a small electric shock through those that touch him, nothing serious so far as there have only been a few stray brushes against him which led to only causing people to jump or drop what they were holding with surprise from the nasty shock they’d gotten.

The worst that’s happened has been when a novice thought she would be helpful and give Korbinian some notes on one of his own experiments. Korbi had looked over the notes, and then picked her up, throttled her with his bare hands and then thrown her against a wall before scrunching up the notes, tossing them at her and leaving in disgust. The novice recovered from it but had a nasty mark around her neck and trouble speaking for a good while after. She didn’t return to work for Stein and moved into something more peaceful, as a high-school maths teacher.

Goal/Occupation: Unknown/doctor, scientist, head of medicine.

Personality: Hmm…tricky. He’s interested in people, you could say. Normally he can be pretty…well, not normal, but not noticeably crazy, some would say quirky and just think that’s just what those genius scientist types are like. He’s got a pretty tight circle and isn’t someone who would go out for drinks much, though he has been coerced into it a few times. He’s normally quite polite to people around him, to an extent, he does have his berserk buttons, like people interfering with his own work.

History:He was an orphan and lived through his younger childhood in a mixed orphanage, and by mixed, I mean for both hybrids and humans, it was not a good place. The human children were there because either they either had the worst problems a kid could have or were horribly unlucky, the unlucky cases then would either eventually join the nutcases and future criminals or get lumped with the same treatment as the hybrids.

Oh those poor sods…there were a lot more of them then the humans, about three times as much, but they were treated five times as worse. The humans got tatty blankets and mattresses in cold draughty rooms, the hybrids got the floor and each other in rooms designed to be used for about a third of them, and instead of windows, there was a hole, in the roof. Korbi was pretty much the unluckiest one there. He was lumped with the hybrids, treated the same as the hybrids and wasn’t particularly liked by the hybrids either, normally being shoved in the area of the room under the hole. He got the same food as them, and the worst of it, the hybrids bullied the most by the humans, used him as their own kickball. Needless to say, this all probably helped him along the path which affected him a lot in later life.

The hybrids there lived in separate areas, had separate meals and were kept apart from the normal humans as much as possible, but if you got mixed into the hybrid crowd, you stayed there cause if the humans who had forced you in there noticed you in their area again, half the time, they killed you. Korbinian tried to enter the human area innocently when he was five and got close enough to every bone in his body fractured, or very, very broken along with other brutal injuries. That’s where he got his first scars and stitches, without anaesthetic. There were a lot of horrors and terrible acts for the hybrids and even more for Korbinian, so many that it would be pointless to list them all, suffice to say, every day was a bad day.

Round about when he was seven or sixish and had just gotten his daily beatings from the hybrids, was when he began to get interested in people and how they work. What kicked this off was wondering why, when his finger was bent in such an odd way, did it hurt so unbearably much? And how come he still bled so much, he should have run out by now surely? And how come they kept hitting him, each and every day, and insult him and spit on him and just act like that? But he stopped thinking that for about half an hour after due to the humans showing up to do their daily beatings. He began to hate those hybrids slightly after that, the ways they acted, the ways they treated him and each other, the very touch and sight of them, the hybrids in that orphanage earned themselves a special place in his heart.

He left a few months after that and started living on the streets, running around with gangs and learning about the human anatomy. He excelled at it and began swapping through the gangs, learning what he could from each of them and then moving on until he’d learnt all he could from those few battle trained medics, which he could tell wasn’t a lot. Overall, a lot of them had contradicted each other and they had plenty of superstitions and wrong theories of what worked, he could see that already. He needed to find a proper doctor to teach him, but who would take in some kid from the streets?

It took him till he was thirteen to actually find someone, a kindly, fiercely intelligent, old man who only wanted to help the world, poor or diseased, human or hybrid, he looked for the best in everyone and helped whoever he could. After a quick conversation with him, he’d gotten the good doctor’s interest, but it took a long time for him to get Dr J. Smith to finally take him in. He did it mainly by hanging around outside his house and deliberately coming to him with injuries, which he seemed to be getting at a high frequency and which he just happened to “not be able to fix myself” he used these times to innocently suggest that “maybe if you actually taught me something then I wouldn’t be taking up your time.” Eventually, Dr Smith gave in to “stop your insufferable constant annoyances.” and let Stein have the old room in the attic, even if he did privately think that the boy showed promise.

Korbinian worked with the good doctor for five years until the old man unfortunately had a heart attack and died in his sleep soon after. A few weeks after his death, Stein used the money that had been left to him to develop patents for new cures and medical devices and invested heavily in his own business, within five years his hospital was fully under way, and in another five was one of the top medical facilities in the city. Famed for its advanced technology and methods due to it’s highly budgeted research centre and it’s private wings and charitable business for hybrids and humans in poor conditions or living on the street. Over the years, Korbinian’s hospital became a popular choice for anything that needed to be done privately and for its flexibility with clients and has been recently been doing a lot of business with brothels in an attempt to become their main supplier of medical equipment and healthcare for their… employees, Korbinain himself pushed forward with this despite his advisors and council’s complaints against it.

Theme song: Get out alive. If not actually for him, it should certainly be playing around him.
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Will do Neko.

I would love it if you joined us Ali

Looks good so far Quin, just one question. Are his pants attached to his shirt?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Nah, that would be crazy...actually, another reason. It wouldn't be good fashion sense.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Ah, that makes sense.

Postby nekoneko » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 pm

I'll be waiting for your signal Keiran, ready when you are! (I'll start posting right after you help me put her in a proper place which may aid the current story plot)

Postby Jasthn » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Keiran wrote:I would love it if you joined us Ali

I approve of this idea.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 pm

It would be nice to be in an RP with Ali.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 pm

You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Keiran » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Dude, is that an actual anime character?

Also, Gareth and Neko added to front page. You should look Jassy, I fixed Rebecca's Description.

Also, totally addicted to this song right now.

Postby sam4books » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:58 pm

That's hot.

And yes Kei, it's from Soul Eater.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing