Children of Grim, Act I , Never talk to strangers

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Children of Grim, Act I , Never talk to strangers

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 pm

{Southeast}

_Offer_

" I think, that poor boy is confusing us, Vox."
" Hmmm, I suppose, you're right, Vexagon."

The pair said as they talked amongst themselves, all the while mentioning their names to the patients. Vexagon, was the woman, and Vox, was the man, and neither of them looked menacing, even the guy with the jack hammer. The tones, they used weren't harsh, but soft. Certainly they were creepy with their matching red clothing, it seemed to be like uniforms due the similar styles they have on their chest.

" Regardless, welcome you to this haven for food and shelter."
" If you don't accept, that up to you. But it shows, you don't realize the hidden cost to your powers."

Like the message said, they honored it, offering food and shelter to the patients. But they also hinted at something.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Odile

Odile glared at Lorenz. How DARE he touch her Литл подсолнечника? Odette, Радость моя. Люблю тебя всей сердцем, всей душою. Мне не жить Без твоей любви! Why must you tease me so?
She saw the Shoe. Crazy lady in a giant shoe... she murmured, her dark purple eyes widening as she looked at the old woman.

Odette

Oh leave me alone, you stupid дамба. Go ahead and Die. The morning-girl hissed at the night. She cuddled into Lorenz, he was cute enough to tide her over until she drew enough power to summon Siegfried's image. What's wrong Lor? She tilted her head towards him What crazy lady? her blue eyes wide.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Re: Children of Grim, Act I, The land of twisted tales

Postby Garethcool » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Lorenz "The Silence"

Lorenz blinked as Odette cuddled him. A slight red came to his cheeks, but he managed to ignore it himself. He muttered his response, keeping himself quiet. "I thought she was the lady that made me like this~ Unable to do anything but sing~. It'd be fitting here... This place looks a lot like somewhere I haven't been to in a long time~" He looked at Odile for a moment, then back at Odette "If I may ask~ Why is a beauty such as oneself so mean to the poor girl~? She seems to mean nothing but good~" Lorenz looked at Odile again and smiled "Are you alright~? I'm hoping her harsh words haven't hurt you too badly~."
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Odette

Poor dear, I'm sure you'll get your voice fixed. She drew closer to Lorenz, her eyes darkening with hatred She and her father, they're the reason He's dead. If she hadn't interfered He would still be alive, I'd be whole instead of part swan. That shape-shifting bitch. her long white dress trailed after her on the grass, her hair flowing like a silk cape

Odile

As long as my Литл подсолнечника is happy my life is full of joy. She said, growing smaller, this man was like a daddy. I'm not worth much and I'm just happy she notices me. Her voice became child like and looked like a six year-old with long black pigtails trailing on the ground, her skirt swishing about her knees. Odette is the prettiest, most kind person ever! I'd just die without her! she started walking faster to keep up with Lorenz and Odette. She looked around. This place seems like the village where we're from!
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Karen – Seeking attention

“You could be both, for all I know or care,” Karen answered back at the voice, when it asked whether it was talking or rambling. “I just wish you’d start making more sense. And I’m Karen, and I’m a dancer; the most talented dancer there is,” The girl on crutches stated without fear or favour. “Now who are you?” she asked, trying again.

Karen then, with confusion, frowned at the cat that appeared near Liyr. “So it’s a cat?” She looked at the animal incredulously, then back up to the second floor. “How did it do that?”

It was then the girl noticed the strange old lady that had joined them, and she pulled a face, looking away from her. She’d been brought up by an old lady, and she would have been happy never to see an old lady again. She just hoped she wasn’t expected to look after this one too...

And then there were those two (admittedly) pretty girls who were garnering all the attention! Karen glared at them. No one should have more attention than her! And they were stealing Lorenz from her too!

Quick, think of something to get him looking at me again! she thought.
So she took a step, pretending to trip, her crutches clattering to the ground as she ‘happened’ to stumble right into Lorenz’s arms.

“I-I’m so sorry Lorenz,” she stuttered, her long graceful arms grabbing hold of him for support. “I...must have lost my footing...these wooden feet are so terribly awkward and clumsy...” Her eyelashes fluttered up to look at him, her dark eyes looking innocently back at him.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Iris » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 pm

William, Gingerbread house

As William listened to the couples words, his eyes narrowed nervously as they finished. Carefully he licked his lips, "W-What do you mean with hidden cost?" William's voice clearly reflected that he was somewhat uncomfortable with speaking to others.

"I thank you for your offer but...but I'd like to stay outside a moment. My nerves aren't all that relaxed yet... I'd rather not..." He paused trying to find the right words to describe his power, "I'd rather not suffer the pains again." Although he wasn't sure what the couple had meant and what they were planning but their words had sparked a fact William had long known about himself for a long time now.
His face become one of a brooding man, his right hand had slowly moved over his heart and clenched the ragged shirt.
After a moment he shook his head, "I will b-be inside shortly... I just need to calm my self again... I'm terribly sorry."

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:13 pm

-Pearl, Southeast-

Pearl wearily looked too her fellow escapees as they argued amongst themselves about which way to go. “Why does everyone want to split up? We’ve got a small little family here. You don’t break up a family. Sure you argue but you all get along in the end.” Pearl looked to her children and smiled. “Something is coming this way, something big. Maybe those doctors too and their guards. We need to be far away when they get here.” Pearl looked to the group heading southeast and took a tentative step in that direction. “Come children, we need to get going.” She said hurrying them along. Pearl set off towards the southeast the others, her three sweet little children obediently following in tow.

To the southeast the doting mother and her children along side their fellow travelers came upon a house in the middle of a field. Even at a distance there was something peculiar about that house. “If I didn’t know better I’d swear that house was made of cookies and candy.” If that wasn’t enough it even smelled peculiar. “Do any of you smell that?” She asked quietly to her children. As if on cue little Benny sniffed the air and nodded excitedly. “I know it smells sweet like ginger and icing.” Benny started to rush forward, excited by the thought of sweets, but Pearl grabbed him by the hand and waged her finger at him. “No Benny not until we meet the people who live here.” The boy looked sullen as he fell back in line with his brother and sister.

A pair equally odd as the house itself, a man with a jackhammer and a woman in a fancy dress, stood waiting to greet everyone. Despite their odd manner of dress Pearl saw no need to pay them any suspicion. Pearl was weary and the couple’s offer of food and shelter was nothing short of a god send. “Thank you very much. My children are most grateful for your offer. A haven really is what we need right now.” She wasn’t sure about the others but Pearl wasn’t about to pass this up. "I hope the rest of you will join me." She said turning to the others.

Postby Bolts » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Gertrude - Kids these days

Gertrude simply smiled at the display going on between the three women and Lorenz, who at this point looked like a piece of prime rib surrounded by hungry lionesses. "My you girls are certainly taken with that lad aren't you?" she said with a sly giggle. "Frankly I think it's adorable. Really it's nice to see young people embracing their emotions." Gertrude cackled all the more as she pulled herself up out of the confines of the shoe-tank's cockpit. "Be careful though, young prince. Playing with girls' hearts can get you in quite a bit of trouble. I might have to discipline you myself if you hurt any of these adorable little girls." As the elderly woman spoke, a whip suddenly manifested in her hands. "We wouldn't want that now would we?"

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:20 pm

_South_

The pair entered the ginger bread house. To those that would enter the house right after them, they would start to notice that the ginger bread house was growing with every step they managed. What was originally a hut of goodies in the middle of nowhere was becoming a mansion. And the pair, were becoming giants before their very eyes.

_South East_

The cat's head twisted completely round while it smiled. " Won't be fooled?" The cat questioned in a such a playful tone. " Of course, you can be and the best part, you're still being fooled." The orange cat mocked at Liyr. " Who I am isn't important. What I want is." The cat answered as it faded away escaping Liyr. " And what we want is, is this vermin's life." A different voice said, this one was definitely had a manly voice to it. If they, the patients of Everafter island, turned, they would find the source of the other voice right nearby by them, standing in the middle amongst them.

This new voice, belonged to a man a man with a thick dark brown doom bringer mustache. His eyes were bionic as they had an eerily neon green glow to them. His clothing was a suit, a red suit with a desperado cowboy hat. On the right breast of his suit was a yellow rhombus and a black V. He had a strange looking hand gun in his right hand. The barrel of that gun was connected to Hade's head." You have a choice, let this man die and be hidden from those that are hunting you or fight to keep this man alive and then fight what is hunting you." The orange cat said as it was now resting on Lorenzo's left shoulder.

The gunman, pointed his free hand at Liyr. The finger tips of his hand were actually barrels. " Oh and, partner, since revealed what you can do. You'll head will be full with lead if you attempt something." The cowboy threated to Liyr.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:49 pm

*At Gunpoint*

Liyr jumped back as the cat disappeared. He had ignored the old woman in his anger at the cat but he hadn't noticed what Lorenz and the girls were doing until he started back. He looked towards the source of the other voice and found it with no trouble whatsoever. He looked at the barrel pointed at him and stiffened. His fingers twitched and his eyes flashed. He was calculating his chances of being able to get something between him and the gun before the man shot him but knew that it was foolish. He relaxed and let the control bar fall against his side. He glowered at the man, though, and was ready. If someone could make a distraction, Liyr could try to take him down.

"I'm not going to let that man die. We have nothing but your word and your word is worth less than termites to a puppet maker. And if you kill him, I will break you."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Odile South

The tiny girl watched as the strange lady said she was the best dancer around, Nu-hun. She said in her childish voice, Odette is the best dancer ever! She's like a swan. You're a duck with wooden feet She glared And Daddy taught me ballet so I'm better than you too!
Odile rolled her eyes at Karen's fall as she caught Odette, who had slid off of Lorenx's shoulder because of Kare's momentum Pick one or the other, Испорченные принцессы. You can't be the best dancer if you're as clumsy as a черный медведь. She cuddled the tall blonde to her child-like breast

Odette

Let me go you little сука! She hissed. And help me up! She stood up impatiently as Odile helped her up.
She looked at the old lady defiantly, And who are you, старуха? And glared at the new Man and the cat I'll just have Odile fight them while we get away. The only one who will die is this thing. She jerked her head at Odile

Postby Garethcool » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Lorenz "The Silence"

Lorenz caught Karen gracefully, holding onto her "Ah, don't worry yourself~. You're not injured and that's what matters~. The fact that you're in my arms is just a bonus~!" He smiled at her for a moment before returning to the tense scene. Lorenz' hand drifted to his belt, lightly touching the knife that was there, he jumped slightly at the voice by his ear. "Oh! The cat~... So there is no middle ground? We fight and continue fighting, or sacrifice one of our own for safety~?" Lorenz carefully propped Karen against him as he carefully crouched and retrieved her crutches. He handed them to her carefully "I would recommend you stand back, elegant dancer, you don't seem like a fighter to me~." He pointed to Odette and Odile "If you're both only going to bicker about who's a better dancer you're both probably not much help in a fight~ I for one refuse to let another man die in front of me as I stand helpless~!" Lorenz made sure Karen was standing before drawing the small knife and pointing it at the gunman "Release Liyr and fight with honour~!"

Postby Bolts » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:14 am

Gertrude ~ Hurt the Children?

Gertrude's limited attention shifted towards the gunman aiming at Hades. For a moment she simply stared blankly at him before realizing what was going on. "Kill the child? No! No, no, no, no, no!! I won't allow it. I'll rip you in half before I see you harm a hair on the child's he-" Gertrude's rant halted in mid-stride as her attention shifted towards Odile. "What's that dear? I don't speak french."

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Odile

Да мой довольно She changed herself to be taller, older, stronger, the nails on her left hand grew long and sharp. Her hair shortened and her feet were encased in ballet slippers. Her clothes loosened to allow for better movement.
Русский She said to the older woman Подсолнечник and I are Russian She lifted her dress to her right thigh and pulled out a small knife that was strapped to it. She held it in her right hand Водка! She gave as her battlecry and ran at the man holding the gun

Postby Musicmac » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:22 am

~Doctor Dmitry~
Panic, Doctor. Panic.

Держите себя, ребенка! Dmitry's voice boomed like a thunderclap in Odile's head. The Doctor had grabbed her arm when he saw her attempt to attack. His grip was surprisingly strong and managed to hold hers for a while. A jolt of electricity suddenly shot though the girl's body and suddenly, Odile would notice that her arms and legs had gotten painfully numb. The man held onto her hand, trying to prevent her from falling. He had not expected this, stopping someone's motor neurones without realizing it.

"Are you alright, ребенка?!" The panicking Doctor repeated the question to her, hoping that she was okay. It was the first time he had used his voice since breaking out of his pod. Perhaps the fact that he had accidentally hurt someone who spoke his language had made him forget his silence. The Doctor shot an angry glare at the barreled-finger man, it was his fault. If he had not come out and threatened the man with the singing voice, this would not have happened. It was all his fault. "Release him, ублюдок! We will do what you want!" Dmitry shouted at the man, his right hand holding the wooden handle of his fire axe tightly.

It was all his fault.
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Julian Hellion -little high, little low / Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Julian looked at William and realized that the man was more scared then him. He puffed out his chest then followed the couple, watching as the nightmare-dog followed in the shadows and feeling himself turn solid. He watched everything grow and muttered aloud, “This isn’t a good thing, is it?”

Postby Iris » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:37 pm

William, Am I tripping out?

The sky, yes, the black sky, endless and mystified to those who had forgotten it's truths. The air that ran freely around him comforted William, it was a sensation that lifted his spirits, to feel the slight winds of a the night go through your cloths and across the skin. Even one that's so scarred Will reflected to himself. Slowly he began to relax his heartbeat to normality, his eyes closed for a moment taking all that was around him before he made his decision. He was about to ask the group what they should do when Julian moved forward.

The fact that Julian was moving ahead somehow convinced William to follow the couple, perhaps it was instincts, maybe it was his unexplored curiousity. He stepped after Julian, at first he looked to find the place larger than he expect, were they underground somehow? No this isn't right.... The gingerbread house was growing larger unexpectedly.
"I-I'm not sure Julian..." William replied his eyes widening, "Excuse me Sir, Ma'am w-what's happening t-" He stopped speaking as he realized their hosts began to grow in size. His heart once again began to beat faster as fear crept from the darkness to engulf his mind once more.

Postby Nightreaper0513 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Nate Skaoi - Where'd everyone go?

Letting out a large yawn as he woke up, Nate looked around in the pod he was in and saw several pieces hanging loose. Seeing the door wasn't that locked anymore, he kicked it open and climbed out to see several other pods, between the wreckage, that were open and empty, as well as a lot of water around. He turned around and took his hammer out of the pod, just to not feel empty-handed or defenseless.

Figuring others like him were out there while looking at the pods, he thought out loud for a minute. "I'd better find them... Safety in numbers, right?" That, and he hated being alone. For a moment, he did wonder how he'd be able to find them, but his thoughts were interrupted, being startled after hearing several trees in the distance being toppled. "I'm sure as hell not going that way..."

Quickly looking around, he noticed something alike to tracks in the soil, and figured, since they lead away, they were most likely left by one or more of the others. With no idea as to where they lead to, Nate started following the tracks, taking some time to get to the others.

Finally arriving at a seemingly abandoned town, he started looking anxiously for anything that might show the others were around, while still keeping to the tracks, though he had to look carefully at times, as there was another set of tracks crossing the first.

After some more 'follow the tracks', he finally saw the others, and started walking to them, but when he got close, he heard a man's voice threaten someone. Quickly hiding himself behind a corner of a nearby house, he saw someone in the group with a weird hat point at another while peeking around his cover. "I guess that's the one that made the threat... This is not good..." Looking again, he saw the eyes of the person glow creepily green. "Not good at all..."
- If you don't give a crap, go out and find a reason to.
- Life is as good as your current state permits you to enjoy it.
- To block out the world, I put headphones on, so I don't have to listen, to anyone.

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 am

{South}

" The more, you use your powers, the quicker, you're dead son." The cowboy in the red suit mentioned as he still held the gun against Hade's head. He didn't care if most of them didn't listened, he just needed one person to understand, one person to improve their odds of survival. From what he could hear, they made their decide as one of the foreign speaking girls charged with a knife. " Bad Call." He said as he pulled the trigger. The bullet passed right through Hade's head killing him instantly. The cowboy then, took a step and aimed for the Odile. He fired again, however this time his bullet collided with her knife, knocking it out of her hands.

" By the way, son, I'm the best god damn gunslinger alive, and they made me better, good luck." The cowboy commented to Liyr. The robotic fingers of the mechanical hand started to rapidly fire bullets at Liyr. He spread around that machine gun hand as he fired bullets at Lorenz, Karen, pretty much everyone as he moved back . "Looks, like I need to change up the scenery for you, Vombus." The orange cat remarked as it continued to remain on Lorenz's shoulder's.

What was Lorenz's village that surrounded the patients in the evening, became a mid-afternoon rural town surrounded by god forsaken desert. The heat on their bodies felt real, the scent of sand, and even the touch if one were to carcass the sandy ground, would know it felt real. Something was go on. " Thank you, kindly ma'am." Vombus, the wild wild gunmen remarked as he entered one of the seemingly deserted buildings while still shooting bullets from his metallic hand.

If any were to notice through, the tower, the building that led there them was still there.

_ South East_

" Well you're shrinking, of course." Vexagon answered to William, the man with the beast problem with a whimsical smile. She collapsed her umbrella and pointed to the walls and the ceiling and began to explain. " When we found this place, we learned that it is, indeed completely edible." She mentioned to the group in a booming voice. " So to use it as shelter and to service you, I shrunk you." She went on to say.

"It's also because one of you, is based on our leader, Vescent." She let slip. She covered her mouth to stop her said while Vox rolled his eyes. " Moving on, to survive, you will need the basics, food, water, and shelter." Vox said before anyone asked about their so called leader. " Something we provide for you all." He mentioned, through something about that was extremely odd. Why do that at all? Shouldn't there be a price at least.
More Robots

Postby Garethcool » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Lorenz "The Silence"

Lorenz threw the dagger at the gunman, turning quickly. He dove back towards Odette and Karen. He smiled at Karen "Excuse this, but I don't exactly want you in the crossfire~!" Lorenz pulled them to the side, placing them at the door of another of the buildings. Lorenz looked at them both "Be careful, neither of you are to get injured. Safety in numbers means we need our leader intact." Lorenz looked around and picked up a shovel leaning against a trough. Lorenz spun it casually, watching the building "Father dearest, please commend my spirit~..." Lorenz brought the shovel up and readied himself "Anyone who's willing to fight come with me. Anyone who's staying behind stay with the ladies."

Postby Geomancer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:46 pm

*Old Place*

Liyr spun his control bar rapidly. "Attachattachattach." Strings flew out from the bar to grab everything nearby. Rocks and debris shot up to deflect and bullets, if not stop them. The few that got through were stopped by Liyr's weapon. The bar must have been made of something other than normal wood because the wood didn't even splinter as the bullets were deflected. "Detach." The strings disappeared and the shattered items fell to the ground as the earth under him turned to sand.

*New Place*

Liry frowned at the sand underneath his feet. His shoes sunk into the new terrain. He shook his head, then ran past Lorenz. "He's getting away! Come back here, damn you!" He stumbled once but caught himself and kept going. His earlier action had tired him out but he wasn't going to let that stop him from catching that guy.
Last edited by Geomancer on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Musicmac » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:32 am

~Doctor Dmitry~
Dodge. Roll. Examine.

A bullet fired out from a gun has an unmistakable sound. Every crack, boom and pow that a gunshot emits is signature and copyrighted down to its very last decibel. It was always an awful noise to hear in his travels and impossible to withdraw from the mind. Like that annoying song that you could never get out of your thoughts. A dangerous song that told him his life was in danger.

That very song played through the Doctor's mind when the barrel-fingered man, Vombus was what he had called himself, sprayed a flurry of bullets at the Southern travelers. Dmitry reacted quickly and grabbed the Russian Black Swan by her waist and shoulders. As more bullets started to hit the brick road, he made a desperate lunge towards the crushed bricks. The Doctor winced from the pain when he landed into the ditch of broken stones on his back. At least the ребенка and I will live, he thought to himself. he had been thought by Moiseika and various others on how to survive in the line of fire. First is to calm yourself and run like scared bunny, he remembered Moiseika's instruction in his broken English and messy Russian accent. And the next is to check for injuries, Dmitry quickly finished the sentence in his mind.

He looked down on himself and saw no blood or felt any injuries, although his adrenaline would easily make it seem that way. He quickly lifted the Swan and placed her next to him in the ditch. He had to make sure that the child was not hurt. Odile's eyelids were opened one by one to have her eyes checked. The Doctor was slightly relieved that they were still moving, meaning that she had not fainted from his shock. Before he could examine for injuries any further however, the bricks around him started to dissolve into burning yellow sand.

"Damn it," the man cursed in an angry and somewhat hushed tone. He really hated heat.
Listen.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:37 pm

-Pearl, Gingerbread House-

As Pearl walked forward she saw the gingerbread house grow before her very eyes. A shudder passed through her body as it did but it passed quickly. What once was a quaint little cottage of cookie and candy was now what seemed to be a palace looming high above their heads. Even their new friends had become giants. “Why is everything getting so big all the sudden?” She wondered. William was the first to ask what was probably on everyone’s mind. “Shrunk?” She thought turning between William and Vox and Vexagon. “That makes perfect sense.” She smiled. “They can help a lot more people if we’re all really small. I don’t think we would have all fit before. Anna and Benny were excited as well. Pearl could hear Benny talking about how much more fun hide and seek would be, and how they could find a nice wall to hide in when playing cat and mouse. Ned thought it was silly, as he pretended to be too grown up to play those games. Mother knew though that he would go along and play eventually. He didn’t like being left out as much as any other kid. Pearl chuckled, recognizing sound advice coming from the mouths of babes. Even hiding from the doctors would be easy at this size. Yup all this made perfect sense.

As she walked forward though there was a nagging thought in the back of her mind. There had to be some potent magic afoot that they could all be shrunken down like this. Magic was capable of both great miracles and terrible horrors. Vox and Vexagon had more power over their persons that they were letting on. None of these concerns however were able to penetrate Pearl’s conscious mind. She and more importantly her children were safe and free and getting much needed food and shelter from a couple of very fine people. She hadn’t a care in the world. Looking back though she recognized what looked like fear in the eyes of William and Julian. Pearl paused for a moment and gave each a sad look. “Why do you look so scared?” She said in a motherly tone. “These people have offered us food and shelter. They just made it a little easier for themselves to do so. You didn’t expect all of us to fit in that little cottage did you?” Pearl smiled. “Come now I don’t think they will hurt us. Besides, you’ll both catch a death of cold if you stay out here at night. You don’t want that do you?”

Postby Iris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 am

William, what....

"Sh...Shrunk?" William asked nervously, "T-that's an interesting and curious p-power...The young man compilmented his host but could not stop his inner question, Based on who? One of us is what? yet before he could voice his question something passed unsaid between the two as they altered their conversation. I suppose everyone has their secrets.... he figured, however his heart felt heavy with that, there were awkward wordings, ways he didn't fully comprihend but was fearful of voicing them, he didn't enjoy the thought of being criticized. William hoped his trust wasn't misplaced in his hosts, that he was only paranoid.

“Why do you look so scared?” Came to voice of the older woman, her voice sounded somehow concerned.

William looked down perhaps somwhat abashed to her question,"I-I-I always am, my f-fears, what the doctor's call d-d-isorders... I-I suffer... I... I'm fearful of other humans-of making contact with them...." He somehow blurted it out in a hushed tone, ashamed of his fears. "I-I am thankful for their aid, more than I can express... but I am a-a-fraid..." He paused his heart was pounding so hard into his ribs it somewhat seemed like it was hurting, again his right hand clenched the fabrics above his heart, "B-but I fear of what I am... what I've become t-through the exp-p-periments... the pain..."

William stopped walking, slowly going on one knee, making it as if he was praying. And if he was it was somewhat desperate as the young man was constantly trying to focus his mind away from the stress. He had to focus away from his pain, from the fear and above all else, what his power was. Although he could maintain his stress levels, stopping again the transformation, a small trickle of blood began to run down his left arm staining his already dirty and ragged clothing.

Postby Bolts » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:31 am

Gertrude Shoe - What's the rush?

"Russian?" Gertrude questioned with a perplexed look at Odile. "Oh my no, dearie, you shouldn't rush in to anything. The early bird gets the worm but the patient cat eats the bird after all." she stated, seemingly completely oblivious to Hades being shot. Once the gunshot had registered though, Gertrude's eyes bugged out as she again saw the cowboy shooting at the children. With the sudden shift in the environment though, her magnificent tank became much less mobile with its meager wheels.

The elderly woman ducked into the weapon, closing the hatch above her as she did so as to avoid any ricocheting bullets. "One, two, buckle my shoe, three, four, shut the door, eleven, twelve, SEND YOU TO HELL!!!" she cackled as she threw one of the levers within the tank, causing the gigantic metal shoe to launch forwards towards the door, effectively smashing a hole in the side of the building as bullets continued to ricochet off the seemingly impenetrable shoe. Gertrude remained on the inside, apparently shaken up by the sudden collision. "Oh dear it seems I've gone and kicked your door in. How clumsy of me." she remarked with earnest concern in her voice.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing