Sea of Clouds: Treasure of the 7 Moons (original work)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Sea of Clouds: Treasure of the 7 Moons (original work)

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Sea of Clouds: Treasure of the 7 Moons

Chapter 1 Welcome

The world of Avila, a world of floating continents and scourges of the sky. This land is inhabited by a people that worships the six colored moons of their world. The Green moon, god of nature and wind, the Red moon, god of sunlight, the Blue moon, god of water, the Purple moon, god of Destruction, the Yellow moon, god of energy, and the White moon, god of purity. These people have forgotten what is beneath the clouds and dare not go for fear of what there might be. Every year this planet is showered by a blessing from the gods, Moon Stones. These stones are extremely strong and produce large amounts of energy when heated. A single Moon Stone the size of a palm can power a house for a month. Most moon stones are used as energy first, stored in moon stone canisters, then the molten liquid left over is created into a weapon. The weapon created has the color of the stone it was made from.
The skies of this world are riddled with large amounts of floating islands, ranging from small, ship sized islands, to huge Floating Continents. The Seven Skies are dominated by each Continent. The Desert Continent of Nasir in the Southern Sea, is ruled by a kindly King. The Frozen continent of Alantine, a continent almost uninhabited excluding a few nomadic villages. The Jungle Continent of Quetzal, a tribal shamanic continent. Jeda the Mountainous Oriental continent. Ghido the Imperial continent of Energy. The Sacred land of Holaris. The lost continent of Darkova.
This story starts 25 years ago, a great Pirate King, Stern Lockwell, had amassed a huge sum of treasure. Being as ambitious as he was he decided to find the 7 tombs of the Ancients and steal the treasures. After this he decided to settle down at his home base. He hid the Treasure in seven places around the world and the rest he gave away. While visiting a tavern his men bragged about how they were going to steal the cargo of a very rich and well known merchant ship, The Greed.
When Stern's ship known as The Lunar Glory, docked and boarded this vessel, he and his crew discovered it deserted. That's when Ghido attacked. The entire Armada had shown up to take the Pirate King down. However, not a single ship had gotten off a shot. Stern to save his crew issued a parlay. He met with the Admiral of the Armada, Glaksco, a young up and coming admiral, and they issued the terms of Stern's surrender. 2 weeks later the public execution of the most wanted pirate, Stern Lockwell, had commenced. When asked for any final words he made a speech that ended with these words. "To all People of the Skies and Sky Pirates, the one to find where I hid the Ancient's Treasure shall reign as king of the skies, the articles in it can unlock tremendous power. I left 1 part of it in each of the 7 Skies. Find it if you can."
So the race is on to see who can obtain the legendary "Lunar Treasure." The adventure has begun.

There will be more to come at a later date.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Re: Sea of Clouds: Treasure of the 7 Moons (original work)

Postby Scissors » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Hm...not bad, but this seems more like an introduction than an actual chapter to me.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:43 pm

It kinda is, I'll be working on Chapter 2 this week.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:55 am

Chapter 2 The Pirate King Crew and what they do
The skyline merchant ship the Tools of the Trade had just passed an imperial checkpoint in the Southern Sea. According to the ship's manifest the ship's cargo consisted of 20 crates of Yellow Moonstones, a kind of moonstone that gives off large amounts of energy, 50 Small Cannons, 50 nobles of Ghido, and 100 slaves. The ship was on it's way back to Ghido after an exotic trip to Quetzal, according to some nobles conversing on the deck it was an exciting adventure. They didn't realize that the ship had stopped for goods while they were touring the Jungles.
Nobles were conversing on the deck about how the trip was and what they did, how they have 5 slaves back in Ghido and how each slave differs. No one noticed the Bella coming up from behind. The Bella began to turn, still no one noticed. Then, a deafening roar was let out as the Bella's cannons fired straight into the engine of the Ghido, though it did not sink into the sky, because of it's secondary engine that keeps it afloat.
The Bella quickly pulled along side it and threw boarding hooks. Comparing the two ships would be like looking at a Pirate ship of old and a cruise ship of today. As the pirate crew began boarding the ship they were met by 3 Ghido soldiers and the captain of the ship. The Soldiers barley had time to blink before they were knocked out by the sky pirates boarding the ship. The pirates made a circle around the passengers on the deck, making as much noise as possible. The pirates were dressed as a normal sky pirate would be, baggy clothes, bandannas, your typical pirate without an eye patch.
The crowd cowered in fear at the pirates, wondering what would happen next. The pirates stood ready to pounce, like a cheetah on a wounded antelope.
"All hail the great pirate king!" A voice from the pirate ship yelled as a plank was set between the two ships. A man wearing a large hat stepped on to the plank as if waiting for applause. He was dressed in a large red overcoat, making it hard to see what else he may be wearing, the coat dressed with many types trinkets over the left breast, the coat having fur on the edges. His large hat moved in the wind with 5 differently colored feathers sticking out of the crown, the hat adorned with the flag of his ship, the white moon shining on a golden treasure box. Live for treasure was the motto the flag represented.
The man himself had short, black, curly hair, his cheek had a scar from his nose to his left ear. He had a stern face and a white eye patch on his left eye. He stood about 6'2" and wore leather boots. He appeared to be around 22 years old. He was followed by a brown haired boy in a green double button coat, the boy having an eye patch over his right eye with a lens on it allowing sight. He looked to be about 14 years old.
The man crossed the plank and stepped on board the Tools of the Trade. "Now, what have we here? This is a good crop, a good crop indeed. Don't ye agree lads?" The man said. His crewmen laughed and made an opening to the people. "Suppose we were the terrible kind of pirate, what do you nobles believe we would do to you?" The crowd was silent. "That's right," he continued "we'd slay the lot of you, but it's your lucky day! We happen to be the pirate king crew, so there won't be any slayin' if'n you cooperate." The nobles began to squirm around whispering to each other.
"Hey!" The man yelled, "shut your traps. Now then, Smitty over there," he said pointing to one of the pirates on the other side of the circle, "has a bag, and I'd like for each of you to put 50 Gad in there." Gad is the currency of this world, and what he was asking actually wasn't a large amount. Smitty began going around the circle bag open as each noble placed 50 Gad in the bag. "Now then," the captain of the pirate vessel said as the bag was being filled, "don't go anywhere while I go check on your slaves and what not." He pointed to 5 pirates and they followed him into the interior of the ship, along with the green coated boy.
"Hey Bro," the boy said, "do we really have to do this? I mean scare the nobles so much if we ask for so little." The boys Brother replied "Now Zeus, you must remember that sometimes nobles will react violently." Zeus looked down, "And why do we have to talk like those other pirates if we can talk just fine?" Zeus' brother stopped and looked at the 5 pirates, "grab 1 crate each, they're at the bottom of the ship." He turned to his little brother. "It is called being in character. You know I'm an actor at heart, but a pirate king first, I have a reputation to uphold." He turned back around, "I'll let you pick which slave we take back, how's that sound Zeus?" Zeus' eye's beamed, "Really Apollo?" He said jumping up and down like a little kid. "Yep, now let's see." Apollo said as he looked at a map on the wall. "Ah here we go," he said pointing at the map "this is the most likely place for them to be holding their slaves. We'll get there and free 1 like always."
The two walked down a number of hallways and finally turned to a door that said Room 309. Apollo opened the 1 way-lock door and inside were 100 people sitting against a wall. "Allright, we're taking 1 of you with us." Apollo said. Every slave in the room jumped up and ran for the door. All of them, except one. A blonde haired girl, still sitting in a corner. She appeared to be the same age as Zeus. She was wearing a black robe with ted trim, she looked as if she had been crying. Zeus walked through the crowd looking around for who he thought would be a good choice. He came out the other side of the crowd and saw the girl sitting in the corner.
He went to her and kneeled down, "Are you alright?" He asked the girl. She looked right into his eyes, he into hers. "I-I'm fine." She said getting up on her feet. Her voice was soft, almost like a bird singing a sweet lullaby to it's hatchling. Zeus stood up and looked into her eyes. They were red, not because she had been crying but because they were red. Like two pools of crimson reflecting his image. "Are you two ready to go yet?" They looked over at the door, their stood Apollo fighting off the slaves. "Come with us." Zeus said to the girl as he pulled her along. They both went through the crowd and came out the other side right in front of Apollo. "Get back to the ship." Apollo said. The two rushed by him as he shut the door and re-locked it.

Return to Literature