Elemental Academy, Chapter 1: It all begins... NOW.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Elemental Academy, Chapter 1: It all begins... NOW.

Postby Acktoo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 am

[Ramona Harlan, 'Assembly Hall']

"There you are," Ramona started as soon as she was within earshot of the older girl, her hands on her hips. "You have my belongings, I hope?" she continued, ignoring any fashion of conversation that her upper-classmate was having (not that there was anyone to have a conversation with...), staying somewhat out of Alice's reach. Just in case. She didn't quite trust the other girl; Ramona did not know her all too well, and her behavior seemed somewhat... volatile, at best.
Too good for you.

Postby Zath » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:03 am

{ James - Goddamn bear! }

James sighed and grabbed the bear as it spoke up. "Come on Alice, that trick's old." He said before tossing the bear at Alice. "Gotta come up with something better to make me jump." He walked up to Cecille and Ashley. "Hello, I am James Wellwood, the darkness teacher." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pocket watch, checking the time before putting it back. "As you two seem to have been well-introduced with each other, shall we be proceeding to class?"

Postby Keiran » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:47 am

Darius watched the student and realized that the girl wouldn’t really need his class. They may be excitable but they have achieved their own centre… Though their self-control needs a bit of work but the self-control could come with age. He smiled numbly, After all, they’re still children.

He looked to Lyte, Impatient, no centre. His control over his power comes too quickly, why? Sacrificing power for control? Or is it forced? Defiantly a candidate. He looked to Johan, Good peace. Insecure. My class would do him good, but not required.

Darius pushed himself off the tree and walked to the school then lifting himself above the roof watching the air students from above.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 pm

{Assembly Hall}

Alice turned, her head lifting as her expression became solidly stoic, staring at James. She caught the bear in one hand, retracting the strings she'd used to move it. "I have no intentions of attempting to cause a fright with my own teacher, Sir." She replied to James, shooing away the bear to hover behind her. "But then, you should have know this... I suppose you just forgot, what with your head having jumped into your pants while talking with Minny." A small, mildly rebellious smirk flashed over her small lips before turning back to Ramona.

"... I dropped your bag outside the doors to the auditorium. Easily where you could have seen, in fact." Her amused expression was shot down as she closed her eyes and lifted a hand to stroke her forehead. "Oh dear... Everyone seems to be losing more of their minds than I have." She just shrugged and began walking over to James to follow him in case he were to start classes soon.
Demon of Elru

Postby GnSz » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 am

Alphonse Frans
Rolling In to Earth Class After Many a Delay... yaaaaaaay :|

Getting lost, getting found, stumbling back and forth, Alphonse finally, after so much damn effort found his way to Earth Class. His horrible sense of direction led the boy in disarray, but thanks to helping and being helped by Urufu Kasai, as well as following a recently injured but surely enough fellow student, he made it! He felt like crying tears of happiness! But of course only inside. He bowed his head a little as he entered behind Chiba, a bit of flush red on his cheeks from the rush of things.

"I'm super sorry fo' being late, I got real lost but I got found an' led here. Hope I didn't hinder the lesson!" Alphonse called out as he hopped in, slumping a little as he caught his breath from all the running and anxiety of just trying to figure out the way around things. He pulled his headphones off and let them rest around his neck, and shook his thick hair about to allow the sweat and such to dry on his scalp.

Catching his breath he looked up at Gideon, and then realized that wow, this guy really fitted his element. And man oh man Alphonse could feel that well, this wasn't a man to try to think twice to defy. Being scrawny as he was, Alphonse felt himself shrink in the giant of the man's presence.

Postby Soul » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 pm

-Mythcaran-

As Hisui stepped up to him a sinister look appeared in his eyes, "Now this is what I mean," he said letting his arms hang down by his side before lifting his right hand and in turn raising Hisui off the ground and keeping her in place. "You won't receive an apology, girl," Mythcaran pulled off his hood and tore off his mask, revealing his long tattered black hair and sharpened teeth, "Instead I'll terrify you." He blew her face with a sharp puff of air before swinging his arm backward as if he were throwing a baseball and in turn launching Hisui head first off the side of the building and falling down towards the ground rapidly.

Mythcaran grinned at Edie for a moment, "Shall we take a bet on how hysterical she is when she comes back up?" He folded his arms again as he stepped to the edge of the building to watch the girl plummet to the ground, ready to stop her the moment her nose touched the first blade of grass.

-Ashley-

"Thats the spirit!" Ashley shouted pulling her hockey mask up and onto her head revealing a smile. "Err, Ashley," she said, a bit taken aback by the sudden interest in her after Cecille's speech. "Yeah I've watched a lot of television and movies in my days at home."

She grew distant at the mention of home, pulling her mask down and turning away until the teacher showed up. "That'd be nice," Ashley said, remaining by herself trapped in thought.

-Victor-

The young man gave his teacher a smirk and leaned on his right leg, "Being a dunce can be fixed with education, but a bad sense in fashion can never be remedied," Victor responded, a biting tone to his words. "A challenge huh? I prefer one over flowers and sunshine which you may be accustomed to," Victor said, insinuating that Adam was a pansy. It was very clear to Victor that the game was now very much on and he wasn't one to give up easily.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:06 pm

-Gideon, Earth Class-

“Good you have arrived.” Gideon said, turning to Takumi and Aphonse as they finally made their way into his classroom. “You are both excused this time, but neither of you should make a habbit of arriving to my class late. You are all to arrive on time every day.” The man gave both latecomers a stern glance and motioned for them to join Harrison. “Now to answer your question, I have found that new students have an easier time learning their element when they have a physical connection to it. An artificial barrier is more a hindrance than you might think. That is why I am having you remove your shoes and socks. The Earth is all around us but many lead lives where it is far removed from their consciousness.” Gideon nodded sagely. “Takumi, Alphonse, you will follow suit. You will not be allowed to wear them while you are in my class Leave them with me and take a seat so we may begin.”

-Huan-Yue, Auditorium-

Huan-Yue couldn’t help but shake her head when Cecille started to break down about the element she had been assigned. She had come all this way only to reject the power that she had been recruited for. It was disgusting. The fire student couldn’t even look her in the eye. Ashley and another student did their best to comfort and reason with her. Unfortunately afterwards Cecille was shouting about being a hero again. She wasn’t sure what was worse. Normally she wouldn’t have been so angry but her own fight in the arena had left a bad taste in her mouth, and it was beginning to rub off on those around her.

It wasn’t long before her own teacher spoke arrived to round up his students and begin classes. He certainly was… odd for a teacher, purposefully forgetting one of his own students, but Huan-Yue didn’t think much of it. She was ready for whatever ‘unique’ training methods he had in store. She approached Mr. Singe as she was called gave a small bow and stepped to the side. She brightened up, at the thought of a challenge. That was what she needed something difficult to push herself to become better. Victor however looked to be ruining things before they even began, already insulting their teacher. Didn’t he learn anything from what happened with Mr. Riftweaver? She glared at the boy with a fire in her eyes. She wanted to begin, not wait for him to get stomped into submission. She wouldn’t mind seeing it happen at this point however,

Postby GnSz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Alphonse Frans
Earth Class Tiem

Alphonse eagerly chucked off his shoes and collected them to leave by Gideon's side, before hopping back beside Harrison. "Well thanks fo' the warning," the boy said while hiding the want to cringe at the stern stare.

He blinked and looked down at his semi-gloved hands, letting out a 'huh' before peeling them off. "Ya said try an' be closer to the earth right? Guess I gotta take these off too. There we go," Alphonse piped up as sat himself down and stuffed the gloves in his other pockets before stuffing his thumbs, his fingers tapping an erratic beat on his thighs.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Rhys looked at Alphonse and said softly, “Hi. I’m Harrison Mason. I prefer Rhys though.” He smiled up at the much taller boy, and stroked the blade of his weapon with one hand, caressing the metal absently as he leaned back onto one palm, his little feet flat to the ground. “What your name?”

Postby GnSz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Alphonse Frans
Earth Class

"The name's Alphonse Frans, but you can call me Al!" The boy smiled and nodded at Rhys, beginning to chat up a storm. "Rhys huh? Pretty sweet name, something I definitely won't forget."

"Oh yeah! Heard that there were matches while I got lost. What 'appened? Seeing you got your weapon out and all you probably had to fight right?" Alphonse went and neatly tucked away his extra wires, wanting to keep his main weapon hidden away.

Postby Keiran » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Rhys looked at Al and shrugged, “I didn’t really watch them, and mine didn’t go so well.” Rhys looked away and shivered, “He fuckin’ paralyzed me, I couldn’t move, couldn’t breathe. I feel filthy.” He rubbed his arm with his left hand and shook his head. “It won’t happen again.” His eyes were hard and he sneered, but not at Al.

Postby GnSz » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:40 pm

Alphonse Frans
Earth Class

"Wow, that sucks dude," Alphonse said with a grimacing look as he looked away, feeling a bit guilty for bringing up a sour topic. But just as quick as it came it disappeared, and the raven-haired boy perked up. "Well what's done's done, an' next time you face him you'll know how to get out of it. More power to ya if you know how to deal with those situations right?"

"So, what's the gameplan coach?" he asked their teacher, chuckling with his peculiarly charming smile.

Postby Ryute » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 am

~Cecille: To Class~

Cecille thought it was cute the way Ashley acted shyly. Suddenly the darkness teacher showed up. Something about his appearance was off, like he would wear any color with any other color and not care. If she was walking down a dark alley he wouldn’t want to be near this guy. Of course if Ashley was wearing her mask in the dark it might be the same thing. “Oh well, looks like it’s just us two in your class huh? Nice to meet you Mr. Wellwood, I’m Cecille! Let’s get this show on the road Ashley!” She said raising her fist in the air in happiness. “I should wait and see how this is, maybe darkness isn’t so bad…” she thought to herself. She couldn’t shake the feeling of worry about being a Dark Hero off of her. Shaking her head as he thought this through in her own little world she wondered how hard it would be to change her class to hero of light.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:07 pm

-Earth Class, Gideon-

Gideon said nothing as Alphonse took off his gloves. It wasn’t strictly necessary but it wouldn’t hurt. “Poison, underhanded as it might be, is something you will need to be wary of. When each of you becomes more skilled it will be something you will be able to deal with however.” It was also something they could use to their own advantage as well should they choose. As soon as Alphonse asked his question, he and his two classmates would find the ground beneath their feet give way. The solid ground beneath their feet all of the sudden wasn’t so solid or so beneath their feet. Each would find themselves plummeting several feet down into the ground onto a bed of soft green moss. The student’s would find the walls of their new surroundings sheer and unclimbable. It would be clear that they would not be escaping anytime soon.

“The first thing you need to learn my students is to be aware of your surroundings.” Gideon’s voice grew loud so that his student’s could hear him deep in their holes in the ground. “You must open your consciousness to the Earth around you and understand it; its composition, its will, its spirit.” There was a slight pause and the man sat down readying himself for the exercise ahead. “Now, please sit and make yourselves comfortable while I lead you through this next exercise.”

Postby Keiran » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:04 pm

“HOLY MOTHERFUCK!” the twelve-year-old yelped as he dropped. Rhys clutched his staff to his chest and looked around wildly, half expecting his father to flow from the shadows. He was like a trapped animal and the feeling only got worse. He froze completely, the only thing running through his head was ‘let. me. out!’. He whimpered and his voice shook as he called up, “Wuh-what do you wuh-ant us to do?”

Postby GnSz » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:42 am

Alphonse Frans
Earth Class

"W-Whoooooooooooo-OMF!" Alphonse yelp became that of a groan, having fallen on his skinny heiny. As he went to examine if his buttcheeks were in check his hand grazed upon the soft moss, having cushioned his fall. He let out a little sound of approval, shifting slightly as he heard their teacher's words. But the other seemed to be panicking, or at the very least, scared.

The boy peered up as well, taking in the situation. Definitely was no way he'd be able to get out, at least not without a crazy stunt or two. And it was a lesson, so, what else could they do besides listen to the hulk of a man, right?

Alphonse criss-crossed his legs and casually leaned back, his back against one of the walls. "Alright, all set!"

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:16 pm

-Earth Class, Gideon-

“Language young one.” Gideon said objecting to Harrison’s swearing. He would have proceeded with the lesson were it not for the panic in the boy’s voice. The Earth teacher rose and stood in full view over the boy’s hole, a look of concern on his face. “I need you to calm yourself Harrison. Take a seat, close your eyes, and breathe deeply. In and out. Be at ease young one, you are perfectly alright.” Gideon gave the boy a minute to get a hold of himself. “I am going to lead the class in an exercise to get in touch with the source of your power. If you are feeling better we will begin when you are ready. ”

Postby Keiran » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Rhys looked up and followed his teacher’s orders, following orders always made things better. Immediately he sat on the moss, shut his eyes tightly and breathed slowly, his head clearing now that he had concrete orders. Slowly he relaxed and his closed eyes loosened. “I’m good, promise not to swear. Hard habit to break,” he said, listening to the man, “I’m ready.”

Postby Zath » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:36 pm

{ James - Let's get going, shall we? }

"Alright then, we'll be off." He stated simply and proceeded to walk off in the direction of his classroom. Once the students reached the classroom they'd see that it was a dark room, with no windows in sight. As he walked inside, he moved to a part of the dark room, then suddenly a candle lit in his hand. He walked to each of the walls, using the candle to light a torch on each wall. The room was well furnished, a large mahogany desk furnished with some odd objects was near one wall, and ornate, cushioned seats were circled around what looked like a large box filled with a black liquid. James stood near the box, waiting for his students to take a seat.

{ Urufu - Sure is taking a while, isn't it? }
((I'm making so that the events that happened in mine and Ginny's big post still happened.))

Urufu walked into the auditorium and noticed Adam talking with some first years. He shrugged and made his way over to them. "I'm guessing these runts are the ones you're gonna be teaching this year?" He said with a smirk, looking over each of the students. "They look physically capable, but do they have tempers that most fire students tend to start with?" He said, trying to adjust his hair to cover the black eye he had, but failing pretty miserably.

Postby Acktoo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 am

[Ramona Harlan, Auditorium]

Ramona made her way back towards the auditorium's entrance, and soon she was again in possession of her... possessions. The first-year turned back towards the building she had left, but stopped for a moment. She didn't have much luck finding what she was seeking in there, as such, Ramona played with the notion of scouting out the Headmaster's office for herself. Or at least Admissions.

The Academy was rather large, but surely there would be some sort of signage to direct her, right? The pink-haired girl could tell that most of the classes were starting just by the number of students left in the Auditorium. It was bad enough that she was late, and if she did not find some sort of school official (or upperclassman) she would be even later. Her suitcase in hand, Ramona headed into the maze of buildings that was the Elemental Academy.

After what seemed like hours upon hours of wandering the school's unrelenting corridors (and taking the directions of nigh-unreadable signs) the first-year spied what she had intended to find. Some sort of office, surely that of the Headmaster's. Without so much of a knock (not enough time to bother), Ramona let herself into the room beyond the door.

Said room was not the Headmaster's office, however. It was actually Gideon Fell's Earth class, and that soon became apparent to the pink-haired intruder as her eyes adjusted to the light.

Uh-oh, Ramona thought. Guess I read those signs wrong... How did I manage to screw that up? she continued in her head, sighing. Speaking up, the first-year apologized, noting that some eyes were upon her. "Sorry for interrupting; I was looking for the Headmaster's office or, maybe, Admissions? Perhaps you could direct me?" she queried, the questions intended for (though not necessarily directed at) the teacher.
Too good for you.

Postby Keiran » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:51 am

“Hello Zalrias,” Darius said formally, “Would you mind if I were to watch your class?” He landed on the roof calmly, staring blankly at the older man.

Postby Ryute » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:40 pm

((Sorry this took so long))

~Cecille: This is a classroom?~

Following the darkness teacher as happy-go-lucky as ever, she found herself in something she felt was clichéd for a darkness classroom. The classroom was as she expected dark, had no windows or any source of natural light. As she saw the teacher light a candle and light primitive torches around the room she said, “Don’t we live in the 21st century? Do you get paid that little that you need torches and can’t spring for a light bulb or two? Hmm…but your taste in furniture is a least somewhat ok, I rank the room a C in terms of taste which is adequate if you don’t actually live in the room.” Cecille then noticed a box that had black liquid, and she felt that this wouldn’t end well but she had to jump into the lion’s den. Taking a seat and still fixated on the fact that there were torches in the room as she stared at one of them and awaited some instructions from the teacher.

Postby DaCrum » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:27 am

[Malachi Lamech: Wand'ring About]

As the crowds dispersed after the fights, the worn, bald man stayed a bit, watching everyone file out of the auditorium to their respective rooms and classes. The former fighter wanted sometime alone. He couldn't fly like those who held sway over the wind, nor swim remarkably or create crystalline sculptures like those who steered the waters, nor create the cyclopean monoliths and great stone structures of those who harnessed the earth; he was burdened with fire. The memory of when he first learned to control fire was burned into his mind; he was so proud, so contentious with it. He violently wrenched fire, his ego reigning terror over reason in his body and mind and soul. He still remembers the look of utter pity Ajax gave him when Malachi graduated from the Academy, the look Malachi mocked and sneered behind the demigod's back.

Taking a moment and bathing in the memories, Malachi leaned against the wall and unceremoniously slouched onto the ground, his hands dancing embers along the wrinkles on his head. He closed his eyes, and continued to contemplate in utter miserable nostalgia. Malachi didn't work with fire, he was not smooth in his action, like an artist molding clay; he was rough and brutish. He pushed and shoved and pulled and yanked on fire, wanting the burning fluid to act the way he wanted. Malachi found one use for this: fighting. For the entertainment of elemental users, for the entertainment of himself, Malachi dug his way into black market rings and back alleyway boxing matches. He had found his calling, it seemed, a fighter, a violent, contentious man in a violent contentious field that could forever feed his ego. He grew powerful, mastering his destructive use of fire, mastering the natural force which shouldn't be mastered. In due time, he would pay for his hubris.

The former fighter, former monk, tired of living in the past, crept up, and wandered off. It was a matter of time, but eventually he would find himself observing the first year Earth students. Malachi's occupation at this acclaimed erudite complex was that of an Arcane teacher; he needed to find his student.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:40 pm

-Gideon Fell, Earth Class-

The Earth teacher’s glare turned to Ramona as she entered his classroom, unsure of where she should be. Coincidentally the student had ended up exactly where she was supposed to be. “Welcome Miss Harlan.” Gideon said greeting her. “You are late, but you have arrived in the right place. My name is Gideon Fell and you have been assigned to my class to be taught the Earth element.” The man nodded. “Now, remove your shoes and socks to that we may begin. Any later and we would have started without you. I will expect you to arrive on time for out next class.”

Postby Zelosse » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:43 pm

-Ajax Riftwalker-

As the twins continued valiantly to try and deal with the constant water heat shifting, often turning to boiling point and then immediatly turning to near-freezing within seconds of the shift in a hope to keep them off-balance and incapable of proceeding. Any injuries they get wouldn't be life-threatening and he stopped before they became afflicted with frostbite or severe burns. On the other side of the pool the two young starters had learned basic merge with the flow of water, but their test was not over yet.

Breaking them from their meditation momentarily he gave instructions to his new students. "Take a deep breathe and sink to the bottom in your meditation, you are not to resubmerge until you have made peace with your water spirits." With that the top of the water around them began to freeze and close in, it did not effect the warmth of the water but instead made it soothingly perfect, tranquil and steady with no waves or flow, just a solid body of water for them to appreciate.

Ajax reflected to this part of the training many times with different students, a few had not mastered their spirit in time and he had to stop their training for close to a week in order for them to gain the appreciation needed to even make contact with the spirit.
Deep inside every water users soul was the ebb and flow of everything around them, an urge to wash over, under or around anything in their path. A need to be unhindered by their surroundings, left unchecked a bit of water could quickly turn to a wave and smash against any obstacle, nothing withstands the passage of time or the persistance of water. What he hoped his students would find was not a material 'spirit' but instead that simple understanding, the pools tranquility was too unnatural, it must move and progress in it's endless cycle forever and it was their job to understand that simple truth.

-Jericho Smith-

Shaking his head he tried to not notice the twins, but he was a man and caught a glance and to his relief were in swimsuits, nothing strange about that. He could concentrate on his job again without any distractions, though he didn't like the looks of what Ajax was putting them through. All of them.

Moving those thoughts out of his mind he concentrated on the task at hand and began to get right back into the state of mind he was in before his unneeded distraction. Addressing his new students he raised his arms to the sky and a pillar of light shimmered to existance to envelope them completely. "Feel it's warmth and see how it illuminates everything, know the feeling that you control it's substance and make it yours. Bring forth your light tower students."

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing