Children of the Grim, OOC, Sign Ups Still Open, OMFG, A POST

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Children of the Grim, OOC

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 am

Well guys I finally got it done for the most part. I know the age is out of the prescribed range but I cleared that with MM already. I'm also quite sure that I need to add to the likes and dislikes list but I'm stumped at the moment and the sheet is mostly complete otherwise so I'm putting it up. I know the history section is long compared to all the others, honestly I don't know how you all did it. MM if you want me to shorten it down even more (yes it was longer than it is now) just let me know and I'll shorten it up some. Anyway, as always let me know what you all think.

CS

Fairy tale: Original Work

Patient Number: TM41

Name: Pearl Schafer

Appearance: The patient is a stout woman standing 5’ 2’’ tall with brown eyes and graying hair. Hair is short and ratty, showing signs of lack of care since and perhaps prior to having been admitted. Patient has a weathered complexion as well as rough and calloused hands and feet. Patient was admitted wearing a plain navy blue dress with worn white apron, simple leather boots, and a wide brimmed straw hat.

Likes: Young children, children’s items, books, farm life, magic.

Dislikes: Floods, rain, drought, unfriendly people.

Disorders: The patient suffers from the following disorders.

*Severe Depression – Initially unresponsive upon admittance, patient shows little interest in self continuation. Prone to long bouts of uncontrollable sobbing. Brought on by loss of child at early age; suspected still birth or miscarriage. Patient refuses to elaborate.

*Ombrophobia – Demonstrates excessive fear of the rain. Exacerbates already existing levels of depression, driving patient to heretics; becomes unresponsive. Patient required sedation in order to prevent self harm. Suggest moving patient to room without windows.

*Delusions /w Accompanying Auditory Hallucinations – Assistant J. introduced several children’s playthings to the patient in attempt to get the patient to communicate further about her lost child. The patient seems to have adopted the toys as a replacement. Verbally communicates with the introduced toys actively mothering them. Patient insists that toys verbally respond to her. Attempts to confront the patient about the toys results in excessive stress and confusion consistent with advanced state of denial. Attempts to remove the toys have been met with aggravated violence. Recommend Assistant J. be returned to probationary duties.

Powers/Abilities:

Animation: The several toys introduced to patient TM41 have become animate, actively participating in her mothering activities. Toys appear to the under the direct control of the patient. Patient shows no awareness of this. Toys exhibit enhanced strength and speed similar to that of young children between the ages of 5-8. Toys appear to act defensively towards the patient and will turn violent if threatened. Toys will cease animation when the patient is rendered unconscious and will not resume animation until the toy is returned to line of sight of the patient. If removed from patient while conscious, toy will cease animation at a distance of roughly 100m. Attempts to get the patient to animate another toy have been unsuccessful even if one has been removed and ceased to animate. It is unknown if the patient is at the limit of her control or needs to accept the toy as her child for animation to begin. Source of animation ability appears to be magical in nature and not psychic although there has been some debate. More extensive studies are recommended.

Known Animate Toys:
Velveteen Rabbit: Stuffed rabbit 12’’ tall and in reasonable condition, dark brown and cream in color.

Nutcracker: Fully poseable wooden nutcracker toy removed from base. Stands 15’’ tall with red jacket black legs and boots, white cap, and clean shaven face. Paint is chipped in places, otherwise in good condition.

Rag Doll: Old rag doll in poor condition. Missing one eye and threadbare in places. Doll has stringy red hair and wears a blue dress with a white apron.

Weapon:

Main Weapon: Long wooden spoon.
Secondary Weapon: N/A

Once upon a time there was a farming village set near the edge of a desert. The village was a troubled one, long plagued by drought and the ever increasing taxes imposed by the ruling nobles. With every passing year the drought became worse causing more and more of the yearly harvest to fail. After long many villagers packed their things and left to make their fortunes elsewhere. Only the stubborn and the determined remained behind. In that village there was an old woman who lived alone in a house on a hill. The woman had lived in the village her whole life and loved it with her whole heart. She wanted nothing more than for the rains of life to return and bring people and prosperity back to her home. She hoped and prayed every day for their return and yet they never did.

One day a traveling peddler covered in heaved cloaks so none could see his face came to town selling his wares. He planted a seemingly simple idea in the head of the old woman. “If the rain will not come, why not bring the rain your self.” He said to her before revealing an old, leather bound, volume of unknown origin. It was a book of great magic he told her. It would help her bring the rain back to the village. She would be a hero, and the town would be prosperous once more. Without so much as a second thought the woman bought the book and took it back to her house. She spent many a day and night, in secret, attempting the spells in the book trying to bring back the rain. Each attempt by the woman was only met with failure, and the more she failed the more she became obsessed with the idea of bringing the rain. She began to shut herself in her house for days at a time performing spells. Soon the townspeople grew fearful of the woman and treated her coldly. The woman grew very lonely but was undeterred.

The woman continued her work for three years buying ever more books when the peddler returned but still the rain never came and the village suffered. She was close to her breaking point. One day, the peddler returned once again and woman went out to meet him like she had done many times before. Not knowing where else to turn the woman poured her heart out to the peddler. She let out all her worry, frustration, and loneliness. The peddler simply smiled and presented the woman with one last pair of books. “These will end your problems.” He told the woman with a glimmer in his eye. The old woman thanked the peddler and returned home. Reading through the first book, the woman discovered that she was incapable of casting the weather spells in the first place. She was devastated. Three years of hard work had been in vein. The other book however yet held the answers. It was full of ancient and powerful magics that she could cast. If the woman could not bring the rain herself, and none of the villagers would help, she would just create someone who could. The woman would fashion herself a daughter of magic, her own little weather witch. All her problems would be over. For three days and two nights the woman worked together powerful magic and this time it she was successful. Her very own daughter was forming right before her eyes, and outside as if a sign from heaven that she had done well it had finally begun to rain. Excited and joyous beyond all reason the woman left her house to gather the townspeople to come witness the birth of her child. By the time she got to the bottom of the hill however the strength of the rain had strengthened until it was pouting down harder than she had ever seen it before. The last thing the woman saw before being washed away by the flood waters, was the roof of her house collapsing in upon itself taking her daughter with it.

Theme: Enigma
Last edited by TheLivingCouch on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Keiran » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:57 am

That's creepy.

Postby Garethcool » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 am

Personally, I like it.

Although Schafer threw me for a loop. It's 3 letters off my last name
Fenix13: Remember this well Gareth: With great power... comes hot bitches.
NOX wrote:Captain's Log - 9/7/2009
Pandora's box was not filled with candy.

Garethcool: I WILL BECOME YOUR MANSLAVE.
Sam4books: That's the plan ;D
Wielder of the Hammer of Myent

Postby Keiran » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:20 am

I didn't say it wasn't good, it's just... creepy.

Postby Garethcool » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:42 am

Keiran wrote:I didn't say it wasn't good, it's just... creepy.

Then the idea I came up with it gonna be really creepy.

I've been listening to 'A Little Piece of Heaven' by Avenged Sevenfold. Idea came forth of a person who carries their lover's corpse around and pretending it speaks. Except the two bodies share one consciousness with two 'personalities' formed by a bit on insanity. If the main body (living) is destroyed both minds are destroyed as well.

Postby Keiran » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 am

That's awesome, I love that song.

Postby sam4books » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:39 am

Personally it's the rag doll bit that creeps me out the most.

Because I owned a rag doll for like seventeen years.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Keiran » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:46 am

Yup, same here. I have had nightmare about getting strangled by a ragdoll.

Postby Villain » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:35 pm

I can just imagine a guard searching through a house and entering the ruined remains of a little girls room. Inspecting it in the darkness with nothing but the flashlight on his gun illuminating where he looks. A thud is heard and he twirls around but sees it's a small bear and thinks that it broke through it's rotted shelf. Looking around again he hears shuffling and frantically twis around and spots the bear a few feet away from where it was, suspiciously and slowly he picks it up and takes a step forward. He slips on the rag doll and collides into a toy chest. From there he squirms and attempts to get put, at first it was only because he had to get back to the group but soon the flashlight on his gun was rolling on the floor and illuminated the three toys as they shuffled over to him; with the hear wielding a knife and having a small malicious grin. The guard let's out a scream and slashing can he heard as the flashlight casts the shadow or it all happenig on the wall like a hand puppet show. Or atleast that's what I thought when I saw what coach's character could control.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Dang people, Pearl is disturbed sure but not straight up evil. I can understand the creepy factor, I just didn't know it came across that strongly.

Postby Keiran » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

It's the ragdoll.

Postby sam4books » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Yes.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Garethcool » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm

I think a sockmonkey would be creepier.

Postby Iris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:18 pm

At least none of the toys are like the toy clown from Poltergiest... Damn did that scare me.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:22 pm

sam4books wrote:Personally it's the rag doll bit that creeps me out the most.

Because I owned a rag doll for like seventeen years.

I think my Doll is more creepier. http://snafurp.wikia.com/wiki/Inaiyah_Zavirone =3

Postby sam4books » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 pm

....Nah. She's actually kind of cute.

THIS thing however...
In passing

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:39 pm

.... O_o Okay.

Postby sam4books » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Yeah, I'm the sort of person who finds things that tip over the edge into uncanny valley frightening. When I see human representations who are cartoons I'm uneffected. When I see human representations that I know aren't human but hit WAAAAAAAY too close to home I freak out. Or when I see an expression on a human representation that I'm not comfortable with.

I'm okay with little girls glaring at me as if they want to kill me. My little sister does that all the time. I also don't care if they have empty looks in there eyes cuz that effect wore off a long time ago due to my knack to watch too many horror movies. But when a little girl holds a knife in her hand while smiling wide, THAT'S when I freak out.

I also freak out when smiling little dollies stare at you from across the room.

*shudders*

Also, her shadow powers remind me of Ami, one of my favorite characters <3
In passing

Postby Villain » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:53 pm

It's the Teddy Bear that makes me jump in fear ever since I thought one of them was snuffing me out while I was sleeping, it turned out it just rolled over my face and I thought afterwards that all Teddy bears are evil monsters. They still scare the shit out of me.
Last edited by Villain on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:00 pm

You see, I don't find dolls or teddy bears or anything like that frightening, but I can understand how they can freak some people out.

I do find the idea of finding creepy faces on inanimate objects frightening, though. When I was young I had this Spice Girl poster that looked like it had this weird creature's face staring at me on it. I even showed it to my parents - they couldn't work out what it was, but they could see the face too. Really creepy.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:02 pm

@Sam. Ooooooh? My Inny can be quite the devilish character.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Quite a few things passed through my mind when I was deciding what toys were going to be following Pearl around. I had pretty much decided from the beginning that I would pick from tales I know of. The rabbit and the nutcracker should be fairly obvious. The rag doll had good old Raggedy Ann for inspiration. A teddy bear crossed my mind but I decided against it since I didn't know any stories with one. Why is it that only now Teddy Bear's Picnic crossed my mind? Neither a clown or a sock puppet crossed my mind though. Creepiness wasn't exactly my goal when making this character.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 pm

=3 Creepiness is good though.

Postby nicomon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 pm

@Doc: are you able to provide a picture?

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:18 pm

nicomon wrote:@Doc: are you able to provide a picture?
Sadly not. I've probably still got that poster around somewhere. but it was packed away in the loft, along with a lot of other things from my childhood. :/
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing