Everafter: Into Night OOC (sign-ups closed)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Everafter: Into Night OOC (sign-ups closed)

Postby Aneri » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:28 am

Idea voted in here

Everafter: Into Night

The island which holds the Everafter Maximum Security Asylum and Home for the Fantastically Traumatized has been for many years an impenetrable fortress, helping rehabilitate many a patient in its time. Aside from that unseemly debacle a while back that led to the overthrow of the Humpty Dumpty regime and ushered in the reign of the good Doctor Crooked. Since then the instrument which they came to call the Big Bad has been reigned in and now has a mutual understanding with the asylum itself. The deal, of course, is sweetened by the entire package being nicely contained far, far away from the rest of the residents of our dear Grimmoire.

And what a place it is that plays host to the Everafter facility. It is practically overflowing with talking amphibians laying claim to some distant royal family, evil stepmothers and their poor and doting step-daughters, and, of course, newly orphaned princesses on a quest to find that one true love. Yes, Grimmoire truly lives up to all of those folk tales and books that it continues to inspire. And the parts of it that don’t? Well, they are expertly dealt with by the ever vigilant Big Bad Wolf and his stomach delivery service, straight from their bed to a well-lit cell in Everafter. There the rehabilitation begins, slowly but surely, with each inmate being tailored a specific fit by the good doctor himself. Many a fairy tale creature has come and gone the better for it. Some of the frogs have even walked out restored to the previous human form!

The many blissful years of co-operation and rehabilitation have been pleasing to the Grimmoire monarchy, the Queen herself speaking frequently and highly of the new head of Everafter. Of course, this was before the Invasion. While mainland Grimmoire was struggling to put up a defensive, the Asylum made its policy of neutrality well known to all parties. The kind of patients they hold, they claim, would be little help to either side. Staying within the fortress of Everafter’s island is the best possible thing for Grimmoire. So the port has been closed, the Asylum fortified, and the war efforts outside have become a memory.

Of course, things are hardly expected to stay that way…

The Game

Congratulations! You are incarcerated!

Wanted for a variety of mental disorders and complications, your inmates have been added to the wonderful family of Everafter. Be they taking steps to embrace the asylum as a home, or violently opposing their “voluntary” imprisonment, your character is in there for better or for worse. They have all been added to the exclusive, all expenses paid M-9 ward. Or, as the nurses call it, “M-niner, nothin’ finer” (with a hint of irony, of course). Complete with fabulous new, comfort-inducing threads for each inmate, wonderfully inviting glass walls to see everything around them while comfortably reminding the inmates that they can’t go past their prisons, these rooms are truly state of the art!

This RP will involve a lot of story and equal amounts of action. After all, the asylum is going to soon be roped into a war sometime very soon. Things are going to move quickly through the plotline, and this will require deep thought into all of your characters and their development as the RP progresses. In order for everyone to get the most out of this RP, I will ask that you limit yourselves, for the time being, to only one character each. Once the RP is under way, those who have shown an ability to handle themselves and their characters in an exemplary manner will be given to option of adding characters to the story.

The “bad guys” are taken care of, in term of having the people necessary to play them. However, if you are approached about making a second character, you can talk with me about the possibility of that character being a foe to the other players. That is entirely up to you.

And now a bit of shop-talk:

I would like to officialy introduce my wonderful co-GMs: Mastermind001 and sam4books!

Because of the nature of this RP, for the most part you will not be expected to be in one large group. The story will evolve based on what each individual wants to do, like a choose-your-own adventure story.

The inmates in the EA comic itself are off limits for characters. In addition to this are a handful of other fairytale characters not introduced in the comic: Pied Piper of Hamlin, Thumbelina, and The Boy Who Cried Wolf and Peter Pan. For the most part, NPCs will be outside of the realm of traditional fairy tales. If you are also reaching out and borrowing something, be it from a movie, book, or something from games or tv, please PM me to make sure there are no conflicts before you finish a CS and I have to tell you that it’s not available.

The fairy tale from which your character comes from can be known or it can be something you yourself made up!

Your posts are expected to be well thought out. Don’t take that to be synonymous with “mini-novel”. Some of the best character developing posts I’ve seen have been a couple of paragraphs, if that. But going back and forth with another player, each of you only contributing a line of dialogue or so, is a thing to avoid.

Know your character’s limitations. Another way of saying: please do not fall into the practice of god-modding, or you will fall right out of this RP. If you want to RP a scene between two characters in private and post it as one post, that is perfectly fine (but be sure to make it clear either in the beginning of the post or in the OOC thread). You will get 3 warnings, and each warning will render the part in your post in which you took control of another character without permission irrelevant.

Location markers are required of everyone. Know where your character is, and make sure other people know it too.

The power levels of your characters should never exceed a character like Red’s. Their potential is a different story. As the RP progresses, you will have a chance to grow as a character, and, therefore, expand the power you had coming in with. These expansions will happen on an individual basis, and I or one of my co-GMs will let you know via PM. Whatever new power you wish to gain will also need to be approved on an individual basis.

Map of the asylum: map'd (courtesy of Endling’s Endzone announcement journal over on DA. For the original, more in-depth description, see here )
The asylum itself, #1, is where all of you will start. The dock, #10, has been discontinued and there is no way in or out of the asylum due to the war going on. #2-5 all show different natural landscapes: forest, moat, canyon and cliff. #6 is the residence and dorms for the workers at the asylum. #7 is the laboratory site, where various experiments are constantly being performed. #8 is, obviously, the wall that guards the island (or vice-versa). And, finally, #9 is the control tower, from which the administrators frequently keep an eye on how the asylum is operating.

Most importantly: Obey the rules! This means the ones that have been listed here, and, of course, the forum rules themselves.

The CS

Treat this part as a medical chart: list the character’s personality as what is shown to the asylum staff themselves rather than what your character is truly like under the surface.

Name:
Race: (anything from human to centaur, to whatever else you think of goes in here)
Appearance: (Here list the appearance in which the character came into the asylum, and how they are currently kept – think of Goldilocks being able to wear her own clothes, as all the characters are staying in rooms like hers. Also list information such as height, weight, eye color, ect. And remember, you don’t’ have to give numbers. You can say “slender” or “tall with a medium build”.)
Personality: (Again, personality on admittance and current personality thanks
to the miracle-working drug cocktail that the character is on.)
Afflictions: (Here list the eccentricities that make your character a candidate for the asylum in the first place. Including what they have previously done during “episodes”.)
Fairy Tale: (This part is well known to the asylum, as it’s composed of what the people who reported the inmate to the asylum in the first place.)
Nurse’s Notes: (Anything else that your character has done since being admitted. This can be the consequences of taking them off their meds or giving them wrong meds, banned items to be brought near them and reasons, and personnel allowed inside their room, i.e. Clearance: All Nursing Staff. Remember, being in the M-9 ward means your character is eccentric and being medicated into normalcy, not Joker crazy and rebellious.)

This part will need to be PMed directly to me, as I’d rather people found this out in the RP itself. Do NOT include it with the CS post in the OOC thread.
Personality: (Here I want to see what made them snap in the first place, what they’re like when they’re off their meds, and how they honestly feel about the asylum. I’d like to get a range of people in that last respect – not all inmates hate the asylum, and not all inmates need to be heavily medicated. Maybe your character simply has a manageable disease, but scared enough people of “polite society” that they reported him (maybe even lied on the reasons why to make him seem more dangerous), and now he finds he likes it here.)
Abilities: (Remember, you are not Red. You are not the queen of the damned who has walked this Earth cursed in a mortal body with the power of summoning tornados and the armies of hell with a single word. You are a fairy tale character of average power that comes by an object or an event which increases the power to the point of being unsafe – and then you go bonkers. So, keep your powers reasonable, your magical objects limited to a weapon and possibly one other object, and your “abilities” to be no more than 3. Keep a spare few in your pockets should your character advance and learn something new that they didn’t know they could do yet.)

FAQ

Important ally and foe character sheets will become available as you meet them.

I will allow several days for CS submission, at most a week. Once we move on from the first chapter of this RP, there will be set times when another character will be able to jump in. I will give advance warning before such times become available. Second characters can only be submitted at such times.

Accepted Characters

Frode Schlemiel - sam4books
Grey Wolfe - BradaoOfCartha
Gideon Delle Morte - Nelo Angelo
Whisker - Fummofu
Jorgen Petersen - Iris
Raven Nevermore - TsunaXionus
Corane Shirod - MQuinny1234
Beast - Keiran
Beauty - Tragedy_and_Comedy
Lady Amalthea - Doctress Who
Happiness Bunny - Mastermind001
Kaguya-hime no Tsuki - Karo
Felix - Musicmac
Headless Horseman - Ro Wong

Important NPCs
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Re: Everafter: Into Night OOC

Postby Keiran » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:36 am

RESERVED, I'll write it once I get home. Can the character be based on the comic Fables?

Postby Aneri » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:53 am

As long as they don't overlap with the currently known Everafter comic characters and the handful I mentioned were off limits, you're more than welcome to use Fables!

Just for future reference, here is the list of characters off limits for the RP along with the small list I mentioned:
Humpty Dumpty, the man with crooked teeth, Little Red Ridinghood (and the Big Bad Wolf), Goldilocks, Hansel, Gretel, Jack Sprat, Jack of Beanstalk fame, Miss Muffet, Rosie and Posie from Ashes, Ashes rhyme, Tom Thumb, Pinnochio and Puss in Boots.

That said, other characters from the same fairytale can be accepted if you modify the tale enough to not include the off-limits character. For example, the gingerbread house witch could be accepted if she was part of a coven that also housed the witch from Hansel and Gretel's tale. She would have to have no affiliation with the children, or know about them at all.
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:08 am

Well, it looks like I get to play as the Shadow Guy after all :D

=======================================================================================

Name: Frode Schlemiel

Race: A human without a shadow (Can also be considered a shadow?)

Appearance:

Personality:

“I was never this pitiful, once.”

Rather gloomy fellow, Frode has obviously lived a life of misfortune, despite once writing stories about the true, the good, and the beautiful. Frode was once an optimistic man described as very clever, but all that changed when all that he had was stolen from him by his own shadow, including his dignity. Now he sees the world in grey, like a shadow ought to, but he is soft spoken about it. A good-hearted learned man, he is exceedingly friendly with everyone he meets, despite the permanent frown that appears on his face. All he asks for is that people listened to his stories.

Storytelling is his passion, it always had been. Whenever he speaks in his gentle, deep voice there always seems to be a sort of emotional power in his tales. And if anyone would lend an ear, he would tell them that he was really a man, and there was a prince who was actually a shadow. No one believes him of course, who would believe a man who claimed to have lost his shadow? Frode does not seem to take notice, and tells people anyways, he seems to think that this account is the only ounce of dignity he has left. That is, the ability to expose his shadow for the fraud that he was.

Afflictions:
Major Depressive Disorder---- Patient seems obsessed with thoughts of worthlessness, inappropriate guilt or regret, helplessness, hopelessness, and self-hatred.
Symptoms of Psychosis---- Patient insists that his shadow has become a human being and that he had escaped execution about being branded a shadow. This may be a made up tale woven after a loss of identity, or a product of neglect.
• At certain points patient will request that you listen to his story. The last time someone listened to his words he became almost hysterical, insisting that he was a man and not a shadow. Had to be contained before he became too physical.
• A record of three suicide attempts since detainment, including strangling himself with his own hands.
• Patient is very thin, almost anorexic. Seems like he could disappear at any second. Will eat if pressed however.
• Has a fading sense of personal identity.

Fairy Tale:
”The Shadow” by Hans Christian Anderson

“Where I come from we have this story…about a man who lost his shadow. Even today I wish such a thing wasn’t possible. For it has brought me great misfortune.”

Frode Schlemiel was born in the northern cold regions who grew up to become a learned man amongst his people. One day, he traveled to the southern, warmer climates so he could explore the foreign land as he had explored his own country. In such a land, he would go out to the balcony and listen to the brilliant drumming of the natives. After a night listening to the beautiful music he imagined that his shadow walked out on the balcony. It was on the next day he swore he found much to his surprise that he was without his shadow. Immediately his mind roamed to the story from his homeland, of a man who lost his shadow, for he knew that this had happened to him also.

Many years passed, and his old shadow had returned, now rich and prosperous. The learned man learned that the shadow had traveled the world and had came back to purchase his freedom. However, this was already granted according to the learned man, for the shadow became free once he left his feet. So, the shadow departed, after telling the learned man of all that he discovered on his travels, all that he knew. Indeed, the shadow had become a man.

Years later still, the shadow returned once again, this time requesting that his former master accompanied him on a journey as his shadow. However, the learn man rejected him, and misfortune soon followed. Everything had went wrong, and the learned man had grown ill, he himself turning into a shriveled shadow-like man as his old shadow grew fat. The shadow came back again, and the learned man went with him. The master had become the shadow, and the shadow the master.

They traveled with one another, and soon arrived at a bathhouse where they met a princess who was sharp-sighted, and could immediately tell the shadow was not human by the fact he cast no shadow of his own. She questioned him, only to have the shadow refer to the learned man as his shadow. Thinking that this had cured her of her sharp-sightedness, the princess then danced with the shadow, and eventually fell in love with him. But since marrying him would mean making him a prince of her country, she thought of a most difficult question to ask him, to which the shadow told her to ask of the learned man, which she did. Pleased to find that this man had such a clever shadow, the princess took the shadow’s hand in marriage.

Before they would travel to the princess’s country, the shadow told the learned man to accompany him once again, only to be refused a second time, this time the learned man refusing to act as his shadow altogether, threatening to tell everyone the truth. To this the shadow calmly uttered, “No one would believe you” much to the learned man’s dismay. And soon, the learned man was locked up. Frode was then forever declared to be a shadow who fancies himself a man.

Frode escaped upon learning of his execution, with the aid of a stranger thief, the thief suggested that the learned man went with him and his gang for he was very clever, but Frode refused, wishing to be alone with himself for the moment. He became a wanderer, doing odd jobs and hitchhiking on trains. He was a wanted criminal, and knew that if he tried to tell anyone his story they would point and laugh, or have him locked up again. Yet he still attempted to tell his tale to those who would lend him an ear. Eventually this led to him being committed to an asylum.

Nurses Notes:
• Clearance: All Nursing Staff - Handle Patient with Care
• Make sure patient takes his antidepressants and antipsychotics daily. Antidepressants: two times a day. Antipsychotics: One time a day.
• Patient is allowed to read books or listen to classical music, as it seems those two combined helps him relax.
• Listen to him whenever he wishes to share something of personal importance, or at least until someone comes to relieve you of him.
• Talking to him is helpful in retaining his sense of personal identity, and is encouraged.

Theme: Oasis – “Cast No Shadow”

Player’s Notes:

• Frode means “learned” or “wise” in Danish.
• Schlemiel is derived from the last name of a character from a story called “Peter Schlemihl's Remarkable Story” about a man who sold his shadow to the devil for a bottomless wallet. It is also derived from a Yiddish word that means a hopelessly incompetent person, a bungler. As a result it can be used as a synonym of one who makes a desperate or silly bargain.
• Frode Schlemiel is based off of a character from Hans Christian Anderson’s ”The Shadow”, a story about a man who lost his shadow, and became misfortunate as a result. There is a couple things changed here and there. For example; the learned man had died of the execution in the story. He also grew another shadow, but I got rid of this for the sake of convenience, and also because I wanted to tie it to “Peter Schlemihl's Remarkable Story”, which was the story that had inspired Hans Christian Anderson to write “The Shadow” in the first place.
Last edited by sam4books on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Musicmac » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:50 am

I can't resist. T^T

Character Sheet

Name : Felix Lazzarino
Age : 35, although his looks make him seem five years younger
Race : Human

Appearance :
Felix stands at a height of six feet one, with a body of medium build that is always standing slightly leaned back. His black hair is short and curvy. A small white scar runs across the lower part of his left cheek, caused by a robber's knife during his travels. His eyes are of a cool gray color and always half-closed due to his medication. He has a clean face since he had recently shaved off his annoying and irritating beard.

The man dresses himself in a black double-breasted jacket with shiny gold buttons, dark pants and a white dress shirt on the inside. There were multiple tears and holes in his clothing when he was first sent to the M-9 ward, but was repaired upon request. A religious man, Felix is never seen without his pocket-sized King James Bible strapped to the side of his belt with a silver chain. Under his clothing, multiple scars, wounds and injuries riddle his skin, helping Felix detail the various important events in his past and reminding him of his, now abandoned, mission to kill all which he deemed deserving .

Personality :
Even after taking medications, Felix remains his own cynical and snarky self although much more relaxed and willing to cooperate with people. The Sicilian priest is still a religious man, praying routinely and right before his meals and sleep. Despite the cold and unwelcoming surface of his personality, he is a joyful and caring person. His views on justice and equality in the world has now changed, believing and convinced that his past actions were unjust. He has even promised himself to do as much good as he can in order to gain forgiveness for the sins in his past.

However, this doesn't really say much about what would happen if he were to stop taking medication.

Afflictions :
Psychopathy - To a certain degree, his vengeful and insecure past self's distorted image on justice and fairness made him a danger to society and himself.

Psychosis - He was once convinced that his son had been taken away by a pack of demons disguised as wolves so that the Devil could see a 'man of God' suffer for his devotion to Christianity. He also hates wolves and liars with a passion, since they are technically what caused his life to crumble and the loss of his son.

Fairy Tale :

The Boy Father Who Cried Wolf

There once was a village somewhere in Sicily, surrounded by beautiful fields of endless green and abundant with delicious game. The villagers were all of Sicilian blood themselves, and worked hard throughout every single day with diligence and thankfulness to the Lord for his blessings. A priest lived in this village, inside the church which he had built with his own efforts and dedication to Christianity. He also had a shepherd son, who tended to the sheep and their growth. His wife on the other hand, sacrificed herself in order to give birth to her child.

Everyone loved the priest for he was a joyful and wise man. Whenever the village had troubles, they would go and ask for his help. His son however, did not receive the same treatment for he was a wild and rebellious youth who loved to play tricks and lie.

"Wolf! Wolf! The Wolf is chasing the sheep!" He would always sing those words when bored and amused himself whenever he saw the villagers and his father running up the hill like fools.

"Don't cry 'wolf', shepherd boy," said the villagers, "when there's no wolf!" They went grumbling back down the hill. The father would be only one left behind to lecture his son for his wrongdoings. He was a caring father, one who wanted his own flesh and blood to grow up into someone who could enjoy life with a healthy body and happy mind.

Days later, the son would sing out again. "Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is chasing the sheep again!" To his naughty delight, he watched the villagers and his father run up the hill like fools to help him drive the wolf away.

When the villagers and his father saw no wolf, the villagers sternly said, "Save your frightened song for when there is really something wrong! Don't cry 'wolf' when there is NO wolf!" His father on the other hand, would again stay behind to lecture him. But the boy just got angry, unsatisfied with how the villagers and his father would not take a joke.

Days later, he saw a real wolf prowling about his flock. Alarmed, he leaped to his feet and sang out as loudly as he could, "Wolf! Wolf!"

But the villagers thought he was trying to fool them again and so they didn't come, leaving the boy at the mercy of a hungry beast.

At sunset, everyone wondered why the shepherd boy had not returned to the village with their sheep. They went up the hill to find the boy. They found him dead, with tears flowing out of his glazed eyes and a pool of dry blood dirtying the grass which his corpse was lying on. The villagers were shocked, for they had not expected the boy to be telling the truth.

Days later, the father returned from an important gathering with other priests in Sicily. He was surprised at first about how gloomy the villagers were when he returned. Finally when it was already too much too bear, an old man walked up to the father and told him about the death of his son. That he had been killed by demons disguised as wolves, and the villagers had been too afraid to help.

In front of his fellow villagers, the man began to weep. Everyone put down their forks and spoons, unable to find anymore appetite for the food they had cooked to celebrate the priest's return to their village. Tears began to flow down their cheeks, overwhelmed by the priest's sadness.

It was the first time they had seen him cry.

From that day on, the priest was forever a different man. The church began to service the villagers less, and the priest would always go to his son's grave to mutter a few hours of prayers for his peace. The villagers accepted that the priest was mourning and would leave him alone in respect. Months later however, it was apparent that the priest was not who he used to be. He smoked, drank and cursed at whoever talked to him. And would often take his carriage to the nearby town for entertainment. The villagers became sad about this change, for it was their fault that caused the boy's death.

All of that changed when the priest learned of the truth. The same old man from before, burdened with a heavy sense of guilt, broke down and confessed to the priest about how his son truly died. This time, the man did not weep. His mind simply drowned itself in rage and anger, causing him to kill the old man. When he came to, he found himself punching at the old man's already dead and swollen face. He stood up, shocked at what he had done. But then he started to laugh at what he had done.

"Haha! Nobody believes a liar...even when he is telling the truth! Ha...! I'll kill the liars and demons. That's right. I'll kill them. I'll kill them all, one by one. Everyone is a demon! Hahaha! I will pass judgment in the name of the Lord himself!" Slowly but surely, he became a vengeful maniac filled with depression and anger.

Surely enough, the villagers all died in a few days. The priest had managed to kill all the liars and was satisfied that he had buried the demons into where they belong. But he was not finished, he would go on and travel away from this place and move to the next town. There, he would find more liars and demons to kill. And maybe one day, he would manage to find the wolf that had dared to kidnap his son...

THE END.

The priest himself went on a bloody path of serial killing, sending a death sentence to anyone he deemed deserving. A year later however, he was finally captured in Parma, Italy, where he had attempted to murder a pizzeria owner who lied that the cheese he used were from an old and traditional cheese farm, when they were actually from a supermarket. When the priest had been confirmed to be crazy and full of mental issues, he was sent to the asylum for treatment.

Nurse’s Notes :
- Clearance : All Nursing Staff - Handle Patient with Care, and Honesty
- The patient now relies less on drugs and medications as compared to before, but is still considered dangerous.
- Do not let the patient have any access to any firearms or weaponry.
- Patient has been known to pray routinely, do not disturb him when he is doing so.
- Patient will attempt to make conversation with a staff member from time to time. Do not lie to the patient, he has been known to kill if you do so.
- Patient has requested to be given his food at the times of 8 in the morning, 12 in the afternoon and 7 in the evening. Follow his schedule, he feels more comfortable when you do so.
- Do not mention about his son or wolves in front of the patient, he may get angry or depressed if you do so.

Theme Song :
Outpost Sunset and Nightmare (Again) by Trocadero
Last edited by Musicmac on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Listen.

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 am

sam4books wrote:RESERVED.

Well, it looks like I get to play as the Shadow Guy after all :D

That guy we talked about?

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Yup :3
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:03 pm

I forget really... He was kinda... melancholic, wasn't he?

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Yeah, Major Depressive Disorder is one of his Afflictions.
In passing

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Oh yeah. :B Anyway. I seriously need to get CS-functional again. TO THE GRIM! Wait.. wrong thread. <_<

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:40 pm

CS done.
In passing

Postby Aneri » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Remember to PM me the real personality and powers and not display them publicly I'd rather the other players found out that information through interaction!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Name: Grey Wolfe
Race: Wolf
Appearance: A skinny grey wolf, stands on his hind legs. His fur is sleek, spiky, and mid-length. His Teeth are ivory white, his eyes Blue-grey. His front paws are very large.
Personality: No longer thinks about his next meal, always feeling full. He is very cunning but has recently just been lazy. He feels that he doesn't need to be there anymore. Results to actually making himself appear like someone, or something else to try to get close enough to his prey to devour them. Greedy enough to swallow whole his meals. He believes himself to be reformed enough to leave the Asylum.
Afflictions: Has an Extreme hunger that causes him to eat anything meat related within sight.
Fairy Tale: Three little pigs, the Wolf and the 7 brothers.
Nurse’s Notes: He hasn't eaten a large meal in quite a while. The last time he went hunger-mad someone put the wrong medication is his food. He ended up escaping and eating 3 staff members before being retained. Since then his food was reduced to tofu, and there hasn't been a single mistake in his medication.

Theme song: http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=jvqCkbP19Yw
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Nelo Angelo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Name: Gideon Delle Morte

Race: demon/elf hybrid.

Appearance: Gideon came into the Asylum wearing a loose fitting gray long sleeved shirt with a low fitting color, baggy pants, gray a well, and no shoes. Now, Gideon wears the same cloths, accept they are in ruins now, rags that barley resemble cloths anymore. Gideon always had a pale complexion, but due to lack of sun, being stuck in the Asylum for three long years, he is even paler then before, his veins visible under his skin. Due to his elven blood, Gideon is tall, lean, and extremely agile, and due to his demonic blood, has many muscles, and incredibly strong. He has back length silvery-white hair, pure black eyes, and thin markings that run down from beneath his eyes to the bottom of his chin, making it appear as if he is crying. His nails, both his toe and finger nails, are long and pointed, and his teeth are razor sharp.

Personality: When Gideon was first born, up to the point where he met Carla, Gideon was a violent killing machine that cared about nothing but the kill. He followed orders, killed, and then rebelled, killing whatever he felt like. Then, after meeting Carla, he only felt the need to protect her, do anything for her. He focused less on the kill, and more on making Carla happy. Now, separated from her, and heavily medicated, Gideon feels nothing but sorrow. He is quite, thoughtful, and pretty much depressed out of his mind.

Afflictions: Being what he is. Gideon did terrible things before he met Carla, committed terrifying crimes, killed many. And so, even after he stopped, killing only to protect Carla, he was hunted down, and subdued.

Fairy Tale: It is said that thousands of years ago, there was a war between humans and mythical creatures. The humans had wanted everything for themselves, and battled for control of everything. On the brink of loosing the war, the magical creatures came up with an idea: breed a creature from two of the most powerful races in existence: the elves, and the demons. And so, Gideon was born. Half Elf, Half Demon, Gideon was sent out and turned the tables in the war. The power he had was to much for the humans, and so a truce was forced, and Gideon was sealed away, deemed to dangerous to allow to roam free. However, Gideon escaped, and roamed the land for years, killing anything in his path. The legend then states that one day, Gideon was injured near death some how, and was found by a young human girl named Carla. Carla treated Gideon until he was fully recovered. Gideon felt something towards this girl that he had never felt before: Gratitude. The girl, who was an orphan, had saved him, and so he began to raise her as his own. And so, Gideon, the raging beast of death, had been tamed by a young girl. But then a group of soldiers found them, and were somehow able to subdue Gideon, and initiated him into the asylum. The worst part about it was that they had separated him from Carla.

Nurse’s Notes: Keep weapons of all kind away from Patient. They can be used by the patient with dangerous intent, even while on medication.

NEVER take patient off medication. Will get extremely violent, and begin shouting one thing over and over again: Carla.

Clearance: All Nursing Staff - handle with extreme care and caution.
Last edited by Nelo Angelo on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Karo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 pm

I am still welcome to use Kaguya, correct Aneri?
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:45 pm

CS

Name: Lady Amalthea
[Note: This is the name the patient refers herself to. Real name unknown.]

Age: Unknown. Appearance of a young girl aged approximately 17.

Race: Appears Human, allegedly Unicorn in origin.

Appearance:
Amalthea arrived at the asylum completely naked, with nothing but a blue magician’s cloak to cover her pale white form – a cloak the nurses allowed her to keep, because it upset her too much to have it taken away. She is a tall, slender young girl of light build, with the body of a seventeen year old, and flawless skin that is the palest of whites. She looks and appears delicate, to the point of being fragile, physically weak and easy to damage. Long loose flowing white hair reaches down to her knees, and on her forehead she bears a strange large scar or birth mark in the shape of a star – often this is half hidden by her hair, but still clearly visible. Her eyes are big, bright and as deep as the ocean. Her eyes are violet in colour, although under certain lights this may change to deep blue or bright purple.

Currently she dresses in clothes fit for nobility; long flowing dresses in fine material, often pale lavender or grey in colour. The dresses are often long sleeved and reach down to her ankles or beyond, and are cut in a way which comes just above her bust, leaving her shoulders uncovered. The dresses are laced at the front with fine white lacing around the low-cut neck line. Wears nothing on her feet, preferring to walk barefoot. Patient refuses to wear shoes altogether, and wears no jewellery or other accessories.

Personality:
“Once, I can't remember,
I was, long ago, someone strange,
I was innocent and wise
And full of pain.”

When she first arrived at the asylum, Lady Amalthea was listless and constantly weeping to the point of making herself physically sick. She took every opportunity she could to harm and hurt herself, attempt to kill herself or otherwise escape, and screamed and panicked, lashing out violently when people approached her or tried to touch her. Highly emotional and highly distraught, it took a lot to calm her down.

Now on her meds, most days Amalthea is a more positive person, always trying to think optimistically. However, she is still prone to bouts of melancholy and frustration. She is a lonely person, often aloof and wary of people, but longing for company and companionship. She is a person full of regrets and longing, and yet she can’t remember what it is she is regretting and longing for. She is dreamy-eyed, pensive and quiet, often feeling empty, like she is missing something, searching and reaching out for something she can’t quite reach.

She loves to love, and is a very affectionate and kind person, once you get past her initial coldness and distant personality. She comes across as very innocent and childlike, and yet can also be very bitter, with flashes of arrogance or contempt for individuals and humanity, despite ‘being human’ herself.
Generally however, she is a calm if fragile creature, who enjoys the small, peaceful and beautiful things in life. She is a great lover of nature and animals and all things wild and free, and dreams of running barefoot though fields and dancing through forests. She also has a fondness for magic, but scoffs at games and riddles, and silly things people come up with which she sees as trivial. A very nostalgic person, what she can remember of her past, she clings onto like a leech – and will often remember the magician that had taken her in and speak of him with fondness, as with the other friends from her past.

Afflictions:
You lost her! You trapped her in a human body! She’ll go mad!

* Depression/Suicidal tendencies

* Claims to be ‘always dreaming’ – even when awake. Sometimes has trouble believing herself or the world around her, convinced she is in a dream she can not wake from.

*Psychological trauma

* Amnesia, and Situation-specific psychogenic amnesia – patient can’t remember her past very well, does not know her real name or how old she is. Sometimes (depending on her state of mind) seems to forget whether she’s human or not. Forgetfulness and general absent-mindedness is also common with this patient. Can sometimes forget a name or a face temporarily, but often she will recall it moments later.

* Identity disorder/Dissociative personality disorder/delusional – patient unpredictably switches between two identities/states of mind…Although, often confused herself by which ‘Amalthea’ is the real one, she will often tend to remain somewhere in the middle of these two states, completely confused and upset by the idea that she does not know who she is.
In one state (currently the more ‘dominant’ personality), Amalthea sees herself as an ordinary human, and denies all suggestion that she could be or was a unicorn at any point in her life. In this state, she will either deny all existence of her ‘unicorn’ identity, or believes that it is just a part of her ailment, a part of her that she wants to be rid of/cured of.
In her other state, however, this changes completely. Amalthea claims to be a unicorn, the last unicorn in the world. She becomes convinced that she is a unicorn trapped in the body of a human girl, and claims that she must free the unicorns who she believes are trapped in the sea. She seems to become terrified and disgusted by her own human body and indeed other human beings, often resulting in severe stress and anxiety, self-harming, harming others around her and panic attacks. Patient has made several escape attempts and injured staff trying to restrain her, on the rare occasion that this personality becomes dominant. Will sometimes become so distressed that she would tear her own body to pieces if left to her own devices. When reverting back to ‘normal’ she seems to have either no recollection of the episode, or, once again, she believes she acted that way because she is ill, and that person ‘was not her’…although often she remains uncertain of herself, and may still question if that ‘other side’ to her was true or not.

Sometimes she may display animal-like traits, such as crawling on her hands and knees, moving like an animal or horse would, and whinnying, all of which she seems to do subconsciously when it does occur.
* Pyrophobia – fear of fire.

* Is both fascinated and terrified of the sea, to an unhealthy degree. If near the sea, she will stand and look at it for hours on end. If the sea is not visible, she will then stand and stare in whichever direction she believes the sea to be in, as if she can see it.

*Nightmares and nightmarish visions/hallucinations/flashbacks – these are frequent, often involving things from her alleged past - the Red Bull and/or unicorns, people she has met or events that had supposedly happened to her, sometimes her lost love, Lír.

* Schizophrenia – Added to the hallucinations, and delusions over her identity and purpose, Amalthea interacts with characters only she can see/hear. Often when it appears she is talking with herself, she is actually talking to one of these beings. These are usually characters she supposedly met during her earlier travels/adventures.
    The Silly Butterfly
    A talking blue and purple male butterfly dressed in blue and purple clothes, and donning a hat, white scarf and goggles, often changing into different types of hat and glasses/goggles depending on what the butterfly is talking about. The Butterfly is for the most part harmless, animatedly spouting nonsensical phrases and references, much to Amalthea’s chagrin. She often seeks out its advice and counsel, and occasionally somewhere in his ramblings, the butterfly will help her, although rarely will he give her any useful information.

The old Sea Cat
    An old talking cat with the characteristics of a pirate. Has long-haired black and white fur, with a bushy tail and white fur under the chin like a beard. Has one yellow eye, the other eye covered by a red eye patch, and one of it’s front legs is missing, replaced instead with a miniature wooden peg leg. Also has a large silver loop earring in the ear on the opposite side from the eye patch. Speaks like a pirate too, and seems rather androgynous, although is most likely male.
    Although the cat is as friendly towards Amalthea as the butterfly, the cat is more likely to talk sense. Although like the butterfly, it has been known to speak in riddles, and rarely gives an entirely straight answer. The cat can steer Amalthea in one direction or another, and encourage her to take actions she might not have taken otherwise. However, for the most part it (so far) seems to be harmless. The danger is that the cat seems to favour the idea of the Lady Amalthea being a unicorn, rather than a human, and will encourage her to think of herself in that way – however, the cat tends to be quite down to earth and affectionate, and will not intentionally try to upset the girl.

The Laughing Skull
    This character is rarely seen, but it does exist, and Amalthea hates it. It is merely a drunk skeleton, with a small spiked metal crown upon it’s head. It can’t stand up straight, and often stays in one place, lazily lying sprawled on a surface somewhere and drinking from a wine bottle or glass. Although not entirely malevolent in nature, it is a pest and a menace. It is self-centered and cares only for drinks and entertainment. Often it will laugh, mock and ridicule Amalthea, rarely taking anything seriously. The skull tends to be quite foolish and dim-witted, but can demonstrate intelligence at times. The skull also seems to be subject to amnesia upon most visits, often forgetting he’s met Amalthea before…which is just as well. When the skull thinks he remembers who she is, he suddenly turns malevolent. Its eye sockets glow red, and it screams at Amalthea, accusing her of being a unicorn. Often this will affect Lady Amalthea greatly and sometimes set her off, reacting violently as a result of the Skull’s curses, threats, and accusations.

Fairy Tale: “The Last Unicorn”

When the last eagle flies, over the last crumbling mountain,
And the last lion roars, at the last dusty fountain,
In the shadow of the forest, though she may be old and worn;
They will stare unbelieving, at the last unicorn.

When the first breath of winter, through the flowers is icing,
And you look to the north, and a pale moon is rising,
And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn;
In the distance hear the laughter, of the last unicorn:

“I'm alive! I'm alive…!”

When the last moon is cast, over the last star of morning,
And the future has passed, without even a last, desperate warning,
Then look into the sky where through, the clouds a path is torn;
Look and see her how she sparkles, it's the last unicorn…

“I'm alive! I'm alive…!”

According to Schmendrick the magician (that had brought her in)*, and the patient herself, the Lady Amalthea was once an immortal unicorn that lived in her own enchanted forest, and the last of her kind. The Unicorn, concerned with the idea that she could be the last Unicorn in existence, set out on a quest to find out what had happened to the rest of her kin. She first encountered a talking butterfly, who spoke in nonsense, riddles and songs to her. The butterfly told her that the unicorns had been chased away to a far away land by a fearsome creature known as the Red Bull…a monstrous fire elemental with the horns of an Ox. Fearing for the other unicorns, the last Unicorn decided to leave the comfort and safety of her forest to find out where the Red Bull had taken them.

The unicorn journeyed far and wide in search of her people, through all weathers and all seasons. She did not have to fear being hunted, for any human seeing a unicorn would, in their narrow-mindedness not realise she was a unicorn, and see only a white mare. Only those who searched for unicorns or believed in them enough would see her for what she truly was. Among the many things and people she encountered, two people joined her on her quest: a bumbling incompetent magician called Schmendrick, and a bandit’s wife, Molly Grue.

As the trio began to near the seaside castle of King Haggard, supposed keeper of the Red Bull, they were attacked by the bull. The Unicorn ran, but was unable to escape. In an effort to aid her, Schmendrick unwittingly turned the Unicorn into a young human female. Confused by the change, the Red Bull gave up the pursuit and disappeared.

In this new human form, it meant the Unicorn could keep her real identity secret from King Haggard and the Red Bull. Taking on the name of ‘Lady Amalthea’, the unicorn-turned-human was accepted into King Haggard’s castle, along with her two friends. Serving Haggard in his court, whilst trying to find out where the other unicorns were kept. During their stay there, Haggard’s adoptive son, Prince Lír, tried to win the affections of the Lady Amalthea, and eventually the two fell in love with each other.

King Haggard eventually revealed to Amalthea that the unicorns were trapped in the sea for his own amusement, because the unicorns are the only things that made him happy. He then openly accused Amalthea of coming to his kingdom to save the unicorns, saying that he knew who she really was. However, Amalthea had seemingly forgotten about her true nature and her desire to save the other unicorns. It seemed her human form had made her forget her true identity. For when Schmendrick and Molly finally found the secret passage that would lead them to the Red Bull, Lady Amalthea wanted nothing more than to marry Prince Lír and live Happily Ever After, forgetting all about the unicorns for the sake of mortal love.

However, Lady Amalthea never found her happy ending. Whilst in the Red Bull’s Lair, she struggled with the decision to abandon her quest and stay with Lír, or to rescue the unicorns and never love again (for unicorns know nothing of mortal love or regret). But the Red Bull found her and, no longer deceived by Amalthea’s human form, chased after her. In an attempt to assist her escape, Schmendrick managed to finally turn Amalthea back into the Unicorn, but she was unwilling to leave Lír's side. The Bull drove her toward the ocean, just as he earlier drove all the other unicorns, but she managed to run away and the bull gave chase once more. Trying to save Amalthea, Lír got between them and blocked the bull's path…however, it came at a cost. Prince Lír was killed.

Overcome with fear and grief, and remembering what it was like in her human form to love, the last unicorn fled, and as she struggled with her emotions and who she was, her unicorn form reverted back to Lady Amalthea once more.
When Schmendrick the magician managed to find her again, Amalthea was in a terrible state. She did not know herself anymore, and she had lost all she had loved.

With a heavy heart, Schmendrick realised he could not change her permanently back into a unicorn whilst Amalthea did not know if that was her true form. However, he managed to prevent her from committing suicide, wrapped her up in his cloak and left her in the care of the Everafter asylum, hoping that they could do something for her.

*Account may or may not be true. It could be possible that the magician that brought her in was falsely delusional with the idea of the patient being so called ‘unicorn’. Arguably the patient does display some traits which would back up this story; however there is no solid evidence to prove this account is completely correct, nor indeed true. None of the other characters mentioned have been able to be located/willing to confirm the story, however King Haggard’s castle does exist.

Nurse’s Notes:
- Clearance: All Nursing Staff.
- Maximum of 2 people in her cell at any one time. Must not crowd her.
- Dietary requirements: Vegetarian. Do not give her any meat or dead animal; it upsets her.
- Let the patient keep the magician’s cloak she has with her. Do not remove it from her, not even to wash it.
- Patient may need reminders or assistance with clothing herself. Patient has a habit of walking around completely naked if not prompted to dress herself.
- Tact is advised when the patient asks about anything relating to her identity or her past. If unsure of the correct response, avoid answering and divert her attention to something else.
- Keep methods of restraint on hand at all times, but only use it as a last resort. Being restrained causes patient great levels of stress, sometimes only worsening her condition. Forms of restraint should only be administered if there are no other alternatives to subduing the patient. Giving comfort to the patient through words or gentle actions is on average effective enough.
- Nurses must be vigilant at all times when handling this patient. If patient shows any of the following symptoms, sedate her.
    * Eyes appear so deep that you can not see your reflection in them, and instead see ‘something else’ behind them.
    *Severe headaches, sensitivity around the mark on her forehead, patient constantly touching it.
    *High levels of distress to the extent that it is deemed the patient is a danger to herself or others.
    *If patient shows any indication that she is convinced she is a unicorn. Often will scream words to the effect of ‘I am a unicorn’, although this is not a consistent trait. Nurses should use their better judgement as to whether her conviction of being a unicorn is great enough for need of supplementary medication. Uncertainty over whether she is a unicorn or not poses little threat, but nurses must remain vigilant in case this turns into certainty.

Theme Song:
“The Last Unicorn”
And
“Now That I’m A Woman”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player’s Notes:
- ‘The Last Unicorn’ is in reference to the book, the film and the song all sharing the same name.
- Changes were made to the ‘ending’ of the fairy tale, if only to make it less of a happy ending, and explain Lady Amalthea’s condition.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Name: Happiness Bunny
Race: Human
Appearance:

A human male with blond hair and blue eyes, who dresses like a thug. However, on top of his head, he wears bunny ears, yellow bunny ears. Tattooed on his fingers, are the words, "Rage" and "Cool". On his forearm are black spirals. A black crescent moon is tattooed on his back while on his right shoulder is a flaming purple skull with bat wings attached, chuckling.

The thug clothing mentioned earlier is exactly, a short sleeve black dress shirt with a white vertical line on his left side. Baggy brown pants is his pant of choice with a silver chain sticking out on the back pocket . Sneakers are black with white laces. On those tattooed fingers of his are golden rings, which are on both his pinkies, middle fingers, index fingers, and thumbs. On his person is a pair of lime green shades.

Personality: On the meds, Haps, is docile, cheerful in fact, but in a very plain way. In this state, he's calm enough to know this is unnatural of he normal acts. Smoking and Alcohol is painful to drink yet alone be in his system. He spends his days laying on the ground staring at the sky or ceiling, waiting for this to end. Well the effects of the drugs to wear off.

Afflictions:
    -Wears Bunny Ears Constantly-
    -Violent
    -Alcoholic
    -Masochist
    -Sadist
    -smoking addiction
    -Believes he's from another world

Fairy Tale: Happiness Bunny

Made by a boy in a far off country with his sweat and blood, he called it the Happiness Bunny but only told it his sadness. Back then, the Happiness Bunny refused to believe in a world of suffering, and when he was sent to a shop to be sold, he decided to prove his creator wrong by bringing the happiness, his creator could not receive. The Happiness Bunny waited and waited on his little shelf in front of the window of the shop while thinking how wrong his creator is, Of course, his only proof to these “lies” that his creator told him were the people that pass by the shop’s window. One day, on a bright and sunny morning, a little girl with rose colored hair noticed him, The Happiness Bunny through the toy shop window, while holding onto her amber colored hair mother’s hand.
Her bright light red lipped smiled deeply at him, The Happiness Bunny as he thought “See I told you, you were wrong my creator.” In the next minute, he was brought and carried home by the little girl. For awhile there was peace with the red haired little girl and her amber brown mother that was until the deviled child entered into the household. The deviled child tormented the amber haired mother with his extreme rudeness and sexist opinions, of course that wasn’t the straw that broke the camel‘s back, it was the deviled child’s consumption of her strawberry cake that took her over the edge.

Her anger was vast and she needed to vent it somehow, unlucky was The Happiness Bunny as he was the closes thing nearby. That is how hell came to be for the happiness bunny and more hell descended upon him as eventually the red haired little girl joined in the abuse thanks to the deviled child’s girlfriend. Day after Day, the Happiness Bunny’s torment continued until the night of a red moon, when he finally gets animated and grows some balls. It this night that the mother and daughter learned, play time is fun and all, but when you treat someone like shit, don’t expect that you won’t get treated like shit back. In the morning of that night, they awoke with a fright as a lesson was learned and a lesson they won’t ever break as they look at the Happiness Bunny with fear as his comments of “I’m a mother fucking BUNNY!!!” Will never leave their minds.

Nurse’s Notes:

-Banned Items Include: Booze in all forms, Cigerattes, and cigars.

-Injured several male staff members. List of injuries include broken jaws, ribs,and bones, dislocated collars, shoulders, and knees, missing teeth and lots of bleeding.

-Has made several attempts to escape thus as a result sedatives and experimental B4D-455

-Requires a constant sedative

-Medication is the newly tested B4D-455, suppose to keep Haps fatigue, prevent further consumption of alcohol and cigarettes, and prevent use of his "supernatural" abilities.

Theme Song: "Undestructible" by Gogol Bordello.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Keiran » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Can I be Beast from Beauty and the Beast?

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Wait...

Can I join this to?
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby sam4books » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:13 pm

But of course you can :D

JOIN US FUMMO.
In passing

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm excited. Very excited.

*Working on character*
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:37 pm

FUMMO :D
Blimey, didn't expect to see you here!
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Aneri » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Karo, of course you are!
Keiran, Beauty and the Best is entirely fair game!
And welcome Fummo, as well as everyone else I haven't met before! My, how the forum has changed :3

Also, for an example of a wonderful CS, look to sam4books's character. The way she presented Frode is what I had in mind when I created the template.

Postby BG07 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm

I think I might have to make up a character for this one as well. The semester just ended for me yesterday, so I'll probably be having a lot more free time on my hands for a while now.

Postby Fummoffu » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Name: Whisker
Race: Cat

Appearance: He stands about 3 feet tall and is slightly chubby (though he is incredibly Dexterous). He has Grey mixed with light purple colored furr. Three dark purple semi-circles that half rap around his torso. His right ear is always bent and the other always straight as if on constant alert. He has large eyes with narrow yellow pupils that sparkle.
He wears a tattered small grey cape, a belt with a dagger sheath and an adventurer's hat.

Personality: Used to be a very courageous, kind hearted and humorous creature, but since his affliction he has gone through a series of moods. Anger, sorrow and joy. He frequently snaps in and out of these three moods which forces him to express himself, whichever mood is in control. The patient has said on numorous occasions that he hears voices in his head that fit each of the three moods or tones. But thanks to 4 months of medication, we were able to silence these voices and revert him back to his former self. Though the odd random outburst still occurs.

Afflictions: The patient seems to be suffering from a serious case of Schizophrenia which causes him to switch from mood to mood. These 'voices' that he speaks of have an overwhelming power over his mind and force him to act out. We believe it is far more serious than a mental illness. He could actually be cursed. These voices could be spirits that have locked themselves inside his mind and are fighting over control of the poor thing.
The patient also suffers from an hygenic Obsessive-compulsive disorder. The patient constantly feels the need to be clean and will do so himself...as cats do (and often at Inappropriate times)

Fairy Tale: The tale of Whisker is one that is well known, but there are no other records of his deeds apart from this. According to the tale, Whisker is a traveling hero who wields a blunderbuss and a mysterious blue shimmering dagger. The tale tells the story of how he thwarted the diabolical plans of an evil scientist who had kidnapped children from the surrounding villages in order to turn them into blood thirsty zombies. Whisker was last seem traversing through the Forgotten Marshland, which used to be an ancient cemetary. Something happened to him during his journey through the marshes and this resulted in his current Incarcerated in the asylum. The fabled cat ,who entered the asylum, was not the same cat that was from the tale.

Nurse’s Notes:

The patient can never go without his medication. Ever! Failure to medicate him would result in a serious and dangerous relapse.

Anger: The patient would sit, crossed legged, staring at the wall for hours with a hate fueled glare, but always seemed to control his random temper, but barely.

Sorrow: The patient was found many times lying on the floor and curled up in a pool of his own tears.

Joy: The patient expressed this random mood by singing at the top of his voice and cheerfully dancing around his room. (We wish he could be like this more often)

The patient has shown incredible signs of improvement, but without constant medication to drown the voices in his mind, he would surely lose it. This is why he can't leave. He has a far worse condition than we realised and sadly pills can't solve his problem.
Last edited by Fummoffu on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Role Playing