LI Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Lunatic Inc. OOC:Sign-ups temporarily re-open

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Okay, how about a metalmancing werewolf?
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:04 pm

hmm...about how this guy.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/392 ... 1905_o.jpg

Basically a flying, clawed, poisonous, mind-broken, monster.

Also, remember him Doc?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm not sure...he seems familiar but I can't place where.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:08 pm

heh heh hee...He's from a very, very old RP.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Oh, well if he's that old, I probably don't know him then.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh no, you know him. So does Trag.

Edit: Oh no...bummer, that was before your time...shame really. Well, Trag would be the only RPer that knows him, apart from maybe Jas.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Well I'm sure he's awesome.
Get working on the CS so we can see him :)
Time Lady

Postby TheMaddness » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:55 pm

How About a woodchuck? his power can be throwing wood.

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Wait...
what?
Time Lady

Postby Akaine » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Hmm seriously Slip needs to come back :<

And yeah, any help would be most appreciated, Sam <3 I keep trying to think of something. And I'm super sick right now, so my brain's on 'freeze' mode. White screen of death, for reals.

Hmm, what year, Quinn?
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:03 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Okay, I'm sick of seeing all this hype about this RP in various topics and not understanding it.

What do I need to join.

Huh? what do you mean, where are these various topics?
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Mastermind001 wrote:Huh? what do you mean, where are these various topics?

Well for one, me and Sam have a our own inside joke in the "What does the the avatar above yours remind you of?" thread in spam. :3

[Psst, Sam: CHARLES :D]

Plus I think Lunatic's been mentioned in various other RP threads, and stuff.
Word gets around...
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Doctress Who wrote:[Psst, Sam: CHARLES :D]

Got it.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:30 am

TheMaddness wrote:How About a woodchuck? his power can be throwing wood.

...No comment.

Okay, no time to properly edit but take a look and tell me what you think and i'll adjust him later:

Name: Maxwell Willis

Acclaimed with the titles: The immortal werewolf

Race: Lycanthrope
Magical focus: Metal

Appearance: Willis is a tall man standing at 193 cm with short vibrant platinum-blond hair and clear sapphire eyes. His is handsome in nature and youthful in the eyes of onlookers. Maxwell sports a well chiselled body with broad shoulders and muscled arms. He tends to dress in dull yellow overalls the top of which he always leaves unzipped and unworn allowing the upper body’s segment to hang from his waist and around his thighs. To cover his torso he wears a loose-fitting blue t-shirt. On his hands he bears thick yellow gloves while on his head rests a yellow bandana. Finally around his neck are his old relics from the elemental wars, in which he participated as a soldier, his dog tags.

Main Weapons: Anything from a Jackhammer to Air-to-air missiles. Secondary equipment consists of ritual materials and weapon making tools.

Main battle Spells:

-Stigma of Hephaestus: An ancient magic that was etched on Willis’ bare skin since birth by his family. The age-old mark renders Willis completely impervious to all things metal, enchanted or not; bullets will bounce off his skin, metal hammers will bend on contact and iron weights will be weightless. The stigma also gives Willis the ability to instantly convert his immense magical aura to metal at anytime and amount he chooses.
-Metal manipulation: The most basic of magic.
-Mechanisms of war: With his knowledge as a master weapon smith Willis uses this self-developed spell to construct anything from simple weapons to complex machines of destruction within seconds even while in the battlefield.
-Forge: A skill which allows Willis to change the properties of metals, even allowing him to change one metal to another.
-MAS: Magical Acceleration Spell. A skill that Max shares with Arthur, it allows him to turn magical aura into momentum for anything that his element can affect. This can also form controlled tremors.
-Wolf form
-Rituals, barriers and incantations: Mostly for non-combat purposes other than a handful of spells.

Personality: Willis is an extremely disturbed individual despite his usually apathetic and sometimes pleasant outward personality. He is a complete sociopath being unable to tell right from wrong and having no qualms with bringing harm to others or helping them for that matter. He is completely devoid of real emotions and instead tends to act them out in frond of onlookers. Willis usually chooses to play out a businesslike demeanour in frond of customers and a cool friendly one in frond of regular people. He is completely absorbed in his job of making weapons and delivering them, a job that moves out of the limits of a hobby and into the realms of obsession and addiction. During a fight Willis’ deeply etched mental condition grants him a stone-cold and unshakable psyche. Willis also suffers from shell-shock as a result from his participation in the Elemental wars which manifests it’s self whenever Willis is reminded of traumatic experiences from the war. Willis is also one of the few people who are fond of and by Arthur being able to associate and communicate with him due to their similar twisted states of mind. This is mostly due to the fact that like him Arthur has no sense of right or wrong past his own aspirations as while he has the ability to understand the moral implications of any of his actions, unlike Willis, he doesn’t care even one bit for them. Finally Willis is technological genius in all aspects involving weaponry, both magical and not, including programming, software and electronics.

Quirks: Willis spends most of his time over the heat of the forge. His favourite food is pepperoni pizza.

Bio: Willis was born in an ancient line of blacksmiths as such his magic was taught from his family. In a young age Arthur and Willis were pitted against each others by their respective families or in Arthur’s case their trainers, and as such they have a long-standing rivalry of strength between them. This rivalry is what drove Willis to his current power rank and caused him to join the magical Army in order to catch up to the by-then more powerful vampire in strength. Eventually Willis outlived his parents and begun his own work-shop resulting in gaining fame amongst the magical community for the quality his work. Despite that he prefers to keep his shop and his profile humble. He was also the one that armed and continues to arm Arthur with his weapons. Later on he proceeded to take part in the Elemental wars in the hero’s side.
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 am

I wished you continued that rpg. I had fun with Samuel.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby TheMaddness » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:44 am

Deathmaster, Did you read the character sheet outline? Edit; Nevermind, my bad. Could you put in the approved style?

Re: Lunatic Inc. OOC:Sign-ups closed, open later

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:18 am

MM: so do I mm T-T. I loved that RP. Actually Ive been considering to revive it when I'm finally out of the f*^#>+| Army. Would you guys be interested?

Mad: I'm in the Camp currently and god knows how hard it is to make a cs with an iPod. I ask you to please tell me if you like the base though. It would give me a chance to plan ahead and make something else if I have to.

Postby sam4books » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 am

Deathmaster Forse wrote:MM: so do I mm T-T. I loved that RP. Actually Ive been considering to revive it when I'm finally out of the f*^#>+| Army. Would you guys be interested?

Hell yes! Jennifer was always one of my first full blown heroic character, no lie!
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Hmm...here's the start, I'll add in the powers and skills, etc, after I've had a better look at the other characters.

Name: Christopher linnfer.

Race: Originally human, now more of a mutant or abomination of sorts.

Physical Description: Cool, ain't he?

6 foot 6 now, he doesn’t appear to be very strong to look at but his flesh is mainly muscle, but one of the scariest things about him is despite his incredible speed and apparent weight, he weighs 250 kilos. If you’ve ever seen a tiger lunge for its prey, you’d be amazed at how fast something so big could move, at least for a few seconds, then you’d have other things on your mind, like the pair of fangs in your neck. Chris is like that times 2.

His hands are normally just normal hands but can transform grotesquely into claws, a shiny black ivory colour but much stronger and sharper which are secreted in a liquid which stops wounds from closing over quickly. His teeth can also change into fangs and begin to drip paralyzing toxins. His skin is completely white, at least when he’s clean and his hair is normally a bright blood red with yellow tips, the colour his hair used to be, but is darker due to the fact he never bothers to wash it. His clothes which you should be able to see in the picture, are also filthy and ragged, but are extremely tough, those clothes he has usually last a couple of years of fighting before he has to get a new set completely.

As for the mechanical contraptions around him, they are basically on him in order to keep him under control as he when he lets loose he can’t keep command of his emotions or himself to that extent, he can go without them for a while, say… an hour, but after that he just turns into a full-fledged violent animal. They inject various chemicals with different purposes all the time, so when they are on they stick needles into him and keep up a steady flow of liquids into his blood stream and flesh, they come out and go in again every hour, with a new fresh batch of concoctions just in case something had happened. Due to just how important these devices are to him, they are extremely tough, and as such, very dense and heavy, so when in normal mode, he’s fighting with a handicap, a handicap that's tougher then titanium, bitch. Also, let’s just shrink the backpack thing slightly as it looks just a bit too clunky, so make it…let’s say, approximately, 25 CMs in breadth, 40 CMs in width and about 75 CMs height. His wings just stick out from the sides of the device and each have a wing span of close to 1 and a ½ meters, each wings bone (or whatever you call it, the bit that all the hair or stuff is sticking out of) is very tough and very sharp so in a pinch, Chris can lash out with the wings and do a nasty cut which is why they are normally red at the ends.

Equipment: Well…I’ve already gone over the armour stuff really… oh yeah, the gun, ignore the gun, there is no gun…I’ll do something with the shoes though, metal soles with very short blades sticking out from around the bottom edge of it, so if he does a kick, it’s gonna do a good bit of damage due to the metal and if it does a glancing blow, the blades will cut along whatever he hit. The collar, or metal piece of machinery around his face, as well as periodically stabbing into him, is good at muting or enlarging his voice, can be used in exchange for most communication devices and is the only piece that is easily and quickly detachable, for when he needs to eat or drink. When he needs to get rid of it, the front piece, spits in two and slides into the back of itself so it looks like he’s only wearing half of the collar. The backpack also has wireless and a transmitter built into it and is a source of information for him, it’s wired into his collar so if someone wants to talk with him, they need only ring, or email, or whatever technology they use to get in contact with people, him. There are other details and devices stored in it, but they’re mainly only used if the software needs to be rewritten or commands initiated, so it’s basically a sort of computer as well.

Theme Song:
Fairytale. What he was then.
What's left of me. What he was after.
Schlachtschiff. What he is know.

Powers: Nearly all Chris’s powers are from his evil side, the claws, the speed and strength, the wings, etc. They are just a preview of what he could be if let loose. But he refuses to let this happen for two reasons, 1. He can’t control himself and will attack anything and anyone his evil side wants until it is unconscious, had the crap beat out of it or after an extended period of time, he just gradually changes back to normal. And 2. Normally when he comes round, he hurts, A LOT. The whole experience is like a car crash, you don’t know what’s going on really and you don’t feel the pain till after. And since he’s making enemies by the minute in the evil form, he gets a lot of damage done to him. All other powers he gets from the injection pumped into him by the hour.

Anyway, I’ll just list off the powers he can still use and keep control.

Physical powers:
-There is the flight power, as you should have seen already.
-The ability to grow claws and fangs when he wishes it, but the fangs is really just the effect to make them more prominent.
-His skin begins to grow another layer, this is much tougher then ordinary skin and much more flexible then any body armour, it wouldn't stop a bullet but would at least take a lot of the kick out of it, probably just letting it penetrate just under the skin depending on the power. The new layer can be increased or decreased depending on how much he's letting his other side loose, if he's reaching the half way point then his skin takes on an even more unatural sheen to it. His white skin begins to get a shine to it, like the shine of polished silver or gold without the precious metal and can sometimes begin to look like scales are trying to come out from under the skin. It isn't pretty to say the least.
-The heightened senses, eyesight, hearing, taste, etc.
-Then there is the strength, agility and speed, he is much faster, stronger and more agile then the average hero or monster, but in his normal form, his strength would be the weakest for two reasons, the weight of the machinery on him, and he rarely works on improving his strength, it’s good enough already. His speed and agility is what he works at the most and is the most obvious to see, as when in his usual state of mind, he doesn’t want to get injured all the time.

Biological powers:
- A mild immunity to most other poisons, etc which is from his own natural resistance and some of the inoculations. Unfortunately, the mutation and daily injections has also made his body, quite frankly, unhealthy. What with all the chemicals flowing around him and his own unnatural biology, it would be a strange creature indeed that wouldn’t feel some form of effect from taking a bite out of him, or heck, even just being close to him. So exchange of bodily fluids is a big no-no, even saliva would probably be a bad idea if you've got a weak immune system and don't like the idea of violently throwing up afterwards. He tends to bring out a nasty rash in people around him for long to medium periods of time, or those touching him for shorter periods.
-His fangs are full of toxins which paralyze the victim, eventually; resistance varies from person to person. Some just become sluggish as it takes effect, others find that maybe just the bitten limb is paralyzed and as for the physically weakest or naturally vulnerable, it either effects most or the rest of their body.
-The claws secrete a toxin which is meant to keep wounds open and accelerate the blood flow, to keep the smell of blood in the air, so if he wounds someone, he can track them back down if they run away and it also gives the danger of blood loss.
-They both also have a slow-acting poison in their tips designed to kill off wounded prey thats run off, basically anyone thats been clawed or bitten and gotten away from him, had better not fall asleep as he or she is going to have to keep conscious until it wears off unless they lwant to die in their sleep. The problem with that is that normally they're losing a lot of blood and cannot afford to rest either as he's gonna be after them like a shot.
-There is also his breath which, while normally smelling terrible, just because of his lack of hygiene and odd diet, tends to calm people down or make them feel slightly woozy and tired. This is only because of the toxins in it which are used to keep prey docile, he’s found it quite helpful at times for when needing to keep people quiet and calm without hurting them. Luckily, you either need to be quite close to him for it to take an immediate noticeable effect, and if you’re that close to him, then you’re either going to be fine because he doesn’t want to hurt you or he’s going to claw out your insides or eat you, or both.
-Like a shark, he can sense blood from far away distances, but unlike a shark, he can tell who's bleeding, exactly how far away they are and what rate that it's exiting the body. This natural trait is a lot more useful though if he's smelt the person before and definately knows who it belongs too, otherwise he could only hazard a rough guess about who it is.
-A very impressive ability to build up an immunity to just about anything over time and experience. Very helpful in capturing failed bounties.

Skills: Let’s see…There’s some skill in machinery, and chemistry and biology which he originally was very skilled at, and then some specific areas he picked up over the years. Some minor medical skills as a result and a small healing factor, he doesn’t need a huge one as he’s got vials he can slot in to fix him up with the rest of the injections, but this is no good till after the fight obviously and he only takes off the machinery after he’s been injected shortly beforehand, he doesn’t want to have to rush the job. He has a natural ear for languages and has picked up a few completely and a lot of some of others. The last skill he is would be in tracking, he’s good at finding trails, getting information out of people so long as he doesn’t have to worry about their future and sneaking around quietly after them.

Titles: “Predator”, I think will do.

Histroy: Chris…started out normal…at least, he appeared to be normal. He grew up in a small town in the isolated countryside and was the only child of his mother and father, the school teacher and the doctor. Like many other single children, he had his own imaginary friends, a boy and a girl. His parents, to their own amusement and irritation, found that he often shared congratulation’s for jobs done with his female friend and blamed his male friend for everything he did wrong. This ranged from little things like tidying his room and cooking to smashing windows and throwing food on the floor.

Unlike other children, he hung on to his friends up until he was ten and his parents, naturally slightly worried about him, spent the next year getting rid of them. The reason it took so long is firstly, a child’s immunity to logic, such as, “Nobody can see them.”, “I can see them.” and just a surprisingly high amount of resistance. After a while, he stopped mentioning them and a little while longer it just turned into a family joke they used to irritate him.

He continued his quiet life in the village, rising to the top of his school in the sciences thanks to his parents support and education and grew into a happy healthy 16 year old. The town was happy to have him and he got along with them all, he even knew all their names and kept up a relationship with them, despite his studies and sports. Despite all this, he still managed to fit in an hour’s alone time everyday where he’d go for a walk in the woods, which he’d been doing since he was fourteen. It was around this time, on a sunny spring day, that he met his first, and last, love.

He was just walking out of the main forest, into his own private place. It was a spot the size of a small field with green grass and yellow reeds that grew up to his waist and had hundreds of daisies and beautiful sunflowers and foxgloves and daffodils that grew in isolated clutches inside it. Every day, in the very centre of the field, he would lie down and watch the clouds go by, and whether there was rain, or sleet, or snow, or lightning he’d always feel happier there and let all the stress pour out of him. It was his secret spot, his quiet recluse from the world, his place, and there was already someone there.

Her hair was red, a bright blood red in the sunlight, her skin was smooth and fair and flawless apart from a slight, but stunningly pretty, blush on her cheeks and her eyes like grassy fields, green emerald eyes with yellow golden flecks. She was wearing a ruffled white blouse and from what he could just see from above the grass, a blue skirt that billowed out beneath her. Chris blanched as his heart started beating out a rumba and his higher brain functions shut down along with his lungs to transfer the power to keep him still alive against all logic and science. He gaped at her for a few seconds, before he noticed movement in his nether regions, immediately cut power to his legs and fell right over backwards.

As he lay there dazed for a few minutes, blushing furiously and hoping to god she hadn’t heard or noticed him, he noticed her singing. He continued to stare up at the sky as the faint sound of her voice washed over him, and to Chris, it was the voice that would teach angels how to sing. Time passed and the clouds flew over and the sky lost its light, until Chris finally noticed the absence of the heavenly music that was still reverberating around his soul. He got slowly up and peeked over the top of the grass. After a cautious 360 degree scan, he slowly rose, his head and body turning together, his head rotating twice as fast so every half-circle his body jerked round to keep up.

He stood straight and looked at the spot where he’d seen her last, looked left and right once more and slumped, his arms hanging loosely. A happy sigh escaped through his lips as a warm fuzzy feeling began to grow inside him. The typical expression of a lovestruck fool appeared on his face and he swayed round slowly on his foot to walk back the way he came, humming the tune he’d spent hours listening too but which only seemed like minutes.

The next day he ran and jumped through the forest, one hand holding onto his hat and the other pushing branches out of the way until he saw the light beaming through the forest and burst into the clearing. He immediately dived straight down and lay there, panting, until he caught his breath again and regained his composure, he got on his knees and slowly rose his head to look at the small circular field. He frowned as he looked around the clearing for his new interest, he could have sworn he’d heard her heavenlysinging, even as he ran towards her. “Hello cutie” whispered a voice into his ear as two slender arms draped around his neck. “looking for me?”

Chris froze completely, muscles locked, eyes fixed ahead, blood flow pausing momentarily before getting it’s act together. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” His right eye twitched once and rolled down to look at the arms around him, the other one rolling around erratically, trying to jump out of it’s socket. “Okay, Okay, calm down, you can’t screw this up. A beautiful, stunning, sexy, talented beautiful girl has just gone and put her arms around you and called you cute. SHE THINKS I’M CUTE. Calm, calm, yes, she thinks your cute which is why you have to make a good first impression. SHE THINKS I’M CUTE. Yes, we’ve already gone over that. CUTE. God I hate dealing with you when your libido is in charge. SHE’S HUGGING ME. Yes, yes, it’s very nice. Now repeat after me. HUGGING. Shut up. Now, just say “I’m actually looking for a beautiful young red-headed girl, so-oh wait, yes I am then” I CAN’T SAY THAT. Say it. I CAN’T. Say it, you pussy. I CAN’T. Do it, or I’ll make you constipated.”

Chris opened his mouth slowly “Ahaminahglebelle” The girl chuckled and raised a hand up to his neck. “Want to try that again cutie?” She asked as she began to tickle him under his chin, making him squirm in her grip. GODDAMMIT MAN, TRY AGAIN[i/] Chris swallowed and licked his lips as he prepared to speak. He had to make a good impression here, he could [i]not[i/] screw this up. He prepared himself to speak and coughed slightly, and then threw up. [i]Oh for Christ’s sake.The arms quickly withdrew from around him and he heard squeals of disgust behind him as he tried to keep the rest of his food down. Apologise you fool. He quickly pulled himself up and turned around to say sorry, and spun right round again, looking straight at the ground, blushing bright red again as he tried to tell himself he hadn’t seen anything. “Damn right, you keep facing that way, stupid.” The girl said angrily as she took her blouse off to try and wipe away the vomit.

“Honestly, Is this how you always react when a girl tries to be nice to you” “I’m sorry, I didn’t me-“ “Of course you didn’t mean it, but you still did it. Do you do this with every girl you meet, you probably do, why else would you be trying to hide and stare at me from afar.” Chris felt the panic begin to rise as his new imaginary world began to shatter around him. “I DIDN’T MEAN TO, I WAS JUST SHY AND YOU WERE SINGING SO NICELY AND YOU’RE PRETTY AND I WAS SCARED AND I DIN;T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I just wanted to listen to it, that’s all.” The girl laughed again, amused by the effect she was clearly having on him. “Yes, I am rather great, aren’t I?” She grunted and tore off the sleeves. “That’s better” “Can I turn around now?” “No.” She put the blouse back on and stared at the back of Chris’s head, a small smile on her face as she waited. Chris continued to look at the ground in silence and push his index fingers together, shuffling his feet as he did so. Her smile grew again and she silently crept towards him.

“BOO” “GAHHHHHHH” “HAHAHAA” She rolled around the ground laughing hysterically as Chris tried to get his already confused, damaged and angry heart to start beating again. “YOU’RE MEAN” He yelled shrilly as he tried to get some air into his lungs. The girl got up, still clutching her sides from the giggling “Haha, oh god, you’re fun. Shy, jumpy and cute-as-a-button.” She gave him a quick poke on the nose and offered out a hand. “I’m Cassandra by the way, and what’s your name stalker?” Chris hesitated, but gripped the hand firmly and shook it. “I’m Chris.” They smiled at each other, one shy but hopeful, the other confident and happy. “I’m looking forward to spending some more time with you Chris, who knows what type of person you’ve become.” Chris frowned in puzzlement. “I’ve become, you knew me?” “Sorry, slip of the tongue, I meant what type of person you would become.” She said, hastily taking her hand away and with a flourish of her skirt, running away from him to the centre of the field. “Come on then, I want some help with the flower picking.” She shouted. “H-Hey, wait up.” Chris replied as he started to run after her.

Chris and Cassandra continued to meet each other in their private place over the next three months until Chris suggested that she should meet his parents. He was surprised to find she was very against the suggestion, telling him she didn’t want to and not to ask her again, but she in turn was surprised to find how he kept on suggesting and hinting about it. Normally he just rolled over when she asked him to do something and it was one of the few little battles that Chris had every won with her, she’d given in after another month of constant whining, little bits of apparent apprehension and sulking and finally the continuous puppy-eyes and begging technique which eventually led to her screaming at him that yes, yes she would meet his parents if he only to stop his unrelenting annoyance and to get him to shut the hell up about it.

He was silently very smug about it when he walked back with her to his house to introduce his parents to “the mystery girl who’s been taking up all of your time, I bet she’s a right looker, isn’t she son? Our little boy is finally growing up. So got any action from her yet? Don’t ask him that Harold. Why not? I’m just curious, oh he has, he has, look at him blush. Don’t tease the boy, I hope you aren’t just with her because of her looks Chris, I’ll be very disappointed with you if you just dump the poor girl the second she wants something serious. Now you’re putting pressure on him, he doesn’t want to think about that yet, let him enjoy his youth Haley. Oh, just because you could never get anywhere with girls when you were his age, I’m telling you Chris, your father was hopeless when he 16, he had no idea how to get girls. I got you, didn’t I? You wore me down over a long period of denied requests and happened to be the closest male handy after Dennis stood me up at the dance, you didn’t get me, I got you.”

She got along with his parents immediately, to Chris’s extreme misfortune as they swiftly conspired against him, his parents telling embarrassing stories about his childhood and Cassandra asking them very personal questions which they gleefully answered despite his begging for them to not. By the end of the whole thing, Cassandra was now the smug one with Chris just being depressed at the betrayal. After dinner, Chris quickly ushered Cassandra out before they could regroup again, his parents saying she was welcome to come again whenever she wished before he slammed the door shut, leaving them both outside the back of the house in the garden next to the forest. “Well…that was fun, wasn’t it Chris?” “…yes…I enjoyed the whole…experience.” “And you never mentioned you had imaginary friends till you were ten.” “Shut up.” “Oh no, I want to know all about them, especially your other little lady friend.” “I don’t want to talk about it.” “Oh but you will.” “No I won’t.” “Well…Okay, I can always ask your parents tomorrow if I have to.” “…It was nothing special. I can’t even remember their names.” “Tch, already? Ok then, who was your favourite.” “The girl, definitely.” “Hah, thought so. Why?” “She was nice, she helped out with my jobs, she was always fun to play games with and she was really smart and pretty, if I remember correctly.” “…Oh Chris.” She beamed at him and quickly gave him a tight hug. “You’re such a smooth talker.” She said as she nuzzled him and gave him a short kiss on the cheek before darting away and skipping towards the forest. “See you tomorrow cutie.” She said happily, as she entered the forest, singing joyfully as she did so. Chris dumbfounded after her, his mouth hanging open. He touched the spot where she’d kissed him and broke into such a wide grin, it looked like the top of his head was going to come off. “Crazy girl” He muttered contently as he went back inside.

As the sun went down and the little outskirt of the town began to lumber to a halt, the forest began to go quiet. Now this is perfectly normal when it gets dark and on a windless night, but there was no sound coming from the forest at all. No chirping from crickets, no sound of branches breaking under furred paws, no sound at all…until there was a crack at the boundary between forest and town. Two red glowing eyes appeared in the air and looked around the area, they thinned as if looking through slits and then disappeared. After a brief period of nothing, an arm suddenly tore out of the air. It flailed around wildly, like as if it was connected to a body on the other side of something, which it was. It seemed to get a grip on air, as if there was an invisible wall which it could push off. It pushed hard and a shoulder came through, then a mass of dark dirty hair, and then a head come out along with the top right corner of its chest. The face looked up and around again, and grinned. In all fairness it was already grinning, this being the only facial expression skulls can make, but it certainly seemed happier. “I’m back baby.” It rasped crudely from between rotted teeth just hanging from their sockets. It cackled madly to itself, laughing at the sky and the moon and the stars, it struggled to get the rest of its skeletal body out of nothingness and into existence, all the while giggling with glee and cursing with chagrin as it writhed into being.

That night was the beginning of the disappearances. Every night, a person would disappear from their homes without any signs of resistance or any awareness of the other members of the households. Over the next month panic began to spread throughout the town like a disease, old friendships broke down as fear corrupted relationships, people started to stay at home, only coming out for supplies. Attendance quickly plummeted at the local school to her mother’s dismay despite her arguments that people were only snatched away at night, and people came in flocks to the doctor’s claiming they had various illnesses, most of which didn’t exist, some which were only brought on by stress, and others which didn’t even make sense.

Cassandra seemed to take the information badly as well. Chris wasn’t amazed she hadn’t heard of it yet, since her family lived out in the village on the other side of the forest but was surprised at her reaction to it. When she first heard it from him, she immediately made an excuse about chores at home and rushed away, a look of fear etched into her normally, so assured , expression. She was distant and distracted for the next week, constantly drifting off into silence or focusing on something else when he was trying to talk to her and stealing glances at the forest every minute. Her fear began to rub off on Chris too, who’d been looking to her for support and an escape from the troubles at home.

So with everyone in the town on edge, and no logical thing to blame or suspect, people started acting illogical. Old feuds regrew as both sides suspected each-other of the disappearances, quiet and unsocial members of the town got odd looks and whispers behind their backs, even the most respected members of society lost their respect and trust. The people in the town started to draw apart as the disappearances in the night continued, until without warning, entire families started to go missing and by the end of the week, the town’s population had been cut down halved and halved again. By now the once gentle and innocent town was on the very edge of descending into disorder and chaos and people taking the law into their own hands, which meant going round to other people’s houses and beating them to death. The only real thing stopping them was the fact that going out into the day would put them in a bad light and make them seem like the bad guys to the rest of the community, and doing it at night would mean that they’d be walking around the town, on their own, in plain sight of whatever was going round. Also that if they did attack their suspects, they’d be attacking people who took out whole families for no reason without any signs of resistance, which stopped most future assaults dead in their tracks.

One night, Chris snuck out of the house under the cover of darkness to meet with Cassandra, she’d begged him the day before to meet her there despite his alarms that it would be crazy to see each other when the kidnapper was out. If it wasn’t for the fact that she had actually begged him to leave, he’d have refused, but whatever had pushed her to actually pleading for him to come despite the dangers meant to him that it must have been extremely important to her. Nevertheless, he took his father’s old cricket bat with him, just in case.

After creeping through the forest and self-defending himself from three trees and an angry badger, he broke through the trees to meet up with a frantic, frightened and flustered Cassandra, who screamed and then punched him in the gut when he tapped her on the shoulder. “Why?” he groaned as he began to huddle up on the ground. “Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.” She repeated as she quickly, and surprisingly easily, pulled him back up and looked around the field to check no-one was there. “We’ve got to talk Chris.” She whispered as she pulled him back down under the grass and reeds. “and keep your voice down.” “You screamed.” He pointed out, still sour about the punch to the gut and being pulled up and down. “Shut up, we don’t have time for this, this has got to stop.” Confusion grew on Chris’s face “What, us?” a mild tone of panic setting into his voice. “No, don’t be stupid, we’re great together, but that’s not the point. The point is we’ve got to stop Connor.” “We’re not breaking up?” “Yes, now back to Connor.” “Phew, I was scared there for a second. I thought you were dumping me.” “Yes, yes, yes, get over it already, we have to talk about Connor.” “Who’s Connor, is he a friend of yours? An ex-boyfriend? Oh god, you’re getting back together with him, aren’t you? Please don’t leave me. I’ll be a better boyfriend, I promise, I’ll take you out, I’ll go shopping with you and not complain, I’ll get you that necklace you asked me to get even though it’s really expensive and would look absolutely terrible on you-“ “Shut up already, I’m not dumping you, get this through your…” She stopped for a second and though about it. “You’ll take me shopping? No, no, no, you’re putting me off topic, Just shut up, or I will dump you, k?” “…” “Good, now, does the name Connor mean anything to you?” Chris shook his head silently from side to side. “Of course it doesn’t, you poor stupid idiot.” She patted the confused Chris on the cheek before continuing. “Connor…was your imaginary friend.”

“Huh?…” Chris frowned as he tried to fit this new piece of information into his mind and gave up. “I’m sorry, I don-“ “Shh, I thought we agreed on the no talking. We’ve got to deal with him, he’s the one who has been taking everyone.” “What?” He waved away her shushing as he got serious. “This guy is the kidnapper, and you’ve known about this, why didn’t you say so?” Anger was now clear in his voice, the disappointment and betrayal he felt from Cassandra was fuelling his rage. How could she keep this from him? He’d been having nightmares about his mother or father being taken, his town had fallen apart and selfishly, he’d been afraid that eventually he’d be the only one left. “Why did you keep this from me? What possible reason could there be? Do you have any idea what I’ve gone through, how many people have gone with god knows what happening to them? What could possibly have been going through your skull when you thought it would be a good idea to keep this to yourself?” “Because I didn’t want to believe it.” She cried. Her head fell down as she started to cry, shudders wracking through her body.

“er…” the anger quickly fell away as the guilt took over. “um…c’mere.” He said as he quickly pulled her into a tight hug, stroking her hair as she continued to sob. He held her like that until she stopped shaking and then a bit longer still. She sniffed, rubbed herself on his shoulder and got a hold of herself. “Okay…Okay, right. Let’s go.” She patted him on the head and stood up, brushing the grass off her skirt. Chris quickly got up as well and tried to fight the urge to wipe away the shiny stain on his shoulder. He bounded after her as she led him back to the town. “What are we going to do about this Connor then?” “Well…we’ll probably have to stop him for one.” “Well, yeah, but then what?” “Kill him.” Chris tripped and fell into a tree. After some minor swearing he managed to catch up with her. “I’m sorry, but we have to kill him?” “Well we can’t leave him alive, dammint.” She swore as a branch tore at her arm. “He’s a monster.” “But we can’t just kill him.” “Why not?” “What do you mean why not? It’s not the humane thing to do.” “Well that’s good, because he certainly isn’t human even more.” “WHAT?”

They broke out of the forest, but before Cassandra could get any further Chris reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her back to him. “What’s going on here, tell me everything.” She squirmed in his arms, trying to break free. “I…can’t” “Why not?” “Let me go!” “No, what is happening he-oof.“ He buckled over as her knee lashed out between his legs, she quickly tore herself out of his grip and ran down the garden towards the town. Chris stumbled after her down the garden, trying not to throw up or fall over. “Damn, she’s a complete bitch sometimes.” He grunted between gritted teeth, then he noticed the fires.

The area of town Chris lived in was located in a little valley, and the forest was on the outskirts above it, and so it was possible, if you were standing on the edge between forest and town, to look right into the centre square. He couldn’t quite see, but what was there was some kind of heap and a broken ring of fire around it, along with fires in all the other houses that had had remaining citizens in them. (Key word “had”)

He ran through the town towards the fire, trying to keep away from the burning and crumbling buildings and to keep Cassandra’s red hair in sight as she left the street just as he entered it. As they got closer to the circle, Chris began to smell the odd and random scent of barbeque as they got closer. “Must be the butcher’s on fire” he thought as he passed the burning grocers. He paused to give in to the childish urge to kick a crispy cabbage back through the window before continuing on. He didn’t stop again after he heard Cassandra’s scream from the circle.

He rounded the corner, ready to fight whatever monster this Connor might be in order to save her, and stopped as the sheer magnitude of what he saw tried and failed to register. The town square was kept blank with no statues or lamp posts or anything of the like for the purpose that it would always be able to be used for large gatherings like markets or town meeting and the like. What had taken place tonight was considerably more grim and grisly. “…” he opened his mouth and shut it, again and again. “Howdy bro.” said Connor cheerfully from atop the mound, sitting on a chair of skulls. He grinned down on Chris and kicked a loose head down the hill of bodies which bounced down the bloody hill and landed beside the unmoving body of Cassandra. “How ya doing?” He asked cheerfully as he used one hand to juggle around Chris’s parents surprised looking heads.

“Want something to eat?” he asked as he picked up a cooked leg and offered it to him. “Tastes like chicken.” Connor took a bite and chewed it round his skeletal mouth where it immediately dropped down through him onto his hips. “Man, how long has it been now since we all got together, just the three of us…6 or 7 years, yeah?” He cackled loudly as the smoke from the cooking bodies in the ring of fire rose into the air behind and around him, wrapping the skeleton in a dark sheet of acrid smoke with its two red eyes burning into Chris.

---

After the event, Chris left the remains of the town alone and was on the road to becoming even less human then his old friend Connor. Over the first two years, he wandered alone, fighting and surviving through whatever he met, slowly growing less like the young boy he used to be and into the monstrous man he’s eventually become, until he came across a man of science and technology who furnished for him his mechanical devices to keep him in check. After that he decided that he may as well use his new talents for something useful, like money, and began to create a name for himself as a bounty hunter and collector and scavenger. He began to evolve at a quickened pace as his body learned what he would need in his new life, he grew to form small relationships with other hunters and regular clients and eventually, slowly, began to get used to his new life. He met numerous forms of enemies, rivals and even a few allies in his work, learnt some new skills and talents like when he should use subtlety and discreetness, or when what was really necessary sometimes was to come in swinging and out the other side with their intestines around your fingers. Life went on for Chris.
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:07 pm

I love that song Quin! Fairytale, I mean.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:10 pm

I know, I listened to it for about a week nonstop.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Deathmaster Forse wrote:MM: so do I mm T-T. I loved that RP. Actually Ive been considering to revive it when I'm finally out of the f*^#>+| Army. Would you guys be interested?

To play Samuel again, would be fun. With his chainsaw that emits solar radiation, his wooden bat coated with wolfsbane and advanced electromagnetic powers.

Through, you really should follow the CS, Death. It's there for a reason. Especially, since your character is suppose to have really two powers and your guy has several. Several which are overpowered. Now, you can argue about it, but really Death, that guy was more a final boss type, rather than a character with the way he is now.
More Robots

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Impervious to metal?
Making metal, changing it, and giving it momentum.

I mean, wow.
For the Greater Good

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:46 pm

...note to self...if Death's character get's through, befriend him immediatly.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm

NeoWarrior7 wrote:Impervious to metal?
Making metal, changing it, and giving it momentum.

I mean, wow.

Ya, I know, that why for that rpg, I had to use a wooden bat just for him. To make it especially lethal, coat it with wolfsbane.
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing