Tales of Dreams IC *DEAD*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Tales of Dreams IC *Revived*- Phase 1

Postby Bolts » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Eli fell to his knees, gasping as the visions overtook him. Stowaways, viruses, death, what the hell did any of it have to do with him? "Get out of my head..." he growled to himself, grimacing as the visions departed from him. Cold breath tickled his neck, sending a visible chill down the captain's spine. "One's behind me....the mirror." Eli glanced at the mirror in his palm, revealing the virus in front of him. "Steady now Eli....they don't know you're on to them yet....." The young captain kept his cool as he reached for his sword, not wanting to startle the viruses into a sudden attack.

Like a freshly sprung trap though, Eli swiftly cut down the virus in front of him, staring at the blade of his weapon as he did. It's reflection showed the second virus behind him. Another fluid string and it had met a similar fate to its companion. "Here me, you cursed ship! I am Eli Whitaker!! I claim you as my own! And no damn virus, curse, ghost, or death itself will stop me from taking you!" Eli roared as he marched on through the bowels of the ship. When he wanted something bad enough, he'd stop at nothing to take it.

Postby Regalus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Cyrus barely heard the briefing, let alone Gran's comment. All that morning his mind was racing faster than a a gerbil with ADD on acid. He couldn't believe what was happening; first the on the job and this of all things happened. He had come to the island because of his dreams, but he never thought he'd find out why so soon. However what shocked him to the core was the fact that it was that dream. Truth be told, he had hoped to at least a master his power by then; but it seemed fate decided to spit in his eye after all.

By the time they had arrived to the springs his mind was still lost, trying to remember anything that he could use to end it all right then and there, but it was no use. He honestly couldn't think of a thing; he barely registered Fang asking for suggestions as his eyes scanned his companions. They're the ones, that much is undeniable... but they weren't the only ones, he began . So long as I don't find the others it all good. I mean, it could be years before we find another one! So, I can just take it easy and handle it as things unfold. he said to himself in quiet reassurance, just in time to hear Fangs battle cry.

He wasn't quite sure were the virus had come from, but it couldn't have arrived at a better time. He had alot of anxiety to work out and knew just how to do it.

"Fire huh?" he began with a smile as he looked at the slime, "I can work with that." he added as he conjured forth his rod and raised it slightly pointing at the slime. Soon a scarlet circle formed around the young boy as he began his chant.

"Brilliant light come forth and strike down my foe, Lightning!!!" with those words spoken the circle glew brightly, before a bolt of energy fell from the sky to strike the slime.
Last edited by Regalus on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Karo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:09 am

As the boar began to shake around, Adeon's body began to sway back and forth, and he used the momentum to flip himself free, launching his thin frame at the wounded virus, the one with the green glyph. Thankfully his hands, and by extent, his knife, were above his head. He went flying into the beast with a sort of shoulder tackle, and heard a sickening crunch as his blade met bone inside the beast. It had been a lucky shot, but now he had just gone from one predicament to another, as to be expected from a boy who had never learned to fight seriously before.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Soul » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4SSDXFB_90

Elia had been watching the virus situation since it broke out, dealing with the boars that attacked her rather easily. She let out an annoyed sigh as she took to the rooftops of the city in hopes to avoid any further attacks by the viruses till the attack was dealt with. Having no affiliation with the city she had no obligation or desire to help them deal with the attack.

'Do not involve yourself with the affairs of other countries. Only help if you feel that you must, the completion of your training is priority.' She thought about what her master had told her as she jumped the gap to another rooftop, her scarf flapping in the air behind her.

As Elia continued to run over the roofs she skidded to a halt and saw a young man surrounded by virus boars. She scowled and began to continue but as she was about to make the next jump she stopped herself and groaned. Elia ran back across the roof top pulling a throwing knife and hurling at one of the boars, nailing it in between the eyes. She jumped down from the rooftop pulling one of her ninja-to from her back and slicing down into the boar behind Adeon, using the momentum of her fall to cleave the virus in two.

"You really need to work on your knife fighting, kid," she said, making sure the scarf concealed her face as she turned towards the other boars, pulling her second sword.

Postby Ryute » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Bosses of Phase 1
Boss music: Roar of Delirium

WARNING WARNING HIGH LEVEL INFECTION INCOMING WARNING…

~The Ship’s Secret~
Boss: The Abandoned Nightmare

When Eli reached the end of the ship a dark wall of flames was thrown up behind him preventing his escape. When appeared before him was a giant nightmarish creature attached to the ship’s hull. It looked like a giant spider with a giant human skull with a pirate hat floating in a black mass of shadow. In one skeletal hand held a aquatic spear and the other held a large black sword. The spider legs hung below the monster’s head. It moans “The captain he abandoned us… is that you captain have you come back???? Then YoU sHaLL FeEl oUr PAINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!” It swiped Eli with the sword as a warning not hitting him in the slightest. When the monster swung the ship moved in the same direction as the swing. This monster was the core of the ship or the monster is the ship itself.

On the outside of the ship, it turned black and red with monster tentacles spawning outside, the ship was turning into a monster. One of Eli’s crew fired a cannon and both the ship and the monster squealed in pain. The monster recovered quickly and focused his attention on the captain once again.

~Undine Spring: Rise of the Jelly~
((Brad can you post a bit more like 8 sentences…?))
Boss: Gelatinous Deadly Jellyglitch

Gran’s attack sliced the jellyfish cleanly but it just split in two. The fire from Cryus’s spell seemed to have a normal effect but it wasn’t the jellyfish’s weakness. Something was bothering Fang about this monster…It seemed to be a part of a whole and even though it’s translucent the virus core wasn’t showing at all either. All viruses had one whether it was hidden or in plain site but this one was completely see through and it had no core to show. “I have a bad feeling about this…” Suddenly 20 more of the same jellyfish monsters emerged. One of them was bright red and had a bright yellow core glowing in it’s plasma like body. The jellyfishes combined into one giant jelly fish with a red core in the center. It sent a jolt of lighting from it’s tentacles only briefly missing the four boys. The tentacles were electrically charged and guarding the main body so a direct assault won’t work. “Damn it of all the times…This guy won’t let us leave so easily so let’s take care of this and call it a day.” Fang got up close but not too close and focused energy in his fist. “Demon Fist” he shouted and shot a wave of energy that landed on the ground. The attack took out one of the electric tentacles but there were 7 more left. This was going to be a tough battle.

~Leona: It’s too quiet…~
Boss: Bloody StaticMole

Thanks to the effort of the ninja and the young thief’s lucky stabs, the monsters looked like they were losing. The boars suddenly got freaked out and the remaining ones started to fly away. An eerie silence spread throughout the town…until suddenly houses started to fall down. One by one parts of the town started to get dumped into the ground. The ground next to the ninja and the thief started to shake violently until both of them fell into the ground. They landed roughly in a giant area filled with interconnecting tunnels. A loud shriek could be heard from the tunnels in many directions. A mole suddenly emerged from the ground. It was about 5x the size of a regular mole with vicious fangs and blood flowing out of its eyes. Its claws were long and deadly with purple coloring that could indicate poison. The rest of his body was dark brown and it had a red core sticking out of its back. The mole sniffed around and it smelled a meal. Being tired from his rampage he wanted a nice snack before he could continue.

Postby Karo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:46 am

Adeon removed his knife from the now dead virus and frowned. Who asked for an opinion from an outsider? I was doing just fine." He turned to the next one, and caught a glimpse of the girl who had chided him, and his frown only increased. As he attacked the beast, he continued muttering to himself. "Besides, it ain't my fault. I only started a few months ago, and it ain't like I got anyone who'll teach me." It wasn't long before the beasts were dead or fled, but before he could turn to the girl, the ground began to shake and they fell into a hole into the ground, leading to a bunch of underground tunnels and the biggest, freakiest virus he had ever seen popped up in front of him. "What in the holy hell is that thing, and how did it get into town so easily? What use is our damn military if they're too fat and lazy to take care of things before they get like this?" He growled in annoyance, and fished a hand into the pouch on the back of his leather belt. "Well, at least I get to try these suckers out thanks to him. Bomb Throw!" Adeon chucked a handful of what looked like firecrackers at the monster's eyes, hoping to blind it.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Regalus » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:48 am

"Holy Shit on a Stick!!!" exclaimed Cyrus as he backed away from the monstrous slime. Things did not look good for the group of intrepid adventurers. Think, think there most be something you know that can help, he thought to himself as he sifted through every little factoid he'd read during his studies. Upon seeing Fang's cause one of the tendrils to pop, an idea began to form in his head."Everyone, aim at the tendrils projectiles; but whatever you do do not let it touch you," he called out as he began casting yet again, an emerald circle forming beneath him.

"Emerald winds gather before me, and tear apart my foe!" the circle brightly flashed as three fireballs flew out from the young warlock as aimed towards the three highest tendrils.
Last edited by Regalus on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:09 am

Gran grunted as the Jellyfish became two. "Grr. I was afraid that would happen." He said. He then became startled as a giant jellyfish made of 20 some odd jellyfish. "Oh joy!" Gran said sarcastically. He saw that Fang's Demon attack destroyed one of the large tentacles and heard Cyrus yell not to touch the tentacles. Gran hit the jellyfish in front of him away with the flat of his blade and faced the large one. He thought that since not all of the tentacles were on the ground he probably shouldn't use demon fang. He raised his sword up and yelled "Azure Edge!" As he swung down a wave of blue came from his sword that went shooting forward to hit the beasts tentacles. Slightly behind his Azure Edge was Cyrus' 3 fireballs all converging onto the large target.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Bolts » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 am

Eli didn't so much as blink as the monstrous beast swiped at him. In truth, he almost felt sorry for the creature. There was no worse feeling for a pirate than to be betrayed by their captain, that much he'd learned already. "I am not your captain, nor are you, or have you ever been, a member of my crew." He spoke firmly, taking strides towards the giant spider as if he were approaching a foe of equal size to himself rather than some great beast. "However, judging by the circumstances, I can help you better than your previous Captain could. But for now, stop attacking my men, you'll only make it worse for yourself. Besides, your quarrel is with the Captain of this vessel not your brothers in arms." Eli was almost directly beneath the spider as he finished speaking.

"So then, I'll give you two options. You can let go of this grudge, become a member of my crew, and maybe get back to whatever form you used to have. Or, and I don't advise this option, you can continue swinging that sword around like a child throwing a temper tantrum and force me to run it through your skull. But know this. No matter which option you choose, I am taking this boat."

Postby Soul » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Elia growled as Adeon talked back to her. As she was about to whip around and smack him with the flat of one of her swords the ground collapsed. She let out an annoyed sigh as Adeon continued to talk, only wanting him to shut up. Soon she found herself thinking why she even bothered to save the little brat's life, and trying to reassure herself that it was the right thing to do when it was quickly turning out to be just the opposite.

As Adeon began to throw a bomb Elia's mouth gaped for a moment before she dropped one of her swords. Quickly the ninja whipped a throwing knife through the air at the bomb, severing its fuse. "Are you fucking stupid kid!?" She tore her sword from the ground and pointed at the mole with it, "It's already blinded, throwing a bomb won't do anything but bring this entire tunnel down on our heads!" she yelled glaring at him. Elia scraped the ninja-to across Adeon's cheek, just enough to give him a small cut, "I came here to save your sorry ass, now stop trying to get us both killed and use your fucking brain!" Elia turned towards the mole, tightening her grip on the swords and readying herself for its first attack.

Postby Ryute » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:27 pm

~The Cursed Ship fight~

“SiLEncE! AlL captains aRe the sAme! I will SeNd you to yOUr watery gRAVE!” The skull cackled unfazed by Eli’s speech. Trying to negotiate with a beast like this would seem futile and all the talking Eli did let the beast prepare his attack first. “Distorted Darkness come forth!” NEGATIVE GATE!” A black wave of energy appeared under Eli and if he didn’t dodge it soon he would take a full mid level darkness spell in his face. The spell consists of a black orb appearing in the air causing area of effect damage and there was no where to go but closer to the nightmarish monster.

~Underground fight~

The ninja stopped the thief’s attack from causing a cave in. Even if the thief’s attack hit the blinding effect wouldn’t work on the already blind mole virus. The virus could tell their movements based on the feel of the earth and their smell. The duo didn’t make any other moves so it was the mole’s turn to retaliate. Letting out a loud screech it slammed the ground with its two giant claws sending a wave of stalagmites towards the ninja and the thief. The stone wave was about 3 feet in diameter and it made attacking the mole from the front about 80% more difficult to accomplish.

~Jellyfish fight~

Both the fireballs and the azure edge attack hit the tendrils squarely causing them to dissipate. Only 3 tentacles remained guarding the main body. The jellyfish was so large and slow moving it was hard to dodge the human’s attacks but it was always very powerful to compensate. It stuck its three remaining tentacles on the ground and generated a large amount of energy from its body. Pointing the three tentacles towards the humans he shot a laser of energy at them in three directions and it alternated and crossed paths for about 10 seconds. The attack was really hard to dodge as the lasers were at about 2-4 feet off the ground. Fang was grazed by two of the lasers but took a direct attack from one of them. Burn marks on his body and a bit on his clothes he grunted and phsyched himself up again despite taking damage. “Let’s hurry and take out those last 3 tentacles before he does that again! Demon Fist!” He said taking out the tentacle that gave him a direct blast. Fang was breathing a bit heavily trying to recover his breath.

Postby Huang Long » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 am

Fuyu: Undine Springs- Was it right or left?

To say, Fuyu was lagging behind was a bit of an understatement. Again he was late but this time it was because of his own doing. It had taken him more time to change and prepare for the trip than expected. He had insisted that the other go ahead, that he would catch up. So now he lagged behind the group. As he quickened his pace, his mind wandered. In his musing, he followed the Hoshi as he hoped they would lead him to his new comrades. As he continued following the little light spirits, finally catch up to them. Some time later they arrive at the fork in the road. As they begin to ponder which way to go, Fuyu excuses himself for a bit and tries to divine the correct path. The Hoshi point him to the path on the right but when he returns, Fang, Cyrus and Gran aren't there. So he proceeded to follow the Hoshi, assuming the the others had chosen the right path. After a while he reached the end of his path, a barrier of water . Fuyu began to examine it.

" What could this possibly be keeping inside?", he thought. Then he notice several of the Hoshi become dark red and speed off towards the grassy area. Fuyu sped after them.

"Kuso!! That means they're in danger!", said Fuyu as he raced through the trees and undergrowth. He should have divined which path they were one. He burst into the grassy area.

"Good! They're still ok. Now... What in the name of all things holy is that?", He said as he saw the electrically-charged tentacle thing.

"I call forth shards of the Blue Star. Strike down that which dare threaten those i protect! ICE NEEDLE!" The shards of ice sped toward the next tentacles bellow the ones Cyrus had targeted.
Mastery of magic is when telling time means telling time what to do.

In Honor of a true warrior: Quotes from Dinobot

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- Honor does not need to be won, but it must never be lost.

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:08 am

Gran Zuphyer
~Healing and Fuyu~

Gran saw his Azure Edge effectively take out a tentacle and was about to use another, when the large beast began emitting lasers from its tendrils. Gran managed to roll out of the way of a high set beam but was struck in the leg by another. If it wasn't for his heavy armor it probably would have hurt much more than it already did. His leg had a burning sensation, he knew that if anyone took a more direct hit they would be in need of healing. He looked over to fang and saw him get hit by one of the beast's attack. "Fang! Hold still. Light cure our wounds. First Aid!" a white glyph appeared under fang and if Fang listened would be healed and wouldn't be breathing so hard.

Gran then turned his attention back to the creature and saw a barrage of Ice Needles going after one of the tentacles. He turned to see where they had come from, still keeping an eye on the creature and saw Fuyu. "Fuyu, where have you been?" Gran asked.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Bolts » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

"....Your choice." Eli stated flatly as the spell initiated beneath him. Before the damage was done however, the young pirate charged forward, positioning himself directly beneath the skull. "Tempest." he whispered, sending his body into a mad spin as he rose into the air, sword dicing anything that got in his path. Eventually Eli rose above the creatures body, landing on its backside. "Do not put me in the same pool as your pathetic captain. I'd die before seeing any of my men turned into something as hideous as you." The swordsman spit on the creature as he spoke whilst proceeding to crawl up the creatures back towards its head. If he could just get to the top, he could bury his sword in whatever was left of this creatures brain and finish the fight here and now.

Postby Regalus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:34 pm

"Fuck me," was all that young Cyrus managed to say before he got a faceful of laser. The force of the initial blast was so much that it knocked the young warlock of his feet and onto the ground several yards away from were he started; it happened so fast that had he not screamed in pain as it hit one might not have ever noticed. His chest hurt like a bitch, his favorite shirt was ruined and he was pretty sure he had first or, easily, second degree burns.

He had to forcibly stop himself from writhing in pain from the blast as the beams danced an arms length above him. As he began focusing his mind to numb the pain, he couldn't but be thankfully for his magical training. If not the blast probably would've done far worse to his frail body, he knew for sure he probably would be able to take one more attack like that; but Cyrus was in no mood to test his endurance any further.

As the beams came to a rest Cyrus slowly began to push himself back up, though the pain from his chest made him settle for sitting on one knee. He narrowed his gaze upon the slime monster before him and focused on the one thing, his hate for that slime monster. "I...will. End. You," he mutter as a flurry of ice needles flew over head almost in response to his words. Cyrus sent a quick glance at their source and smiled upon spotting his fellow magic user. He swiftly drew from his pocket a magic lens and gazed through it at the creature. They had to find a way to end this fight as swiftly as possible, and hopefully this would help him find out how.

Postby Karo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 am

As the girl interfered and told him off again, Adeon turned almost purple with rage. He had never met anyone so infuriating before, even more so than himself. He grit his teeth and adjusted his grip on his knife, muttering under his breath. "Well excuse me for not being an all-knowing monster hunter! It's not like I've ever seen one of these before in my life!" He was speaking so quickly and so quietly he almost sounded like was hissing. He glared at her, outraged after she cut him, and felt the blood trickling down his cheek. Normally he would have wiped it off and sulked about it, but on top of everything else, it was just too much. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He roared at her, momentarily ignoring the giant mole. Though as he yelled, he flung his arm out sideways, accidentally throwing his knife at the mole.

Postby Ryute » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 am

(( Just a general status update for your convenience, the springs group is almost done, the ship fight is halfway done, but the mole fight is still getting started))
~Undine Springs~

The last tentacles fell thanks to Fang and Fuyu’s efforts. The Jellyfish’s center was defenseless. Cyrus’s magic lenses revealed the following information:

Name: ??? (Unregistered Virus)
HP: 100%
SP: ???

This main virus seems to be the red object in the center of the creature. Unless its defenses are removed it will not take any damage and will attempt to repair any damage taken. The clear part of its body has no weakness or strengths. When the outer body has taken enough damage it will separate into multiple jellyfish in an attempt to flee.

Name:(??? Tentacles)
HP: Very low
Attack power is high and will regenerate fast if left alone.

This information was Cyrus’ knowledge and it was up to him to share it with the others.

Fang was grateful to be healed but he was so riled up in the heat of battle that he wasn’t noticing everyone around him and ignoring a team strategy. It was like he was a totally different person. Rage building up more as he running up to the jellyfish unleashing some built up rage in a three hit combo of punches but it was going to take more damage to keep the tentacles from coming back.

~Cursed Ship~
The monster was unable to move and took the full damage from the attack. Eli landing on his back was a good idea since the monster could only attack from the front but the monster had a defense mechanism for such an occasion. Eli’s feet were starting to sink into the black body. “Don’t get so cocky knave!” The skull said as it detached from the main body turning around. It’s eight spider legs pointed towards Eli and started to try to stab Eli from all directions. “Octal Piercing!”

~Underground fight: Let’s play Whack a Mole!!~

The knife bounced off the from of the mole like he was made of earth. It merely scratched its tough skin not causing a lot of damage. Meanwhile the mole’s earth wave attack came at full force knocking them off balance due to the mole losing some concentration from the yelling. A loud noise echoing throughout the cave diverted his magic attack. The mole started to dig underground briefly showing its soft unprotected back that has his virus core on it. The mole dug underground and was heading under the duo. If he sensed their presence he would unleash a powerful sneak attack but if the thief and ninja work together it could stun the mole momentarily when he surfaces allowing an opportunity at his weakness. Whether they can put aside their bickering with their lives on the line is something to be seen soon.

Postby Bolts » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:34 am

Eli looked down and cursed to himself as he saw his feet sinking in to the beasts back. Needless to say, his mood did not improve anymore when the beast's head detached and turned to face him. "You think this is cocky? You haven't seen anything yet." he continued mouthing off in an attempt to agitate the creature further. The young pirate immediately regretted this decision when the creature's legs suddenly thrust towards him, aiming to turn him into a swash buckling shish kabob. "Oh hell...." The pirate's mind raced as the legs sped towards him. As if by instinct Eli twisted his body as best he could, trying to create a narrower target for the deadly limbs.

This sudden twist was not enough to save the good captain entirely though as four of the limbs dug into him. Two leaving violent gashes across his back, one slicing across his side, and another taking a small chunk out of his stomach. Despite these injuries though, the captain stood his ground, not that he could have fallen over with the beast taking control of his footing. "That all you got?" he cringed as he spoke, a feeble grimace making its way across his face. "Guess it's my turn then."

There was one advantage to Eli's situation. The virus's legs were well within Eli's striking range, giving him a chance to immobilize the beast. "Sword Rain." he whispered, his arm turning into a violent blur as his weapon shot out towards each of the beast's limbs, aiming mostly to remove the protective tips from the spiders limbs, rendering him unable to support his own weight without incredible pain. Once that was complete, Eli immediately set to work on freeing his feet from the quick sand-like environment he found himself in. After practically cutting himself free, Eli leapt off of the creature and back on to stable ground. The captain was now bleeding profusely whilst the spider had suffered hardly any damage at all. For once, Eli might have bitten off just a tad more than he could chew. "Come on just give up already." he growled, grasping his still bleeding side. With one last spur of strength, Eli launched his blade at the virus's skull, chasing after it as quickly as he could. The blade's hilt clattered off the creature harmlessly, serving only as a brief distraction for Eli's coup de etat. In the time it had taken the blade to fly through the air and ricochet off the beast, Eli had sprung across its body and leapt above its head, catching his blade in the process. "Just die already!!" he cried out, pointing his blade between the beast's eyes as he fell towards it.

Postby Ryute » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:10 pm

~End of the Nightmare:Fate of the Captain~

The newly fired cannonballs broke through and were enough to sink the evil ship that was trying to bring the Gull’s Cry down with it. Thanks to the efforts of his crew Eli’s acrobatic skills would not have gone to waste. The skull could do nothing as the sword completely sliced through the fragile bone. The ship and the creature were connected and fate was on Eli’s side. The spider body completely disintegrated whist the skull was starting to fade away slowly. The skull’s voice spoke once more, “Maybe if we had a captain like you we wouldn’t have had to this fate. We stole the spear of Undine and with it we were going to control the oceans and rule the world but fate was not so kind. Viruses attacked us mercilessly and they were stronger than any we had ever faced. Our captain valued his life more than his crew so he left us and the treasure to go down with the viruses in the sea. With the last of our power we will make sure you don’t drown with us using the power of Undine’s trident. Thank you…” The skull murmured as water started to rush in faster and faster. Undine’s trident glowed brightly and encased Eli in a blue light as he lost consciousness.

Awaking in an unknown location on the shore, Eli was completely healed by the magic of the trident which lay on the beach next to him. A figure approached him and muttered, “That damn virus ship! That puppet was supposed to cause a bit more havoc but oh well it served it’s purpose and cleared the seas of any interference.” Picking up the trident he continued, “This is all we really needed anyway but overwriting the virus’s code and making it work to our advantage worked just as well.” Eli was able to catch a glimpse of the figure, it was a small person but he was wearing a dark blue cloak and that was all he could tell from his state. His vision faded again but when he would come too he would appear on the beach on the island of Cyanwell which was still in quite peaceful as Eli’s ears as he peacefully slept from the lullaby of the ocean’s waves. His crew was nearing the island to retrieve their fellow captain and would arrive very shortly.

Eli completed Phase 1!
Eli leveled up and can use his next three skills.
Eli is in free time and he can use this time to buy supplies (Up to 3 items) to use in battle if he wants.
Last edited by Ryute on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Gran saw a red spot on the creature as it was attacked by Fang. Gran rushed in and attempted a 2 hit slash attack and immediately afterwards stabbed into the creature attempting to pierce the red core.

Postby Bolts » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Eli cursed as his men bombarded the ship with more canon fire. "Hey you numb skulls!! If you sink the ship I can't take it back to port with us!!" The captain's words fell on deaf ears as the boat began to sink into the abyss. Gradually thought, the young pirate's attention shifted towards the slain monster and the ever rising water. He didn't speak a word as Undine's trident, possibly the most valuable artifact in the sea, appeared and carried him off to safety. When he awoke, the trident lay next to him. Just as he reached out for it though, some figure in a blue cloak came and took it from him. "That's....mine....ass-" Sleep overcame the young pirate as his only spoil was stolen from him.

Eventually, Eli regained full consciousness, soon realizing that he was back on Cyanwell. "How the bloody hell did I ge-" Eli's speech halted as he remembered very clearly the events that had followed the battle. "Son of a bitch!!! He stole my trident!!!" The captain continued cursing up and down the beach, yelling such violent profanities that even a sailor might blush had one been there to hear them. Eventually though, the young captain's rage died as he plopped down onto the seashore. The Gull's Cry was approaching from the distance so at least he wouldn't have to walk back to the hideout. Even still, Eli couldn't help but be angry at the loss of the trident.

Postby Regalus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Cyrus growled in frustration, the scan did little to add to his original battle plan, but nonetheless he would make good on his vow. "Everyone! I probably don't have to say this, but wail on the big red thing inside it with everything you got and don't let up, the blasted thing can regenerate!" he yelled out at the top of his lungs. While he hoped that a full on attack could do some serious damage, he hoped someone would heal his wounds.

He grunted in pain as he forced himself back on his feet and pointed his rod at the creature and began his chant, causing and emerald spell circle to appear beneath him " Emerald winds gather forth and rend apart my foe, Wind Blade!" with the words spoken, the emerald circle brightly flashed and in response and emerald sphere of cutting winds manifested and engulfed the red core. The fact that the creature lacked a weakness infuriated him to know end, but he'd satiate himself with blasting the slime with everything he had.

Postby Huang Long » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:35 am

Fuyu: In battle

"I excused myself to go to the bathroom before you got to the crossroads. It told Cyrrus to let you guys know. I thought he told you.", shouted as he duck under a lazer that passed too close to his head.

Fuyu heard a very distinct "Fuck me". He looked at the end point of the lazer, hoping that it had been a near miss. Then he saw Cyrus flat on his back, his chest singed rising to one knee, using a magic lens. Then came more swearing from Cyrus as he launched a wind blade spell at the slime.

Fuyu stood up again and readied his staff.

"I call forth the shinning light of the White Star. Mend that which has been damaged! First Aid!"
A sphere of white light descended onto Cyrrus healing his wounded chest to the best of its power before fading. Then Fuyu turned his attention to the slime.
Mastery of magic is when telling time means telling time what to do.

In Honor of a true warrior: Quotes from Dinobot

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- Honor does not need to be won, but it must never be lost.

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby Bolts » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Eli had been busying himself on the shore by drawing stick figures in the sand with his hilt until the Gull's Cry had moved as close to shore as was possible. Not wanting to spend anymore time waiting, Eli dove in to the refreshing waters and swam the mild distance to his craft, where he was immediately greeted by his crew. Hank, the elderly sailor he often left in charge, helped Eli on to the deck as the young captain glanced around at the crew. "Everyone still here?" he asked, glancing at Hank. The elderly man nodded, indicating that they had suffered no casualties this time around. "Good. Gomez, Davers, since we're this close to Cyrano, you two head to town and stock up on supplies. Take only enough gold for the necessities. The rest goes in the treasury. Understood?" The two men each sighed as they lowered one of the rafts into the sea and began rowing to shore.

When the two men had departed, Eli took his place at the helm of the ship, staring down at his men beneath him. "So, who thinks today was a success?" he asked casually, still staring down at his men with something of a harsh gaze. Not one soul dared to raise his hand. "You're damn right it wasn't!! We lost a good man today and for what? A couple of coins? To hell with that!" Eli leapt from the upper deck, slamming into the wood floor below. "No one forgets this! We carry Daniel's memory with us, always!! Take out your knives!" Eli ordered, his voice adopting an angered tone as his men each drew a small knife, along with himself. "Engrave his memory!" As the captain issued his command, his men, along with himself, each drew the blade of their knife across some part of their body. Eli slid the blade across his chest, adding a seventh scar to his collection. "....Send him off boys."

By now, Eli's men had wrapped the body of Daniel in a linen blanket. Eli tucked a bottle of brandy under the cloth as Hank finished tying a cannonball to the corpse's ankles. "We commission Daniel to the embrace of the sea. May Undine watch over him, and the rest of us, until we too leave this world." Without another word, Eli himself kicked the weight over the edge, sending Daniel's body sliding over the side of the boat into the sea below. The sun was starting to set now, and the Gull's Cry had drifted quite a ways from the island of Cyrano. "Better start heading back boys."

Postby Ryute » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:58 pm

~Undine Springs: End of the Battle~

The main body was destroyed thanks to Gran and Cyrus’ efforts. The core was on it’s last leg thanks to Gran’s sword strike. Fang rushed in and finished it off with one last Demon Fist. With the core destroyed all traces of the virus vanished without a trace. Thanks to Fuyu’s efforts in healing no one remained critical after the tough battle. When the battle ended Fang’s rage dissipated and his body became weary and tired. He overexerted himself during the battle and was breathing heavily. “Wow that thing put up more of a fight than I thought it would!” he said with relief. “Well let’s head back to town…” he said before being interrupted by a voice. The voice sounded calming and the owner’s voice appeared on the water in front of the group. It was a female figure with purple hair and purple cloth around her chest and a purple skirt covering her waist. A trained spell caster would recognize immediately that she was composed entirely out of mana. She had a faint weak voice that said, “With my remaining strength I beseech you all please save the wind mana!” Fang was kind of confused he didn’t really understand magic and didn’t know what mana so he said to the others, “Wha the!? I never seen anyone like you before. Who or what are you?”

Fang’s group cleared Phase 1.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing