Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups closed-

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups closed-

Postby Zelosse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Curse of the lost-ones: The Dark tide

Humanity has heard whispers of relics of great power dwelling beneath the earths surface, changing the life below into monsters of incredible power to assure the books protection, forever hidden from the eyes of the untrained. An expedition to the underneath was staged by an exploration company paid handsomly by a private party who remained anonymous during the funding stages. A vast fortune was placed infront of the treasure seakers and off they went to the darkness below, 2 score strong and all veterans of the harshness of the world. One returned from the darkness almost six years later, his mind broken and his body was pale from the lack of sunlight, he had stumbled out of the darkness holding a book that seemed no more then a day old and collapsed a few feet from the entrance his men had took, his body still. The book dissapeared without a trace to the people who had paid the man.

The result of this took place again nearly fourty years after the man had crawled out of the cave, something known as the spell-fire wave, a massive wall of blueish magical flames danced across the world changing it in ways mortals could not realize. The spell would be later discovered as 'The unmaking.' A powerful spell that is supposedly powerful enough to destroy everything and anything on our world and the nether beyond only to be reshaped by the main caster as the one true god, he had failed and was stopped before he could finish the spell by sellswords, but the spell went off anyway.

Humanity witnessed destruction unlike any other, but it seemed to be isolated all over the world, some area's were lied to by their rulers saying it was merely a war that had scarred the land so badly. But some knew better. Wildlife has changed and evolution has progressed to unfathomable heights never thought to be seen, sentient creatures have emerged from the animal kingdom and now live in secrecy from the world. The magic still permeating the swamps of the south have Changed inhabitants in strange and powerful ways.

Factions have been raised in the darkness to assure that mortal people do not ever catch wind of the magic that was unleashed lest it try to reoccur. Any with talent for the arcane are kidnapped or killed without hesitation and any who knew of their power. Some have escaped and vowed vengeance for their families, others joined willingly to hopefully revert the damage to the world and learn of it's new and dazzling mysteries that crawl along the isolated surfaces.

In the south, the swamps of Argannor, a former king long since dead, has become a place of plagues and dark magic, held from the sight of mortal men by the lords of the surrounding area who were payed well to keep the secret from their peasants, they themselves know nothing of what happens. Dark inside the swamps a community of various creatures, human and sentient creatures alike, have formed a community know as the Plague breakers, Mage's and alchemists who dabble in anesthetics and poison control vials. All of them have developed an immunity to the poison that constantly permeates the air.

In the east there is a society of elemental beings who after learning of their affiliation with an element were sent to a vast open jungle nestled in a range of tall mountains, unscaleable to all who would try with the very earth itself preventing entrance to the unworthy. A secret tunnel has been carved throug the stream that flows underground, the elementalists command the water to simply dissapear, while air elementals give their substance to allow breathing during the trek. When the walk is done, the water reforms into the crystal clear river it once was.

In the west is those who dabble in the Arcane, all that is created by the weave of life, Summoners, healers, protection artists, illusionary callers, bards of all shades, in a village that to the ordinary eye is no more then a regular prospering city with a lord to rule and a council to make decree's. All an illusion. The city Hover's above this fake town, sustained by the magic of protection artists and the illusionary callers placing potent wards to hide and secure the levitating landscape. Miles wide and extremely prosperous, it serves as a middleground for all with magical influence. This town is known as The Arc.

Many more factions lay in the shadows of these great 3, all of them share a singular purpose. To restore life to normality and destroy the book that threatens harmony.

You are one who has been blessed with a magical power, a power caused by mutation from the spell-fire, warping your body in a way that lay dorment until an experience that unlocked your powers to their fullest potential until they were no longer needed. Soon after your experience with this, a being contacted you with bright white clothing and brilliant gold and silver armor, a hood over their head with an unnatural blackness covering their face. They gave you two options: Come with him or go to the afterlife.

Word has come that the book that caused this all has resurfaced in a human town, and it's potent magic was unleashed by one of the people who escaped the recruiters for the magic world. The town was twisted and destroyed in a matter of minutes, the bodies of the fallen stood up to shamble behind the followers of the dark book. Where they have gone, none can discover, but they are striking Random area's across the world looking for something. For someone. The lords of the great states have asked that any who wish to be rewarded in ways they cant imagine should step forward to be recruited into a growing organization known as 'the brotherhood.' A band of fighters from all states who now fight as the army of the three state's against whatever the darkness beyond is reaching for. You are not alone, countless mages/warriors and priests have stepped forward to answer the call and discover the reasons behind the dark shadow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CS

Name:

Type: Are you human, or something else that spawned from the flames.

Affiliation: What state best represents you
Elemental affiliation: Only for those of eastern jungles

Appearance:

Personality: Tell me who you are, likes/dislikes and habits. Etc.

Weaponry: If any

History:

Aquired abilities: (What has happened to you after your transformation with the spell-fire)

-----------------------
Available slots open
1. Keiran
2. Iris
3. Zath
4. Karo
5. Tragedy and Comedy
6. GnSz
Last edited by Zelosse on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Curse of the Lost-ones: Dark tide. (OOC) -signups open-

Postby Zelosse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Name: Argith Farblight

Type: Formely human

Affiliation: High apothecary of the Plague Breakers.

Appearance: Argith stands at a 6foot height, but is constantly hunched over his cane. Argith has incredibly pale skin, wrinkled and otherwise decaying. Dark green robes with brown trimming, the symbol for the plague breakers emblazoned on the shoulders, both long sleeved and slack. The plague breaker embled is what appears to be a skull made of poison with a long solid crack running down it's middle.
Soft black gloves of leather conceal his bony fingers and a wide brimmed hat with dark red lining sits atop his head. His eyes hold a dark black but with a glimmer of red pulsating in the middle.
His cane is roughly hip-length made of solid polished oak, the top handle is made of pure iron and polished to a brilliant shine, though it has all been worn down with age and use.

Personality: Secluded from the world has made him slightly untalkative, often confining himself within the laboratories he worked years to create along with his associates, he is hard to gain trust with so will often ridicule others based on appearance and past merits. The more known you are the less likely he is to dismiss you from his presence. Often looked at as a brilliant mind of vast knowledge and even battle prowess, Argith is a man of pride in all things. Striving for perfection and unification if only in the shadows. The 'face' of the plague breakers is a simple underling in plain black robes.

Weaponry: He himself is a weapon, when he focuses on his body mentally it emits a strong and pungent poison capable of eating the flesh from any who wander too close, and looking into his eyes causes involuntary vomiting and extreme nausia to all but the hardiest of fighters.

History: Born to a small family near the swamps he now calls home, Argith was raised to be a medicinal expert along with his family. He took on quickly and at the age of 15 became one of the most renowned elixer masters of the world. His secret was the herbs growing within the swamps, they contained far more rich nutrients in them for any concoction he made, and kept a secret catalogue for future reference when he needed the right alchemic mixture to cure or treat an ailment. The time in the swamp was incredibly hazardous to his health thanks to the rot and disease that festered in the place.

When the spellfire ravaged the earth he was caught in the swamps and his body altered to inhale the disease and make it a part of his own body, unfortunately he gained a very frail body but tremendous poison power. Any who came too close were killed by his disease so he worked for a year to create a mixture potent enough to vanquish the disease, instead it gave him control over it like a light switch. From that day he created the plague breaker society to fight against mutagins and other such volatile chemicals hoping to free the world of biological warfare.

-------------------------------

Name: Orma Felkin

Type: Human

Affiliation: Warchief of the Eastern Jungles.
Elemental affiliation: All

Appearance: Orma stands at a firm 5 foot 6 with a lean but well built body. His gauntlets are plate armor with soft leather grips for the fingers, fur bracers below. He wears a single shoulderpad on his right tied to his belt with a leather strap of black, his belt is similar with gold and red jaws as his belt buckle, aflame with unknown rage. He wears 2 thigh plates over his cloth breeches, and a long part of a robe extends to knee-length in the front, the back jets out to connect just above his hip plates and connects in the middle. His greaves reach to his knees, strong and firm with fur padding. His helmet is a simple but effective full-cover helmet with a T visor, the mouth-portion can become closed off.

Personality: Orma is strong and honorable, fair in judgement and wise in all things. Looked upon by his disciples as a battle god, but he is nothing of the sort. Holding honor above all else, he will rarely fight dirty, the rare situations he does is from the injustice of an opponent. Cheating etc etc.
Quick to a fight and quicker to accept a challenge, he stands confident and proud to be called the leader of the Jungles.

Weaponry: Twin sabers of dark black.

History: Orma was born in the jungles before the spellplague, near his 15th birthday an isolated attack of the Spellplague, a warning if you will, occured and warped his body into what it is now. Spending close to 20 years perfecting his newfound skills and controlling his inner rage, the young Orma went on to raise an army of barbarian/nomads who roamed the jungles. No caravan that entered unpermitted was ever surfaced despite massive search teams.

After 25 years of his life since the spellplague, he was bested in a duel by a mysterious magician who spared his life and his people. He did not accept the reward for winning the duel but instead made an offer to Orma and his clan, of unity. Orma accepted when he heard he was a keeper of peace and all that was good in man.

Aquired abilities: Rock hard skin, incapable of being cut by any but a monster of inhuman strength.
Orma was cursed with an insatiable bloodlust, the more he fights the more his eyes blur to who he fights. All become enemies, only through self-meditation and training has he learned to control it for good.
Last edited by Zelosse on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:52 pm

I think this is the same as my first RP here.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Might be. I've hosted it twice now.

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Found it! I was pretty bad at making CS's back then. I cringe when I look back on it.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Oh yeahhh...I liked this when it was going, reserved.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm

... That avatar freaks me out, Quinn.

RESERVED btw, I'm in.

Name: Cain/Kane Chalfon

Type: Human with Severe DID

Affiliation: West

Elemental affiliation:

Appearance: Cain/Kane is short for his age and a bit thin, but not horrifically so. He has fluffy, jaw-length strawberry blonde hair and is missing his right front tooth. His eyes change from baby blue (Cain) to a vibrant green (Kane) and he is slightly near-sighted, causing him to need a small set of glasses, which are spelled to stay attached to his nose unless he removes them himself. He has a dark scar down the center of his face from when he was a baby.

Each boy prefers different clothing, though Cain just wears what Kane likes underneath the cloak he likes. Kane like his semi-tight bondage pants and black sweater. When Cain is the dominant mind he wears a whitecloak over top.

Personality: Cain is timid and quiet, but quite friendly. He is a playful child whom loves to help. Being in the dark scares him, remnants from his parents’ murder and he likes feeling warm. He knows that Kane exists and he can switch to Kane at any time. He is the dominate persona

Kane is near silent, and he watches others with suspicion, wary of what happened to his parents, no wanting to be caught the same way. He is far more cruel than Cain, willing to hurt others if it will keep him safe. He is afraid of wide open spaces and often this will trigger him to switch back to Cain. Otherwise, he will switch when tired or, strangely, when shown affection. Kane has no idea that Cain exists, but his persona is trained to ignore the blackouts, he is mentally eight instead of eleven like Cain.

Weaponry: Cain uses a three foot long whip when he needs to and Kane has a warhammer with a three foot handle. The whip has a bladed tip and the hammer is enchanted to feel light in the hand of the one that blooded it.

History: Cain was born to a kind couple, and he was loved like any little boy should be. But his parents were in debt, so there wasn’t much money. When Cain was three, a large man came into the house. The man killed his parents, making them watch him cut into their little boy’s face first. Cain couldn’t handle the stress of it and his mind snapped, creating Kane.

Kane can remember the man stroking his cheek with the cold blade of the knife he used to slit his parent’s throats and slice down his face. The man was cooing, saying that Kane was such a good boy, that Kane would come with him and he would care for Kane. Kane snapped. A few days later he was taken to an orphanages, three bodies being burned outside his house.

At the orphanage, children avoided Cain/Kane, which they felt was fine. Cain just wanted to read and hopefully be adopted. Kane didn’t want anyone near, they could hurt him, if he didn’t care no one could hurt him. Love was useless to Kane.

A few years later the wave hit and Cain/Kane was brought to the floating city Arc. Now he has been recruited, after all, what adventuring party doesn’t have a healer?

Aquired abilities: Cain is a healer, each day learning more through study of Anatomy.
Kane is an Illusionist with minor abilities with wards.
Last edited by Keiran on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Tell Trag, she was in this one before.

And I know. >:)
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Will do Quinny.

Fenix, your GMing was influenial for me joining RP, thanks Buddy.

Postby Zelosse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:14 pm

My pleasure.

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:30 pm

It is finished and in my RESERVE spot.

Postby Zath » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Hmm... maybe I'll dig through my old CSes to see if there's anyone I feel like bringing back.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:12 pm

I might join
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Keiran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 pm

WOOT!

Postby Karo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Spot reserved.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Zelosse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:01 am

Oh byyyyyy the way, there will only be 6 spots. It's more manageable that way.

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:44 am

Well, that's five.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 pm

just 6...well if we get Trag, then that's at four reliable RPers in.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Are we including Fenix in the players part?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Nah.

Also, I'll let you lot all try and figure out who I meant, Tragedy is also in the running.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Trag, me, you, Karo, Zath and... who?

Postby Zelosse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Yea I'm not on the list. The reserved is for the arc leader.

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:42 pm

... Your leader characters?

What do you think of Cain/Kane?

Postby Zelosse » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:47 pm

-shrug- I haven't looked.

Postby Keiran » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:50 pm

... Oh.

Next

Return to Role Playing