COR: The Dark Ages OOC Sign-ups are CLOSED Carnivals are fun

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: COR: The Dark Ages OOC Sign-ups are TEMPORARILY RE-OPEN

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:42 pm

It's a boat. What.
For the Greater Good

Postby sam4books » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 pm

I might remake it later.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Awesome flags, though.

A suggestion for the last one: Maybe a stalk of wheat or two would work better?
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:51 pm

Possibly.

Yeah, like a golden wheat, same stripe pattern, different colors.

...Yeah, that'll work. Thanks Doc!
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:52 pm

You're welcome :)
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:54 pm

*salutes* All hail the Mother Tree of Faelee

Postby sam4books » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 pm

That's the idea :)

EDIT:

Much better don't ya think?

In passing

Postby Akaine » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:45 pm

I really like the flags in general :D
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby sam4books » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Thanks Akaine :D

Unfortunately I just realized I forgot about poor Zorron :(
In passing

Postby Akaine » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:49 pm

Oh...I didn't miss it >:F Sorry Zorron, I feel bad now XD
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 am

It's my fault actually. Always seem to forget the poor guys :/
In passing

Postby Nyvyan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm not entirely sure if this fits in with the concept of your RP but here goes

Name: Razzim Dufay

Race: Man-Kin

Nationality: Gypsy Blood. Family have long since cast off their original nations having a long line of gypsy heritage.

Standing: For the Mekian empire. At least for one purpose that he cares about.

Profession: Thief/ criminal

Appearance: Standing at just five and a half foot tall, with a not particularly muscular physique Razzim doesn’t make for an intimidating sight. He should be fairly handsome, strong jaw line, charming smile, beaming dark green eyes, unkempt dirty blond hair falling to his shoulders giving him a ruggish look. I say ‘should’ be handsome. Razzim would be, and indeed was considered so but not anymore. His skin is almost grey in complexion, giving him a very unhealthy appearance. Perhaps unconnected, perhaps not but wherever this man walks a soft smell of earth follows him. Apart from this striking difference his only other noticeable feature is a small scar on the right hand side of his upper lip that stands a clear white against the grey of his skin.

Clothing wise Razzim wears the clothes of his tribe, grey woollen trousers, a fancy white shirt and a tatty brown thin leather suede style jacket. He also wears a red neckerchief and black gloves. Oh and brown walking boots.

Weapons/Equipment:
-Suede satchel bag
-Backpack with bedroll, small cooking pot, stand for said pot, spare clothes, wash kit.
-Trusty crow bar (his only weapon)
-Lock pick set
-Wallet with 8 taylors (stolen)

Personality: Razzim used to be your typical young lad. Reckless, fun loving, going on ‘wild’ adventures with his friends, using his looks and charming smile to woo any women he met. Razzim was a real ‘jack the lad’ by every meaning of the word. He was always so cheerful and happy. Hey, when you could impress any girl you want by putting a seed in your hand and turning it into a rose before her very eyes who wouldn’t be?

Things changed after the ‘incident’. Since that day Razzim has been forced to a life he never knew possible. Stealing, living off the streets, scaring, even hurting people in order to survive. Because of what he has become Razzim is reluctant to become involved with people on a social level, fear to touch them or for them to even see his unhealthy skin. Below that reluctance the man of his past still remains, just waiting for someone to break past that barrier and welcome him into their life.
Then of course, there’s his thirst for revenge. That is after all, his reason for living. Make that Bludist sect pay for what they did to him. Make Xephamor pay for using him like some mindless beast. They ruined his life. It’s only fair he did the same.

Magick: Initially elemental. Now sorta arcane. Due to the experiments by the Bludist sect Razzim’s initial affinity for nature that arose from his gypsy heritage has been
corrupted.

-Touch of decay: Where once his touch would have brought life and perhaps have been developed to heal now it can only destroy. Whenever his hand touches a living thing it starts to infect it with poison and disease. A flower will wither and die within a matter of moments. For humans the effect is far less noticeable. The average person will not feel the effects immediately but holding onto them for a couple of minutes will start to leave them feeling weak and sickened. Prolonged exposure to his touch will worsen the effect, leading to symptoms just as vomiting, coughing up blood, skin paling as blood flow is lessened. Eventually (after say.... 10 minutes?) The contact will result in unconsciousness in which death will soon follow from further contact. Recovery from this illness takes a number of hours equal to the number of minutes of contact they had with Razzim (give or take)

-Harrowing Fire: Somehow the experiments performed on Razzim have allowed him to create fire in his hands and manipulate it, allowing him to produce bursts of flame. This fire is unusual in the sense that it will only burn organic materials but at a faster rate than that of normal fire. The fire also burns white.

-Corpse eater: By laying his hands on a corpse Razzim can cause the remaining flesh to decay away prematurely. By doing this he can heal any wounds he has and can prolong potentially dangerous effects such as poisons, starvation or thirst.

Hobbies: Hobbies? What is a criminal freak show that can’t touch people meant to do with his time? On a side note he is rather fond of coin tricks.

History: Razzim was born to a gypsy tribe, just another son to a long line of the nomad group. Life there was wonderful. Razzim was content, he had everything, popularity, charm, some kick ass plant growing power that meant the ladies (and less importantly his own tribe) love and respect him. However travelling near Xephamor he was using his powers to charm some local tail when he attracted the wrong sort of attention. In the following few days he was taken from his tribe in the dead of night. He can’t remember how or what happened to them. He hasn’t seen them since.

The Bludist sect that has taken him did terrible things to him with their dark magicks. All Razim could tell was that they wanted what he had, wanted to adapt it. He didn’t know and didn’t care. He was angry and scared.

One day they opened his cell and threw in a young woman. He knew her, from his tribe. He tried to talk to her but that wasn’t part of the plan. The Bludist’s used their magick to make him lay his hands on her head. He couldn’t understand why but hell, what harm could it do. So he didn’t resist, placed his hands firmly on her forhead while talking to her, asking her about the tribe, what she remembered, assuring her she would be ok. After a few minute he noticed she was starting to seem ill. He didn’t notice it before. After a few more minutes she didn’t look well at all. She started vomiting, coughing up blood. Her breath was coming out in rasping wheezes. Razzim tried to remove his hands from her but their magick prevented him. He watched as whatever illness she had took her before his eyes. Watched as her corpse decayed faster than he had ever thought possible before him. This happened again and again, every day a new member of his tribe died under his palm. And then the fire started burning. It is safe to say t hat the fire was not predicted by the Bludists and their lack of preparation enabled him to escape.

Razzim had to become a criminal. He could no longer be the man he once was. He couldn’t touch anyone, anything that was alive. And he looked... dead. He had to stay below the radar, out of their reach until he could take his revenge. Where could he go to escape the reaches of the Xephamor Bludists? That answer was easy. The one place they wouldn’t go. Mek.

Theme: Dissapear- Bullet For My Valentine
Fenix13- Now see, that is a prime example of how people in other RP's should be. Bravo Nyvyan, You are the shining symbol of what awesome should be.- Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Ooh. That's interesting. Very interesting.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes, and the funny thing about his powers is that the Bludists aren't the only ones who will be interested in them I assure you. *laughs maniacally*

Don't worry Nyv, the concept fits perfectly.

In fact, I have a very special place for him in the story <_< >_>

What say you, Bludist priest?

In passing

Postby Nyvyan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Ooh. That's interesting. Very interesting.

I like to keep things original :P

Wow Sam... wow

That is by far the most unique approval I've had yet :grin:

soooooo do I get an intro post or do you want me to just jump straight in?
Fenix13- Now see, that is a prime example of how people in other RP's should be. Bravo Nyvyan, You are the shining symbol of what awesome should be.- Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

Postby sam4books » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:12 pm

It was used in an old RP, but I felt you deserved it for mentioning the Bludists.

And yeah, you can jump in at any moment ;D
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm still struggling through reading the IC, Lol.
Time Lady

Postby Nyvyan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Excellent and I shall do.... tomorrow. It is far too late at night/ early in the morning for me to be writing an introduction post :P

And with that, I bid you good night

Postby sam4books » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm

I love how some of you are trying to avoid objects of danger yet you'll eventually have to face it anyways xD
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Avoid? I don't remember leon avoiding such wonderful things.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Not you MM, I know you look forward to this. I'm talking about Cheesy, Acktoo, and Soul.

In any case, this is Rathya in a nutshell.
In passing

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 pm

sam4books wrote:Not you MM, I know you look forward to this. I'm talking about Cheesy, Acktoo, and Soul.

Who says I'm avoiding it? I'm just trying to give my character the best chance he can going into there. You said it yourself that details were key in this RP, and Jeggred's trying to figure out as much as he can before he goes there.

If someone said you get a million dollars if you sign here, I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't just go "ok" they'd read the thing and ask the person a bunch of questions to make sure it isn't a scam. Just like Jeggred is doing now.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby sam4books » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:00 pm

And I'll be honest, when it comes to the lower levels details will be as vague as possible ;D

When you finally get there only then will you discover the true horrors of Mek! <insert maniacal laughter here>

But really, I'm glad it's this way, it makes it easier for me to give you guys a thrill and develop Meka more when it is only like almost six (give or take) months old, and was only created because of this song.

EVERYTHING FLOATS.   
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Hehe, I love that song. Thanks, I've now got it stuck in my head :P
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:11 pm

If it could be Mek's national anthem it would be. Everything about Mek can be referred to that song.
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing