Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds IC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds IC

Postby Geomancer » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:30 pm

*Nexus's Center*

A figure clad in white looked up. "Sis, people are coming. Quite a few, in fact. Would you like me to do anything?" A woman responded "Make sure they come in near each other. Also, use your powers to cause them to come in at the same times. I want to see how they will react to this place and to each other. Will they realize who they are or will they think they are the ones responsible? These ones are the special ones that will be able to harness the power of our new world. I'd like to see how they do it." The man nodded and a huge bubble appeared in front of him, filled with several smaller bubbles. He moved the smaller bubbles around, then popped the larger one. The woman smiled and said "So let the contest begin. Who will win, us or the heroes of the worlds?"

*In a forest*

The forest three of the heroes would arrive in was full of life. No, more like it was bursting with life. Some of the trees were covered in arcane symbols. They were so full of life that their upper branches almost completely blocked out the sun, leaving the heroes in near darkness. The three heroes in question were forced through the portals, almost sending them flying. The first was a female thief. Her portal almost sent her flying into a tree. The second was a moogle who found that the airship had not followed him through the portal and left him a good distance above the forest. Fortunately, the trees provided somewhat of a soft landing. When he fell through, he fell onto a bed of moss which cushioned the fall. It still really hurt, though. The third was a Blitzball player who did not have any problems, compared to the others.

*On a plateau*

Two portals opened on the surface on the plateau. The third opened far above the surface. The third was a huge airship which was damaged from the transfer. It hit the arid ground near the plateau and carved a deep gash in the ground. Eight figures started to emerge from the crash but suddenly they were enveloped by orbs of light. They all went separate ways. Only one headed for the other two portals. It deposited a little black mage. Before this happened, the first two had disgorged their parcels. The first one to come through was a strange looking doll. The second with a frayed, red cloak and a strange gun. Shadows passed over them and they looked up to see huge, floating islands passing over them.

*Plains*

Three more portals opened up and forced their occupants through in a manner that would cause them to face each other. Only one of the three was human. He had several weapons with them. The second was a ghoulish figure whose face was half hidden by a scarf. The last was a... frog? Well, a humanoid that looked like a frog in any case. It was dark where they were. Looking up, one of the floating islands was positioned over them but was not moving at all.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds IC

Postby Karo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:25 am

~Forest: Adelle~

Just as she was the first to come flying out of a portal, Adelle was the first to begin stirring after her rather rough landing. Though she had missed being plastered into a tree, she had flown several feet and skidded in the dirt before coming to a complete stop in a rather jumbled heap. After a moment, she groaned and sat up, rubbing her head and picking a few twigs out of her lilac hair. "Owwww.... Whoever's in charge of creating portals around here has really bad aim." She got up and brushed herself off, her golden eyes quickly scanning her belongings to make sure nothing was missing. It was only when she was satisfied that everything was in it's place that she began to look around. When she saw two other bodies lying in the wood, she put a hand on her knife, and ducked back behind a tree. One looked like a very large hume, and the other was a moogle, but one could never be too careful around people that were not yet known to be friend or foe.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Archrival » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:55 am

Raziel landed with a dull thud. "Well that was unexpected, usually when I step through a portal it's usually into the spirit realm as that's where I last was but it seems I'm fully physical here" Raziel then gagged, the smell of this world made him want to wretch, it smelt unearthly and clean, something he was not used to having spent most of his 'life' either in the rotting underworld of the spirit realm or in the blood soaked world on Kain and the other vampires. He looked at his location, the earth was dry and dusty and he didn't seem to be alone, opposite was a human, and nearby was well....He'd seen frogs before but none as big as this, he wondered what it's soul would taste like. Maybe like gumbo.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Huang Long » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Plains: Firion

Firion was tired as it was only moments ago that he and the other 10 champions of Cosmos finished the fight against Chaos and he yearned to returned home, to Fynn. There he would take much needed rest and share with Guy, Maria and the others, his experiences with the other 10 champions of Cosmos, his new dream and of the Goddess of Harmony. The trial they faced, seeing they fated enemies and their respective victories had changed them all for the better. However instead of well-deserved rest and familiar faces, a new challenge reared it head. As he faded from Cosmos's world, his crystal shard shined as it tried to protect him from the sudden shock. His trajectory had been altered forcibly.

"What is going on?", he thought until his body was racked by the energy the the shard had been unable to fully block. Then came the blinding light. Now he stood in a plain, weakened by the strain of travel. In front of him now lay a most curious sight. It seems that what ever had summoned him here had also brought to others with him. One seemed to be some manner of undead being, who apparently was suffering from a case of nausea, while the other was a humanoid looking frog, who carried himself in a manner befitting a knight.

"Do either of you know where we are?, spoke the young weapon master hoping that they had some clues as to the nature of their location.
Mastery of magic is when telling time means telling time what to do.

In Honor of a true warrior: Quotes from Dinobot

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- Honor does not need to be won, but it must never be lost.

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby Sentios » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:01 pm

*Plateau*

This was an unexpected turn of events, the road had not led Geno to an enemy stronghold. Instead it lead to a foreign landscape, in a completely unfamiliar world. As far as he could see there was nothing that immediately looked like where he should be heading. Although before long he noticed a massive hunk of metal smashed into the ground, a safe distance away though close enough for the impact to be felt. With that he also noticed he wasn't alone anymore, if he had been at all before; a short, brightly dressed individual and a much taller, more raggedly dressed one were here as well. Taking a step backwards his leg bent the wrong way, not at all a problem for a doll but at the same time not allowing him to remain upright either. With a clatter he tumbled over backwards, now would be a terrible time to get into a battle it seemed as he clattered some more trying to right himself feeling very much like a puppeteer rather than a possessed doll.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Ryute » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:56 pm

~Montblanc: In the Dark Forest~

“AAAAAAAHHHHH!” he screamed as he fell off the airship and into a portal suddenly appearing over a forest. The scream continued as he crashed into the trees, the branches slowing down his fall while adding to the pain. When he finally landed on a bed of moss he was knocked out. Seeing stars and drooling a bit he laughed and yelled out a muffled, “Marche… is that... you... old friend? What are you doing here kupo? Hehehe!” Shaking his head he got up still a bit dizzy and picked up his staff that was lying on the ground. His other knives and supplies were safe inside his belt pouch. He then proceeded to fix his pom pom getting the leaves out of it and the rest of his fur. The moogle then saw two humes, one male and one female but it was hard to make out the details due to the trees blocking the light. Rubbing his head still hurting from the fall he said to the two humes, “Oww…that was a nasty fall I had kupo...Do you two have any idea where we are kupo? I was on an airship heading for Rabanastre you see and I ended up falling and landing here kupo…” As he said this he ears drooped down a bit, saddened due to falling off an airship and arriving in an unknown place.

Postby Zath » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am

{ Wakka - Where are we, ya? }

Wakka was forced through the portal, and came out stumbling. He caught himself before falling down though. He looked around, trying to gather his surroundings. "Oh... dis a lot different from Besaid, ya..." He said still looking around. "Kinda reminds me of Macalania Forest, ya?" He said, his hand in his chin, nodding, clearly talking to himself. He looked around to his more immediate surroundings, and noticed a girl hiding behind a tree. And then he saw a small mouse... thing. "Hey... you a mouse, how are you talking, ya?" He said, scratching the back of his neck. He then looked over to the girl hiding behind the tree. "Hey, we not gonna bite, so you can come on out, ya?"

Postby Karo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:42 am

Adelle peeked out from behind her tree as she heard a very familiar squeaky chirp. "Montblanc, is that you?" She leaned further out, until she could see the moogle, looking for and finding the familiar orange hair, orange pom and cream fur, just like his little brother Hurdy.

Then the orange-haired monster of a man spotted and spoke to her. She paused for a moment, collecting herself, and allowing her golden eyes to lock onto the head-and-a-half taller man with apparent fearlessness. "I'm not hiding, and I'm not afraid of you. It's just smart to observe until you know who is friend and who is foe, especially in an unknown location." Adelle's tone was even and cool, she spoke from lots of experience. She never made her presence known until she had thoroughly observed who it was she was going to be dealing with first. And such cautiousness had saved her from many a hairy situation, until she met Luso. That crazy boy rushed headfirst into everything, no matter the consequences. After spending so much time with him, she missed that rashness.

She strode out into the open, standing before the man, her eyes barely reaching the top of his weird shirt... thing, her cat-ear hair bow adding three inches to the top of her head. She had no idea where she was, or if anyone she knew other than Montblanc was there, but she was not going to let her fear show in front of a stranger. No, she would stand tall (though her two inch boots were making her stand a little bit taller) and draw his attention, so that Montblanc could gain his bearings. He still seemed a little confused, after all.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Soul » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 pm

The time gate opened quickly, faster than it normal would have, causing Frog to drop to a knee as he entered the plains. His back was to the other two who had joined him. With a groan Frog looked at his surroundings, "What time have I been sent to? Or is this even the same world?" he said aloud, not realizing there were people behind him.

Frog shook his head as he stood up letting out a groan. He turned slowly to looking for some kind of village. First he saw Firion and then saw Raziel, who caused him to take a step back and put his hand on the hilt of the Masamune. "Nay, I do not know, lad, but what about you?" Frog said, staring at Raziel, "Be you friend or foe?"

He stared at Raziel for a while as he loosened his grip on the legendary blade, ready to unsheathe the weapon if necessary, but open to the possibility that the ghoulish figure before him may be passive. "Are you another of Queen Zeal's creations that escaped us in the Black Omen?"

Postby Archrival » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Raziel cracked his neck an glared at Frog. "I do not know of whom you speak but if you fight for the greater good then so do I, my appearance was not of my choosing but allowed me to overcome those who fought for tyranny and destruction. Even if the side effects of my form require energy from a less than wholesome source" Raziel pulled down his scarf to reveal his jawless fanged mouth then pulled it back up again. "I am Raziel, wraith of the spirit world, former agent of the Elder God, nemisis of Kain the vampire king, and devourer of souls. Who might you be green one?" Raziel then summoned the ethreal Wraith Blade to his side, it flickered slightly into existance then vanished. Raziel looked at the hand that it had been summoned to stunned. The Wraith Blade had never let him down before, whatever this world was it had severely drained him of his abilities. He would need to feast to regain his strength.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:18 pm

Vincent opened his eyes, pain coursing through his veins, the Protomateria once again overcoming the Chaos.Ouch. He slowly stood and looked around, silently. This was not a familiar place, it did not appear to even be part of Gaia and the air felt different. There was a rather large groove in the ground nearby and a small black mage not far from him. He walked forward, silent despite his boots and picked up the strange doll that was struggling with his clawed-gauntlet hand. Why would Hojo make something like this? he wondered, holding it to his face to look at it. “What are you?” he muttered, more to himself than the doll.

Postby Ryute » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:54 pm

~Montblanc: Who are you calling a mouse?~

Tell Me, Montblanc! (Theme of Montblanc)

If this was an anime anger marks would be appearing on Montblanc’s head, the anger knocking out his confusion. Flapping his wings together he flew up towards the tall hume’s face and said, “How rude kupo! Can’t you tell I’m from the moogle tribe? I can’t believe there are humes out there who don’t know about other races kupo. Well I take that back there are some humes who are like tha kupot…” he sighed referring primarily to Marche who called two Bangaas lizards when they first met. “My name is Montblanc, and you should never ever ever ever ever call a moogle a mouse kupo! I know some moogles who would think those are fighting words wouldn’t hesitate to attack you kupo.” His wings getting tired he landed next to Adele.

“Adele the Cat is that you kupo? How have you been? Do you know how Hurdy is doing I haven’t seen him in a while kupo! I’m so glad to see you kupo! ” He jumped for joy smiling happy that someone he knew was with him. Then he paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. “So I’m guessing you went into one of those rifts too huh kupo? I think we should first find some civilization since this place is very dark and creepy kupo. We should leave before any monsters try to engage us kupo! The moogle said thinking rationally. He wasn’t the former leader of Clan Centurio for nothing.

Postby Sentios » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:36 pm

*Plateau*

"Unhand me if you would. This is disorienting enough without hanging here." Geno protested, though he didn't struggle against the hand holding him. Rather instead he used the opportunity to attempt to get a feel for his own legs again, swinging them lightly back and forth. He could only figure that the journey had left him vastly weakened or that perhaps the magical drain was beginning to affect him directly outside the protection of his home. Either way this only meant that he would need gather strength to complete his mission, and quickly before he was no longer able.
Last edited by Sentios on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Huang Long » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Hearing the frog knight's response dissipated the hope that any clues where to be found in among them. He also was glad to hear that despite his appearance, Raziel seem to be an agent for the cause of good. Though his time with Cecil had removed the preconception that all who wielded dark powers were evil.

"Sadly, Frog Knight, I'm as lost as you and Raziel are. Though since Raziel was kind enough to introduce himself, i will follow his example. My name is Firion of Fynn, weapon master, one of the liberator of Palakia, former member of the Wild Rose Revolution and one of the 11 remaining champions of Cosmos, the Goddess of Harmony. I would also be your friend if you will have me."

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:13 am

A huge bang, the sound of earth being torn apart, a final jolting stop as the ship met with harder rock... Vivi surprisingly managed to hold on through their crash landing, getting off with his friends he unfortunately tripping on the edge of the ship... falling flat on his face just as a bright flash of light appeared around him. Frowning slightly he lifted his head looking around spotting a scary looking man in a big red cloak and... some kind of doll in his hands... more importantly however he couldn’t spot any of his friends “Zidane..? Mr Steiner...? Where’d you guys go?” there was something else he just noticed that was peculiar... the Invincible had also vanished, did he just imagine managing to hang on?

With sad eyes he stood up twisting about trying to spot any of the friends he knew... or at least the ship? Yet all he could see was miles of rock and stone as far as he could see... in every direction as the little black mage noted the floating islands. “Come on... Dagger? Anyone..?” Vivi could only see the two he first spotted... the scary red guy and the odd doll... those weren’t really people he wanted to go near to yet he was kind of without any other options... “...Um... excuse me... where is this?” He nervously addressed the two keeping far enough away to run... or fight... if needed.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Keiran » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 am

Vincent blinked and put the doll down, raising his eyebrow at it and turned to the dark mage. “I do not know where we are, Mage,” he said blankly, “I only know that this is not the world I am originally from, it feels very different.” He looked down at them and idly wondered why he was the tallest person here.

Postby Soul » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 pm

"I am called Frog," He said releasing his hand off of the Masamune's hilt and stood up. "I am a knight of the Guardia kingdom who was cursed by the King of Mystics known as Magus into this form. I have recently finished a time spanning quest to save the Guardia kingdom from an alien entity known as Lavos." He looked between the two of them studying each of them carefully.

"A revolutionary and a cursed creature much like myself." Frog asked staring at Raziel, after the wraith-blade failed to form,"Another set of interesting companions. Sir Firion, Sir Raziel, 'tis an honor to meet you both." He gave the two of them a quick bow before speaking again. "Shall we remove ourselves from this desolate plain?"

Postby Zath » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 pm

{ Wakka - Sorry, brudda... }

Wakka rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I didn't mean you were afraid, ya? I'd be cautious about someone I'd neva met either while in a place I don't know without any friends nearby, ya?" He said, smiling. "But it looks like we're gonna have to work togetha to get out of wherever we are, so we should make friendly, ya?"

Wakka felt bad about how he made the... moogle, was it? Yeah, moogle. He felt bad about making it angry. "Sorry brudda, I didn't mean any offense. It's just we don't got a race like you on Spira, ya..." He rubbed his chin in though. "Though Lulu does carry around a toy that looks like you, ya?" He shook his head. "Ah well, let's start over brudda, I'm Wakka, captain of da Besaid Aurochs!" He said, offering his hand to the Moogle.

Postby ViviGlow » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Vivi looked very clearly disappointed that this creepy guy didn’t know where they were either, drooping his head making the tip of his hat flap forward. “Awh...” The boy sighed and looked around at the rocky area they were in “...Um...my name is Vivi... have you seen any of my friends...? There’s Zidane... he’s got a tail... and Mr Steiner, he’s always in armor...”
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Huang Long » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:40 pm

"Then we are in agreement, assuming Raziel has no objection to this. Fortunately, I have keep a memento of a friend, which would serve us splendidly now."

Pointing at the ring he wore, " This ring belonged to the late prince Scott, the would-be husband of the leader of the Wild Rose Rebelllion, Princess Hilda. His death brought her great saddness. She felt i should keep the ring since my bravery reminded her of her beloved one. However, that isn't the important point. The important point lies in that this ring is capable of generating a map of the world it's currently on. Assuming it still works after my arrival here, we can use it to find our bearings."

Postby Ryute » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 pm

~Dark Forest: Montblanc~

Montblanc lend his paw to Wakka his hand a lot bigger than his paw. He heard that some girls are so obsessed with moogles that they make dolls out of them. “Nice to meet ya kupo!” This guy must know some other wierdos like he is, Montblanc thought. After shaking paws he wondered and said, “Hmm I never heard of the Besaid Auroch clan… did you just make the clan recently kupo? Also what the heck is a Spira kupo!?” Montblanc said still confused at the situation. He had a bad feeling there was something bigger going on here. The moogle wondered whether Wakka came from the world where Marche came from since that world doesn’t have moogles. "By any chance do you know a young blond boy named Marche kupo?" The moogle asked.

Postby Karo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 am

Adelle glanced back at Montblanc, and sighed as she looked down to the groundd. "I don't know how Hurdy is doing. I left the clan not long after you left for Rabanastre. I went to see Lezaford, to find out if there was some way to visit Luso. So I was investigating why the magic was suddenly disappearing, thinking it might lead me to Luso..." She looked back up as the large man introduced himself as a captain of some sort. "I don't think he's talking about a clan, Montblanc. Your friend Marche and Luso both came from a different world, so the case is likely the same here. I doubt we're in Ivalice anymore as well, this forest isn't anything like the forests back home." She looked around at the trees, her golden eyes narrowing. After a few moments of silence, watching for signs of movement in the gloom between the trees, she looked back at the big man, Wakka. "I'm Adellaide. Everyone calls me Adelle though. So I'd prefer you did so as well." Adelle glared up at him, making it obvious that she wasn't going to trust him just yet, no matter how friendly he was.

Postby Sentios » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm

*Plateau*

Geno managed to stay on his feet this time, perhaps getting a bit more used to the odd foreboding feeling present in his wooden body. He took a few awkward step away from the group before plopping down on his face, however that seemed to do the trick and he had no problem getting back up after shaking his head for a moment. "I do not know where we are either I'm afraid, nor where your friends might be."

"So tell me, why have you two come here? Might it be related to the drain?" He asked the pair, while he couldn't know if they even knew about the phenomenon he could be certain that the two were, like him, not from this place. He was hoping to confirm if this place was indeed connected to his mission, rather than just having accidentally entered a different world.
Last edited by Sentios on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keiran » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:39 pm

“I do not know why we are here, nor do I understand what you mean by drain,” said the tall man calmly, “But we are. This is into our worlds, and it is likely we are from different worlds. Thus we must find a way back and to the correct worlds.” He looked at them both and sighed. “What are you?”

Postby Geomancer » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:55 pm

A largish orb appears above each of the groups. They flicker for a few moments before revealing a distorted image. A face, parts of it bulging because of the distortion, looked down at all of them. It was an apparently human face. The owner of the face was a beautiful woman with long red. There was one incredibly bizarre thing: she had a large, ruby orb seemingly implanted into her forehead. "Hello there, everyone. This is your new ruler speaking. I am Lorine, one of the ten people who created this world. Now, I know some of you might be upset about the fact that your worlds will be absorbed and I understand that. You may make your complaints at any of the ten towers that are in this world. There is one of us at each tower. However, we are not going to let a rebellion take place without any reaction so forces will be set against you. If you are captured, you will be added to our forces. To be fair, if you manage to defeat one of our captured warriors, we will release them. Now, a few of your companions have been captured already. You will be meeting them shortly." The bubble then popped.

*In the eleventh tower*

Lorine looked at the one who had moved the heroes in the first place. "Send them in." The man tapped his finger against an orb set in the side of his right arm. "We don't really have the power right now." Lorine waved a hand dismissively "Then drain an island." The man rolled his eyes and created his large bubble again.

*Above Raziel, Frog, and Firion*

Above them, the sky island seemed to grow transparent before breaking apart and turning into motes of light. Some of the motes came together above them but most of them headed off to two different locations.

*Above each group*

Motes of lights arrived to form a portal above each group. A lance shot out of each portal to bury itself in the ground in the middle of the trios. After a few moments, a figure followed, falling from a great height but landing as if they had just gone down a minor step. The figure then grasped the lance, pulled it out, and assumed a fighting stance.

The figures were blurred at first but their forms became clear.

Vivi's group was fighting a female being in red, metal armor. She had clawed feet, thin legs, and a kind of rat tail. An orb was set into the back of her left leg.

Wakka's group was to fight a huge being. The being had blue skin and a horn. It looked incredibly fierce and a gem was implanted just above the horn.

Raziel's group had a thin, human woman to fight. Well, they assumed she was thin. She was clad in plate mail with dragon motifs but the armor was crafted specifically for her so it fit her body snugly. The back of the armor had a hole in it which revealed the gem in her back.

None of the fighters said anything. Their eyes were blank but the experienced fighters knew that they were there to kill them. All three leaped into the air with startling speed and came down far faster than they should have. Vivi, Wakka, and Raziel were the ones targeted by the initial assault.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Next

Return to Role Playing