Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds OOC

Postby Geomancer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds

In many different worlds, those who contact their gods, summon creatures, and use magic began to notice something was going wrong. The connections between the gods faltered, the summons became less powerful and answered less often, and magic began to falter. Everything from materia to technology powered by magic began to fade away. Eventually, those who investigated the problem found that all of the energy of the world was being siphoned off to create a new world.

Though only magic was being drained at the moment, they theorized that once that source of energy was finished, electricity (in the dimensions with high technology) would be drained, then life itself. Crops would falter and people's souls would be drained, leaving them as husks. The world that was collecting all this energy would be filled with very powerful magics and the creatures of magic would be trapped there. It is unknown what or who is causing this but heroes from the worlds have been called. They must travel to this world and find out what is the reason that their worlds are being drained. Then they have to stop it by any means necessary.

Each hero will have to travel to the world by using either technology or magic. Unfortunately for the heroes, the movement between worlds will leave them very weak. However, since the world is filled with energy, the heroes should recover soon with the help of the magic of the world. Of course, that is only if they can survive long enough...

CS

The character must be a specific one.

Name:

Game: (Only from Squaresoft or a Squaresoft line that is continued by Square Enix. Only two players to any one game)

Appearance: (Of course, since everyone is going to use a picture, this might be a bit too easy.)

Personality:

Weapon of Choice:

Additional, Notable Equipment:

Example Abilities:

Focus: (Strength, agility, magic, etc)

History: (Yes, I know full well I could just look it up but it wouldn't have the depth of the game)

Roster

Ryute- Montblanc
Karo- Adelaide (Adelle)
Archrival- Raziel
Huang Long-Firion
SoulScavenger- Frog
Keiran- Vincent Valentine
ViviGlow- Vivi Orunitia
Sentios- Geno
Zath- Wakka
Last edited by Geomancer on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Squaresoft Crossover RP: The Nexus of Worlds OOC

Postby Huang Long » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:24 pm

So, Geo would Neku from The World Ends With you be a viable character to play as?
Mastery of magic is when telling time means telling time what to do.

In Honor of a true warrior: Quotes from Dinobot

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- Honor does not need to be won, but it must never be lost.

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:27 pm

If you believe that TWEWY has the same feel as many of the Squaresoft games, then yes. I personally have not played the game so I wouldn't know.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Regalus » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 pm

What about characters who make use of cross-class systems, such as the early final fantasy and FF Tactics? Would we have to choose a single main class and a single secondary set of special abilities (i.e. Paladin class with Black magic as his secondary skill set) or would we be able to switch classes during down time?

Also, at what point in the character's life would this event be taking place? Would it happen mid-game or after the final boss fight?

Postby Huang Long » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm

well for one it's not set in the typical fantasy setting. It's set in Shibuya, modern day. Magic takes the form of special pins through which you channel psyche to achieve different effects. The plot itself is a bit weird, since the fate of the city is dependant on the outcome of a "game" held by reapers.

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Regalus wrote:What about characters who make use of cross-class systems, such as the early final fantasy and FF Tactics? Would we have to choose a single main class and a single secondary set of special abilities (i.e. Paladin class with Black magic as his secondary skill set) or would we be able to switch classes during down time?

Also, at what point in the character's life would this event be taking place? Would it happen mid-game or after the final boss fight?

No switching, one class and stick with it.

This will be out of the regular time line so anytime, really.

@Huang: I don't think so

GMancer

Postby Huang Long » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 pm

OK, i'll proceed to look for another candidate

Postby Ryute » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:11 pm

CS

Name: Montblanc

Game: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, FFTA2 (Playable Character), and Final Fantasy XII (NPC)

Appearance:

His age is approximately 22 in human years.

Personality: Montblanc is a very kind moogle but has the bad luck of always saving everyone he sees from danger. He can be very loud and boisterous most of the time despite his small stature. Montblanc is also very quick to anger and will usually reprimand someone for misbehaving like an older brother. This moogle is very hardworking due to the fact that he is the eldest of 6 siblings, Nono(An expert airship mechanic), Hurdy, Gurdy, Home, and Sorbet. Responsible and trustworthy he usually acts like big brother even when not around his siblings. Montblanc is the current leader of Clan Centurio in the world of Ivalice and his big ears are very sensentive. Thus he always seems knows the latest gossip and trends making him quite good at information gathering. At times he is known to often speak in metaphors and idioms. Others who know him well would sometimes describe him as "someone who seems to be a few propellers short of an airship." If you ever have a kupo nut on you give it to him or else he will beg, then he will cry, and finally will resort to violence. Montblanc has a lot of enemies in the shadows usually women who were angry that he defeated them. He winds up defeating them after receiving their fake love letters.

Weapon of Choice: Staff/Knives (not at the same time)

Additional, Notable Equipment: Gigas Pendant, a replica pendant that Montblanc had made to remember his friend Marche before he left Ivalice. It has a design similar to the face of the scion Belias and it is hung around his neck.

Example Abilities: Black Mage Class/ Sub Job: Juggler
Magic he access to:
Fire/a/aga
Blizzard/a/aga
Thunder/a/aga
Juggler Skills:
Weapon Toss
Ring Toss – Can Inflict Stop
Molotov Cocktail- Inflicts Berserk and Fire damage
Dagger Toss- Can Inflict Disable
Smile Toss- Allows allies to act quicker (Casts Quicken)
Gil Toss- Throw gil to inflict damage. Damage and accuracy depend on amount.

Focus: Magic

History: Montblanc started to become famous after forming his first clan, Clan Nutsy with one of his best companions Marche Radiuju. Together they helped solve clan disputes and helped out everyone whilst solving a crisis which was becoming warping and twisting Ivalice due to the influence of an outsider to the world of Ivalice. Sad to see Marche depart he moved on with himself by disbanding Clan Nutsy. He then found out that his former master has perished under the hands of a monster named Yiazmat. Montblanc was devastated when he heard the news as his master was the only one who taught him and his five siblings the ways of the world after his parent’s deaths at a young age. Montblanc took over his master’s clan named Clan Centurio, which deals in hunting rare and deadly monsters, in hopes of find strong fighters to help avenge his master’s death. After Vaan and his friends defeated the monster that slain his master he was satisfied and left Clan centurio to the hands of Bansat, a Seeq Viking in order to travel around Ivalice. Montblanc briefly saved a human boy Luso from being accused as a thief by two male bangaas, but when invaded to Luso’s clan by his little brother Hurdy he claimed he wanted to linger around some more. Just then strange portals appeared in the sky and magic was slowly fading away. Scions couldn’t be summoned anymore and everyone was starting to get concerned. While on an airship ride to another city the wind suddenly picked up after the airship got too close to a portal. The lightweight moogle was sent barreling into the portal to Nexus.
Last edited by Ryute on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Karo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 am

CS

Name: Adelaide (Adelle)

Game: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift

Appearance: Image

Personality: A slippery charcter, Adelle is quite used to telling people what they want to hear in order to get what she wants. She looks out for herself first and foremost, and helps other people for a price. She's not a bad person though, just too used to having to be on her own. If someone is lucky enough to become her friend, she is a staunch ally, and will have their back through thick and thin. She does have a habit of hiding her intentions and problems from everyone, even her friends, though. Known as "Adelle the Cat," she behaves very much like one, independent and aloof, so long as someone is paying attention to her. She does show her softer side on very rare occasions, generally when something has happened to someone important to her. She's addicted to shopping, and only buys herself the finest of things.

Weapon of Choice: A knife, though she's handy with all sorts of equipment. It comes from her rare Heritor job (thief subjob), but the one thing she cannot use are shields.

Additional, Notable Equipment: Aside from her cat-themed clothing, Adelle has no notable equipment.

Example Abilities:
Wermut: Causes damage and inflicts slow
Nesiaam: Causes damage and inflicts addle (addled targets cannot use abilities)
Lennart: Does moderate damage in a straight line
Hilo: Causes damage and inflicts confuse
Elpe: Sacrifices herself to revive and fully heal all allies
Viola: Inflicts damage equal to HP lost, strikes from a range and over a small area; reduced accuracy.
Ljda: Inflicts charm
Adelaide: Casts Regen on herself or a nearby ally.

Focus: Adelle is known for her immense natural agility, though her abilities are focused more on status changes.

History: Adelle, as far back as she could remember, had always been alone. She travelled Ivalice doing all sorts of odd jobs, always on her own. Until she met Luso. Running into him had been an accident at first, but he followed after her after she escaped with the treasure they had both been after. She ran into him several more times after that, and found herself becoming more and more interested in the strange boy, which was a first for her. Eventually, she joins Luso's clan (a group of people who work together to complete jobs for clients), and wound up being sucked into the adventure of a lifetime, o save all of Ivalice from destruction. Along the way Adelle found out that she was one of a rare few gifted people with the talent to become a Heritor, someone who fights for the sake of their friends. With her help, Luso was able to defeat Illua, the woman who had threatened all of Ivalice. With the world safe, Luso vanished, returning to his own world that he had told her so much about in their travels together. Suddenly alone again, Adelle left the clan, in order to find a way to visit Luso in his world. That was when the magic started disappearing from Ivalice. Adelle hurried immediately to find out what was going on, wondering if maybe it had something to do with the strange world Luso called home.
Last edited by Karo on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby counterfeitself » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 am

I'm interested in this, but don't wanna play something that I'm just gonna fuck up the personality of.

Postby Asobi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:45 am

wait are we using existing characters or our own?

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 am

*deleted*
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Archrival » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 am

Name: Raziel

Game: Legacy of Kain series: Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

Appearance:

Personality: Raziel is a very upstanding and moral character, with a strong inherent sense of noblesse oblige; however, the conditions and situations he finds himself in (almost never of his own making) rarely lend themselves to unambiguous ethical judgments and he often ends up doing the wrong thing for the right reason. As a mortal man, he engaged in the systematic extermination of countless Vampires in his fanatical quest to rid the world of his perception of evil. As a Vampire he helped Kain establish his empire, under the controversial belief that Vampires deserved (as a higher form of life, and thusly "knowing better") to rule the world. He became The Soul Reaver, the state he found himself in after being "betrayed" by Kain and his brethren, then "saved" by the Elder God, by being thrown into the Abyss, a swirling vortex of water. (Its depth is such that it could almost be described as endless although its exact depth is not known for sure.) he stalked Kain and massacred his former brethren, prevaricating that he was not only exacting vengeance, but just settling the balance of existence. He often finds himself the willing or unwilling pawn of those around him, for good or evil. His systemic redemption is found in his final act, one of self-sacrifice. This puts him in harmonic opposition to the character of Kain (though he sacrifices himself not only to escape his curse of infinite death/rebirth cycle or to help defeat "the true enemy", but also for Kain - to whom he pledges allegiance), whose behavior is characterised by viciousness, manipulation and the belief that every person and thing is utterly expendable, but whose actions generally turn out to be right, because he defies those around him, most of whom turn out to be directly or indirectly in league with evil. Kain proudly admits his actions are motivated by lust for power and revenge (but he truly was predestined to become a tyrant, only in a quest for survival and because of Nupraptor's curse, at his birth), while Raziel unrelently claims his sole motivation is a desire to save the world and that he is solely guided by morals. Raziel unrelently switches from one master (often a manipulator) to another (Moebius and the Sarafan, Kain, the Elder God, Ariel, Janos Audron, Kain - again, Raziel is either being lied to or being told half-truths or what they think the truth is.), while Kain only follows orders when they suit him and never trusts anyone (not even his only love Umah, the female Vampire who cared for him during his comatose sleep in Blood Omen 2).

Weapon of Choice: Soul Reaver/Wraith Blade

Example Abilities:
Telekinesis
Scale Walls
Plane Shift
Soul Consumption
Phase Shift Through Objects
Possesion
Glide/Fly

Focus: Agilty

History:
Raziel was once a proud and noble vampire lieuteneant of the king known as Kain, he and his brethren were all equal yet Kain considered Raziel his 2nd in command, all his brothers developed in vampiric prowess the same until Raziel then overcame his ruler by growing majestic bat like wings, seeing this Kain tore the bones from them and had his lieutenants Turel and Dumah cast him into a swirling torrential whirlpool called the Lake of The Dead to suffer for eternity, this caused him agony for eternity. He was spared from this by the Elder God who made him one of his agents, a wraith. He was sent to devour souls. After avenging himself by killing and devouring his brothers souls he confronted Kain, the two clashed but Kain escaped throughout time.

After his final battle with Kain in which he was sent into eternal imprisonment in the spirit realm and the realisation that his life had been one self perptuating paradox where he in turn would become the very weapon he wields and uses to steal souls, he found himself infront of a gateway of pure light in the realm. He stepped through only to find himself in physical form and in some sort of nexus, a gathering point of many different worlds and among completely different beings he had never encountered before.
Last edited by Archrival on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 am

I wanna be Vivi! Will have a CS up soon.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:10 am

I knew someone was going to do Raziel. Lol. How did I know it was going to be you, Archrival.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Soul » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am

Well with Square Enix Europe in the Mix that opens up Garrett, JC Denton, and so many more other characters...

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 am

I'd like to see another Chrono character for double techs. Oh need to do small edit should be done soon.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:23 am

Ah, the first day of a new RP!

So, time for some responses!

@All: In your history, I would like you to include how your character got to the Nexus (we will call it that until you find out its true name)

@Ryute: Wasn't the world Marche was in a made up world? So that Montblanc never existed. If you are going to make it the same Montblanc from game to game, you will need to exclude FFTA.

@Karo: Looks good

@counter: why not?

@Asobi: Existing characters

@BoC: I don't really know that game too well so I'm going to have to ask a third party to give me some help on your CS. Does anyone want to volunteer?

You also can use any character to make double techs, not just Chrono characters. You just have to work together.

@Arch: Wow, I totally forgot Raziel was part of the franchise. Coolio.

@Keiran: Yay! Vivi!

Phew.

GMancer

Postby Soul » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:34 am

I'm most likely going to use Frog or Magus from Chrono Trigger, failing that someone from Xenogears. But since we can use Square Enix Europe characters I am a little conflicted. It doesnt have to be another character from the Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross games to create a double or triple tech

Postby Geomancer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:35 am

Exactly

GMancer

Postby Archrival » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:50 pm

God Bless specific wikis.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby ViviGlow » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm

If you chose to be from the game 'Front Mission evolved' would you get to have the giant robo-mech? :P
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Zath » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm tempted to make Wakka from FFX, but I'm not sure how I'd battle with a blitzball.

Postby Keiran » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Keiran on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Note to all FF characters, you may have a subclass job. If you do so, you will not be as good as a pure class character.

@Vivi: ...no

@Zath: What would be the problem? Give him a little monk class fist fighting and you are good to go.

@Keiran: I have two major problems with Vivi's history. One, he would never attempt to alter himself. Ever. Two, he would not have the necessary power to hop dimensions. You may not want to pick Vivi since Viviglow is in the game and I know from experience he plays a good Vivi.

GMancer

Next

Return to Role Playing