Tales of Dreams IC *DEAD*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Tales of Dreams IC *DEAD*

Postby Ryute » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:19 pm

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48374&start=0

Tales of Dreams
Prologue: Calm before Infection

World of Astra Year 4024

The planet Yune, the floating prismatic death sphere that shines in the same light as the sun and moon hangs overhead. An Aurora Flash, an event that occurs when the sun aligns with the planet Yune and shines Aurora over the planet. The poisonous substance that was born of greed is has been plaguing life for the past 4000 years. The Flash occurs every month and sends beings called Viruses that wreak havoc on the inhabitants of this world. An endless cycle of fighting, humanity has no chance for a world without fighting or a world without monsters. Yet unbeknownst to anyone, events were being set into motion that would destroy the very laws that govern the world.

Current Theme: “Sunny” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZOQWnUR ... =1&index=4

Cyanwell:
((If you are not starting by going to vaccine post where you are and what you are doing.))

Time: Approximately 11:30am

It was a very clear sunny day on the island of Cyanwell all expect for the giant chain that covers part of the sky as well as the planet Yune. People have grown accustomed to the chain in the sky. Over time many have forgotten the events that took place so long ago and records of such times have almost all been lost.

The city is booming with people from all across the world. Ships are constantly arriving at the grand ports of the island. The streets of the city are crowded with people buying low and selling high in the bazaars across the city. Vaccine headquarters stood in the center of town across from the St. Astra grand cathedral. The headquarters was built on a large brick building with a tall clock tower that showed every onlooker the current time. Besides the large old fashioned church with beautiful stained glass and the anti-virus organization is a beautiful large fountain. This fountain was the designated meeting area for those who are about to be admitted into the organization called Vaccine. At 12pm a representative from Vaccine would arrive and take give everyone the proper clearance to enter the headquarters where they would be briefed on their jobs.

Having arrived in the city late yesterday, Fang woke up from his bed at the local inn around 10 am. Gathering what little belongings he had he left the inn grabbing a loaf of bread from a local bakery to eat. It was hectic to navigate the crowded streets. The kicking and screaming from the children and all of the clamoring for the best deals would make even a seasoned traveler disoriented. Fang managed to arrive at the fountain at about 11:30. Seeming as he had some time he decided to take a break on one of the benches near the fountain. It looked it was going to be a very peaceful day as a gentle breeze blows through the city.
Last edited by Ryute on Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Tales of Dreams IC - Prologue

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Gran had been traveling for many days, finally coming upon a cargo ship bound for Cyanwell. He readied everything he might need, and stepped on board, however the captain stopped him as he was going up the ramp. "What do ya think yer doin'?" He asked with arms crossed. "I need a ride to Cyanwell." Gran said, "I'm willing to pay." He then pulled out 50 gald. "Well," the captain said groping for the gald "Now yer talkin my language kid." He said taking the Gald.

Sometime after the ship had launched the captain tried to start up a conversation. "So," the captain said "what brings ya out to Cyanwell?" Gran's answer was quick and concise "Vaccine." There was a small pause of awkward silence until the captain asked "You don't talk much do you?" Gran then stood up from the wall he was leaning against and turned towards the window to see the sea, "Not much." He said, "I don't talk about my past much, and prefer to keep it that way." He paused "So how long till we get there?" The captain turned towards him, "Not Much longer, see that land on the horizon? That's it." "Good," Gran said "I've always felt nervous on the sea. It isn't steady, always changing." " You've got some issues, kid," the captain said "Why are you so nervous on the sea?" Gran sighed "if you must know, I once lived in a seaside town, something happened and I didn't live there anymore." The captain then said "You REALLY don't like talking about yer past do ya? Leavin me in the dark as to what happened, and why you're doin what you are. I'll just leave you alone then." They continued sailing.

(This is my first rp on here so I'm not sure what your standards are, tell me if this is okay.)
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Bolts » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:16 pm

((Quick Note: This is not the same boat your character is on Bradao. Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LZcMv0H1bI

because it's just so appropriate.))

“Grab those lines you sorry excuses for sea dogs!!” Eli roared to his crew from the helm of his ship. They were coming up hard on a foreign trade vessel, one of the smaller ones that had drifted away from the main pack. It wasn’t until they were within grappling range that Eli made his move. “Hoist the colors!! Let the Jolly Roger fly!!” The moment his command had been given, the skull and cross bones was raised as his mean proceeded to board the trade vessel, followed closely by Eli. There was a reason Eli always attacked smaller ships, the most obvious being that they were usually short on staff, at the same time though, foreign empires would often send small, unimposing ships to carry their most valuable goods in hopes that pirates such as Eli wouldn’t take notice of them. Unfortunately for Eli this ship carried no hidden treasure and actually was nothing more than a small trading vessel. Nevertheless after subduing the crew without shedding even a drop of blood, Eli proceeded to unload the ship’s cargo on to his own, taking only what he and his crew needed.

Once he was satisfied, Eli made his way to where the captain of the vessel had been restrained. “Ahoy there. Sorry if the ropes are a bit tight, can’t have you getting lose and stabbing one of my men.” The pirate said with a sly grin. The captain in response jerked violently around his ropes, spitting forth a slew of curses towards Eli, all of which were drowned out by the gag in his mouth. “Now, now, now, no need to get all huffy about it. It’s just business after all. Fellas gotta eat after all. Hell Hank over there has three kids to feed, don’t you, Hank?” At the mention of his name a rather old looking member of Eli’s crew turned and raised 4 fingers. “Hank doesn’t count so well as you can see but he’s a damn good father. Now then as you can probably guess you aren’t the first one we’ve robbed so I’ll give you the speech I give everybody.” By now, Eli had knelt down by the captain before quickly drawing his sword and placing it at the man’s neck. “You have two options. One; you can finish your voyage with your head still on your shoulders. Two; I can cut off your head and let Undine take your body. Understand?” At this point the captain nodded his head in terror. “Good. Now then, when you get to Cyanwell, the first thing you’re going to do is go straight to the local law office and tell them what happened here today. Make sure you tell them my name too…..Oh! Come to think of it we haven’t been introduced have we? Eli Whitaker, captain of the Gull’s Cry at your service. Figuratively speaking. Anyway, tell the folks all about how we took over your ship, without killing anyone mind you, and took all your goodies. If you don’t, I’ll kill you! Fun right!?” Eli’s grin had widened to that of borderline insanity as his charade drew on. “Well that’s that. Farewell and so forth. Men! You know what to do!!” With his arrangements with the captain made, Eli boarded his ship once more with the rest of his crew. Before the last man on his ship was on board though, he freed a single member of the recently captured ship’s crew, before Eli and his boat disappeared on to the horizon.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:30 pm

The ship pulled into the harbor at about 11:48 am. As Gran stepped onto the port he turned around, "So," he began "are the rumors about pirates in these parts true?" The captain suddenly had a grim look on his face. "Yeah 'fraid so, though, they haven't killed a single person. It's good no one is hurt, but it is bad fer business." Gran began walking away he waved towards the captain and said "May Astra bless you then, my friend. Safe voyage!" He then walked forward into the town.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Karo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 am

"Get back here, you hooligan!"

The cry echoed through the early morning streets of Leona's castle town, and the few merchants who were setting up their stalls simply chuckled at the call. Some of them waved as a familiar grey-haired boy in a white tabard ran past, a huge grin plastered across his effeminate face. It was amazing, he thought, how stupid the guards were. They had been through this same routine how many times already? No matter how much they hollered, he wasn't going to stop and let himself be captured. Besides, he wasn't the real criminal here. No, that title belonged to the nobles, with their opulent lifestyles while most of the farmers who supported the country could barely afford to feed their families, unless they got lucky and could trade their neighbors for surplus goods, which was a rare occurrence. So he was just returning things to their rightful owners really. The boy, Adeon, turned into the first empty alleyway he could find, ducking down behind a wooden crate, pulling the burlap sack off of the top of it to hide himself. He listened with a grin as the guards clanked past, Leona may have had the greatest military around, but they sure were dumb when it came to chasing down one thief in the city. He would wait though, until the coast was absolutely clear, then divvy up the coins and spread them around all the farmsteads outside of town.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:22 am

Gran walked through the town, looking at all of the rarities from all over. He of course had seen most of them but some he had never seen before. He eventually came to a food stand and decided to try some delicacies. Afterwards he noticed that it was 11:55 so he returned to the harbor waiting for the representative.

Postby Ryute » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:09 am

((Bradao your latest post is a bit short, please write a bit more next time. Also the representative is at the center of town not the harbor as stated in the first post.))

Cyanwell: Outside Vaccine HQ

A large bell rang across the sky signaling the change of time to 12pm. A blond haired woman came out of the Vaccine HQ. She was very slender dressed in a tight blue dress that was obviously worn to show off her body. She held a clip board in one hand and adjusted her glasses with the other. Fang was waiting patiently in front of her having been woken by the bell’s ring. “Hmm well you are the only one on time so far…I’ll have to dock the pay of all those that are late…” The woman spoke as she made some notes quickly on her clipboard.

Fang felt a bit sorry for the others that weren’t’ there yet. “Um my name is Fang Lotus mam’ pleasure to make yer acquaintance.” He said letting some country bumpkin slither into his speech.

“My name is Freya, it’s a pleasure.” She said smiling professionally. “Now please go inside and one of our associates will give you a tour and give you an identification badge. I have to stay here and wait for the others to arrive. Please go on in.” As Fang did just that Freya looked at the time, 12:01, and wrote down “subtract 10 gald per minute late” on her clipboard.

Gull’s Cry: On the Seas

Darkened Storm clouds gathered seemingly focusing on where the ship currently was. Soon a thick fog covered the ship that gave off an eerie vibe. The figure of a ship can be seen off the starboard side of the ship but it looks about a mile away from the ship’s current location. Soon enough just when the bad feeling in the salty sea air couldn’t get any worse three Aqua Bugs (see end of post) jumped out from the sea and flew onto the ship’s deck. They made a large buzzing noise as they started to attack anything nearest them. The Gull’s cry was under a virus attack.

Leona Castle Town:

In the throne room where lavish green decorations were spread all around the king was having a meeting with two of his most trusted generals. The king had a very stern wrinkled face with a black beard along his face. He had a very powerful presence about him. Kneeling before him were a man and a woman. The man’s name is Durant a general of the Leona armed forces. He looked about middle aged and very strongly built wearing green hued armor and was well known for his mastery of lances. The woman is general Eudy, a fairly new general who was brought into the military to take charge of the newest division of magicians to give Leona an edge. She had a very slender figure and wore long red robes and a green hat above her brown hair. Fairly young in her mid twenties she is a masterful tactician when it comes to ranged fighting. The king spoke angrily, “I’ve received constant complaints from the castle nobles about a lone thief stealing their possessions. They said they want this grey haired hooligan captured or else they would refuse to fund our army. Since the town guards have not succeeded Durant since you are their leader you men’s failures are your own failures. Go into town and deal with this quickly so we can keep up our preparations.”

“Yes your majesty, but I have one question what does Eudy have to do with this?” Durant asked. Before the king could answer Eudy spoke, “I’m hear to help you of course. You may be good on the battlefield but if your own men can’t capture a lone thief how can their general do so?”

“Yes both of you get to work and resolve this quickly! You are dismissed.” The king said. The two bowed their heads and walked out of the throne room. “Let me make this clear Eudy I do not need your help on this matter. I will see to his myself.”

“Is that so?” Eudy said with a smirk on her face. “How about a contest? First to capture the thief wins and proves who is the better general. Agreed?”

Durant nodded with a smirk, “Alright then I’ll teach you how it’s done.” He then walked off out of the castle into the town. “Men attention! He said to the guards in front of the gate. Gather all the guards, seal all the exits and do not let anyone that matches the thief’s description out of the town! Search every corner! I will not let a criminal stay safe within the walls of our city!” The men saluted and did as they were told the town becoming more infested with soldiers than usual. It seems like the thief just pissed off a higher up and news of Durant leading a charge against the thief spread quickly. Eudy watched from atop a nearby tower already creating a plan that would trump the wasted efforts of Durant. She whispered, “Let the game begin.”

Vaccine Database:
Entry Number: 11
Name: Aqua Bug
Danger Rating: Low
Element: Water
Weakness: Lightning
Information: A common type of virus that lives in the water. It has a dark blue fish like body with a bug like face. It has wings on its back that allow it to fly above the water to attack ships. They have black marks on their body which appear to be writing of some kind. Aqua bugs travel in schools thus if you find one you can bet there are more in the area.
Last edited by Ryute on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:39 am

Gran ran as fast as he could towards the center of town when he heard the bell signaling 12 o'clock. After waiting for a ship to dock till 11:59 he realized that his information was wrong. He ran and ran passing all the sites of Cyanwell. He finally arrived at 12:02. When he got to the headquarters he saw a stern looking blonde woman standing infront with a clipboard. "I'm, *huff* Sorry, *huff* I'm late. *huff* Gran Zupheyer *huff* is my name." He said as tried to catch his breath coughing shortly after. He heard her say something about deducing 20 gald for being late.

After introductions the woman (now known to him as Freya) told him to go inside and that an associate would give me a tour along with the other one that made it on time. Gran walked in and saw another boy around his age, maybe younger. The boy wore a red shirt with a black jacket over it only buttoned down half way, black jeans, and red sneakers. Gran also noticed the boy had a pair of black gloves on. Gran walked over to him to introduce himself. "So, you must be the one who arrived before I did." He said, as he extended a hand. "I'm Gran Zupheyer. You are?..."

Postby Karo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 am

Adeon perked up as he heard more clanking resounding through the streets. He frowned, he hadn't expected those guards to so willingly go for reinforcements. So that meant it was time to leave the city, by whatever means necessary. Odds were good that all the gates were now being guarded, so it was either going out buried in someone's vegetables, or sneaking over the walls, if no one had been posted on them. Adeon slipped out from under the burlap sack, and pulled the hood of his white tabard over his face, smiling a little. Nothing like a challenge to make things more interesting, though his thoughts did not remain so for long. He slipped out of the alley and behind a merchant's stall, and listened to his whisperings with his neighbor.

"That thief's gone and done it now." Said the stall owner to his neighbor.
"Oh, are they after him again?" The neighbor replied as he straightened the rows of corn at the front of his stall.
"Yeah, but in full force this time. Even General Durant is involved this time."
"Wow. I guess they mean to catch him for sure this time."
"Yeah. The odds are against him, but I still want to see him get out of this scrape. It'd make for a hell of a story to tell back home."
"I know what you mean."

Adeon snuck away from the stall, his eyes darting back and forth from beneath his hood, every wary for the sight of gleaming armor. General Durant was after him now? That must mean that one too many nobles had complained about his thievery, as if they weren't the thieves to begin with. He walked down the street, noting all of the best places to hide, looking for a merchant getting ready to leave, or an empty house that he could climb to the rooftop without being spotted.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Bolts » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:51 pm

“Helmsman!! Steer hard to port!!” Eli ordered as the aqua bugs emerged. Before the young captain could issue his next command though, one of his men jumped the gun and charged in on one of the aqua bugs. “Daniel!!” Eli cried out in an attempt to stop the youngster. Too late. Within seconds the aqua bugs skewered the boy like a bad shish kabob. “Damn it!! Form a line!! Harpoons at the ready!!” With his order’s given, the remaining men on the Gull’s Cry picked up their weapons and moved in to formation. “Fire!!” At once the harpoons soared through the air, most of them being deflected by the aqua bug’s tough scales, though one did hit its mark with enough force to pierce the beast’s hide.

“One down!! Fall back!!” Eli commanded, dropping down to the deck between his men and the beasts. After drawing his long sword the young pirate charged in, eyes seemingly glowing with rage as he remembered the death of his comrade not long ago. The first bug lunged forth, only to be deflected by Eli’s sword before promptly being sliced clean in half. Now Eli’s attention turned towards the only remaining enemy on his vessel. The beast held its sword out menacingly before taking several wild swings at Eli. At first, the young man simply jerked his body out of the way of each slice. Eventually though even he was forced into a defensive position as the beast drew in closer. Before the aqua bug could deliver the finish blow though, Eli’s free hand grabbed hold of the beast’s forearm as his sword poked gently into its stomach. “Sword Rain.” The pirate whispered as his arm became a blur, sword thrusting violently into the bug over and over again. The beast fell to the deck as its putrid blood soaked in to the wood. “….Form up…..Place Daniel below deck…..We’re going home…..”

Postby Regalus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:56 pm

It was a tranquil and serene morning, the birds were singing and there was not a single cloud in the sky. Young Cyrus slept peacefully in his bed; after a night of celebration on behalf of his land ladies daughter,which he had coordinated, he had earned a fine long rest and so he did.

"Cyrus wake up, it's morning," came the Land ladies voice knocking on the door. Cyrus groaned loudly and locked at the clock on the wall, it was only 8. "It's too early Ana," he said groggily as he rolled beneath his covers "gimme an hour," he called out as he turned in his bed.

From her experience she knew Cyrus rarely slept soundly, so she didn't push the matter to far. "Okay, I'm going to do some shopping, breakfast is on the table," she replied to the half-asleep boy as he began drifting off into sleeps swift embrace once more; who only managed mutter a short reply.

He dreamed a great many things as he always did; it had been a pleasant dream that night, no doubt thanks to the birthday, and he wanted to bask in it for as long as he could. It wasn't long before his dreams turned on him as they always inevitably did. His blissful sea of dreams quickly turned into a freight-full storm of nightmares. It seemed like an eternity had gone by before he was released from his prison; awakening in a cold sweat gasping for breath. His mind reeled from the nightmares and his whole body was aching.

"Sixth one this week," he muttered to himself as he sat up in his bed. He looked out through his window sill and observed the busy streets below before sighing heavily as passed his hand through his sweat soaked hair, his mind still foggy from the unwanted dream. "They've never happened this often before, I wonder why..." he began before slapping himself, too close to breaking one of his own rules.

This had not been a good morning; and it was about to get much much worse. Fore as he looked towards the wall his heart sank, his eyes widened and his mind was shaken out of it's gloom. It was a quarter to twelve; and so a steady stream of curses good be heard from the streets below as Cyrus quickly rushed to get ready. Quickly changing clothes and passing through the bathroom as he became a whirlwind of activity; almost choking on his breakfast as he did leave as swiftly as possible. Darting out of the house only to run back two streets down having forgotten to lock the doors in his hurry. It was times like these that was glad he exercised regularly.

He verbally berated himself for oversleeping; he knew there was no way he'd would've woken up until it had run it's course, But if I had just woken up when Ana came in I wouldn't be dealing with this shit! "Idiot," he exclaimed as he thwacked himself on the head. He soon regretted that comment as his mind drifted back to the dream.

His mind was still foggy and so was the dream; but that did nothing to lessen the feeling of dread from washing over him. Had this been any other day, he would've stayed home all day writing it down, but today wasn't like most other days. He'd have to keep the dream fresh in his mind as it cleared up, and he dreaded that with all his being. Thinking back he still couldn't remember it all, just monsters, screams and faces that he had never seen before. He sighed, at least he had his journal with him so he'd only have to wait for a rest before jotting it all down.

A few minutes later Vaccine Headquarters was inside and he made a mad dash. As he ran towards the building he heard a lady yelling "Your late..." she began, though she didn't manage to finish her message as the young warlock simply ran past her yelling back "Iknowsorrymakeituptoyoulater!!"

A few moments later he practically slammed into the doors of the building; he let out a great sigh breathing heavily as he placed his hands on his knees . He looked at the wall, Twelve O'5 not bad he told himself as he noticed the other two boys in the room. "Oh...hello" he said pausing a moment ot catch his breath.
Last edited by Regalus on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ryute » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 pm

((Well it looks like slowly but surely we are moving along.))

Leona Castle Town:

The Prayer of the Prophet

As Adeon walked down the street among all the commotion he was approached by a young woman dressed in holy robes who looked about 12 years old. By appearance she appears to be a preacher for the religion of Astra, which worships the saint that created the world to save us from the sins of the old world. A strange aura emanated from her everything else seemed to fade away and it was just Adeon and the young woman. The woman was very short standing at about 4 feet tall; she had blonde hair shown partway through her blue bonnet on her head. Her robes were stained light blue and she had the symbol of Astra hung in a scarf over her shoulders, the symbol looking like an upside down omega symbol. She spoke in a kindly voice, “Excuse me young one but I have an important message for you. The divine ones have whispered to me important message about you and I just had to find you. My name is Luze Waltz a preacher of the word of Astra. She tells me that this world will soon change dramatically. She says that you are destined for grander things. Things will not change if you always run from your actions; the path you are currently treading will lead to a dead end. Head these words my child and may the grace of Astra be with you.” With a graceful bow she left towards the streets and seemed to vanish in the blink of an eye.

Suddenly as if waking from a trance, Adeon hears the warning bell as it rings loudly throughout the town, meaning rouge viruses were attacking from the air. The army completely stopped its efforts to catch the thief to focus on the viruses. Cannon fire from the castle was scorching most of the viruses but 4 of them landed near Adeon surrounding him. The viruses were Boar Glitches, and they looked as if they were attacking in a unified manner. Viruses are known to act independently and erratically meaning someone or something was controlling them.

Gull’s Cry: Attack of the Phantom Ship

Ghost Ship

Despite the captain’s orders the ship was locked in course, the visage of a ghost ship coming closer and closer into sight. The ship and the ghost ship were within boarding postion of each other. The ghost ship was quite large about three times the size of the gull’s cry. Pieces of gald can be seen scattered about the tattered deck of the ghost ship despite the increasingly thickening fog. Treasure was most likely hidden on the ship but there are also viruses and other monsters onboard the ship as well. Some presence seemed to want the crew to board the ship and was holding the ship in place. The ship’s name was worn out but it’s name was the Atherum well known as one of the legendary pirate’s Aifread ships that he used to use about 300 years ago.

Vaccine HQ:

Home Base! The Vaccine HQ!

Fang was standing around looking at the interior, the entrance area looked very grand with many sofas and chairs around. This area was designed as a lounge and has many plants and decorations to brighten up the atmosphere. To the left was a room with a sign that said briefing room and to the right was the doors to the offices of the high officials within the organization. In the center of the lounge was a large board that had many different requests to get rid of viruses and their locations as well as some odd jobs.

Fang was soon greeted by another candidate one wearing large and heavy armor, Fang was taken aback not expecting people to wear those clothes normally. “My name is Fang nice to meet ya, Gran!” taking his hand and shaking it. “Well I was up kinda early so I just decided to just wait outside on this nice day….Hehehe…” Fang said scratching the back of his head. Soon someone else just zoomed inside in a rush. “Whoa what’s the hurry this place ain’t going no where!” Fang said laughing, “I’m Fang what’s your name Mr. I lost track of time and I’m late?”

Vaccine Database:
Entry Number: 8
Name: Boar Glitch
Danger Rating: Low
Element: Wind
Weakness: Earth
Information: Usually a virus that can be periodically be seen by itself in the sky and attacks unsuspecting prey when they are by themselves. It’s body consists of a small boar with green fur and black tusks. Large red bird wings are present on it’s back giving it the power of flight. It is capable of casting the low level wind magic wind blade when it’s about to die.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm

"Hey there, I'm Gran" gran said to the new boy who rushed in. He then pulled out a notebook from his pack and began writing about his day, he had list of people he met, and what he had done, and even the creatures he has seen. He listened as the boy replied to Fang's question.

Postby Bolts » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:52 am

Eli glared at his helmsman as the Gull's Cry pulled up next to the Atherum. "I thought I said to take us home..." the young captain growled, making his way to the upper deck. After failing himself to steer the ship away however, Eli realized the full gravity of the situation. "Well isn't that wonderful. Stuck out here in the middle of the ocean with a ship that shouldn't exist anymore holding us hostage.....great." Eli's head seemed to sink as he spoke. For a moment it looked like the helmsman was going to speak, until Eli's head suddenly jerked up revealing a look of sick excitement. At the sight of this, the helmsman sighed. He knew full well what that look in Eli's mind meant and he didn't like it. "Hank, you old bastard, you're in charge while I'm gone. Desmond, Roy, you're with me. The rest of you stay on the boat. Anyone that tries to board the Athenor get's a harpoon in their arse."

With his orders given the pirate swung over to the Athenor, immediately dispatching the first few viruses on the deck before him as Desmond and Roy made their way on to the seemingly haunted ship's deck. "All right boys, things go well and we might be sailing home with an extra ship, and a lot more gald. Let's try not to screw this up." Eli spoke cautiously before focusing his attention on the ship's cabin door. "What say we give the captain's quarters a visit?"

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:42 pm

( Just a quick question, where is everyone?!)

Postby Regalus » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 pm

"Pleasure to meet you both," began Cyrus catching his breath as he began turning towards both of them with one of his signature smiles. "The name's Cy...rus," he said as his voice trialed off and his eyes widened almost in horror upon seeing the two boys. He felt his heart skip a beat as his blood began feeling as if it was boiling just beneath his skin. He swiftly slapped himself in the face and shook his head.

"Sorry thought my breakfast got the better of me there for a moment, hehe," he said slightly flustered "Anyway...my name's Cyrus Barker; are you two the only ones here?" he asked trying to swiftly change the subject.
Smooth as sand paper Cy, he berated himself as he refocused his gaze on the boys faces. This is seventy three different flavors of not good, he thought to himself in disbelief at what he was seeing.

Re: Tales of Dreams IC *Revived*- Phase 1

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 am

"So far," Gran said "so, what abilities do you have? Are you a swordsman? Brawler?" He asked as he looked up from his notebook. Gran couldn't help but feel a little awkward in this situation being the only one with heavy armor on. He wrote some more notes. Cyrus seemed like a happy kid as well as Fang. He also wondered if he should ask either one of them if they've seen his siblings, a boy and a girl name yun and che.

Postby Huang Long » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 pm

"It had started as such a great day.", said Fuyu to himself with a small sigh. It had been two months since he had arrived on Cyanwell. Thanks to the assistance of the captain of the Graceful Fortune, he had arrived on time to hand in his application to the Vaccine personal. It had seemed to him that he had left a good impression. However, thanks to what happened earlier, not only was he late, but also barely presentable. His clothing was wet, his pants were torn in several places, and he was missing a sandal. Passing the rest of the Vaccine personnel, he arrived at Vaccine HQ and made his way to where miss Freya was.

"I apologize for my delay and appearance, Miss Freya. I've had to deal with a series of unfortunate events in order to make my way here." said Fuyu bowing to show respect to the representative.
Mastery of magic is when telling time means telling time what to do.

In Honor of a true warrior: Quotes from Dinobot

Quickstrike: [gloating and tauntingly] So, what's a warrior without weapons, eh?
Dinobot: A warrior still! [Punches Quickstrike twice, then throws him so he lands on his head, knocking him out]

- Honor does not need to be won, but it must never be lost.

- The question that once haunted my being's been answered. The future is not fixed. My choices are my own. And yet... how ironic. For I now find that I have no choice at all. I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.

Postby Karo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:40 am

Adeon watched in a daze as the world around him seemed to fade because of the girl. She seemed like something out of a dream. Until she started speaking, that was. Then all Adeon could do was stare at her like she was crazy. And then she vanished. Adeon almost wanted to pinch himself, to make sure he was awake. "Me, destined for greater things? She must be touched in the head if she thinks I'm going to do anything great. I'm just the son of a farmer who has too many kids, trying to make life a little easier for his family." He shook his head and was about to leave for the gate, planning to sneak out while the guards were busy with the viruses. They would all watch him stroll out of their grasp, and be unable to do a thing about it. It would be even more satisfying to wave to General Durant on his way out, but that wasn't to be, as four of the little nasties landed around him, working together when normally they fought alone. He quickly slid his knife out of it's makeshift sheath, making a snick noise as the metal slid out of the wooden case. He flipped the blade around and held it low, waiting for the monsters to strike first.

Postby Ryute » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 am

((Sorry to keep you waiting, let’s get a move on shall we?))

Atherum: The Mystery of the Ghost Ship begins

Eli safetly entered the captain’s quarters safely. Full of dust and cobwebs it looked like it hasn’t been touched in ages. A skeleton was seen sitting a chair next to a desk that seemed to belong to the captain. The desk had a torn journal that upon closer inspection seemed to be a memoir. The only page in the journal said, “Treasure hidden…..Virus….Ghost….Beware….Mirrors” It seemed like a dying message but most of it was faded. On the floor next to the desk was another piece of paper that seemed to be part of the journal. This piece said, “To the one who reads this…I can’t write down the details of what is occurring, our members are dying one by one by invisible viruses. A mirror can reveal their location and we managed to fight them off that way. But that is when we were….Please end the nightmare!” Other then the papers a broken mirror lies scattered over the cabin and a hole in the floor with some planks that help form a ladder. It seems to be a way to go below the deck.

Leona: Viral Attack

The four viruses let out an ear piercing scream at the young boy. The virus behind him and in front of him charged towards him to ram the boy with their tusks while the other two flew a couple feet in the air to attack him when he least expected it.

Vaccine HQ:

Freya sighed before angrily telling him to get inside. Everyone was ready and accounted for. Freya then gave everyone a quick tour. “Thanks to the late arrivals the tour shall be quick. “This here is the lounge area.” she said pointing to a bunch of chairs. “The offices on the side lead to mine and the leader’s office and on the other side is our briefing room where we discuss difficult missions.” Walking over to a large board she continued, “This here is the request board. It’s where citizens post virus sightings for us to investigate. Your first mission is a simple one. A couple of weak viruses were sighted gathering in great numbers near Undine Springs go there check the situation and report your findings. You do not have to engage the viruses unless they attack you, if things get out of hand pull back. I will appoint a leader just for the sake of formalities but please follow my orders exactly. Fang you will be in charge since you were on time. Here take this request and everyone can take this copy of the world map.” She said handing out the papers from her clipboard. “Undine Springs is to the North, head out immediately and when you return we will begin more combat training. Dismissed.” Freya said adjusting her glasses and with that the 4 boys were off to Undine springs.

Undine Springs: Fork in the Road

Undine Springs is a quiet and peaceful ravine near the edge of the island in a rocky cliff area. It took about two hour hike out of the north side of town to reach the area. Further inside lay branching rivers and cliffside paths to the actual spring. It’s said that the path to the spirit of water Undine was sealed and needed a certain object to enter. The path was divided in two, the left pathway leading to a more grassy area underneath a large cliff while the right lead to a rocky path above a fast flowing river. Fang turned to the others and said, “Hmm this place is pretty neat I never been to a place like this before. There isn’t any sign of any enemies so which way do y’all think we should go first?” He said holding his hands behind his head wondering which path to choose himself.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am

"You are the leader," Gran said "but I'd pick the grassy area it's probably more likely that they'd go that way, unless they are water types." Gran pulled out his notebook and looked at the area Viruses he had observed before.

The long hike hadn't affected him much at all, despite having to carry such heavy armor and equipment, he was used to this kind of hiking. Gran looked up from his notebook after finding the area for low level viruses and awaited any replies or other ideas.

Postby Bolts » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:23 pm

"We're not actually going down there are we?" Desmond spoke up, half terrified that Eli might be considering the idea.

"Of course not." Roy spoke up before Eli could respond. "You saw the note. Invisible viruses? Come on, Captain knows when to turn tail and run. We're pirates, not knights. Right boss?"

"..." Eli was silent as his men spoke, eyes scanning over the paper again and again. "....Return to the ship. Have the men try to figure out a way to get free. I'll be out in a few minutes."

"You're not coming!?"

"Of course not. Now get back to the ship or viruses will be the least of your worries." With his orders given the two men rushed out of the cabin and back towards the Gull's Cry. "Once you bastards figure out how to get free signal me with the canons!!" The same wild look Eli had when he first boarded the ship returned as he made his way towards the hole in the deck's floor. After grabbing a piece of the broken mirror, Eli jumped down below the decks, looking, waiting to see what would come his way.

Postby Karo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Unfortunately for the monsters, Adeon was a rather nimble young man. So when the beasts charged, he jumped up, allowing them to ram into each other instead of squishing him. However, unfortunately for Adeon, he didn't have very much hang time, and crashed down on top of the monster's heads. And from that position, it was only by pure accident that he managed to stab one of them in the eye. He slipped from atop the boar-monster's head, his leg getting caught on it's tusk, and he flopped over, hanging upside down by one leg. It was definitely one of the hairiest situations he had ever been in.

Postby Ryute » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Atherum: Sorrow of the Past

As Eli went down deeper into the ship he came upon a long open corridor with holes in the floorboard. The holes lead to the ocean and if one fell they would be quick food for the viruses. Suddenly visions and sounds started to bombard the young captain’s mind. Images of humans being slaughtered by viruses left and right and the sounds of their terrified screams were being shown and heard in his mind. One of the voices became clearer and said, “The day we picked up that stowaway we sealed our fate. We could do nothing as the viruses completely took over the ship. We looked to our captain for a solution to save ourselves but then…” The voice was cut off and Eli awakened back to reality. Cackling sounds could be heard and a heavy and cold breath was breathing down his neck but there was nothing to be seen. Two invisible ghost viruses were in front and behind him while he was in a daze.

Leona: Battle!

The boy’s leg dangled from the boar. The boar snarled and screeched trying to shake him off. The two remaining untouched boar monsters decided to try to bite the dangling boy while the boar whose eye was stabbed kept screeching in pain as a green magic glyph began to form under the virus. If the magic glyph was allowed to be activated the boy would be in for a world of hurt. Meanwhile the viruses flying in the sky’s numbers were starting to dwindle thanks to the castle’s cannon fire but the town was in panic still.

Undine Springs: In Search of Viruses

Fang got one suggestion but the other two seemed silent for some odd reason. “Well since we have no other suggestions let’s go to the left at the fork.” The grassy area was calming as a gentle river flowed quietly compared to the rapids at the cliff side of the spring. As the search party walked further in two creatures lurking in the water jumped out. “Looks like we got company! Let’s get em!” Fang said getting into a fighting stance. The viruses were two large transparent Jellyfish with a tint of green along its tentacles. The virus was called a Jello-Code. Fang charged in for a punch but it seemed to have no effect as the jellyfish absorbed the shock of the blow due to its skin. The jellyfish tried to strike with one of its long tentacles but Fang jumped back in the nick of time. “Tch no effect…” Fang said in a saddened voice.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 am

"It's gel like body gives it the perfect defense against blunt attacks." Gran said as he Unsheathed his large sword. "Given what type they appear to be I'd guess that fire or lightning would do the trick, but let's see how they fare against something sharp.". Gran then brought his sword around for a downward strike, hoping to split the creature right down the middlle. His armor may be heavy but it increases his swinging speed.

Next

Return to Role Playing