The Eternal Waltz IC: And so here we are...

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Eternal Waltz IC: And so here we are...

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:30 am

Commander Vaco.

Gia Panta. High Command.

Vaco raised his arm to protect his unarmored face. He felt, or heard a few of the heavy rounds simply impact and bounce off of his armor. The impacts still made Vaco rock backwards. As soon as the barrage was done, he leaped out of the way, spraying bullets all over the place. He felt the two handguns click as they were empty. So he drooped them and rolled out of the way placing Jessica in between Jazz and himself, forcing Jazz not to have a clear shot at him. He leaped and dodged his way to Jessica, and slide right past her. Vaco did gently knock the Demi-God back into her chair, so any damage wouldn't hit her.

He grabbed the young lady's arm at the wrist and twisted the entire thing, causing her magnum to fall. Vaco plucked the throwing knife from Jessica's hand and threw it at Jazz. It hit his sleeve and pinned his shooting hand against the wall. The Commander then reached for the back of he neck and gave a slight pinch which cause her to freeze. Vaco let go of the back of her neck but instead grabbed the back of her head, and slammed it into his desk, breaking her nose. He pulled her back up and slammed his fist into her stomach.

Grabbing her by the arm, and by the leg, Vaco tossed her at Jazz.

At that moment, the office doors burst down and armed troops moved in. but these weren't just MP units, or Grims, or Vaco's 501st. These were his Honor Guard. Shocktroopers. They had Mark Two Assault Armor, colored white but with rich, detailed engravings along it. they also whore robes like their commander, but instead of black with red trim, these robes were a rich blood red with a golden trim. They hefted assault rifles, shotguns, and even a min gun in the room.

The wall behind Vaco slide open. Normal 501st troops poured out with their weapons raise, and a few officers with their hand guns out came into the room as well.

"Where the hell did you get that min-gun?"

"I'd rather not explain sir.."

"Very well."

"Commander, are y-"

"I'm fine. Just pissed off." cut Vaco. His office was now a mess, a warzone. He looked down and noticed a small picture frame. It was trimmed in a gold flake, but the glass was cracked from a bullet impact. The Commander bent down and picked it up. It was the same picture that Mune was interested in. The bullet impacted the picture in just the right position to remove her face from it. He turned around so his back was facing Jazz and Jessica. His eyes felt hot and stung. His vision became blurry. Ivy might have seen him, but that wasn't the thought going through his mind. He reached out and grabbed his helmet, his hand sliding off of it once. Vaco lifted it off and slipped it on, his armor gave a slight ding as the armor fully powered itself up.

He turned around, helmet now secured. He wanted to kill them both right now, make them pay for their actions. Prison was too good for them... but so was death, even painfully. He knew of one other thing, one other fate that would be worse than even the most painful of deaths. "Take these two," he said with such coldness, pointing at Jazz and Jessica. "and take them to Lord Faus. Tell him that there are two individuals who need his... special skills. Send a full report as well with a request to do whatever he wants with them."
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Gia Panta // High Command// Vaco’s Office

Ivy was a mixture of both stunned and impressed. She had been watching Vaco carefully, aware of the murderous look in his eyes as Jazz teased and rambled. So when Jazz pulled a gun on Vaco, she was taken quite by surprise. By instinct she wanted to intervene; Jazz and Jessica were clearly on the same side as her, and she couldn’t stand around and do nothing while they were, quite clearly, going to get hurt. However it all went too fast for her to keep up with, and once the bullets started flying she had no choice but to keep out of the way, or risk getting shot herself. Mune squeaked and dived under Ivy’s green cloak, the gunfire making the kitten quake in fear. Even Ivy was a bit shaken, still stunned that Jazz and Jessica had tried to take down the Commander on their own. They were either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid…or perhaps stupidly brave. She preferred to side with the latter. But she soon gathered her wits as the fighting (she hoped) had ended. Her eyes followed Vaco solemnly as he picked up the picture frame. It was easy for Ivy to join the dots and realise what the woman in the photograph had meant to him…and that he had lost her. There was a twinge in her heart as she noticed…were those tears?
He’s still hurting really bad from losing her, Tallis thought quietly, expressing Ivy’s own thoughts as she regarded the Commander silently.

But her sympathy soon turned to anger. She stood up, drawing herself to her full height – which admittedly wasn’t very high, but the action served its purpose. “No,” she said flatly, looking directly where Vaco’s eyes were, underneath the helmet. “I think you’ve done enough, Commander. They stay here or you let them go, but do not hand them over to any Undead lord, or I won’t even listen to a word you have to say about anything.” The fierce edge to her voice was clear, and she meant every word of it. A distant rumble of thunder could be heard from somewhere outside.

Calming down again, Ivy slowly walked over to Jazz and Jessica. “As a leader of the Indolentia, I’ll take full responsibility for their actions,” she told Vaco, not even glancing around as she leaned over to the two of them to assess the damage. Ivy added coldly, “Feel free to punish me instead, if it makes you feel any better. But you’ve done more than enough damage to these two, without sending them to be tortured.” The Demi God then turned her attention fully onto Jazz and Jessica. Both of them were injured pretty badly. “You shouldn’t have done that, but I thank you and admire you for trying,” Ivy spoke quietly to Jazz and Jessica. “Not many people would have had the nerve to do that…but it’s time to stop now. You can’t win here, not like this.”

The demi-goddess closed her eyes, as if reaching for something with her mind. A golden globe of light burnt bright in the centre of the office, appearing from nowhere, hovering in mind air as it grew brighter, the heat from it filling the whole room. The globe started to take shape, blazing bright red like fire, as two great flame-covered wings spread from it, flames flickering on blood red feathers. The rest of the creature quickly formed, a large bird, burning so fiercely it looked like it would set the whole room on fire. But the flames left the office untouched, fading down until it was little more than a glimmer on the bird’s lustrous glowing feathers. The wings folded themselves in, as the great mythological creature floated down next to Ivy. His gleaming eyes stared up at her like two pieces of coal amidst a blazing furnace. He bowed his graceful head towards the demi,goddess.

“Lady Xantara,” the ancient firebird nodded in respect, its voice so pure it seemed to echo and sing. The creature then turned his attention to the two humans beside her, inclining his head to the side curiously. His graceful neck bowed low, as the phoenix closed his eyes. Bright tears formed and brimmed under his eyes, each tear appearing to have a slight golden glow as it caught the light, beading down his red feathers and dropping onto the injured skin…first Jazz’s, then Jessica’s. A few drops was all it took to heal them both. As the tears dropped, they seemed to rest there for a second before becoming absorbed into their bodies. The liquid would have burnt fiercely upon contact, but the pain would have soon subsided as the tears sunk in. Rather rapidly, Jazz and Jessica would have found all of the injuries sustained by the fight had simply disappeared; Jessica’s broken nose was healed, as if it had never been touched. As soon as the phoenix saw that they were both healed, he bowed again.

The beautiful creature then turned, not in Ivy’s direction, but in Vaco’s. A single shining tear ran down the firebird’s cheek, as he looked towards Vaco with clear sorrow in his eyes. Perhaps Vaco would realise why. The powerful creature then turned to Ivy once more.

“Thank you, Ashes,” she spoke softly, regarding the great phoenix with kindness, stroking the graceful being with the back of her hand. Flames hungrily licked at her pale skin, but Ivy didn’t even flinch as the fire did her no harm. She ran her fingers gently through the birds feathers, and then looked back at Vaco, waiting to see what he would do. There was still a hint of a blaze beneath her green eyes, warning him that she still stood by what she had said.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Commander Vaco.

Gia Panta. High Command.

The armored figure folded his arms and cocked his head slightly. He was very tempted to rid himself of everything here and be done with it. Do what he should have done in the first place and let this miserable planet burn. Why does any of it matter to him at all? He has only one purpose now, the glory of the Empire, to restore what had been lost so that future generations could live better than he did.

But what about doing the right thing? Is the right thing always following orders? Is it following your heart? Your gut? Your mind? What is it? whispered a small voice in his mind.

They should burn. All of them, this planet should be targeted by an orbital strike. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. From the youngest child, to the oldest man. he countered back. Grief had turned into rage, hardening him. Enforcing him. They should all pay for her death.

But they didn't kill her. it quietly whispered. You killed everyone that day. Even those who surrendered to you. Even a few of your own men died by your hand that day to satisfy the pain. Even that didn't do the trick. what will it take?

Vaco didn't answer back to the voice. A small nick deep inside of him prevented him from pushing the big red button.

Then the damn bird looked into him despite all of his hardness, and emotional blocking, it broke through those and showed unto him everything. Everything he fought to keep hidden from himself and others. Memories flashed through his head at a rate that he couldn't comprehend. Sights, smells, feelings, images, thoughts. It all flashed through his head. Every moment he spent with her echoed in an instant.

Then came the last thing he wanted. That rainy day inside the ruins of that bunker where he held her in his arms, and promised everything would be alright as he softly sang to her.

Vaco mentally slammed the door and shut his thought process down. He went back into his shell. It was too much for him. He couldn't see through his visor at all and he couldn't figure out why until the feeling of warm water softly ran down his face.

Thank God for the sound proofing on this he thought to himself.

Vaco let out a deep breath, unfolded his arms took his position by the window again; arms behind his back facing the window.

"Sir?"

"Would you rather me kill them?" asked Vaco to the Demi-God. "Would you rather that I end their existence, as well as your own? That all of your responsibilities no longer matter, you'd be free in whatever paradise you believe in. That I save them from a from worse than death? I'd save them from the pains of life as well."

He turned around to face them. "Take Jazz and Jessica down to the Prison Level. Section C-24. Process them, get everything you can from them; DNA, blood samples, family history, etc." he said to his Honor Guards. "Should they resist, or try to escape, set a kill-on-sight order."

He looked at the Demi-God as he gave the next order. "Revoke the 501st protection status on Jazz and Jessica that we usually put on our prisoners. I will not lead a Undead Lord to them, but I will not protect them either."

"As you wish," said the guard as others moved towards Jazz and Jessica.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:30 am

“I’d rather you left them alone in peace, to live their lives as they choose,” Ivy replied back, “Not condemn them just because of their ignorance and bravery. They’re just the mice trying to fight the lion, not realising it’s only in the lion’s nature to play with them. It can’t help itself anymore than they can help trying not to get eaten. Neither of them should be punished for something they can not help but pursue, because they think something’s wrong or because they think something is right.”

Ivy stood back up again. The blaze behind her eyes clear. “And now that you ask, I personally would rather die than have my freedom taken away,” she said fiercely, “But I still have a job to do and friends that care about me, and a planet that would suffer alone without me. Maybe if I was that selfish I’d believe death is the answer, but it isn’t. Not until I’ve played my part will I ever consider death an option. I’d like to die knowing I did what I could for others, not die as part of a mercy killing to make me or someone else feel better. Jazz and Jessica don’t deserve to die anymore than they deserve worse. They deserve better mercy than death, and better mercy than suffering at the hands of the Empire. Just like the rest of this planet does.”

On hearing Vaco’s orders, Ivy planted herself firmly in front on Jazz and Jessica. One hand was in the pouch at her side, just in case. Most of her physical weapons were still with her bag in the other room, but she still had her powers and a few objects on her that would do better. She didn’t want to fight, but if Vaco went ahead with what he was doing she wouldn’t stand for it. “If you don’t protect them, that’s as good as handing them over!” she seethed. “They stay here protected, or you let them go free, safe and unharmed. Or I won’t be in such a cooperative mood.”
Storm clouds were now looming over High Command. It seemed as though Ivy’s powers became more active and uncontrollable with her emotions. The phoenix, which was still present, puffed out its chest, flames rising slightly to make itself bigger.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:26 am

---Zackaroah Frostheim--

A giant figure stepped out from the shadows of the dooorway. He slowly leaned underneath to get to the others on the side.

As his foot hit the ground, the subtle nature elements in the air vanished. As he entered the emotion that could be felt in the air would have wasted away.

this being represented the polar oposite of Xantara's magic. It was as if everything she stood for had been turned completely on its head. Zackariah was the only natural undead alive. Maybe Ivy had wondered it, whether Zackariah was him-self a demi god. In any case, one twisted god would have to resided to make him. The emotions swirling in Vaco's mind noticeably lost much of their edge. Ivy may not have meant a war with this, but Zackariah had already established the demi-god's power signature as he walked backed. This would not be physical battle, more as if a mental battle, mean to protect Vaco and eliminate the witch's attack.

The figure's burning grin went straight to Ivy's face. This wold have been a first for the demi-god to see Zackariah in person. Perhaps she had met Faus, perhaps she had talken to him, but whatever aura Faus exuded could not compare to the strange other worldy aura that not only was connected to the warp, but literally made of it. No other undead could compare, most were connected only, had the powers that came with. Zack was completely different, which made one wonder if he was an undead at all.

The glass that Zack was within burned green as the flames shot across his head area.

"I see we are awake Miss Xantara."
Zackariah said as he crossed his arms. His comment was all the more twisted as his skeletal smile made it seem comical. Perhaps the demi-goddess would be slightly sick due to the disposition of this man, the destroyer of nature itself, the reason for this planets decay. Whatever battle Vaco was to have with Ivy was eliminated, it was not Vaco's battle anymore, although Vaco was very much in it. This was a court case for Vaco, and Zackariah and Xantara were laywers.

A heavy thickness hung in the air. The Summoned creature may have felt it, Ivy certainly would. It was as if Zackariah radiated a sort of nagative energy. A kind that was completey anti-nature in, nature. This man, the only natural undead to be made by a most unnatural of means, Undead Lord Zackariah Frostheim.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am

Commander Vaco.

Gia Panta. High Command.

Damn. thought Vaco has he noticed the Undead Lord's presence. Frustration and rage dominated his thoughts now. If only I had acted sooner, or never taken her here. If it wasn't for those two, then we would have been done by now and Ivy could have escaped. He looked around the room and sighed. Lady Ivy, Lord Zackaroah Frostheim. Lord Frostheim, Demi-Goddress Ivy Xantara Swift. he said introducing the two. He walked away from his desk and stood at his normal position by the window.

The situation was no longer in his hands. Although should push come to shove, he'll do what would be necessary.

Captain Sylvanas

Healen's Party.

Sylvanas quietly closed and locked the door behind her. She looked into the vast area that was Healen's bedroom. It was big enough that a family of four could comfortably live within. Decorated in a style that showed off the man's terrible taste in silk, but also power and money. One should have felt some sort of relief when entering the room, some sort of shock and awe. but Sylvanas could only feel dread.

The nightmare started like this for the past three weeks. She would enter just like she did, and sometimes Healen would be here, sometimes he wouldn't. But once the fat crime lord entered, he'd always have his way with her. Sometimes it was the same brutal fuck, other times he'd bring in a dancer from one of his clubs to spice up the night, or Sylvanas and her would do all the work while he lustfully watched them.

She shuddered as the thoughts came through her mind; memories of nightmares long since past. She let the coat droop to the floor and didn't bother to pick up, but she hide the duffel bag underneath one of the chairs. When she stood back up, she heard the door to the room open, the same one that she'd just locked.

She turned around thinking it was Healen and put on a fake smile, but that soon faded away when the person wasn't Healen. It was his son, two guards, and some other girl dressed similar to her.

"Well, well... well," he said looking at her up and down. He did look much better than his father, but he had one of those "greasy" appearances to him. "Sylvanas, isn't it?" Yes. we heard how much fun you are..."

They walked into the room, and Sylvanas took a reflexive step back. She knew what they had planned for her.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Dan Slate, the underground garage

Dan looked at man and then took a look at the car and then back at the man. "OH! He ment the stash of weapons was in the car. Ha I thought after you out the code in it opend so type of armory valt or something." Dan laughed as he made his way back to the car. "Sorry about that dude, I had a few drinks tonight and well....... you know how it goes." Dan then reopend the trunk and took a look at the piece of paper with the code written on it. He mumbled the numbers to himself as he typed the code in. "Oh so thats how it works. Damn I can be dumb sometimes. Guess I shouldn't drink on the job.......actually it was before but you know." Dan was really looking like an incompetent moron but even this was a part of his strategy, the more people who thought he was a bumbling ninnie the easier it gets. Dan aready knew what type of weapons he needed so he didn't spend much time looking through them all, he didn't have time to look at there make or model nor did he care much. Dan took a sniper, assault rifle, a few remote ativated explosives and two handguns just in case. "Ok that seemes to be all I need, back to the party." Closing the trunk Dan took off back to the mansion.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Jasthn » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:28 am

Jazz and Jessica (Gia Panta, High Command.) ~Well, this sucks~

Just as quickly as before, Vaco set his sights on Jessica attacking her ruthlessly. When she stopped firing her magnum, the commander whipped out spraying bullets at her, but with a sudden duck, she dodged the bullets, only to have Vaco appear from behind and twist her arm, causing the magnum to fall to the floor. However, the throwing knife went sailing at Jazz, pinning his sleeve onto the wall so he could not shoot.

More went on. Vaco pinched her neck, causing her to seize up, and grabbed Jessica’s head from the back, slamming it into the desk with a horrible crunching sound. One more punch to the stomach finished Jessica off as well, finally throwing the crippled girl at Jazz.

Within moments, the guards broke open the door, they flooded the room like water on the Titanic. Jazz lifted head, looking at his doom in the eyes, or rather Vaco’s angered eyes. Jazz caught him picking up a picture frame, he saw it only for a second before he started the fight. Vaco, and he would suspect someone important enough for him to turn around with a fierce, dead look. His love maybe? The loss gnawed at Jazz’s stomach however, though he may have gotten a shred of victory from the shot picture frame, Vaco ultimately won. His head fell, bitter with anger and sorrow.

Blood Lord wrote:Take them to Lord Faus.

Jazz frowned. He probably should have guessed as much, if Vaco didn’t kill him by now. He heard the stories, but he couldn’t help but smile on the inside. It only gave him more time to live, and more time to live means he could still stir shit up. His face however, still showed a bitter look.

Why do I still fight? I can’t regain lost memories.” Jazz uttered to himself. “For my sister.” He knew what to do, but before he could even lift his head, let alone speak, Lady Xantra spoke to everyone.

“As a leader of the Indolentia, I’ll take full responsibility for their actions,”

Jazz’s heart stopped. Not from sadness, but from grief of making a leader pay for his own actions.

“Feel free to punish me instead, if it makes you feel any better. But you’ve done more than enough damage to these two, without sending them to be tortured.”

He grew angry. He wouldn’t allow it. Jazz clenched his fist, about to scold Ivy… but something else entirely different caught him off guard. A phoenix sprouted out of nowhere it seemed, its orange glow caused him to look up. A tear dropped onto his skin, burning fiercely, then seemed to be soothed away. Jazz felt no pain on his body, but his heart was still filled with anger.

"Lady Ivy will do no such thing." Jazz quietly, but firmly announced. Jazz stood up slowly, still aching slightly from the healing. "Take me, but leave my sister and Ivy in peace." Jazz raised his hand to Ivy, tired of her words. He didn't want to hear more from her, but somenoe joined the already flooded room. Lord Frostheim was a name he also had heard before. Someone he should avoid, that's what other Idolentia said he thought. Jazz lowered his hand slowly from Ivy, at a sad attempt to hide himself from the conversation.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:06 am

Amir 'Sven' Malachi--Healen's Mansion

"It was a pleasure Sylvanas." Amir bowed to her with a warm smile, silently displeased that he could talk to her more. He watched her disappear from the stairs farther into the mansion and sighed. His attention then was back fully on Healen. The Demi-god smiled devilishly, bowing in a playful manner at the very large man in front of him. "Oh Healen. Your taste in women never ceases to amaze me. You must tell me how you manage to rope in such beauties at another, more lesiurely time."

With another sigh he glanced around, watching Amber disappear to retrieve his drink. He held back a laugh as his gaze stared at her as she flirted with the barkeep. His eyes were examining Healen closely before he finally decided to ask. "Now, just to make sure we're on the same page...What exactly is the Major doing here other than to have a good time at such an obviously wonderful party?"
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Tuor » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:33 pm

-[ Frankie - Stalum Street ]-

He was sitting at battered metal table that had doubtless seen more than its fair share of fights, another was about to erupt. The players sat, as their cigarettes slowly wove a web of blue smoke about them in the dim light of the bar. It was high stakes, these men were all sweating, no matter how they tried to hide it. He glanced at the cards in his hand. Right now he had nothing. He tossed in eight more 20 credit bills. Two men folded, leaving Frankie and a brute of a man in the pot. The last card came up and Frankie felt the medallion against his just pulse. The other man smiled, Frankie's face was blank. The brute took this as a sign of vitsory, slapped his hand down and laughed.
"Good hand John, good hand." he sighed, deflated and got up. "But just not good enough."
Frankie smirked, his cig hanging out of the corner of his mouth. He lay down his hand slowly. 10Image, J Image, QImage, KImage. Frankie nodded at the last card. The Ace of Spades. Frankie could see the anger boiling in the man and his friends who had been watching, Frankie couldn't blame them. It was very luck, almost too lucky. The man lunged towards the table, aiming to dive across it, Frankie was faster. He kicked the table into the man's stomach, and grabbed his own chair, smashing it into a tough's face. Turning he scoope up his earning and shoved them into his pocket. Frankie ran past the big man, who was trying to rise and kicked him the ribs, before fleeing the scene. The bar has descended into a chaotic brawl now as he slipped outside.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Blood Lord wrote:END POST.

Commander Vaco.

Gia Panta. High Command.

Vaco pulled what appeared to be a very old pocket watch from his belt and opened it. Yes, I have put this off for far to long... if only it ended differently. he thought as he checked the time. The armored figure turned around and looked at the situation. Here he was, about to leave the only hope for the planet, facing a Undead Lord. He felt... helpless, hopeless. Some how he wanted to help her, do everything to... but he couldn't. He was an Imperial, he couldn't attack a Lord unless it was in defense. The temptation was there though, to strike the unprotected back of Frost and give her a chance to live... but just perhaps.

But no, he'd be more help alive and where he was at then dead.

He caught the Lieutenant's eye and nodded to her, she understood what it meant. It was time. He caught the Captain of the Guards attention and gave the signal. He understood.

Vaco cleared his throat as the 501st began filing out of the room. "My Lady Ivy," he said. His voice was still ruff, but it had an edge of softness to it, and regret. "It was an honor to meet you, and I wish you the best of luck that someday... perhaps we'll be able to meet under less strained circumstances." he looked around slightly and gave a sigh, "I'm leaving. We've been recalled to a battlefield that requires the 501st's attention more so than Exalia."

He gave a bow to the Demi-Goddess and walked into his room. He fished around for a few seconds and pulled out a very small package. It was a key wrapped in a note. The note read:

"Too bad things didn't work out very well. This key belongs to Locker 501 at the Health and fitness Center located at the corner of 31st Street. I hope this helps you." - V

Vaco dropped the package into Ivy's bag, and quietly whispered. "And none shall ever know my reasoning for this betrayal. Yet, I hope the best for this poor world. Perhaps they would find away to solve their problems, without resorting to violence... Whatever the case, I hope this will help you."

The Lord-Commander turned around and walked down to his hanger. The 501st have been mobilized and were ready to leave. They would ascend into the heavens, and dock with their flagship. From there they would be taken to a different world to fight another raging war.

Little would ever be heard of Vaco again on Exalia. Some of the rumors said that the Commander meet his fate, and died alone on the field of battle stricken with terrible and painful wounds before falling to the ground, surrounded by the bodies of his legendary division. Others say that Vaco lived, and served faithfully for a few more campaigns before retiring back to his own planet and becoming the Grand Masters. Darker stories tell of him dying terribly, but coming back as a fearsome Undead Lord whose wrath knew no end as he lived in a hellish reaity. But one rare one, dismissed easily, said he stayed on Exalia, went after the Sword in the Land Closest to Heaven, but failed.

Whatever the case may be, Lord-Commander Vaco Malen Blood was never seen or heard of by the people on Exaila again.

BLACK HAND and Captain Sylvanas.

The door and window suddenly exploded as Black Five and Six burst through. They brought their guns up and shot everyone of Sylvanas' would be rapists. The Captain slumped to the floor and began to cry in relief, but Five was there for her.

"Hush Minda. Your safe now," Black five whispered as an armored gauntlet gently stroked her hair. Black Six tore open the closet and rummaged through it before finding a thick brown wool blanket and handed it to Five. Five wrapped the nearly naked Captain up as Six grabbed the duffel bag. "The 501st are leaving this world," he said as he picked her up and cradled her. "A newish start for us all."

Sylvanas did not reply, just gulped and kept crying.

The Black Team knew that the time was up, and one by one faded away into the shadows. They regained their armor again and ashed into the party, guns blazing. They killed and wounded dozens of people. One bullet blew Healen's head off, and the rest blazed around Amir.

But as soon as it started, they disappeared without a trace. Black Team and Sylvanas reached their disguised ship, and managed to link up with the rest of the 501st.

Healen's mansion soon started to blow up from underground. Crippling and lopsided the structure. It left the area in partial ruins with Healen's Armory destroyed.

Ivy turned at the sound of Jazz’s words and shook her head. She should have known Jazz would try to shift the blame onto himself.
As much as I love bravery and nobility, it’s times like these that remind me how much I hate it, the demi-goddess thought bitterly to herself. She personally did not want to see Jazz get hurt. If it were up to her, both Jazz and Jessica would be released, safe and unharmed. However Jazz’s protests took the wind out her sails a little. She inwardly sighed. She could choose to ignore him, of course. Carry on fighting for the sake of freeing them and her own conscience. But then she would be fighting against Jazz’s own wishes. She’d be shifting the blame away from him, but shifting the guilt onto him in its place. It placed her in a moral dilemma over what to do. But in the end, it was Jazz’s choice. Faintly she smiled to herself. She could understand what Jazz was doing, after all, since she had done it herself. However bitter and sad it made her feel, Jazz had spoken up for himself. And she respected that...despite how unwise it might have been.
Urrgh, I hate heroes… Ivy thought, frustrated at both Jazz and herself.
Now you’ve got a taste of why I was so frustrated with you earlier, Tallis said smugly. Doesn’t feel good to be on the receiving end of heroics, now does it?
Oh, shut up. I’ve learnt my lesson, ok?
Really? I’ll remind you of that the next time you ‘decide’ to play hero. Because I know you will. You enjoy the role too much. Not to mention you’ll always try to do whatever you think is right.
Ivy privately laughed. You know me too well, she replied to the feline, although it was hard for even Tallis to tell whether she was being serious or not.

She was just about to turn to Jazz to see if it was possible to persuade him otherwise with his choice, when the Undead Lord entered the room. The demi-goddess blinked incredulously. The dismay clear on her face. Oh…this is not good…
There was a sudden twist in her stomach, like taking a plunge on a rollercoaster with a full stomach. Lord Zachariah Frostheim. Yes, she recognised the voice and name from the conversation she had eavesdropped on earlier. But still, nothing could have prepared her for what she was faced with. Something so unusual and seemingly unnatural, both in appearance and in presence, and yet, Ivy could tell he was a result of nature....It both surprised her and disgusted her. In fact if there wasn’t Jazz and Jessica and a wall behind her, she would have physically taken a step backwards.

Ashes, who had been swelling himself up ready for a fight, flattened his red feathers again, looking disgruntled. The phoenix flapped its great wings out before folding them again, looking from Frost to Ivy and back again.

Ivy also noticed with a frown of consternation the affect he was having on her powers, as the storm she had been creating over High Command disappeared before it even had the chance to form.

What…how…? It felt like something was draining her magic, almost like if she tried anything with her powers in this area, it would take a lot more effort and strength to get it to work at all. She stared at Frostheim, as if trying to fathom out something she could not understand. It seemed as though this Undead Lord was completely the opposite of everything she was, everything she represented.
I knew there would be something in place to counter me, the Demi-goddess thought, feeling slightly ill. Perhaps this is it.

Ivy then turned her head, looking in Vaco’s direction, almost despairingly. He was leaving. That meant she, Jazz and Jessica were on their own. She nodded to Vaco respectfully. “The same goes to you, Commander,” she said quietly, a hint of sadness as she watched him and the 501st leave. Once they were gone, she then reluctantly turned back to face the skeletal Undead.

“Lord Frostheim,” the female elf nodded in acknowledgement, with no warmth in her voice. “I would say it’s a pleasure to meet you, but that wouldn’t be true.” She was still standing protectively in front of Jazz and Jessica, like a mother trying to defend her young. Mune peeked her fluffy head out from underneath Ivy’s cloak with wide eyes, and seeing Zackariah, promptly dived back inside again.

Tallis the Tortoiseshell ~ Gia Panta // High Command// Vaco’s Chambers//Ivy’s bag

Meanwhile, the black, orange and white cat had been sitting patiently inside the demi-god’s bag. She sat bolt upright, ears erect as she smelt and heard the Commander enter the room. Guardedly she waited, tail swishing…and then jumped slightly as the package was dropped in. She was a little stunned by the Commander’s words, which only she had been close enough to hear.
Tallis exchanged looks with Chris’ dove, which was also still hiding in the bag.
Betrayal…?

Tallis stared at the package, now inquisitive. She leant over and sniffed at it cautiously, before carefully and delicately unwrapping the note with her paws and teeth. Cocking her head to the side, she noticed the key, and then read what the note said. Then as soon as she was sure she had memorised it and had passed the information on to Ivy, she ate the note, stuffing the key inconspicuously into one of the inside pockets of the bag. The cat then resumed listening, and waiting.

Ekora Faus (formerly Mystara Hallow) ~ Krimlo // Research District

Ekora followed Gabriel Faus through the fortress, surveying everything with a casual but curious eye.
As they stopped at the thick plated door, she tilted her head slightly. “A great tool…?” she repeated, wondering what her father had been up to, as she followed him through the door. She smiled warmly at her father as he spoke about needing her. It was a wonderful feeling, the feeling of being needed. And the fact that a powerful man such as Faus needed her help, she couldn’t help but smile a little to herself.

She took hold of Gabriel’s hand, following him down the hallway. As they walked, she wondered what could be so important as to need this level of security. It seemed obvious that Faus was planning something big, but what?

As they reached the other side, Ekora stared up at the monolith, setting her eyes on it for the first time. So this is what he’s been working on… She thought to herself. The girl listened, looking to Faus curiously and then back at the monolith. But she nodded, doing as instructed. She lifted her hand, closing her eyes as she concentrated, reaching out with her power towards the structure, searching for the seals and activating them. She then noticed she could feel something, like a strong wind, and yet there didn’t appear to anything physically there. Ekora then looked back to Faus, questioningly and expectant.
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:37 pm

~~Zackariah Frostheim~~

Frost continued staring at Ivy as Vaco left. His departure had been expected by Frost, and in some cases, Frost had actually arranged for the commander to quickly leave the planet. With Vaco out of the way it would only be him and Lord Faus now. The plan was starting to come together.

"Good bye Commander Vaco, may the emperor be with you, even in death." Frost repeated to Vaco the same mantra that was taught to all soldiers within the Empire.

Whatever Vaco had been planning would be dashed to pieces. Frost knew a turning point would be coming in the near future. Peace could not solve it, peace never solved anything, death was the only great equalizer as long as thinking beings roamed the planet. Peace was just a nice word to make those responsible feel as if they've accomplished something when in reality they've only setup an exact replica of their past. Conflict changed everything, people, cultures, technology, war was the true end all and be all, there would be no avoiding it. No as long as thinking beings continued to have free will.

He Undead Lord stared down Ivy with equal attention. His stare was made further uncomfortable by the skeletal grin.

"Hmm, well that's where we differ my dear, it is indeed a pleasure to meet you. The Demi-goddess Ivy Xantara Swift."

Regular Grim soldiers filed in outside near the doorway to replace the retreating 501'st. Frost was somewhat displeased that Vaco had decided to take the entire division with him on his swan song. No doubt they'd all end up dead on some unknown planet. Frost was not angry that the planet would be amply protected, just angry that a certain experiment of his would be deprived of its prized soldiers. They filed behind Zackariah and aimed their weapons at the three.

"For your benefit, I will ask nicely, put down any weapons and belonging's you may have and we will escort you three to your cells. As a sign of my favor, I taken the liberty of assigning you adjacent cells, Miss Xantara's cell, however, will have some more precautions given her. . .disposition. You will stay there while I figure out just what is to be done with you all. I can only say this: Ivy, you have my respect considering you are of. . .natural nobility. However, the two behind you are complete imbeciles who could not pull off an assassination if the target helped them put the gun to their head. Yes, both of you, complete and utter idiots. You for example!"
Frost said, jabbing a finger at Jazz.

"Attempting to kill an extremely skilled soldier, BASED ON A WHIM?!?! I've met rocks with more intelligence and wit then you! I suppose it was your fault that you sister had to react to it as well eh? Is the entirety of the Indolentia so dependent on the Demi-god's leadership that they cannot even tie their own shoes? You don't even deserve to be called a rebel group. Just a group of children being lead by slightly more powerful children"
Frost said, blasting Jazz and his sister, as well as the Indolentia.

"You are a millennium too late if you think you can succeed like that. Now, unless the Goddess has any rebuttal's, I'll have you all off to the cells." Frost said, folding his arm and tapping his foot against the ground.

---MIR---

The large robot was quite dismayed when the structure was lit up from the explosions. He he had thought he'd be able to cause some damage, but by the look of things, the damage had already been done. It seemed MIR had misjudged the detonation time he has assumed the Black-hand would use. He'd mull over the miscalculation later, for now he'd return to base, empty handed.

'What a complete and utter disappointment. . ."
MIR said in one of his comment files on the incident.

The large invisible robot hovered home, the night was ending, MIR did need some fuel and electricity anyways. . .

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:14 am

{Krimlo, Monolith Hangar}

The gigantic object stared at Ekora each time its eye was within view of her. The seals ran warm with energy as it began to tug at the girl's energy. She could feel the process; Every minute bit of energy that it drew from her felt as if feathers were gently tracing under her fingertips. She could see, within the depths of her mind and spirit, that the energy was shaping and forming into a detailed form. The shape started out simple, being nothing more than a thin ring of bright blue that was rolling like a wheel. Then it began to draw in mass, becoming thick and forming a bulge at one spot on the ring. The bulge quickly turned into a serpentine head that was biting onto its own tail while spinning in an endless loop within the air. Scales began to form, causing the blue to shine with hues of deep green, violet, purple, and dark scarlet as an unseen light shined over the form. Despite that there was an endless void of darkness all around.

Except for the masculine man by her side, still holding her hand. He seemed unaware of the transition, or otherwise didn't care. Very quickly she would notice that they were both glowing with a bright glow from some inner light. And neither of them actually was wearing any clothes. In truth, they only had translucent veils of what they should have been wearing, mildly vibrating around them both like an aura of reality attempting to keep hold of her senses. But something odd stood out about Gabriel's form in her spiritual eye; Inches above his head, a ring of ash and ember slowly looped over his head, a deep darkness similar to smoke constantly washing out to hover over his head. A thick blanket of a despairing truth that seemed to be waiting for its time to enshroud Ekora's father and swallow him whole. And just over the edges of his shoulder blades rested glowing lines of crimson shaped similar to deep scars, with black threads stitching his skin close, but never fully closing his wounds. Ashy, burnt remnants of feathers fluttered in the air over the scars and down his back, falling like leaves in the fall. Beneath the slight gaping of the stitched wounds, bone could be seen. Thin but sturdy bones that seemed broken, as if they had once protruded out under his shoulders with extra limbs.

By the time Ekora could take her attention from the nude, shinning, glowing form of her masculine father and his flowing hair, the looping serpent had completely formed in the air where the monolith's eye had once been. The air within the ring of its body began to shake and fold inward, crumbling in the wake of another reality forcing itself through the hole the serpent created. A single face slowly emerged from the brightening light of the tear in space, floating forward as a lifeless mask with no emotional expression. It was suddenly grasped by the chin by a thumb and index finger that hadn't been there before. The mask began to pull away as a face and form started to show under a thick shroud of mystifying air.

Ekora was suddenly blocked from seeing the being as the light from the serpent grew to rival the shine of any star. It called out to her with an echoing voice that shivered within the air. It was impossible to understand at first, but each echo of the words slowly became more familiar until she could finally understand what it was saying. The words seemed so faint and soft, though, that her mind almost forgot them instantly.

Upon the return of reality to her vision, the words left her completely. The monolith was glowing within an aura of gold and neon blue lines. The eye was still as visible, and still staring at Ekora as blatantly as before. "It's not really watching you..." Gabriel's voice suddenly broke into her mind as he spoke. "The object itself is more mystic than the spells I've placed upon it... No matter how many people look at it, they each perceive the eye as watching only them. It's a form of distraction that it uses to keep individuals from noticing that they are being constantly @%&%^#%@!%^***%^$#^."

Gabriel turned his head a bit, an amused tone ringing out from under his helmet. "Though, as you likely heard, it also ensures that its actions are never reported. Mentioning it only blankets out all form of information transfer. Silencing speech, blurring text, and any of numerous other forms of reality censorship. I'm certain that it blocks the reading of lips by making it look like the speaker is just screaming... The object is very picky about discretion." He began turning while holding Ekora's hand still, starting to walk back out with her. "But the process is complete now. My staff can proceed from here on..."
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Stalum Street - Chris and Ashley.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...Echoed through the misty deserted street. The deep voice bounced around the street reverberating, growing and warping as it travelled around it's surroundings. Drink and the devil had done for the rest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. A blurred shape could be seen limping through the fog, an odd three legged creature with a arm flailing wildly around, the hand dripping and flicking a thick reddish liquid around the place as it swished left and right to the beat of the drunken song. We wrapped 'em all in a mains'l tight, with twice ten turns of a hawser's bight. It stumbled and fell to the right as it swung a bit too vigourously, and spun roundon it's two right feet as it tried to balance, the left flying loosely through the air as the creature laughed happily and muttered strange angry noises at the same time.

And we heaved 'em over and out of sight, With a Yo-Heave-Ho! and a fare-you-well, and a sudden plunge in the sullen swellllllarghkahagh... the creature suddenly spewed out over it's mis-shapen shoulder and fell apart as it split into two. Urgghhhk...Damnit Chris, all over me, fucking hell. The second person giggled as he pushed himself upright and took another swig from it's bottle. Fuck Chris, you just threw up over me, give me that. They scuffled for a few seconds, Chris moaning like a child and swearing, not like a child, as he held back Ashley with his arm while keeping the bottle out of reach with his other as Ashley tried to reach for it with his left and push Chris's face out of the way, along with the rest of him with his other. This continued for a while as they clawed and kicked at each other down the street until Ashley managed to duck under Chris's arm, get a leg between his feet, grab the bottle with one hand and push Chris over with the other.

Chris landed, splashed and rolled out of a puddle. Bitsch. he mumbled as he tried to catch his breath. Drunk. Ashley replied smugly as he took a swig from the bottle, made a face and chucked it down a nearby alley. Ten fathoms deep on the road to Helll.. he muttered as he reached out towards Ashley. Yo ho ho and a bottle oooffff rumm.. Chris swayed over to Ashley and leaned onto him again as they set off down the street. They continued in silence as they neared the local bar. ....Hey Ashley? Ashley sighed and rubbed the bags under his eyes. ....What is it Chris? Chris giggled childishly again as he leaned right up against Ashley. ...wanna...wanna see something funny? Ashley turned his head away and pretended to throw up at Chris's rotten breath. Sure..why not? hehehe.... Chris reached blindly backward, unzipped his backpack and pulled out the shell of Jace's helmet, loose wiring hanging out the back.

Guess who I am. He screamed as he jammed the helmet roughly over his head, his wild laughter muffled through it as Ashley looked with disdain through the visor. Duhh...I is a soldier, I have a gun, I like to shoot things. Ashley sighed and started hitting his forehead with the palm of his hand as Chris started giggling again in the helmet and pretending to shoot things with his finger, giving off little "bang" noises and "ka-pows" as well. Lords...give me strength not to strangle this drunken idiot. He raised his head again as they reached the bar and crescendoing racket and a man making a hasty exit from the maddness. Good day citizen. Wonderful weather we arere having, isn't it? Chris said in a deep and proper voice before descending into hysterics and making little "pa-pow" noises inbetween the laughter as he pretended to shoot at the man's head. Bang bang.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Jasthn » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Jazz stood behind the demi-god with a cold stare as he observed Zach. He wasn’t scared, but he had an extremely uneasy feeling, though it wouldn’t stop him from cracking an insult or two. He was already the worst possible position, so what could make him go down further?

“Assassination? Who said anything about an assassination?” Jazz scratched the inside of his ear, giving a ‘fuck off a bit’ vibe. “An assassination would involve me doing the killing silently, I think I did the opposite. “I wanted to make some jokes, make him mad, and then kill him. I was looking to do quite the opposite of an assassination.”

“Seriously? You’ve met a rock with more intelligence? Where is he? I want to meet him... Or her. I’ve never heard of a smart rock before in my life.” Jazz flicked his finger toward Zach, as if trying to flick something at him.

“Besides that, I didn’t get sent here to do this, I wanted to do it myself, and she followed.” Jazz pointed at Jessica, standing completely still at the sight of Zach. “Along with that, I had no intention of saving her. I had no idea who she was, and I had no idea she was here.” Jazz tapped the back of her head a few times happily. “I can tie my shoes too. Look here, it’s a double knot.” Jazz lifted up his foot, showing Zach. His comebacks may have been quite stupid, but he was having fun. “Who said we were a rebel group either? We’re just supporters of the Idolentia. Wait… Are we a group? I thought a group would be something like, fifteen people…” He held his head in thought for a moment, again, a way to have some fun with Zach.

“Can we go with her? She seems like fun, I like her, she looks cute, and I dislike you.” Jazz pouted in a poor manner. He laid his head on the top of Ivy’s head, I think she has something to say. “You either take me, or you let me go with Ivy, Zack.” Jazz smiled bitterly, but with a warm intention in his heart.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:23 am

~~Zackariah Frostheim~~

Zackariah sighed at Jazz's reply. The boy really was as stupid as he looked. "You can play off your idiocy any way you like, but the fact of the matter is you failed in the most spectacular way possible."

Zack yanked a rifle away from a nearby soldier. He casually aimed it at Jazz and fired a shot off into his leg before they could move. Zack made sure the round found its way into his knee-cap, one of the most painful places to be shot.

"What is this? Some tryout for baby's first argument?" Zack said. "Your entire argument syntax follows the same route a child's would. Who cares about terminology? That's exactly the reason you should leave the arguing and killing to adults. As long as you keep thinking like that you'll never amount to anything important."

Zack pointed a finger at Ivy. "Don't get his hopes up either. This thing is solved from the inside out. You'd only fill his head with even more childishness then he needs. I have an apprentice who can at least explain his screw-ups. You, you're not even a teenager yet. Besides, know your place, your in no position to act smug you wretch." Zack said, the cold grin somehow feeding into his words.

"In fact, I have more then a mind to punish you now that you had to prove just how stupid you really are." The Rifle Zack was holding slowly melted in his hands and onto the floor. The soldiers did not display any recognition for this, except for the one the rifle had belonged to, who watched with a slightly dismayed face as his weapon disintegrated in the Undead's hands.

--Jace--

He shoved the many soldier's grouped around the former commander's office out of the way. He'd been busy getting the sword registered at the armory. Then he'd heard the shot. Now at first Jace had assumed it was from the firing range (which was logically near the armory) however, as Jace walked back to his quarters a group of Grim's ran in line down the hall. A general warning went up on the LED's in Jace's eyes. He quickly followed behind the soldiers. The sword of memories was strapped to his back, its handle hanging over his left shoulder. It was in a black sheath.

"I came as soon as the aler-" Jace stopped mid sentence as a familiar aura assaulted him. Zack meant business. Jace could see it, he could feel it. Jace swiveled to see where Zack's attention lay. Those two kids from earlier and Ivy. The kid looked to have been shot in his knee recently, and the way Zack was staring at him (as well as the residue on the ground) indicated the kid had somehow made Zack angry.

"I'm glad you could make it Jace. Now, as I was saying, unless the Goddess has anything to say, Jace will be taking you to your cells. Except for this fool here, I have something special for him"

"I will?" Thought Jace, still somewhat confused about the situation

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Ivy did indeed find the Undead’s stare uncomfortable, doing all she could not to break eye contact and look away, anything to draw the attention away from herself. She was actually quite relieved when Frost’s attention switched to Jazz, although she didn’t like the direction it was headed. She couldn’t help but smile a little at Jazz’s comebacks.
Hmm, needs a lot of work, but he’s got a good attitude to it, which is a start, she thought to herself. And he’s getting a reaction out of him too. Bonus points.
And there was me thinking you were going to take this matter seriously, Tallis muttered.
Seriously? I’m taking this very seriously. I like Jazz’s spirit, even if he is digging a hole for himself, he’s got my respect.
And how important is your respect?
Oh, very important.

However her smile was short-lived as Jazz was shot in the leg. The demi-goddess gave a hard look in Frost’s direction. “Really, I just cleaned him up after the fight he had with Commander Vaco,” she said in exasperation, leaning over Jazz with concern, “Did you have to go and do that to him as well?”

Ivy stood back up, her arms folded as she listened to Zack’s rant. A slight smirk formed on her mouth as he pointed a finger at her. Filling his head with childishness? Whatever gave him that idea? Honestly, what is it with people accusing me of things before I’ve hardly done anything?

The youthful looking woman continued to watch the scene carefully, looking back with concern at Jazz. Ivy nodded in Ashes’ direction, who nodded back, fluttering over to the young man and quickly dripping more tears into Jazz’s wounds. With a slight hiss, the wound began to rapidly heal, the bullet dropping out with a small clatter against the ground. The phoenix then fluttered over to perch on the back of a chair, preening its fiery feathers.

With a sigh, Ivy fastened the pouch at her side back up, her hands empty. “Very well,” she said, not making a fuss, and made her way over to Jace. “I’ll be going.” However halfway there, she stopped and turned to Lord Frostheim. “But you better not harm Jazz,” she said levelly, her luminous green eyes blazing into his, before she looked away and carried on walking. She could feel Mune still trembling underneath her cloak, clinging to her side with tiny claws. Ivy looked back to Jessica with a soft expression, gesturing her to follow her.

As for Ashes, he stayed where he was, eying the scene closely in case any of the Grims or the Undead tried anything. The great phoenix would not leave until he was sure his healing services weren’t needed again by Jazz or Jessica.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 am

-[ Frankie - Stalum Street ]-

Frankie heard someone address him and turned smoothly, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. His face now bathed in orange light. He considered the question and looked about the misty, dank, deserted streets and chuckled. "Oh ya, great weather." Suddenly the speaker dissolved into giggling and wielded his fingers like guns. Frankie took on an air of mock determination and rolled to the side, wielding his own finger-guns. "Perskew perskew!" Frankie laughed and picked himself up, his cigarette had miraculously stayed in his mouth. "Nice playing with you guys but I really should get going." he said, jerking his thumb towards the bar in explanation.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jasthn » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Jazz and Jessica (High Command, Vaco's Office) ~Well, this stinks.~

It was too quick for him to react. Zack pulled a gun off another soldier, then shooting him in the knee cap. All Jazz could really do was look at the gun until the point at which it fired, then falling to the ground in pain. He grunted a bit, biting his lip to hold in a scream of pain. His eyes closed tightly, and his hands clenched the ground.

Jessica cryer out slightly from the gunshot, quickly stepping to Jazz, looking at the would. She felt even worse when she noticed Jazz continuing to talk with Zack. She couldn't tell whether to be mad or sad, but she still held her head down over Jazz's neck.

Indeed it seemed much more fun to bug Zach rather than Vaco, he could already tell he would have to watch himself. It wasn't that he was childish, or stupid either, but that he wanted to, and liked playing that role. Again, relieving him from a headache and gave him the enlightenment he always loved.

Zack continued to talk about Jazz, how much of a kid he truly was. However, he only smiled more as the speech went on. "You certainly have a whole bunch of shit to fling around, don't you? Anyone can explain a screw up they've made..." Jazz struggled to get up, supporting himself with his only good leg."I just choose to move on quickly and have fun rather than act dull and boring like Vaco and yourself." Jazz smiled gruffly at Zack. "You seem to be the main attraction Miss Ivy. We've really only just met, and their accusing you of filling my head with childishness. How... Childish." he smiled at his half ass pun. 

Jazz sat down on the ground again. His leg had become sore from supporting himself on it. Soon after, another soldier blew in, startled by Zack's appearance. Jazz could only assume this person was a lower ranking officer close to Zack, or his said apprentice. Ivy as well, scuffled around, healing Jazz, yet again. The bird dropped a tear onto his knee again, it burned again, and it healed again. "Well this seems familiar." he added "Is there a way for me to get one of these awesome phoenix's? They're really helpful." he ended with a hearty chuckle. The bullet bounced on the ground several times like a bell to Jazz, telling him to get up. He, and Jessica both, stood up when Ivy began to walk forward. 

Don't do anything too stupid you idiot. Promise to meet up with me? Jessica whimpered slightly. She knew that with him in Zacks hands, there was going to be nothing but trouble, and probably death for Jazz.

"I can't deny a ladies request. I'll do everything in my power to do so." Again, Jazz smiled to his sister. A bitter, but comforting smile.

Jessica only smiled, nodded, and went off with Ivy. 

I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby top gear tony » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

Dan Slate and Rusty, Healen's mansion (A few seconds before the explosion)

Dan was on his was back to the party to discus more mission details with James when he had reached the door Rusty shoot past him as though he was running from something this of made Dan raise an eyebrow. "Whoa whats his prob-." Dan was cut off mid sentence when the mansion went up like a light and the door in fron of him ditached it self and blew off it's hinges smaking straight into Dan taking both it and Dan's stupid ass across the cort yard. Good thing too the door must of shielded him for most of the explosion.

(Present time)

Dan awoke a few seconds later. "Aw jess that was just not called for. When I get my hands on who ever did that i'm gonna.... ow." Dan stoped mid rant to find a piece of wooden debri lodged in his right forearm. "God damn it. I guess that's why Rusty was running out of the building, i'm suprised and impressed that he knew there were bomb planted here." Dan said with a proud smile for his fore lagged companion. Suddenly a rustle in the bushes made Dan look in that direction. His proud smile soon disappeared when he saw Rusty doing his business by a tree. "Ok so he didn't run out because he knew about the bombs he ran out because he needed a slash. Man that is one lucky dog."

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Slipslash » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:42 pm

~~Zack & Jace--

Zack could not help it anymore. This boy should have pursued a career in comedy.

"Bwa. .ha ha HA HA HA HA!" Zack laughed as Jazz answered him in spite of the wound. "And just what shall you do if I do intend to harm your little pawn hmm?"

"Ha ha ha, you Inolentian folk are one for entertainment I tell you!"
Zack laughed again as he watched them all proceed out of the former commander's office. Two soldiers walked up to Jazz and rudely grabbed him, leading him forward with a shove and a gun pointed at his back.

"And take your stupid bird with you too. Otherwise I'll make it a specimen for one of my experiments." Zack said, waving a hand at Ash. A brave Grim Soldier stood nearest the bird, he had a towel in his hand and was attempting to shoo it away. Zack decided to let the soldiers stupidity flounder, that and Zack wanted the bird to do something, for if it did, that'd give an excuse for Zack to blast it with so much radiation it would melt on the spot. Zack hated that the goddess had to be so stubborn, but if she wanted to play it that way, Zack would have no problem putting her in her place.

"Jace, lead her to her quarters. Her friend here is coming me." Zack said as he turned and walked out of the door.

"as you wish sir." Jace answered as he followed the demi-goddess small procession.

-----------

The soon arrived at the prison quarters. Zack was not present as he was dealing with Jazz. jace however, was. A prison guard met them along with way and lead them to a small room with a metal table.

"Alright, place all your belongings on the table. Bags, weapons. . ." The guard indicated. Jace stood in the back of the room with no particular expression. About four Grim soldiers stood outside.

---------

The other group of soldier's walked with Jazz in hand. Zack lead the small procession to their destination. By the looks of it, Jazz was in a back area of the base, one not based for "visitor-use" dim florescent lights glowed overhead making the cold concrete interior even grimier.

"I'd like to stay and sew that mouth of yours shut but I have the Goddess whom must attend to. Do not worry boy, you won't end up dead, death is but a disease to me, a disease I can cure. As long as your body and mind works everything is possible." Zack said as the soldier's threw him into a dank, cold, cell. There was water puddled around a corner, a hole for what could only be assumed a toilet. There was no window, there were no bars, there was no light. As the large metal door slammed shut Jazz was washed in total, silent, darkness.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Gia Panta // High Command// Arriving at prison quarters

Ivy inwardly grinned at Jazz’s words. Oh, I do like him, she thought to herself. I like him a lot.
Well Jazz does seem like your type, her cat summon teased.
Tallis! That’s not really what I meant…
The tortoiseshell telepathically grinned. Just saying. Hey, what’s the betting if you two ever get free of here, he’ll ask you out on a date?
Darling, I get enough of that already without you playing matchmaker. And you don’t know that anyway.
Well he already said you’re cute…
Tallis, unless you want to be glomped and humiliated by a sea of mice…
Okay, fine fine, shutting up now.

As for Frostheim…the demi-goddess found him to be rather unpleasant – both in natural aura and character. Well, at least he appears to have a sense of humour…of sorts, she mused, as she walked out of the office.

Meanwhile Ashes slowly blinked at the Grim Soldier trying to shoo him away. If the phoenix had any sort of expression on its face, it could be said to be one that wasn’t the least bit bothered, and somewhat amused by the feeble attempts to remove him. The bird was tempted just to stand there with its fire burning, and wait for the soldier to hurt himself…but Ivy requested that he should move. With a resigned look, the phoenix spread out its wings and took off. It glided into Vaco’s quarters, remerging with Ivy’s belongings. Ashes then sailed out after the demi-goddess, following closely just behind her.

As she walked, Ivy noticed a very familiar natural presence. The Forest of Memories… And the presence wasn’t just coming from the mirror inside her bag – there was something else, something more ambiguous and yet much more powerful. And it was coming from Jace’s direction. Ivy frowned to herself, her eyes wandering to rest on his left shoulder. Then she looked away, shrugging it off. Maybe she’d get a chance to ask about it later.

As they approached the prison quarters, the elf girl looked over to Jessica, giving her a small reassuring smile. No doubt she was worried about Jazz…Ivy was too. I hope he’s alright, she thought quietly to herself. If she was concerned, she could only imagine what Jessica was feeling.

The Demi-goddess sighed, taking the belongings her phoenix had been carrying and placing them on the table. Her celestial bow and arrows, followed by her unbreakable sword, and then her bag.

“My Lady?” Ashes questioned.
Ivy looked to the bird, smiling briefly. “Yes, you can go now, Ashes.” With that, the great phoenix flapped its wings a final time, before erupting into flames and vanishing altogether.

“Tallis, you might as well come out now,” the female demi-god called resignedly. Ivy knew that there was little point in Tallis hiding anymore, since if they really wanted to search the bag, she knew Tallis wouldn’t be able to stop them, and certainly not by herself. The youthful woman took off the two pouches she had on her and put them down too; one containing seeds and one containing stones. To anyone else such things were useless, but to Ivy they were valuable weapons.

“Finally, my legs were going to sleep in there.” A long-haired tortoiseshell cat wriggled it’s way out of Ivy’s bag, followed by Chris’ dove, which flew straight to Ivy’s shoulder. Tallis stared back at the prison guard, giving him a look of distaste, before leaping off the table and proceeding to weave her way around Ivy’s elegant legs, purring loudly. After a moment she stopped, looking up at Jessica and swishing her fluffy tail in a friendly manner. “You okay, Jessica? It is Jessica, right?” the cat looked at her with bright eyes that seemed to smile. “The name’s Tallis. And yes, you can pet me. I don’t bite – well, not you I won’t.”

Meanwhile, Ivy had been putting down the rest of her belongings down, including the two potions she had used earlier. She also brought two apples out of her pocket, which although bruised and slightly over ripe, grew back bright and healthy in her hands, as if it had just been freshly picked. She tossed one to Jessica, biting into the other one herself, without a care for what the guards or anyone thought of it. She hadn’t eaten in a while, and she was starting to get hungry.
“Yep, that’s the lot,” she spoke, taking another bite from her apple.
Time Lady

Postby Jasthn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Jazz- High Command// Prison Area.

Jazz fumbled down the damp, cold, poorly lit concrete hall. Water dripped from the walls and ceiling, the floor was cracking, the dirty metal doors were rusted, and the smell was anything but fresh. The soldiers continued to grip Jazz firmly with a gun to his back. "Hey, I don't like it that rough you know, you can loosen up a bit since I am the guest of honor. Look, I even get my own cell." Jazz groaned at the last part about the cell. He was nearly thrown inside, and then closed in.

"Don't worry Zack, I don't intend to die yet." Jazz mocked Zack. "Just make sure to tell the Ivy I say 'Hello there,' and tell my sister 'Hey.'" Jazz sat down on the dry ground. He observed his empty black cell with humor and interest. "Let's see... I can put a sink there, a bed there.... A microwave and oven there along with a stove there... And a tv right there!" Jazz rambled loudly as the guards and soldiers and Zack closed the metal door, leaving him in a pitch black room.

"Well, this sucks."

Jessica- High Command// Prison Area with Lady Ivy

Jessica followed close behind Lady Ivy. She felt horrible. She was not near her brother, whom she cared so much for. Jessica twiddled her fingers and thumbs, bit her lip, and continuously looked down at the cold, dead pavement. She looked up to see Ivy smiling at her, she too smiled but with a hollow feeling. Without Jazz, she was a hollow shell, she is a sports stadium without the roaring people, a singer without a voice.

The seemingly emotionless sister halted at a metal table, being instructed to remove all weapons and anything else of the sort. She looked at the table with a blank look on her face for a moment, and then began to progress. She first took puff then two katana weapons, then the handgun. Jessica then unlatched the sniper rifle, setting it down on the table with a loud clunk, and then stood silently, thinking about something.

She bent backward, reaching into her boot trying to find something until she finally pulled out a metallic, sparkling throwing knife and set it on the table. She unlatched her waist belt for her sniper and katana weapons setting it on the table, and then her leg belts holding the magnum ammo. Jessica certainly took a large amount of weight off of her body, causing her to creak for a moment, but she felt much more light weight, and without the guns, her slender figure could finally been seen clearly.

Ivy called out to someone suddenly, and a fury cat popped out of Ivy's bag right after. The fluffy cat leaped out of the bag, rubbing against Ivy's legs. The cat looked cute, until it began to talk, then Jessica was overthrown with confusion. It asked her if she was okay, and she replied with a slow nod. Again she nodded, confirming her name with the cat. She was certainly confused, but again, without her brother, she felt bare and could barely say 'Yes thank you' to the talking cats question. Jessica held out her hand, guiding it over the cats warm, soft fur. Over the ear, down the side of the head, under the chin and finally out all in one gentle, ever so slow stroke. Is your name Tallis? Is that what I may call you by? Jessica managed to say those words, ever so softly with a shallow, sad smile painted on her face.

Ivy threw an apple Jessica's way, just barely managing to catch it in time. She looked at it for a moment, and then positioned her focus to Tallis. Would you like some?... The girl questioned.  I can cut half of it for you. Jessica, this time managed to give an actual smile to the astonishing cat.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:04 pm

~Prisoners~

The guard looked a bit bewildered when the goddesses cat jumped out of the bag and began talking. He quickly shook off the look and resumed his previous professional manner. Meanwhile, Jace continued to have no particular expression on his face as he watched the spectacle unfold before him. Jace found the goddesses antics to be of little importance to her cause. A variable bag full of cheap tricks and gimmicks, Jace could hardly believe she was a god. Like the boy, Ivy seemed a little too childish, if not her, then her methods. Hide it anyway you could ("but she only acts like that" would be the normal excuse) it was still disgusting that she did it.

Jace could understand why Zack despised her so much. Although, Jace himself did not dislike her, he just found her methods. . .a little distasteful.

"No, animals, and line up on the wall over there, we have to frisk you." The guard said flatly to Ivy as he and a few other guards, put their things in large plastic chests. two of the guards stepped forward to do their respective jobs, but Jace put up a hand. "I'll handle the goddess." he said as he stepped behind her. Speaking of mixed feelings, Jace couldn't nail down exactly why he didn't want the guard to frisk Ivy. Jace supposed it was because he knew Ivy at least trusted (if not a little) himself to touch her then a random stranger. Jessica had no doubt been through the routine before.

"I know you may not want to do this, but at least it's me."
Jace whispered to Ivy before starting.

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:59 am

Lady Ivy “Xantara” Swift ~ Gia Panta // High Command// Prison quarters

Tallis couldn’t help but grin a little at the guard’s reaction. It was always amusing to see how people responded to a ‘talking’ animal such as herself. Particularly since as far as Tallis was concerned, she had always been able to talk. The only difference was that humans and the like were usually too stupid to understand her language, but now with Gaiana’s power, the cat could communicate on the same level as them. That added with her boosted intelligence, put her and Ivy’s other animal summons on par with human sentience…whilst still retaining their animal sentience too. In some ways, it made Tallis and her comrades more intelligent than the vast majority of humans and ‘people’…depending on what type of intelligence you took into account. Certainly in terms of intellect and capability to learn, Ivy’s animals could quite easily match that of the average human’s, if not more so.

However Tallis didn’t spend much thought on it. It was something she was used to by now, and although she still enjoyed watching people’s expressions, the feline took it all naturally in her stride. Even when she spoke to Jessica, she knew what to expect, but was pretty relaxed with the situation. She allowed the girl to stroke her, closing her eyes briefly for a moment, before opening them again once she removed her hand.

“Yes, you can call me Tallis,” the tortoiseshell replied, answering Jessica’s question. “And don’t worry about the whole talking thing, you get used to it after a while. Y’see, I’m not like other animals.” The cat winked at her.

Gingerly sniffing at the apple, Tallis did however politely turn down the offer of sharing it. “Thanks for the thought, but you have it,” Tallis said, giving a small Cheshire grin back. “Apples don’t tend to agree with me personally. You look like you need it more than I do, anyway.” She pushed her head against Jessica’s leg, rubbing against it before looking up again.

Ivy, who had been busily eating her apple, had stopped and given a frown at the guard’s words. Mune had already been summoned away by this point, but she had intended for Tallis to stay out as she was. No animals? And what makes them think they can stop me from summoning my animals if I choose to? she thought to herself derisively. She then turned to look at the dove on her shoulder with mild concern. The dove, of course, wasn’t one of her own. It was Christopher’s. And she didn’t want to think what would happen to it if she handed it over to them…but there was only one other option, if they wouldn’t let her keep it.

She stroked the birds feathers, looking at it with curious attention. “What do you think?” she asked the dove quietly. “You don’t have to commit yourself to anything if you don’t want to, and I promise as soon as I can I’ll let you go on your way…but…” She brought the bird level with her face, staring at it intently. It was just the briefest of moments, but it was as if the two beings had come to some kind of understanding in that instant. Gently and faintly, the demi-goddess blew across the top of the feathered-creature’s head. Fine small particles with sparks of green fell from her breath, transferring from demi-goddess to animal. It was so brief and so quick, no one would have noticed unless they were watching with utmost attention. Simply blinking or not focusing on it would have been enough to miss the small yet highly significant event.

But the next moment, without any explanation or evidence as to how, the dove had gone.

The demi-goddess then did as instructed, walking over to the wall…She was faintly surprised when Jace stopped the guard and volunteered himself.

“…Thank you,” she said to him quietly, as he stood behind her. The only thing she had on her beside the clothes she was wearing was the half-eaten apple in her hand. She didn’t have anything to hide, so she patiently waited for it to be over and done with.

Meanwhile, Tallis’ ears had flattened back in annoyance at the guard that had spoken to Ivy. Particularly due to the fact that not only had he said no animals, but that he had addressed Ivy and not herself. Typical humans.

Leaping forwards lightly to land in front of the guard, Tallis looked up at him. “Excuse me, Sir,” she said, in response to the ‘no animals’ statement. The cat addressed the guard directly, with as much politeness as she could muster. “But can I ask why not?” Tallis stared up at him unblinkingly, waiting for his response. She was serious about the question, but she also was looking to see if this guard would have the nerve (or decency) to debate with a cat. If he didn’t, Tallis would be sure to call him out on it. However if he did, he would be inadvertently accepting the fact, that Tallis was not an ‘animal’ in the sense that most animals were…That in terms of intellect and understanding, Tallis was only as much an ‘animal’ as the guard was. Which was quite true.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing