Elemental Academy: The Early Years OOC ~Sign Ups Closed~

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Elemental Academy: The Early Years OOC ~Sign Ups Open~

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:33 pm

can i see?
i would say practice everyday...but I can't pay attention to anything unless I'm drawing and constantly doing things...so i beleive i'm super obsessive in drawing. Which I don't know if it's a good or bad thing but because of it I got better DX I'm sure you can too!

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:23 pm

It is under bradao's art. I even had Dr.Kidomakun drawing for one of my manga ideas. Kido liked it I wonder if anyone else would.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Um... I've been stalking around here and I saw this RP and it seems interesting... (also hesitated upon seeing some interesting details from "previous" RPs that preceded this one...?). Though I am no avid RPer, I would like to try. The school concept pulled me in. ^^;;
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:37 pm

By all means, make yourself a CS and jump right in.

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Ah... thank you very much. ^^ I will do that at my next break.
"Curiosity is what killed the cat. Unfortunately: it's got more than one life to spare."

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:09 pm

bradao I suggest you study your favorite artist and try to make your own style it works best instead of trying to copy another style off the back that way you can develop your own style.

Hey Sal! I hope to see an interesting character and hopefully you'll get accepted.

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Ah, thank you Asobi. Anyways, I finally had some time to spare from my research. Let's see now... <pastes>

EA APPLICATION wrote:
Student Character Sheet:

Name: Johan (pronounced Yo-hahn) Wolf

Element: Water

Year: 1st

Appearance:
Johan has yet to go through puberty, but he's already at a height of 5'6," still intending to grow all the more. Though possessing a thin build that appears delicate at first, he is in fact heavy, dense in bone and lean-built muscles (making him quite heavy to heave around), making him very strong for his age. However, he is no athlete. His strength is built from years of hard labor for his family and family friends on odd jobs, most of which are blue-collared.

His skin is fair due to little contact with the sun, and his hair is a shade of platinum blonde that often enough people mistaken it for white (and if being in the sun does lighten hair, it WILL be white in due time). His hair is often brushed back with a callused hand, the short ends often sticking up in a random cowlick-like fashion. With his hair pulled back it's easy to see those set of sharp gray eyes, whose color contrasts to his fairer features. Despite the sharpness his eyes do possess, his eyes themselves are his most outstanding feature. Clear and crisp, upon looking into them you are drawn in, like windows to his soul.

His usual everyday clothes are thin fitting v-neck long sleeves of cool or neutral colors, tucked into a hardy pair of carpenter jeans, the faded black material now a worn dark gray. Alongside that he always has on a set of suspenders, colors and patterns varying for no particular reason, and are worn usually in the incorrect way. As for footwear the weather matters. If cold it's his trusty pair of brown weather-resistant boots, if warm, a set of broken in black-leather sandals.

He wears a family crest around his neck that hangs from an aged black chain, the plate adorned with the imprint of a howling wolf. It was an inherited gift from his late grandfather Logan, a man who he admired and still admires in memory. The other would be a wind-up pocket watch, its silver chain peeking out of his left pocket. It's nothing special; in fact, it's a piece of junk that Johan found chucked in the trash. After fixing it he uses it to tell the time, and only that.

Weapon of Choice:
By nature Johan is no fighter and would rather protect, but his weapon of choice is the basic fighting staff (like that of martial arts). It's his treasure... at least to him. So, I guess there is need for a story, but, I'm not going to indulge. The most that will be said is that it relates to some things in the past, and his late grandfather who had taught him how to use it after one particularly vivid happenstance.

Johan's current staff is just a foot and a half taller than the boy and is made of a hardy wood that is a dark brown, with blunted ends from daily use and with the barest of nicks from bumping. He casually uses his staff like a support, but it is handy indeed. Each end is stained just barely with traces of dirt, grass, but he himself makes sure to treat and clean it at the end of the day. He himself "burned" his initials into the center of the staff as an impromptu "reference" of where he properly gripped it. But that's not the only staff he possesses.

His grandfather's staff on the other hand lies in wait for when he himself is tall enough to wield it, made of a very heavy core with a matte black lacquer, its ends of blunted metal. That one is more than two heads taller than Johan and thus, too big for the boy to use. He inherited his late grandfather's "walking stick," which he keeps tucked away.

Personality:
He's cool, but not cold. He's quiet, but not mute. Perhaps it's his late grandfather's influence to blame for his apparently silent nature, when in reality, he can be incredibly talkative with the best of friends. But really, he's just the type of guy who does more thinking than talking, and more listening than yapping, often with a smile that could be read as good-natured or mocking. He's not conniving or the type to cause trouble: he merely wants to enjoy life. Whether it be quietly exploring, or enjoying a good tune on the radio, he's the type to do just that. In a group of friends he's the straggler, just a few feet away from the talkative bubble that would be his pals, just watching and enjoying.

His intentions are good, and with a set of hard working parents, aunts, uncles, and family both of blood and sweat who are all good examples of what he too wants to grow into. Amiable and the type to smile rather than frown, or at least look nonchalant he's, well, a nice guy. With friends he opens up a bit more, though, more than anything anyone who knows him well enough know.

Johan usually goes with whatever flow is calmest, until the flow itself is disrupted by something. Arguments, tension and such he will walk off from if deemed too much trouble. He tends to also walk off from many troubles, and walk away from any situation that in his opinion will only endanger or hurt him. He is also prone to disappearing. This leaves people to wonder where he does in fact escape to, only to find him once more back in their presence. Though people call it a phenomenon, he just knows how to be quiet on his feet.

However, there is something that Johan's ashamed of: his temper. Though naturally calm and collected, every human being has their limits. If someone somehow, in some extremely rare case, by the alignment of the wrong planets on the worst of days is CAPABLE of making him snap... they are in for a horrific treat.

There is a reason why he is a Wolf.

Quirks:

1) He always uses his staff like a support, and often it is an extension of his self. Meaning, he may use it for things like vaulting, reaching for things, and even as an extension of a poking finger. It may seem obscene, but at the very least the person using said fighting staff is sincere.

2) He loves all sorts of raw fruits and vegetables due to his family's heavy consumption of meat and potatoes (one can grow tired of such a diet), and especially loves biting into the crisp skin, bursting with juices and flavors that stay and leave the palette. But he especially loves apples. His favorite are Ambrosia due to their crisp and refreshing sweetness, while his second favorite is the Fuji.

3) He is an INFJ.

...is this too long? I do not want to seem like I have dabbled with irrelevant stuff. :| I would like suggestions if this is perhaps a tad too much, and I will chop it down a few inches. Hopefully he does not seem too out of hand... And if I missed anything, please tell me!
Last edited by SaI on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Advocate of G.N.

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Nonono, long is good :D The more detail the better.

To me anyways.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:26 pm

I think you should explain the weapon more like how it looks? Or if it means anything special to him. Other than that sounds good. He's the same height as my character XD; He seems like an interesting character.

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 pm

sam4books wrote:Nonono, long is good :D The more detail the better.

To me anyways.

I'm mixed about that myself. After getting complaints about walls of text... I try to at the very least keep things at a reasonable minimal. After all, spilling all the beans makes things less fun, correct?

Though, my character sheet is long, which goes against what I've just said. Heh.

Asobi wrote:I think you should explain the weapon more like how it looks? Or if it means anything special to him. Other than that sounds good. He's the same height as my character XD; He seems like an interesting character.

Ah, good suggestion. I will try to think about what to elaborate about it...

Advocate of G.N.

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

No problem. I think a staff is shaped differently in people's minds too so probably the shape of it.

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

SaI wrote:I'm mixed about that myself. After getting complaints about walls of text... I try to at the very least keep things at a reasonable minimal. After all, spilling all the beans makes things less fun, correct?

Though, my character sheet is long, which goes against what I've just said. Heh.

True, ask anyone here, I'm known for having novella's written out for anything involving my characters' pasts xD

I guess it all depends on the situation I suppose.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Karo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:35 pm

It looks great Sai, but I agree on adding more detail about his staff.
How long is it?
What is it made of?
Where did he get it (why is it special)?

Those are some things that would be good to add in to the detail of the weapon.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm going through the CS I'm trying to see what's the boy/girl ratio or the students.

EDIT:
10 Boys 2 girls.
Wow this is going to be interesting, now I really can't wait to see how it plays out. If sal gets accepted it'll be 11 boys.

Postby Akaine » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Sal: Welcome to the rp forum! I love seeing new faces around here :D (Fresh blood keeps us youuuung~)

And about the ends of the staff, is the bottom worn and cracked a bit, as if from pounding on dry dirt paths or is it green-stained from walking with it on grass, etc. Little details are amazing, and I love your style and look forward to seeing its growth over time.

When I first joined the forum, my characters were short and bland, and very cliche. Now they're still cliche, and similar, but they have more body to them, particularly in the detail section. OHGAWD I've been here for over five years :D
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, and, I just added a bit more to the Weapon's section. I hope that will be enough, I did not want to go and write up two pages of back story that truly is not necessary to explain the weapon itself.

Advocate of G.N.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Heh heh, not that half of us wouldn't love to read it anyway, lol. Looks good now Sal, and glad to have to along for the ride.

I find it amazing that no matter how many times we run this game it always manages to draw in all the new people. Heck I was one of them.

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah i guess it drew me in, this is only second day on this forum XD;'

Postby SaI » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:21 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote:I find it amazing that no matter how many times we run this game it always manages to draw in all the new people. Heck I was one of them.

Well... it is a school RP, which makes it attractive enough. A lot of people like that setting, especially with a twist in it. Hence why I was stalking it for awhile. >>

Advocate of G.N.

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:23 pm

This RP has a certain charm to it I find, in draws in rookies with it's fantasy promises, and then slowly but surely helps people mature in their RP abilities by making them face tough as hell situations. I think this is the only RP where I had a decent fight scene actually.

And yeah, I think the school/fantasy genre combo has something to do with it. I mean look at Harry Potter, people love that stuff.
In passing

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:27 pm

About that I'm not the best in RPing DX;...But I mean I do it the best I can.

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Don't worry, you'll get used to it. The only thing you truly have to worry about here is the teachers.

...And Hisui and Urufu.
In passing

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Especially Hisui and Urufu, heh heh.

Postby Asobi » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:06 pm

DX;

Are they going to kick me if I'm not that great?
(Sorry I went to draw)

Postby sam4books » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Only if you act up.
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing