Elemental Academy: The Early Years OOC ~Sign Ups Closed~

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Elemental Academy: The Early Years OOC ~Sign Ups Open~

Postby Reiu » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Well... i realize that i posted my intention of joining in the first page of this ooc. I will be currently working on my cs this weekend, and will work on drawing up the basic design for my character's clothing and weapon. I will still make a good sized text on the appearance with or without the designs when I post it.

The clothing will be a piece of cake compared to the weapon, which will be interesting to draw in the least. ^^

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm out, decided I didn't want to do this.

Postby Keiran » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Name: Darius Severn

Appearance:

Darius is lithe and slightly shorter than average at 5’7”. He has almost elven features, sharp and angular, with pale skin and dark purple tattoos on his face. His eyes are bright green but seem almost… dead. With no life, no hope, as if he is being repressed. His hair is dyed light purple with light brown roots. His hair is constantly moving as if a wind no one can feel is running through it.

Darius wears a blue shirt with a dark blue trench coat overtop. He wears black slacks and knee-high black leather boots.

Element: Wind

Weapon: Bladed Knuckles, blades detach into throwing weapons

Personality: Darius is calm and generally just goes with the flow, he is soft spoken and gentle. He gives of this aura of wisdom but that wisdom comes with a price. He rarely smiles and when he does it’s small and he’s even slower to anger, but when he does he is a hurricane, destroying everything in his path with no care for allies or enemies alike, so he meditates to avoid this possibility.

Class Taught: Meditation/Self-Control

Postby DaCrum » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Is the classes list on the front page up to date?
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Soul » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:38 am

Teacher Character Sheet:
Name: Mythcaran Zalrias

http://drvaleriegalante.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/the-executioner.jpg
Appearance: This large muscle bound axe-wielding man keeps his hood up at all times. The shadows from the hood cover only up to his eyes, leaving the rest to be concealed by a mask. His clothes are baggy and ragged, much like his tanned and scarred body. He towers at six foot nine wielding an axe nearly half that as if he were swinging around a feather. The dark man is never seen without his hood, mask, or axe, even in the latest hours of the night.

Recently the man has added another piece of cloth working its way up his left arm to the elbow, and tying it off at the end. Compared to the rest of his clothing this looks more like a bandage than anything else.

Element: Wind

Weapon: The Widowmaker does not look like much of a weapon; it is a sturdy reinforced piece of wood with a large slab of sharpened steel on the end of it. Despite all that the two handed axe is very durable and looks like it has seen a very long time in use. Along the handle of the weapon are thin markings carved into it, as if Mythcaran were purposefully keeping count of something. There is a very noticeable split through the middle of the weapon looking as if it were able to be pulled apart.

Personality: Despite his dark and menacing build the axe-man is a rather talkative and jolly man. Jokes and trickery are regular with the oversized warrior; generally on students, his students. He takes a distinct pleasure of terrifying the first years in his class. However lately his normally joyous demeanor has dampened a little, leaving him seeming detached and quiet, yet bouts of joy will worm their way out of his troubled mind every now and then.

Class Taught: Physical and Wind

Student Character Sheet:
Name: Victor Deblazzi

Element:

Year: 1

Appearance: If one were to examine the boy the first thing that would, most likely, be noticed would be the fact he is never without his weapon. Whether it’s for a midnight stroll or getting something to eat Victor will never leave his precious sword behind. Weapon aside, the teenager looks about the average height for his age, but he looks a bit more muscular than your average thirteen year old. The boy’s hair looks like the color of fire, with the tips of his ponytail dyed pure black, almost blending into his slightly faded black shirts. Victor tends to wear loose fitting and high mobility clothing giving him the ability to dodge and run easier if he were wearing, say, jeans.

Weapon of Choice: Victor’s flamberge looks as if it were forged recently and made to look regal. The hilt of the sword is wrapped in a crimson fabric that extends far down from the butt of the sword. The bottom of the cloth looks as if it were burnt off of the wheel instead of cut. Each portion of the blade from the hilt upwards looks as if it were made of various different metals; the hand-guard is a dull golden color that extends upward onto the charcoal black blade. The first few inches of the blade are in a wavy pattern; however it straightens out for the final few feet. In the center of the blade is a slight indent on both sides of the sword to allow the wounds of those who are attacked to bleed.

Personality: From an observational standpoint, Victor is an incredibly sarcastic young man; although most of the targets for the child are those around him who constantly whine about hardships instead of taking steps to overcome them. He is constantly passive aggressive with the people around him and seems to go out of his way to try and insult people. Other than that the boy’s general demeanor is somewhat arrogant, yet cheerful. He faces all of the challenges presented to him with the utmost confidence, even if the odds seem impossible.

Name: Ashley Addams

Element:

Year: 1

Appearance: Ashley’s wardrobe consists of the general twelve year old girl fashion. Medium length skirts, stockings, a few pairs of jeans, and some blank shirts. The short girl tends to prefer the darker colors over their bright counterparts, as they seem to match with her black with purple highlight hair. At the top of her purple highlight hair is a rather odd accessory. Instead of a hair-band Ashley has placed a hockey mask at the top of her head that she generally only pulls down in heated situations. Additionally the girl seems to have a large leather holster tied to her back, which perfectly fits her double barreled shotgun.

Other than those two odd accessories her appearance could be considered rather normal. Not eye-catchingly pretty, or under or over weight. Without her hockey mask and shotgun holster she would appear magnificently average.

Weapon of Choice: When told to bring a weapon Ashley was faced with a slight dilemma; to attempt for a second time to make a light-saber, or to take her father’s chainsaw and shotgun. Since only the latter was possible she managed to take the chainsaw and the gun with her to the academy. The motor and handles of the chainsaw are black while the blade looks to be recently polished. The handles of the weapon look to be taped, as if the foam was being ripped off.

The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington has a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. Shop smart. Shop S-mart.

Personality: This little girl was created out of two things; a lack of reliable parents and too much television. This poor little girl’s mind has been rotted, per se, by the programs on television and movies she has seen. Upon first developing powers she thought herself to be ‘force sensitive’ instead of wielding elemental abilities. When invited to attend the Elemental Academy the first possible weapons she thought to carry were a chainsaw and a Remington double barrel shotgun. Ashley’s entire personality revolves around cinema and television programs, all of the morals that should have been taught to her by her parents were instead delivered to her through bizarre cartoons and strange cinema. However despite her lack of a proper upbringing Ashley is a very well mannered and polite girl, and can carry out a proper conversation, even if they are riddled with quotes from movies.
Last edited by Soul on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Zath » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

Distracto: The huge blowdart gun seems a bit impractical for this kind of combat, as you should be aware. So what I'm thinking is keep the two smaller blowguns and turn the third massive one into just an actual staff.

Couch: Accepted, duh. By the way, it's 7 years before the first one so shouldn't Gideon be 27, not 24?

Keiran: Is your class taught relating to wind? Or just meditation/self control in general?

Soul: Accepted.

And what do you mean Dacrum?

Postby Musicmac » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:44 am

@Zath: You missed my CS on the first page. =.=
Listen.

Postby Zath » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am

Shit, my bad music. Accepted.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:58 am

Zath wrote:Couch: Accepted, duh. By the way, it's 7 years before the first one so shouldn't Gideon be 27, not 24?

That depends on if we are starting before or after the midgame timeskip we had the first time around. My records indicate that Gideon was 31 when I first intorduced.

Postby Zath » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Ohh, gotcha. Yeah I was just going off of the CS that was in the first EA, I didn't register that you'd changed it.

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Always good to see you in a game, Couch. Don't see too many people that like to be thorough with their characters.
Demon of Elru

Postby Keiran » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 pm

It would be in general Zath, is that alright?

Postby DaCrum » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Zath: Pretty much I'm asking what classes are left. :P
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Zelosse » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Ro I'm gonna beat you with a hose if you don't take off that ava/sig right now bro.

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Tomorrow, when I get back on. For today, just relax and soak in the events while I'm gone~

See ya tomorrow, buddy... It's like looking in a mirror...
Demon of Elru

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Isn't it awesome to have clones?

Postby Distracto » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Alright, edited. if you have any other suggestions im open to to them.
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby Zath » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Distracto: Accepted

Keiran: accepted

Postby Keiran » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Thank you.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Hey is it too late to make a CS?

Name: Lyte Yomi

Element: water

Year: 1st

Appearance: Lyte wears a sleeveless Grey Jacket over his Green T-shirt he has Silver-grey hair and wears glasses. He wears beige cargo shorts and constantly carries a small black back pack with a drawing pad, 6 pencils, a sharpener, and an English to Japanese dictionary. He stands at about 5' even and his hair covers his Brown eyes though he can see just fine through the hair and glasses. He has a very pale complexion and is a bit scrawny. Even though he is scrawny he knows how to run, fast.

Weapon of Choice: a Katana that he keeps sheathed unless intending to kill, which he would only do on rare occasions. He uses them for protection only. He knows not to kill. He obtained this katana when he moved to the city and joined a kendo team. He mastered his kendo class and was given it as a show of skill.(only because he was fast enough to score points with his first strike and dodge strikes if need be.).

Personality: Very Hyper since it is his first year. A classic geek that loves school and strives for good grades. He loves making new friends and is a bit Naïve at times. He has a bit of a polar problem turning into an almost completely different person, a dark side of him, when in trouble, otherwise he is very happy-go-lucky. (The dark side he has had since he almost killed a kid with a throat strike during a match he couldn't win.) He also learned many things from moving to the city (such as kendo and pressure points).

(Edit: if this still isn't enough, I'm open to suggestions since I've only just heard of the Elemental Academy)
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Akaine » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Teacher Character Sheet:
Name: Minerva Hitaome

Appearance: She has black hair that reaches down to her collarbone, straight and layered slightly, a few odd bangs here and there: normally very shiny and soft, as she loves her hair to death(It's one of her vanities). With light teal eyes that could be called ‘abnormal’ she knows that she makes a decent amount of people uncomfortable with her stare, so she indulges in their discomfort frequently, particularly her students. She has an overall statuesque form for a woman, with a small waist and medium hips with long legs. With petite shoulders, a fit body, and a D cup size, for the height of 5’ 11”, she’s doing pretty decently in the looks department. She has pale pink lips, and her skin is as white as can be, a sign that she is both naturally pale and also quite unhealthy despite her physical fitness.

When working, she's normally seen wearing a black business suit-skirt made with the finest materials, a red and black striped silk tye that covers her cleavage from view. She also wears a pair of shiny black leather kitty heels to go along with the outfit, and has a nice set of brass knuckles made of surgical steel that she wears like a ring on her right hand.
When she's working out, she tends to wear running pants, as in the tight black pants that you see professional runners wearing(under-armor), and black shorts over them that reach mid-thigh in a teasing manner.She also wears a black, grey or red tanktop, and a pair of black and silver running shoes. When she's running, she normally ties her hair up in a very small pony tail at the nape of her neck, and even then, some of her hair falls out in a long bangs fashion.
As for jewelry, she normally wears a jade disc necklace; one jade disc on a string with a little knot work done to the string it's on, making it look slightly decorated. The jade disc symbolizes her relation to the world of death and her own mental state. Just knowing that it is there helps to calm her down. As mentioned earlier, she wears a surgical steel brass knuckle on her right hand, all the time, and she's usually seen wearing some sort of earring combination (always matching her outfit).
She normally is holding a book of some sort, most likely an anatomy book or sometimes a history book.

Element: Darkness

Weapon:
Syringes/Tranquilizer gun. (Modified)
XXX Blood disease: Side-effects include; bloodshot eyes, fatigue, weakness, it saps your energy. It can be concentrated it into a certain part of the body, and she can take the blood from an open wound of an enemy, and inject hers.
She also has vials of her own blood, that she has contaminated outside of her body. Blow darts anyone? ;D
A short Jagged sword is also in her weapon arsenal: it has a indent along the sharp edge of the blade to allow for contaminated blood to be directly administered to fresh wounds.
The day-to-day weapon for hand-to-hand would be her brass knuckles. Explained earlier.

Personality:She is normally not a very warm person, and is normally easily irritated. She won’t walk up to somebody and say ‘hello’. She’s more of a loner, who likes to read and eat, work out and fight. She loves seeing people in pain, because it ‘puts us on an even playing field’. In a fight, she’s ruthless and won’t give an enemy a chance if she is given the choice, though she’ll obey an elder’s or a person of higher rank in any situation. She absolutely cannot stand most kids, and will not tolerate their ignorant questions or being touched by their 'grimy fingertips'. If somebody was to magically get close to her, then she would be quite loyal to said person and risk her life willingly for that person: their permission given or no. She tends to go off on her own and read/run instead of going to interact with other people, though she doesn't shirk her responsibilities as a teacher, and she thoroughly enjoys making other people uncomfortable.

Class Taught: BLOOD
Last edited by Akaine on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 am

Ro Wong wrote:Always good to see you in a game, Couch. Don't see too many people that like to be thorough with their characters.

Good to see you as well Ro. Thorough is what I do. I like to keep track of my characters for when I inevitably grow attached to them or if I ever want to pull them out again for another game. Keeping a copy of each sheet on my computer along with a good memory helps muchly.

Akaine wrote:Name: Minerva Hitaome

Hey, I know that character! Minerva! It's good to see her out and about again, even if it is the wrong game. Very much looking forward to it.

In the mean time, let me throw my own new student character into the mix. Booyah, it's so nice to finally be done.

Student Character Sheet:

Name: Huan-Yue Liao

Element: Fire

Year: First Year

Appearance: Huan-Yue is a lithe and athletic young girl of Chinese decent. She stands at 5’ 1’’ and has shoulder length jet black hair that she usually keeps in a tight bun to keep it out of her face during combat or hard training. She will generally wear loose slacks in either off white or a muted red color, along with plain black flats and an off white Chinese style long sleeved shirt. On the odd occasion however she has been known to wear more feminine blouses with colorful floral patterns but only when relaxing or during free time away from training.

Weapon of Choice: Huan-Yue wields a pair of finely crafted steel hook swords, a common straight edge sword where the tip of the weapon has been bent around towards the back of the sword creating a distinctive hook used for cupping and deflecting other weapons. The grip of the weapon is protected by a crescent shaped piece of metal that has been attached to the weapon on either side of the grip. The grip itself is covered with soft brown leather molded specifically to the shape of Huan-Yue’s hands. The crescent guard is a deep black, while the rest of the weapon is a dull metallic grey blue color. The butt of each weapon has also been forged into a short dagger making even the butt of each sword dangerous to contend with.

Personality: Huan-Yue is a prim and proper sort of girl. She speaks with a certain sort of eloquence and follows the instructions of her instructors and elders as strictly and as thoroughly as possible as to not disappoint them. Huan-Yue is also very battle minded and extremely confident about her skills as a warrior almost to the point of feeling superior to others or at least the need to prove it. She is also a reputed hot head. She almost never refuses a challenge and positively loathes losing in battle. It would show her weakness, and to the girl that would be almost like a fate worse than death. Outside of combat however Huan-Yue is a hard working and passionate girl even if she tends to be more than a little cold with her peers.
Last edited by TheLivingCouch on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Akaine » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:24 am

Couch :D I'm glad somebody remembered her :D I'd rather bring her back than Akemi Saotome at the moment, and I'm too lazy to make a new character every time a rp shows up XD
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Zath » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:30 am

Name: James Wellwood

Element: Darkness

Class Taught: Darkness

Appearance: James stands at about 5'8" and typically wears darker clothing. He wears black cargo pants, with a purple long-sleeve shirt, with a grey t-shirt on top of that which says "Afraid of the dark...? Wise!" in bold red lettering. If he's not wearing that outfit, he'll be wearing a white dress shirt with a black suit vest, black tie and black dress pants, with a black leather trench coat on top and he wears black gloves with the suit. He also has a pair of bracers that are crafted out of a dark leather and both are embossed with the runic symbol for "blade", and when he's wearing his more formal outfit he wears the bracers underneath the dress shirt. He's an albino, so his hair is white, and he let it grow long. It goes down about a third of his back, and he keeps it tied back, with the band at the base of his neck. He has a scar that goes down his left arm, and a large three line scar on his back from a fight with a demon. He has a pale complexion, but he's built pretty toned, so he has the appearance of a scrawny guy, but he just doesn't have a lot of muscle mass. It makes him very agile and quick, which he prefers due to his battle style.

Weapon: James doesn't have a solid weapon, he creates them out of his element. Instead of taxing his own energy to create them however, he taps into the bracers that he wears specifically to spawn various weapons. However the similarity they all share is that the hilt is black and the blades are a purplish grey, with a swirling inscription that reads "Our father who doth crawl on the ground, amen.".

Personality: James is a typically laid back type of guy. Not to the point of laziness mind you, and he tends to be strict whilst teaching, but the reasoning to that is more due to the element than himself. "To control your emotions is to control the darkness.", that's the phrase he grinds into his student's minds whilst teaching them. He knows that if he loses control of his emotions while using his powers, he could easily lose himself to the darkness and never return. He is generally friendly and courteous to others. He also loves to dance, to the point where he bases a part of his battle style off of dance.

Postby darkshark » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Well, let's try my hand at teaching. Maybe a student too, but later.

Name: Arawn Volos

Appearance: A wild man, fitting for his class. He wears his copper-colored hair shoulder-length and shaggy, with a short, but thick, auburn beard completely covering the lower half of his face. However, his deep green eyes are so piercing, they have no trouble finding their way through all of the hair that could possibly block them. He stands at 6'3", making him quite the sight to see, even compared to some of his massive fellow teachers. Having spent so much time in the wild, Arawn understands the value of an extra storage of fat, for energy purposes, and so is not extremely concerned with constantly being all muscle. His weight is generally at a steady 270 or so, thanks to his working out combined with his eating habits (consuming his own body weight at least once a day), which makes him a sheer wall of a man. He tends towards loose, dark colored clothing, leather being a common part of his wardrobe. Whenever it gets cold, he dons one of his self-made fur coats. For prepared fights, depending on who he will be fighting, he has a couple of sets of armor.

Element: "Wild" Fire

Weapon: His preferred weapon is a long, punishing half-pike. An expert with this weapon, he uses it for the simplicity of it (After all, it is basically just a dagger at the end of a staff), and for the acrobatic feats it allows him to perform, ranging in difficulty from merely spinning attacks to complicated polevaulting combinations. With a wicked blade made of fine steel and a sturdy staff made strong, flexible wood, this 8-foot long weapon is indeed a thing to be feared in Arawn's hands.

Personality: Every bit as beastly as his transformations, Arawn is the original Man vs. Wild. Though he often likes to make the "raised by wolves" joke, he was, in fact, a normal child, as far as anyone could tell. In fact, he was raised in quite the opposite environment, which may have led to the way he is now. Being raised as a stuffy heir to an old-money fortune, he was never allowed to express his wild side, until he was forced to, one day in the woods. He was being attacked by wolves, and out of sheer fear, he let loose an incredible ring of flame, scorching the woods all around, and cooking the wolves where they stood. Befitting of his now dominant wild side, he has since refined his control over his so-called "wildfire." However, he isn't just a dumb, crazy mountain man. The educational habits he learned as a child were one of the few things that stuck with him, and as such he is decently well read and knowledgable. He's no college professor, but he can keep up with most complicated topics. He has a bit of a short fuse, but get on his good side, and he'll be loyal to the end.

Class Taught: Druidic
buh

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing