Final Destination: Victorian Underworld IC –The Game Begins

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Final Destination: Victorian Underworld IC –The Game Begins

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:56 am

Marcey/Marr - Street - Status: Tired - Ready to go

Are we ready to go? Marcey stood beside the young girl. She smiled. If you'd like T can make you a snack or something when we get there.
She switched the bunny to her fake arm. Her basket hanging near her elbow, her cleaver at her waist she was an odd sight to see. One that was quite normal in her neighbourhood. She ruffled Lizzie's hair with her soft hand.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Xion » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 am

~Kalfu/ Graveyard of Centre Merchurdon~

Kalfu was confused by the surrounding mechanical jungle, his track from the outskirts of the forest wore giving him a steady growing sense of displacement as he left the lush green oasis behind him and delved deeper and deeper in to the gray unfamiliar metal and stone landscape. His emotions wore mixed, he did not even know how to track throe this awkward landscape, he tried smelling his way to the nearest river bank but all he could sense wore vile nauseating fumes and foul odors oozing from the Slums in the city, at the point where he almost was ready to lose all consciousness and throw up, he noticed a small beacon oh hope, or well smelled.
Not so far away a few blocks perhaps was the Town's cometary with lush.... well, with trees and some grass. Kalfu wasn't about to go picky and in a few brief jumps from roof to roof finally met with the familiar feel of wood on his feet as he landed on the nearest tree and started to make way as far to the center of the sanctuary as he could. As he finally felt his sense slowly coming back he decided to stop on tree next to the deserted church, he felt winded - usual as he could often times sprint via the tree branches for even a hour, and here after 5 minute dash his lungs wore already gasping for air " Earth here.... dead... poison seeps..." he opened one of his scrolls as he gathered a few of the still living leaves form the tree branch and placed them in his hands, as he started chanting under his breath the wind calmly carrying his word over the cemetery, his search for the local elements begun with a plant offering - will they answer only time would tell, for now the echoing chant in the language of the Ginen could be faintly heard in the closest surrounding area.
He must have been an admiral a sultan or a king,
and to his praises we shall always sing.
Look what he has done for us he's filled us up with cheer!
Lord bless Charlie Mops, the man who invented beer

Postby Slipslash » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:47 pm

~~Enine and Co.~~

"Additional targets sighted" Said Siestas 45.

"Nyeh heh heh, what does he think he's doing?"
Said 410 with a small giggle and a big smile (as usual) the two rabbit-girl's stood a bit away from the man that had just appeared. They were at a distance enough that they judged they would not have to move. Both were still scanning the church and its inhabitants, but if he tried anything funny they would fire. Both their magical signatures were reduced so that anyone with such an ability would not sense them right off them bat. They were operating in "stealth-mode" and while they couldn't do anything complex like turn invisible, they could reduce any signature they had quite a bit. At the cost of battle efficiency and what have you.

*Cssssh* "Sir, we've sighted another target what would you have us do?"
"Is he singing? Nyeh heh heh, he's singing!"

"The siestas have sighted another target. A man with some substantial magic capability. He currently seems to be. . .chanting some ritual with the nature element."

"Patch me through to them."
"As you wish my lord."

Without breaking a stride Enine answered her (not literally of course) " Well he seems to have just stumbled on the church so do not pay him any mind. Even if he sees you it's no cause for concern. . .regarding his magic grid. . .based off of your scans. . .wow. . .pretty powerful for a random stranger. . .I just wonder why on Earth these people keep showing up. Well in any case, watch him as well, in case he tries anything. If he happens to see you, ignore him and he'll go away *presumably*" Enine said as he walked to the manor, 00 in tow.

"Roger that sir. . . ." "Hey, five bucks says I can hit him with a rock, Nya ha ha." "No, stop that!"*Csssh*

the communication was ceased and they both returned to their duties. Even while they bickered they were scanning the church. They could hear what was going on inside, they could not sense all that effectively. Being able to sense the grid was hard enough, but given enough time the interference would lessen.

Of course this method had consequence. The grid could become aware of the hacking that was going on (really early at that point it's just simple scanning) usually when the siestas switched to tunneling mode would the grid react (if at all) they were both good at what they did. If the grid did react it would most likely cause them to over-load and shutdown to prevent any damage the grid might cause. An emergency fail-switch basically. Very bad things could happen if such a large and ancient magic grid gained access to a siesta. That could cause a number of bad things to happen that we will not go into detail over.

For now. They scanned (and heard) their ears pricking ever so often as a sign of their work. Even while they bickered. . .even while they bickered.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:44 pm

-Baron John Hawkes, Undaunted-

"Of course, of course. Good work takes time." Smiling, none too kindly, at the girl as she handed him a paper, he was reading through it quick while that annoying fellow pointed a finger at him. A short laugh escaped him as he fought back some anger. "A rich doctor with connections? Do you know who I am? I could have you hung out to dry." While he ever so wanted to smash away the doctor Billiam, he restrained himself, his electric charge growing, just enough to zap anyone near him. Starting to fill out the paper, his anger grew as that obnoxious little pest had the audacity to growl at him. He'd have to protect his reputation, at the rate this was going. The bomb certainly set that idea back a bit. With trained reactions, he knew what the sound of object hitting the ground and that slight noise a few fuse makes would entail. He leaped over the counter, pen and paper still in hand and covered his ears as it went off, decimating the shop and setting off the larger bomb. As the moment of course he'd been expecting something more explosive in the shop, which left him pondering.

Standing up beside Penna, or at least where she was before, John took the moment to look around and inspect the damage. The details were quite interesting. It seems the little bomb had been nothing but a trigger, as the damaging from what had clearly been a second explosion was all on the street. An elaborate hit? Perhaps, but it wasn't for him. Still, his ears were still ringing a bit, and the idea of something setting a bomb off right next to him like that annoyed him. "Really madame, do all your clocks do that?" Putting down the piece of paper, pen on top, he leaned towards her. "I don't think I'll be able to get one here. Mine's all damaged now. Besides, what with a hit being made from your shop, the police will be all over this place, I'm sure. So many dead. Oh dear. Quite a bad situation for you, don't you think?" He just grinned at her.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mathias » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:07 pm

"I am not familiar with your identity nor do I find it to be significant. Everyone could stand to use proper mannerisms."

Before he could effectively scold the baron, a bomb hand tumbled into the shop. At the instant in which he glanced upon it, Billiam whipped out his scalpel and thrust it out before him, pointing the blade vertically upward. A brownish cloud exhumed from where the handle meets the tip and seemed to form a torso, growing bulky arms and a horned cranium. Two segments of this cloud appeared to flicker with fire within the cranial portion, as though forming eyes. This demonic formation outstretched its "arms" and embraced the doctor, securing him from the inevitable blast.

The creature had successfully guarded Billiam from the blast, though it could not prevent him from stumbling back from the force of the explosion. The entity receded, yet there was still smoke from the blast.

"Is it New Year's, already?" Billiam queried as he pocketed his scalpel and brushed his clothes free of dust. "They can fix broken clocks here, evidently, fool," Billiam remarked upon hearing the baron's words to the shopkeeper.

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:21 pm

~{Walden Erlking}~
\\\Ring of Rosary///

The tall, slender gentleman smiled happily as he gazed down from his office. The large room was quite exquisitely decorated, with elegant pieces of some of the oldest known artwork lining his walls. Silk curtains draped over the office door, the glass doors leading to his office balcony that overlooked the stage and dining hall. His blonde hair was parted down the middle, silken strands of gold cascading down the sides of his head to run down his neck. In the back, his hair was pulled back into a pair of green bands, leaving his hair to fall down his back in twin tails. His long coat was buttoned close to his body, hands crossed atop a slender, wooden cane with an ornamental hawk in flight just above the velvet grip for the cane. His emerald eyes scanned the crowd, basking in the elegant beauty of the fine attire each of the noble citizenry wore.

Walden slowly turned and stepped back from the doorway to his balcony. He gently pulled the glass doors closed and fastened the lock into place with a quick turn. He then untied the scarlet curtains, letting them collapse together to hide the glass frames and the performance outside. He then looked back, bringing his attention fully to the lithe female figure standing beside his large desk, still speaking. A small chuckle escaped his bright lips, pearled teeth flashing for a moment. The female stopped at his sound, her brow becoming deepened as she realized he wasn't even paying the slightest bit of attention.

The slender woman ran her hands down, brushing over her black evening gown for another sweep of stray fibers. She never did like having to wear black gowns on the inspection days. Even if they were infrequent, she despised how the black played with her nerves and worry for lint of hair that might have fallen over the smooth fabric. "Why permit these little financial tests if you're not going to take them seriously," she then paused and took a deep breath, remembering that this was business, "sir?" She stated the word coldly, wishing for it to sharpen and stab him. Maybe in his left thigh... Right between those strong, stretched muscles. To feel her fingers trace the lines of his toned physique while...

She suddenly shook her head as she realized his hair had shifted from bglonde for a second just to tease her. She growled at him and glared with the hardest squint her adorable face could muster. The result was a charming and deep laugh that made her nerves shake, causing her to glare even harder. Oh, he'd burst into flames at any moment, of this she was sure.

Walden nodded a bit and raised his hand, blocking her and his view. Both for her sanity and for his gut. The deep laughing was pulling his muscles too hard as he leaned into his cane for support. "Heheh... Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry I did that, Leandra." He pulled his hand away, smiling sweetly. "I just had this sudden urge to see you blush... To see that cute expression on your face when you're angry with me but your skin still remembers the moment of heated want..." His elegant tongue was rolling and curving every word he spoke, fixing into place the odd accent that only they knew from the Sidhe tongue. The way it sharpened his deep voice sent a shiver down her spine. She quickly turned away, closing her eyes in frustration. Surely, if she could not see him, he would somehow go away. Just leave her -- at least, until she could calm her nerves and cool her body.

"We have work to do, sir. Please don't change the subject from important business..." She couldn't help but feel a faint smile creep its way over her lips as she felt the heat of his form as he drew closer to her from behind and just ever-so slightly to the left. Silly he was -- always going in from the left like that, as if he couldn't help but naturally be drawn to that side. But what importance could it have? Why does he... Her thought was cut short as she suddenly realized. Realized, not remembered. no, she never remembered much of anything of how he did it. But the way his right hand, his dominant hand, smoothly traced the back of her neck and followed over her spine with his nails. Even in his human form, he had such an art to his touch that easily compensated for the absence of his natural charm.

But it left her with more control, all the same. Leandra suddenly jumped away before his fingers could reach her shoulder blades through her raven hair. She turned and skidded over the floor, now staring at him much more aggressively. The earlier stare was long gone. Instead, her eyes now watched him with a calculating tone. She wasn't just mildly, playfully unnerved now. Walden immediately frowned and closed his eyes, nodding to her. He lifted a hand, demanding her pause before her instinct made any immature actions. "I'm sorry, Leandra... I should not have teased you so much when there are things to attend to..." He opened his eyes to look toward her. His smile was lax and lazy, hinting at his wish that she not be angered with his playful nature.

Leandra straightened herself and turned, walking to the desk. She hated the way he could excite her while managing to always unnerve her like that. Even if he truly never did it for purely his own amusement, he never knew when to stop in time for it to stay pleasant and amusing. At least, for her, in any case. He always seemed to forget just how strict she was about business. "I should go attend to the public matters. We both know you're better gifted to running the finances and working the system the humans have in place. Do me proud, please..." She suddenly froze and turned to stare at him. But just as she looked back at the office, the door shut and he was gone. She paused, standing there with her mind racing. Then again... I suppose he did hire me to this job to do the work for him instead of running all the work by him. I've always been better when managing money. The half-sidhe, half-leprechaun pondered while twisting a finger into her dark hair, looking at the desk and over the papers documenting the monthly income of each business he owned. A slow smirk spread over her lips as she randomly gazed over one of the large numbers, a hungry tongue licking across her lips. She quickly brushed her hands down across her black gown, for the thirtieth time that day, and moved to sit behind the desk and get down to her task.

Perhaps I was too harsh... He does pay me with plenty of money. Guess I need to just make it up to him... She blinked and a a sly grin suddenly shot over her lips. A quick writing with her hand and she giggled to herself. Oh, look at that! The humans suddenly owe us for last month... She began growing intently focused on her work, her elegant grace in her human form falling apart. Her redheaded, freckled form suddenly became truth as she became purely focused on the money.

Walden stood outside his office door, sliding his cane into the tin beside the door frame. He smiled wide as he felt her magical veil falling away. And with her fixated on money, her elfy, leprechaun form was going to be most present in her physical state. He began walking away, knowing she'd start into a fit soon as she realized that she was starting to shrink again. He made his way down the staircase, chuckling at the thought of her fiery hair flailing around in her childish form, that gown suddenly baggy on her. She'd be bouncing off the walls, literally. I'll just let her work; The girls can help her out again when she's calmed. Meanwhile, I have some free time to just go see the city again.
Demon of Elru

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:46 pm

The Empty Church
Here comes a chopper to chop off your head…

Abraham Wylie

As Abe’s blood dripped onto the corner of the book, a warmth spread right through the cover and binding, hot to the touch, but not hot enough to burn. It was the first spark of warmth Abe would have felt since entering the church. The journal would have felt as if a weight had been taken off it, and should he try to open in now, he would have found it opened very easily.

Should he have read inside, he would have found pages of writing, dating back to over sixty years ago. Much of it was just like any other journal, recounting the day-to-day events of one person. There was a name printed on the first page: Henry Bircham. A young man writing about his life. There were a few select words that kept cropping up: one was a girl called Susanne, who appeared to be a good friend, and another was the word ‘Merchurdon’.

There is something about this city which makes me keep coming back to it, One passage read. It seems no matter where I travel in the world, I always end up coming back here, to this point, to Merchurdon. It feels as if this city is the closest I shall ever get to something…but what? It seems I do not even know what I am searching for. That is the most puzzling thing. It is as if I am searching for answers, but I don’t even know the question…and whatever it is I am looking for, the answers are here, in this city. Call it a hunch, or fate, or chance…but I feel like there is something important to me, in Merchurdon. Susanne says I am mad for all the times I mention Merchurdon to her. I can not say as I blame her.

There were a lot of accounts in the journal, and perhaps if Abe had had the time, he could have read them all. There seemed to be some interesting accounts of different events that had happened to Henry in Merchurdon…but no doubt the last entry in the book would have caught Abe’s interest the most. It was dated 58 years ago, but it was written differently to the rest. The handwriting jerked and shook, and the pressure exerted on the pages was a lot harder, making the lines thick and blotted in places. The entry was the shortest of them all, but it said would have no doubt sent a chill down Abe’s spine.

I have visited the church again, the entry read. The one that no one enters. Only…I have entered it. I am standing in the Sacristy, right now. Susanne is with me, helping me look through some of these papers. It appears this place has not been touched in a long time. I…I am writing this now only to stop myself from walking out. This church, it wants me out, I can feel it. But I can not shake the feeling…there is something more here…And there is this curtain…As I am writing this now I can see it, out of the corner of my eye. It is as if it has eyes…it stares…Susanne has gone to check it over and see what she can find.

My apologies. This place has such a hold on my fear…I am not quite sure where this ‘Susanne’ came from, in my journal.

Already there was something strange about the way the entry had been written. Not just the shaky hand-writing, but the content. Perhaps Abe would have noticed, but after that point, the Journal never mentioned Susanne again. Not even with her name crossed out.

And then, if Abe’s heart wasn’t already beating fast by this point, the next passage would have certainly set his heart racing. The writing was barely legible, even with a candle held up to it. It was scrawled across the page with the same urgency that the word ‘LEAVE’, had appeared on the front.

PLEASE READ THIS It began in big bold letters, about a third of a page down from the last passage. The urgency of the message was clear.

If you are reading this, then like me, you have found your way into the empty church. And you have found this journal of mine. You ignored the warning I left on the cover of this book, and you have stayed, and opened my journal.

READ WHAT I WRITE NOW, PLEASE.
You have got to get out of here before it is too late. I stayed. I stayed, and now I have missed my chance. I get this feeling, like the church is alive, somehow. As maddened though it sounds, it has been trying to remove me as soon as I stepped within ten feet of it, and now I have out stayed my welcome. The ways are shut. Even if I finally do get out, I am leaving this journal here, just in case some other foolish soul like myself tries to explore this church.
I do not have much time. I so wish I could say that what I am writing is just the ramblings of a young delusional man, but everything I have told you is true, at least to the best of my knowledge.

I have seen so many things already, here in this church. Alas I wish I could write it all out and my discoveries...even my future discoveries. However I fear that the longer I spend writing, the longer you shall spend reading, and the deeper your situation will become. Here is my advice to you:

Check the exits.
Keep away from the stone.
Trust nothing and no one.
Take the key, but be careful what you open with it. The more you use it, the more it will cost you. That is why I'm leaving it here. I can not bear to use it anymore, but perhaps you can. You'll find it in the parish records, if no one has taken it.
For all our sakes, do NOT go near the curtain. Keep away from it. I cannot put my finger on it, but something terrible happens beyond it…like something is waiting behind it.

I am going to check the tower. I may not come back. Even this journal – my own journal, it frightens me, and yet I can not place why.
I write in hope that we can both escape these walls alive and in good health. And I hope that you are more fortunate than ---

The entry ended abruptly; the writing tailing off into a scrawl that couldn’t be made out, before the ink jutted across the page sharply and ended altogether. The rest of the pages after that, were completely blank.

William Livingstone

As William opened the curtain, the first thing to happen was a cloud of dust lifted itself from the thick hangings. And then, the atmosphere in the room changed dramatically. If it was at all possible, the temperature plunged even lower, and yet instead of slowing the heart rate, it increased it. The whole church seemed take on a new, far more sinister air. Like a dream slowly descending into a nightmare.

Behind the curtain there was…
nothing.
Absolutely nothing. Not that there was nothing remarkable, but that there actually was…nothing. No light, no sound, nothing at all. Just…a gaping hole that lead to nowhere. The sight would have been enough to make a rational man reel back in horror and send his mind screaming. It was as if someone had drilled a hole in the world and left it open. However there was, something there. From out of the blackness, dark shadows crawled outwards, twisting and writhing on the floor of the church.
And they were heading straight for William.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:46 pm

~Abraham Wylie~

----Location: The "Empty" Church, Graveyard of Centre Merchurdon----

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Here in November in this House of leaves
We'll pray
. . . . .
You and me
And these shadows keep on changing"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The warmth was a most welcome feeling, something that he seemed to have not felt for ages. He wanted it to last forever and not return to the mercy of the bitter chill. It did not last long, but he enjoyed every second of it, as if it was a long lost lover. As he felt the warmth leave him, he felt the book lighten as if a weight was taken off of it. He was surprised to learn that it opened rather easily even after his struggling, making him feel slightly dumbfounded. After looking around a bit, he quickly dove into the reading, before the light disappeared altogether.

At first he found the writing dreadfully boring, an account of one's life...his triumphs, his sufferings. It was all the same, really, a man's journal. But he read on, mainly because he felt that if someone had took the time to keep someone from opening this book there must be some delicious information to sell somewhere. He found the segment on the city almost funny. This guy sounded exactly like William, dangerously so. He did not blame Susanne for thinking him mad, and neither did Henry apparently. Smirking, Abe turned the page. From that entry on the journal was filled with rather interesting accounts on Henry's time in Merchurdon. Due to limited time however Abe had to scan through most of them, although he promised himself he would try to read more later on. So far his readings were quite pleasant, no horrific secrets from what he could see, just another gentleman recording his life's story. He was a little disappointed, but that soon changed.

After another flip of a page and Abe was caught aback by what was so far the shortest entry in the entire journal, something that captured his interests right away. Maybe it was the way it was written, the handwriting was so peculiar and so odd Abe had to wonder if this man was in a hurry. But it was also because there was mention of the church that he and William were inside right at that very moment. A smile filled Abe's face 'Brilliant!' He had a feeling he struck gold with this journal. But the smile did not stay for long. For as quickly as it spread across his face it had turned into a concerned frown. His smile had disappeared at the sight of the crossed out sentence. The one that mentioned Susanne. She was like a mirror of himself, helping a madman looking through papers, he could only assume she did so reluctantly. What did not understand was, why cross her name out? He kept reading, his frown sinking lower and lower as the man began rambling on about the church, a feeling of eerie deja vu coming over him. And then there was another crossed out sentence, followed by a denial of Susanne's existence. His eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement. Was this not Henry's good friend? Have they not been together for a long time? He was certain they were in the same room together, so why deny her the right to exist? Confusion turned to worry as he glanced at William, wondering what this implied.

His eyes glazed over the the next passage, and he felt his heart skip a beat.

PLEASE READ THIS

Abraham could not deny the long gone stranger who he had come to know for the last few minutes. The urgency of the passage was frightening in its abrupt transition of mood. The way he worded things, it sounded like he had no chance of escape. The way is shut Whatever could that mean? Were they trapped forever? Indeed, it did seem like something only a madman could imagine, but the urgency seemed so genuine. His eyes were glued to the page, as Henry Bircham gave a final piece of advice. Some bits were confusing while others caused his eyes to be filled with horror. After Henry said his last goodbye, Abraham automatically thought of William, for he had revealed that he had found a key. But when he turned to him he was shocked to see him at the curtain, suggesting that they explored even further.

"KEEP AWAY FROM THE CURTAIN!" he screeched, although it was more like a wail, a ghostly wail. He had remembered Susanne, and how she had investigated the curtain. He could now guess at what may have happened to Henry's good friend, and feared that she had disappeared, been forgotten, perhaps erased entirely...as if she did not exist. Naturally this resulted in a sudden urge to warn, for as much as he thought William to be strange, he was company, company he would need judging from Henry's writings. There was also the fact that there was no way in hell Abe wanted to deal with the thing in the church. Out of instinct Abe ran up to him and pulled him from the curtain, out of the shadows' ways, even though he did not know they were there. None-the-less Abe pulled the curtains over the opening, not risking a chance to let whatever was behind there free. His agitation with William clear, Abe turned to face him. "Are you MAD?! Didn't you get a bad vibe from that thing? There are plenty of other places to explore but that curtain is no good! You could have disappeared, you could have been erased!" he yelled with a sense of urgency. He could not fathom what William saw, but still he shouted, his knees quivering. Turning away he said, "We're getting the hell out of this room! I can't stand it anymore! " he told him, walking in a quick pace. "Do you still have that key?"
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:06 pm

{William Livingstone}

Empty Church_Abyss_

Utter Madness was the perfect words to describe a room with no sound, no light, only a terrible chill with a sinister over tone. It was as if he had found the edge of god's stage and William just stared into the emptiness. It couldn't be a room, and a hole couldn't possibly be explain what it was. It seemed like an abyss of absolute nothingness. He stood there paralyzed, much a toad staring blankly at a snake.

Lazarus's warning went to deaf ears. William just stood there, as he couldn't fully comprehend this bizarre phenomenon. As Lazarus pulled him away from the horrendous sight, he could see, William's empty stare. It took a full minute for William to look at Lazarus and as he did, he said " ...Strengthen me to follow in Your footsteps, to walk through my Valley of the Shadow of Death without fearing evil, so that in the end I will walk right into the Light of Resurrection... Amen..." He then, smiled.

" I believe, you're right." William said as he agreed with Lazarus. " I think, our time here at the church should end now. " He added as he then walked over towards the exit and away from the curtain. He held his right hand in the air with his fingers and thumb straight. He swiped several times at the far away door, left, right, diagonally, as he did so black marks began to appear on the door and nearby walls. Will stopped just short of the door and whispered " Freezing Knife."

The door crumbled onto the floor. The edges of the debris were extremely cold, froze over. William was not going to be stopped or staying this in this room a moment longer. " I have the key, its safe in my hands. Shall we go now?" He asked over to Lazarus as he took a step outside of the room with the curtain of oblivion. " I like to return here, but not for a while. I seem to be quite shaken from this experience." William explained.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Slipslash » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:36 pm

---Siestas Sisters: Church---

"Oooh, I just picked up something very interesting. . ."

"Me too."
"Wonder what it could be. . ."
"Well it looks like a very very large and intricate magic grid is woven into the church itself, I detected hints of otherworldly magic at play."
"No doubt those two inside are scared, nyeh heh heh."

". . ."
". . ."
". . .I'm bored"
"O-our objectives are to record the instances."

"Can we shoot at them now?"
"N-no, Master Enine said we are not to fire under any circumstances."
"Aww right. . ."

Thus was the conversation of the two rabbit-girl's from within the bushes near the church. They continued spying on Abe and William as they went through their own antics. The siestas were not particularly scared of the magic at hand, having dealt with instances of such strong magic before. It was already causing interference with communications. They continued watching, talking as they usually did; the Siestas weren't ones for stealth.

Postby sam4books » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:53 pm

~Abraham Wylie~

----Location: The "Empty" Church, Graveyard of Centre Merchurdon----

Abe stared at William, giving him a look of concern, his blank stare unnerving. Just what did he see in there? The prayer had puzzled him and took him by surprise, but at least William was not seriously damaged in the mind. Abraham could not take any more of this madness, his secular mind would not allow it. Everything still seemed strange to him, for he could not take in the fact that William was in danger of being erased from his memory moments ago if he had not pulled him away from the abyss. It was an alien concept to him. Something of myth... He was glad to know that they were finally leaving the accursed church.

Pocketing the journal inside of his pockets he followed William to the door and watched William preform some sort of spell with interest. "Impressive." he commented. "But I rather prefer a more traditional way, less messy that way." He nodded at the adventurer's answer to his question. "Good. Keep it close." he advised in response, and then shook as the answer to William's question was pretty obvious. "Of course. I would be mad if I did not want to leave. The only problem with that is that there may be the possibility that it...I'd hate to say...may already be too late." Henry's words, The way is shut came to mind as he said this. "But luckily, you have that spell of yours, so maybe I'm just afraid of spending a lifetime inside any church."

Stepping outside alongside William, he shrugged when William voiced his future plans. "Do what you want. There's nothing left for me here, and I've got all the information I need." As he said this Abraham patted his right pocket. "We are both shaken. But if you want to come back here and risk disappearing again, be my guest."
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:30 pm

{William Livingstone}

_Empty Church_ Inside to Outside_

" I apologize.
" William said as he expressed distress. He reached into his jacket and then pat his forehead with a green handkerchief. " Normally, I would too. However, today is a special case. " He said as he looked away from Lazarus and over at the front door of the church. " I was right, unfortunately." Will mentioned, giving his forehead another pat with his kerchief. " I have to stop being right sometimes. " He said as he shook his head.

" A spell? A move, really." William corrected Lazarus as he talked about the door's destruction and further problem. " And I doubt that. With information, always comes curiosity. " William commented on Lazarus's new found journal. He stop short of the door and turned to face Lazarus, face to face. " Thank you, for helping me. I hope, we can meet each other again." He said. He made no attempt to ask about the journal. William felt, he had earned it as had earned the key so unless Lazarus brought it up, he would not bother the man about it. He tucked the key away into his jacket, but the right term was handing it.

He then, walk over to the entrance. " Through, I doubt, you'll be Lazarus, again." William remarked. As William stepped outside, his bowler hat lowered as something was rising from the ground. A clockwork warrior dug up to meet his master and was surrounded by four familiar clockwork warriors. The underground dweller, clockwork soldier began to clink and clank, what seemed like a message to William . Through to William, it was more a warning.

To those, spying, William looked a bit strange with strange silver hair and teal colored irises. However, his manner of clothing was a dark brown jacket, vest, and pants with a dark green shirt underneath. They would also notice, he was directly staring at the tree with his left hand pointed to them.

William snapped his finger with a loud snap. " Let's go meet and greet, the local tree climbers, shall we?" He said to Lazarus and as if on cue, the spies's tree crashed to the ground. From the look of it, the tree was hollowed out, until the stress finally caused it to collapse. " I don't want to know why two adult women, wear bunny ears and spy, but I would like to know if it was their choice or someone else?" William questioned, curious if they would actual answer.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Slipslash » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:18 am

---Siestas Sisters---

"Eh, looks like we've been spotted."
"Uh what should we d-"

The two girl's conversations were cut off as the tree they were on mysteriously became hollowed out and broke. "Eeeep" "Ehhhh?" The two screamed as their perch was taken out form underneath them. They both quickly maneuvered in midair, landing on their respective feet. 45 was the first one to open up a conversation, despite the fact that he was the one who had taken them down.

"You look like master with that hair and those cloths! It's nothing special really, the silver hair bit is overused too often these days."
45 said with a smirk. "4-45 were not to speak to the targets! M-master Enine made it clear w-we are only to observe!"
"Why observe when we can collect so much more info just from talking, nyeh heh heh."
"B-b-but!"

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Kevin had been walking around the street, trying to discover the location of the guide and the rest of the tour. He cursed himself for getting distracted and not paying attention like that. It had just been so long since he'd been able to relax like that and let the hubble and bubble of the town wash over him. He grinned in reminiscence as the old dull ache from the weeks of paperwork and bureaucratic meetings and arguements had been striped away by the loud and erratic lulling of the crowd. He jerked back to full alertness as a boom and a KA-BOOM broke brutishly through his happy daze and bumped him to attention as the shockwave swept under his feet. He turned and stared at the expanding pillar of black smoke growing from the remains of a small building down the street on his right. His jaw hung open for a few seconds as he took it all in. What the hell is going on today. He racked his skull for a few seconds, trying to find a suitable word to describe the situation. He nodded decisively as inspiration struck, Fuck. and he jogged down to the outside of the shop.

He leaped over the first dead body and looked down at the various moaning, bleeding and dead bodies. Ignoring the dead and the moaners, he lunged and knelt down beside a middle-aged man, screaming soundlessly as he desperately clutched his bleeding throat and thrashed around wildly, his eyes locked desperately on to Kevin and bulged even wider as the skeleton bore down upon him. He flailed wildly at Kevin and tried to scurry away but a quick punch to the head and the man's eyes rolled back as he slipped into unconsciousness. Kevin calmly dis-engaged the man's attempted death grip around his own throat and placed his hand just under the opening and shoved the lower skin up and over the slit. He placed the tip of his bony finger from his other hand at the start of the cut and slid the finger across the wound, wisps of evaporated and burnt blood rose up and entered into Kevin's skull as the finger sealed the throat closed. As the throat closed over, kevin raised his finger and blew out the smoke towards the small, thin flame coated over his finger. It sparked, changed from yellow to blood red to crimson and burst violently into life and jumped and rose and flew twirling into the air where it exploded into the shape of a red cross. Fat load of good that will do. They probably won't get here for another hour. Useless Red cross.

He turned and looked inside the shop, he noticed the various watches and clocks and frowned internally. Why would anyone want to blow up a clock shop? he asked himself as he stepped over the rubble. He swept his hand in front of him, left and right, the remaining flames in the shop flickered out of existence and the smoke was swept away as a small gust of wind blew into the shop and took it away. Hello, hello hello. he winced mentally as he realised what he'd started and decided to go on with it. What's going on here then?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm

~Abraham Wylie~

----Location: The "Empty" Church--->Graveyard of Centre Merchurdon----

"Either way it is impressive" Abe stated again. Whether it was a move or a spell did not really matter to him. It was all the same. He rolled his eyes at the curiosity comment, "Yes, yes, curiosity." Abe did not believe in acting on one's curiosity, but he also did not feel like arguing, not after his experience in that room. He figured William would be difficult to argue with anyways. William's thanks was met with a grunt as a response. It wasn't like he wasn't welcome, but Abraham wanted William to think nothing of it. He doubted they would meet in the future, and he also doubted he would receive his help once again. Even if the both of them did met again, he knew he wouldn't be the same person. Abe was taken aback by William's statement however, 'He knows?' he thought, flabbergasted. He did not expect that anyone to figure it out so easily. The ghoul bit his lip, it looked like he would have to step of his game, he could not risk everyone in the city knowing that there was a doppelganger amongst them. His entire career could be ruined. 'Perfect, just perfect. This can't get any worse.'

He spoke too soon.

Ahead of them the ghoul spotted strangers in a tree. They were probably just a bunch of bored children, but something told him not to approach them still. This is why when William suggested they met them he shook his head as if to say no, "Call me crazy, but I don't think that's quite a good idea." It was far too late for that, the tree holding the spies up had collapsed, revealing to them their watchmen....or watchwomen.

Abraham was frozen in place as William spoke and the two women conversed amongst themselves. Those bunny ears...where had he seen them before? Then it hit him, that rich man at the marketplace! There was another woman with bunny ears with him just like these two! Frantically he looked to the bike and toy theatre he had left beside the church, they were still there. The ghoul considered what would happen if these women were to inform the rich man of this. If he were to put two and two together he knew there was a chance that he could have two people on to his secret instead of one. Abraham kept quiet as the scene progressed, deciding whether it was wise to speak with these two or not. So he agreed with the women in the aspect that much info could be gained from talking. However, he did take note of the name the girl's had mentioned: Enine.
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 pm

{William Livingstone}

_Empty Church's grounds_

" If everyone does it, the easier someone like me, can blend in. " William said as his response to the hair comment. Personally that would be better if everyone had silver hair as he doesn't want to be special, professionally it would become a problem, because being unique tends to draw in a crowd. " Ordinary things, don't attract attention, after all." He added with a smile.

As the two bunny girls talked, William learn a great deal about certain things. Apparently, they are working for someone and they refer each other as numbers. Their master, the one, they're working for is a man, as they used the term Master and give away important tidbits like his taste in clothing, hair color, and most importantly his name, Enine. " Well, you can only collect, what I wish to tell you, after all." William said as he approached the two. His hands were near his sides, until he raised them up and gestured with them.

" Honestly, I can say nothing at all to you two. "
William scoffed at the bunny girls. " I know, what I'm looking for, so I can find your master." He mentioned as he acted playful with the two. " I know, your armed and abnormal so I don't need to hold back with you two, at all." He went on to say " However, I'm a gentlemen, so I propose this. I'll mention some things only with your master, tomorrow at the "Ring", 9 am sharp. Is this acceptable?"

"By the way, call me "Bill", if you don't mind. " William said.
More Robots

Postby Slipslash » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

---Siestas Sisters---

410's smile only grew wider as William went on talking about himself. "Nyeh heh heh, the human thinks he's stronger then us." She said, for 410 was the type to play around with serious characters, and William seemed serious enough. "S-s-top 410!"

"We know your weapons are weak and not very strong at all, but we will pass on the message to our master, Mr. Bill, nyeh heh heh."
"410 we mustn't talk to the targets!" said 45 from behind 410. 410 then pointed at Abhram.

"What's the matter with him? Is he a mu-" a surprised look crossed 410's face as the signature of Abrahm's magic grid was at once recognized by her and 45. "He's the shapeshifter that 00 and Master saw." they thought to one another.. "I think it's time we go 45." "I think you're right 410" They said to each other outloud. "It's been fun gentlemen." 410 said as they both jumped back into the brush. And just as quickly as they entered, they were gone.

*UNIT REPORT*

"We're transmitting the data. . standby. . ."
"Roger that 410 you have clearance for a data upload, what are the general contents while we are waiting?"
"45 here, the contents are as follows: One High-intensity full scale area magic grid, located in the church and through it. Two suspicious persons, each with an allocated magic grid. One seems to have lied to us in regards to his name, this can be resolved by an in-depth analyzes of his magic-grid or if Master Enine may pursue, the meeting the target proposed. As for the second target, we recognized his signature thanks to your own data uploads, he's the shapeshifter from earlier. We did not engage in conversation with the shapeshifter."

"Roger that 45, upload complete, I will pass on the info to Lord Enine, return to base, Double O signing off. . ."

*CSshSHSHK*

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 am

{William Livingstone}

_Empty Church grounds_

William watched as they disappeared into thin-air. He scoffed them yet again " Weapons, whoever said their weapons." Will shook his head at their nonsense. His men were not weapons, nor would they ever be, they were soldiers that focus on another side of combat. " My bare fists is all I need. Through, I might need some marbles and coins with this one." William remarked as he thought about it. " And a grand scheme or two." He commented out loud as if he forgot Lazarus.

" Through, what does the Greek letter Mu, have to do with Lazarus?"
William questioned as he rubbed his chin. He then, looked over to Lazarus, who oddly remained quiet from this discussion. " Probably, she thought you were a mute. " He said as he figured that might have been the answer. " Anyways, Lazarus, what you found is yours, but I would like to pay for information, every so often." William said as attempted to make a deal with man. At this point, Will figured he had a good idea of Lazarus's true character. " Frankly, I bet you could use some extra money from time to time." He added.
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:23 am

~Abraham Wylie~

----Location: Graveyard of Centre Merchurdon, The "Empty" Church Grounds----

'If only that was true.' Abe thought when William suggested that the women assumed he was mute. He knew that they figured it out, he could tell from the surprise look on one of their faces. He was just grateful that they did not choose to reveal him to William when they had a chance. As long as he stayed under the radar he was fine with what everyone him did. He was even fine about hearing that William was planning on meeting Enine now that he knew the two women did not seem to care about him as much as they did about William. He was perfectly okay with that, for he knew that either way it would spell out trouble for him. Naturally he had waited a look of disinterest on his face, he was not happy about being in the same place as the sisters, and was glad when they went their own way. "Good riddence" he spat before adding after a slight pause, "They were annoying."

He was about to leave for his shack, thinking that they were done here, but William had other plans. The adventurer said something that commanded his immediate attention, a proposal. His "ears" perked up at the sound of the word "money". Turning around, his interest visible, he asked "What was that?" Abe looked from the book, than to William, and pointed at it. "You want me to sell this to you?" The ghoul twirled the book between his fingers, mulling over the offer. Indeed the extra money would be useful, at times like these anything would've been great if one were to survive off the streets. Plus, he was getting sick of eating pigeon eggs for breakfast and pigeons for dinner. At the same time this was highly valuable information he was holding, he wanted to make sure he didn't get cheated out of the deal. "How much are you offering for it?" he asked.
In passing

Postby Musicmac » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 pm

=[ { Despertars } ]=

As the warmth of the morning sun made itself cozy and welcome in the streets and houses of the city, a young boy whose name was Terra sat behind a table with a fountain pen in hand gliding over empty pages that were quickly but neatly filled with important information in the form of numbers and words that would be nonsensical to anyone who came across it, except for him. With one final stroke, the pen was kept into a small drawer along with the old leather-bound book which he was so familiar with the old leather-bound book. Terra got up from the chair and made his way to a room next to the one he exited.

"Etere, Etere", the horned boy said in a whisper as he carefully closed the door behind him, he didn't want to wake the others up yet. Walking up to the bed where his silver-haired roommate slept in, he gave a weak poke with his finger to Etere's head. The blanket shifted and Etere quickly sat up, his face blank and without expression. This surprised the other and caused Terra to fall down on the floor.

"...Good morning", he said as he got out of bed, went into the shower connected to the room, cleaned himself and quickly came out, fully dressed in a simple butler's uniform.

"You were saying", Etere said while smoothing out the black fabric of his uniform and put on a pair white gloves.

"It's almost time for Master to wake up", Terra said as he got up from the floor.

"Are the others awake?", the boy said as he exited their room and walked to the room next to theirs.

"I don't know", Terra replied while following Etere.

"We'll see. Acqua, Fuoco, can we come in?", the silver-hared boy said as he knocked on the door a few times. Voices were heard inside, arguing probably. Left without any other option, Etere reached for the doorknob to force his way in. That is, until it flung itself open.

A girl with blonde hair and green skin dressed in a simple maid's uniform stepped out, glaring with anger at the two that were standing in front of her. "Move", she commanded in a cold manner before walking past the two and down the stairs, towards the kitchen. It was not long before another person dressed in casual clothing stepped out with clenched fists and a frown. It was Fuoco apparently, she had on a simple red newsboy cap, a brown leather vest, a white shirt underneath and a pair of simple black pants, her clothing made her look androgynous as usual.

"Why that little reptile, I'll- Etere, Terra, what is it", the auburn-haired girl said impatiently while tapping her left foot.

"Master will be waking up soon", Etere replied unhesitatingly.

"So what, we're all awake now. Besides, it's not like we're out of t-"

The crashing sound of shattering glass was suddenly heard from downstairs, followed by random cursing by Acqua in an unknown tongue.

"...Great, just great"

Without waiting for an explanation, the three deashed downstairs. While Etere and Terra went to the kitchen, Fuoco went into the living room, which also served as a waiting room for guests and customers, grabbed a pouch full of coins from a counter and ran out of the place.
Last edited by Musicmac on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listen.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:30 pm

{William Livingstone}

_Empty Church Grounds_

" More likely the content than the journal itself." William said to be specific to the man, he called "Lazarus". He then, opened his coat letting six clockwork soldiers jumped from their hiding place. Apparently, the six clockwork soldiers from earlier were using William as a hiding place. " What I want to arranged is for me to meet you on your terms to read a few pages of the journal." He mentioned as he began to discuss the terms of their deal. " Each page will cost me and I'll let you decide the price." He said with a smile.

He then, turned and approached the fallen tree. He picked it up with both hands and raised it above his head. " Now I hope, you'll be reasonable, but mind you, I figured this would suit you better than me buying the entire journal." William said as explained his reasoning. He would then go on to say "Other than that, I figured the journal would be safer in your hands."
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:53 pm

~Abraham Wylie~

----Location: Graveyard of Centre Merchurdon, The "Empty" Church Grounds----

Abraham stroke his chin in a pose of thought, considering this tempting offer. He could not help but revel in the perfection of this opportunity, the chance of a successful transaction. This time, he actually gain a decent amount of cash, with no....interruptions. Or at least...that would be a preferable conclusion. But Abe was certain it would not end that way, as long as he played it safe. He looked a bit suspiciously at the little toy soldiers hidden inside William's coat. It was particularly those things he knew he had to worry about. He didn't even know they were using that coat as a hiding place, if they somehow exposed him completely Will here would find his concerns to be true which either meant trouble or a unifying pact of secrecy. Those both were things Abe did not need, particularly friendship, but mostly being exposed. He couldn't really choose which was worst. After all, it wasn't like he needed a acquaintance. Abe was pretty sure he was doing fine by himself. Pretty sure.

So yes, the offer could be described in Abe's eyes as "too good to be true". The more he thought about it, the more he considered the risks. This was a sort of deal he was not used to, everything came to him whole not in parts. In order to con as much money out of the man as possible, he knew he would have to stay until William shoved him out. At the same time this could lead to instances where he would be forced to make conversation. Who knew where that could lead. Perhaps Abe was a wee bit too paranoid, but this man...he knew he was different, unlike his usual marks. If he were to go home with a good day's work this time, he'd have to weave the perfect backstory, the perfect tale. It also meant he'd have to spend some time studying the old begger himself. The ghoul smiled, a conman could never be too prepared. "I accept."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:21 pm

{William Livingstone}

_Empty Church Grounds_

"Glad to hear." William said as he rest the fallen tree somewhere out of the way. " After all, the journal is more valuable than the key. " He remarked with his back to Lazarus. He reached into his clicked his pocket watch reverting back to normal. His hair was once again black and his eyes a lapis blue. " Others, won't be as generous as I since you saved my life." William chuckled as he faced Lazarus.

"Anyone else will kill you for it so "Lazarus", please be careful." William said as he quoted with his fingers when he said that. " Through, I already know, you will." He added as he started to walk away. From what Lazarus has displayed in the church, William already feels he made the right decision. Certainly the man is self-centered and a deceiver , but Lazarus has shown William, he has common sense and wits, and most importantly the courage to do what's right when needed.

"There is hope for this city, after all."
William remarked " Well good day to you, Lazarus. I need to visit a bookstore for tomorrow."
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Penna and Angelo – ‘Pemberton’s Clock making’

Penna barely had time to react, dropping to the floor as the two explosions were set off. The counter shielded her from the worst of the effects, but as she stood back up she was shaking. She barely heard the words the Baron had said to her, and not just from the ringing in her ears. She was staring in shocked silence at the shop. Pemberton’s shop – their shop that they’d had for generations, now lay half in ruins. The very front of the shop had all but gone, the explosion had destroyed most of it on its path into the street outside. There was a gaping hole in the wall which lead into the back room where Angelo was, some brickwork and debris still crumbling amidst clouds of dust, from where the grandfather clock had torn through on its destructive path. Practically every single clock had been broken, many of them beyond repair or damaged in a way which would cost more to repair than to start from scratch. Some of those clocks had been antiques, and others had been just made, ready for collection that very day. The damage done to the shop and their business was devastating. Most of the clocks could be fixed…but it would cost them greatly, in time, customers and expenses. Penna wasn’t even sure if they had the money to cover everything.

Penna turned in Hawkes’ direction, just registering what he had said. The way he was grinning suddenly made her awash with hot anger, and she looked very close to slapping him around the face.

Fortunately at that moment another figure entered the shop. She was a bit surprised at his appearance (was he…a walking corpse?), but after what had just happened, very little would have surprised her at that moment. She still couldn’t fully comprehend what had happened, let alone why. She opened her mouth to try and explain to the policeman as best as she could, but the words failed her. “I-I don’t know,” was all she managed to say in the end, still dazed. “…There was a bomb…”

~*~

Meanwhile, Angelo had been considerably lucky. Being in the back room, the first he knew of what was going on was the sound of the first explosion – by which time the second, much greater explosion had already begun. He just managed to reach a hand to his breast pocket and half-click the pocket watch when the grandfather clock burst through the wall, smashing into the work surface Angelo had been sitting at and finally coming to rest at the opposite wall.

However Angelo had already been well out of the way by the time this had happened. His hair shining an unnatural golden and his eyes now a deep ruby red, he could feel the whole air shimmering, as if in a strong scorching heat. Slowly he had watched as he saw in accurate detail the wall leading into the rest of the shop begin to buckle and crumble, debris spinning through the air as the great clock impacted. Oh shit, was the only thing he could think. He could feel his heart pounding as he ducked and dodged any loose rubble headed his way, running and jumping to the safety of the corner of the room, shielding his head with his arms. As soon as he was sure it was over, he stood back up, coughing at the dust and smoke as his pocket watch unclicked of its own accord, sending everything back into real time for him. He could make out the smouldering remains of what had been the grandfather clock resting against the wall and looking like the surrounding area would catch fire at any moment. He coughed again, trying in vain to wave the smoke away as he made his way towards the front of the shop.

However at that moment something ran up against his feet. The young man looked down with a frown. It was the clockwork mouse. Even though he had left it right in the path of the clock as it burst through, the tiny mechanic rodent had still survived. Although, strangely enough it was no longer squeaking.
“Either there’s some kind of enchantment on you, or you are a very lucky little machine,” Angelo muttered to it, picking the clockwork mouse up and pocketing it. But then he looked up, as the realisation of what had happened hit him. “Penna.”

With some urgency now, he fought his way into the rest of the shop, scanning it for signs of his twin. “Is everybody alright?” he called out, as he emerged from the back room and out into the open. He sighed in relief as he saw that Penna was alright.

But the mess…Angelo couldn’t believe it. That had been some bomb, and it hadn’t been his. Far too well done to be a mindless attack either, whoever had done it must have been skilled, and had known exactly what they were doing. The way most of the explosion had been directed out at the street seemed to Angelo like it had been planned. And to think it had been inside one of the clocks without them realising…he was somewhat thankful the damage hadn’t been worse. It was also a good thing he didn’t keep any of his own explosives near the shop…for more than one good reason.

He knelt down near the transformed Adan with concern. “Can you get up Sir?” he asked. “Here, let me help you,” he spoke quietly, attempting to help the man to his feet. He nodded to Vincent, who also looked like he was in pain. “You ok, Sir?”

~*~

Lady Clarita Lockhart

The Silver Lady slid gracefully back down into her seat, observing Gerard carefully. She smiled a little at his words. “Well, to be quite honest, it is not what you can help me with, Monsieur. More so it is what you can help the Imperium with. I am here on their behalf.” She rested her elbow gently on the table with a gloved hand underneath her chin, leaning forward ever so slightly. Her dark eyes looked into his, the intent behind them unclear. “We know quite a bit about you, Monsieur Escalen. You could say certain things have…caught our attention.” She smiled, waiting to see his reaction.

~*~

Elizabeth (“Lizzie”) Taylor – With Marcey

The urchin girl watched as her tour group slowly departed, turning to Marcey. “Certainly, Miss,” she replied in answer to her first question. “I can show you where to go now, if you’ll follow.” The half-elf started to lead Marcey in the direction of her home. Her pointed ears perked up at the mention of food. “Really Miss? I’d like that…if it isn’t too much trouble. But, I mean – I wouldn’t want to intrude…” Lizzie said, suddenly feeling awkward. She looked down, fiddling with the string of her purse. She always felt bad about accepting charity from strangers. She always felt like it was as bad as stealing. Not only that, but there was that business card…

As they reached their destination, Elizabeth gestured with a hand. “Here you go, Miss. If you ever get lost again or need anythin, give me a shout and I’ll come running.” The girl smiled. Then hesitating, she said. “Miss, is it alright by you if I don’t stay long? I wouldn’t want to intrude on your house, not when you’ve been so kind already…and I kind of got some place I gotta go.”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby counterfeitself » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Gerard Escalen

Jackie frowned through this proceeding, he'd bet money that the Imperium would ignore his friend, but this was quite shocking. But what was most shocking was that they'd found Gerard so fast. A shocked look crossed Gerard's face as well, but for different reasons. Partially because she was from the Imperium, but mostly since he'd caught their attention so quickly. Sure, The Raven had been at work for a while in the city, but he used to try to keep it quiet. Recently, he'd stepped it up a bit, gaining a little bit of attention for his vigilante alter ego.Looking back at the other pair of eyes, he tried to read their intent as he spoke, but that was never his strong suit. Then, shooting a look at Jackie, he spoke, "Well then, what can I do for the Imperium, or more accurately," he paused, as he checked the door the Butler had gone out. Satisfied that the man wasn't listening on the other side, he returned to the table and whispered, "what can The Raven do for the Imperium?"

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing