LI Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Lunatic Inc. OOC:Sign-ups temporarily re-open

Postby sam4books » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Doctress Who wrote:"Hmm. Really...? What did a dead being ever do to you, then?"

"Oh, I don't know...die?"

(No idea. Should we stop?)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Yes, please if you don't mind.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Ok, yeah...we'll stop now. >_>
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

*saves conversation for CHARLES PRICE: NON-CANON ADVENTURES Archives*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes, that it was...

You have a 'Charles Price: Non-Canon Adventures' archive?
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Yup. I also have "Canon", "Spoofs and Paradies", and "General Info".

I have high hopes for little Charlie ;D
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Awesomeness :3
Time Lady

Postby TheMaddness » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 pm

How funny that everyone was complaining and threatening me to post, but then when I Do, NO ONE DOES ANYTHING.

Especially Counter , who Can Actually post, now that he's deceased.
...I mean Approved.

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:07 pm

I only haven't done anything because other RPs are calling out to me, needing attention.

Plus, I was busy trying out my brand new tablet this afternoon... >_>
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:10 pm

Same as Doc, my RP was in need of an update so...

(wow, I haven't put an "an" in front of an "u" word in like forever o.O)
In passing

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:44 pm

TheMaddness wrote:How funny that everyone was complaining and threatening me to post, but then when I Do, NO ONE DOES ANYTHING.

Especially Counter , who Can Actually post, now that he's deceased.
...I mean Approved.

Frankly, you gave me a whole lot of nothing, but i'll think of something.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby TheMaddness » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Heh, thats funny, I mentioned posts but All i see are EXCUSES

=p

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:58 am

Been busy I'll have a post up on Saturday most likely. perhaps friday.

Postby Akaine » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:22 pm

I just logged on. DON'T THROW ME IN WITH THESE IMPUDENT FOOLS!

(I've been watching too many disney movies. BAH)
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:03 am

Romana is so going to make Charles regret complaining... :D

Oh the plans Romana has for Charles...he'd run a mile if only he knew xD
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 am

It's official. Charles hates Romana now.
In passing

Postby Musicmac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:22 am

Charles is gonna hate a lot more than just Romona.
Listen.

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:25 am

Yup, Charles's heart is teeming with hate right now.
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 am

Teehee.

Well it wouldn't be the first time Romana's been hated.

Charles might hate her now, but Romana knows what she is doing. And unlike Enine, she's not doing it to get a reaction or for entertainment, she's doing it to help (with some frank opinions thrown in, but that's just Romana for you). Helping people is Romana's main aim...Charles just hasn't worked that out yet ;D
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:31 am

That's the thing about Charles, he has always been blind to other people helping him out (he's just so used to helping other people he never thought of the prospect of people helping him in return), and this hasn't been the first time people tried to reform him either. If Romana does in fact succeed she would be doing what tons of his other friends have failed to do.

In fact, you will soon learn that the people Charles believe to hate him never actually hated him in the first place...
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:54 am

Well Romana's officially made it her mission to sort Charles out.
And Romana's had plenty of experience of reforming people...including reforming herself. Someone once changed her life, and now she has made it her job to change the lives of others. Something the extreme conservative Time Lords back on Gallifrey hate.

Romana won't give up on Charles. She'll help him, no matter how long it takes. Give it enough time, and she will get through to him.

If he's that blind to people and stubborn in his ways, that will only make her all the more determined :3

"I must agree with Miss Romona on this matter, Mr. Charles. I will help and restore you into liking pets", Jake said as to give support to Romona's plans.

And who is this "Romona" you speak of? I don't believe I've met this "Romona". Is she nice?
Time Lady

Postby Musicmac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:59 am

Doctress Who wrote:Well Romana's officially made it her mission to sort Charles out.
And Romana's had plenty of experience of reforming people...including reforming herself. Someone once changed her life, and now she has made it her job to change the lives of others. Something the extreme conservative Time Lords back on Gallifrey hate.

Romana won't give up on Charles. She'll help him, no matter how long it takes. Give it enough time, and she will get through to him.

If he's that blind to people and stubborn in his ways, that will only make her all the more determined :3

"I must agree with Miss Romona on this matter, Mr. Charles. I will help and restore you into liking pets", Jake said as to give support to Romona's plans.

And who is this "Romona" you speak of? I don't believe I've met this "Romona". Is she nice?

Ah, sorry bout that.
I knew something was wrong with my posts.
Listen.

Postby Mellow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:00 am

Well, seeing as how it says sign-ups are open, I'll just go ahead and apply here. eh?

Name: Hesiod Keating
Race: Human

Physical Description: Hesiod has a tall, thin build, though he is not scrawny; his muscles are compact so as to not obstruct or hinder his movements. His hair is predominantly black, with streaks of white which gives his hair a striped pattern. He has long bangs, but he keeps his sideburns neatly shaved. His eyes are sharp, despite their dull grey color. The iris of his left eye is slightly cloudy and seems to fade into the white sclera of his eye, though Hesiod claims that his eyesight is not at all impaired. Even so, he always has a pair of rimless reading glasses with rounded lenses on.

Whenever he conducts any official business, Hesiod always wears his striped blue suit and bowler hat. The suit and hat are light blue in color, but the stripes on the upper and lower halves of his suit are of a deeper shade. He always wears a pair of black socks and loafers. In his breast pocket, he always has a plain white handkerchief and a pair of blue gloves neatly tucked away. The blue gloves both have a small white orb embedded into them on the back, which turns dark blue when Hesiod uses his powers in conjunction with them. Underneath his suit, he wears a perfectly normal plain, white shirt.

Equipment:
The clothes which Hesiod has on are created from a special fiber that reacts with Hesiod’s powers. The suit which Hesiod wears can automatically repair itself if damaged and acts as a pseudo Kevlar vest. It can prevent small, sharp projectiles from penetrating Hesiod’s body, but it cannot stop the damage the impact causes. Hesiod’s suit uses the ability of his powers to create paradoxes to carry out these actions. His bowler hat and shoes are also made of the same material.

Hesiod’s gloves also have similar properties. Hesiod can focus his powers into the orbs on the back of his gloves, which act like funnels for his abilities. This creates a blur in the space around Hesiod, which he can use as a cover. But its main function is to help Hesiod see the possible actions an opponent can take. The ‘blur cloud’ extends in a 5 meter radius around Hesiod, and anything within this blur has all its possible movements and actions revealed inside. Using this in conjunction with Hesiod’s quick reactions allows him to dodge many fatal attacks.

Aside from these items, Hesiod also keeps a variety of bombs within the pockets of his suit. From time bombs and grenades, to sticky bombs and C4; Hesiod's suit is filled with explosives. Even some of the fibers within Hesiod’s suit allows it to become an explosive bomb when lit, though to prevent it from accidentally igniting, his suit was designed in a way to only go off when it has been flipped inside out. Even if the suit has been destroyed, though, Hesiod’s powers allow him to recreate the suit around himself again.

Hesiod also carries around a utility lighter, which he uses to light up his bombs or burn any messages his Ghostwriter creates.

Theme Song: Liquid Negrocity

Powers:
The Ghostwriter - The power for which Hesiod is known for, this ability manifests itself as a spiritual advisor to Hesiod. It takes up the form of a floating disheveled corpse with strands of scraggly, pale white hair clinging onto its skull. Everything below its waist seems to fade away from reality and its dark, hollow eyes seem to act like gateways to another plane of being. The Ghostwriter ‘wears’ a tattered, blue waistcoat and radiates a blue glow, allowing itself to act as a source of light for Hesiod in dark areas. Of course, if this was all the ‘Ghostwriter’ could do, then Hesiod would not be known for his ability.

Ghosts are the souls of those who have passed on from the physical world. While those who have freshly died may find themselves bound to the rules of the world that they once obeyed, the souls of those who have existed for much, much longer have learned to detach themselves from their constraints; which is why ghosts are often involved in fortune telling and predictions of the future. Time is no longer linear for ghosts; instead, it is like a picture book. They have the ability to backtrack or skip to the end if they so much as please. The problem with the latter is that the future is never set in stone, so predictions that come from ghosts can differ. More powerful ghosts are much more reliable at predicting the more likely outcome, but they still can do nothing to affect the outcome of any action.

The Ghostwriter is not actually a ghost. It is a manifestation of Hesiod’s psyche; a window of sorts into the spirit world. Since the Ghostwriter is only a manifestation of Hesiod’s will and not actually a spirit, it is still subjected to the same limitations Hesiod has; thus, it cannot see into the future. The Ghostwriter’s real use is in its ability to ‘read’ what has happened and what is currently happening in Hesiod’s present; it basically acts just like psychometry, which is the ability to read information from an object or person just through contact.

For the former ability, Hesiod needs the Ghostwriter to be in an area or near the object whose past he wants to find out about. The fresher the 'memory' he searches for, the more easily it is for the Ghostwriter to find out about it. If he wants to find out about what happened a year ago to an object or person, he'd need a large boost to his own power or for someone else to amplify his own psychometric abilities. For the latter ability, Hesiod only needs to concentrate on a person or object to find out its location, what is currently happening around it, and, if it is sentient, what it intends to do. Individuals with powerful abilities, though, could create a barrier of sorts to protect themselves off from Hesiod’s scrying; those with even stronger powers could block out his scrying of objects and locations.

The Ghostwriter relays all this information by writing it out on a typewriter before passing on the message to Hesiod. The messages it creates become physical objects once they have been removed from the typewriter, so anyone can hold onto it and read it. The Ghostwriter can also type out other messages and relay them to other people; the Ghostwriter can move as far as it needs to away from Hesiod and can move at 50-65 km/h. If it needs to return to Hesiod quickly, Hesiod can will it back to teleport to his location; this ability can be interfered with by those with similar spiritual abilities like Hesiod that can bind spirits. The Ghostwriter cannot turn invisible and leaves a faint trail that can be tracked down by the spiritually-sensitive.

The Ghostwriter also possesses another ability, which is to write out a possible future path Hesiod can take. This ability allows Hesiod to split up into, at most, 8 separate bodies which he calls ’Ghost Imprints’. Each body is fully autonomous and it allows Hesiod to do multiple tasks at once. These bodies are only 'possible' paths Hesiod can take, so if one of these bodies is killed, all the actions it has taken are undone. For example, if one of Hesiod's bodies kills a person, if that body is destroyed, than the death of that person is undone. To make an action permanent, Hesiod must merge all his separate bodies together. Hesiod can, if needed, ‘Scrap’ a body at will and negate all its actions.

Imprints that unite together merge together all their experiences, so any injuries they may have sustained are shared. This counts for when all Imprints merge or if only a number of them do.

Although killing one of Hesiod’s body doubles undoes the effects of its interactions with the world, it will not take away any memories Hesiod has or the memories of those he has interacted with. So if a body double of his kills a person and is destroyed, the person will have a vague memory of having died, but nothing beyond it. Hesiod also cannot use his body double as a human shield since, once it has been destroyed, the attack he tried to block would continue on as if nothing tried to stop it at all. Hesiod can, however, redirect an attack’s direction because, even if his body double is destroyed, the attack he redirected would move as if it had changed direction by itself.

Hesiod can also have an Imprint act ‘within an action’ of another Imprint, creating a ’Paradoxical Action’. For example, if an Imprint uses an explosive to blast a hole through a wall, another Imprint can pass through that wall. If the former Imprint is destroyed, the hole in the wall disappears, but the second Imprint will still would have been able to pass through the wall. One situation where the Paradoxical Action would not work is if an Imprint tried to pass of a belonging to someone else, either another Imprint or a separate entity entirely. The moment that the former Imprint disappears, the object would return to its original location.

Hesiod’s Ghost Imprints can interact with each other and even partially merge with each other, which allow them to launch surprise attacks using one another as a cover to veil their movements. Hesiod can only merge his body doubles together if they are physically contacting each other, but he can choose which body will act as the main body to absorb the others and how many bodies are absorbed if three or more Ghost Imprints are in contact with each other. Also, the Ghost Imprints are able to teleport to one another like the Ghostwriter, but doing so destroys the Ghost Imprint at the location another Imprint is warping to; an Imprint destroyed this way also has all its actions undone. Hesiod can only teleport one Ghost Imprint at a time. A Ghost Imprint also carries over any inertia or movement it may have had prior to teleportation. Imprints can only warp to another Imprint within a 20 meter radius around them. Hesiod can also only create an Imprint within a 20 meter radius around himself, but can create more Imprints from each one of his body doubles.

Hesiod’s Ghostwriter can be hijacked if it is captured and controlled by another individual with powers related to the supernatural or any technique similar to mind control. Like this, the hijacker can forcibly use the Ghostwriter’s abilities. He would not be able to create body doubles of his own, but he can create clones of Hesiod and control their actions. Hesiod can try to regain control, but it would require some time for him to muster the energy required to wrestle back command of the Ghostwriter.

Skills:
Hesiod is a skilled boxer, having been born in a rich upper-class family with a tradition of having every child in the family taught in either a sport or art. Although he has never entered any official competition, he is known as a ‘God of Death’ in many underground boxing rings, having killed several skilled opponents with his bare hands. Hesiod has even created several techniques and developed his footwork so that he can make up for the lack of boxing techniques for the defense of his lower body.

Hesiod is also a talented assistant and secretary, able to cater to any of his client’s needs such as scheduling and the filing of important documents. He is also quite skilled in the art of coffee brewing. Some may even say godlike in his technique of preparation.

During his stint as a criminal/criminal organization saboteur, Hesiod picked up some skills in the handling and usage of explosives. He is particularly adept at setting up time bombs to blow up exactly when he needs them to, though it helps that his ability, the Ghostwriter, allows him to observe the actions of others and coordinate the detonation time of his bombs according to them.

Finally, despite his title as the Ghostwriter, any story/speech he writes is so tediously plain and overly elaborate in its wording that he would not be fit to actually be hired as a ghostwriter for anyone.

Titles: Ghostwriter

History: Hesiod was born into a rich noble family, one which managed to thrive during the great war before the unification of the entire world. Even after the war had finished, Hesiod’s family had managed to secure for itself a high position within the new government. They were an opportunistic lot; they had a keen eye for knowing which the best course of action to take was for any given situation. It was only after they were made by the government to take a test for powers that they were found to have abilities in precognition. Though they were trusted in their positions in the government because of their diligence and hard work, Hesiod’s family was involved in many underground schemes and organizations. Despite their lofty positions, Hesiod’s family was quite greedy, though they were quite congenial and even well-liked by the public. When Hesiod was born, they found his powers of psychometry quite invaluable in their criminal endeavors. They would never have been caught if Hesiod had not betrayed them by revealing their actions to the central government, but that can be discussed in detail later.

Hesiod grew up with everything a child could ever want. The only problem was that it seemed like Hesiod was born a fully matured adult instead. He had no interest in toys or games. Instead, he played politics; and he was very good at the game. Though he only played his hand in the government when he had reached his early 20's, he had long since displayed his talent in manipulating the 'lesser minds' of his peers ever since he entered school. He never ever worked as the face, though; instead, he always used a substitute in his place, which he would manipulate and control from the shadows. He had been involved in his family's shadowy business ever since he was a child, and he knew better than to attract too much attention towards himself.

It was when he had reached full-fledged adulthood that he betrayed his family. It was a very messy affair, with lots of cursing and fighting; some of Hesiod’s siblings even vowed vengeance on Hesiod, even describing in detail how much pain they would put Hesiod through before they ended his life.

Hesiod was offered a high position in the government afterward for his loyalty and dutifulness, though he refused. He explained that he hadn’t turned in his own family to the authority out of a sense of duty or moral guilt; he had done it to be free from the mundanity of a repetitive life. He would have allowed his family to continue their criminal dealings if they wouldn’t have objected to his leaving. Thus, the only rational action he could take, at least in his opinion, was to reveal his family’s secrets and leave afterward. He knew, of course, that there were other safer decisions, but he thought the idea of having to go against his family in a fight one day would be quite exciting.

After the incident, Hesiod disappeared from the government’s view for several, only re-emerging back into the spotlight when he decided to apply to Lunatic Inc. By that time, Hesiod become quite well known within the underworld, having been involved in several criminal organizations and, subsequently, destroying them. Having grown born with his aimless wandering, he believed the only place left for a person like him would be an organization filled with other ‘unique’ people like himself. Though there are those who suspect him of aiming to topple another grand organization, he replies by stating even he wasn’t foolhardy enough of aiming to bring down one of the leaders who helped bring about the end of the war. Though, even with this statement, many still doubt him; maybe it is because of the way he smiles mysteriously after saying those words of his or that glint of hidden intentions in his eyes that some may see. After all, it is not impossible to think that a man of his caliber could actually manage to hide his secrets even from the greatest mind readers of the world.
Last edited by Mellow on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

Postby sam4books » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 am

MELLOW! You're back! (again)
In passing

Postby Akaine » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:32 am

Bah I'm gonna have to read all of that XD I'm too lazy to do it right now. Not that my opinion matters XD Haha

But yeah. HMM I'll have a post up laterrrr. I was going to wait for Slip to post, buuuut I'm impatient. As per usual.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing