COR: The Dark Ages IC----Land of the Wolves

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:05 pm

-Sahana Passenger Cabin, First Class: “Pirates Ahoy”-

Alimbur gave the stewardess an innocent look and shrugged. She hadn’t done anything wrong, not the thing in the world, and if the gentlemen with the magickal cane didn’t have a problem there simply wasn’t one. The man answered her question bluntly, not that it did anything to deter her from questioning the man further. As a seasoned reporter much worse had been thrown her way. This was nothing. Before she could pick up the conversation the man rose and grumbled about something he had seen out the window. Just the mention of the word was both fascinating and frightening. “Pirates!?” She exclaimed, incredulous. “Let me see.” The reporter instinctively reached for her camera as she pressed up to the window, ready to get a look for herself. There is was, a crimson red airship with a wooden gondola built to look like a real sailing ship. *snap* The camera went off again catching the airship in all it’s menacing presence. “Well Mort be damned.” She swore.

Alimbur didn’t know much about airship travel, but pirates were pirates and they were a grave threat no matter which way you sliced it. She wasn’t worried though. In fact she could see it all now, “Brave Airship Crew Battles Vicious Pirates,” and here she was to capture all the action as it happened. There was a glimmer in her eye as she thought about it. “Since when do pirates need a reason to be outside, much less anywhere?” She griped, coming out of it. “Anyway we can continue our conversation later. As you have so pointed out we have more pressing matters to deal with.” With a tip of the hat to both Land and the Stewardess Alimbur excused herself and walked deeper into the first class cabin towards the commotion between the engineer and a Mr. Leon… something, if she had heard correctly.

“Sorry to interrupt but do you think you can help me with something?” She was looking straight at Nitori ignoring the merchant for the moment. “You’re an engineer right? Good with machines? I’ve got one that’s a little temperamental if you will and could use a little care before the pirates decide to take us for everything we have.” Despite the request the look in Alimbur’s eye was not one of needing help, even if it would be appreciated, but one of giving it. The reporter had only caught bits and pieces of the conversation but it sounded like the little engineer needed it. It would be better for her anyway if she got the girl’s ear first. She was new to Meka and would need contacts and informants. She wasn’t going to lose this one to some gun toting merchant, not yet. “Follow me if you’re feeling up to it.” Alimbur waved for the girl to follow as she turned around and began making her way out.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Zako » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:52 pm

-Nitori Hydrelend: What's this I don't even...-

"I uh...huh? I suppose..." Nitori began after hearing this Leon Borren person explain himself. A merchant armed with a revolver, waving in her face like it was a harmless toy plus a slightly growing apprehension in her as the airship outside the window seemed to be unusually close for comfort. And there was this other person in the passenger cabin who was making a show out of herself...a press person by the looks of it. She came in and Nitori could sense that she was very, very nosy. Then this reporter woman looks at her and begins to speak to her like they were friends. Who on earth are these people?

"Huh?" Was her reaction to the reporter lady's initial statement. Fix something? For the love of...she was on a business trip for something else. These people are creeping her out badly. All more so to begin evasive maneuvers but Nitori realized that she did not need to since the lady was already moving away. Turning back to Leon, Nitori was still apprehensive about the gun in his hand but something in her brain said her luck might change faster if she were to see whats his deal was for a bit.

"If I were to...you know in the all unlikelihood, join your little enterprise...what could I expect? I don't take offers without reading the fine print you know."
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Where you DONT know...
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Acktoo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:43 pm

[Radia Stelan Evanres, somewhere beneath the Sahana’s cargo hold]

Maybe this wasn’t necessarily the best way to ‘catch’ a ride on an airship to Meka, but it was not like Radia could afford a proper ticket, anyway. Not even an economy-class one. The young man would easily have preferred stowing away in the Sahana’s cargo hold, all cozy-like, but he was a little late to the ship’s launch and had to improvise. So now here he was, dangling from his grapple, which was attached to the airship’s cargo hold, with Mek a small blip on the horizon.

Noting that the ship would land in roughly thirty minutes, Radia unhooked himself from the ship, causing him to freefall for a moment. He then shot his grapple out towards the underside of the cargo hold once more, though this time his target was that of the hold’s door. The hooked end of the grapple hit home, making a noticeable sound, and subsequently pulled it’s shooter towards the site of impact until Radia was within arm’s reach of the door. After a bit of fiddling, the door was worked open by the stowaway, and he then hastily entered the cargo hold after unhooking his line (completely unaware of the menacing smaller airship), only to trip and fall face first over some guy in a blanket- another stowaway. Breaking his fall with his arms, Radia rolled over sideways and landed on his rear.

“Man,” Radia complained, standing and rubbing his sore part. He then looked at the other man. He must have been pretty poor to have to stowaway, a pain to which Radia was recently introduced. He wondered for a moment if he would be successful in sneaking his way into the passenger area of the Sahana, where he would be more comfortable, but he shook his head almost immediately, dismissing the idea.

At any rate, Radia was not particularly thrilled about sharing a drafty third-rate ‘cabin’ with some poor guy.
Too good for you.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Between Planes
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby sam4books » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 pm

----Control Room----
_A few minutes ago_

“Well?”

Dav shook his head, “I’m sorry captain.”
“What in Khron’s stomach are you sorry about?!”
“Your ship, captain…” Dav could not bring himself to look at the captain, he knew how much the captain cared about the ”Sohana”. “We only have five minutes two surrender.” Dav’s stomach churned as he watched Fritz’s eyes widened with realization.

“Diana help us…”

He wasn’t going to surrender his ship that easily.

----Passenger Cabin----

Lydia gave a nervous shrug, looking at the airship out of the corner of her eye. “We don’t have any plans sir, only precautions for emergency situations. Although, sir, we can climb up to the lower corridors using the emergency ladder in the back, that’s where the crew’s quarters, the electric room, and the cargo bay is. We have a plane in the cargo bay area. It belongs to the captain who used to pilot before he was placed in charge of the ’Sohana’. It has weaponry on it so maybe someone can pilot it?”she said the last bit with uncertainty, frightened and nervous, she knew it sounded silly. “I’m sorry sir, I’m only a stewardess. The only other thing I can suggest is either to surrender or escape using one of our parachutes.” She gave him an apologetic bow and continued her way down the aisle, looking for the lady who ordered the tea. Instead she found a note. Taking it and reading it, her eyes widened. “That Gypsy woman!” she turned to face the passengers, sounding worried. “She’s up on the observation deck!”

----Observation Deck----

The wind whipped at Kharrighan with great force, threatening to blow her off the airship if she wasn’t too careful. She may not have known it, but she wasn’t the only one on top of the observation deck. The other person watched her from behind the edge of the deck’s railings, clinging on to it with one hand using a grappling hook. He did not make a sound as he reached for his pistol with the other hand, aiming it in the Gypsy’s direction. He was dressed in desert wrappings that covered his entire body, even his face. Covering his eyes was a pair of red tinted goggles, and on his back was what seemed like a glider, which was currently tied down with a piece of rope. He waited for the perfect moment, before pulling the trigger, the bullet heading straight for the woman’s legs.

----Axial Corridor----

“Alright, that’s everyone on this level” said a man with a rope in hand. He had a lit pipe in his mouth which he occasionally pulled out to let out a large cloud of smoke. The right side of his body was badly burnt, and in some parts was covered heavily by bandages. In front of him sat a band of tied up crewmen in a row, many of them not daring to look at each other, but instead glared angrily at the pirate. One of them happened to be the stowaway. “Shouldn’t be long now until Dust gives us the signal. Hopefully Watts already reached the Electric Room.” he said, letting out a puff of smoke. The stowaway struggled against his bonds, attempting to say something to the pirate. “Got something to say?” the man with the pipe asked. “Worried about yer captain?” The stowaway struggled some more, his eyes fixed on the pirate with a fiery rage. “Well I got news for you…” the pirate walked up to the stowaway, leaning in close so that they were face to face. “No one on this ship ain’t gonna survive once we’re done.” He let out another puff of smoke, right into the stowaway’s face, causing his eyes to burn and water from the soot. He felt the need to cough into the pirates face, but just couldn’t.

A cough was heard, coming from near the bonded crewmen, from behind the pirate smoking the pipe. It came from a man wearing a gas mask, the visage was tainted a bloody red. He pointed to the communication tube he was standing next to, and then to the hydrogen gas tanks next to him, then his grenade launcher. The pirate nodded, “Yes, yes, Zoot. You can wait until the signal to have your fun.” The one called “Zoot” gave another cough.

----Control Room----
_Present time_

“Answer me! Is anybody up there?”
Dav watched from the ship’s rudder wheel as Fritz yelled into the communication tube for someone from the axial corridor. “You’ve been doing that for five minutes. Face it, there’s no one up there.”
Fritz glared at him, “What could have happened to them?” Dav shrugged, “Perhaps they’re still sleeping in the crew’s quarters.” “This is serious, something terrible could have happened. I’m not about to let my crew down. Stay here and man the controls, I’m going up.” Dav watched his captain as he climbed the ladder that lead to the lower corridors. Was he crazy? Dav couldn’t possibly handle all of these controls! As the captain disappeared into the lower corridors, a new message came unto the telegraph. This time, Dav would not be able to decipher it since he was so busy, but he had a feeling he wouldn’t need to.


Code: Select all
 - .. -- . .----. ... / ..- .--. .-.-.-

“TIME’S UP.”


----Passenger’s Cabin----

Lawrence heaved a sigh when the Orr-kin finally got up. He thought he was never going to be able to breathe freely. But his breath was short lived when, suddenly, the lights of the passenger cabin flickered out. “What the-” One glance out the window silenced him, for right before his eyes was a grappling hook, heading his way at high speeds. Desperate, the man heaved his body out of his seat and down on the ground, shouting “GET DOWN!” as he did so as a warning to the rest of the passengers. A crash was heard and the windows shattered, allowing a large gust of wind to overtake the passenger cabin. A couple of more hooks crashed their way into the cabin, clinging themselves onto the edges of its windows. Any brave enough to sneak a peek would see a number of pirates heading their way, clinging to the ropes that were connected to the hooks. Some pirates happened to have knives between their teeth, some had big guns that they most likely stoled, while others had heavy, blunt objects, and some had nothing at all but the nasty sneer on their faces. A number of the pirates wore red-tinted goggles. One pirate managed to reach the passenger cabin, kicking his way through the window, and into economy class. He took out what looked like a scimitar and used it to take hold of the stewardess, holding it threateningly close to Lydia’s neck. As other pirates reached the cabin, he began shouting orders. “Alrigh’ take them hostage!” He next addressed the passengers. “This here’s a siege, and since yer captain failed to declare a surrender, yer money an’ yer belongings now belong to us. Don’t try an’ resist an’ we’ll go easy on ye.” As he said this the pirates themselves surrounded the passengers, some of them already taking hold of innocents, robbing them of their personal belongings. Others outright attacked them. Lawrence swung his briefcase at a pirate dangerously close to him, yelling at the others that they needed to find a way out. As it all happened what seemed to be the leader of the hijacking steered the stewardess away from the action, whispering hoarsely in her ear. “Alrigh’ lass, so where’s the captain?”

========================================================================

(OCC: Alright folks, in case you can’t take the hint, you should totally find that hidden ladder *coughitsinthebackcough*. The only light source you would have in the passenger cabin at this moment is the sunPyr, when you travel up the airship you will find that everything will be mildly dark which is the entire point. People in the cargo bay: you would have notice something’s wrong since you would take notice that the engines providing electricity have been shut off, or would just notice the sudden darkness. Also, the guy in charge of the siege is not the pirate captain, he’s just a mook like everyone else except for those with names, mainly because I’m a mean person. So don’t go thinking he’s the captain, ‘kay?)
Image
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14189
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Eating Fried Squirrels-They are delicious
Gender: Female

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby mute_soul » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:54 am

=Mykhailo Caspari=
-----Hell yeah, I feel a fight comin' on!-----

Mykhailo handn't been paying much attention to the goings-on outside, but instead had been focused on scarfing down his food. He didn't know better, for he was always in a bit of a rush. However, when Landgrave made note of the airship paralleling their own, Mykhailo nearly choked on the bacon that he was shoveling into his mouth. What did these land-crawlers know, anyways? Pirates?! He angled his body towards the window, peering outside. Sure enough, there was a red air ship with the same sybolism denoting their allegiance as they would have had if it were a normal ship. Mykhailo hopped out of his seat, nearly but not quite toppling his almost-empty plate of food. As any good sailor would, he still had all of his weapons about him. He grabbed his coat and slid it on, taking off down the hall. He had to alert Alek, and that other man that had gone to the lavatory.

He reached the lavatory in record time, throwing open the door. Without hesitation, he hollered, "Aleksandr, y' in here?"

"Yes," came the shaky reply, "I'm still in here. What, is Twitch gone all ready?"

Twitch was his robotic attendant, approximately the size of an average human, used to run errands and such. Said robot stood solemnly against the wall, and looked up at the sound of his master's voice uttering his name.

"No, th' thing's still here," Mykhailo grumbled. He wasn't too fond of this technological crap, especially robots-- there was just something so wrong about machines that were as smart as (or smarter than) humans. "But Alek, we've got bigger problems. We're 'bout t' get boarded by pirates, so y' better finish up whatever yer doin' an' get outta that stall."

Alek stumbled out of the stall, pale as death and trembling from his most recent bouts of sickness. Myka winced at the sight of his friend being in such a state, but his attention was diverted as the lavatory suddenly fell dark. Urgently, Mykhailo said, "Alright, time t' go. Come on, everyone out."

"Twitch," Alek summoned abruptly, jogging past Myka into the hall. The robot followed. The windows of the airship were shattered by grappling hooks as numerous pirates made their way in. Mykhailo, the thrill of excitement pulsing through his veins, commanded his friend to, "Get outta th' passenger cabin and find yer way outta here, okay? I'll see what I can do t' hold them off."

"Myka, I don't have my suitcase," Alek complained, ducking through a doorway as Myka drew his sword, gunning for a fight, a smirk upon his lips. Some of the quicker passengers brushed past him as they headed towards the back of the airship, nearly sweeping Aleksandr and his robot up along with them. Myka glowered back at them in disbelief, obviously displeased.

"What?"

========================================================================

OOC: Hey guys, just a heads up. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out today, and so I probably won't be on too often in the days following. =_= Just so you know.
Last edited by mute_soul on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<If I had an awesome quote, it'd go right here.>>
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: *looks around* That's a great question... I have no idea!
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Redsnow » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 am

+Latouir Banzif - Cargo Hold+

Latoiur was idly wiping the crumbs, survivors of his meager meal, off the lapels of his vest when he thought he heard something reminiscent of a metallic cry of thunder, and suddenly felt a chill, as if a cloud had suddenly blocked out the sun. He looked up from the notebook he had been writing on in between bites, but had little time to utter a word as he felt the air being knocked out of him. For a brief moment before his face hit the ground with a sickening crunch, he wondered if he had fallen asleep, but the sudden pain and blackness confirmed otherwise. He groaned, clutching his face and mangled glasses as he tried to sit up, but he snapped his eyes open when he realized what the greater danger was.

"No!" he shouted, but too late. Stiltzkin's need to defend its master had activated, and it raised its top right arm and had spread its fingers wide. The hole in its palm made a sudden scorching noise as electricity arced across it. Latoiur only had a second to jump away from underneath Stiltzkin and scramble while shouting for Stiltzkin to stop as a jet of orange flame leaped from Stiltzkin's palm, aiming to incinerate the perpetrator.

Latoiur could only watch in wide-eyed horror as the flame, as if in slow-motion, arced away from Stiltzkin's palm and upon a large crate, which immediately caught fire, next to the engine room door. The hulking machine was not very good at aiming, having only one eye, and it began to move the flames from the crate to another crate, making its way towards its master's enemy.

Neither Latoiur, who was shouting for the robot to stop or power down, nor the robot itself noticed the red band that had marked all the crates now on fire.
Last edited by Redsnow on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 am
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Musicmac » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:50 am

[]-----Russel + Summers-----[]

As the flames from the robot began creeping up to the metal body of the fuel tankards like a snake constricting itself around a metal beast, a large sheet of blue material produced itself from the metal floor and shot itself over the flames, putting it out immediately and encasing the now safe fuel tankards with frost. A man walked up to the fuel tankard and took caution of whether the robot was still spitting out fire from its palms. Upon spotting the machine, he quickly took out a water bottle from a rucksack on his back and spilled out its contents with a throw.

In midair, the man made swift and graceful hand movements that were aimed at the water in the air. The water suddenly gathered into a large ball of water and shot itself against the fires from the flamethrowing robot, causing a large amount of steam to be produced before the flames were finally put out. The man coughed a little before running up to the Ork.

As he approached, the man seemed to be clad in robes of brilliant color accompanied by a large spear on his back with its large cockscrew-shaped blade pointing towards the ceiling and dangerously closed to the point of making a large scratch.

"Hey...Phew!", the man stopped, took a breath of air and continued, "Tell the robot to simmer down, will you? Do you know what just happened here?"
Listen.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Malaysia
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Slipslash » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 pm

<Landgrave B. Slater: What to do?>

"No matter, we'll have to resort to other things then. . ."

As far as Land could tell, they would all quickly be overwhelmed if they didn't move soon enough. Land was to focused on deciding what to to hear the plan everyone else was following. It seemed everyone was trying to head to the back of the ship. Land, being a kine follower of a path less traveled, decided to follow the young woman who had gone onto the observation deck not but a moment ago. He'd be able to do some damage to the ship with Gramm-ar, it was just a matter of whether or not Land wanted the bullet to go straight through the ship, or to explode on its surface and disorient its crew.



It'd be better to use QM, now that he thought about it. The round would be able to go through the ship. He'd save EP for anyone that got near to them. Land quickly tilted his head downwards and walked quietly away from the passenger hold, to the observation deck.


And not a moment too soon it seemed. As Land was exiting the hold he saw both the woman and someone who seemed to be aiming a gun at her. Without thinking Land quickly aimed his "cane" at the assailant, the round part floating just a few inches from the stick part. It was EP cannon, Land didn't know he'd be using it so quickly, but he'd have to or she'd be hurt.


As Land pressed for the attack a shot rang out. The sound of the pistol the man had fired as well as the wind itself, would have been drowned out in the horrendously loud bang of the EP cannon.


"Cover your ears!" Land shouted at the woman as he fired. The EP round flew straight over her shoulder, towards the man. The round of the bullet didn't need to hit the pistol's bullet to alter its flight path. The cannon-sized ball, was large and extremely loud, these in combination may have done any number of things to the small bullet the man had fired from his pistol.


The round, meanwhile, continued unabated, straight towards the deck just below the man's face. It hit the ground a few feet away from him, and otherwise would have normally gone unnoticed and caused no damage. But as soon as the bullet hit the deck the air was quiet for a second. As if suddenly the sound of the wind in the air had been turned off. The round, a non-discrepant black ball, stayed in place. Everyone on the deck would have noticed the lack in sound, if only for a few seconds.


Suddenly the sound exploded. And by that, a 200+ decibel explosion of sound irrupted from the black ball. Everyone, on both ships would have heard the massive explosion. Windows cracked, ears popped, but out of all this, the one who would have possible had it worse, would be the man nearest the shot. Of course, with this, was the fact that Land might possibly be noticed sooner then he had thought. Such came when firing such a very, very, very loud device.
Last edited by Slipslash on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4540
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:38 pm
Location: In the city closest to Heaven
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby soraos21 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:03 pm

-Sora'oso Enta'rion: What the HELL was that?!-

Taking notice that the stewardess might be killed by this... what was the word the Man-kin used? Pirate? Either way, the man was a threat that needed to be stopped. Placing his walking stick on the ground, Sora'oso readied himself for a charge and thought of the best way to attack without harming the stewardess.

"You shouldn't have done that. Code of Honor clearly states that you should NEVER harm women or children. Those who do suffer the penalty of death." Reaching into his trenchcoat, he pulled out a small bag of sand and poured some of it into his hand, then closed and replaced the bag. Seeing the look of "What the hell?" on the Man-kin's face, he began to shift the sands in his hand until they formed a ball. Just as he was about to compress the ball and send it at the Man-kin's eyes to blind him, a loud bang was heard from the top of the ship, thus breaking his concentration slightly and causing the ball to lose it's form.

What the HELL was that?! he thought as he quickly collected the spilt sand and reformed the ball.
Last edited by soraos21 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Lost in his own mind...
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Cheesemore » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:45 am

-Jeggred Nalaar- ~Bathroom to Axial Corridor~

Jeggred's attention snapped towards the door as it flew open, and the man that entered. It was the same strange man that had warned him about his friend in the bathroom. The man didn't seem to notice Jeggred, but that was fine, he still heard everything he mentioned to his friend. 'Priates, eh? So that's why this ticket was so cheap.' he thought as he watched them both run out of the bathroom with their robot, Jeggred didn't follow them out however. Instead he stood behind the door he was leaving slightly ajar, to see what was going on in the passenger cabin.

One of the more daring Pirates had taken the stewardess hostage, and the Ork in economy class was starting to do battle with him. 'Good, keep him distracted.' he thought as he focused on the pirate. Jeggred began to search his mind for anything related to 'Where are the others in his crew.' He quickly found out most of them. 'Climbing up to cabin, Obseration deck, and Axial Corridor. Got it.' he thought. After a brief time thinking he decided he'd go visit the two in the Axial Corridor. 'Now then, where is the Axial Corridor?' he thought as he read the stewardess's mind. Obviously she'd know where every place on this airship was, and she knew how to get there from here. 'Perfect, off I go to protect my assessts.' he thought as he quickly exited the bathroom and ran towards the ladder, and quickly moved up it. The pirates would most likely be preoccupied with most of the passengers to realized he ran.

This airship really was quite amazing. The passenger area was large enough but the rest of the airship dwarfed that by a long shot. There were so many twists and turns to this behemoth that without a map you could wander these for hours and still never find your way out. Jeggred didn't need a map for the rest of the area, he only wanted to know the way towards the pirates and the corridoor. During his trip he managed to hear quite a loud noise. Though deep into the airships innerds didn't seem to phase him that much. 'Looks like the other passengers are having a lot of fun to.' he thought as he quickly pulled out his revolver and armed it. Jeggred figured it was a good time, with the loud noise and most likely everyone's hearing taken care of for a second, and he continued on his way. After a little while, but he finally got close enough to hear someone talking. 'I hear one, I hope the other doesn't see me first.' he thought as he slowly climbed his way up to the Axial corridoor. He poked his head out slightly, not wanting to draw full attention to himself, and started to observe them.

Sure enough there were only two, one with noticable burns, another wearing a gas mask, and appeared to be tainted red. 'Not a normal color to say the least, looks like his vision might be affected a bit.' Jeggred kept his distance, silently, just observing them for now. It was hard to do much else with a lack of light, but he was waiting for the perfect chance. He had one arm in his coat, with his hand on the handle of his Revolver, lying in wait.
Last edited by Cheesemore on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Akaine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 am

Kharrighan Loreley: Observation deck

Giving a smile, that was more of a gift to herself than anything else, as the wind gushed around her, she felt something change as she held onto the railing. She wasn't alone. She looked from side to side without moving her head, and then she felt the deck's floor shake slightly, from footsteps, and turned around to see two people that weren't there two seconds ago. Fingers reached for the purple conch shell necklace that she wore, and she closed her eyes for a second before taking in a deep breath as she whipped her hands with the wind in synchrony, preparing to gather the wind and ask for it's assistance. Raising her eyebrows in surprise, she heard the man yell for her to cover her ears, and she obeyed, moving closer to the ship at the same time. She didn't want to get in the way, since there was no way that this could be resolved talking, obviously.

She looked around at the deck for the time that it was silent and frowned slightly, as if worried that things would stay this way for a while. Then, the explosion. She squeaked in surprise, jumping a little and she released her ears as the sound died away to grab onto the railing. 'What should I do?' she thought.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14412
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 10:31 am
Location: under your bed
Gender: Female

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Kemious » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:13 am

San'kau

=When things go awry, do the smartest thing and run like hell=

As he made his way towards the first class cabins it was beyond obvious that his appearance would instantly arouse suspicion from the 'prim and proper' socialites that he expected in the first class cabin. Though the close quarters were much more convenient to bump into someone accidentally and pick up a loose wallet or something. The class separation and enclosed space made it far too easy to pick him up should something go missing. Pick-pocketing was out of the question, despite the feeling that he needed to brush up on such skills. No, instant cash gratification was out. Instead he would have to manage with simply scouting potential victims.

As he entered the first class cabins the lights flickered violently before turning off. He was at first surprised at the sudden development, fearful that the huge flying machine would go spiraling down below. However it never happened the hum of the gigantic engine powering it continued and his mind instantly switched to how to best take advantage of the situation. That was up until he heard shattered glass erupt from ahead as he entered the cabin. Perceiving the sound as a warning that something unpleasant was occurring upfront. San'kau took the opportunity to back track deeming a it disadvantageous to enter any kinda fight the socialites were having amongst themselves. As more glass exploded behind him and people flew into the room behind him, he instinctively dove and hid amongst the chairs.

His first though was a hit from a past acquaintance they every once in a while turned up and stuff like this would happen. Digging into his pocket he fingered the hidden blades that laid in the hidden seems of his jacket. He would not be so easy to take down. It became apparent rather quickly that this was not a hunt for him, but rather a hijacking. Relaxing a bit, he almost laughed in at the irony of him being robbed. He money he had on his person at the moment was insignificant, he'd let them get away with the sum and for now and avoid any real confrontation. They out numbered him and he really wasn't suited towards fighting in such a dangerous area.

As he let them them relive him of his material goods, one attempted to remove his collar. The actual collar while fairly valuable was nothing to fight about. However the stone that rested on it was. The alexandrite was not something he could afford to lose.

Salvation came as came as a loud explosion echoed through the ship from a little head, knocking him off his feet and causing his ear drums to ring. "What the hell was that?" His own words sounded off as he stood. Realizing that now was not the time to stand amazed at the occurrence, San'kau quickly took initiative and delivered a brutal kick to those nearby him still trying to recover. Taking the belongings that he had handed over and a few more, he moved swiftly towards the back. This was definitely not what he expected
The Dinobots can combine! What they combine to is death!

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/d/d2/The_B ... 2_full.jpg
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:49 am
Location: Type-Moon Universe
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 am

{Leon Borren}

_Passengers Cabin_ Just before the Loud Noise_ The way he is

" Maybe Fives chimms and five pennies per hour and 15% of the profits. Through I am willingly to go higher if I like what I see and maybe offer more. " Leon remarked as Nitori asked what she would get if she were to accept his offer. " Well discuss more on Mek. Maybe over at a bar or a cup of tea. " He said " You may act shy, but you possess the heart of a lion." He chuckled to himself.

As the lights flicked and the pirates made their moves. Leon acted and followed the loud voice's advice of getting down. Through the aftermath of the shattering glass and the hooks only showed that the strangest of all the passengers was Leon as he clapped while still holding his gun. He was in awe of their performance despite the dangers. Now for what Leon could gather on the situation, they were demanding money and jewelry, just as he had expected from this pirates while taking one of the nice looking stewardess as hostage.

Leon put his gun away, back into his holster and took his holster as he slowly stood up. He then, placed the holster with the two gun on the floor of the Sohana. " Hey, I think, I would make a better hostage than her. Plus, I'm psychic, and rich, a twofer, I must say." Leon bargained with the pirate with the hostage all the while having his hands up in the air. " Yeah, come on, why take a nobody and whose unwilling to help you. When there is a somebody and is willing to do as you demand."
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:10 pm
Location: Orbiting around a planet in a giant robot's head.
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Zako » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 pm

-Nitori Hydrelend- First Class Cabin: Oh shiiiitttt pirates we all gonna die...-

"20 percent minimum. I bust my butt and I got debts to pay off." She countered.

That's when things went out of control. Within seconds the passenger cabin was perforated with holes made by boarding hooks with pirates swarming in. Greedy bastard they were as they started harassing people to part with their belongings. Then something exploded and her ears rang like high pitched bells. Clapping both hands on her now sore ears Nitori watched as Leon moved away from her with his hand held up high. Apparently he was trying to bargain with the pirates. Well two can play that game.

"Hey! Do you need an engineer? I'm a good one and I can fix your equipment. Looks like that gun of yours needs a fix up..." she said to the same pirate. She watched in amusement as the pirate became confused as he dealt with two people willing to surrender...
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Where you DONT know...
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Acktoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:29 pm

[Radia Stelan Evanres, now actually *in* the Sohana's cargo hold]

"Are you insane!?" Radia shouted, diving towards cover from the robot's attack. The fiery threat was short lived, however, due to convenient waterworks summoned up by some guy in fancy robes with a spear so large that it was an obvious compensation. Getting back on his feet, the young Sophyian then continued his tirade.

"You-," Radia started. It was about then when the cargo hold was enveloped with darkness, causing the annoyed stowaway to silence his speech. Looking around pointlessly, Radia let out a huff of frustration. Now what? He wasn't about to offer to pal up with the psycho robot, its owner, and the 'small' man to get out of the blackness.
Too good for you.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13104
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:54 pm
Location: Between Planes
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Redsnow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:34 pm

+Latoiur Banzif = Cargo Hold+

Latoiur didn't answer either one of his fellow stowaways - where in the In-Between had they come from, anyway? He was too busy trying to calm Stiltzkin down.

"Down Bullethead," he said softly to the large hunk of metal. "I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine."

The robot, seeming to mull this over, finally "sat", its large upper arms supporting it like pillars. Stiltzkin's actions were confusing to Latoiur, who had never seen the robot defy an order, ever. At the same time, he knew that Stiltzkin's models were, in fact, built as bodyguards as well as laborers in Meka, so the defense of its master must have superseded all commands for a short while. Latoiur had never been "attacked" before since he had received the robot, and figured that there must have been some sort of kill code - he would have to look into that once he arrived in Meka.

When he was finally convinced that the robot would not act up again, he stood and looked at the others in the darkened cargo bay. He could tell one was a one of the gypsy faith, having seen the obvious and banned magick used, and was possibly poorly educated as such, as well. The other...well he didn't quite know what to make of the sputtering, garishly-jeweled man who had crashed into him, without apology.

However, social mores dictated that he at least thank the man who had righted his robot's wrong. Clearing his throat, he said, softly and without meeting the tall barbarian's eyes, he said, softly, "Th-thank you for y-your help. W-we would have been in much trouble if your ma-magick had not been present."

And he turned his head towards the other man and said, "A-and y-you have n-no right t-to blame m-me or my ro-b-bot." His stutter got worse as his emotions welled up inside him. "I-if you h-hadn't u-used me as a l-landing pad, S-Stiltzk-k-in would n-not h-have r-reacted th-th-that way. I-it th-thought y-you were trying t-to attack me."
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 am
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:32 pm

-Passenger Cabin, First Class: “Escape!”-

Alimbur made it but a few steps before stopping again, having noticed that the young engineer hadn’t moved at all. “If you’re not going to come, fine.” She turned again to face her, looking displeased. “Next time…” Just then the lights went out. “What in the…” All was silent for a second, the only light in the cabin was Pyr, shining outside the window. Alimbur looked around moment, her eyes darted all around the cabin searching for anything that might give her a clue to what was going on. In an instant the silence was shattered.

“GET DOWN!”

Someone shouted. Alimbur didn’t need to be told twice. She threw herself to the ground just as the grappling hooks came crashing through the windows. A gust of wind came roaring through the cabin, glass shattered, shouts of terror, and yells and whoops of boarding pirates filled the air. It was pure chaos, pandemonium, and Alimbur was missing every precious second of it.

“Ugh.” Alimbur grunted as she rose to her feet once more. Pirates filled the isles, some were talking valuables and valuable hostages, while others were simply taking blood. For a moment the reporter hesitated, her mind flashing back to tat fateful day at the Ruins of Arn. Xephamor special forces stormed the ruin murdering and torching everything in their path. This wasn’t much different save for that, this time, she was in the middle of it all. When she returned to the present time, Alimbur acted, if only on sheer panic and adrenaline. Her had hovered over the pocket of her blazer momentarily and retrieved both a pencil, sharp and unused, and her camera. With one hand and a generous telekinetic burst, Alimbur sent the pencil flying like a dart towards the neck of the pirate harassing the engineer and the merchant while they were stupidly surrendering. With the other she snapped of photo of the chaos, the captured hostess and her assailant featured prominently. Not missing a beat the food trolley still visible further down economy lifted off the ground and with another even more generous telekinetic burst was sent careening back down the center isle towards first class, and the man holding the poor hostess hostage. Maybe it would take him out, maybe it wouldn’t. At least it would clear the isles, and maybe take a few pirates with it. It was all she could ask for at the moment.

“MOVE!” She shouted, betraying her own panic and desperation. “Clear the isles and get out!” Following her own advice Alimbur moved but she didn’t get far. An immense explosion rocked the cabin, the remaining windows shattered to pieces, and the reporter was struck deaf as she fell to her knees, clutched her ears, and dropped her camera. It landed maybe a few feet away, but worn and deaf every inch seemed like an eternity.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby sam4books » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:47 pm

----Passenger’s Cabin----

The hijacker chuckled at the wealthy merchant bargaining his own life for a worthless stewardess. He couldn’t believe how easy this siege had become. He had thought that some of the passengers would at least give the slightest of a fight. Instead, the passengers were giving up their precious belongings like the dogs they were. It was amusing to say the least. “Hear that lass, looks like ya lucked up. This fella just freed ya from confinement and torture.” Lydia stared at Leon with a shocked look in her eyes, what did this man think he was doing? She tried telling him to forget about her, and let her suffer being a hostage to a vile man of the air, but the pirate silenced her, grinning at the man of wealth. “Is that right lad?” He rolled the thought over in his mind. Indeed this man seemed like a man of wealth and taste. Plus, a psychic would be particularly useful in finding the captain. With his help, they could get the information they needed out of him and burn down the ship before it reached port, making it look like some sort of freak accident, and returning to the Crimson Skull before the ship brings them down with it. He nodded at the man and said, “Very well, she’s free to go”, throwing the stewardess to the side like she was some sort of doll. “But any funny business, and ye will wish that ye didn’t give yerself up so easily” he sneered, grabbing hold of Leon’s shoulder with one hand and brandishing his sword with the other.

"Hey! Do you need an engineer? I'm a good one and I can fix your equipment. Looks like that gun of yours needs a fix up..."

“Eh?” questioned the pirate, looking at the engineer with confusion. Confusion then turned into suspicious anger, “My gun is just fi-!” There was a sharp pain at the back of his neck. He let go of Leon for a moment to reach for his scalp, feeling for the painful object. He was shocked to learn that it was merely a pencil that penetrated him. Anger returning once again, he turned around searching blindly for the guilty culprit, “ALRIGH’ WHO’S THE WISE GUY?” “Uh…Skarn?” squeaked a nearby pirate, apparently finished harassing one of the passengers. “WHAT?” Skarn replied loudly, turning to glare at the pirate foolish enough to bother him. He did not see the runaway trolley coming. It managed to knock the man off his feet enough for him to fall backwards, the trolley land right on top of him, not too many inches from where Lawrence laid cowering. The pirates that stood before him had either managed to escape the trolley or got knocked over themselves. One unlucky pirate actually tumbled outside the window, falling to his death in the process. A mess of that morning’s breakfast covered the floor of the Sohana, tea, eggs, sausages. The stewardess looked at the mess with one thought on her mind, ’I sure hope the captain doesn’t make me clean that up’. Adhering to the journalist’s advice, the stewardess quickly got up, heading for the back of the cabin when a massive explosion filled the air, causing her to fall over herself again, covering her ears in an effort to block out the sound, screaming as the windows around her shattered.

After the deafening explosion’s aftermath, the stewardess got up gradually but still a bit shaken. Spotting the journalist’s camera on the floor, she bent down to pick it up only to have another pirate grab her from behind. “You ain’t going anywhere” he said as another pirate snuck up behind Alimbur and grabbed her also. “What do ya say we do with them?” asked the pirate with Alimbur. “I say we kill them both” said the pirate with the stewardess, raising a gun to her head.

----Observation Deck----

“ARRRRGGGGH!” screamed the pirate, his voiced muffled by the cloth that covered his face. He brought his hands up to where his ears would have been in effort to block out the horrid sound erupting from the stranger’s weapon. Usually he was as silent as a giraffe, but this made things different.

The sheer force of the wave of sound caused him to let go of the railings, flinging him backwards dangerously. For a moment, it seemed like the pirate would soon fall too his death, but surprisingly enough he seemed able to control the power of the wind, catching himself with a small gust of wind. Once again his hand was clung to the railing, his sights now set on the newest victim. Breathing heavily, he reached one hand up to fix his goggles, only to learn that the sound wave has shattered his goggles just as it had shattered his chances of a flawless catch. He growled, those were his favorite goggles too. Climbing up on top of the railing, he leaped at the man who ruined his capture of a perfect treasure in a quick and precise manner, using the wind to guide him.

He figured that projectiles wouldn’t work well in this situation, something he was okay with. He very much preferred the usage of blades to firearms anyways. Unsheathing twin knives with crescent shaped blades, he aimed high, wishing to scar the man’s face, in hopes to gain an eye for an eye. The other blade began its attempt to disarm the fellow.

On the bright side, he now had two for the price of one.

----Axial Corridor----

The two pirates guarding the hostages did not take notice of Jeggred, much too busy emptying the pockets of their captives. The stowaway on the other hand took notice of him almost immediately, despite the darkness that enveloped the corridors. For one thing it was not hard to sense the life force of an extra man. ’What’s he…or she…doing here?’ he wondered, still not able to determine whether it was a man or a woman. The new person was either crazy or incredibly brave, maybe even both. Well, as long as it meant freedom, the stowaway could not care less what the new person did.

“What are you lookin’ at?” asked the burnt man sharply; noticing that one of his captives was staring blankly off in a direction. His colleagues stared at him questionably, possibly wondering the same thing. ”Oh, nothing interesting” he replied, looking away from the spot where he knew the newcomer was, staring at the pirate with a relentless gaze. The pirate narrowed his eyes in suspicion. But instead of acting on it he gave his accomplice a shrug, continuing to gather his riches. Once again, he stole a look at the person hiding in the darkness, as if to say, ”I hope you know what you’re doing”. He then preceded an attempt to untangle his bonds, taking time to glance up at the pirates every now and then.

----Cargo Hold----

The Cargo Hold remained dark and quiet, but the three stowaways would take notice of what seemed to be blue lightning coming from the hallway, filling the Cargo Hold with a blue light every few minutes or so. There was someone snooping around the Lower Corridors.
Image
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14189
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm
Location: Eating Fried Squirrels-They are delicious
Gender: Female

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Slipslash » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:13 am

<Landgrave B. Slater: Oh dear>




Land frowned when it was apparent the sound had done nothing more then annoy the man. Usually when someone was hit with such a loud noise within such close proximity their ear-drums blew out and they fainted (due to the pain). Normally Land would have blamed the wind, or the high altitude, but he'd made sure to circumvent such obstacles by shooting the EP cannon as close to the man's face as possible.


"Oh well. . .no need to fret about such small benign circumstances, it must be fate that the great writer in the sky chose such a reaction."
Land thought as he prepared for the man's response.



considering land was farther away from the thug as the young lady was, Lady really didn't have to do much to prepare for the fellows assault. He saw it coming from a good distance away (as if he'd use the EP cannon while standing within reaching distance?) so the pirate would have to do some charging to get at Land, and thus with some distance between them Land would be able to quickly judge what move to use next. It's not like he hadn't read all those close-quarters fighting books for just any reason. This was it.

Land pirouetted, and at the end of his move he thrust QM towards the fellow (who'd be close enough too lunge at Land himself now)


three things flew out of QM in responce. Each was as thin as a blade, with as much mass too. An "O", a "D", and the number "1" flew straight out of the end of QM towards the lunging pirate. But Land was not done yet. The staff (or sword if you saw the edges of the question mark) extended outward, following closely behind the letters and numbers in speed. If the man managed to dodge those, he'd have to dodge Land's extended sword/staff Question-Mark. Not to mention the QP effect if he happened to only get nicked.

"Land, this is one of your best moves yet. . ." Land thought to himself with an inner smile.
Image
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4540
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:38 pm
Location: In the city closest to Heaven
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

{Leon Borren}

_Passenger's Cabin_ Strictly Business


"Oh that's correct, sir."
Leon said with a smirk. He kept his hands in the air as the approached the pirate. He had accept their deal, just as he had expected him. He brushed by the stewardess as she was freed. Leon had to admit to himself, he found her concern for himself to be quite cute. As the obvious in charge pirate wrap around his arm and held his weapon close to face, Leon was getting goosebumps. "Funny Business? I'm no court jester." Leon remarked to the man.

It was a grave mistake to release Leon. As the man scratched his scalp, Leon slipped under the man's grasp as he was hit by a run away trolley. Leon went behind the fallen Skarn and grabbed a hold of the man head as a hunter's knife slid out of Leon's right sleeve. He forced the man to get back up from the messy floor. He held the blade close to the man's jugular vein as Leon whispered in pirate's ear " I'm an opportunist and a schemer." A droplet of blood dripped to the floor as Leon made a small cut on the man's throat. " Now, why don't you tell me, what your really after? "

" You know, I didn't get these scars on my face, because I'm a nice guy so I suggest you tell me. " Leon suggested to the man. " Also, I really don't feel like burning to a crisp, due to you peons." He mocked the pirate he had.

The farce was over now, Leon stopping playing the fool. To the other men, who held the reporter and the stewardess, his eyes were sharp and he looked positively hungry for blood. It felt like someone new had entered the room. " I have no reason, to keep you two pirates alive, but if you relinquish your weapons, you might be spared. " Leon threatened.

" All I need, is this man, I have, to be kept alive. " He commented strangely as if he talking to someone else.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:10 pm
Location: Orbiting around a planet in a giant robot's head.
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Zako » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 pm

-Nitori Hydrelend: First Class Cabin: Mmm, hover bacon...-

There was little she could have done as several seconds passed by and a multitude of events unfolded in front of her eyes. A man with a cane that shape-shifted into a weapon, a psychic reporter, and a business man with a penchant for violence.

However no one noticed the little young woman crawling under the tables. Her small stature allowed her to nimbly cross all the way behind the two pirates, who were busy dealing with Leon and the others. However she stopped in her tracks as the pirates regained control and now held two hostages, the reporter woman and a stewardess. Leon held another pirate so she did not have to worry about that one.

Climbing behind the overturned tables and chair she jumped into the pirate with the gun, knocking out the gun from the pirate holding the reporter hostage and causing the gun to scatter across the floor. As for the other pirate Nitori happened to have her trusty wrench and delivered a nasty uppercut to the jaw with it. Unlike most girls, Nitori happened to be much stronger than the average woman at her age and the wrench caught the pirate holding the stewardess just as he was turning to see what was the commotion.

Nitori was hoping Leon or someone else would act fast because the other pirate which had the gun was still unharmed but unarmed.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 11:34 am
Location: Where you DONT know...
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 pm

-Mork, Passenger Cabin-
The biscuits had been tasty. The feeling of danger in the air had made them tastier then usual.

His instincts weren't wrong. With little warning except some man's cry, pirates burst into ship, with plenty of ill intent. Mork barely bothered to duck: he kept his eyes open as the invaders boarded the ship. His hand reaching to pull his massive weapon out from next to his seat, he studied his foes. "Nothing but some ruffians. Barely organized, doubt they have any real training, poorly armed. The only have numbers. If this weren't a ship of civilians, this wouldn't even be a problem." It was hard to tell if the pirate who willing moved near him, as if to rob him, honestly thought it was good idea or just hyped up on crashing into the ship. Stupid either way. Bringing forth his weapon with surprising speed for it's size, his snarled at his opponent as the man attempted to come at him with a sword. The fear was all he needed. It was simple for him to block the attack, and knee the man in the gut with his massive leg. The pirate never saw the hammer hit his head.

His buddy down, another one who thought he could take Mork. It was only an ork who got a lucky shot, right? The pirate had a pair of daggers, and dodged the first blow from Mork agilely. The second just missed him, and a sudden CLANG told him his breastplate had saved him again. If this had been a water ship he might have taken it off, but this far up, he doubted it's weight could change his fall. Before the pirate could aim away from the armor, a sudden loud sound rocked the ship, a burst of sound someone's attack. While both were fazed, the sudden flashes of light Sophyian mages used gave him an edge over the almost certainly self trained man when it came to something scrambling your senses. The axe side sliced a limb, and the second blow finished him. Pulling his weapon away, his ringing ears could just make out a sound behind him. A third pirate had decided his gun could handle what his friends could not. Cocking the hammer back on his rifle, Mork swung suddenly at the fool who had stood close enough to have his gun nearly touching the ork. Probably wanted a clean kill shot. While the weapon flew through the first seat, the secound stopped the weapon. Cursing his bad luck at having to fight in such a small space, the gun toting pirate smiled. That was, until the warrior before him maneuvered the hilt enough to bring it up under the gun, smashing it into his face. The shot flew just over his shoulder. With not enough time to get his weapon unstuck, Mork reached down and drew forth a throwing axe with surprising speed, and stabbed the edge straight into the gunner's gut.

A quick check on his charge told Mork that Leon seemed to be handling the situation fine. He'd expected as much after a little time with him. He was almost surprised he needed a bodyguard. Maybe it was one of those "status" things Man-Kin loved. Didn't bother him, it got him into Mek. Looking over, however, he saw a pair of pirates take hostages, the stewarddess and another lady, the inquisitive one who had a camera. Leon seemed to be trying to deal with them, and a little girl had taken them off balance. Mork, on the other hand, wasn't as nice. Taking his Skullsplitter out of the other man's gut, he lined up a shot. If he wasn't careful, the reporter wouldn't be alive much longer. But he wouldn't miss. Not now. Of course, the ship was in mid air, the wind was whirling about through broken windows, and all sorts of things were happening on board. But some things can't be helped, and he was as sure as he could be that his aim was true. While the pirate was recovering the disorientation, Mork left loose his weapon to do what it does best. Split skulls.
Image
For the Greater Good
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11824
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby soraos21 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:38 am

-Sora'oso Entarion- Economy class: Thanks for the distraction.

Seeing the other Ork's axe flying by, Sora'oso guessed it's target and a couple seconds later was proven correct. Splitting the ball of sand, he sent the segments into the eyes of the remaining pirates, blinding them temporarily. Now, what should I do from here? Grabbing his stick, he headed for the ladder that the man with the strange cane had gone to and climbed up.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:15 am
Location: Lost in his own mind...
Gender: None specified

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:01 pm

-Jeggred Nalaar- ~Axial Corridoor~

Jeggred watched intently at the pirates, but his gaze shifted downwards towards one of the captives who seemed to be looking right at him. 'Shit, he better not blow my cover or he'll be the first to go.' he thought. Right as he was thinking the pirates asked him what he was looking at. Jeggred prepared for the worst, aiming the gun right at the man in the gas mask's head. He was relieved when the man said nothing and the pirates believed him.

Jeggred began to look around and assess the situation further now that he had time. A good number of crew members were tied and bound on the ground, and only two pirates were there. 'Either these pirates are stealth, or they have some good weapons on them. Not likely a bunch of crew members would roll over and just be captured.' he thought looking back at around the pirates. 'Those hydrogen tanks could be a problem. If I miss or it deflects, I'd be doing their job for them. But, I doubt they'd fire right away, they'd probably want to get as far away from this area as possible before blowing it up.' he thought to himself.

Jeggred slowly climbed up the ladder he was on, as quietly as he could, until he was on the platform everyone else was. Jeggred slowly climbed down to one knee, aiming his pistol right at the gas mask man's own grendade launcher. 'A nice gun. If I recall correctly the grenade needs a certain amount of force to detonate. Dropping it won't be enough.' he though, aiming right towards the palm of the man's hand. 'One shot, can't miss. Same old, same old.' he thought and held his breath. One last look, he steadied his hand and shot. Almost imediately after he did, he quickly turned right back around and slid down the ladder a bit, looking back up from where he came with his gun and stopped about ten feet below the opening. He didn't know if he'd hit, but he'd find out soon enough.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male

Re: COR: The Dark Ages IC----Winds of Change

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:12 pm

-Passenger Cabin, First Class: “Captured”-

Alimbur was on the floor of the cabin, dazed and deaf, clutching her head trying to recover from the explosion that had rocked the whole cabin. She looked up for a second only to see a pirate looming menacingly above her. He wasted no time in yanking the reporter violently from the floor and arresting her movement. Alimbur fought the panic encroaching on her mind. Everything she knew told her to fight and then run, run as far and as fast as she could, but she couldn’t. Right now her own antics might get her killed. She dared not move, and when the gun rose to meet her head she dared not breathe.

“I say we kill them both”

It was the first thing Alimbur managed to make out as her hearing began to return. “No, no, no.” She thought to herself. “It can’t end here not like this. Mek is still so far away.” She could see Leon pulling a 180 on the pirate he had just been surrendering to, and someone else swinging around an oversized weapon, but neither of them seemed to be coming to help her. Alimbur had nearly lost her resolve when, *THWAP,* out of nowhere someone came barreling into her captor sending the gun to the floor. Alimbur gasped, finally remembering to breathe not that the gun was gone and the pirate’s hold has loosened. Thinking fast the reporter wrenched and arm free and threw an elbow right into the man’s gut, and hard. Now she was free, and… and where was her camera!? Only now had she realized it was gone. “Where is it, Where Is it, WHERE IS IT.” Alimbur began panicking again. The woman’s camera was her life even in the midst of pirate onslaught it almost meant more than her own life, almost. Her eyes nearly bugged out of her head as they scanned the cabin for it.

Alimbur spotted it nearby at the feet of the stewardess, whose own captor had just been dealt a nasty uppercut with a wrench by the same person who had saved herself, the engineer. She danced around the incapacitated pirate and drew it to herself telekinetically. The feel of the leather case in her own hands again was reassuring. She also recovered the fallen gun the same way. She might need it, firing a gun couldn’t be too hard, could it? “Thank you,” She said sincerely to Nitori, her voice dry and hard. “But we need to get out of here.” Alimbur turned and snapped one last photo before returning her beloved camera to her jacket, this one of the giant Orr-kin his throwing axe mid flight bearing down on the pirate that had held her not moments ago. The color drained from her face. That could have been her there still if it weren’t for the engineer. “Let’s roll,” she said moving again. “But we’re having a nice chat in Mek after we get out of this mess.”
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cloud3514 and 1 guest