Just Between You and Me:Reprise OOC - Sign Ups Always Open

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Just Between You and Me: Reprise ~ OOC - Sign Ups Open

Postby Nightreaper0513 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Still accepting CS's?
If so, I'd like to join.

Might aswell put this here already. Still up to change (not to hard to do either).

Name: Steven Skade, after his foster father, he never remembered his real name.
Species: Hybrid
Sub-species: Panther
Description: Image
Steven's a little bigger than average at 6 Ft, and has quite a slim, but muscular figure. His animal trait are his cat like ears, which he hides with a bandana and a cap, aswell as wearing contacts to hide his eyes from the general public. He's got a few scars on both his arms, but his back is entirely covered in scars made by the whiplashes he had received when he lived in a brothel.
He nearly always wears a dark jacket with short sleeves, with a (light) gray t-shirt underneath. Below that, he wears cargo pants or (loose) jeans, and (motor)boots.

Clothing/Weapons:
An old R700, whom he dubbed 'Cosa Umbra', according to him meaning something alike to 'Stalking Shadows", but it's not the name that matters for him, it's his skill with it. He gets his bullets from a close friend of Mr. Skade, who also lives in the city.
An army knife he received from Mr. Skade. He got handy with it when Mr. Skade taught him how to use it to cut up what he killed (or merely incapacitated) in hunts.

Goal/Occupation: Survive / Taking down anyone he sees is/has seen attacking hybrids

Personality: He might seem as a silent, don't-mess-with-me type of guy, but that's merely a charade so people don't really have a reason to get close to him. Underneath that mask, he's a caring, sweet guy, though he gained a bit of a sarcastic quirk in his words, probably due to how people acted toward him during his entire life. A very good listener, quick learner, and can improvise if needed quite fast. He cares deeply for those that are facing the same as he did. He's out for revenge, after seeing both his real parents, as his foster father and closest friend slain in home raids in search for hybrids.

History:
Steven was cast into the trade of hybrids at the age of 4, after he was captured when his house was raided, during which both his parents got killed. Not a week later, he was brought in to his new 'owner's establishment' Working there as a slave, doing menial work. An older hybrid, Muria, took care of him during the first few years. That is, untill she stopped appearing all of a sudden. The first day, Steven thought she was overly tired from the day before. After a week, he started wondering where she could be, asking the other slaves if anyone had seen her, only getting grumbled no's and silence in return.

He eventually gathered up his courage, and asked one of the humans, who, as a response, spat in his face. The brothel owner, seeing what happened, walked over laughing, and asked the guard what 'the slave' had asked. "Oh, that thing?" He turned to the boy, and said, still with a smirk on his face: "She died weeks ago, due to an overdose I gave her, thinking she'd serve my costumers better. Now get back to work." Steven ran off, mourning the loss of the only one that had cared for him for days on end, so much, the owner started punishing him with whiplashes. This kept up for days, untill the owner finally found someone to sell him to.

It was a stormy day, when he was being brought to his buyer, when suddenly, for some reason, the driver had lost control and the van crashed on a rail sideways, blowing the lock at the back of the van meant to keep them in. He tried to wake the other captives, but only one young girl, around his age, opened her eyes to him. He carried her away from there, through a large forest, while she muttered her name was Elise before fainting, to end up on a small, secluded farm.

Collapsing from exhaustion, his vision faded to darkness from the green grass before his eyes, only to open up to a yellow-white ceiling. He sat up, and looked around wildly, when an adult man walked in the room. "Easy, you're safe now." Before he could even ask, the man answered Your friend is doin' fine, she's already downstairs, eating." Steven sighed of relief, and asked where he was. "Where? Well, in my house of course! I noticed you stumble out of the woods, and carried the both of you inside as fast as I could." Steven uttered "Th-Thank y-you..." The farmer answered: " 't was nothin' and call me Zack, or mister Skade, it's up to you, really."

"You're both allowed to stay here for as long as ya like, I don't have kids anyway, and my wife has already passed..." For 5 years, Steven, Mr. Skade and Elise lived together on the farm, Both of them learning all sorts of things, from hunting to normal school teachings, to eventually move to the city, after Mr. Skade grew too old to upkeep his farm. For another 6 years, they then lived in the sub-urbs, Steven earning his part by being the fastest at delivering packages throughout town, him learning parkour to remain ahead of the competition and Elise caring for both him and Mr. Skade. When he turned 19, Elise surprised him with a large cake, and a kiss on his lips.

Sadly, not 3 months after he and Elise started their relationship, Steven relived his nightmare when he got home after his deliveries. He opened the door to a thrashed apartment, and his foster father, bound and shot, in his chair. He started searching through everything, hoping Elise had been able to hide herself, only to find her bound to a bed and stabbed to death a few rooms further.

Something knacked in his head, and he took out the old rifle from the hidden drawer in his room, slung it over his shoulder, and started to put all bullets he found into his backpack. He then wrapped blankets around the two people he had lived with for over a decade, and put them in the car, which he then drove to the old farm.

After burying the both of them, he went back to the city, and started monitoring the crews of policemen from the roofs, seeing from a distance how they threatened people, while also searching for fellow hybrids. He had enough of it all, and decided to put a stop to it, one way or another. From then on, he started his hunt for the agents that had dared to hurt anyone, each day, in the silence of the night.

Theme:
Rise Against-Prayer Of The Refugee
Last edited by Nightreaper0513 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- If you don't give a crap, go out and find a reason to.
- Life is as good as your current state permits you to enjoy it.
- To block out the world, I put headphones on, so I don't have to listen, to anyone.

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:09 am

I'm interested to know how some random farmer taught him martial arts
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Keiran » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:24 am

I agree with Tuor, explain or change that and then ACCEPTED.

Postby Musicmac » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:02 am

Old man Skady had a farm...
Ee Aye Ee Aye Oh...
And on that farm, he learned kungfu!
Chop! Smash! and Breaking Bones!

A thank you.
A thank you, very much.

:3
Listen.

Postby mute_soul » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:20 am

Very lovely, Mac! ^-^ Encore!
<<If I had an awesome quote, it'd go right here.>>

Location: *looks around* That's a great question... I have no idea!

Postby Chaseleon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 am

Perhaps Mr. Skade is actually like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie Commando. O:
Ideas are bulletproof.

Postby Nightreaper0513 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:07 am

Changed it. I always tend to miss a detail or something if I write (late) in the evening, thx. :)
Also, nice one Mac. ^^
- If you don't give a crap, go out and find a reason to.
- Life is as good as your current state permits you to enjoy it.
- To block out the world, I put headphones on, so I don't have to listen, to anyone.

Postby Kyuu » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 am

*rubs neck*

Bolts was a freaking mob boss in another life...

Postby Bolts » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:36 am

Kyuu wrote:*rubs neck*

Bolts was a freaking mob boss in another life...

*lights cigar*

Shutup and make me a sam'ich.

Postby Keiran » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 am

Go make it yourself. :]

I know who is gunna enjoy beating sense into him.

Edit: Is Livik still playing?

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:34 am

I wanna have Tommy go out and break the guy's keyboard
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:39 am

Aww, but that was such lovely music D:

Slipslash in the IC wrote:"Her names, Melon. . .like the fruit
Hmm...isn't her name Malon? You don't want to give Matilda the nickname 'Melon', she will use it XD

Slipslash in the IC wrote:There I'll give you an education, and I'll teach both of you how to use a gun (or gun/s if you'd like), as well as a small course in subversion.
*cough cough* brainwashing *cough*
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:42 am

exactly
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Musicmac » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 pm

I wouldn't touch the guy's board if I were you, Tuor. :[
Listen.

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 pm

haha
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Bolts » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Keiran wrote:I know who is gunna enjoy beating sense into him.

ixnay on the idnapping kay   

Postby Slipslash » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Doctress Who wrote:Aww, but that was such lovely music D:

Slipslash in the IC wrote:"Her names, Melon. . .like the fruit
Hmm...isn't her name Malon? You don't want to give Matilda the nickname 'Melon', she will use it XD

Exactly my dear. It's always nice to have a bit of subtle humor when we get around to her. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Keiran » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:00 pm

@Bolts: I meant Kyuu's character when she gets a spine.

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Lawls, I'll be posting something in a few for ya Mui.
Dear me, Melons--I mean--Malon will give Red a very suggestive arch of her eyebrow at hearing an 11 1/2 year old call her such a nickname. She might just take it as yet another booty call to heighten said humor. I'd tap that.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Miss Melons... lol
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Hmm, yes.
"Hello Miss Melons"
XD
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby counterfeitself » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:21 pm

I honestly have no idea where my characters are going...

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Lawls, yer both so distracting. Especially that ass spanky Trag. I'll make sure to place you both in a situation that'll make Malon smother you in her bosom. The plot is already in motion. *evil smirk*

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Kougaiji+Sesshomaru wrote:I'll make sure to place you both in a situation that'll make Malon smother you in her bosom. The plot is already in motion. *evil smirk*
Oh my!
Time Lady

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:16 am

Indeed.

Edited: So. Tried. Must. Sleep.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing