Sam4books-Official Gallery[The Tunnel]Skip to 68

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [ART DUMP "7/5/2010"]

Postby Black » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Nice update, everything looks nice. However... There are few things that look a bit off here and there. For example, the shape of Lily's head seems a bit off. And necks of most of the characters seem a bit too long.
Click to visit my art thread.

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [ART DUMP "7/5/2010"]

Postby sam4books » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I know what your talking about with Lilies head. I sort of had a feeling it was sort of off :/

As for the neck lengths, the long neck on Barty was completely intentional. As for everyone else, I agree. It's sort of my habit since I have a long neck myself. Yeah...I have to fix that.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [Sevilen, AKA Chaos] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:52 pm

You may remember this guy as Chaos. You know, that tea-cup on a stick guy?

...*sighs*

This guy?

Yeah, that's right. That's the bugger.

Well, the thing is I've been thinking about this character lately. And I've been thinking about including him in an entirely different storyline from the last one he was in. A story about a puppet who's in love with a blue lady. Essentially the story will have a ton of Pinocchio themes in it. A lot. ...As well as some themes from OTHER fairy tales that revolve around living toys ("The Brave Tin Soldier" for one) Now, I DON'T KNOW if going along with this is wise. Or whether I SHOULD. I mean, I have a knack for abandoning stories as you all very well know. Maybe I just have a thing for puppets this time. I don't know.

Anyways, as you can already tell ChaosSevilen is the antagonist. But he's a very strange antagonist. While a lot of evil puppets want to become human for their own gain, THIS guy (while still wishing to become human) wants to do it of genuine love for another. And that love of his is also trapped in her own "unique" way    (she's a statue)   . And yet, despite the fact he can genuinely feel affection towards another he WILL pull off as a complete bastard (trust me on this), if I'm lucky the magnificent kind.

Now, you're probably wondering if he's trapped as a puppet or something, and if he used to be a human, and if he was then was it because of something he did? You would be correct on all three instances. Let's just say ChaosSevilen has a bit of a history with death. He may even sing about it...WITH BACKGROUND DANCING PUPPETS.

...What? I can't have a villain song in comic form?

Anyways, I do hope I can actually give this guy a comic worthy of him. The last one never even lasted two pages. And ChaosSevilen hates me for it :/
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [The Stranger] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:18 pm

The Stranger is supposed to be that mysterious sort of character that appears out of nowhere, hands you a quest/tell you about your destiny, and then leave without another word. I'm just gonna be safe here and call The Stranger an "it". Reason being is that it really doesn't have a gender. Even though it looks like it could be a girl, it has the voice of a guy. At least, that's how I picture it.

At first, Stranger was going to be an example of a race I had in mind for "The Chronicles of Rathya" (yes, I'm still working on that), but as the story I mentioned in my previous post came up, Stranger somehow slipped itself into it. The story now has a name, by the way. I just don't really feel like sharing it at the moment. As I said before, I don't know how far I'm going to go with this one. But the Stranger already has its role well secure, so.

Its design is based off of the performers of carnivals based in Venice, and their elaborate masks and dress. Here's some of the Photos/Pictures that inspired me.

And here's the song I was listening to as I colored this picture.

It was actually pretty fun to do this picture. I've always wanted to draw a guy wearing a masquerade style mask.

BY THE WAY.

I made it so that the page didn't stretch anymore. Since it probably was bothering a lot of people.
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [Lucky] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:56 pm

What do ya know? Another familiar face!

Lucky's a weird guy. He's not necessarily human, but he's not necessarily a puppet either. So yeah, maybe you can call him a demon, maybe you can call him cursed. Originally he was gonna be a demon, but in the current setting he's gonna be in I think being a cursed doll, puppet thing works out for him, don't you? Also, one of his faces are thing. It's probably painfully obvious which one of them is, so I'm not gonna say it. Although it does bring the question of how the whole body thing works.

...On second thought, lets not get into that right now. Or ever, really.

Anyways, Lucky is pretty much Chaos'sSevilen's lackey, and unlike most lackeys he actually has quite a cheek to him. Surprised? Lucky is specifically designed to bring comic relief to combat Sevilen's vileness. And he does not do this in an annoying manner either. So he's a vicious monstrosity who tells jokes before eating you...yeah...! Well, he WAS greed personified beforehand...

Also, has anyone noticed how Lucky is so similar in its spelling to the word "lackey"?
In passing

Postby Black » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Your character designs and stories are always awesome - and this time is no exception.

Postby sam4books » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Thank you Black. That's a pleasure to hear after the last few days :) I will try post more artwork soon.
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [Cast of Rathya] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

THE ORIGINAL CAST OF RATHYA

From left to right: Chad Smith, Nicklaus Hoffman, Jennifer Wilmot, Ami Raef, Martha Stewart, Jynx Hexington, Zorath Black, Zackery Iskelett.

These guys are the first characters I've ever created, Zorath being the first, followed by: Ami, Chad, Nicklaus, Martha, Jynx, and finally Zack. Zorath was created in an entirely different story and later brought back into the first official Chronicles of Rathya storyline. He was meant to be a love interest for Ami (who was created since I thought a girl would make a better protagonist than a guy), but developed a story of his own with the addition of Jynx. I don't really remember why Jynx was created, all I know is she was a part of some secret organization and Zorath was in on it. You can see why I scrapped the idea later on in favor of her being Ami's second best friend. Ami's FIRST best friend is none other than Martha Stewart. And yes, I am aware she shares the name with Martha Stewart the famous television host and magazine publisher. I thought it was hilarious when I found that out, it's no wonder I decided to name her that although originally she was named after a nun named Sister Martha and I had just thought Stewart made a great last name xD As for Chad and Nicklaus; Chad was created purely to be Zorath's best friend and Nick was only there to be someone Chad could tease and also for comic relief. I suppose he can be considered Zorath's best friend as well. Jennifer is Chad's friend, and is like a sister to him...only she's not. Yeah, she's not Chad's sister folks. Although I was thinking about the possibility at one point. But then I was like "Naaaaaaaaah". She was mainly created to serve as some sort of motherly figure for Ami and her friends, and aide them against "bullies" and the like. Zachery was created after I turned Chad, Nick and Zorath into a boy band :x

I was thirteen years old. What do you expect?
Last edited by sam4books on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [Aeronaut] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 am

Spent one whole day working on this and I must say I like how it came out. This guy's name is Robert W. Bynes, as the title suggests he is an aeronaut, as well as a character in the Chronicles of Rathya. He was a man who traveled the world in a hot air balloon, discovering new places, meeting new people, and having a nasty run-in with the plot. He's also one of the rare characters who actually have red hair. *nods*
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [Dust] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:34 pm

An epic battle between two rivaling nations in the midst of a barren wasteland.

This is supposed to be a scene from one of the battles during the Xephamor-Sophya War, a war that lasted five hundred years throughout Rathya's history. I drew this a long time ago and just gotten around coloring. After three days spent coloring it I think it came out great :D

Xephamorians sure fight dirty :3
In passing

Postby Black » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:28 pm

After seeing that picture, I remembered this:
XD

Postby sam4books » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Why go through the trouble of cutting somebody's arm off when you could just poke them in the eye? :D
In passing

Postby Black » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:42 pm

...and that's why they invented the helmets with VERY narrow eye holes, such as this one:
:mrgreen:

Postby sam4books » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Whoever did that was a genius.
In passing

Postby soraos21 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:10 am

*sits anxiously on the sidelines, occasionally bouncing in place*

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [The Empty Church] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm

A scene from an RP I'm in with my character (on the right) and another guy's character (on the left) facing certain death in an abandoned church located in the middle of a graveyard in Central Merchurdon.

Wesa gonna die :D
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Ahh I love it Sam! And you got the lighting and atmosphere in that scene just right.

One tiny typo I've noticed: it's 'Victorian Underworld' , not 'Underground' :<

But apart from that, it's perfect.
Mwhahahaha >:D
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Aw crap, I deleted the PSD file too D:

Ah well, glad you like it Doc :)
In passing

Postby Fenrisulfr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Looking good there. Keep it up Sam!

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Well, Well, Well, you update and I get to see my guy. Awesome as always.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks, MM and Fen :D

Speaking of updates...

I'm finally going to be working on mah comic again :D
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [COR Revamp] Skip to 56

Postby sam4books » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 am

So...I restarted "Chronicles of Rathya" in hopes of preparing a better organized schedule and plot movement. I also wanted to begin with something a bit more...mysterious, non-informal? I dunno. All I know is I wanted to start things off with a bang. So, I present to you, Nala. A person you won't be seeing again after this prolouge.

Sorry.
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [COR Revamp] Skip to 57

Postby soraos21 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Why won't we be seeing her again? And what is she grabbing in the last panel? o.O

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [COR Revamp] Skip to 57

Postby sam4books » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 pm

That's for me to know and for you to find out.

Also, she's not grabbing anything. Someone is grabbing her.

As for the reason why...that's for me to know and for you to find out :P
In passing

Re: Sam4books - Official Gallery [Charles Price] Skip to 57

Postby sam4books » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Most of you don't know Charles. He's a guy who used to be in the really really old comic that was made in 2007 or something. Really old. He was also one of the first characters introduced along with Ami. He was introduced as a "Teleporter" (basically a cabby, only in the magical sense).

Here he is back in the day:

Here is his redesigns, which are fairly recent and were made back when I had coloring pencils TT__TT:

Some people from the RP forum would recognize this as the Charles they all know (and love?) from the RP, "Lunatics Inc." This Charles is far more angry than the old one, but he still retains his concern over money and business-like demeanor. He also wears green, and as you can see he's also my avatar :P

Charles is going to make some appearences in the COR Revamp, along with that guy with the hooked nose (they were best friends in high school btw). This time you will see him multiple times in the comic, as he will play a big role in its events himself.

And to those from Lunatics Inc., no that girl he's talking to as a kid is NOT Ana. Nice try though :P
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Art