Infinte Serenade: Chapter One-The Autumn Festival

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Infinte Serenade: Chapter One-The Autumn Festival

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm

-Laem: Pyro and the Medic-
"Thanks." Taking a seat, he took a minute to look over his doctor. Certainly impressed, he'd take a minute longer, if her tattoo hadn't caught his eye. He knew he'd seen it before. It just wasn't coming to him. Maybe it was the burns. Nah, he thought fine when on fire. But what was it? Still think it over and letting her take his hands, he started talking as she placed the tub. "Oh, yeah, Infinite Serenade. Heard they were looking for members, so, you know, figured I'd- ...." Biting down hard, he winced at the pain. He took a moment, and spoke up again. "Ah, it's fine. Doctors just do what's best." He was clearly trying to hide the pain from his hands.

"Oh, you know. Some things just seem funny, at the time. Heat of the moment. Ha ha. Besides, this wasn't the first time I've set myself on fire. Or the last. Or the first time with solutions like this, for that matter. Think I have a recipe or two. Lots of region variants I've noticed, but they're always slow to part with them." Either he was trying to talk past the pain, or he just likes to ramble. Probably both. While he was talking, he finally remembered where he had seen that tattoo of hers. It helped he noticed her scarf, with it's convenient IS. Inside his head, he practically hit himself for forgetting their guild mark. "So, uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but that tattoo wouldn't happen to mean you're in Infinite Serenade, right? In which case, I'm probably doing terrible on my application already... Laem, by the way. But some folks prefer "Fire-Starter"." He gave his best effort at a roguish grin.
For the Greater Good

Postby Acktoo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:47 pm

[Alicia Hayley, on her way to the stage]

A girl with stark white hair made her way through the throngs of carnival goers, her destination the festival's central stage. She was late for her scheduled performance for reasons she would not care to explain, save for a certain trusted someone. Nearing the performance area, she was hailed by someone who had recognized her through the mass of people that was the crowd.

"Pardon me, Miss Hayley," started the mentioned someone. It was one of the festival's announcers, more specifically, the stage announcer. He was sitting at a small table some ways away from the stage, savoring a warm beverage.

Alicia gave the man a nondescript look. "What can I help you with, Mr. Announcer?" she asked, rather nonchalantly, stretching her arms out in front of her.

"Well, it's just that the crowd's been waiting for you to get on stage for a while now," the announcer continued. "We had a tourist calling himself the 'Ruby Warrior' perform in your stead; he filled the spot for the opening act- he attracted a decent amount of attention, but he's no Alicia Hayley."

"I know I'm late. I was occupied with... guild business," the white-haired girl explained, not caring to venture into any specifics. "Anyway, I can still perform now, correct? It seems the stage has been dead for quite some time; I'd imagine you have no one scheduled at the moment," she added, looking at what little was left of those who had come to watch the performances. Most of the crowd had died down, only leaving those who were either too lazy to move or optimistic about there being another showing within decent time.

"Well, of course," the man replied, putting his cup on the table. "Would you like some time to get ready?" he queried.

"I could use some. I should be up in about ten minutes- that should be enough time to fill the crowd, right?"
Alicia asked the announcer.

"After this announcement, I'm more than positive," the man answered. He stood from his chair and then made his way towards his announcing booth, beverage in hand. Clearing his throat, the announcer began his oration into a magically augmented device that was created to carry his voice over the din that was the festival. "Miss Alicia Hayley, acting guild master of Infinite Serenade, will be performing in ten minutes. Get down to the stage area for to see one of the greatest performers Enrein has ever known in action!"
Too good for you.

Postby Livix » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Basil upon hearing the announcement his interest was peaked but not before his annoying pain got the better of him, so continuing as he did he made it to the medical tent with a guy also there for what looked to be burns Basil thought Is this guy also a fire mage? but soon ignored his thoughts as he asked the nurse "Do you have any aloe or something for burns? after which he said in a whispering voice "magical burns"
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Akaine » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Ciara McClellan, First Aid Tent:Burn baby burn

Feeling a little guilty about the painful solution, she gave him a small smile, and listened to what he was talking about: Burning himself. Reaching over to get another cotton ball, she dabbed off the rest of the solution gently and gave him the hand motion to hold his hands up for a moment. She pulled out another ointment: this one was topical pain reliever. Dabbing it gently but generously over his hands, she made sure to get every centimeter covered. Reaching for the softest gauze she could find, she brought it over and took his left wrist in her hand and began to gently wrap it before answering. With a slight chuckle and a little twinkle to her violet eyes, she replied, "Yes, I'm a member." He continued to go on, and her shoulders shook a little with mirth. "Well, Laem, I'm Ciara McClellan, at your service. I would shake your hand, but yours seem out of commission, so I'll save that for another time." She gave another small smile, a short nod, and finished wrapping up is left hand and began working on the right.

She began talking while she was wrapping up his right hand in a relaxing manner, "Well, I wouldn't worry about making the best impression. Just be yourself, and I'm sure you'll fit in very well...although", she did pause, giving a wry smile before looking up into his eyes, "I would try not to burn myself so often. It's not good for you." She bit her lip gently before blinking, picking up the used cotton and the wrappings for the gauze, and bringing them over to the waste receptical. She was slightly flustered, as she usually was when a man piqued her interest. Reminding herself to be more professional, she straightened up before walking back to him, only to notice that a young man joined them in the tent.

She was surprised to see another person with burns so soon. 'Is today the day to get burns?' she thought to herself with a mild curiosity. "Of course, come on in, have a seat." She gestured to another of the benches in the tent, and there were only two benches, due to this being a festival, and the tent wasn't overly large. She turned back to Laem and said while making eye contact, "Now, I want you to be careful with your hands for a few days till the pain numbs up a bit without any help. Until then, I'd like you to come and visit me, either here at this tent for as long as the festival's going on, or at the Guild Headquarters. If I'm not there, just leave me a note. I'll change your bandages and the like." She took out most of the same equipment that she had just had out moments before and set it all on a small table next to the boy's bench.

She spoke to the boy now, "I'm Ciara McClellan, what's your name,and where does it hurt?" She wasn't sure if the boy was hurt in more places than just the one spot that she saw at the moment.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Livix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:17 am

Basil - So it happened like this

Basil sat on the bench as instructed and as the nurse came over she asked him his name and where it hurt after introducing herself, Basil replied "Oh, um, My name is Basil, Basil Shanks and I burned myself on my shoulders and maybe a bit on my back, but I mostly feel it on my shoulders". Basil feeling she deserved an explanation because of her bewildered appearance to what seemed to be an odd amount of burn victims even for a festival, "see I did a show a little while ago with some fire, 1 that won't hurt and 1 that only hurts and I don't normally use the 2nd flame, but it was the finale so I did, yeah stupid me but anyway long story short some of the falling flame sprinkled my shoulders and maybe my back, now I would normally use my 1st flame to heal things like this, but I can't heal a burn caused by myself" Basil ended with a slight embarrassed feeling at his own inability to control his flames

So after his explanation he took off his shirt to give Ms.Ciara a vantage point to his burns, this would also reveal the tattoo on his back
Last edited by Livix on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bolts » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Harvey Roots - Mosh Pit

Up until now, Harvey had been relatively lax about getting to the stage. The crimson warrior was an interesting spectacle but this was the real deal; this was the reason he'd came back to Reis in the first place; this was Infinite Serenade. Whatever hospitality Harvey had been maintaining whilst moving towards the stage was lost the moment Alicia was announced. The mage burst through the crowd, working his way through the gaps and practically diving between people, all in an effort to get closer to Alicia. She was his key. The way into the guild he'd longed to join for so long. Ms. Hayl-" Harvey's speech was cut off as he suddenly plowed into another man, also keen on getting to the stage, though he was less motivated by joining Infinite Serenade and more by simply observing the show.

The two men glared malevolently at each other before Harvey again got to his feet and continued towards the stage. He was out of breath but he'd finally gotten to the very base of the stage where Alicia was set to perform. After catching his breath, fixing his hair, and dusting off his rather beaten suit, Harvey attempted to adopt some form of composure. He couldn't have the leader of Infinite Serenade thinking he was some sort of slobbish nutter. Whilst Harvey stood in front of the stage though, a thought crossed his mind. "How the hell am I going to get her to notice me in this crowd?" Harvey's eye began to twitch in annoyance at his own stupidity. This wasn't the proper setting for introducing himself to the leader of the guild he wished to join. Hell all this would do would make him seem like an idiotic fan boy. Still annoyed with himself, Harvey resolved to at least enjoy the performance without drawing too much more attention to himself.

Postby LostD » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 am

~Leb Sterlyn; Still town square; Confronted~

Leb was picking up the last coin when the ]voice came[ from above him. He didn’t need to look up, the repulsive shades of faded orange and red lit up his on Leb’s peripheral vision like a warning sign. The sign stood for “Incoming Self-Righteous Pr*ck”. Judging by his appearance, he was either a down on his luck carnival performer or a hero wannabe. Still, the boy was either sharp at noticing things, or he had possibly recognized and then watched the dwarf. Leb didn’t bother hiding his scowl as he stumped back up and deposited his dirty rag and the last penny it held in his pouch. Keeping his oversized left arm hidden under his cloak, Leb used his right arm to pull his hood over his head. “If I could have, I would have.” Leb lied, not bothering to look at Mauro as he turned his back to quickly dismiss the young man. It would have been smoothly done, if it wasn’t for yet another pompous getting in Leb’s way. To make it worse, this one looked more like an ass.

Leb softly groaned. Listening to the new boy’s ‘tactful’ defence, Leb knew if the orange kid’s suspicion wasn’t up before, he’d definitely suspect the dwarf now. Leb didn’t know why the boy was bothering to ‘help’ him, but finding out wasn’t a priority. Finding the guild hall or master was. Leb barked at Rucio, “Out of my way!” Not bothering to wait, Leb shoved past the teenager, making his raw physical strength apparent. The boy must have noticed too Leb’s little stunt too, and approved, but his reaction to it reminded Leb of the brats back at Hades’ Devils, and that deserved a stiff shove.

“I hate carnivals, I hate brats, I hate self righteous brats, I hate….” His inner rant was cut short by the announcer. Listening intently, the rage inside Leb quickly turned to angry confusion.

“Master?!?”
Leb frowned at the thought. He knew Hayley by reputation, heard she was damn good, but she was no master. In fact, she wasn’t even present during the battle with Infinite Serenade. Leb knew, he was there fighting them. What happened to the old man? In fact, now that he thought about it, Leb had not seen a single Infinite Serenade member he recognized in the whole damn Carnival. If there were starting back up, where the hell were they?

The dwarf needed to see ‘master’ Alicia Hayley’s performance. It’d answer a lot of questions. Leb glanced at the crowd, noting the mass of ‘tall’ people. If he wanted a see the show, he would have to find a better spot. His eyes found a tree, not far from where he was, then moved swiftly across the path of some fancy dressed slick-ball, nudging him softly as he went by. Leb didn’t bother looking back, he barely touch the guy. Upon reaching the base of the tree, Leb started looking for a low branch of nook to haul up on. He did notice a man telling a little boy a story, sitting only meters away. Gut- wrenching nostalgia came over him, Leb remember the same story. Though it had slight differences, Nathaniel, a bard, told that story often many years ago. And, just like then, Leb felt compelled to add his own contribution to the tale.

“Then the monster stood up and ate him, and used Seto bones for scraping his arse, the end.” Leb curtly concluded, giving the pair a quick wicked grin, his eyes still looking at the tree for a way up.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 am

*Alleyway*

Mauro sputtered as he was almost completely ignored. "H-hey! I'm not done talking to you!" He looked at the other before leaving and said "Keep your nose out of my business. You don't use magic to get petty revenge." He chased after the dwarf but lost him quickly when his foot fell into a hole and he hit the ground face first. That didn't stop him, though. A second later he was back up but had no idea where to go. He was about to turn around and give the other guy a piece of his mind when he heard the announcement. "The guild master!?" He hurried towards the crowd, ignoring the others around him in his haste.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Karo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm

~Aryala Breslin: Front of the crowd~

Aryala watched the different shows with the same level of interest as the first, meaning her absolute undivided attention. Once the stage had been empty for some time, she turned to try and get out, to try and find something else interesting going on, when the announcer declared that the next performance would be given by the acting master of the Infinite Serenade guild. That would most certainly be a performance worth watching, and she might learn a bit about that interesting guild in the process! After all, that was why she was in Reis in the first place. She wanted to experience all sorts of things, and joining a guild seemed like a great way to do that. And since Infinite Serenade was looking for people to join them, what better opportunity was there for her. The festival was just a bonus, and it kept getting better and better by the minute.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:39 am

-Laem, Burn Unit Medical Tent-

"Be myself. Right." He mulled over her words a bit, happy he'd found a member so soon. Such a nice one, too. Taking a moment and looking over his bandages, he flexed his hands a bit, testing what he could do before the pain shot through them. He was pleasantly surprised: The last couple of times, either the doctor wasn't so happy with him or he had to try it himself, so normally it was a fair bit worse. Smiling, he looked up at her. "Hey, great work doc! Way better then what I've gotten before."

Looking over at the sound of footsteps, Laem watched as another burned man walked on in. He was a tad surprised to see someone else with burn wounds, an odd coincidence, especially since he hadn't caused it. Nothing could stop him from giving Ciara a grin. "See? People burn themselves all the time. It builds character!" He chuckled as he stood up, taking care to keep his hands by his sides. "Yes ma'am. Normally I just kind of yank 'em off after a few days..." As he started walking, the man's story reminded him. He'd seen him before. That guy, doing the show. With the flames and stuff, black and white flames. Speaking in friendly tone, he tapped Basil lightly on the shoulder with a fist. "Hey, I saw that performance. Not bad, but personally I think flames are meant to be free. None of that "oh we're fire mages, we bend it to our will" stuff. I'm not one to talk, but you know what they say. Play with fire..." Grinning, he didn't wait for a response and started out again.

Wandering over to the edge of the tent, the announcer's voice rang out. While he wasn't much one for fancy shows, the words "acting guild master of Infinite Serenade" caught his attention. He could still kind of see the platform from here, but it'd be hard if people crowded around it tightly again. Laem hadn't really kept up with the guilds before, not until he heard Infinite Serenade was recruiting. Caught wind of it while traveling through a nearby town, and the idea stuck with him. He lightly learned on one of the first aid tent poles, thinking aloud. "Miss Alicia Hayley, huh? Wonder what the Guild Leader can do. You know her, right Ciara?"
For the Greater Good

Postby Livix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:06 am

Basil - Coincidence?

Basil listen to the guys slight criticism of his show and his eyes slightly widened when he said personally I think flames are meant to be free after which Basil said Wow, it's funny you should say the flames are meant to be free, cause that's what my master said to me all the time, he'd always say something like these flames are from your soul, you don't dominate your soul do you? No you coexist with it, so rather then bending the flames to your will why not request them to do as you ask, now I get what he meant and all but I've tried on multiple occasions to do so and I'm sure I'll try a bunch more times, but until they do as I ask I have to control them if I'm to remain a mage

Postby sam4books » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:40 am

~Kaylee Brynn: Carnival, Around the Stage Area----Off to Watch ANOTHER Performance~

The Ruby Warrior's words began to sunk into Kaylee, and she looked downwards at her feet as if mowing over them. It dawned on her that she had not thought of it that way. Indeed she did not like to admit to it, but most of her views had come from they way her father had taught her through out her life. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she realized that her father was generally caring for her well being. Although she was still a bit confused by all this talk of morals, Cesare's logic had at least made sense to her. What bothered her is what would happen if she did manage to go down the wrong path. She did not actually care for what her father would have to say about it, but what about Sel? Even though he changed, she still cared about how he felt about her, and wanted to be around him. For this reason, she was determined to not go down the wrong path, she didn't know how she will recognize it when it happens, but Kaylee didn't want to let her brother down, not after all the time they spent together.

This guy said she had potential, and was actually kind in not signing her weapon. She would not let him down either. Kaylee looked up at him with shining eyes. "I won't let you down!" she promised him, giving him a confident salute. After she thanked the Ruby Warrior for his time, the announcer sounded an announcement: that the guildmaster of the Infinite Serenade was performing. Kaylee gasped, "That's the guild I was supposed to sign up for!" She realized that she had been wasting too much time talking to the Ruby Warrior, and that she needed to find her brother. Turning to Cesare she said, "Uh...I gotta go. My brother's waiting for me." The spear-wielding girl took off for the crowd at the front of the stage. "Thanks again!" she called out to him, before disappearing into the crowd.

Sel perked up at the sound of the guild's name. 'The guildmaster? She's here?' The warrior looked around the crowd for the hundredth time. 'And still no sign of Kaylee...' He rubbed his temples to ease his stress, it was a shame that one kid had already took off to who knows where. He was a nice kid, and was a decent person to talk to. Kaylee would've liked him. After the kid had taken off he had spent the last few minutes just standing around, scanning the crowds every five seconds. He couldn't do much else, the crowd only got bigger and it became impossible to snake his way out. This day couldn't possibly get more nerve racking. And just when it seemed that there was no hope in finding Kaylee, Sel heard the sound of his sister's annoying voice coming from the sea of people.

"Sel! Sel! Oops, sorry!" Kaylee ran up to her brother, smiling her usual smile. Sel stood there, dazed, before realizing just what she was doing. "Kay-AH!" He gasped under her sister's glomp, accidently knocking into one a man in the process. "Where...were you...?" he struggled to say. "Oh, I was just around the stage area" she responded, finally letting go of her brother.

"Oh, alright...hey, wait!" Sel grabbed hold of his sister's shoulders, making her face him so that he could look her in the eyes. "What were you over there for? I told you to meet me after the performance." Kaylee struggled against her brother's grip, something he ignored. "I was only getting an autograph from the Ruby Warrior." Sel sighed and let go of his sister, "Did you get it?" Kaylee's eyes turned downward at the ground. She knew this was coming..."Um...no, I didn't." Sel was about to explode out of anger, but managed to keep himself calm. 'At least she isn't hurt' he thought to himself. "Look. Next time, tell me before you run off by yourself. Understand?" Instead of answering him, Kaylee gave her brother another hug. "I knew you wouldn't get mad at me big brother!" Sel groaned, "Yeah, sure. Whatever."
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Redsnow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 am

As soon as Rucio saw the dwarf move his way, he opened his mouth, the words coming, unbidden, to his lips. However, his rationality took control over at the same second he came into contact with the dwarf's powerful arm against his chest, flinging him backwards upon the dusty ground, causing him to bite down, hard upon his lower lip in the process. The strange, iron-like taste of blood began to coat his tongue as he ran it over the cut and winced.

People around them, having seen him being flung back, began to murmur and one even offered to help him stand. Rucio took the man's hand, just as the one in orange made some remark that Rucio didn't bother really listening to, before running off after the dwarf. Instead, he looked around to see that the little shove had drawn some attention, and responded to it by chuckling and scratching the back of his head.

"And if any of you need to go that bad? I'd gladly take the fall for you, too," he said, sounding very pleased with himself. Some people laughed, others made faces, but the tension died down, and people began to move along once again - Rucio with them.

It wasn't so much the fact that the dwarf had been belligerent to him, or to the fact that he felt as if another person who hated modern society as much as Rucio did had betrayed a certain trust Rucio had offered - it was the fact that he had almost used the Word at the first sign of a little danger. Even more so, without his mask!

So occupied was he with beating himself up, he did not notice the announcement from the stage, or the roar from the people who had heard, or even the sudden movement in one direction. Instead, he began to walk in one direction, as he was prone to doing when concentrating on something in particular, especially when looking for or thinking about some answer to explain what he was thinking about. In this case, why he had taken such a chance.

It was not long before he came to an answer, however. He had been away from society too long on his travels to gather clues about other Words of Power, it seemed. He had to remind himself that society kept laws that tempered most laws of nature to bring about unity. He just had to remember this ideal, and the ideals people kept about each other, including the preconception of birth having a say in the social tier that you stood upon. A most disgusting trait, he felt.

When he finally popped out of his reverie, he found that the blood from his lip had dribbled down upon his lip, and he took a second to look and wonder why most of the grounds were deserted. When he heard the loud sound of myriad voices floating from the general direction of the stage, he brushed off his curiosity and walked over to one of the people manning the booths. He pointed to his bloody lip and gave the person a grin that included blood-stained teeth. The man manning the booth grimaced and pointed in the direction of the nearby first aid tent.

Rucio arrived at the tent rather quickly, holding a finger over his lip and wondering just how bad the cut was. He opened the flap to see three people already inside, one of whom was tending to the younger man's wounds.

He smiled apologetically and pointed at his bloody lip once he caught the doctor's's attention.

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Artemis attempted his hardest to keep the snickering to an almost inaudible sound. The children around him gaped at the dwarf in shocked surprise, looking at each other to see if any of the others actually believed him. It was true, there were two sides to the story. One where the hero died to scare children shitless into never entering forbidden areas or fighting with each other for pride. The other, the one Artemis chose, was where the hero lived, became clan leader, only to die at the hands of an enemy who seduced him into submission. A long winded story and definitely not something a child wants to think about. They all turned back to him and his chuckling stopped almost as quickly as his change of subject.

"Well, its getting quite late and I bet all your parents are worried sick about you. Run along, go back to your mothers and tell them about the wonderful story you heard." With a defeated groan the children dwindled back into the festivities but the initial boy whom Artemis encountered stood waiting. Artemis stood with a confused smile.

"What's the matter there sport? Didn't you like the story, or are you still on that spilled ice cream business? You promised not to cry over that anym---oomph!" The ebony haired male fell back as the boy hugged him with a smile, looking up at the man with wide eyes.

"Thank you Mister, it was fun." That cracked a smile from Artemis and he ruffled the boy's hair.

"Well, you're welcome kid. Now go on, off to your mother." The boy nodded, releasing Artemis from the hug and waving goodbye before running back into the crowd. With a sigh, the ebony haired man, looked behind him to see the dwarf figuring out on how to climb the tree.

"Need some help?" Artemis offered, still seated on the grass.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Akaine » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:25 am

Ciara McClellan, First Aid Tent

"Your shoulders and back? Alright, let's get you cleaned and then bandaged...but please, try to be a little more careful next time?" She asked gently. It was always a shame when young people came to her with injuries that could be prevented. Did he even know what repercussions these scars and injuries could have in the long term? Probably not, and even those that did know probably wouldn't change a thing about themselves. She noted the tattoo and got a decent look at it as she began tending the wounds, but refrained from commenting. She herself, had the Infinite Serenade guild tattoo on her neck.

Upon hearing Laem's words, she looked up and her face slowly turned from a small smile to a heartfelt grin of true happiness, happiness that could even be found in her light purple eyes. This was what she lived for, helping people. She didn't know what else to say to that compliment, but she was sure that her expression said it all: those words touched her. Upon seeing his grin and hearing that he wasn't the only burn victim there today, she gave a slight chuckle and almost shook her head in a good-humored fashion.

Upon hearing Laem's question, she looked up from her work and gave a nod, and elaborated, "Yes, I'd say I know her well." She reminisced for a moment, mostly of all the bandages and 'words' that they had when they had first met. Ah, the good old days. Shaking her head slightly, red-brown loosely held bun threatening to break loose from it's tie as she did so.

Basil gave his rebuttal and she gave a small smile at that, and commented, "Well, how do you ask? Do you ask as one who has no hope of joining with your flames, or as one who acts as if you already have it?" She, herself, has no mage power to be heard of, but she has treated more than her fair share of mages and she's spent more than enough time around them to be able to give a decent question or two. Maybe the boy would ponder on her question and be a step closer to his goal: that was her wish.

Then, another young man, this one without a burn, walked in and she wondered how he came upon his injury, but, as was usual with the more tactful doctors, she kept her questions to herself. "Please, have a seat, I'll be right there with you in a moment." His injury didn't look too dangerous that she couldn't finish wrapping up Basil before she moved on. Putting the finishing touched of a cooling gel on Basil's wounds before beginning to wrap the boy's shoulders and back injuries.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Livix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Basil - Questions that stack the mind (First Aid Tent)

Basil had never thought about it like Ciara was saying, he had always just gone into the meditation necessary for speaking with your soul and simply asked "Would you please do as I ask" but it had never worked out the answer no matter what he said was "Until you learn to speak to the avatar of Fire that resides in you, this privilege is beyond you".

Now as Basil had said he's tried multiple times with many different forms of the same request but all ended the same. He spoke out loud "I think you're right Ciara but unless I learn how to speak to the Avatar of fire it most likely won't work. Would you happen to know anyone who knows how to speak to ancient and powerful spirits? My Avatar is only a small fragment of the true Avatar that is the source of all fire, but it still demands respect."
Last edited by Livix on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Soul » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:51 am

Cisara - Main Stage?

"I'm late!" Cisara yelled as she burst through the back door of her home still fitting her shoes on. She hopped towards the fence along the backyard as she struggled to get the garment over her foot. After a moment of hopping she finally managed to get the thing on and immediately burst into a sprint and hopped over the fence. Soon the young woman was bolted through the back alleys that lead towards the festival, an expression of glee on her face as she weaved in and out of the alleyways of the city.

She became more and more excited as the sounds of the festival became clearer, almost letting out a cry of joy as she made it into the main area of the festival. Cisara stopped to catch her breath for a moment as she looked around for what most of the people at the festival were doing, and in the end decided to see what the crowd at the main stage was doing. As she walked Cisara slid her hands into the pockets of her shorts and slowly began to weave through the crowd to try and make it to the front.

Postby Acktoo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:06 pm

[Alicia Hayley, Center Stage]

The promised ten minutes had passed, and the clamoring that was the stage crowd had turned to little more than a whisper. Alicia Hayley, a festival favorite, was moments from performing; there was only the girl’s introduction between the crowd and her performance.

The announcer cleared his throat once more and spoke again into his sound-carrying implement. ”Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Alicia Hayley!” he exclaimed as the girl stepped onto the stage, his free hand gesturing towards the performer.

A thunderous roar erupted from the crowd; both from those who had the opportunity to witness Ms. Hayley’s performances in the past, and from those who felt like joining in with the first group’s show of adoration for the performer. Alicia appreciated the fanfare, though she felt such accolades were somewhat overenthusiastic.

Moving to the center of the stage, Alicia began her performance by removing her wooden bow from her left shoulder and loading it with a quartet of arrows which were subsequently fired directly above the girl, the quadruplets sailing through the cool evening air above the girl’s head at a high velocity.

Gravity was not one to be defied for long, however, and soon enough the arrows shot back down towards their caster, seconds from making contact with the girl’s head. Taking a quick step back, Alicia swept out her arm and caught all four of the projectiles by their shafts in a seamless, fluid movement before they hit the stage. Alicia then immediately sent the arrows back out once more, though the medium via said missiles were sent was not the girl’s bow, but rather her arm, the quartet hitting the bull’s-eye of a target that was set up directly behind the amassed crowd. A spring-loaded target then popped up in front of the girl and was swiftly dealt with, the shaft of an arrow sticking out of it’s center. Alicia had delivered the blow by hand, using one of her arrows as a makeshift dagger, her accuracy still proving to be prime. The archer performed a few more stunts of similar nature to the prior three, her accuracy and agility shining forth in each endeavor. Before long it was time for the finale, and the hoots and cheers from the crowd died down in favor of the silence of anticipation.

((Feel free to reflect on Alicia's performance now; my next post will throw a game-changing wrench into the peaceful atmosphere that is the festival.))
Too good for you.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:50 pm

*Near the stage*

Mauro clapped so hard his hands began to sting. He was very impressed by the show. The magic wasn't as simple as the magic he had seen. It was way up there and he wanted to be accepted into the guild more than ever. He began to squeeze his way through the crowd, trying to get a better spot to view the finale.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Bolts » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:58 am

Harvey Roots - Front Row

Harvey watched as Alicia dazzled the crowd with her performance. To be honest he was quite shocked himself. He'd heard rumors of Alicia's power, thus he'd gotten this picture in his head of an almost brutish woman, overflowing with magical energy. That however wasn't the case. What appeared before Harvey was a girl, younger than himself even. Not only that but her presentation represented not a total overflowing of power, but rather the complete mastery of it. "Now that's interesting." he thought silently to himself. The mage remained somewhat perplexed by the development, though nevertheless continued to observe. He was waiting for something. Perhaps it was for Alicia to unleash some sort of otherworldly power that defied logic itself.

"Perhaps it's not too late for that..." Harvey whispered to himself. It was foolish to think that Alicia would show off everything she had in the first segment of her act. Perhaps there was more to come? It made Harvey's heart flutter just thinking of all the things the woman could do. Perhaps she'd ask for a volunteer? No, that was too optimistic. "Get a grip Harvey..." The mage continued to badger himself in his thoughts as he gazed on ever more at the stage. He looked like a kid in a candy store; just looking and waiting for the best piece to present itself.

Postby Karo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 am

~Aryala Breslin: Front of the crowd~

Aryala watched the guild master's show quietly, it was impressive, but not what she had been expecting in the slightest.
Since this person was the acting guild master of a rather famous guild, she had been expecting something grand and spectacular, some sort of rare, forgotten magic or some such display. She was rather disappointed, but she clapped along with the rest of the crowd when the performance ended, though nowhere near as enthusiastically as others were. She began to look around for a way out of the stage area, but the crowd had packed together tight enough to trap her where she was.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Iris » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:47 am

-Roy, near the fountain-

The gathering crowd was becoming a bit of a hassle as Roy tried to politely get through them, as he neared the scene a disfigured dwarf softly nudged him aside. Due to the countless other around him Roy couldn’t apologize but as he moved he lost sight of the man and his left eye began to twitch for a moment. He shook it off as people were gathering at the stage as the announcement that the guild leader was going to perform.

Although he was definitely interested in seeing the performance, Roy figured he would’ve be able to get a good view, it would be too much effort to try and nudge people aside politely and considering the time it would take he’d likely miss several impressive feats. With a sigh he moved to the back of the crowd and pulled out two decks of cards. “Lady luck, please smile today as I’d rather not have the Joker crash my party so early in my adventure.” He whispered to the two decks before he swiftly opened them, “Card Magic: House of Cards.”
The cards flowed out of the packs and swiftly began to form a platform much to the amusement of several nearby onlookers and after several seconds Roy stood on it, allowing him to see over the crowd. Thankfully the magic supported his weight otherwise he’d have looked rather silly.

The guild master was definitely an impressive archer, showing great mastery and agility with her bow and arrows it was breathe taking, Roy hadn’t seen an archer of her calibre.

Postby Akaine » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:44 am

Ciara McClellan: First Aid Tent

"Hmm..." She thought quickly skimming her memory as she mindlessly but skillfully finished bandaged the boy up. "I can't recall of anyone in particular." She had a cheery face on, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. The mere fact that she was trying should deter a decent number of people from asking the next question that would be on anyone's mind: Are they dead? The answer to that question would be a yes. She had known some exceptional fire mages at the guild, but they were all dead now. The effort of that cracking smile was a little too much, so she turned around to the folding box that had the gauze and bandages inside, and returned what was left of the roll.

It was at this point, that she picked up some cotton fluff, a sponge-like material, and a small amount of medical tape, before walking over to where the guy with the split lip was. She said, "I'm Ciara McClellan, and could you just stick out your lip in a pout for me please?" She started dabbing at his face gently with the slightly dampened sponge and soaked up all of the damp blood before gently pulling the two parts of the split together, placing a small amount of cotton on the spot, and using medical tape to hold it together. "You might want to be careful when eating or drinking."

She hoped that not too many more people were injured, not because she was being kept from watching her best friend perform, but because it pained her to see so many injured faces. Although, this was nothing in comparison to back then, that had just been brutal. She reminisced on the past for a moment before realizing that she was still standing where she had been for a while. Giving a slightly embarrassed face, rubbing the back of her neck and a slight blush crossing her cheeks, she moved to throw out the bloody sponge before taking a seat and watching over her out-patients.
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Livix » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Basil - Patchwork (Leaving First Aid Tent and getting near the main stage)

"Well thanks anyway, and thanks for the patching, I guess I'll see you later" and with that Basil left the tent to go back towards the main stage.

He got there too late to see the performance but he had heard enough through the whispers and murmurs to know he had missed one hell of a show

Basil decided to wait a bit longer to see if someone else was going to perform, and while he was waiting he decided to seek out that guy he was talking to before since he was the only person he knew in this town, considering Basil'd only been there for about 4 hours

Postby Redsnow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Rucio - First Aid Tent

"Wasn't eating or drinking," said Rucio, wincing as he poked at his lip. "This monstrously ugly fellow pushed me down when I was trying to give him a hand - fat lot of good that did me. You know, even anibals hab a sense of gratitude, and they actually like meeting feofle who aren't out to kill themb once in a blue -

He glanced outside the tent as another roar rippled through the crowd. "What's got everyone riled up so much, anyway?"

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing