Bradao's manga ideas. ( please help with art)

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bradao's manga ideas. ( please help with art)

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 am

Alright I've started this so I can write little bits of my comic ideas, I wonder how it will work out doing it this way. Please do not rip off of me, and please give me some critiquing when needed. And tell me if I should go back to my style I use on my tnr fanfic. Google tnr bradao and It should be there.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Re: Bradao's manga ideas. ( please help with art)

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:41 am

Alright so which should I do first, I think I will start with my creatures of the night idea.

(This world is in the infernal realm. There are many realms, oblivion, infernal realm, material realm, dream realm, spirit world, divine realm, and paradise, among others. This is recurrent in most of my ideas.)

The characters are:
Cathy the class C were cat (different transformation than a werewolf)
Iruka the class A fishman (can breath air and water, can make himself look like a handsome man)
Darian the A rank vampire lord ( he controls the world currently because the other dark lords are in inferno realm) John the class B perma-werewolf (he can create a second him with his shadow, can manipulate fire and shadow, and is stuck in werewolf form because Darian cursed him)
Quetzal the class A robot (they were made by sealing a girl's soul into a statue in an ancient society)
Von Blitz the class C "frankenstein" (he is trying to find the doctor that made him)
Aria a class B Human (demons wish to claim her for her immense power, if they eat her soul they would be able to defeat Darian. She is a psychic and is protected by Ethan.)
Rose a class A human (she is a hunter that uses any weapon she can find, especially guns and explosives, killed a demon wolf from the inside out and ate its heart, can turn into a demon wolf when she wants)
Jerry a class C human (his original job was to guard people on a demon infested road but lost his biggest deal)
Kogre a class A robot (same as Quetzal but made with boys)
Emily the class D "Frankenstein" (she was Von blitz's little sister, now travels with him as smart as there "father")
Tet the class A mummy ( this 12 year old king was mummified but was revived to protect his homeland he makes himself taller by standing on his servant, Ahnk's shoulders.)
Anubis the A rank demon (he has been traveling the universes of each realm and stopped for a bit in the infernal)
Vulpyro the S rank demon (a demon made of pure light, he has been collecting planet cores so he may retake the infernal realm and recreate it to it's original self.)
Absolu the S rank demon ( a demon of pure Ice she wishes to create a realm where humans and demons may live in prosperity and reach the divine realm and become "one big happy family")
Ethan the class S half-human (he has been given the power to summon demon gods to energize him. He protects Aria as well as he can)
Benny the B rank yeti (he protects his small village, and decides to protect it by traveling with Ethan to rid the world of demons)
Richard "Rockbones" Rikky the class A zombie ( he is just trying to spread some music to the world and catch Lindy who has moved to the material realm)
And Azurial the SS rank Wraith (he was killed by his father and is trying to get back to the dark realm)
more to come, but til then ill start on the script.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Maria the class A vampire (she was found by the infernal king after the realms were torn apart. He adopted her but split her into 3 pieces body, soul, and power. He kept the power within himself til the day he died)
Hark the class B samurai (possessed by a demon and can't be let go until he shed enough blood for the demon to have a new body through a blood drinking sword)
Lindy the class B Vampeer (a girl who's sister was fused to her's. They can split into 2 people but have to live off of other people's nightmares or perish)
Dylan the SSS rank demon (he wishes to consume all of the infernal realm and destroy oblivion so that he may rule as "king of the dead" he will then make all souls, good or bad, go to the divine realm)
So what does everyone think? Ill write the script next.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:09 pm

You're keeping things very linear and fantastical, aren't you?

Personally, I like the kind stories in which it's a human who thinks that his life is pretty ordinary and then later discovers that a Power that he has no understanding of has chosen him to maintain a worldly balance. I think you have a lot of decent *Elements* written in your above posts. But that's all they are--elements. Those are not characters. They aren't plots. They don't even pass as ideas.

For example, these are ideas:
  • Francis, a Hunter by profession loses control of his horse after a successful hunt one night and falls over a bridge into a dimensional rift that brings him back to the middle ages.
  • Marvis, an alien who has been stranded on Earth, merely seeks to go home and is pursued by government officials who want to dissect him and profit from his organs.
  • Sarah is a prostitute who sticks her nose too deeply into the wrong place and uncovers a plot to kill every hooker in the state of New York.

Those are ideas. They do not have plot or any semblance of a storyline, and they do not stand for anything by themselves.

In creating a story, you need an Idea, a Concept, Characters, a Storyline, and at the very least, a Conflict (usually more than one).

It should be interesting. It should be descriptive. In the sense of a comic series, it should have good artwork and detail and attract the reader for its use of color and/or imagination. For an example of good comics, read pretty much any Marvel series, and if you're a big fan of anime, read Fruits Basket or Hellsing. These are good examples of detailed artwork with a convincing cast of characters and excellent plot.

But don't expect anyone to do your work for you.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:49 pm

It was just a small back story for each character, they all interact at some point or another, but before we start arguing about certain stuff I would like to thank you for your critiquing you are probably the first person to help me like this (drkidomakun helped with art on a different story). And like your name this is a rough draft. All of there stories intertwine so there will be some conflict, for example tet wants lindy to be his bride, and rockbones wants Lindy as a girlfriend. Lindy is of course annoyed by this as she tries to tell them to stop fighting, she walks away and mid battle they notice she is gone and now have a rivalry, also for this one there is no one main character. Sorry to have drug this out longer than I shouldve. And thank you again, it will help me to become better.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm

In other words, you really just want to mimic manga style and create a world of your own.

Well, I don't want to discourage you, but perhaps you should brainstorm ideas (not characters), learn the difference between "there" "their" and "they're," and figure out what kind of story YOU want to tell, first.

When you're writing a story (and yes, making a comic strip IS the same thing as writing a story), first you have to develop the idea into an actual story. Next you have to think about what demographic this will supposedly appeal to. You create characters and plan all elements of your story; Usually when writing, more than a few elements of your story will develop into fully-enclosed sub-plots that then have to be developed into stories of their own. As an example to this, I would recommend you go to your local Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy of "The Way Of Shadows" by Brent Weeks. If you like the book, you should read the rest of that series (it's actually a trilogy called "Night Angel"), and you might also like the Obsidian Trilogy by James Mallory and Mercedes Lackey.

Most manga takes the main perspective of a single person, deviating only slightly as time goes on with minimal breaks in the main story. This is not necessarily true of literature, but it does have something to do with it at times. You should develop your style and make it unique. If you look at the work of varying manga-ka (professional comic-book authors) such as Kohta Hirano, Ken Akamatsu, and Yasuhiro Nightow, you see that their styles are almost completely different and yet they share many of the same elements.

I realize that as you are only 16 and not exactly "worldly" so to speak, it may be a difficult concept for you to grasp. Take the time to practice your artwork, get better at storytelling, and then plan, plan and plan some more. It may take a while, but it is possible to become a professional some day.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks ill try.

Return to Literature