Halo: Reach - Forge World

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Halo: Reach - Forge World

Postby Thomathan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:24 pm

FORGEWORLD!

Is anyone else looking forward to Halo: Reach?
At first I was thinking maybe I might get Halo: Reach, but after seeing so much it has to offer I've pre-ordered it.
With the new forge capabilities, your imagination has no end.
It's like playing with lego!
Once more, with feeling.
Currently watching:   Nothing   
Any show recommendations? Pm me~!

Re: Halo: Reach - Forge World

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Thomathan wrote:Is anyone else looking forward to Halo: Reach?

I've got a mixed relationship to that. On one hand, I can't wait to see what the hell happens, and finally I can kick Covenant ass as a Spartan without any damn Flood. The fact those little bastards aren't in there is a plus for me.

But that Beta (yes I know it was a fucking Beta) didn't impress me. Although I had a kick ass time with Punky. I mean why the fuck did they decide to add such massive recoil to human weapons? Do the Spartan 3s suck that bad? Hell, I preferred the Covenant Weapons over all of the human ones this time for the recoil reason, and that they were incredibly low powered. I could empty an assault rifle clip into a guy, beat him, and he'd still be alive. It was a short of a cluster fuck in terms of weapon management.

Plus I hate Spartan 3s. The twos were better in every way imaginable.

I don't know if I'll rent it, let alone buy it.

Postby Thunderbolt » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:18 am

Forge World does seem pretty cool. Its just that it is packaged with Halo Reach. The beta was pretty boring and couldn't hold my attention for very long. After a few games the first day of the beta I just stopped playing. I only got back on because two of the people I usually play Forza with were playing it.

Unless Forge World lets you change the physics, character models, and weapon characteristics I don't think I'll be buying this game. I'll stick to Halo Custom Edition and the occasional Halo 2 Vista. The only advantage Forge World has over those games is the graphics.

Postby Rowby » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:53 am

Hmm Forge World is like the Sandbox in Halo 3.
Thanks to that, my possibilities of creating levels are now neverending.
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

̄ω ̄

Postby Thomathan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Thomathan wrote:Is anyone else looking forward to Halo: Reach?

I've got a mixed relationship to that. On one hand, I can't wait to see what the hell happens, and finally I can kick Covenant ass as a Spartan without any damn Flood. The fact those little bastards aren't in there is a plus for me.

But that Beta (yes I know it was a fucking Beta) didn't impress me. Although I had a kick ass time with Punky. I mean why the fuck did they decide to add such massive recoil to human weapons? Do the Spartan 3s suck that bad? Hell, I preferred the Covenant Weapons over all of the human ones this time for the recoil reason, and that they were incredibly low powered. I could empty an assault rifle clip into a guy, beat him, and he'd still be alive. It was a short of a cluster fuck in terms of weapon management.

Plus I hate Spartan 3s. The twos were better in every way imaginable.

I don't know if I'll rent it, let alone buy it.

As you said, it was the beta, and the people at bungie had "The Zero-bug release milestone" finished on June 24, tweaking gameplay as well, and I agree the recoil and the lack of power was there, but it seems to have been tweaked great.
All of the halo games, not including odst and halo wars, have been completely different from each other and deliver a great experience, but with games such as the call of duty franchise and battlefield, the gameplay mainly changes in weapons you can use, so they seem like sports games, so I believe Halo: Reach will surpass Medal of Honor and CoD: Black Ops.

Thunderbolt wrote:Unless Forge World lets you change the physics, character models, and weapon characteristics I don't think I'll be buying this game. I'll stick to Halo Custom Edition and the occasional Halo 2 Vista. The only advantage Forge World has over those games is the graphics.

Forge world also lets you create dead zones, out of bounds where if you pass it you have 10 seconds or so to return before you are killed by the guardians, change the colors of blocks to represent blue base, red base, green, etc. and you can make it so you can face someone above you, upside down.

Character models, from what I know of, depending on what team you are on you'll use your elite or spartan character model, so you can have a game of infection where whoever is the zombie, is an elite.

Weapon characteristics is something that is also in halo 3, if you are talking about the damage, and you can pickup and swap different armor abilities, I think the possibilities in Halo: Reach now, are truly never ending, Halo: Reach has great potential.

On another note, after watching the "Halo: Reach Panel at Comic Con" what I seem to be looking forward to now is that, if you're able to drive forklifts now, what else can we do?
Link Changed, HD
Last edited by Thomathan on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once more, with feeling.

Postby Zarengo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm going to buy it for the lulz.

Plus, the new and improved firefight 2.0 (as bungie calls it) does seem like an attractive feature. With the whole customizable crap added to it, and that now every time someone leaves the game doesn't end. Thats enough for me.

But the jet pack did piss me off. The game involved too much jumping and flying as it was, but jet packs??

Oh, and Blood Gulch is coming back, that alone will make me buy it.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Thomathan wrote:All of the halo games, not including odst and halo wars, have been completely different from each other

Bull shit. There was a weapons upgrade and a graphics overhaul on Halos 1-3.

Thomathan wrote:"The Zero-bug release milestone" finished on June 24,

I know dammit.

Thomathan wrote:but with games such as the call of duty franchise and battlefield, the gameplay mainly changes in weapons you can use, so they seem like sports games, so I believe Halo: Reach will surpass Medal of Honor and CoD: Black Ops.

I use to think that. But the Beta disappointed me. I tried COD MW2 online and haven't gone back to halo since. Even the recoil in MW2 isn't as terrible as the Reach Beta.

Postby Thunderbolt » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 am

Thomathan wrote:
Thunderbolt wrote:Unless Forge World lets you change the physics, character models, and weapon characteristics I don't think I'll be buying this game. I'll stick to Halo Custom Edition and the occasional Halo 2 Vista. The only advantage Forge World has over those games is the graphics.

Forge world also lets you create dead zones, out of bounds where if you pass it you have 10 seconds or so to return before you are killed by the guardians, change the colors of blocks to represent blue base, red base, green, etc. and you can make it so you can face someone above you, upside down.

Character models, from what I know of, depending on what team you are on you'll use your elite or spartan character model, so you can have a game of infection where whoever is the zombie, is an elite.

Weapon characteristics is something that is also in halo 3, if you are talking about the damage, and you can pickup and swap different armor abilities, I think the possibilities in Halo: Reach now, are truly never ending, Halo: Reach has great potential.

On another note, after watching the "Halo: Reach Panel at Comic Con" what I seem to be looking forward to now is that, if you're able to drive forklifts now, what else can we do?

I don't think you were ever able to change the weapon characteristics, game physics, and character models in Halo 3's Forge.

Forge just gives you some blocks to put together. There are a lot of creative people who do wonders with this. But Halo CE lets you build an entire game from the ground up. Thank goodness there is still enough people online to play support the game.

Postby Thomathan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:05 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Thomathan wrote:All of the halo games, not including odst and halo wars, have been completely different from each other

Bull shit. There was a weapons upgrade and a graphics overhaul on Halos 1-3.
That why they were different from each other, I don't get how my statement is wrong if you said yourself weapons and graphics changed.

Thomathan wrote:but with games such as the call of duty franchise and battlefield, the gameplay mainly changes in weapons you can use, so they seem like sports games, so I believe Halo: Reach will surpass Medal of Honor and CoD: Black Ops.

I use to think that. But the Beta disappointed me. I tried COD MW2 online and haven't gone back to halo since. Even the recoil in MW2 isn't as terrible as the Reach Beta.

I know you said that you know this already but, it was the beta, MW2 is agreeably addictive and fun to play online, but it offers the same thing over and over, killing and if wanted, objectives of some sort, and with Bungies zero bug release, hopefully they changed the amount of recoil, all we can do is wait and see for time being.

The last halo game that was actually good in my opinion was halo 3 and it's pretty old now, and everything possible that was exciting is old now, this is the reason call of duty releases every year or so, so that consumers don't get bored and tired of the game and that they can attempt to remove exploits in predecessors and change the experience by a bit, while halo 3 on it's own lasted 2 years, and Halo CE still has a community to date.

Thunderbolt wrote:
Thomathan wrote:

I don't think you were ever able to change the weapon characteristics, game physics, and character models in Halo 3's Forge.

Forge just gives you some blocks to put together. There are a lot of creative people who do wonders with this. But Halo CE lets you build an entire game from the ground up. Thank goodness there is still enough people online to play support the game.

Back in halo 3, in the game type options, you could change the amount of damage a player could exert and amount of gravity on a player, whereas halo reach game type options lets you choose what character model a person uses, but only from 2 options, elite or spartan.
Halo 3's forge was something that just gave you blocks and whatnot, thats why I'm looking forward to Halo: Reach's Forge, you can build a map with many different characteristics now, and you can create actual dead zones that kill you if you pass them, Forge world is gonna be the closest thing for console gamers that love halo, to create a game ground up, I myself loved Halo CE and I also have great expectations for Reach.
Zarengo wrote:I'm going to buy it for the lulz.

Plus, the new and improved firefight 2.0 (as bungie calls it) does seem like an attractive feature. With the whole customizable crap added to it, and that now every time someone leaves the game doesn't end. Thats enough for me.

But the jet pack did piss me off. The game involved too much jumping and flying as it was, but jet packs??

Oh, and Blood Gulch is coming back, that alone will make me buy it.

I agree with everything but with the jumping and flying part, I don't think many people will be using the jet pack, as you said the was already a lot of jumping, imo I can only see noobs or kids actually using it. Armor lock, Sprint, Cloak, Hologram, drop shield/bubble shield and barrel roll will probably be used most, as to me they seem the most strategic armor abilities, jet packs will probably be used in custom games and such tho.
Once more, with feeling.

Postby Teran » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Curse my luck. The game will be released on September 14, and I'll leave my home to study on Austria a whole fucking semester on September 12.

Yes, looking forward to this game (although I had a mixed reaction with the Beta), like 6 months after it's released.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Wes S » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:00 am

I'm not planning on buying the game anytime soon, the first Halo was great because it was new and original, but after that it became the only thing anyone ever talked about, and it got REALLY annoying really fast.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 am

I'm buying it. Blood Lord is too much of a perfectionist. I enjoyed raping people with the armor lock WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to not be getting this.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Blood Lord is too much of a perfectionist.

Damn strait.

I enjoyed raping people with the armor lock WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to not be getting this.

I swear, you were the only one who knew how to use that ability.

Everyone else that I saw was retarded when they used it, and it got significantly worse by that invasion mode. I just stood out of their EMP range, and stuck the little fuck with a bomb when he came out. One guy goes into a bloody armor lock in the middle of the damn map and it becomes a giant cluster fuck of who can kill who first, only to have the armor locking son of a bitch die from his own grenade.

What. The. Hell.

CQB I can see that thing becoming a great advantage, especially with the whole, EMP discharge at the end. And if you have someone with you, you two are next to unstoppable.

Also, I can't wait for Zero Productions to review Halo Reach.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah the trick to armor lock was simple... DO NOT USE IT IN OPEN SPACES. You also had to make sure that the opposing player did not know you had it. One of the most effective uses for armor lock is when it's a small ass room you run to the enemy, do it for a second, get off and shoot him to death. or sticky somebody and then do it before they run towards you. Hell if somebody stickies you, you can remove it by using armor lock.

But yeah dude Bungie already said that they're fixing the problems. When we played it was fun. You were the one raping while I took it nice and slow and enjoyed my kills. It's like you were an Alien, and I was a predator. Only sexy.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby zepherin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:01 pm

I like the idea of better level editors because it allows fans to make additions to the game, but just because the devs include a good level editor doesn't mean they are off the hook for creating levels, and forge world looks like a bitching level that is huge.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:00 pm

JesusChrist wrote:But yeah dude Bungie already said that they're fixing the problems.

That's good. I hope that damn recoil shit is gone.

JesusChrist wrote:When we played it was fun. You were the one raping while I took it nice and slow and enjoyed my kills. It's like you were an Alien, and I was a predator. Only sexy.

It was one of the ten best games of Halo I've ever played.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Bitch Nigga it was the best moment of your halo playing HISTORY.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 pm

... Alright, yeah it was.

Postby Thomathan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:45 am

JesusChrist wrote:Blood Lord is too much of a perfectionist.

Without perfectionist's, who would shape the world?

JesusChrist wrote:I enjoyed raping people with the armor lock WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much to not be getting this.

lol armor lock is pretty easy to counter imo stand back, wait, and throw a plasma or something along those lines. I'm looking forward to the holograms and deployed shields.

oh which version are you getting? I'm getting the console :3
Once more, with feeling.

Postby Thunderbolt » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:48 am

Isn't there only a console version?

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:34 am

there's only a console version. And Thomatan, every single armor power is easy to counterattack. I just explained the proper way of using it [staying in groups, or at least in small spaces]

Postby Emerald Emblem » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby Rowby » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm

I found this while watching the vid above.
Introductions like Dare's ODST Squad. Noble Team.
A Spartan Will Rise ViDoc Trailer
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

̄ω ̄

Postby soulmerchant » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:17 am

Co-ordinates in Forge = Win. I have made some really cool and perfect-looking stuff using coordinates.

EDIT: I just realized im the first to post here in 2 years. "googleyeyes"
EDIT2: 1 year. hehe

Postby Archrival » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:22 am

Yeah and don't do it again, necroing threads is annoying.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming